Author Topic: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk  (Read 550368 times)

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
Re: Official Thread of Flogging the Log: A Place for Better Random Talk
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »
I had a Saturday night all to myself, and just as soon as I get all settled in to watch my favorite hockey team lose, I get a screaming phone call from my ma saying the pilot light on her gas fireplace went out, the house is going to explode and I need to come over immediately.

I guess it's a good thing I wasn't drinking tonight.
fek

Bebpo

« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2009, 03:07:12 AM »
Well I got some work accomplished, so today wasn't a total waste but slacked off for too much and got distracted :X  I at least have a general outline structure:

Intro 2.5 pages
Why we want an objective standard in law 5 pages
Human nature and why we tell stories 5 pages
Storytelling in the courtroom 5 pages
What the legal system does to counter/reconcile with that 5 pages
Conclusion 2.5
=25 pages

And a got a bunch of ideas down within the broader arcs.  So tomorrow will be filling that up with substantial information and actually getting some damn research done (I'm so baaaad at actually doing research; it's like my poison).  Think I'm gonna just head down to the library when I get up with my books so I don't have distractions.  Though between a few "activities" and posterboard and stuff I can probably squeeze 20 mins out of that without a tooooon of detail.  But the more I actually get quoted and discussed, the easier time I'll have writing the actual thing.  So eh, I'll work a 10 hour research shift at the library and hope something comes out of it.  Spending monday night creating my presentation materials and baking materials.  We were told last year most of the students worked food into their presentation because eating goodies made everyone enjoy the presentation more (and took up mins!).  I already have a plan to open with food that relates to my paper for the first 3 mins -> segway to my introduction.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:13:03 AM by Bebpo »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2009, 03:14:56 AM »
Do I get some kind of black recognition for this?

It's a lot bigger than the pics make it out to be.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2009, 03:43:42 AM »
womenz  :-\

taken womenz  :-\

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »
I have a cold in one of my eyes :-\
🍆🍆

cool breeze

« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2009, 12:18:06 PM »
geez, how tall are you guys who are <130?  If you say 5 8 or taller, ima gonna start feeling stocky.

and my yaere is th moment of the day: wiret class paper 3 summary

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2009, 12:30:33 PM »
geez, how tall are you guys who are <130?  If you say 5 8 or taller, ima gonna start feeling stocky.

BrandNew has to maintain his low body weight to retain his membership in the hipster club. That or he needs to gain a lot of weight, grow a thick beard, buy a headband, and take off his shirt all the time for no particular reason.

OptimoPeach

« Reply #248 on: November 15, 2009, 12:39:39 PM »
That or he needs to gain a lot of weight, grow a thick beard, buy a headband, and take off his shirt all the time for no particular reason.

(Image removed from quote.)
hi5

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »
BrandNew must be as skinny as possible so he can fit into the latest fashion for girl jeans, like his sister's pants :teehee

Pink eye?

I don't think so.  It's just a little swollen on my eyelid.  I'm guessing it is different than pink eye because Google Images show a pink eyeball where mine is still white.  I don't know.
🍆🍆

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2009, 02:10:55 PM »

BrandNew has to maintain his low body weight to retain his membership in the hipster club. That or he needs to gain a lot of weight, grow a thick beard, buy a headband, and take off his shirt all the time for no particular reason.

(Image removed from quote.)

Veddy nice
fat

« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2009, 02:21:58 PM »
And sometimes, they'll stretch only the edges. So the stuff at the center is rightly proportioned, but the stuff on the edges is distorted like crazy. And when things pan in and out of the center of the screen, you'll see them stretch and distort on the fly. Who in the world thought this was a good idea? It's the most annoying, must distracting, most... vomit-inducing method of dealing with SD content on HD networks that I can imagine. Seriously... just show the bars.

HGTV and Food Network do this with some of their programming, and it drives me nuts. Just use the black bars, smh.
野球

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #252 on: November 15, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »
:lol

Being homeless sounds fun, until you get sleepy and want a warm place to sleep
:9

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »
Sounds fun.  I can't wait for some sleepless nights over break.  I love staying out all night and seeing the sun rise. 

my weekend was lame, as they all will be until december 18h (my last final.)  A friend texted me and wanted to go on a walk, which was a pleasant surprise.  Did that for a few hours and talked about all kinds of stuff and it was wonderful.  All the while reminding myself "she's taken, she's taken, she's taken..."   :'(   

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2009, 08:50:46 PM »
Sounds like a good night to me, Armitage.

Sorry Kranz, that type of thing sucks. :(
AMC

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2009, 09:11:41 PM »
ARM'S SATURDAY NIGHT OUT:
(snip)

I eventually find sanctuary in a 24h mcdonalds and hang out there for a bit.  This guy stumbles in who has clearly been beaten up or hit by a bus or something and is all messed up so the manager has to call a cab to take him to the hospital.  I'm just trying to not get noticed but then he comes over and points out the "20 minute max stay" sign so I buy some shitty burger so I can stay longer.  I eat it as slowly as possible but I still get kicked out a little while later.  Then I set up camp in a coffee shop and watched an episode of house on a guys laptop.  Then I got the same schtick and had to buy a $5 hot chocolate.  Eventually the sun rose and the bus came and I made it home and then slept til 4pm.  Cool story huh.

tldr: i was homeless for a night

What kind of place enforces that on a customer who doesn't look like he's homeless, spreading disease, or waiting on an illicit deal?

cool breeze

« Reply #256 on: November 15, 2009, 09:30:34 PM »
:bow UK :bow2

Not only did a new series of Top Gear start today, while finding the video online and I noticed there was also a new Doctor Who special.  what a treat.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2009, 02:08:40 AM »
was googling some research for a civil war paper and I somehow came upon this little gem:
http://weekenddad.blogspot.com/2008/01/distinguished black fellows-in-white-house.html?showComment=1225865040000#c419853914539030855
spoiler (click to show/hide)
distinguished black fellow OWNERS MANUAL

Congratulations on your purchase of a brand new distinguished black fellow! If handled properly, your apeman will give years of valuable, if reluctant, service.

INSTALLING YOUR distinguished black fellow.
You should install your distinguished black fellow differently according to whether you have purchased the field or house model. Field distinguished black fellows work best in a serial configuration, i.e. chained together. Chain your distinguished black fellow to another distinguished black fellow immediately after unpacking it, and don't even think about taking that chain off, ever. Many distinguished black fellows start singing as soon as you put a chain on them. This habit can usually be thrashed out of them if nipped in the bud. House distinguished black fellows work best as standalone units, but should be hobbled or hamstrung to prevent attempts at escape. At this stage, your distinguished black fellow can also be given a name. Most owners use the same names over and over, since distinguished black fellows become confused by too much data. Rufus, Rastus, Remus, Toby, Carslisle, Carlton, Hey-You!-Yes-you!, Yeller, Blackstar, and Sambo are all effective names for your new buck distinguished black fellow. If your distinguished black fellow is a ho, it should be called Latrelle, L'Tanya, or Jemima. Some owners call their distinguished black fellow hoes Latrine for a joke. Pearl, Blossom, and Ivory are also righteous names for distinguished black fellow hoes. These names go straight over your distinguished black fellow's head, by the way.

CONFIGURING YOUR distinguished black fellow
Owing to a design error, your distinguished black fellow comes equipped with a tongue and vocal chords. Most distinguished black fellows can master only a few basic human phrases with this apparatus - "muh dick" being the most popular. However, others make barking, yelping, yapping noises and appear to be in some pain, so you should probably call a vet and have him remove your distinguished black fellow's tongue. Once de-tongued your distinguished black fellow will be a lot happier - at least, you won't hear it complaining anywhere near as much. distinguished black fellows have nothing interesting to say, anyway. Many owners also castrate their distinguished black fellows for health reasons (yours, mine, and that of women, not the distinguished black fellow's). This is strongly recommended, and frankly, it's a mystery why this is not done on the boat

HOUSING YOUR distinguished black fellow.
Your distinguished black fellow can be accommodated in cages with stout iron bars. Make sure, however, that the bars are wide enough to push pieces of distinguished black fellow food through. The rule of thumb is, four distinguished black fellows per square yard of cage. So a fifteen foot by thirty foot distinguished black fellow cage can accommodate two hundred distinguished black fellows. You can site a distinguished black fellow cage anywhere, even on soft ground. Don't worry about your distinguished black fellow fashioning makeshift shovels out of odd pieces of wood and digging an escape tunnel under the bars of the cage. distinguished black fellows never invented the shovel before and they're not about to now. In any case, your distinguished black fellow is certainly too lazy to attempt escape. As long as the free food holds out, your distinguished black fellow is living better than it did in Africa, so it will stay put. Buck distinguished black fellows and hoe distinguished black fellows can be safely accommodated in the same cage, as bucks never attempt sex with black hoes.

FEEDING YOUR distinguished black fellow.
Your distinguished black fellow likes fried chicken, corn bread, and watermelon. You should therefore give it none of these things because its lazy ass almost certainly doesn't deserve it. Instead, feed it on porridge with salt, and creek water. Your distinguished black fellow will supplement its diet with whatever it finds in the fields, other distinguished black fellows, etc. Experienced distinguished black fellow owners sometimes push watermelon slices through the bars of the distinguished black fellow cage at the end of the day as a treat, but only if all distinguished black fellows have worked well and nothing has been stolen that day. Mike of the Old Ranch Plantation reports that this last one is a killer, since all distinguished black fellows steal something almost every single day of their lives. He reports he doesn't have to spend much on free watermelon for his distinguished black fellows as a result. You should never allow your distinguished black fellow meal breaks while at work, since if it stops work for more than ten minutes it will need to be retrained. You would be surprised how long it takes to teach a distinguished black fellow to pick cotton. You really would. Coffee beans? Don't ask. You have no idea.

MAKING YOUR distinguished black fellow WORK.
distinguished black fellows are very, very averse to work of any kind. The distinguished black fellow's most prominent anatomical feature, after all, its oversized buttocks, which have evolved to make it more comfortable for your distinguished black fellow to sit around all day doing nothing for its entire life. distinguished black fellows are often good runners, too, to enable them to sprint quickly in the opposite direction if they see work heading their way. The solution to this is to *dupe* your distinguished black fellow into working. After installation, encourage it towards the cotton field with blows of a wooden club, fence post, baseball bat, etc., and then tell it that all that cotton belongs to a white man, who won't be back until tomorrow. Your distinguished black fellow will then frantically compete with the other field distinguished black fellows to steal as much of that cotton as it can before the white man returns. At the end of the day, return your distinguished black fellow to its cage and laugh at its stupidity, then repeat the same trick every day indefinitely. Your distinguished black fellow comes equipped with the standard distinguished black fellow IQ of 75 and a memory to match, so it will forget this trick overnight. distinguished black fellows can start work at around 5am. You should then return to bed and come back at around 10am. Your distinguished black fellows can then work through until around 10pm or whenever the light fades.

ENTERTAINING YOUR distinguished black fellow.
Your distinguished black fellow enjoys play, like most animals, so you should play with it regularly. A happy smiling distinguished black fellow works best. Games distinguished black fellows enjoy include: 1) A good thrashing: every few days, take your distinguished black fellow's pants down, hang it up by its heels, and have some of your other distinguished black fellows thrash it with a club or whip. Your distinguished black fellow will signal its intense enjoyment by shrieking and sobbing. 2) Lynch the distinguished black fellow: distinguished black fellows are cheap and there are millions more where yours came from. So every now and then, push the boat out a bit and lynch a distinguished black fellow.

Lynchings are best done with a rope over the branch of a tree, and distinguished black fellows just love to be lynched. It makes them feel special. Make your other distinguished black fellows watch. They'll be so grateful, they'll work harder for a day or two (and then you can lynch another one). 3) distinguished black fellow dragging: Tie your distinguished black fellow by one wrist to the tow bar on the back of suitable vehicle, then drive away at approximately 50mph. Your distinguished black fellow's shrieks of enjoyment will be heard for miles. It will shriek until it falls apart. To prolong the fun for the distinguished black fellow, do *NOT* drag him by his feet, as his head comes off too soon. This is painless for the distinguished black fellow, but spoils the fun. Always wear a seatbelt and never exceed the speed limit. 4) Playing on the PNL: a variation on (2), except you can lynch your distinguished black fellow out in the fields, thus saving work time. distinguished black fellows enjoy this game best if the PNL is operated by a man in a tall white hood. 5) Hunt the distinguished black fellow: a variation of Hunt the Slipper, but played outdoors, with Dobermans. WARNING: do not let your Dobermans bite a distinguished black fellow, as they are highly toxic.

DISPOSAL OF DEAD distinguished black fellows.
distinguished black fellows die on average at around 40, which some might say is 40 years too late, but there you go. Most people prefer their distinguished black fellows dead, in fact. When yours dies, report the license number of the car that did the drive-by shooting of your distinguished black fellow. The police will collect the distinguished black fellow and dispose of it for you.

COMMON PROBLEMS WITH distinguished black fellows - MY distinguished black fellow IS VERY AGGRESIVE
Have it put down, for god's sake. Who needs an uppity distinguished black fellow? What are we, short of distinguished black fellows or something?

MY distinguished black fellow KEEPS RAPING WHITE WOMEN
They all do this. Shorten your distinguished black fellow's chain so it can't reach any white women, and arm heavily any white women who might go near it.

WILL MY distinguished black fellow ATTACK ME?
Not unless it outnumbers you 20 to 1, and even then, it's not likely. If distinguished black fellows successfully overthrew their owners, they'd have to sort out their own food. This is probably why distinguished black fellow uprisings were nonexistent (until some fool gave them rights).

MY distinguished black fellow bitches ABOUT ITS "RIGHTS" AND "RACISM".
Yeah, well, it would. Tell it to shut the fuck up.

MY distinguished black fellow'S HIDE IS A FUNNY COLOR. - WHAT IS THE CORRECT SHADE FOR A distinguished black fellow?
A distinguished black fellow's skin is actually more or less transparent. That brown color you can see is the shit your distinguished black fellow is full of. This is why some models of distinguished black fellow are sold as "The Shitskin".

MY distinguished black fellow ACTS LIKE A distinguished black fellow, BUT IS WHITE.
What you have there is a "wigger". Rough crowd. WOW!

IS THAT LIKE AN ALBINO? ARE THEY RARE?
They're as common as dog shit and about as valuable. In fact, one of them was President between 1992 and 2000. Put your wigger in a cage with a few hundred genuine distinguished black fellows and you'll soon find it stops acting like a distinguished black fellow. However, leave it in the cage and let the distinguished black fellows dispose of it. The best thing for any wigger is a dose of TNB.

MY distinguished black fellow SMELLS REALLY BAD
And you were expecting what?

SHOULD I STORE MY DEAD distinguished black fellow?
When you came in here, did you see a sign that said "Dead distinguished black fellow storage"? .That's because there ain't no goddamn sign.
[close]

Just read it imagining it's Uncle Ruckus.  It's so fucked up it's funny.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:14:23 AM by am nintenho »

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #258 on: November 16, 2009, 06:59:10 AM »

Update: the eye that has the cold in is completely swollen shut this morning.  I can only open it temporarily.  I wonder if I will get sent home sick.  Maybe I can wear an eyepatch...
🍆🍆

ch1nchilla

« Reply #259 on: November 16, 2009, 09:35:37 AM »
My Friday night: Go to bitchin', delicious, 8-course Italian dinner for my friend's birthday and then to my apartment for a quick power hour before we go clubbing. Winning, having a good time, watching shitty Japanese TV etc. Head to the train station to go to Roppongi around midnight to this semi-decent club that all of my friends are obsessed with but I hate (lol this is starting to sound like American Psycho). Pay distinguished mentally-challenged cover charge, check umbrella, head to the vip and order mad champagne, vodka, and redbulls. Mix all three together into some deliciously strong beverage I had never had before, start hitting on model-status girl at table next to us RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY GIRLFRIEND LIKE A TRUE JACKASS, and promptly black out. The next thing I remember, I'm being dragged out of the club by a huge African bouncer, who said something about Yakuza and girls. Next I'm throwing up out of a cab. Next I am in my bed and it is 11:00 am, and my girlfriend and birthday boy are slamming on the door telling me to open up. They had been waiting there for 3 hours. Apparently the first thing I said was "oh shit I'm in my apartment." Girlfriend is furious at me for apparently getting on every girl but her and I owe around $400 for my part of the booze. Epic Friday night fail.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #260 on: November 16, 2009, 12:20:15 PM »
Awesome night. :rock

:lol
AMC

Bacchus7

« Reply #261 on: November 16, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »
Jesus, Chris.

In really really random talk, has it ever happened to anyone else that when you look at a girl that you know somewhat, you just have this feeling that you know you've made out/felt them up before? Like it would've had to have been blackout drunk, but you still somehow know it happened? It's really weird...
DTF

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #262 on: November 16, 2009, 03:11:41 PM »
Ouch, migraine, I wish I were dead.     :'( :'( :'(

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2009, 04:23:26 PM »
I cute girl asked me for a cigarette today  :-[

:bow smoking :bow2
Drunk

Diunx

« Reply #264 on: November 16, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »
I don't mind.
Drunk

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #265 on: November 16, 2009, 04:52:25 PM »
I cute girl asked me for a cigarette today  :-[

:bow smoking :bow2

I cute boy asked me for a handjob today

:bow masturbating :bow2

Fresh Prince

• a one-eyed cat peepin' in a seafood store
« Reply #266 on: November 16, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »
You should start carrying a lighter as well, Diunx. Be all Don Draper and stuff.

Diunx

« Reply #267 on: November 16, 2009, 04:56:27 PM »
I carry a red bic lighter.
Drunk

Fresh Prince

« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2009, 05:04:13 PM »
You need a zippo.

Diunx

« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2009, 06:25:09 PM »
I just saw on the papers that this douche bag I went to high school with killed himself with his dad gun after and argument with his dad because he trashed his suv.

Now he is pathologically lying to the angels in heaven :'(
Drunk

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2009, 09:38:32 PM »
Armitage and ch1nchilla: sounds like some pretty awesome weekends.  I need to go out to a club here soon and get wasted.  I haven't done that in a while.

🍆🍆

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #271 on: November 17, 2009, 04:44:39 PM »
A dude just came up to me at 7 in the morning as I got to work about trying to find some place and being down and out and asked for money.  We don't really get that here - I think it's the first time I've ever encountered it - but I gave him $20.  Feel free to laugh at me everyone.

I did say "if you're taking me for a ride I hope you enjoy it" so I feel I'm at least one rung above the dumbest people in society.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #272 on: November 17, 2009, 04:47:06 PM »
Random dream time.

Last night, I had a dream where there was a kitten living underwater who used a straw to shoot poison-arrowed toothpicks at people. Fearsome creature.

Later, it was the second week of classes in college, but I had apparently only been to the MWF classes the first week. The Tues/Thurs (TR) classes were cancelled due to some weather event on Tuesday, and I was sick on Thursday. So I was already feeling like I was getting behind when I went to one of those TR classes the second week. When I walked in, it was my former manager where I used to work who was teaching the class. Right then, I contemplated what dropping the course would do to my plans for graduation, and I figured the worst that could happen is that they would be delayed a semester. Weighed against already falling behind and having to deal with my former manager, it seemed worth it.

Oh yeah, in real life, I graduated college 8 years ago.  :-\

Diunx

« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2009, 04:56:52 PM »
I went to some friends cd release, they rocked :rock and the place was full of hot chicks, I gotta start a band :drool
Drunk

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #274 on: November 17, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »
One Piece is pretty epic.  Crocodile just went down. 

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #275 on: November 18, 2009, 12:23:21 AM »
I just saw someone on another forum with the handle "Lussy Picker".

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If I were a mod I'd change their name to Sock Cucker.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #276 on: November 18, 2009, 12:38:06 AM »
I had to read that 4 times before I realized it wasn't "Pussy Licker"

Fresh Prince

« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2009, 12:39:43 AM »
I'd think you of all people would be the first to get it.

Bebpo

« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2009, 02:18:06 AM »

:D

If you haven't read until they've left Alabasta, DON'T CLICK
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/2719063547_7c0249508a_o.jpg

Best scene in One Piece.  Hell, best scene in any manga/anime.  This was the page where I knew One Piece would go down as one of the greatest manga ever.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2009, 03:02:25 AM »

:D

If you haven't read until they've left Alabasta, DON'T CLICK
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/2719063547_7c0249508a_o.jpg

Best scene in One Piece.  Hell, best scene in any manga/anime.  This was the page where I knew One Piece would go down as one of the greatest manga ever.

uh, this is gay. i was expecting some sort of kamehameha blast or something. weak. this is vagina anime.
fat

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2009, 09:17:05 AM »
But they are friends Demi  :'(

Or nakama with the translation I'm watching, which does the whole 'lets pointlessly leave some words untranslated thing'.

Bocsius

• is calmer than you are
« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2009, 10:46:07 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGH

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  >:(
 :gun :gun :gun :gun :gun :gun :gun :gun :gun :gun

I hate my life, my job, the world in general.

Thank you, that is all.

Bacchus7

« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2009, 11:35:18 AM »
I'm not too keen on doing laundry, especially when I have to cross my fingers about Spray 'n Washing some fake blood stains out of my jeans, some wine stains out of another pair, and salsa stains out of a sweatshirt.
DTF

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »
I have my moot trial tonight. It's a full trial and I'm the lone Crown attorney.

There is only one question: suicide before, during, or after the trial?

ch1nchilla

« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2009, 12:09:03 PM »
One mid-term and an oral presentation in Japanese tomorrow, and then TWO MORE FUCKING MID-TERMS ON FRIDAY.

Memorizing presentation now, giving it first thing in the morning then taking mid-term immediately after, then getting cracked out as fuck at a coffee shop to study some more.

Bebpo

« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2009, 12:35:01 PM »
I have my moot trial tonight. It's a full trial and I'm the lone Crown attorney.

during would give more sympathy to your client

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »

during would give more sympathy to your client
I don't have a client; I represent the state.

muckhole

• AMBASSADOR
« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »
I got called into work today 'cause the store owner is sick as a dog. When the postman dropped off the mail, he asked where the owner was, and I told him "He's home sick, hopefully not with H1N1."

That comment led to me getting a 15 minute lecture on the lies the government spreads, disinformation campaigns etc. and other tinfoil hat nuttery, using a very emphasized "THEY" before every statement. I swear he was even raising and lowering his eyebrows rapidly while he said it.

I'm going to just start signing to people that I'm deaf/mute.
fek

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »
A couple weeks ago my uncle asked me to help him sell some stuff on craigslist - one of the many negatives of being a computer literate member of this family is that I'm asked to do any and everything. So I was like sure, just tell me what you need to sell. Well...he wants to sell a rolex watch appraised for $200,000. I briefly browsed some CL posts around my area and his (Detroit metro) and couldn't find anything close to that price. He gave me some Kodak pics of the watch...so I asked for him to send me pics online so I can actually include them in the add. Still haven't heard back from him. I gave him my email, sent him on, etc he hasn't responded...I think I've covered my bases, but I have a feeling I'm going to get bitched at.

From what I understand he found the watch at an airport last year. If I lost a watch worth that much money I'd be monitoring CL/ebay/appraisal stores/etc

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2009, 02:23:37 PM »
A couple weeks ago my uncle asked me to help him sell some stuff on craigslist - one of the many negatives of being a computer literate member of this family is that I'm asked to do any and everything. So I was like sure, just tell me what you need to sell. Well...he wants to sell a rolex watch appraised for $200,000. I briefly browsed some CL posts around my area and his (Detroit metro) and couldn't find anything close to that price. He gave me some Kodak pics of the watch...so I asked for him to send me pics online so I can actually include them in the add. Still haven't heard back from him. I gave him my email, sent him on, etc he hasn't responded...I think I've covered my bases, but I have a feeling I'm going to get bitched at.

From what I understand he found the watch at an airport last year. If I lost a watch worth that much money I'd be monitoring CL/ebay/appraisal stores/etc

Tell him to take it to the guys on Pawn Stars.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2009, 02:29:14 PM »
Found it in Detroit. Maybe it would be hard to monitor sales posts, but how hard would it be for someone to monitor appraisal places? Maybe I watch too many movies but I'm kinda shocked no one has caught wind of it.

edit: ebay or a pawn shop makes more sense than CL to me

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2009, 02:58:35 PM »
It happens

*daps Malek*

Diunx

« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2009, 04:40:35 PM »
I only have two weeks left after that is Drinkcember :rock
Drunk

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2009, 05:08:26 PM »
Only two weeks here too!  w00t

Today I learnt how to do double integration. 

Shit like this

Diunx

« Reply #294 on: November 18, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »
:yuck
Drunk

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #295 on: November 18, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »
It's sexy.  Now I can find the area under a three dimensional function  :tophat

Plus the two S's remind me of a shark's penis. 

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #296 on: November 18, 2009, 05:28:47 PM »
Ok Kosma. Relax, it's just a vagina.
fat

FatalT

« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2009, 05:30:13 PM »
Lady GaGa's new album leaked today. I'm gonna have this on loop for the next two or three weeks. Ungh.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2009, 05:31:20 PM »
 :-\

Robo

« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2009, 05:34:14 PM »
Lady GaGa's new album leaked today. I'm gonna have this on loop for the next two or three weeks. Ungh.

smh
obo