Author Topic: Movie News, Reviews, and Discussion Super-Thread  (Read 4186375 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: The new and improved "Movies you've seen recently" thread
« Reply #21420 on: November 19, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »
And now I'm downloading Passenger 57 and Non-stop. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #21421 on: November 19, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »
Air Force One

::) I have a thing for 90s Die Hard clones but this one didn't really do it for me. Oldman was pretty good as the Han Gruber stand in, but Ford didn't really work as a John McClane. There isn't so much you can do with a plane, so it's a lot of scenes in very similar environments. Eh. Didn't really do it for me. I'd take  Cliffhanger or or Under Seige over this any day.
"It was you?!"

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #21422 on: November 22, 2014, 12:47:50 AM »
Watched Rise of the planet of the Apes. It was "okay". Not bad. Not great. The CGI was a little distracting for me but I'm nit picking there I guess. It's solid enough movie just nothing jumped out about it for me as especially memorable or unique relative to the franchise. I think I'm more curious to see Dawn as I think I might find the setup more compelling in that one than I did the origin story here.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21423 on: November 22, 2014, 02:28:25 PM »
Non stop.  :lol those airplane seats are like lazy boy chairs

Ugg the Muslim suspect that turns out to be a doctor, and computer programmer that can do any thing with any kind of computer

Overall still pretty good.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:14:36 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #21424 on: November 22, 2014, 06:25:53 PM »
blue is the warmest colour is really, really good.
zzz

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #21425 on: November 22, 2014, 07:39:51 PM »
I fast forwarded to the good parts. I'm sleazy

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21426 on: November 22, 2014, 08:55:34 PM »
I'm only going to watch it because they spelt 'colour' correctly. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #21427 on: November 22, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21428 on: November 22, 2014, 09:22:07 PM »
O, I guess I'll watch it for that as well.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21429 on: November 22, 2014, 11:38:33 PM »
Dear White People was awful, but I don't know if I'm supposed to "get" it.
püp

« Reply #21430 on: November 23, 2014, 01:58:43 AM »
Birdman was interesting. Loved the claustrophobic cinematography.
野球

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #21431 on: November 23, 2014, 03:46:44 AM »
Sorcerer is fucking great.  Why did 1977 audiences flock to some corny space opera instead of such a great film is beyond me.

Tasty

« Reply #21432 on: November 23, 2014, 04:28:57 AM »
Reviews #20 to 24 here.

25. Fire in the Sky

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interesting movie. The first half basically plays out like a murder mystery, and if you don't know anything about the movie going in, it's likely to be pretty engaging. Just what exactly did happen?

However if you know anything about the movie, it's likely to be less exciting. To be fair, I liked the murder mystery aspect. It felt like The Exorcism of Emily Rose where it's focusing more on the human, secular aspect and how a society would react to such a supernatural occurrence.

What people usually talk about when they discuss this movie is the examination scene, and it is some pretty frightening (if a bit 90s-cheese) stuff. Well done, and a pretty good payoff for the build up.

A downside of the movie is that it just looks cheap. Like, uber cheap. I looked it up and apparently the budget was $15 million (in 1993 money), but it looks far cheaper than that. No real standout actors either (the acting in general was hit or miss.)

All in all, a distinctive take on the whole "alien abduction" horror subgenre, with one standout scene but looks cheap and kinda meanders otherwise.

2 / 5
[close]

26. Devil's Advocate

Interesting movie. A bit on the long side, but I appreciate that it takes a while to build up. In fact, I was wondering if there was actually any supernatural stuff in the movie at all. It doesn't show up until like an hour and a half in, and I really liked that. It forced me to get more invested in the characters and their human problems. Plus, when the supernatural stuff turns up, it's very subtle in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it way.

The climax of the movie kinda goes off the rails and overexplains things, which is a shame since the movie does such a great job building everything subtly and meticulously. That said, the end was worth it to see Al Pacino lose his shit and scream and yell and ham it up. Possibly my favorite Satan on film.

Keanu Reeves does an absolutely fantastic job in this movie. I loved his southern drawl, and he looks the sharpest he's ever been here. I know he doesn't age and everything, but he just had an amazing look in this entire movie. Theron is also a favorite of mine and she does a great job.

This was more of a morality play than a horror or even thriller, but it did have a nice ramp up for tension and plot and I really enjoyed it.

3 / 5
[close]

27. Dead Alive

What the heck did I just watch? :lol

Oh my lord, this movie man. I went into it knowing pretty much nothing other than it was supposed to be gory, and man that doesn't even begin to describe it. I would not be surprised if this was the goriest movie of all time. What's great is it's 100% practical effects, which sometimes don't entirely hit their mark but considering the low budget I'm amazed what they pulled off.

The story and characters aren't really worth noting, after the movie's set up you can pretty much guess all the story beats. Even still, there's some brilliant unexpected black humor, like when Lionel takes a zombie baby out for a stroll. I was rolling at that part. And who could forget the Priest? "I kick ass for the Lord!"

The editing is ridiculous. The entire thing feels like you're taking speed or something with dialog and movement cut so fast you barely have time to absorb anything before the next thing is there. It reminds me a lot of the wackier moments in Evil Dead II, and to be honest, I'm surprised Sam Raimi didn't direct this movie. It really feels right in his wheelhouse. But no, it's Peter Jackson. Can we get some more of this instead of wanking off Tolkien constantly, Peter?

The final thing to note is that the movie actually does have an attempt at a message, and while I appreciated the movie trying to make itself seem deeper, I don't think it was really necessary. It doesn't hurt things though.

5 / 5
[close]

28. Hellraiser

Haven't really been able to pin down my thoughts on this one. I dislike it, that much I know, but it's hard for me to explain why that is.

I suppose principally it's because the most screen time is devoted to the "bad guys." Not the Cenobites (whether they're actually bad guys is up for interpretation, as they only do what they do after asking or are explicitly summoned.) I mean Julia and her skinless ex-lover Frank. Both of these people are repugnant - they kill without remorse, betray the trust of husband/brother Larry (before eventually killing him too), and 80% of the movie is focused on them. The "protagonist" is ostensibly the step-daughter/niece Kirsty, but she's barely a factor until the third act requires her.

The gore effects and makeup on the Cenobites are phenomenal, possibly some of the best I've seen in a horror film. However, it's all flash and no substance. There's no story or real characters here, just an excuse to take the world of BDSM and play with it in a supernatural way.

1 / 5
[close]

29. The Changeling

A legitimately creepy movie, the less you know going in the better. Some real good stuff here, and I like the main character being an old guy instead of some teenybopper girl. His reactions and actions are all logical, which was also a nice change of pace.

However, it stops being frightening around the halfway point and switches more to being a mystery movie. Which was fine, I was very interested in seeing why things were the way they were. I just feel it was a little squandered potential considering how good the horror direction was in the first half. That said, the chills don't go away entirely, but they do take a backseat.

The ending is kinda eh, going a little overboard and coming off as weird for the sake of weird, but everything is wrapped up pretty nicely. All in all, a really good "creepy" movie that doesn't use blood or gore or jump scares, and for that it should be commended.

3 / 5
[close]

30. Drag Me to Hell

This might be Raimi's most accomplished horror film. Everything in this movie shows a mastery of film-making craft: editing, writing, effects, acting, and direction are all top notch stuff. This feels like a Raimi movie.

There are so many parts of this movie that now rank among my favorites in the genre. Things like the Looney-Tunes-esque anvil fall (which squishes her eyes out), the infamous goat scene ("You black-hearted whoo-oore!"), and the car struggle. So much fun.

While Raimi's return to slapstick and gross-out humor is highly, highly welcome, it doesn't come at the expense of the scares. If I can explain in terms of the Evil Dead series, with the first being outright horror, the second having a mix of scares and silliness, and the third going over the edge with comedy, Drag Me To Hell feels most similar to the second one. The scares here are great and keep forcing you to ask "What's going to happen next?"

I've seen people say the movie sucks because of the ending, but I disagree. The ending makes sense with the themes of the movie. I do have a complaint about the ending, though: It's way too obvious. As soon as she drops the envelope in his car I was like, "Welp." I did think that Justin Long was gonna be the one to bite it, but her being the one makes more sense.

The world could use many, many more movies like this one. Get on it, Raimi.

5 / 5
[close]

31. Trick 'r Treat (yearly rewatch)

This was a rewatch so there isn't much for me to say. This is the most perfect "Halloween" film ever made. It sums up everything that one could love about the Holiday and constantly plays with expectations. This is the Cabin in the Woods minus most of the snark and plus a boatload of Halloween mythos.

The format is especially deserving of praise. As I mentioned in my VHS: Viral review, "anthology" stories aren't new for the horror genre. I'm personally not a huge fan myself, but what makes Trick 'r Treat stand out is that the shorts do weave together as the film goes on. The most obvious connecting thread is the pumpkin-headed tyke Sam, but the script goes even further than that by thankfully showing where certain scenes and characters intersect. By the end, you learn it's pretty much all connected in one form or another, and seeing that all play out is an incredibly satisfying experience.

The music is fantastic and really captures the essence of Halloween. I'm sure some disliked the inclusion of Marilyn Manson's "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)", but it totally made that scene for me. Acting is also fantastic, with Dylan Baker and Brian Cox stealing the show. Everything here has such an incredible level of polish. The set design is is just so, so good and combine that with the flawless cinematography and this movie is one hell of a looker. I used a frame of it as my Facebook cover photo, and it was damn hard to choose which part of the movie for it. This movie oozes the Halloween spirit.

To say I'm excited for the sequel is an understatement. Nobody thought there would be a sequel. I remember giddily anticipating this movie hitting theaters in October 2008 before it was unceremoniously pushed back an entire year and released straight to video. Rumor has it this was done because WB got cold feet over the movie's kid-killing, which I suppose is fair enough, but come on. This is such a perfect movie. Hopefully, history doesn't repeat itself for Trick 'r Treat 2.

5 / 5
[close]

Finally done with my month of horror movie watching, which turned out to be almost two months lol. Gotta pace myself better next year.

EDIT- HORROR MOVIE TIER LIST

5 / 5

The Blair Witch Project
Evil Dead II
The Thing (1982)
Shaun of the Dead
Fright Night (2011)
The Silence of the Lambs
Mulholland Drive
Dead Alive
Drag Me to Hell
Trick 'r Treat

4 / 5

[REC]
Jacob's Ladder
The Last House on the Left (2009)
House on Haunted Hill (1959)
Home Movie
Fright Night (1985)
Hannibal

3 / 5

Irréversible
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
The Sacrament
The Ninth Gate
Devil's Advocate
The Changeling

2 / 5

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
Prince of Darkness
Dead Silence
The Arrival
Fire in the Sky

1 / 5

The Last House on the Left (1972)
V/H/S: Viral
Hellraiser
[close]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:31:08 AM by Tasty Meat »

Tasty

« Reply #21433 on: November 23, 2014, 05:04:52 AM »
Fucking A :mynicca

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21434 on: November 23, 2014, 12:27:40 PM »
Hellraiser is better than 1/5 just for how awesome Doug Bradley is in it.
dog

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #21435 on: November 23, 2014, 12:45:59 PM »
Devil's advocate :blessed

Charlize Theron with linguini hair :blessed

Keanu getting completely outclassed by Pacino :blessed

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #21436 on: November 23, 2014, 02:03:07 PM »
Finally saw Interstellar and it was, as expected, really fucking awesome. Loved the subtle swipes at the anti-science/anti-NASA people, the way the 'post apocalyptic' Earth was handled was certainly original, as well as the pretty accurate science on display. The Anne Hathaway "love transcends all dimensions" stuff reminded me of hammy anime/games but that's not altogether a bad thing for me.
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #21437 on: November 23, 2014, 02:33:55 PM »
Mockingjay Part 1: I've not seen any Hunger Games stuff until this, so it's a little weird to me that I figured out everything anyway. I guess that's YA fiction for you, or at least YA fiction as a movie. My mom had seen the first one and wanted to see the new one on opening day, so we went. Jennifer Lawrence really makes the movie; she's impressive, even when her dialog is tripe, she manages to make it sing. Pretty amazing. While it was easily available, we Redbox'd Catching Fire, which I also enjoyed.

For another 50 cents, we got Amazing Spider-Man 2, which was worse than I expected, even after all the warnings I'd read here. I thought I couldn't be worse than Raimi's third Spider-Man movie, but I was so, so wrong. Wow. Everything between Peter and Gwen is good, and all the human interaction between Peter and Harry is moving, but it doesn't make up for the rambling, incoherent, and continuous abuse of the audience's suspension of disbelief during EVERYTHING ELSE. Wow, what a mess. The movie could have done away with Green Goblin entirely. The Electro origin was sad and lame. Richard Parker's sequence was oddly mixed with some kind of fallen James Bond story, with a fight in a private jet, uploading a critical data file to a mysterious location, and even a secret base with an esoteric entry method -- but the file turns out to be a confession video, and the method of entry for the base are subway tokens, which just about anybody might have... it was just silly and incoherent. For as rushed as all the character development was, the actual movie itself seemed to TAKE FOREVER to go anywhere or do anything. The Parker/Gwen stuff as well as the spider vignettes could all be strung together to make a nice 30-40 minute movie. The rest was crap.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21438 on: November 23, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »
the way the 'post apocalyptic' Earth was handled was certainly original

Most are usually some catastrophic event followed by a long period of people trying to pick up the pieces afterward, but having it be a slow death spiral as everything starts to break down somehow makes it much more depressing and even less hopeful than the usual apocalypse.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21439 on: November 23, 2014, 03:27:06 PM »
Š@Š™

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #21440 on: November 23, 2014, 04:26:06 PM »
Yeah I never really understood the Hellraiser love. Only ever saw the first one and I just found it kinda boring. Clive Barker's kinda overrated tbh.
zzzzz

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #21441 on: November 23, 2014, 04:59:24 PM »
what?

that's really surprising. Have you read The Books of Blood?
Tonya

Tasty

« Reply #21442 on: November 23, 2014, 05:45:53 PM »
Hellraiser is better than 1/5 just for how awesome Doug Bradley is in it.

He's barely in it though. And he gets taken out like a bitch at the end.

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #21443 on: November 23, 2014, 06:27:08 PM »
Nolan is a seriously driven guy, and an awesome taste sense. But is an objectively mediocre director.
I watched The Rover, and it's incredibly Australian, there are weird almost invisible tropes in almost all oz films. The dreaming and etc is maybe like Leylines and magnets?

Bruce Chatwin wrote an excellent book about the dreaming and aus. It's not wholly positive, but it's really weird a country that was mentally traumatised with a huge influx of basic white human shits coming out of nowhere, and fucking up the natural balance of things, make films that are of a specific type. And most of them really are.
:{]

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #21444 on: November 23, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »
The Purge Anarchy is surprisingly not that bad. I mean, it's kinda dumb, but we don't get a lot of decent high concept action movies these days so I'll take it. Choreography was good, pacing was pretty decent, it was well shot. I don't know. I had low expectations and found myself impressed.
zzzzz

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #21445 on: November 23, 2014, 09:34:38 PM »
I've got a couple.

Rosewater was a great watch. There are a few movies I wanted to catch in theatres this year but couldn't due to a lack of transportation; Birdman, Guardians of the Galaxy, Boyhood, none were as important to see in my mind as this one. I've been a rabid Daily Show fan for the past five years and when I heard Jon Stewart was going to helm a film I knew I had to be there. I wasn't let down. This movie is powerful. Rather than get lost in overplayed drama like many political films based on true stories (I'm looking at you, Syriana and Zero Dark Thirty) this movie focuses squarely on the human element in its main character, Maziar al Bahari, played to perfection by Gael Garcia Bernal. His struggle in the hands of the Iranian government is plapable through his confusion and misery brought on by his motherland's senseless fear and abuse. His performance drags you into the containment cell alongside him, feeling every agonizing moment until his glorious release. How this happens is cleverly kept from the audience until the conclusion, which could have only been to aid the audience's sense of isolation shared with the protagonist. Seldom punctuated by scenes of tasteful humor, much of the runtime is dedicated to putting the viewer squarely in Bahari's shoes and keeping them oppressed. For his first film, Stewart has knocked it out of the park.

I was initially reluctant to watch Frozen based on my historical dislike of Disney's musicals, and generally being turned off by its tremendous popularity. However, after hearing a co-worker leave the film's signature ballad "Let It Go" on repeat while my crew did paperwork, I found myself unable to flee my own curiosity towards it. I'm glad I gave it a chance, because I love this movie. I probably can't say much here that hasn't already been said dozens of times, but Frozen is a functionally watertight production. It accomplishes everything it sets out to do and looks positively gorgeous doing it, while slyly subverting some of the classic Disney tropes in what must've been a gimme to the people who have grown up watching these films end with the same "true love's kiss". The music is stunning, unlike The Princess and the Frog I found myself enjoying every number and grinning uncontrollably at the hideously cute characters and coreography. This year has been rough for me and I can already feel the Seasonal Affective Disorder creeping in, but Frozen's naďve charm has warmed my heart for at least a little while.
SRY

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #21446 on: November 23, 2014, 09:40:07 PM »
Yeah, I had forgotten that Disney was capable of making animated films that summed up to more than their insanely high production value.
SRY

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: The Movie News Topic
« Reply #21447 on: November 23, 2014, 09:40:51 PM »
don't they know the movie will be trash regardless?  :lol

The scrip was horrible the last time I saw an update on it. lol @ GAFers trying to make this a thing.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #21448 on: November 23, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »
Hunchback :noah

I'm not a big stickler for the Disney Renaissance rhetoric, since Mermaid I've fucked with:

Hunchback
Mulan
Hercules
Wreck-It Ralph

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #21449 on: November 23, 2014, 09:52:08 PM »
Don't think so. I haven't been exposed to much of his work outside of a few things that didn't impress me.

check out the first volume of Books of Blood.  All short stories, all very good and fast reads.
Tonya

Tasty

« Reply #21450 on: November 23, 2014, 10:02:56 PM »
Frozen is a solid movie. Probably better than anything Disney did post Lion King, with the exception of Hunchback.

It's not as good as Hercules or Lilo & Stitch.

It's a really good movie though. Enjoyed my time with it last year. For me personally, Big Hero 6 overtakes it but that's sort of because I'm a comic nerd and I liked how much darker it went.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #21451 on: November 23, 2014, 10:11:26 PM »
Not Aladdin or The Lion King?

fave Disney movies are 101 Dalmatians and The Sword in the Stone

a lot of people don't fuck with the xerography aesthetic because it comes off as too impersonal/not as intimate as the og hand drawn stuff of the 40's/50's, but I thought it added so much character to those films

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21452 on: November 23, 2014, 10:22:44 PM »
Yeah I never really understood the Hellraiser love. Only ever saw the first one and I just found it kinda boring. Clive Barker's kinda overrated tbh.

Hellraiser is fucking fantastic.
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21453 on: November 23, 2014, 10:25:05 PM »
Maybe if Richard Attenborough was still around to be in this, but he dead.
dog

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #21454 on: November 23, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
James Woods' VA was p. dope :yeshrug

plus I Won't Say I'm in Love :noah

Tasty

« Reply #21455 on: November 23, 2014, 11:20:37 PM »
Lilo & Stitch is average to me. Never got the hype and love for it.

It's just a nice little family tale with some funny moments and (succeeded) attempts at drama. Great soundtrack too, even excluding the Elvis stuff.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #21456 on: November 24, 2014, 12:01:14 AM »
Enemy

That was fucking great! What a bizarre movie. As a Torontonian, I really enjoyed seeing my hideous city being used to create a grimy, sickly atmosphere that runs through every scene of the movie. Lots of shitty condos, construction everywhere, filthy streetcars. It nailed every little bit of it.
zzzzz

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21457 on: November 24, 2014, 12:44:47 AM »
Revenge of the Green Dragons;  OK not great

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #21458 on: November 24, 2014, 08:16:37 AM »
I am and will always be hyped for a new Jurassic Park.  I'm a JP addict trying to reach that first high again :'(

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #21459 on: November 24, 2014, 11:14:30 AM »

The scrip was horrible the last time I saw an update on it. lol @ GAFers trying to make this a thing.

I'm still sad the John Sayles script never got made. SWAT Raptors sounds like a kick ass movie to me.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #21460 on: November 24, 2014, 12:33:42 PM »
Do the dinosaurs chase and eat people? I mean, that's really all I expect out of it. I even liked JP3 because, well, dinosaurs chased and ate people.
sup

Quaker

« Reply #21461 on: November 24, 2014, 12:51:28 PM »
Hard to get hyped up after JP3 and them choosing a random indie dude to head the movie. Anything could happen, I guess. That Planet of the Apes reboot did end up coming out of nowhere.

I'm still sad the John Sayles script never got made. SWAT Raptors sounds like a kick ass movie to me.
What in the FUCK was John "Arthouse" Sayles doing wasting his time on SWAT Raptors? This dude makes little indie movies about coal miners/Texas sheriffs/the Phlippine-American war.

Like Martin Scorsese and James Cameron, among others, Sayles began his film career working with Roger Corman.
Sayles has funded most of his films by writing genre scripts, such as Piranha, Alligator, The Howling and The Challenge.
Sayles gets the rest of his funding by working as a script doctor; he did rewrites for Apollo 13, and Mimic.

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #21462 on: November 24, 2014, 01:02:41 PM »
I always wanted a JP revival or game to be straight grim dark first person survival.

No I didn't  really care for Dino crisis.

:ufup
YMMV

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #21463 on: November 24, 2014, 01:10:20 PM »
YMMV

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21464 on: November 24, 2014, 01:30:13 PM »
We're never gonna get four Stand movies and honestly I don't really want 4 god damn Stand movies.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #21465 on: November 24, 2014, 06:10:14 PM »
Unstoppable:  why couldn't they just drive a guy to jump on in the first place?  0/10

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #21466 on: November 25, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
See, all I wanted was people getting stomped and eaten by dinosaurs, and in this one there's more dinosaurs and more people to get stomped and eaten by them. It's already HELL YEAH/10 just based on the trailer, can only go up from there.
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21467 on: November 25, 2014, 05:07:03 PM »
Looks about as bad as I expected.
dog

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #21468 on: November 25, 2014, 05:43:34 PM »
Nah that looks great.

Himu

« Reply #21469 on: November 25, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »
it looks okay
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #21470 on: November 25, 2014, 07:38:59 PM »
that last scene is pretty lame.  rest looks fine.  it made me want to watch jurassic park again more than anything about this new one.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21471 on: November 25, 2014, 07:56:12 PM »
All those kids on the island...and not a single one will get eaten by a dinosaur, just watch. I can't fuck with that.
:what

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21472 on: November 25, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »
All those kids on the island...and not a single one will get eaten by a dinosaur, just watch. I can't fuck with that.
:what

I agree.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #21473 on: November 25, 2014, 08:04:43 PM »
They'll stomp and eat plenty of lawyers, god-playing scientists, and snotty rich people, tho
sup

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21474 on: November 25, 2014, 08:09:41 PM »
They'll stomp and eat plenty of lawyers, god-playing scientists, and snotty rich people, tho

Not the same.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #21475 on: November 25, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »
Do the dinosaurs chase and eat people? I mean, that's really all I expect out of it. I even liked JP3 because, well, dinosaurs chased and ate people.
I thought I was the only other person who liked Jurassic Park 3. I even liked the appearance of Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street in it. I thought it was smarter than most people give it credit for, and a fun ride to boot!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #21476 on: November 25, 2014, 08:25:49 PM »
Honestly, the only JP movie I remember almost nothing about is the second one.

Himu

« Reply #21477 on: November 25, 2014, 08:27:13 PM »
i like that they're giving another jp movie starring a bunch of snot nosed kids again
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #21478 on: November 25, 2014, 08:29:44 PM »

how can you forget this

:beli

Tasty

« Reply #21479 on: November 25, 2014, 09:45:28 PM »

I remember them being in the trailer hanging off the cliff. That's about it.

JP3 is underrated IMO. It's not great or anything, but not terrible.