Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1763381 times)

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
I'm glad to see the batsignal has worked, I hoped you fixed drinky's vulguar use of that word.
USA

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
Nintendosbooger is no troll.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
Since when am i on GAF?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
so a SERIOUS WEB FORUM THINKER goes into a backwoods forum full of hardcore elitists and tries to pimp the wii? i can also accept that he's a gawping mooncalf, too, i guess
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #364 on: December 29, 2009, 02:13:40 AM »
I'm glad to see the batsignal has worked, I hoped you fixed drinky's vulguar use of that word.

I see that all this talk of trying to become a better poster was nothing but lies.
ど助平

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
I said in 2010, it's 2009, let me enjoy my few days!
USA

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
ban until 2010
duc

Himu

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #367 on: December 29, 2009, 02:32:57 AM »
good god methodis.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #368 on: December 29, 2009, 02:38:07 AM »
I was talking about sophisticated games like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain, instead of trash like Gears of War and Halo.

xbuck can't rival this type of sophisticated gaming. :smug

[youtube=560,345]kcSFHrL55uw[/youtube]

:drake
IYKYK

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
I wonder what console Segatards migrated to after the death of the Dreamcast. The Xbox, maybe?

They're totally scattered this gen.  When Dreamcast went kaput a lot of SEGAtards migrated to Xbox, minus the Sonic fans who went to the loving arms of Ninty and the VFtards who luckily fell into the right system, the PS2.

This gen, though... they're everywhere.  HUELEN is a former SEGAtard.  Totobeni is a former SEGAtard.  Blah, sickens me just to think of it.  A handful went multiplat (those who could afford to  :tophat ) and they're probably the only sane ones of the lot.  I've noticed the single-platform ex-SEGAtards tend to be panicky and defensive, while the multiplat ex-SEGAtards tend to be aggressive and bitey.

Add the XFE and the Holy Trinity is complete.  :lol

I think the one known as Deadmeat was a diehard SEGA fan also

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
[youtube=560,345]iNzrwh2Z2hQ  [/youtube]

mashup of 2009 pop songs

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Brought to you by the Department of Safety & Public Humiliation

There's a whole series of shame-based crap like this. Most of it is reasonable enough ("don't drink on the trains" etc) but I was really pissed off by the "don't do your make-up on the train" one. Watching smoking hot Japanese chicks apply lipstick first thing in the morning is one of my few remaining pleasures in life.
I dunno, the occasional insanely hot Japanese woman sleeping on the train with her head at an angle with her mouth open like she's about to catch a faceful is also pretty pervalicious.

last gen sony fans were all :drake

this gen they're all :hurr

i laffed.

I also agree with the earlier comments that Sony fanboys have the worst time of it because Sony has really presented such an inconsistent profile. The fans can try and be excited about any press release Sony provides, but announced items have little consistency.

Their fans are like cheerleaders at a sports event where their beloved team has appeared in fancy new uniforms but is clearly unprepared for the new strategies brought to the field by their opponents, and while Sony tries to ape those  strategies on the fly the cheerleaders can't even tell if they should be calling out defense, offense, or singing some old standard while forming the traditional human pyramid.

Third

• BODY TALK
I don't really mind xbots. They play games at least.

The only fans I can't stand are ntards and pctards. Nintendo fans only play sales charts nowadays and PC elitist only play...??? I don't know what they play. I just know they spend more money on graphic cards than games.

archie4208

Sega was always overrated, even during the Genesis days.  Nintendo 4 lyfe :pimp

Third

• BODY TALK
80% of my GAF posts are made by my nephew lol.

And PC does have games. But no real great exclusives. PC tards are just annoying.

First, Second, Third names are used because I don't want to use the same name on each forum.

Third

• BODY TALK
Sure, PC has a lot of exclusive Indie flash games such as Machinarium. But no big budget releases. The last one I can think of was Crysis (flopped)

archie4208

Budget = quality now? ???  Torchlight is better than most of your $50 million budget and overly hyped in Game Informer games this year.

Third

• BODY TALK
Budget = quality now? ???  Torchlight is better than most of your $50 million budget and overly hyped in Game Informer games this year.

Torchligh is another generic Diablo clone #96587303. Who cares about that game.

If you don't like big budget games, go play Wii. Most budget releases this gen have been great. It just shows dedication from developers when they release big budget games for a platform.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:56:28 AM by Third »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
gaming on PC > gaming on console.
nat

Third

• BODY TALK
PC has the potential to be the best gaming platform. It has the best hardware. But there's hardly any good support for it. That's why I don't like PC gaming. And when there's exclusive support, it's always a rts or an obscure point and click adventure.

I also like console gaming better because it's easy. You know you can play all the games for years to come with the same hardware.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:16:47 AM by Third »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Everybody has a group of fanboys that for whatever reason annoy them more than another group. In my case it would be PC fanboys. People like brainstew, evilbore, ghst, and teknopathetic on GAF are real shitheads in that regard while at the same time being complete hypocrites since a couple of those are mods. It's okay for them to bash or crackdown on console fanboys but those 4 troll as much as anybody and if you end up trolling the PC on GAF, you're very close to a ban unlike with the same behavior directed at a console.

archie4208

Thankfully you don't have to exclusively play one or the other.  I like my 360 (for my plastic instrument games and XBLA) AND PC (for everything else) :o

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
i just like games, man, and i don't give a fuck where they come from

platform politics bore me and make me a little ashamed of the hobby, as it should any real gamer

over the holiday i'll be playing some MP Trilogy and HotD Overkill on Wii, Dragon Age and BF1943 on 360, Warhawk and LBP on PS3, and sampling any number of PC games from that bitchin' Steam sale and Prole's awesome Christmas gift

<-------------- real gamer, real awesome, real talk
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:22:04 AM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

Third

• BODY TALK
I own PS3/X360/Wii/PSP/DS

But no gaming PC because it's not worth it. Most exclusive PC games nowadays are indie games that can be played without an expensive graphics card. I cn play Dark Void and Machinarium with my PC, so no deed to buy an expensive graphic card.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:22:51 AM by Third »

Third

• BODY TALK
I don't want a shitty €75 card. I think my computer already has one. It's a GT120. I can play most games on medium setting.

If I'd become a PC gamer, I'd definitely buy a ~€400 card to get the best out of it.

Third

• BODY TALK
Can you really play all the big games (Ass Creed, MW2 etc) on max setting with a €75 card?
I don't really think so.

archie4208

Considering MW2 is based on decade old technology, you probably could! :teehee

Third

• BODY TALK
I haven't chosen anything. It came standard with my pc.  :-\

I'm just glad I can play the Orange Box with it. Tried to play Crysis. Tried..
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:44:29 AM by Third »

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
my old 4850 is dirt cheap now and could prolly play MW2 on all high.

people like me like to enjoy the finer things in life so we pay premium for the newest and best. :heart 5870 :heart
nat

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #389 on: December 29, 2009, 09:52:01 AM »
I was thinking of upgrading to a 5870 when they get back in stock (currently have 4650  :-X). I was also thinking of getting a ps3 to play uncharted 2 and demon souls.

thing is, I can only get one of these at the moment. bear in mind, I already have a semi-decent blu ray player.  

decisions, decisions

what should I do bore?

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
If you didn't have a Blu-Ray player then I would suggest PS3, but since you already have one I suggest a PC. I got a gaming fall of 2008 and I've used it a ton, plus there are some huge games coming out in the next few years (Diablo III, Starcraft II)
jon

archie4208

5870 is kinda overpriced for the performance you get.  When the 5850s come back down to $260, that would be the card to get.

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #392 on: December 29, 2009, 10:04:20 AM »
yeah, I got a ton of games on Steam that run like shit. Plus I had Divinity II for about a month (early release in yurop) but I couldn't play it coz it looks and plays terrible on my machine.

I guess I got to wait it out until the 58XXs are back in stock.

oh well, there's always torchlight, king's bounty and dragon age to play, I guess

Third

• BODY TALK
PC stuff

Yeah, my PC was €700 or €800, I dunno anymore. It came with a 1080p 24" screen. And I always choose 1920x1080 resolution when I play games. But they always run like shit. Half-Life 2 and the Episodes run great, though. But they're pretty old.

I might be getting a HD card in the future. My PC is perfectly capable, but I just don't know where to start. That's why I don't like PC gaming. It's way too complicated for me. And then there's the overclockng part with coolers etc. A bit confusing.

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #394 on: December 29, 2009, 10:07:01 AM »
oh yeah my weaksauce PC plays L4D2 like a beaut on medium.  

Valve :bow2

archie4208

Since we are talkin' PCs here: my dad is looking to build a PC which is why I'm going to use that opportunity to upgrade from the 8600GT I have (and let him use that), which card do you guys recommend? I'm really just looking for a step above the 8600 and one that'll run on a 300W PSU (one day I'll upgrade it).

I would ask at the PC building thread at GAF.  PCGAF gets alot of shit for being elitist, but they are very nice and helpful in that thread.

PC stuff

Yeah, my PC was €700. It came with a 1080p 24" screen. And I always choose 1920x1080 resolution when I play games. But they always run like shit. Half-Life 2 and the Episodes run great, though. But they're pretty old.

I might be getting a HD card in the future. My PC is perfectly capable, but I just don't know where to start. That's why I don't like PC gaming. It's way too complicated for me. And then there's the overclockng part with coolers etc. A bit confusing.

What are your other specs?  You probably have a respectable system that is crippled by your graphics card.  PC gaming is complicated compared to console gaming, but in reality it isn't that much more difficult.  

Third

• BODY TALK
Copied form my computer:

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU, E53200 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

It came with 4GB memory and 1TB HDD, GT120 and running on Vista 64-bit Home Premium

Bought the PC back in february this year. Can my PC handle the newer HD graphic cards?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
depends on what kind of slots you got in there and if there's enough room.
nat

archie4208

Also you gotta consider the power supply.  If it is a Dell or something similar, you probably got an el cheapo third rate one. :-\

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Copied form my computer:

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU, E53200 @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

It came with 4GB memory and 1TB HDD, GT120 and running on Vista 64-bit Home Premium

Bought the PC back in february this year. Can my PC handle the newer HD graphic cards?

Yep, your graphics card is crippling your system.
dog

Powerslave

bla bla bla

Third

• BODY TALK
Also you gotta consider the power supply.  If it is a Dell or something similar, you probably got an el cheapo third rate one. :-\

It's a Packard Bell Imedia D7000

But came with this screen:

http://support.packardbell.com/nl/item/index.php?i=spec_maestro_242ws&pi=platform_monitor_maestro

The normal one comes with 22". But I had it replaced with a 24" one.  :-*

But I think I;ll have to get another case 'cos the current one is pretty small and doesn't have many vents.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 10:41:19 AM by Third »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
I am a genious. You guys are now discussing how much pc sux and not PS3 sux.
USA

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
PS3 sucks and has no games.
dog

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
PS3 has ONE GAME according to Spike TV, the pre-eminent video gaming community
fat

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Metal Gear Solid 4: The Motion Picture?
PSP

Third

• BODY TALK
Here comes Trollco and demi.  :lol

X360 is shitty, guys.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Yeah, it's pretty shitty to sit here and play all these games with superior visuals and superior online play, with bigger online communities, exclusive DLC, etc. Send us your pity and your Microsoft points, please.
PSP

Third

• BODY TALK
DLC 360 had a pretty shitty 2009. It might be a good console in 2010.

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #410 on: December 29, 2009, 10:58:40 AM »

It's a Packard Bell Imedia D7000

But came with this screen:

http://support.packardbell.com/nl/item/index.php?i=spec_maestro_242ws&pi=platform_monitor_maestro

The normal one comes with 22". But I had it replaced with a 24" one.  :-*

But I think I;ll have to get another case 'cos the current one is pretty small and doesn't have many vents.

If you're gonna get a high end gfx card, chances are you'll need a new psu aswell. Open up your case to check what your psu is. Also see if there's space on the motherboard for a long card to fit. I think Packard Bell mobo's are notorious for having heatsinks or sata slots blocking space for long gfx cards to fit.

so you may need to change:

-gfx card
-psu
-motherboard

LOL PC gaming  :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
it's all worth it for the end product tho  ;)
[close]

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #412 on: December 29, 2009, 11:04:06 AM »

so you may need to change:

-gfx card
-psu
-motherboard

wow, there  goes PC gaming for me.  :lol

Himu

« Reply #413 on: December 29, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »
I wonder what console Segatards migrated to after the death of the Dreamcast. The Xbox, maybe?

They're totally scattered this gen.  When Dreamcast went kaput a lot of SEGAtards migrated to Xbox, minus the Sonic fans who went to the loving arms of Ninty and the VFtards who luckily fell into the right system, the PS2.

This gen, though... they're everywhere.  HUELEN is a former SEGAtard.  Totobeni is a former SEGAtard.  Blah, sickens me just to think of it.  A handful went multiplat (those who could afford to  :tophat ) and they're probably the only sane ones of the lot.  I've noticed the single-platform ex-SEGAtards tend to be panicky and defensive, while the multiplat ex-SEGAtards tend to be aggressive and bitey.

What about the ex-Segatards like Tsubaki who sticks with portable gaming?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:20:47 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Third

• BODY TALK
Totally forgot about SEGAy fans. Also very annoying. Most of them have become Xbox fans.

And the HUELEN thing has to be a joke character.

Himu

The original Xbox :rock
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
The original Xbox :rock

SEGA fan here, folks.
AMC

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #417 on: December 29, 2009, 11:41:58 AM »
Building powerful PCs is a science. :-\

It's quite simple, really. There's just one golden rule you have to follow:

-Don't buy Packard Bell  :P

archie4208

That is one of the big reasons why PC gaming is in the doghouse.  Manufacturers sell systems that can barely play WoW and their "gaming" systems are sold at assrape prices.  To get a high level experience, you basically have to DIY.  And I honestly can't disagree with anyone who is wary of building their own system and would rather just plug up a 360 and put in a disc.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:49:00 AM by archie4208 »

OptimoPeach

That is one of the big reasons why PC gaming is in the doghouse.  Manufacturers sell systems that can barely play WoW and their "gaming" systems are sold at assrape prices.  To get a high level experience, you basically have to DIY.  And I honestly can't disagree with anyone who is wary of building their own system and would rather just plug up a 360 and put in a disc.
You're right, although I don't think WoW is the best example of a performance-intensive game. I used to raid and do arena with high settings on a computer with a shitty stock NVIDIA, and even at its worst it would never dip below 15fps
hi5