Author Topic: Mobile Gaming [Android/iOS] Thread  (Read 432356 times)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog

Upcoming game Shadow Sun looks interesting, apparently they're trying to do a traditional wrpg on iPhone...
◕‿◕

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Just bought:
Puzzle Agent
Cut the Rope
Peggle

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Cut the Rope is really fucking good.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.

EA Mobile's Upcoming Fall Games

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (iPhone(R) & iPod Touch(R)): Your iPhone or iPod Touch becomes the staging ground for the total Bad Company 2 experience, based on the best-selling console game from EA DICE. The console-level storyline tracks 14 single-player missions across 5 intensely detailed battle zones. Capture emplacements in jungle heat, winter snow, and desert dust. Feel the adrenaline-pumping intensity of room-to-room combat and also unleash devastation from the air. Utilize intuitive controls as you destroy enemies with tanks and choppers in state-of the-art vehicular combat. Go all-out in full online multiplayer mode, and get a modern-warfare simulation for iPhone(R) & iPod touch(R) that's second to none. It's good to be Bad.

Release Date: November 2010

EA Sports FIFA 11 (iPhone(R) & iPod Touch(R)): This 2011 update brings soccer fans -- Real Players! Real Teams! Real Leagues! Take the field with superstars like Real Madrid's Kaka and Manchester United's Wayne Rooney. Match up more than 500 teams from real leagues around the world and march into action inside over 30 authentic stadiums - all gloriously detailed to capture the passion and power of the world's favorite sport.

Release Date: October 2010

Game of Life (Android)

Heroes Lore (iPhone(R) & iPod Touch(R)): The worldwide mobile RPG sensation is now ready for the iPhone(R) & iPod Touch(R)! Electronic Arts legendary #1 selling mobile franchise from Korea now defines the RPG experience on the App Store. Immerse yourself in the stories of Kei and Rits as they fight for their warring kingdoms. Battle online player vs. player, or engage in advanced 2-on-2 multiplayer action. You'll need the strength! This is one hardcore RPG!

High Caliber Hunting (iPhone(R) & iPod Touch(R)): Made to maximize the visual intensity of Retina Display, focus on the strategy of the hunt as you escape into realistic natural environments and seek more than 20 types of wild game, including Bear, Moose, Boar, and smaller critters like Squirrel, Fox, Rabbit. Capture the noble feeling of the ultimate sport through your access to up to 70 real brand-name firearms and precision gear. Whether you're a dedicated or recreational sportsman, EA[TM] is proud to bring you the most authentic hunting simulation game on the App Store.

EA Sports MMA (iPhone(R) & iPod Touch(R)): A right hook to the face, a double leg take down, a triangle choke - it's all Mixed Martial Arts and it's all here. EA Mobile brings the fastest growing sport in the world to the iPhone and iPod Touch. Made to maximize the iPhone 4 and iPod touch Retina Display, experience the most authentic MMA game on the App Store, which features multiple fighting styles from Sambo to Muay Thai, includes over 20 real-life fighters (Randy Couture, Fedor Emelianenko, Frank Shamrock and more), and delivers the visceral feel of the impact with intuitive touch screen controls like only EA Mobile can deliver.

EA Sports NBA Elite 11 (iPhone(R) & iPod Touch(R)): Get the only true 5-on-5 NBA game on the App Store. Made to maximize the iPhone 4 and iPod touch Retina Display, NBA Elite 11 by EA SPORTS[TM] delivers full-court pro-hoops action with updated rosters for all 30 Association teams, over 450 favorite players and unlockable legends, the all-new 3-Point Shootout Mode, and commentary from ESPN's TV trio Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, and Jeff Van Gundy.

SimCity Deluxe (iPad): Let your inner urban planner run wild with immersive HD graphics, a bigger interactive display, and more responsive touch control than ever. Would-be planners will encounter textured terrain, animated water, and more. The iPad includes an optimized HUD For the larger iPad screen; customizable features, including drag-and-drop HUD button placement; and deeper gameplay, including simultaneous disaster strikes. It's the ultimate city building experience on iPad!

CBG

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Shit, so Monopoly is like Carcassone? Does it have proper push notifications?!?

Not sure, dude at work and his wife play it against other people over wifi.

If it's asynchronous then I may die and go to heaven. Except that I didn't get it during the sale :(
itm

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
I know Scrabble is. You can even play in real time against people using the Facebook client.
CBG

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Simcity for iPad, sweet.
brb

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Is there any revision of the touch that has a good battery life? I've acquired a nice handful of games that I think suit the platform, but they eat battery life quickly. Even the 2d stuff.
sad

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
High Caliber Hunting (iPhone(R) & iPod Touch(R)): Made to maximize the visual intensity of Retina Display, focus on the strategy of the hunt as you escape into realistic natural environments and seek more than 20 types of wild game, including Bear, Moose, Boar, and smaller critters like Squirrel, Fox, Rabbit. Capture the noble feeling of the ultimate sport through your access to up to 70 real brand-name firearms and precision gear. Whether you're a dedicated or recreational sportsman, EA[TM] is proud to bring you the most authentic hunting simulation game on the App Store.

:lol :lol :lol
©ZH

ManaByte

Cut the Rope is like the new Angry Birds. Grab it now!
CBG

Sho Nuff

The sequel to Gameloft's COD4 ripoff is apparently up. Whoever's making those games is obviously super competent. It's sad how they have to ape the look and feel of everything right down to the logos though, the games would be plenty good even if they weren't trying to confuse their audience by calling it "Modern Combat 2" instead of "Modern Warfare 2".

pilonv1

Has anyone tried Game Dev Story? Just saw it had an |OT| ( :-/ ) and it piqued my interest.

Looks interesting. It even has shitty Famitsu reviews!

itm

pilonv1

If it's XFE approved I'm in.
itm

pilonv1

I have it, will be playing it while I run reports today
itm

Sho Nuff

This game has a shitty interface but man is it fun as hell

pilonv1

I presume it doesn't do landscape? I guess that didn't bother me for I Dig It.
itm

pilonv1

Oh god this game is destroying my life and I've only played it for 45 minutes today

My Wrestling Puzzle game is shaping up nicely
itm

Sho Nuff

I am making awesome games

Bill and Ted 3 for Genesis
The Matrixtris for Game Boy
and my awesome bestselling puzzle game, NINJA BADGER

Sho Nuff

Also: Borat Wars

pilonv1

My top selling game is a reversi title that did over 5million.

My bitch staff said that a historical action game was a stupid mix of genres. Then it sold 3million. Musou that fegs.

Is there any reason to develop for multiple platforms? Seems like a waste of money.
itm

Sho Nuff

Holy fucking shit, DOSbox port! Get it before Apple pulls it!

http://toucharcade.com/2010/10/26/idos/

The dipshit who made it included pac-man and dig dug ROMs, sealing his fate, so grab it for a buck!

It runs windows 3.11 too  :lol

Corporal

I don't have an iphone or ipod, but I'm tempted nonetheless. Can I just buy this now and have it sit on my HDD until I buy a compatible device in 2015?
!list

Sho Nuff

It's been pulled. I got it though :punch

Corporal

Well fuck that. Just when I start my Mac it goes offline.  >:(
!list

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
my Action RPG "Samurai Shonuf" is very popular, but it shall soon be supplanted by guaranteed franchise "Dungeon Punch"
乱学者

Himu

What are some good adventure games?

I got Myst, Monkey Island 1 and 2, and Broken Sword Directors Cut.
IYKYK

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Mushihime-sama Bug Panic is out for $5 I think. Anyone pick it up? Looks kinda crappy.
BiSH

Himu

Surprised how well Espgaluda II controls
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Mushihime-sama Bug Panic is out for $5 I think. Anyone pick it up? Looks kinda crappy.

I did but I also decided to try Rage and Modern Combat 2, so I only messed with Bug Panic for a minute.  It's not like a typical Cave shooter and is more akin to a Pocky & Rocky style game.  You control the girl with a virtual d-pad and use your other finger as a target to fire bombs at enemies.
ど助平

Sho Nuff

Chu Chu Rocket is 3 bucks now. I think it went down in price because I definitely would have bought it at launch if it had been that cheap.

Himu

How is the port?
IYKYK

Himu

RE: Game Dev Story

I just sold a fantasy rpg sequel that went on to sell almost 4 million units. I got the runner up award at the game awards, which is what? 100k? I have won multiple awards for my games, but zero prize money. What gives? Is it honorary? I only have trophies to show for it and zero cash prizes.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:03:30 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Sho Nuff

How is the port?

It's fucking good. I think they are going to be dumping shitloads of puzzles on us in the future with new updates. The puzzles are similar to the original DC/GBA versions which I played teh ever-living shit out of but there are some slight variations. Tsubabababababa~~~

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Heads up: Rayman 2 The Great Escape is free for today only (was $5).
Unzip

ManaByte

Infinity Blade tomorrow. Reviews are godly.
CBG

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
I wonder how it'll run on the 3GS and itouch 3G, probably like shit :fbm
Unzip

pilonv1

Cut the Rope is really fucking good.

I'm fucking hopeless at this game, someone tell me how to get better
itm

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Puzzle Quest 2 is a fucking abomination. Why did I pay $12 for this shit?
Even on an iPhone 4, it looks shit, responds like shit, and has some of the worst UI I have ever witnessed on my iPhone.
I might give it a try on iPad to see if it's playable, at least.
Seriously, what a disaster.

Doesnt help PQ2 is a step down from 1... but not as bad as Galactrix
fat

Sho Nuff

HUGE fuckin sales going on. Everything from EA is 99 cents, iPhone OR iPad. I have bought a ton of them. Clue is excellent as is Yahtzee Adventures!

Also Bad Company 2 came out at 99 cents today.

Other big releases are Aralon and some Gameloft clone shit that is probably passable (Nova, Uncharted ripoff, FF ripoff)

Konami also has a sale. The Castlevania Puzzle game is 99 cents.

Post more as you find em and make Marcus cry

ManaByte

HUGE fuckin sales going on. Everything from EA is 99 cents, iPhone OR iPad. I have bought a ton of them. Clue is excellent as is Yahtzee Adventures!

Other big releases are Aralon and some Gameloft clone shit that is probably passable (Nova, Uncharted ripoff, FF ripoff)

Not everything from EA is .99 cents. UMK3 is $7
CBG

Sho Nuff

Not everything from EA is .99 cents. UMK3 is $7

Sorry, meant to say good EA games

ManaByte

Wow. BFBC looks great on an iPhone 4. Not Inifnity Blade, but definitely one of the best looking FPS
CBG

pilonv1

Monopoly is 99c now. whoooo
itm

Sho Nuff

Monopoly is 99c now. whoooo

This isn't play-by-Push-notification is it? That is one of the reasons I LOVE Carcassone and I'm wondering if any other games do the same thing.

pilonv1

I don't think so, one says "Wifi over the same network" (WTF) and another says multiplayer but I'm too scared to try it out. Will look for some reviews later.
itm

Sho Nuff

Totally distinguished mentally-challenged. I have no idea why Hasbro's pass and play games don't have this functionality.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
bought madden 11, nfs: hot pursuit, mirror's edge, c&c red alert, simcity deluxe, and bfbc2

six bucks for all that, just nuts

sup

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
bought madden 11, nfs: hot pursuit, mirror's edge, c&c red alert, simcity deluxe, and bfbc2

six bucks for all that, just nuts

How good are those games by PSP standards? 

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
graphically, better than

controls...well, how much do you hate swiping your fingers across a screen?
sup

pilonv1

I'm all swiped out after Infinity Blade
itm

ManaByte

EAs NFS games control fine. Not much screen use.
CBG

Sho Nuff

Hey you dirty hookers, I want to play more carcassone. Send an invite to McWild

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Man, you are a little German boardgame whoooore, now that you've figured out when your turn arrives, you should actually perform it.

Sho Nuff

Ja ja

Sho Nuff

hey does anyone know if it's safe to install iOS4.2 on 3G (non-3GS) hardware? Dad wants to play some of the new stuff but has been paranoid about updating.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
Wanted to pimp a game a friend of mine worked on, first release for their little rookie gaming studio.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id406369536

It's basically a cross between a platformer and miniature golf, with physics affecting your boxguy character. $0.99.
地平線

Sho Nuff

Blasting through games this Xmas vacation so I can free up some space. Just finished Hector Volume 1 (good adventure game), Rage (happy to get back 800mb -- wtf) and almost done with the Doom 3 shooter. Finishing off NOVA and Monkey Island 2 come up next.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Hook me up with a free code Hyoushi
fat

pilonv1

Man, you are a little German boardgame whoooore, now that you've figured out when your turn arrives, you should actually perform it.

itm