Author Topic: Mobile Gaming [Android/iOS] Thread  (Read 436206 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Huh. I wonder if this will be a typically inflated distinguished mentally-challenged Japanese price

Yup!  900 YENZ
ど助平

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
lol bye

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I dunno; I think 10 yanqui dolla is a reasonable price for a mobile app. This 99˘ stuff is not a sustainable model for most devs.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I dunno; I think 10 yanqui dolla is a reasonable price for a mobile app. This 99˘ stuff is not a sustainable model for most devs.

It's going to be $7.99 U.S.  Kinda pricey considering that SF4 Volt is like a dollar.
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Man, Tiny Tower is addictive as fuck.  If only it didn't take so fucking long to progress without having to actually spend money.
püp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Deathsmiles is up now, too.

KOFi is very, very impressive and plays as well as it possibly could given the limitations of touch screen controls. It blows the iOS Street Fighter IV out of the water. The animation is incredibly smooth and I've already been able to go crazy with combos in the training mode. This really makes me want the PS3/360 versions right now, lol.
ど助平

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Deathsmiles is out? Better check my phone

On an unrelated note, how about transferring games from PC to an iPhone, isn't it awesome :teehee
itm

pilonv1

cult of nintend... I mean apple
itm

Himu

I thought Tiny Tower was okay. Not that I can complain since I got it for free. I'd rather just start a new game of Game Dev Story.
IYKYK

Himu

There's some new Kairosoft game on the store that ISN'T grand prix story - Pocket Academy.

Sounds right up the bores alley:

School got you down? Wish you could change a few things? Well, now's your chance to create the ultimate dream school in this simulation smash-hit!

Tailor your personal academy as you see fit, erecting classrooms, making clubs--even deciding this week's hot couple!

How will you expand your hallowed halls of learning? Sponsor athletic meets, art shows, and other events to attract as many students as you can and elevate your school's prestige!

Will your students make it college or land their dream job? Find out with Pocket Academy!
--
Turn your device to rotate the screen, touch to scroll, and pinch to zoom in and out.

Supports iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Note: Screen rotation and zoom are only available on iPhone 3GS and later, iPod touch 2nd generation and later, and iPad.

The game now lets you switch between English and Japanese.

(Image removed from quote.)

There's a free version if you're not sure

NEED
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Guess I have to wait til I finish Wolf RPG before I can play Death Smiles, unless any of you guys know if "synching Apps" from PC to iPhone actually keeps the saved games you have on those apps when it "overwrites" them.

It should, AFAIK.
ど助平

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
I thought Tiny Tower was okay. Not that I can complain since I got it for free. I'd rather just start a new game of Game Dev Story.

Tiny Tower has become part of my everyday activities on my phone along with email, SMS, voice mail, etc.  I don't know why the fuck I'm doing it but I am.  That damn notification thing drives me nuts though.  It's like having an iphone tamagotchi.

TT is the OCD app for the insane.
Tacos

chronovore

• relapsed dev

This was my reaction as well. It's charming and fun, kinda, but I can see that it won't be an endless fascination. Hell, I'll probably just go back to GameDevStory.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
All this talk of TT got me interested and now I'm hooked.  :(

Is there a PC equivalent?
©ZH

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
I can't think of anything off hand that's a 1:1 on the PC but there's a bunch of other F2P games out there like Farmville that share the same basic structure.  But if you're looking for something else on the iphone and you've always thought to yourself that there just weren't enough games out there that featured frog fucking, then you may want to look into Pocket Frogs.  It's by the same guys that made Tiny Tower.

And speaking of Tiny Tower.....

I found this speadsheet listing all the shops, the items they carry, the ammount, and how long it takes to stock them.  Pretty handy, imo.  Just click the pic.
Tacos

pilonv1

I am playing Words With Friends, I feel dirty for buying a Zynga game :-\
itm

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I bought it too, nig. Ima send you an invite.
©ZH

pilonv1

itm

Brehvolution

omg. invite me up.

Invite me zerohero375
©ZH

pilonv1

omg. invite me up.

ok but I hate it :(
itm

pilonv1

Strange, a lot of the Australian prices went down today
itm

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
So I'm still plugging away at Tiny Tower.  Like I said before, it's just kind of one of those things I do with my phone now.  Check my messages, stock some items.  Make a phone call, stock more shit - and so on and so on.

However now that I'm reaching the 60th floor things are slowing down.  Slowing down a lot.  Floors are well over 500k a pop and construction takes more than a day to complete.  I used to build a bunch of residence floors and leave vacant spots open in each so I could move people in and out quickly and target dream jobs but now that it takes so long to build anything, I'm trying to mix it up a bit.  I've reversed my trend and started building businesses without the resources to fill them.  I figure this way if I need to demolish and rebuild it'll take less time than if I built residence floors beforehand.  Right now though I'm in a vicious loop.  I keep getting shit businesses like the Comedy Club and the Pub over and over again.  I can't tell you how bad it sucks demolishing a Pub, letting it sit for awhile, and then come back later and waste 20+ bucks to hurry production only to see it pop up again.  God I hate that Pub.
Tacos

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
I deleted Tiny Tower yester somewhere around floor 18, I realised it's just another stupid time sink.
brb

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Oh no doubt about it.  Tiny Towers is a colossal waste of time.  I feel like a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow sometimes when I'm checking up on the thing.
Tacos

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Tekken BOWL is out.  And it's free!
ど助平

pilonv1

Is it better than the XBLA effort (wouldn't be hard)
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Tekken Bowl was on XBLA?  I don't remember that.   ???  It's good...has three characters, plays the same, and uses the kick-ass Ling stage music from the PS2 TTT. 
ど助平

pilonv1

whoops I meant tecmo bowl  :-[
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Himu

Pocket Academy has a much larger learning curve than Game Dev Story. Any tips?
IYKYK

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
Groove Coaster is a pretty cool rhythm game, check it out.
brb

chronovore

• relapsed dev
I'm also on the Tiny Tower drill. Still kind of liking it, but mostly feeling like I could be doing something better with my time.  :-\

Reb

• Hon. Mr. Tired
I'm also on the Tiny Tower drill. Still kind of liking it, but mostly feeling like I could be doing something better with my time.  :-\

Trust that gut feeling, I was wasting way too much time on it, didn't miss it for a minute when I finally woke up and deleted it.
brb

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
I've been out of the loop for awhile. What's the best strategy game I should pick up for the iphone. I already have Civ Rev.

FatalT

I've been out of the loop for awhile. What's the best strategy game I should pick up for the iphone. I already have Civ Rev.

Final Fantasy Tactics.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Shining Force
fat

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish

Final Fantasy Tactics.

Jeez that is one expensive game in the app store. I was surprised when I checked out the price.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Worth it, of course. Don't be one of those iPoors
fat

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Trust that gut feeling, I was wasting way too much time on it, didn't miss it for a minute when I finally woke up and deleted it.

Yeah, I torched it and haven't regretted it once. There are several moments in the day where I think, happily, "Hey, I'm not re-stocking shelves. What a colossal waste of time that was."

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Just found a pretty sweet game in the App Store, and it's free!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/prison-enjoy/id434543603?mt=8

Prison Enjoy
"Jonson is a tough guy in prison, he kept honing his will, his strong physique, only trained out of a King Kong cover cocoon. Now he needed a friend to help him level up. Do not hesitate, Come on, Spank him! Now!"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:24:19 AM by Joe Molotov® EDGE™ »
©@©™

pilonv1

"Dude Spank Me" :lol
itm

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
a) Mega Mall Story is out.  From my limited time with it, it seems like it could be the best Kariosoft game yet.

b) Buy Zombie Gunship.  Seriously, that shit is fucking awesome.  Killin' zombies from AC-130.

[youtube=560,345]0p2ECf_c7gc&feature=related[/youtube]
Tacos

BobFromPikeCreek

:omg :omg :omg :omg

is that the one that looks like sim tower? yes yes yes yes
zzzzz

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
Yep, that's the one.

I'm liking it a lot more than the last two.  Very cool little game.
Tacos

pilonv1

Oh god this is going to destroy my life.
itm

pilonv1

There's something about Mega Mall that's much better that the other titles. Maybe it's the strategy in position stores as well as deciding which ones to use?
itm

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
My favorites:

Ascension
Battleheart
Cordy
Flying Hamster
Dungeon Raid
Forget.Me.Not
Alien Space
Warblade
Anomaly HD
Pirates!
Avadon
Aralon
Crimson Gem Saga
Mahjong Towers
Wispin HD
Mega Worm
Zenonia 2/3
o_0

chronovore

• relapsed dev
There's something about Mega Mall that's much better that the other titles. Maybe it's the strategy in position stores as well as deciding which ones to use?

I bought it based on this comment, but I'm really not feeling it for some reason. I should probably start over. My abortion of a "shopping destination" is just an unhappy stack of boxes.

pilonv1

It's easy to screw things up, how things actually work are really never explained. Plus there's a stage between 2-3 star malls where you just have to grind a bunch of hearts to get the clinic to go up to three stars. Once you get some more space and open up more shop types it becomes fun getting the combos together.
itm

pilonv1

It's not out here :(
itm

pilonv1

Dont have a JP account :(
itm

pilonv1

I know :gloomy
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Make a Japanese account.  Buy a Japanese iTunes card online.  Get game.
ど助平

pilonv1

Didn't know I could do that. Will look into it tomorrow, cheers :)
itm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Bejeweled 2 is free today.
©@©™

MrAngryFace

I just dont like Bejeweled 2, I still prefer Twist over all others. Fruit dance god damnit!
o_0

MrAngryFace

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jetpack-joyride/id457446957?mt=8

Best runner game- awesome game- a dollar wtf buy
o_0

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
starring jarosh
pcp

pilonv1