Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 3591370 times)

paprikastaude

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #38160 on: May 26, 2022, 06:02:32 AM »
Bloodborne replay with the cane for the fullblown Castlevania 3d experience :rejoice
The atmosphere in this game is still :lawd

Also it's been long enough that I forgot a few smaller exploration parts that took me by surprise. BB is up there with the likes of Super Metroid for best exploration design ever.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38161 on: May 26, 2022, 07:40:24 PM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)

:dead
[close]

Svejk

« Reply #38162 on: May 28, 2022, 09:40:16 AM »
When I get home tonight, totally gonna finish up the campaign of Ace Combat 7 after watching Maverick.  I shelved it to wait for this movie, and it did not disappoint!  Im pretty sure I was on Mission 18.. Maverick hit a ton of AC feels.  Feeling the need for speed!!  :cruise

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38163 on: May 29, 2022, 05:37:20 AM »
I like the Ys games and all but they need a fucking map function. :maf

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #38164 on: May 29, 2022, 05:57:16 AM »
Nerds have probably got you covered for the older games. Just put the name of the game + maps in google. Seems Starfighter76 made some for Ys 1 and 2. 

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38165 on: May 29, 2022, 08:30:54 AM »
I beat Ys II :rejoice

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38166 on: May 29, 2022, 10:55:55 AM »
I tried out Ys V...what western studio did they farm this one out too.  :lol

Svejk

« Reply #38167 on: May 29, 2022, 11:40:33 AM »
Was on Mission 17 on Ace Combat 7. (Thought it was 18)  Got quickly reminded how annoying the checkpoint gaps can be in this game.  I need Goose to talk to me.  The bombers that come in give so little time to take them out before they reach the shore.  I probably need to adjust my loadout upgrades.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38168 on: May 29, 2022, 01:13:55 PM »

Ys 5 was straight-up Falcom developed... but yeah, it's kinda disappointing as it trades the vivid colors and fast action of the previous games for a slower-paced, muted palette, rather generic and forgettable RPG. Lots of people would consider 3 the worst game in the series (due to its side scrolling nature) but at least that game had a bitchin soundtrack, so 5 remains my least favorite. Though it's not a terrible game, just like I said, generic and forgettable. Am hoping they eventually remake it.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38169 on: May 29, 2022, 01:18:21 PM »
Yoshi's Story - played through 2 runs so far (all of the stage 1's, and all of the stage 2's). Not that great a game, but the aesthetics are attractive. It's definitely very "kiddy", especially as far as its sound effects and story go... with games like this it's no wonder why N64 got the rep "for babby" back in the day. I don't even mind the whole concept of a more nonlinear, exploratory collectathon 2D platformer... but the stage design isn't terribly interesting and the progression between stages (how you can't go back to a previously-beaten stage for a higher score, you have to do a block of 6 stages per run) does not work at all with something that should be an exploratory game by its nature.

Crash Bandicoot - finally went back to this, grinded out a shit-ton of lives by collecting wumpa fruits in the first stage, and then finished the last block of stages. I will never 100% it due to its frustrating controls, long drawn out levels, and imprecise platforming (all stuff vastly improved in 2 and 3). But I have not unlocked the 2 bonus levels yet, so I will unlock and beat those, put in the cheat to 100% it and then go beat Cortex again to see the 100% ending.

Mario 64 - I never beat the original on N64, having played bits and pieces here and there but never actually sitting down to finish it all the way through and get all 120 stars. However, I did it in the DS version. But I am now gonna go back and do the same for the original N64 version.
^_^

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #38170 on: May 29, 2022, 04:29:51 PM »
Was on Mission 17 on Ace Combat 7. (Thought it was 18)  Got quickly reminded how annoying the checkpoint gaps can be in this game.  I need Goose to talk to me.  The bombers that come in give so little time to take them out before they reach the shore.  I probably need to adjust my loadout upgrades.

Its a tough stage - I'd recommend using a plane with LAAM to nail the bombers from a distance, or a really fast plane so you can get up there and engage them quickly. You generally cant go wrong with the upgrades which improve missile speed and homing. Cant say OTOH what would be a good aircraft, I have everything unlocked plus all DLC so I just busted out a superplane when I had trouble :p. Do you have any of the DLC?

I'm gonna scoop the Top Gunk Dongloadable Content when I get home. I have all the other DLC so why not - I need to find the development of AC8 lol

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38171 on: May 30, 2022, 02:29:51 AM »

Ys 5 was straight-up Falcom developed... but yeah, it's kinda disappointing as it trades the vivid colors and fast action of the previous games for a slower-paced, muted palette, rather generic and forgettable RPG. Lots of people would consider 3 the worst game in the series (due to its side scrolling nature) but at least that game had a bitchin soundtrack, so 5 remains my least favorite. Though it's not a terrible game, just like I said, generic and forgettable. Am hoping they eventually remake it.

Yeah it totally is a jank game but I am thoroughly entertained, gives me nostalgia when you went to the video store back in the day, and you perused the boxes since that was all you had to go on, and said fuck it and rented the game using your allowance only to treat yourself to kusoge for the weekend but fuck it if you weren't going to get your money's worth as it were.

:cruise
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 01:30:34 PM by D3RANG3D »

Svejk

« Reply #38172 on: May 30, 2022, 10:40:15 AM »

Its a tough stage - I'd recommend using a plane with LAAM to nail the bombers from a distance, or a really fast plane so you can get up there and engage them quickly. You generally cant go wrong with the upgrades which improve missile speed and homing. Cant say OTOH what would be a good aircraft, I have everything unlocked plus all DLC so I just busted out a superplane when I had trouble :p. Do you have any of the DLC?

I'm gonna scoop the Top Gunk Dongloadable Content when I get home. I have all the other DLC so why not - I need to find the development of AC8 lol
I got the season pass, but that's it... Not sure what all comes with it tbh.  But since getting it, I've been mainly using the ADF 01 Falken.  I have the increase missle capacity and range with lock-in range increased too (lvl 1 only), but still feels it takes awhile, even out of cloud cover.  Plus, identifying the unknown craft takes a few flybys for some reason... I watched a guy do it with an F-18 and his unknowns would ding way quicker and more far out... Couldn't find a loadout that increases scanning or something. ..if there is, I missed it in the aircraft tree.  Feels like I'm doing something really wrong, because people in vids make it look so easy doing A and S rank runs like it's nothing.  :doge

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #38173 on: May 30, 2022, 08:08:02 PM »
I used this guide to s rank every stage and the tips and loudout suggestions are top notch. Note you can ID the bombers faster by keeping them front and center in your HUD.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1735952104

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38174 on: May 31, 2022, 08:12:40 AM »
Still playing YS V I am at the Desert where I have to do a Zelda style puzzle where you have to go in different directions to solve puzzle while killing skeletons with light magic, and the spell I created has a long winded flashy wind up and execution and hitting the moving skeletons is a chore.  :yuck
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 04:18:34 PM by D3RANG3D »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38175 on: May 31, 2022, 10:11:53 PM »
I beat Bloodborne. Got all three endings and kept a save right before the end so I can do the Chalice Dungeons and/or the DLC later.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #38176 on: June 01, 2022, 01:25:47 AM »
I beat Bloodborne. Got all three endings and kept a save right before the end so I can do the Chalice Dungeons and/or the DLC later.

Ya, that's good.

I did the DLC in NG+ and it was pretty hard. Much tougher than the main game imo. It's really good though. From's best DLC, though the Arteios of the Abyss one for DS1 is really good too.

paprikastaude

« Reply #38177 on: June 01, 2022, 02:13:26 PM »
Pocky and Rocky Reloaded. I did Ninja Warriors Returns and Wild Guns Returns prior. Sadly, I must say that this developer doesn't do it for me. I love actual 16bit games getting the 'Sonic Mania' treatment, which feels much more legit than indie knockoffs. But the gameplay in these always feels painfully 'just okay' and I can't like them as much as I want to.
I wish something like Shinobi would get this kind of half remaster/half remake version instead.  :shaq2

Bebpo

« Reply #38178 on: June 01, 2022, 03:30:17 PM »
Hmmm, I wasn't huge on Ninja Warriors Returns. It was ok, mostly because the base game's gameplay is "just okay" like you said. Especially compared to modern belt action games like Streets of Rage 4 or Fight n Rage.

But I have found memories of Pocky & Rocky being a good game so still wanna try that.

Polident Hive

« Reply #38179 on: June 01, 2022, 05:23:37 PM »
I’ve read accounts from fans of the original SNES games who dislike the Returns versions. Something about ruining the simplicity of the original games.

On Shinobi, very recently I learned Shinobi 3 has a six button mode that makes sword attack and block their own buttons. Messed with my head when I tried it. Over two decades of muscle memory.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38180 on: June 02, 2022, 03:56:56 PM »
I really enjoyed Ninja Warriors and found it much better than the SNES original.  It's an improvement in every way.

Wasn't as big on Wild Guns just because of the controls.

Haven't played enough Pocky and Rocky yet, but it seemed real solid.

:idont
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #38181 on: June 03, 2022, 09:11:49 PM »
Finished MediEvil (PS4) remake. Very competent remake, no frills no thrills. Also as an added bonus you can unlock the original PS1 game!

I've never actually played the sequel... fix that maybe
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #38182 on: June 04, 2022, 01:50:21 AM »
Also as an added bonus you can unlock the original PS1 game!

Props, I didn't think there were any remasters left that still were this generous :leon

Many remake vs. original-debates would end if they included both versions into one pack like back in the day, but god forbid you give away some PS1 ROM for "free".

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #38183 on: June 04, 2022, 04:56:46 AM »
Finished MediEvil (PS4) remake. Very competent remake, no frills no thrills. Also as an added bonus you can unlock the original PS1 game!

I've never actually played the sequel... fix that maybe

On the PS5 it also runs at a locked 60 since I think it had an unlocked framerate.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #38184 on: June 04, 2022, 11:55:16 AM »
Started replaying Horizon FW on Ultra-hard with the new update out this week
jon

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38185 on: June 04, 2022, 02:31:16 PM »
Been playing Lagoon a mediocre SNES ARPG from Kemco got way farther than I ever got as a kid when I rented this game but man does the framerate chug on this game.  :lol

This game is basically a top down Ys III clone and it succeeded where Ys V failed at least in the control department, but fucked it up at the same time because the sword sprite is this little fucking shanker regardless whether it's a short sword or long sword and it makes hitting enemies a chore half the time but it isn't much of an issue when you get magic though.
[close]

It does have different color pallets for your armor and cape which is something the 2d Ys games didn't do which is cool.
[close]

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 08:29:40 PM by D3RANG3D »

Svejk

« Reply #38186 on: June 05, 2022, 03:12:43 AM »
Finally finished the campaign for Ace Combat 7.  Excellent game.
 :cruise :cruise :cruise :cruise :cruise

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38187 on: June 05, 2022, 08:26:01 AM »
Been playing Lagoon a mediocre SNES ARPG from Kemco got way farther than I ever got as a kid when I rented this game but man does the framerate chug on this game.  :lol

This game is basically a top down YS III clone and it succeeded where Ys V failed at least in the control department, but fucked it up at the same time because the sword sprite is this little fucking shanker regardless whether it's a short sword or long sword and it makes hitting enemies a chore half the time but it isn't much of an issue when you get magic though.
[close]

It does have different color pallets for your armor and cape which is something the 2d Ys games didn't do which is cool.
[close]

See if you can emulate it on the X68000 - that version has combat more akin to Ys (oldskool bump into monsters) and a SLAMMIN FM soundtrack:

^_^

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38188 on: June 05, 2022, 08:42:47 AM »

This game is basically a top down YS III clone and it succeeded where Ys V failed at least in the control department, but fucked it up at the same time because the sword sprite is this little fucking shanker regardless whether it's a short sword or long sword and it makes hitting enemies a chore half the time but it isn't much of an issue when you get magic though.
[close]

[close]

See if you can emulate it on the X68000 - that version has combat more akin to Ys (oldskool bump into monsters) and a SLAMMIN FM soundtrack:

Saw just enough of a playthrough to see the combat and yeah it looks way less jank.  :lol

That's one of the positive aspects of the SNES version is the soundtrack interpretation was a lot closer that I would have thought possible.
[close]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 11:03:02 AM by D3RANG3D »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38189 on: June 06, 2022, 12:11:20 PM »
Started up Ys III for the famicom translated into english and it's actually pretty impressive how it runs and plays, doesn't have the hit detection issues that the SNES version had, and has the more hardcore level up threshold that the Genesis version does.

I am at the Tigray Quarry still on the Genesis/SNES
[close]

Oath I still haven't beaten Galbalan.  :doge
[close]

Origin I'm at the first boss.
[close]

Ark I'm at the part where you have to find the old man's assistant.
[close]

Ys V I am close to beating this game, despite complaining about the wonky controls this game really grew on me, while the soundtrack of this game is weak compared to other YS games I still dig the soundtrack.
[close]

Lagoon I am at the Ice Boss which is hard as fuck, went to watch a playthrough on YouTube which is the X68000 version and it's a fucking cake walk compared to the SNES version and on the X68000 you can use magic during boss battles.  :maf
[close]

Started up Shadowman again because there was a massive patch released pretty recently and man they polished the fuck out of the controls  :o the controls used to be so awkward I would usually play the N64 version instead.
[close]

Ys I & II famicom translated versions, started up the first one, not sure if I want to playthrough these.
[close]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 08:30:55 PM by D3RANG3D »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #38190 on: June 06, 2022, 10:47:45 PM »
Update: I finished MediEvil 2, this game is booty ass compared to first one. Glad they didn't remake this one

Also for whatever reason collecting all the chalices gives you a worse ending than not? Ok
fat

Hamarr

« Reply #38191 on: June 06, 2022, 11:52:21 PM »
I've been playing the new season of Destiny 2 a little, and then Forza Horizon 5 again.

I might re-install RE4 and give that another go after watching the trailer for the remake. I need to finally finish 5 at some point, as well.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38192 on: June 07, 2022, 10:03:14 AM »
I beat Yoshi's Story, and have been playing Mario 64. Just got to the pyramid world, probably my least favorite zone in the game, but ahh well. It's fun trying to beat this on the N64, I've only managed the DS version back in the day.
^_^

Polident Hive

« Reply #38193 on: June 07, 2022, 12:31:59 PM »
People dog on Yoshi’s Story for unfavorably comparing to Yoshi’s Island. I had fun with it. A rare chance to use the N64 dpad outside of mischief makers.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38194 on: June 07, 2022, 03:27:13 PM »
People dog on Yoshi’s Story for unfavorably comparing to Yoshi’s Island. I had fun with it. A rare chance to use the N64 dpad outside of mischief makers.

Hmm, the game uses the analog? Unless there's some control setting that I missed.

The problem with Yoshi's Story is - even though an exploration based platformer starring Yoshi is a pretty good idea, the game flubs it with some strange design choices. Instead of being able to play only one 'block' of stages at a time, I think it would've worked out much better if you had to play all the stages on a 'page' before advancing to the next page. And you can go back and reselect stages for a higher score/find the missing 'hearts'. I also don't like how you have limited amount of Yoshi's to do a whole playthrough of the game, especially with some dodgy platforming elements (the gears in the mecha castle in particular).

Music is also fucking terrible.

Really, what happened with Yoshi's Story was there was a small window of time I was obsessed with getting it, due to recently getting my N64 RGB modded and wanting some nice lush 2D games to play. I mean, the game does look very nice graphically!
^_^

Polident Hive

« Reply #38195 on: June 07, 2022, 08:32:24 PM »
You’re right. Think I’m misremembering every 2D gameplay N64 game using the dpad. Always found it funny how the much hyped Hori N64 pad has the dpad in the middle.

Svejk

« Reply #38196 on: June 08, 2022, 10:02:02 AM »
Nearing the end of Chrono Trigger.  I think I'm able to take on Lavos technically, but there's apparent side quests the End of Time guy is hinting at..  Tried to do the Sun Palace boss... Fuck that noise..  If the last boss is harder than this thing, forget beating this game.  What a stupid gimmick fight.  About to skip it and move on to Frog's side quests.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38197 on: June 08, 2022, 11:55:29 AM »
The Cycle Frontiers is pretty fun. A scifi collectathon in a persistantish world and theres other folks to kill too. Its like a scifi Tarkov but free to play and less scary
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38198 on: June 08, 2022, 12:02:36 PM »
Nearing the end of Chrono Trigger.  I think I'm able to take on Lavos technically, but there's apparent side quests the End of Time guy is hinting at..  Tried to do the Sun Palace boss... Fuck that noise..  If the last boss is harder than this thing, forget beating this game.  What a stupid gimmick fight.  About to skip it and move on to Frog's side quests.

See if you can find armor or accessories that absorb or reduce fire damage, (forget the name or where to find, i think in the sealed chests) then Son of Sun is a cakewalk. Final boss isn't too bad but gimmicky in that you have to take down the "pieces" in a certain order or it will heal.
^_^

Polident Hive

« Reply #38199 on: June 09, 2022, 01:25:19 AM »
Woody Pop is a cool master system game. It’s a Breakout type, and based on minimal reading, shipped with a paddle controller. On real hardware it’s unplayable without the paddle. But not a problem on emulators. Anyway, the gimmick here is branching pathways. Don’t get why but sure. Just a solid if standard Breakout game.

Bebpo

« Reply #38200 on: June 09, 2022, 02:50:26 AM »
Almost done with Outer Wilds - Eye of the Echo DLC expansion and honestly I think it kind of sucks compared to the main game. It's got a great new world design and great puzzles but the execution of it is awful & tedious. Just a complete pain in the ass expansion.

And apparently to get the endings you have to do stuff from the main game, which means remember how to do stuff from the main game (or using a guide), and I don't remember how to do things from the main game I played two years ago, so just gonna get to the very end and youtube the endings probably tomorrow.

Seems like a very skip DLC. Just poorly designed, especially with the developer wanting to make Outer Wilds a horror game and dude is not good at making a horror game.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38201 on: June 09, 2022, 10:23:11 AM »
Ys III made it to the Illburn ruins.

Lagoon I'm grinding levels to try to power through that Ice boss.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 08:31:19 PM by D3RANG3D »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38202 on: June 09, 2022, 02:06:54 PM »
Woody Pop is a cool master system game. It’s a Breakout type, and based on minimal reading, shipped with a paddle controller. On real hardware it’s unplayable without the paddle. But not a problem on emulators. Anyway, the gimmick here is branching pathways. Don’t get why but sure. Just a solid if standard Breakout game.

If you want more paddle game fun for MarkIII/JP Master System, look up Megumi Rescue. It's a game where you play as firemen trying to save people from jumping out of windows. Fun game and one of the few interesting JP-only games for the system.
^_^

Polident Hive

« Reply #38203 on: June 09, 2022, 04:23:46 PM »
That looks cool. I’ve been mulling over getting a USB paddle/dial controller. That Taito egret mini has a controller with a paddle and trackball. Would be perfect but no drivers to use on PC.

Some months back I was looking into modern light gun solutions. Cheapest option is using Wii remotes, or even cheaper and worse, gyro air mice. Neither fully replicate the arcade and old CRT light gun feel. These days people swear by the sinden light gun. Maybe one day.

Almost done with Outer Wilds - Eye of the Echo DLC expansion and honestly I think it kind of sucks compared to the main game. It's got a great new world design and great puzzles but the execution of it is awful & tedious. Just a complete pain in the ass expansion.

And apparently to get the endings you have to do stuff from the main game, which means remember how to do stuff from the main game (or using a guide), and I don't remember how to do things from the main game I played two years ago, so just gonna get to the very end and youtube the endings probably tomorrow.

Seems like a very skip DLC. Just poorly designed, especially with the developer wanting to make Outer Wilds a horror game and dude is not good at making a horror game.

I liked Outer Wilds a lot a lot. But everything I heard about the DLC had it sounding like a skip. That’s unless you’re playing the main game and DLC together for the first time.

Bebpo

« Reply #38204 on: June 10, 2022, 03:24:55 AM »
Finished Eye of the Echoes

Good story, good puzzles, good environment, 45% shitty can't see anything horror game. Does the whole non-linear puzzle solving but in a single environment and it's not as easy to get around and it's easier to get stuck than the base game and if you do one thing out of order the whole progression of the game can fuck up so guides are actually detrimental.

If you REALLY loved Outer Wilds, it's probably still worth playing and the whole thing is a one or two night length, but there will be some annoying tedious stuff. Otherwise idk, maybe watch a playthrough? There's one on youtube that 3.5 hours and also a 20 min story explanation. But it's true the biggest enjoyment is figuring out the puzzles in the environment yourself.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38205 on: June 10, 2022, 08:02:15 AM »
Ys III got to the Darm mountains and got bodied by that Harpy boss.  :lol

I level up a few times and I still got bodied by that ice boss on Lagoon.  :maf
[close]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 08:31:35 PM by D3RANG3D »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #38206 on: June 10, 2022, 11:49:02 AM »
Metal: Hellsinger demo -- this game is sick
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38207 on: June 10, 2022, 12:31:56 PM »
Metal: Hellsinger demo -- this game is sick

Have you played BPM:Bullets Per Minute? How does it compare?

What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #38208 on: June 10, 2022, 12:47:17 PM »
Nope
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38209 on: June 10, 2022, 01:41:00 PM »
I thought it was a sequel to BPM but apparantly its an entirely different team wtf
What

Bebpo

« Reply #38210 on: June 11, 2022, 01:35:31 PM »
Played through the demo for Dave Gilbert (Wadjet Eye)'s new game Old Skies. Was great. Should be another quality adventure game from him.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38211 on: June 11, 2022, 04:10:10 PM »
Beat Ys III
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 05:07:54 PM by D3RANG3D »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #38212 on: June 12, 2022, 05:39:12 PM »
Played that Agent 64: Spies Never Die Demo, it really went for the N64 authenticity down to strangling the framerates when there are any particle effects.  :lol

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 05:43:50 PM by D3RANG3D »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38213 on: June 12, 2022, 06:42:47 PM »
Played some Duke Nukem Forever 2011 today to kill the time before the Xbox show started.

Played through this once on release and enjoyed it. The game is better now though, bugs have been patched over time, you can now carry 4 weapons instead of 2 and I found an obscure mod that fixes the shaders and DOF effects so it doesn't look as washed out as it does normally.
You don't appreciate how insane this game is if you haven't played it for a while.  :doge
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #38214 on: June 13, 2022, 12:14:48 AM »
70 stars into Mario 64, been completing most of the areas up through Tiny Huge Island but now it's time to go back and get the stars I missed.

Also been playing a super-cute puzzle game on Switch (it's also available for PS4/PC/Xbox) called Freshly Frosted. It's a game where you have to place conveyor belts to make donuts. It starts out simple enough, with a great difficulty progression, but gets really tricky once you get to the middle of the 4th "box" (each "box" has a dozen stages, and there are 12 boxes, for a total of 144 stages). I just finished the 4th box.

^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38215 on: June 13, 2022, 05:37:28 PM »
Steam Demo time bois :dice

Agent 64

Neat fanmade sequel to Goldeneye. Not sure if I'm interested enough to play a lengthy game with this type of gameplay though. Then again the first level is quite awesome, sort of inspired by Nakatomi Plaza I suppose.
It lacks the updates that Perfect Dark and Timesplitters 2 had so it's literally a GoldenEye map pack. What surprised me was the CRT filter. Usually I hate such retro screen filters but this was well done.

Metal Hellsinger
Holy fuck shit, this is fucking awesome. Plays like DOOM Eternal but you have to match your actions with the music.
Try this out, you won't regret it I just realized I didn't have time to capture a screenshot because I had to keep the vocals going.
Folks playing with a high latency screen and input lag might not have such a good time. But no issue for my Samsung Odyssey  :)
Framerate wasn't perfectly smooth yet but hopefully better by the time its released.

SALECO

Fast-paced shooter made in the GZDOOM engine. A blast to play. I love everything about this game except the map. The DOOM automap sucks and it does in this game too.
Hopefully they replace it with a map that better suits the gameplay style (secrets, doors, keycards etc.). The game design is great if they can keep this level of detail throughout the game, this will be an instant hit.

FROGUN

Fun little game to mess around with inspired by classic N64/PlayStation platformers. You have a gun that is a frog that shoots a tongue that picks up objects or pulls you towards walls and stuff.
Again like Agent 64 not sure if I'm that interested to play an entire game like this but I applaud the effort.

🤴

Polident Hive

« Reply #38216 on: June 13, 2022, 11:14:34 PM »
Played those and a couple others.

Agent 64 captures the Goldeneye spirit, down to the iffy AI. Potential there.

Selaco is ambitious as shit and already pretty polished. Closer to a Build engine feel, with some shades of Half-Life 1 and System Shock/Deus Ex.

Frogun's demo was as much a puzzle game as a platformer. Fun. Simple.

Gloomwood's demo was cool enough that I stopped playing before finishing. Already sold. They game's site is jokingly called Thief with Guns... but it's Thief, and you have guns.

Slayers X is a trashy C-tier FPS from the 90s. It's a parody of something like PO'ed, as part of the hypnospace outlaw universe. It's great.

Have ten more left to try. Trepang2's demo is huge and I don't know if I'll bother.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38217 on: June 14, 2022, 04:27:07 PM »
Bother with TREPANG2 breh

You can dual wield shotguns in bullet time

This is FEAR x John Wick
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #38218 on: June 14, 2022, 08:40:17 PM »

Finished Seventh Lair - It's good, but not on the level of House in Fata Morgana. I really liked about 2/3rds of it, but the last 1/3rd wasn't as satisfying as the Fata Morgana stuff imo. It does a few neat things though.

I also like that it's about a niche videogame forum and its shitposters.

I appreciated reading the made up forum post history after finishing the story
[close]

Hot Slice

« Reply #38219 on: June 14, 2022, 10:15:38 PM »
Mario Strikers: Battle League is legit better than I thought. I"m really impressed with how smooth the game plays.