Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3605393 times)

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #30180 on: October 26, 2017, 04:39:09 PM »
why
reckt

Bebpo

« Reply #30181 on: October 26, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »
People said the same thing about I&II and I was like "yeah, this makes sense."

Maybe it's just me, but I long ago abandoned the OCD completionist mentality I see with lots of RPG fans.

Look, it'd be almost impossible to make a game that absolutely literally requires you to have played previous games. Even if someone said "hey go to X place from previous game to advance the story" there'd always be a marker on the map with a big "!" showing where to go next.

You will absolutely be able to play Sen's story from beginning to end without knowing anything about the previous games. That being said you'll miss half the stuff going on that will all fly over your head, so I wouldn't suggest it.

Also Zero/Ao are the best and most exciting games in the series, so you should play them anyways. Ao is batshit crazy in the last half (too much imo, kinda shark jumping and Sen 3/4 gonna do it too probably).

« Reply #30182 on: October 26, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »
BOF2 SNES version? Turrrrrible game with godawful translation. With BOF1 Square handled the translation for Capcom so it was meh ok. Capcom took the translation in house on BOF2 and it is just terrible. Like early NES era terrible.

Honestly? Skip straight to BOF3. Much better game.

Bebpo

« Reply #30183 on: October 26, 2017, 04:49:31 PM »
Anyhow, I'm replaying FFT for the first time in ~20 years? (whenever the PS1 version came out) Because certain people convinced me the iphone version is great (it's alright but fuck the touch controls) and it's time I replayed it.

So I'm like the end of chapter 1ish now, and it's good and all but I'm pretty surprised at how much less this holds up than Tactics Ogre. I remember when I played Matsuno's PSP remake of TO it was fucking glorious and I had nothing bad to say about it, just the perfect medieval game of thrones tactics rpg with ninjas. But so far FFT's been kind a mixed bag on replay (I loved in back in the day), not really big on the job system, the way equipment is handled with each city having different goods so to deck out your team with the latest gear (or if you change jobs) you need to go back and forth across all the cities, the random battles are kinda tedious when you're not abusing them to grind, the AI characters are moronic (Sup 'Agreth), the actual movement and combat is kinda slow and cumbersome.

On the plus, the writing/art/music are good and the game is that addictive Matsuno tactics gameplay. But yeah, feels kinda mixed bag, like it but not loving it early on in the replay whereas TO was pretty much perfect on replay.

« Reply #30184 on: October 26, 2017, 04:51:16 PM »
Anyhow, I'm replaying FFT for the first time in ~20 years? (whenever the PS1 version came out) Because certain people convinced me the iphone version is great (it's alright but fuck the touch controls) and it's time I replayed it.

So I'm like the end of chapter 1ish now, and it's good and all but I'm pretty surprised at how much less this holds up than Tactics Ogre. I remember when I played Matsuno's PSP remake of TO it was fucking glorious and I had nothing bad to say about it, just the perfect medieval game of thrones tactics rpg with ninjas. But so far FFT's been kind a mixed bag on replay (I loved in back in the day), not really big on the job system, the way equipment is handled with each city having different goods so to deck out your team with the latest gear (or if you change jobs) you need to go back and forth across all the cities, the random battles are kinda tedious when you're not abusing them to grind, the AI characters are moronic (Sup 'Agreth), the actual movement and combat is kinda slow and cumbersome.

On the plus, the writing/art/music are good and the game is that addictive Matsuno tactics gameplay. But yeah, feels kinda mixed bag, like it but not loving it early on in the replay whereas TO was pretty much perfect on replay.

You're on the iOS version? Thinking back on the hours wasted on the PS1 loading up random battles  :donot

Vit-Symty

« Reply #30185 on: October 26, 2017, 05:03:37 PM »
Don't skip Breath of Fire II, there's retranslation patch for it: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1384/

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30186 on: October 26, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »
ps1 version is outdated trash nowadays bc the translation is so bad. rereleases have that Alexander o Smith goodness.

breath of fire 2 has a fan translation patch. haven't tried it but it's gotta be better than what I've heard the original was.
pcp

« Reply #30187 on: October 26, 2017, 05:15:12 PM »
It's good to see there's a better translation out there. Playing the SNES cart as a kid...yeesh.

I wasn't a big fan of the game even putting the translation aside. The endgame was very grindy in a way that contemporary big name RPGs had moved past.

Bebpo

« Reply #30188 on: October 26, 2017, 05:20:43 PM »
ps1 version is outdated trash nowadays bc the translation is so bad. rereleases have that Alexander o Smith goodness.

Is FFT PSP (which is what the iphone version is a port of) a AoS translation? Sure doesn't feel like it so far. I mean it's ok, but it doesn't have that AoS flair which I liked in TO remake.

*edit* after some searching, yeah AoS did not work on FFT's new translation for the PSP/Ios. It's done by Tom Slattery and Joe Reeder.
http://www.rpgamer.com/features/insidegaming/tslatteryint.html

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30189 on: October 26, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »
whaaaat wow well shows how literate i am :( still better than the poo ps1 translation at least
pcp

« Reply #30190 on: October 26, 2017, 05:45:29 PM »
I started playing Splatoon 2. Never played the first one. Playing through the single player missions. It's kinda meh. Just the kind of FPS I imagined Nintendo would design: as non-violent as possible. Does anyone still play it here?

« Reply #30191 on: October 26, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
The best part of Root Letter
spoiler (click to show/hide)
was the Cursed Letter ending where everyone died. It was the only ending that was even remotely satisfying.
[close]

[close]

Had me reeling for a couple of minutes, not gonna lie.  :whew
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:09:12 PM by The Legend of Sunblade »

Bebpo

« Reply #30192 on: October 26, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »
whaaaat wow well shows how literate i am :( still better than the poo ps1 translation at least

Yeah, it's fine as opposed to lol like the original.

also I'm an OCD nerd about staff credits, this is why I remembered this :P

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30193 on: October 26, 2017, 06:53:37 PM »
The best part of Root Letter
was the Cursed Letter ending where everyone died. It was the only ending that was even remotely satisfying.
[close]

[close]

Had me reeling for a couple of minutes, not gonna lie.  :whew

Haha, that's exactly the part I was thinking of. :lol
©@©™

Vit-Symty

« Reply #30194 on: October 26, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »
It's good to see there's a better translation out there. Playing the SNES cart as a kid...yeesh.

I wasn't a big fan of the game even putting the translation aside. The endgame was very grindy in a way that contemporary big name RPGs had moved past.

I played the GBA port, which is far worse. Poor sound quality and washed-out colours among other issues. It's the only BoF game I've dropped (endgame reasons).

- - - - -

Not playing anything but I might try Tengai Makyou Zero with the translation patch whenever ResetEra opens up registration completely. Maybe being there will motivate help me to start playing again (or not). Most of the games in my collection haven't been touched in years, haha.

Or I could go back to FFXIV.  :goty2

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30195 on: October 26, 2017, 07:49:35 PM »

I played the GBA port, which is far worse. Poor sound quality and washed-out colours among other issues. It's the only BoF game I've dropped (endgame reasons).

- - - - -

Not playing anything but I might try Tengai Makyou Zero with the translation patch whenever ResetEra opens up registration completely. Maybe being there will motivate help me to start playing again (or not). Most of the games in my collection haven't been touched in years, haha.

Or I could go back to FFXIV.  :goty2

Ooh, another Tengai Makyou fan? Nice! I've heard of issues with the different emulators and running TM0, I'll see about perhaps picking up a repro when they become available. Really itching to play one of these games in English, the only game we ever got on our shores was the fighting game spinoff (called Kabuki Klash :P)
^_^

Corporal

« Reply #30196 on: October 26, 2017, 08:28:35 PM »
I started playing Splatoon 2. Never played the first one. Playing through the single player missions. It's kinda meh. Just the kind of FPS I imagined Nintendo would design: as non-violent as possible. Does anyone still play it here?
I bought a copy around a week ago.
Played through world one. Kinda enjoyed it. It's OK.

Golf Story, Mario&Rabbids, Ever Oasis and a whole host of other games have thoroughly eaten up all of my available gaming time, though.

The strong focus on the online mode in Splatoon 2 (can't even buy freaking clothes without online-only level ups) kinda make me shrug and shelve the game. Sure, single player is fun, gameplay is neat, I enjoy the style (except that white announcer squid, ewwwwww). It's just ... I cannot be arsed to play this online without my sole Switch-owning gaming buddy at my side. And the single player isn't THAT mindblowing. Plus, I'd need to practice/tweak waggle aiming some more, which is a chore.

Bought it for local and WAN coop, but somehow haven't gotten around to it. Too many Mario Kart races and snipperclips and whatever - as well as far too little Couch CoOp time. Which leads to an aversion to new games and taking risks. I think I'll get around to it in a few months or so. Not even kidding. :-\

!list

Vit-Symty

« Reply #30197 on: October 26, 2017, 08:57:22 PM »
Ooh, another Tengai Makyou fan? Nice! I've heard of issues with the different emulators and running TM0, I'll see about perhaps picking up a repro when they become available. Really itching to play one of these games in English, the only game we ever got on our shores was the fighting game spinoff (called Kabuki Klash :P)

I wouldn't call myself a fan but I am interested in the series, haha. Funnily enough, The 4th Apocalyse (PSP ver.) was the last game I completed before I decided to stop collecting games altogether. I really hope it gets translated sooner rather than later, it's really good!

My last post on Backloggery 7 years ago: http://i.imgur.com/Xh5Xx.jpg  :lol

By the way, which emulator(s) do you use to play SFC games? I really have no idea what's good. higan? I know Mednafen supports 16bit games but I only use it to play my PS/Saturn games (my main interest) because I'm too lazy to pull them out of storage.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30198 on: October 26, 2017, 09:00:03 PM »
I would use higan/bsnes since byuu just pushed an update to fix that game
fat

Vit-Symty

« Reply #30199 on: October 26, 2017, 09:04:17 PM »
Oh, it turns out I have bsnes but I haven't touched it in years. I should update it then. Thank you, demi.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #30200 on: October 26, 2017, 09:12:18 PM »
Currently playing:

- Gravity Rush Remaster (PS4)
- Bad Apple Wars (Vita)
- Dungeon Travelers 2 (Vita)
- Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4)
- Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4GO (PS4)

On Hold:

- World of Final Fantasy [PS4] (Had to give priority to Gravity Rush and it's sequel before servers shut down)
- FFXV [PS4] (Waiting for Ignis DLC, this is actually my second stack from JP-PSN, just going for another platinum trophy)

Recently Completed:

- Life Is Strange: BtS Episode 2 [PS4] (It was freakin' great!)
- Senran Kagura PBS [PS4] (The best Senran Kagura has ever been, mechanics wise.)

We got a weeb here! Get him.

I just started gravity rush HD. Platniumed on the vita, just wanted to refresh the game before hopping into 2
dur

SpeedStats

« Reply #30201 on: October 26, 2017, 11:43:21 PM »
Not playing anything but I might try Tengai Makyou Zero with the translation patch whenever ResetEra opens up registration completely.

I thought it was a satisfying game back when I played it originally. One person I know said she's loving the translation and submitted a few bug reports but so far so good. I might jump on it next week since I'm off for a bit. I haven't played an RPG like in a while so it should be good times.

Para-Medic

« Reply #30202 on: October 27, 2017, 03:12:22 AM »
Currently playing:

- Bad Apple Wars (Vita)

On Hold:

- World of Final Fantasy [PS4] (Had to give priority to Gravity Rush and it's sequel before servers shut down)
- FFXV [PS4] (Waiting for Ignis DLC, this is actually my second stack from JP-PSN, just going for another platinum trophy)

Recently Completed:

- Senran Kagura PBS [PS4] (The best Senran Kagura has ever been, mechanics wise.)

I just started gravity rush HD. Platniumed on the vita, just wanted to refresh the game before hopping into 2

I had been sitting on the Gravity Rush series for a while now. I bought the original with my launch Vita but didn't like it too much honestly.

I figured I'd give the remaster a try though because being able to play with a DS4 just sounded so much better. Than they announced GR2 was PS4 exclusive anyway and that just made me even more committed.

Both GR Remastered and the sequel got bumped to the top of my backlog pile because Sony announced they are going to close down GR2's servers by January. :( There's nothing really too important about GR2's online from what I've read but I'd like to at least unlock some of the extras and whatnot.

But dang, I am so tempted to start AC: Origins tomorrow. >_<

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30203 on: October 27, 2017, 09:36:13 AM »
That reminds me, someone needs to make a thread on Resetera. But I'm such a lazy cunt...

Nevermind, someone already did. :rejoice
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 01:33:49 PM by Rufus »

« Reply #30204 on: October 27, 2017, 11:17:27 AM »
Currently playing:

- Bad Apple Wars (Vita)

On Hold:

Recently Completed:

I played through the HD remaster of Gravity Rush right before GR2 came out and as much as I loved it, I was kinda burned out on the series by the time I started 2. I should go back and play it again.

Sticking with Valkyria Revolution for some reason. Switched over to English audio so I can half listen to the long ass cutscenes while I do other stuff.
野球

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30205 on: October 27, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »
I started playing Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and it's so nice to be back in this world. I'm going to take my sweet ass time lurking and searching through every nook and cranny of the maps. It's a shame that this is most likely the last Dishonored game we'll see.

I have to say that I like this new old approach of releasing meaty expansions. This practice was already kind of lost before the dawn of DLCs and I never really understood why. Seems like a no-brainer for me to be re-using already existing assets and creating new missions out of them. The world of Dishonored is large enough to allow new stories and scenarios. But I'm not in game development so what do I know...

This also makes me exited for Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds :hyper

« Reply #30206 on: October 27, 2017, 12:59:55 PM »
Sad answer is that, for a lot of publishers / studios, it's much more cost effective to disband/reassign the team that worked on the game after it goes gold than keeping them around in case the game does well enough to warrant additional content. At most they leave a skeleton crew behind to work on patches and bug fixes that might be needed.

Both Dishonored and Horizon likely had those paid expansions lined up as part of the original planning phase, to be worked on immediately whether or not the games hit it big (maybe even during development of the game itself).

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30207 on: October 27, 2017, 02:12:59 PM »

#resist
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30208 on: October 27, 2017, 02:19:02 PM »
this weekend I have my wife's conservative aunt and uncle staying at my house and wanting to take us out. please remember those of us suffering and left behind while you drown in orgasmic gaming goodness.
pcp

« Reply #30209 on: October 27, 2017, 02:20:24 PM »
Those amiibos remind me the ones I tried to track down for the twilight princess wii u remake. I just wanted the stuff you get in game from them. Damn some of those amiibo are expensive on the aftermarket! Turns out it's cheaper to use an android tablet with nfc and some rfid tags. TAA-DAA

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30210 on: October 27, 2017, 07:02:35 PM »
Been playing the new Life Is Strange. I like it more than I did the first one, which I really liked. Dialogue is less cringey and Chloe isn't annoying af like she was admittedly supposed to be in the first game.

I originally thought LiS worked where Remember Me didn't because Dontnod got to scale the gameplay down and focus mostly on narrative. But now I'm thinking Dontnod might be what was holding the original game back? :thinking

Either way, I'm really enjoying it. The backtalk feature is a lot more interesting gameplay wise for this type of episodic game than the time travel was.

Does it have a mystery storyline like the first one or is this pure teenage wasteland? It's weird because of the latter I was holding off on playing the original at first but in the end I craved dat high school drama shit and couldn't get enough of it :girlaff

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30211 on: October 27, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
Yeah I could see myself liking this more too. I'll hold off on it for now though since I played the first one just earlier this year.

Rich!

« Reply #30212 on: October 28, 2017, 09:59:55 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

#resist

snap

Only I went digital for both. Haven't played Wolf yet, but I think I'll set aside some time on Monday after seeing Thor.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #30213 on: October 28, 2017, 11:08:16 AM »
Been playing Wolfenstein 2 and PUBG lately. Wolfenstein 2 is something else.
What

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #30214 on: October 28, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »
Finishing up Evil Within 2 before I start on New Colossus.
reckt

archie4208

« Reply #30215 on: October 28, 2017, 07:08:38 PM »
Chrono Trigger has aged like wine.  Holy shit I forgot how GOOD this game is.

Corporal

« Reply #30216 on: October 28, 2017, 08:01:53 PM »
During commute today I whipped out my 3DS and played some Kirby's Pinball Land (GB VC) for some breath of fresh air.

Damn, I suck at this. >:(

Time for some Bye Bye Boxboy. More of the same, but it's gud, so why complain.
!list

« Reply #30217 on: October 28, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »
Chrono Trigger has aged like wine.  Holy shit I forgot how GOOD this game is.

That Zeal/Kajar music? Sooooo good. I still play it randomly.

ParanoidRED

« Reply #30218 on: October 29, 2017, 04:39:35 AM »
Jumping between Odissey and Wolfenstein 2

What a great fuckin day for gaming

Acosta

« Reply #30219 on: October 29, 2017, 05:59:08 AM »
Mario is good fun.

I just hate those rabbits. Boring designs, boring fights. Aside of that, very good but it seems the difficulty has been well hidden, I guess plenty of moons will be harder to get.

Corporal

« Reply #30220 on: October 29, 2017, 08:28:43 AM »
Currently futzing around in Monster Hunter Stories. Should've been a switch game and toned down on the kiddie appeal a bit, but what can you do. Still fun. :D
Mario is good fun.

I just hate those rabbits. Boring designs, boring fights. Aside of that, very good but it seems the difficulty has been well hidden, I guess plenty of moons will be harder to get.
Up until the last part I wasn't sure whether you were referring to Mario&Rabbids or MariO.
!list

Acosta

« Reply #30221 on: October 29, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »
Currently futzing around in Monster Hunter Stories. Should've been a switch game and toned down on the kiddie appeal a bit, but what can you do. Still fun. :D
Mario is good fun.

Up until the last part I wasn't sure whether you were referring to Mario&Rabbids or MariO.

haha, I didn't think about that.

Yeas, Odyssey.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30222 on: October 29, 2017, 11:48:27 AM »
Really enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn, but find it hard to step away from the game. There are always just a few more robot animals nearby to hunt, or a few animals to hunt and thereby replenish my potions or get more materials for upgrading carry-capacity. The story's good, too — it's just that "I'll just wrap this one thing up" that ends up getting extended several times and then it's suddenly very late at night and I'm the last one up.

ILikePizza

« Reply #30223 on: October 29, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »
Really enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn, but find it hard to step away from the game. There are always just a few more robot animals nearby to hunt, or a few animals to hunt and thereby replenish my potions or get more materials for upgrading carry-capacity. The story's good, too — it's just that "I'll just wrap this one thing up" that ends up getting extended several times and then it's suddenly very late at night and I'm the last one up.

I think this is my favorite title of 2017 so far.  It's hard to believe the developers behind Killzone produced this game.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #30224 on: October 29, 2017, 01:51:57 PM »
Evil Within 2 was pretty good. The enemy variety is shit and Stefano was a dweeb tho.
reckt

Pills Here

« Reply #30225 on: October 29, 2017, 02:32:27 PM »

The Evil Within (on ch.5)
Wolfenstein (just passed the intro.. does it get better?)
Shadow of Mordor
Assassin's Creed Unity/Syndicate (about 2 or 3 hours of each trying to decide which one to play first).

All of these games currently have recently released sequels which is amusing, but I have the time for the next two weeks so i'm trying to blast through my backlog.

Unfortunately I also decided to buy Forza Horizon 3, Axiom Verge and Voodoo Vince in the past week, so there goes the backlog...

Have TW3 lined up for Xbox One X next Feb (got a month off).

Then I'm going to go through UC4, Horizon Zero Dawn and any other PS4 exclusives I've missed in the past 2 years.

...watch none of this pan out. Gaming is an expensive and a time consuming hobby  :goty2

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30226 on: October 29, 2017, 02:33:54 PM »
Evil Within is good
Wolf is great
Mordor is boring
AC is dogshit now (cant comment on Origins)

UC4 and Horizon are good (Horizon moreso than UC4)
fat

Pills Here

« Reply #30227 on: October 29, 2017, 02:35:57 PM »
Evil Within is good
Wolf is great
Mordor is boring
AC is dogshit now (cant comment on Origins)

UC4 and Horizon are good (Horizon moreso than UC4)

Hmm yeah, thinking of giving Mordor a miss. LotR games aren't really my thing.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30228 on: October 29, 2017, 02:37:12 PM »
Many, many open world games now are just checklist simulators. Collect this, unlock that

Horizon is the same but it's very condensed versus what Mordor and AC do.
fat

« Reply #30229 on: October 29, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »
The first few hours of Mordor are neat because the Nemesis system is a cool concept that should be copied and expanded by others games.

Sadly, the game has kinda spent its wad by the halfway point and you've already seen every thing you can do with it.

paprikastaude

« Reply #30230 on: October 29, 2017, 05:15:37 PM »
Best "open world" this year goes to Yakuza 0 for having memorable content instead of lots of empty space. I guess technically there are checklists, but not in an intrusive way.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:24:32 PM by Spieler1 »

McHuj

« Reply #30231 on: October 29, 2017, 06:03:03 PM »
Just picked up Salt and Santuary. Really liking the art, but I already want to break my controller. Maybe I’m just too old for these hard games.

Bebpo

« Reply #30232 on: October 29, 2017, 07:36:20 PM »
The first few hours of Mordor are neat because the Nemesis system is a cool concept that should be copied and expanded by others games.

Sadly, the game has kinda spent its wad by the halfway point and you've already seen every thing you can do with it.

Yeah, I'm actually a pretty big sandbox gaming fan and I like exploring out maps and collecting stuff, but I couldn't get into Mordor. The map was so empty (just ruins and dirt) and there wasn't a lot of gameplay variety, so even though the controls were smooth and combat/nemesis pretty good, I got bored of the game after 5-10 hours and haven't gone back. I like maps packed with stuff to do and places to explore in my sandbox games.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30233 on: October 29, 2017, 10:10:25 PM »

I think this is my favorite title of 2017 so far.  It's hard to believe the developers behind Killzone produced this game.

Part of me wonders if someone didn't send Guerrilla Games an early design document from the Zelda Switch game.

RyoonZ

« Reply #30234 on: October 29, 2017, 11:47:34 PM »
I loved the tomb puzzle part of this game, though there are only 9 of them.  I liked the Manor exploring as well. Gunplay or combat was whatever. We'll probably getting 1 more game before this generation ends.

Capoeira Enthusiast

« Reply #30235 on: October 30, 2017, 04:46:53 AM »
I've finally gotten around to playing the DOOM reboot.

I'm a huge fan of old school video games, and I was keenly aware of the game's unapologetic style; you see demons, you shoot demons. With big guns. While double-jumping and running around really fast. While grimy metal plays in the background.

Even though I knew the game had classic gameplay, and as an older FPS veteran was something right up my alley, I still didn't play it until now. Reason being, well, like a lot of folks I just have too many damn games. I've really been trying to play through my backlog the past year, so I put DOOM on hold while I got sucked into a Witcher 3 hole. I knew I would enjoy the hell out of DOOM, so there was no rush. Plus, Halloween is perfect time to play a game like this!

Honestly, the reviews and gameplay videos don't do the game justice. You really need to sit down and experience it. Within the first 30 minutes or so of gameplay, you quickly realize the developers hit a home run with DOOM. It's just so....atmospheric and true to its roots. The music is by the same guy who did the soundtrack for the Wolfenstein reboot and its expansion, a gentlemen by the name of Mick Gordon. I wasn't familiar with his work until I played Wolfenstein: TNO, and I was thoroughly impressed with his musical talents. This guy was put on this Earth to write music for fast-paced shooters with old school roots. All the components of DOOM just fit together so nicely; the gun play, the movement, the sound effects and music, the visual style. Everything.

I am just so pleased that these franchises - DOOM and Wolfenstein - are in good hands now, with id and Machine games respectively. I am also super excited about the latest Wolfenstein, so much so that I am actively avoiding any and all discussion or gameplay videos of it until I can find time to play it myself. I briefly watched a performance rundown of Wolfenstein II from Digital Foundry earlier, and once I saw the level where BJ is rolling around in a wheelchair, injured but yet still able to blast away at Nazis, I noped the fuck out less I spoil the opening experience.

RyoonZ

« Reply #30236 on: October 30, 2017, 09:07:50 AM »
I played DOOM recently as well, I prefer Wolfenstein though. Metro is my favorite out of these FPS. Can't wait for Exodus.

« Reply #30237 on: October 30, 2017, 03:19:04 PM »
Finally finished Cuphead. Damn good

Probably gonna pick up Hat in Time since I can't play Mario Odyssey like everyone else and Doki Doki Literature Club when I'm done with the extra modes in Danganrona V3.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #30238 on: October 30, 2017, 08:06:21 PM »
Started Wolfenstien 2 and for some reason the gameplay feels a bit off compared to the first game.  The aim feels looser to me ???

Story it seems to be going places and even added another character i would gladly gut if given the chance.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #30239 on: October 30, 2017, 11:22:20 PM »
Yeah Wolfen 2 is leaving a lot of people unsatisfied. I am disappointed as hell myself. Oh well.

I am playing through Halo Wars Deathfinitive Edition and it's cool. It's obviously super simplistic compared to...pretty much any PC RTS, but I am having an ok time.
reckt