Author Topic: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba baaaa  (Read 466339 times)

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Tucker Bounds has to be the most unlikeable spokesperson ever.  I want to hit him in the face.  There's no way he strikes a chord with even conservative voters.  Worst hire ever.
PSP

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
:)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1982 on: October 02, 2008, 11:08:24 AM »
Cheebs :rock
If Palin fails, the election is 100% over. If she does amazing McCain may have a chance. If both do average then I say Obama wins due to being ahead already.

TONIGHT THE ELECTION IS DETERMINED I SAY.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Uh, the election is determined by a Veep debate in the middle of the biggest financial crisis most Americans have seen in their lifetime? :lol

Okay, Cheebs. :lol

:lol

:lol :lol :lol
PSP

Phoenix Dark

Re: Evilbore's Presidential Election Thread --Its the Final COUNTDOWN Ba da ba b
« Reply #1984 on: October 02, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »
Cheebs could be OUR Palin, Willco! Make it happen

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
No, thanks.

Some of the things that spew out of his mouth - I swear.  Just the concept that the election will be determined by the Veep debate.  Palin could launch into a coherent, political tirade and offer to blow every man in America, and most voters would still not hold that as the determining factor when they cast their ballot next month.

Why?

Because we're this close to seeing our economy imploding and nobody will give a crap that the VICE PRESIDENT NOMINEE for the incumbent political party outwitted Joe Biden at a debate.
PSP

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1986 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:22 AM »
Has Cafferty's comment been seen here?

[youtube=425,350]L8__aXxXPVc[/youtube]

I love how he shuts down Blitzer

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Can you paraphrase or do you habe a transcript? On my BlackBerry here.
PSP

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.

Holy crap you don't need it, I had to fast forward through her distinguished mentally-challenged.  Wow, that's sad. 
:)

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1989 on: October 02, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »
Paraphrasing Blitzer in general

Argument: This guy has been accused of child molestation and he wants to run for office? I know this is America but give me a break
Blitzer: Yes but he has three children

Argument: Bush has an approval rating that's lower than Nixon's
Blitzer: Yes but many still consider him a strong leader

Argument: It's a shame that some people shun education like it's an evil thing
Blitzer: Yes but education isn't the only important thing

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Cafferty rules when it comes to telling how it is with Palin
o_0

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #1991 on: October 02, 2008, 11:54:06 AM »

Intro by Cafferty: There's a reason Palin has been hidden from the press. (roll Couric tape on the bailout)

Cafferty: Did you get that? If John McCain wins this woman will be one 72 year old's heartbeat away from  being President of the United States. And if that doesn't scare the hell out of you it should. I'm 65 and ahve been covering politics for a long time, that is one of the most pathetic pieces of tape I have ever seen for someone aspiring to one of the highest offices in this country. That's all I have to say.

Blitzer: Yea well she's cramming a lot of information --

Cafferty: There's no excuse for that, she's supposed to know a little bit of this. Don't make excuses for this.

Blitzer: THat was not her best answer... I agree with you on that

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1992 on: October 02, 2008, 11:55:13 AM »

Intro by Cafferty: There's a reason Palin has been hidden from the press. (roll Couric tape on the bailout)

Cafferty: Did you get that? If John McCain wins this woman will be one 72 year old's heartbeat away from  being President of the United States. And if that doesn't scare the hell out of you it should. I'm 65 and ahve been covering politics for a long time, that is one of the most pathetic pieces of tape I have ever seen for someone aspiring to one of the highest offices in this country. That's all I have to say.

Blitzer: Yea well she's cramming a lot of information --

Cafferty: There's no excuse for that, she's supposed to know a little bit of this. Don't make excuses for this.

Blitzer: THat was not her best answer... I agree with you on that

See, almost exactly like my paraphrase and I didn't even watch the video. Blitzer is a joke

MrAngryFace

The media has been shitty leaning right to appear objective since they got swatted on the butt at RNC
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1994 on: October 02, 2008, 12:02:11 PM »
The media has been shitty leaning right to appear objective since they got swatted on the butt at RNC

They were doing this before the RNC but it seemed like the RNC made them less blatant. Remember when SNL ran that pillow skit about Obama being cuddled, and immediately afterward the media started hammering Obama nonstop? They were fucking with him even after he put Hillary to bed after NC/Indiana.

MrAngryFace

Thats just a case of momentum from the primaries, I dont think they were learning republican to appear objective back then.

And I mean they REALLY have to lean right now, cause the stuff McCain and Palin say...jesus
o_0

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
None of which will affect the debates, mind you. These debates are a joke. Moderators there simply to keep track of time between questions, with seemingly no interest in getting to the bottom of the issues lest they might have to drop one of the questions on the sheet, or allow the wrong person to make the final comment in an ongoing argument. Good grief.

MrAngryFace

They may be a joke, but the idea of Palin or McCain actually getting a public event to continue lying to the American people still makes me GRRRRR
o_0

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
The media's crush on Palin has been long since over.  The economy really changed the way this election is being done.  Palin was picked because the economy was doing well enough to make it about image.  Ever since mid September, it is now about the issues and this explains the resurgence of Obama/Biden.  A lot of GOP members talk about Main Street not caring but Main Street does care.  A lot of people who have retirement plans in the stock market are now worried that they will never retire and if all they get from Palin is non-answers, they're going to go to the other side.  Especially if Biden is well spoken at the debate.

The media hasn't given her a free pass in some time.  Except the far right wing media like Fox News and talk radio but they can't be expected to behave rationally anyway and it isn't like their hard pro McCain spin has done anything to keep voters from going to the Democrats.  They are going to that side anyway.

I don't think Palin will be as bad as she was when interviewing Couric but I guarantee you that she isn't going to hold her own tonight.  She will be better but that doesn't necessarily mean it will inspire confidence in her.  Far right wingers will love her but tonight, it is about how the moderates perceive her.

Either it will be a 1 or 2 point gain by Obama/Biden or it will be a 4 or 5 point gain by Obama/Biden.  Palin will lose, it is just down to a matter of degree.
🍆🍆

MrAngryFace

She wont do badly tonight, mostly because she will be providing probably an almost exact repeat of McCain's debate, but without all the anger. Pundits will say she took the challenge and looked presidential, despite her words meaning absolutely nothing.
o_0

Tristam

I'm starting to agree with Palin's policies. We really need to shore up our economy so that our health care reforms accompany tax reductions for the middle class so that people can afford groceries for tax breaks or else we won't be able to capitalize on the expanding trade sector. If she is so wonderful and so blessed to have the wonderful and blessed opportunity to take office then she will be able to implement tax reforms because The Maverick is determined to pass economic reforms that will ultimately form an umbrella over the American economy and create jobs to help the working class Americans.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

duckman2000

I'm starting to agree with Palin's policies. We really need to shore up our economy so that our health care reforms accompany tax reductions for the middle class so that people can afford groceries for tax breaks or else we won't be able to capitalize on the expanding trade sector. If she is so wonderful and so blessed to have the wonderful and blessed opportunity to take office then she will be able to implement tax reforms because The Maverick is determined to pass economic reforms that will ultimately form an umbrella over the American economy and create jobs to help the working class Americans.

That would have been great satire  :lol

Had it only been satire  :(

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2003 on: October 02, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
holy shit Obama and Bruce Springsteen are comin' to mah school on monday  :o

:bow :bow :bow

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Wow, Bruce Springsteen and Obama are coming to your house?!
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2005 on: October 02, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »
this is why jews and blacks don't get along

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Because you're home schooled and believe dinosaurs and man walked the Earth at the same time, and my people have used their superior understanding of academics to amass huge amounts of wealth?

Enjoy Creationism, sucker!
PSP

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2007 on: October 02, 2008, 02:27:46 PM »

GOP's "secret" meeting on gloomy Florida news
http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/state/article835288.ece#

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2008 on: October 02, 2008, 02:31:41 PM »
this is why jews and blacks don't get along

What about Sammy Davis Jr, Lenny Kravitz, certain small Ethiopian tribes, and Whoppi Goldberg?
^_^

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Reality -> The Onion -> Reality

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/02/mccain-says-obama-lead-growing-because-life-isnt-fair/

(CNN) — Sen. John McCain said Thursday that Sen. Barack Obama’s poll numbers are rising as the economy seems to sink “because life isn’t fair.”

“He certainly did nothing for the first few days,” McCain said Thursday on Fox News. “I suspended my campaign, took our ads down, came back to Washington, met with the House folks and got on the phone, and also had face-to-face meetings.”
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2010 on: October 02, 2008, 02:33:25 PM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge
John McCain is pulling out of Michigan, according to two Republicans, a stunning move a month away from Election Day that indicates the difficulty Republicans are having in finding blue states to put in play.

McCain will go off TV in Michigan, stop dropping mail there and send most of his staff to more competitive states, including Wisconsin, Ohio and Florida.   Wisconsin went for Kerry in 2004, Ohio and Florida for Bush.

McCain's campaign didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Republicans had been bullish on Michigan, hopeful that McCain's past success in the state in the 2000 primary combined with voter dissatisfaction with Democratic Gov. Jennifer Granholm and skepticism among blue-collar voters about Barack Obama could make it competitive.

McCain and his running mate Sarah Palin spent the night after the GOP convention at a large rally in Macomb County, just outside Detroit.  The two returned later last month for another sizable event in Grand Rapids.

But recent polls there have shown Obama extending what had been a small lead, with the economic crisis damaging an already sagging GOP brand in a state whose economy is in tatters.   

A McCain event planned for next week in Plymouth, Michiigan, has been canceled.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/McCain_pulling_out_of_Michigan.html?showall

:rock :rock :rock

duckman2000

:bow Ann Arbor :bow2

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2012 on: October 02, 2008, 02:35:06 PM »
:bow Washtenaw County :bow2

:bow Wayne County :bow2

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
what happened to the surge strategy, John?
乱学者

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2014 on: October 02, 2008, 02:38:33 PM »
:bow Washtenaw County :bow2

:bow Wayne County :bow2

I'm putting my hands up for Detroit now. Fedde Le Grand would be proud.

Although, wasn't the Dems' goal to spread McCain too thin? I'm a bit worried about concentration in Florida, especially since Obama is maintaining a nice lead with the black hole of Republican organizers around there.
^_^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2015 on: October 02, 2008, 02:43:19 PM »
If he's pulling out of Michigan why the fuck was he in IOWA yesterday? I don't get it.

Pennsylvania: I think it's more solid blue than Michigan.
http://www.pollster.com/polls/pa/08-pa-pres-ge-mvo.php

Ohio: Seems like his best bet
http://www.pollster.com/polls/oh/08-oh-pres-ge-mvo.php

Florida: Good lord
http://www.pollster.com/polls/fl/08-fl-pres-ge-mvo.php

Not looking good in any of those states right now. Florida is too crazy to predict right now but obviously it's swinging Obama's way. Ohio is coming around. NM seems lost. Nevada is moving to a toss up. Colorado is moving to Obama.

And then consider how much defense McCain is going to be forced to play in once leading-red states

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #2016 on: October 02, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »
McCain is entering panic mode (and with good reason).
haw

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #2017 on: October 02, 2008, 02:46:41 PM »
pulling out of michigan in one of his FOREIGN CARS
wtc

duckman2000

The missus may go to a roundtable with Joe McCain, Jim Warner (McCain's POW buddy) and some Clinton supporter who now supports McCain. Should be interesting hearing what comes out of that. It's apparently aimed at undecided independents and moderates.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
McCain is pulling really desperate shit in Iowa.  Yesterday, the college GOP tried to rally supporters.  They had a big posterboard that said "Hitler's Holocaust" with a liberated concentration camp.  Then below it, it said "Obama's Holocaust" and it had a wide variety of pictures of dead fetuses.  It was offensive but it was funny, considering that they have to resort to this to whip up GOP support.  Nobody paid attention to them and just kept walking.

I think the only reason why he remains in Iowa is that it has been a swing state for the past decade.  However, the state is solidly Obama territory.

I think McCain's new areas to visit will be Florida, Ohio, Indiana, Nevada, and North Carolina.  Maybe Colorado.  I could see them go either way.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2020 on: October 02, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »
McCain is pulling really desperate shit in Iowa.  Yesterday, the college GOP tried to rally supporters.  They had a big posterboard that said "Hitler's Holocaust" with a liberated concentration camp.  Then below it, it said "Obama's Holocaust" and it had a wide variety of pictures of dead fetuses.  It was offensive but it was funny, considering that they have to resort to this to whip up GOP support.  Nobody paid attention to them and just kept walking.

I think the only reason why he remains in Iowa is that it has been a swing state for the past decade.  However, the state is solidly Obama territory.

I think McCain's new areas to visit will be Florida, Ohio, Indiana, Nevada, and North Carolina.  Maybe Colorado.  I could see them go either way.

And Missouri and Indiana; he's gotta play defense there. Right now it looks like his offensive states are shrinking while the states he has to defend (NC, Indiana, Missouri, possibly Georgia, etc) are growing. He looks fucked right now

duckman2000

I guess the Clinton supporter turned McCain support is one Lynn Forester de Rothschild?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2022 on: October 02, 2008, 03:00:22 PM »
yea. Your wife isn't in Michigan?

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #2023 on: October 02, 2008, 03:01:39 PM »
Holy shit, if he's bailing out of Michigan he might as well bail out of the race.

duckman2000

« Reply #2024 on: October 02, 2008, 03:03:27 PM »
yea. Your wife isn't in Michigan?

The event is today, in Ann Arbor. Kind of weird timing.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #2025 on: October 02, 2008, 03:13:10 PM »
if he's bailing out of Michigan he might as well bail out of the race.

It's not a bail out, it's a rescue plan.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 03:15:29 PM by Bocsius »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #2026 on: October 02, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »
Whoa in Ann Arbor? That's interesting. I would think Ann Arbor is far too much of a liberal/intellectual oasis for McCain to even try to siphon democrats. That makes no fucking sense - AA is religiously liberal lol. Trying to trick former Clinton voters into joining the McCain camp may work on Macomb County or some blue collar county, but not there

Is your wife on the fence?

treythemovie

McCain's electoral strategy is mindboggling. At this point I think he's just covering his while repeating to himself "It's still 2004, it's still 2004..."

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I think McCain banked too much on that there would be no significant problems in 2008, that people still care about image (which has dominated politics since arguably 1960) over the issues.
🍆🍆

duckman2000

« Reply #2029 on: October 02, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »
Whoa in Ann Arbor? That's interesting. I would think Ann Arbor is far too much of a liberal/intellectual oasis for McCain to even try to siphon democrats. That makes no fucking sense - AA is religiously liberal lol. Trying to trick former Clinton voters into joining the McCain camp may work on Macomb County or some blue collar county, but not there

Is your wife on the fence?

Oh no, God no. Although she hasn't bought into Obama's talk, she's vehemently anti-McCain. I'm guessing it's just an act of desperation. The fact that they have a POW buddy with them suggests as much.

treythemovie

wow, so the McCain campaign's new plan is to go after Biden? Who the fuck is going to vote based upon Biden? No one gives a crap about him. Yeesh is the McCain campaign spiralling out of control.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #2031 on: October 02, 2008, 03:56:21 PM »
Well, once you've pulled the "Obama is the Antichrist" card and it didn't work, there's not much else you can do with the top line of the ticket.

« Reply #2032 on: October 02, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »
I lol'ed

Is this a metaphor for the "Bridge to Nowhere?"

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #2033 on: October 02, 2008, 06:07:30 PM »

I'm putting my hands up for Detroit now. Fedde Le Grand would be proud.

reportedly that track took an hour to make
Tonya

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
Who's ready to see Biden bend Palin over his knee and give her a verbal spanking on national television

I AM.
HLR

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Sarah Palin is wearing her hair down today, which is an oddity.
🍆🍆

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
So when does this massacre debate start?
HLR

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
So when does this massacre debate start?

1 1/2 hours
🍆🍆

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
link to a live stream?

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #2039 on: October 02, 2008, 09:04:36 PM »
LET THE PUBLIC EXECUTION OF SARAH PALIN COMMENCE.
wha