Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3609840 times)

eleuin

• perennial loser
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #30000 on: October 19, 2017, 08:01:36 PM »
http://decisionproblem.com/paperclips/index2.html

:goty2
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:stahp
[close]
I turned the entire universe into paperclips. I'm free. :rejoice
[close]

we playing clickers without save files? in 2017?

why did I start this   :stahp
[close]

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30001 on: October 19, 2017, 08:06:13 PM »
It saves your progress in a cookie, I think. I was able to close the tab and pick up where I left it later. Takes a bit to load, though.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #30002 on: October 20, 2017, 02:34:29 AM »
just hit the new "phase" with hypnodrones, this is already a favourite

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #30003 on: October 20, 2017, 02:56:28 AM »
At the end of the day, all games are clicker games. Just with varying degrees of complexity.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30004 on: October 20, 2017, 07:51:44 AM »
Yeah, but most games are better liars.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30005 on: October 20, 2017, 08:05:31 AM »
I've had my PS4 on all day while I'm at work because I dont want to lose my progress in the unseen city.

Fuckin bitches respawning enemies man
fat

archnemesis

« Reply #30006 on: October 20, 2017, 09:33:14 AM »
I've had my PS4 on all day while I'm at work because I dont want to lose my progress in the unseen city.

Can't you use rest mode instead?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30007 on: October 20, 2017, 09:45:38 AM »
That shit's wack
fat

archnemesis

« Reply #30008 on: October 20, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »
I always use the suspend/resume feature and it's fantastic. With it you can play short sessions and immediately pick up where you left off.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #30009 on: October 20, 2017, 11:22:39 AM »

I think if you just quit the game it'll save your progress (including enemies killed) and current location. It's been a while since I played Bloodborne, but that's how all the Dark Souls games work.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #30010 on: October 20, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »

I think if you just quit the game it'll save your progress (including enemies killed) and current location. It's been a while since I played Bloodborne, but that's how all the Dark Souls games work.

Correct, you can just exit the game from the ingame menu and you will continue there when you turn it on again, including enemies killed.
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30011 on: October 20, 2017, 12:32:49 PM »
I thought it spawned you at the nearest Lamp. Oh well, PS4 can survive being on
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30012 on: October 20, 2017, 03:26:54 PM »
I had to share the pain. Sorry, not sorry.

Bebpo

« Reply #30013 on: October 20, 2017, 05:34:55 PM »
IREM (reborn as Granzilla) LIVES

[close]

Zero idea if this will be any good, but the concept of stage based Disaster Report with giant licensed things from all my favorite series is an awesome concept. I hope you can steal someone's hat.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30014 on: October 20, 2017, 11:15:22 PM »
Finished Doom 64. Good (because Doom), but I can't think of any stand-out levels or moments. Too many interchangeable enemy types, also. And the last fight was a frustrating chore. The massive horde of demons is easy, except for the Lost Souls, who are really annoying in such numbers and a semi-open arena. More challenging than slow projectile guys A through D, for sure. After that, when you're battered and low on ammo, the demon mama herself shows up and pelts you with homing projectiles. Meh. I died more often in the finale than in the entire game up until then. Not worth the effort at all.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30015 on: October 20, 2017, 11:26:42 PM »
my main memory about Doom 64 was constantly getting hung up on corners because the polygon walls weren't clipped properly or something for the original Doom movement system

iirc, you can sometimes see it happen to enemies

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30016 on: October 20, 2017, 11:44:02 PM »
each secret level has a hidden item that deals one of those gates in the final level, and powers up your super weapon. a bitch to get, but makes the end a lot easier.
pcp

Bebpo

« Reply #30017 on: October 21, 2017, 02:07:26 AM »
IREM (reborn as Granzilla) LIVES

(Image removed from quote.)

[close]

Zero idea if this will be any good, but the concept of stage based Disaster Report with giant licensed things from all my favorite series is an awesome concept. I hope you can steal someone's hat.

This.Game.Is.Fucking.Amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, it's so good. The game is absolutely made for people who wanted a next-gen Disaster Report/ZZT experience. It's a single story like a movie, but divided into episodes that are like 20-30 mins each and every ep is like the action sequences of DR/ZZT. Like non-stop exciting stuff but with tons of NPCs along the way to talk to, a sidequest or two each chapter, and lots of dialogue/event choices so you can be a total psychopath asshole aka Michael Thorton Alpha Protocol.

The story is hiliariously amazing and has like random Yakuza battles in the streets as Mothra flies by. Even the tutorials are like "Have you ever wanted to crawl under the counter at a convenience store? Press square to crawl and see what happens!". You can buy food and coffee and find outfits (which burn off when you take damage) and just like the old DR games it's basically a Yakuza game on drugs. The camera/controls are just as bad too.

The only downside is when I first loaded it up the framerate was like 5-10fps style like the old games I felt right at home. Then the day 1 patch installed which I guess added pro support and now it runs almost a smooth 30fps which feels way too smooth for DR. I kinda wish you could tank the framerate just for nostalgia sake.

But yeah, this game is so nostalgic. It's straight up a PS2 game in 2017 with like Yakuza 5 level graphics and crazy sci-fi monsters! The concept of DR except the disasters you are escaping are monsters works incredible well. It's really cool. I just hope it won't be super short since it moves at an incredibly fast pace (although it has replay value with the choices and sidequests).

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30018 on: October 21, 2017, 10:34:20 AM »
my main memory about Doom 64 was constantly getting hung up on corners because the polygon walls weren't clipped properly or something for the original Doom movement system

iirc, you can sometimes see it happen to enemies
That actually killed me a couple times. :doge

each secret level has a hidden item that deals one of those gates in the final level, and powers up your super weapon. a bitch to get, but makes the end a lot easier.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30019 on: October 21, 2017, 06:03:29 PM »
Went back to Horizon: Zero Dawn and realized I've forgotten most of the useful controls. Died several times before I finally found my feet again. Completely forgot about R3 for bringing up "Focus" mode, so I was staring at a hidden item but had NO IDEA how I was supposed to log it. Soon after, I got superkilt by one of those Sawtooth thingies. Majorly clobbered.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #30020 on: October 21, 2017, 06:24:57 PM »
When you get Threnody for the Heroes in Paperclips  :mindblown

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30021 on: October 21, 2017, 07:09:26 PM »
You're very close now. :3

treythemovie

« Reply #30022 on: October 21, 2017, 11:02:54 PM »
About to start that new Metroid game. Let's see if Nintendo still has it (or at least enough to reel in those Castlevania devs).

tuna_love

« Reply #30023 on: October 21, 2017, 11:06:12 PM »
im playing new south park on xbox and it actually cant keep 60fps. its doing my fucking head in

El Babua

« Reply #30024 on: October 21, 2017, 11:18:03 PM »
Currently playing (or replaying) FFX HD.

I was bitching a year back about the Zanarkand destruction sphere not registering the statue in Baaj temple and preventing me from getting Anima.

Well, I decided to restart from my closest save, which was like 6-8 hours of gameplay till I could go for it again. Turned out I am stupid and actually missed Besaid way back when and had to beat Dark Valefor to get Anima.  :doge

jacob.armitage

« Reply #30025 on: October 21, 2017, 11:40:41 PM »
I picked up the Dead Island remaster collection for $5. I never played them, they always looked like low grade B tier games but for so cheap and with Halloween coming up I figured it'd be fun to play around with. Yeah, turns out i really like this format. Finished the first game in like 3 days. Terrible story, pretty bad voice acting, trash dialogue, weak image quality and framerate, iffy design choices and gameplay but somehow so fun and satisfying to play. I'm just finishing the DLC for the first then off to the full expansion.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30026 on: October 21, 2017, 11:42:09 PM »
Dying Light takes a shit on Dead Island, I would honestly just go there instead of playing Riptide.
fat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30027 on: October 21, 2017, 11:44:10 PM »
Dead Island was okay at the time, but Dying Light has far surpassed it.
dog

jacob.armitage

« Reply #30028 on: October 21, 2017, 11:59:22 PM »
Dying Light takes a shit on Dead Island, I would honestly just go there instead of playing Riptide.

I will totally keep that in mind if i'm not into it. DI isn't a good game, like at all, as i kinda stated, but i did really enjoy it. I was like half paying attention with podcasts on in the background the entire time, but it was just engaging enough to be very enjoyable like that.

Dead Island was okay at the time, but Dying Light has far surpassed it.

I actually borrowed it from the library when it released, but never played it. I look forward to it now, thanks.

Bebpo

« Reply #30029 on: October 22, 2017, 12:50:30 AM »
Went back to Horizon: Zero Dawn and realized I've forgotten most of the useful controls. Died several times before I finally found my feet again. Completely forgot about R3 for bringing up "Focus" mode, so I was staring at a hidden item but had NO IDEA how I was supposed to log it. Soon after, I got superkilt by one of those Sawtooth thingies. Majorly clobbered.

Haha, yeah that happens to me too when I put a game down for a few weeks.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #30030 on: October 22, 2017, 01:09:39 AM »
Dying Light does shit on Dead Island from a height. I really didn't care for The Following tho.
reckt

Kevtones

« Reply #30031 on: October 22, 2017, 02:40:41 AM »
I've started Elex. This game is blissful jank with jetpacks. Combat is stupid. Tons of character progression and exploration. The world and faction shit might be fun too. I hope there's a NG+

I always get all the trophies in Piranha Bytes games for some reason. I usually give purposeful negative fucks about trophies but always get them when PB makes a game. Excited.
wrong

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #30032 on: October 22, 2017, 02:49:23 AM »
Stick Fight is 5 bucks well spent  :sabu
reckt

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #30033 on: October 22, 2017, 02:51:04 AM »
free at last...

messed up on the last phase a ton (imbalance of drones, not exploring enough when the drifters showed up) but I really enjoyed this one

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30034 on: October 22, 2017, 03:24:22 AM »
Started Hacknet yesterday and now I feel like this:

Anyone else played this game?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30035 on: October 22, 2017, 05:59:20 AM »
I'm playing Final Fantasy III or 6 or whatever for the first time on SNES classic with the intend to finish it.

I'd never gotten this far before (about 20 hours in). This game is great if you stick with it. Reminds me a bit of Lost Odyssey actually.
🤴

jacob.armitage

« Reply #30036 on: October 22, 2017, 06:22:20 AM »
I've started Elex. This game is blissful jank with jetpacks. Combat is stupid. Tons of character progression and exploration. The world and faction shit might be fun too. I hope there's a NG+

I always get all the trophies in Piranha Bytes games for some reason. I usually give purposeful negative fucks about trophies but always get them when PB makes a game. Excited.

Do you get to create your own character?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #30037 on: October 22, 2017, 06:50:05 AM »

Do you get to create your own character?

You dont and the MC is as bland as can be.
What

Rich!

« Reply #30038 on: October 22, 2017, 06:56:36 AM »
Been playing a few things recently, trying to blaze through a lot before Mario later this week in between work and family life

Danganronpa V3 was awesome. Loved the two big twists in that. Metroid:Samus Returns was alright but I don't think I'd play it again. Played a bit of South Park yesterday and that seems pretty legit so far, especially Towlie - not sure if I'll finish it as I keep getting distracted as usual by playing through chrono trigger yet again

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #30039 on: October 22, 2017, 09:10:44 AM »
Too much stuff now - GT Sport, Golf Story, Divinity (yeah, the first one, don't ask), Fire Emblem Musou, Mingol :/

Oh and Fifa 18

too many games
O=X

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #30040 on: October 22, 2017, 09:12:45 AM »
Been playing a few things recently, trying to blaze through a lot before Mario later this week in between work and family life

Danganronpa V3 was awesome. Loved the two big twists in that. Metroid:Samus Returns was alright but I don't think I'd play it again. Played a bit of South Park yesterday and that seems pretty legit so far, especially Towlie - not sure if I'll finish it as I keep getting distracted as usual by playing through chrono trigger yet again

Ive also been playing chrono trigger and South park! :)
What

archnemesis

« Reply #30041 on: October 22, 2017, 09:20:14 AM »
Started Hacknet yesterday and now I feel like this:

(Image removed from quote.)

Anyone else played this game?
I played it for a couple of hours and found the lack of Linux shortcuts annoying. I'd love to play a similar augmented reality game where I got to hack actual computers.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30042 on: October 22, 2017, 09:43:21 AM »
I played it for a couple of hours and found the lack of Linux shortcuts annoying. I'd love to play a similar augmented reality game where I got to hack actual computers.

I have absolutely no clue about coding or hacking or anything of the sort - apart perhaps from futzing around with the MacOS terminal, so I do know some basic commands. Hence the gif  :lol

I had fun for the two hours I played so I'll keep at it. And maybe I'll even learn some basic things about this stuff...

Lothar

« Reply #30043 on: October 22, 2017, 09:51:50 AM »
I'm playing Final Fantasy III or 6 or whatever for the first time on SNES classic with the intend to finish it.

I'd never gotten this far before (about 20 hours in). This game is great if you stick with it. Reminds me a bit of Lost Odyssey actually.

It should.  Written and composed by the same people.  Oh yeah, SNES Classic is out.  A lot of people will be experiencing FF6, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana for the first time.  That's cool.  I hope to see a lot of first impressions.

Mochilador

« Reply #30044 on: October 22, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »
I am currently playing Assassin's Creed 3 on Xbox One.
I have already beat this game on Wii U but I want to go through the franchise again.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #30045 on: October 22, 2017, 10:29:06 AM »
I have already beat this game on Wii U but I want to go through the franchise again.

How is it holding up for you? I always thought it was the weakest game in the series.
What

Mochilador

« Reply #30046 on: October 22, 2017, 10:52:01 AM »

How is it holding up for you? I always thought it was the weakest game in the series.

I like it. The characters are interesting, gameplay is cool.
And I really like that Connor is not portrayed as a masterful assassin but as someone who is struggling.

Fortus

« Reply #30047 on: October 22, 2017, 11:03:41 AM »
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I platinumed the original back in the day but never got the dlc for it. Is the mmo version ever going to be released in the west?
pie

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30048 on: October 22, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »

It should.  Written and composed by the same people.  Oh yeah, SNES Classic is out.  A lot of people will be experiencing FF6, Earthbound, and Secret of Mana for the first time.  That's cool.  I hope to see a lot of first impressions.

I let my GF try out the SNES Classic, and she wanted to play FF6... she has very little experience in gaming so it was pretty fun to see her discover classic RPGs.
^_^

Masquerader

« Reply #30049 on: October 22, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
I am playing Dishonoured 2. I'm not too far into it, but it's amazing so far. The Heart is one of my favourite game mechanics ever, and it doesn't even affect gameplay. It just adds to the depth of the world so much. It's brilliant.

hungrynoob

• boo
« Reply #30050 on: October 22, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
Wonder if any of the xbox back compat thread made it over. I need people to play civilsation: revolution on 360.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #30051 on: October 22, 2017, 11:22:51 AM »
Darkstone

Fuck the graphics wound me deeply, and the UI is shite but fuck it if i'm not entertained. :rejoice
[close]

Coax

« Reply #30052 on: October 22, 2017, 11:23:59 AM »
I am playing Dishonoured 2. I'm not too far into it, but it's amazing so far. The Heart is one of my favourite game mechanics ever, and it doesn't even affect gameplay. It just adds to the depth of the world so much. It's brilliant.

Godlike visual design. It's such a treat to view. In a way the heart does affect gameplay in that it shows you where runes and bonecharms are located, which in turn affect gameplay elements.

Lothar

« Reply #30053 on: October 22, 2017, 11:27:33 AM »
I let my GF try out the SNES Classic, and she wanted to play FF6... she has very little experience in gaming so it was pretty fun to see her discover classic RPGs.

Everyone will try out Earthbound if they haven't before, right? 

Earthbound > FF6

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #30054 on: October 22, 2017, 11:35:32 AM »

Earthbound > FF6

lmao calm the fuck down son
pcp

Masquerader

« Reply #30055 on: October 22, 2017, 11:41:30 AM »

Godlike visual design. It's such a treat to view. In a way the heart does affect gameplay in that it shows you where runes and bonecharms are located, which in turn affect gameplay elements.

Oh yeah, I forgot that, sorry! Stupid me. XD What I meant to say is that my favourite aspect of The Heart is the dialogue. Just hearing stories about the people you see in front of you is wonderfully innovative and unique IMO, and the voice actress is amazing. I like how many horror stories there are, but then, every once in a while comes a story that's beautiful and kind.

... Goddamnit, cheesy as it sounds, I think I'm a little in love with the game. Even moreso than the first game. xc

Mochilador

« Reply #30056 on: October 22, 2017, 12:56:34 PM »
AC3 was definitely trash. Gave up on the series after that.

Also that damn paperclip game is over. Free at last!

I believe that AC3 is a good game. The initial pacing kinda hurt the game. People remember it as the AC with the longest tutorial and crappy weapon wheel.

Freyj

« Reply #30057 on: October 22, 2017, 01:02:26 PM »

Earthbound > FF6

Anyyyyyway...

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #30058 on: October 22, 2017, 01:03:56 PM »
AC2 was the only AC game I really enjoyed and played through twice (which I normally don't do). But after that? I completed the other Ezio games and AC3 (which was quite bad yeah) but none of them grabbed me the way AC2 did. And even though Black Flag was decent I could never finish it.

But I still can't turn my back on this series even though I know it's always the same game with the same weird controls, cluttered map and disjointed storytelling. It's always the setting that catches my interest. Like Syndicate with it's (try-hard) Victorian steam-punk setting. Or the new one set in Hellenistic Egypt.

I learned not to buy them day one though.

Switters

« Reply #30059 on: October 22, 2017, 01:08:33 PM »
I red boxed shadow of war and played 20 minutes till I realized I just didn't give a fuck. I loved the first game.

Really tempted to just get into my 300th hour of Grim Dawn instead.
troll