Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1830788 times)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: so, Obama is president
« Reply #600 on: January 31, 2009, 07:48:34 AM »
It will be a long time before a President legalizes weed.  Like now, any legalizing will be done at the city or state level.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #601 on: January 31, 2009, 08:18:48 AM »
There is much bigger fish to fry than legalizing weed.  Besides, it is easy to get a steady connection and given how it is the most profitable cash crop in the US, the government isn't doing a great job at stopping a lot of it.  So smoke a bowl and relax.

Obama considering deal that would turn down 60 seat possibility?

The Dems will get it in 2010.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 08:23:18 AM by T EXP »
🍆🍆

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #602 on: January 31, 2009, 08:51:54 AM »
Joe Biden used to be big on war on drugs shit, right?  We aren't getting legal weed anytime soon.
Obama won't legalize it regardless of Biden.

I don't get why people think just because Obama used weed for years and years and did coke back in high school/college that he'll unban that stuff. He is still a politician and doing something like that is political suicide.

Obama is a pretty clean guy now anyway.  Stopped doing drugs when he was in his late 20's. He quit smoking. And he says he has quit drinking alcohol as well.

huckleberry

« Reply #603 on: January 31, 2009, 09:32:49 AM »
Joe Biden used to be big on war on drugs shit, right?  We aren't getting legal weed anytime soon.
Obama won't legalize it regardless of Biden.

I don't get why people think just because Obama used weed for years and years and did coke back in high school/college that he'll unban that stuff. He is still a politician and doing something like that is political suicide.

Obama is a pretty clean guy now anyway.  Stopped doing drugs when he was in his late 20's. He quit smoking. And he says he has quit drinking alcohol as well.

He quit smoking?  He will start up again with all the stress on him......once a smoker always a smoker.
wub

siamesedreamer

« Reply #604 on: January 31, 2009, 10:21:18 AM »
It may boost it on the margins if it actually filters down to the local level. The cost/benefit ratio isn't worth all the billions at the federal level though. Too many hands it has to pass through before it gets to So-And-So Middle School, etc. Giving it directly to the states would probably be better.

Even Obama knows this plan is shit. He has now backed away from the 4 million jobs created number to 3 million and "by the end of 2010" has now turned into "over the next few years". 

I guess this is what Woodward was referring to a few days back:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/01/bumps-in-the-ro.html

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #605 on: January 31, 2009, 11:14:43 AM »
Could you actually answer the questions I asked?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #606 on: January 31, 2009, 11:39:14 AM »
bobobobobo when jimmy carter taxed the rich we went into a recession! yet when we taxed the rich under eisenhower the economy improved! who to believe!

correlation != causation, simps
duc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #607 on: January 31, 2009, 12:36:12 PM »
Obama did coke and weed?  really?

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #608 on: January 31, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »
I just don't want to be looked down upon and want to buy marijuana from a store. Plus drug testing for marijuana is ridiculous. That should not exist. Anything harder I agree but not Marijuana.
USA

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #609 on: January 31, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »
I just don't want to be looked down upon and want to buy marijuana from a store. Plus drug testing for marijuana is ridiculous. That should not exist. Anything harder I agree but not Marijuana.

Why not?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #610 on: January 31, 2009, 02:57:46 PM »
During the Golden Age of Capitalism, the highest tax bracket was 70%
🍆🍆

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #611 on: January 31, 2009, 03:04:06 PM »
why does the whitehouse website feature a photo of Obama watching himself on TV?
QED

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #612 on: January 31, 2009, 03:05:33 PM »

Why not?

I mean on the job testing is fine, but firing someone because they use marihuana in their own time shouldn't be allowed.
USA

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #613 on: January 31, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
Not saying this as my opinion but just to get discussion rolling, what if someone were to light up right before going to work, with a particularly strong type of pot?  I mean, wouldn't that affect that person's work efficiency?

Just a theoretical.
püp

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #614 on: January 31, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »
Highly skilled jobs where machinery is involved yes, but any other place it'd be no different than getting relief form a cigarette. They might actually do better work.
USA

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #615 on: January 31, 2009, 03:34:25 PM »
why does the whitehouse website feature a photo of Obama watching himself on TV?

It's symbolic for his high *continentia

*editors note:  continentia means self control

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #616 on: January 31, 2009, 03:36:01 PM »
Not saying this as my opinion but just to get discussion rolling, what if someone were to light up right before going to work, with a particularly strong type of pot?  I mean, wouldn't that affect that person's work efficiency?

Just a theoretical.

Would you drink a shot vodka right before going to work? This is common sense. Use it.

I wouldn't, no, but uh, there are actually dumb people in this country.  Who do pretty much exactly what you said.

I'm not against this in anyway, I was just bringing up the other side.
püp

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #617 on: January 31, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »

Just a theoretical.

Years ago, I had 3 friends who were all line cooks at a Ruby Tuesday. They would all light up before work and pretty much everyone they worked with all did too. Even the GM of the place joined in.

I've smoked with teachers, local business owners, and cops who were off duty.
©ZH

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #618 on: January 31, 2009, 03:44:08 PM »
He kind of went too far with the Reducing Americans Vulnerability to Ecstasy (RAVE) act but in general, he mainly seems to be opposed to pills, steroids, and date-rape drugs.  I honestly can't see him crusading against weed.

RAVE act was pretty distinguished mentally-challenged though. Forced a lot of great clubs to shut down :(
^_^

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #619 on: January 31, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »
Highly skilled jobs where machinery is involved yes, but any other place it'd be no different than getting relief form a cigarette. They might actually do better work.

Peoples brain chemistry are not the same. Some people get panic attacks when they smoke weed, some people get drowsy, some get addicted. Some people are too stupid to realize when the drug is having a negative effect on their lives.

I'm for it for legit medicinal reasons. It should be a state issue, not a federal one.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #620 on: January 31, 2009, 04:15:23 PM »
Not addictive.
USA

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #621 on: January 31, 2009, 05:08:29 PM »

Peoples brain chemistry are not the same. Some people get panic attacks when they smoke weed, some people get drowsy, some get addicted. Some people are too stupid to realize when the drug is having a negative effect on their lives.

I'm for it for legit medicinal reasons. It should be a state issue, not a federal one.

This is my thinking of it as well.
püp

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #622 on: January 31, 2009, 05:11:07 PM »

This is different than alcohol how, exactly?  Also, weed doesn't even kill brain cells like alcohol does.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 05:12:48 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #623 on: January 31, 2009, 05:13:46 PM »
It's not, but again, whoever drinks and then goes to work is surely gonna get in trouble.

Meh, I don't care about it in the slightest.  It's such a pointless issue.
püp

TVC15

« Reply #624 on: January 31, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »
I don't think it is.  I'd like to regularly use marijuana.  It turns down the constant anxiety I feel.
serge

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #625 on: January 31, 2009, 05:19:06 PM »
Well I'm behind you on that.  Like I said, I don't care either way, just as long as people don't hurt others.
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #626 on: January 31, 2009, 05:19:28 PM »
our avatars are having a staring contest
püp

Oblivion

« Reply #627 on: January 31, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »
I don't do drugs, but I'd have no problem with having all forms legalized.

I mean, hell alcohol and cigarettes kill more people per year than the other harmful drugs combined, yet they're still legal...

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #628 on: January 31, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »
All forms?
püp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #629 on: January 31, 2009, 06:00:22 PM »
All forms?

yes.  But if you mean directly then no. 

anyways the argument is weak because they don't kill more people because they are more harmful, they kill more people because they are legal so more people do them. 

TVC15

« Reply #630 on: January 31, 2009, 06:03:01 PM »
All forms?

yes.  But if you mean directly then no. 

anyways the argument is weak because they don't kill more people because they are more harmful, they kill more people because they are legal so more people do them. 

At least in the case of marijuana, this argument doesn't quite hold up since marijuana is less physically damaging than alcohol (and cigarettes, but that's a wishy washier area).
serge

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #631 on: January 31, 2009, 06:03:45 PM »
No substance should be illegal unless you think that governments role is to take care of you. Afterall the only people dumb enough to use hard drugs deserve whatever comes their way.

Oblivion

« Reply #632 on: January 31, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »

TVC15

« Reply #633 on: January 31, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »
No substance should be illegal unless you think that governments role is to take care of you. Afterall the only people dumb enough to use hard drugs deserve whatever comes their way.

Not quite.  There are some things that need to be restricted.  The most commonly cited thing being antibiotics.
serge

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #634 on: January 31, 2009, 06:05:23 PM »
I don't know, just seems odd to have shit like meth or acid legal.  Marijuana's one thing (that I'm completely okay with), but meth?
püp

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #635 on: January 31, 2009, 06:06:11 PM »
I don't know, just seems odd to have shit like meth or acid legal.  Marijuana's one thing (that I'm completely okay with), but meth?

If meth and acid were legel would you do them?

Enl

« Reply #636 on: January 31, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »
Since we're on the subject and it's on today's news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7862691.stm
Obama half-brother on drug charge    

George Obama is the President's younger half-brother
The Kenyan half-brother of President Barack Obama has been arrested for alleged marijuana possession.

George Obama was arrested in Nairobi with one joint of marijuana, police chief Joshua Omokulongolo said.

"He is not a drug peddler. But it is illegal, it is a banned substance," he said. Mr Obama has denied the allegations.

The US president and George Obama share the same father, but are thought to have only met each other briefly.

George Obama, who is in his 20s, is due in court on Monday.

"They took me from my home," George Obama told reporters in Nairobi from his jail cell. " I don't know why they are charging me."

mmm

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #637 on: January 31, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »
I've seen quite a few towns devastated by meth.  I'm not in favor of legalizing it at all.
🍆🍆

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #638 on: January 31, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »

If meth and acid were legel would you do them?

No.  I don't really do anything, though, so wrong person to ask.
püp

Oblivion

« Reply #639 on: January 31, 2009, 06:15:06 PM »
Well, I mean I wouldn't want people to use them. But if it's properly regulated, with the warnings and side effects and shit known, then let people do what they want. I mean, you could die by drinking too much alcohol, afterall.

TVC15

« Reply #640 on: January 31, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »
BrandNew, you haven't lived until you've done acid or shrooms.  You simply have to try at least one of them.
serge

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #641 on: January 31, 2009, 06:20:28 PM »
I think the effects of alcohol are pretty different from the effects of meth.  You ever compare the addicts of both drugs?  Who would you rather have walking around?

Meh, I don't know.  I just don't like the idea of there being a legal way of becoming a meth head.

edit: Heh, I've been offered but I just don't really care to.
püp

TVC15

« Reply #642 on: January 31, 2009, 06:24:09 PM »
I think the effects of alcohol are pretty different from the effects of meth.  You ever compare the addicts of both drugs?  Who would you rather have walking around?

Meh, I don't know.  I just don't like the idea of there being a legal way of becoming a meth head.

edit: Heh, I've been offered but I just don't really care to.

There are meth heads walking around.  They are prescribed to desoxyn and other similar drugs.  If meth were legalized, ideally it would begin to be produced by reputable companies that could ensure purity.
serge

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #643 on: January 31, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
Eh, I'm no drug expert, I just don't care to take part.
püp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #644 on: January 31, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »
New I thought you want to become a musician or atleast work with them?  com'on all the cool kids are doing it.     

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #645 on: January 31, 2009, 06:47:05 PM »
That's a really childish way of looking at it.  A drug addict doesn't just hurt themselves.  Especially if they turn to crime to pay for their drugs.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #646 on: January 31, 2009, 07:17:02 PM »
New I thought you want to become a musician or atleast work with them?  com'on all the cool kids are doing it.     

I don't see how that should matter.  I love the music; making it, listening to it, etc.  Just because all of them do it doesn't become a detriment to my enjoyment.
püp

TVC15

« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »
But with the magic of drugs, music sounds even better.  That's no exaggeration.
serge

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #648 on: January 31, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »
That it is not. Music is ten times better on drugs.

Especially harmless marihuana. It literally sounds like the music is three-dimensional. It's so fucking trippy.

I listened to Casey Jones once and I swore Jerry Garcia was playing in my ear.
USA

drew

• sy
« Reply #649 on: January 31, 2009, 07:25:08 PM »
there is no such thing as "harmless marijuana"

horrible horrible shit

TVC15

« Reply #650 on: January 31, 2009, 07:27:34 PM »
That it is not. Music is ten times better on drugs.

Especially harmless marihuana. It literally sounds like the music is three-dimensional. It's so fucking trippy.

I listened to Casey Jones once and I swore Jerry Garcia was playing in my ear.

It's so awesome when you trance out on shit.  Naturally, this works best with heavily texturized psychedelic music.  Probably best with Can, who combine that texturization with hypnotic, repeating, and evolving riffs.
serge

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #651 on: January 31, 2009, 07:29:43 PM »
Can we stop talking about sin plz

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #652 on: January 31, 2009, 07:29:54 PM »
there is no such thing as "harmless marijuana"

horrible horrible shit

Please tell me how marihuana is horrible?

Besides the price inflation, that is.
USA

drew

• sy
« Reply #653 on: January 31, 2009, 07:30:38 PM »
do cool drugs like booze, narcotics, coke, xanax, amphetamines and cigarettes

stay away from all that hippy dippy shit

drew

• sy
« Reply #654 on: January 31, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »
uh, it just fucking is.  you probably havent done enough to get to that point yet.  it makes you super self aware and anxious

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #655 on: January 31, 2009, 07:31:53 PM »
Anything harder than marihuana sucks.
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #656 on: January 31, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »
uh, it just fucking is.  you probably havent done enough to get to that point yet.  it makes you super self aware and anxious

You distinguished mentally-challenged fellow i've done it for longer than you've been alive.
USA

drew

• sy
« Reply #657 on: January 31, 2009, 07:33:07 PM »
iv smoked more in a 3 year period than you will in your life

staring at the hairs on your nose is not my idea of a fun time

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #658 on: January 31, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »
Atleast we know why you suck cocks now.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #659 on: January 31, 2009, 07:36:11 PM »
Also Obamas ooga boogie getting caught for it means we'll likely see it decriminilized atleast.
USA