Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1777595 times)

Himu

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #420 on: December 29, 2009, 12:44:58 PM »
The original Xbox :rock

SEGA fan here, folks.

:lol

I owned all three consoles last gen! Original Xbox is one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 12:55:02 PM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Did you feed the hamsters? The site has been slow/timing out for me all day.  :-\
©ZH

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas

SEGA fan here, folks.

I owned three consoles gen! Original Xbox is one of my favorites.

For me it was NES -> SNES -> PSX & Saturn (I got it used) -> Dreamcast -> PS2 -> Xbox 360

I've never been a whore for a particular company, thank goodness.
PS4

Himu

Re: The Outside Link Thread (All Your GAF, OA, SA, YouTube, etc. Links Go In Her
« Reply #423 on: December 29, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »

SEGA fan here, folks.

I owned three consoles gen! Original Xbox is one of my favorites.

For me it was NES -> SNES -> PSX & Saturn (I got it used) -> Dreamcast -> PS2 -> Xbox 360

I've never been a whore for a particular company, thank goodness.

For me:

GEN -> PS2 -> N64 -> PS2 -> DC -> GC -> XB -> Wii -> 360 -> PS3

Drinky gave me his saturn too! SATURN :rock
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
For Me:

NES > SNES > GEN > 3D0 > PS1 > DC > PS2 > GC > XB > 360 > Wii > PS3
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
O, throw in N64 before PS1.
USA

cool breeze

For me:

NES (for the family) -> Gameboy (Mine) -> *list of systems brother constantly bought and sold* -> N64 -> PS1

From that point I mostly just bought the systems when they came out or within two years.  The entire SNES/Genesis period was me buying games for systems I didn't know I'd have because one day the Master System would be replaced with a SNES, then replaced with a Genesis, then replaced with a Jaguar or something.  I've bought most of the older consoles I've had games for since then.

Building powerful PCs is a science. :-\

Never built any models of planes or anything? whne I was younger I used to build Gundam models as a hobby and it's pretty much the same thing as building a PC.

Only annoying part is the CPU.  I need to upgrade my CPU but I'm too lazy to do that and will hold off until I build a new PC with a larger case.  Also, all the wires are annoying.  I hate managing wires in general, but when they're all packed into a small box, it's even worse.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:08:26 PM by swaggaz »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
C64 -> Amiga -> TG-16 -> Genesis + SNES -> 3DO (lulz) -> PS1 + Saturn -> :rock DREAMCAST :rock -> PS2 -> X360

from tg-16 to the end i have owned a gaming pc, which has usually been my primary gaming source

i've owned a wii, a ps3, a gamecube, an xbox, and an n64, but i don't really count them as viable consoles, just as options to fill the rare gaps in content on real platforms
duc

Atari 7800 -> Amiga -> Gameboy -> Genesis/32X -> PC -> Dreamcast -> GBA -> PS2 -> Xbox -> SAT -> NES (my wife's childhood NES) Gamecube -> DS Lite -> PS3 -> PSP

Didn't have a lot of videogames growing up, my dad thought they were a waste. I managed to play all the good NES and SNES games at a friend's house, though. Once I got to college I went fucking crazy and bought a Dreamcast, PS2 and Xbox all on their respective launch days to make up for it. Now that I'm married and have other financial obligations, I'll probably only own one console per generation.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:19:58 PM by distantmantra »
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
i didn't have a lot of games, either, for the same reason -- my parents throught that kids/teens should spend all their time outside and playing sports. on the plus side, i learned to handle firearms and how to beat other kids with sticks!
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
oh dear, oscar; wii before 360/ps3? for shame. for shame.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
you're still my favorite gaf poster :-*
[close]
duc

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Atari 2600 -> NES -> N64 -> Weed, booze, and pussy* -> PC -> PS3 -> 360 -> wii

*Age 18-30 wasn't really spent in front of a tv or monitor for anything gaming related.
©ZH

*Age 18-30 wasn't really spent in front of a tv or monitor for anything gaming related.

Aside from FFVII on my PC, I didn't play videogames in high school. Didn't seem interesting.
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
anyone who did not own and adore the dreamcast is a shivering cockmongler who must be crucified atop the golgotha of their own awful gaming taste
duc

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
The DC was terrible, the wii >>>>> the dc.
USA

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
we've accepted your lack of taste and relevance several posts ago, no need to sell us
duc

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon

Third

• BODY TALK
SNES > Ps2 > Ps1 > NES > X360=Ps3 > N64 > Gamecube > Xbob > shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii

I've never owned a SEGA console btw.  :yuck

anyone who did not own and adore the dreamcast is a shivering cockmongler who must be crucified atop the golgotha of their own awful gaming taste

The DC got me back into gaming.

:bow Dreamcast :bow2
野球

cool breeze

dreamcast controller and hardware is baaaad even though it has so many good games.

Brehvolution

A friend had a DC. We had some fun bass fishing tournaments. That's all I remember.
©ZH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
ps2 shits all over the snes

ps2 shits all over everything that isn't the pc, mind you
duc

ps2 shits all over the snes

ps2 shits all over everything that isn't the pc, mind you

PS2 is the best console ever.

A friend had a DC. We had some fun bass fishing tournaments. That's all I remember.

In college our Sunday nights were comprised of Jack in the Box, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and Dead or Alive 2 and Virtua Tennis tournaments.
野球

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
AMC

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
ps1 > ps2

cool breeze

no one would argue that ps2 is the best console

M3wThr33

no one would argue that ps2 is the best console
Huelen.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
How many posts does it take on neogaf to be able to make a thread?  I'm still a junior and I have nearly two hundred posts.

How many posts does it take on neogaf to be able to make a thread?  I'm still a junior and I have nearly two hundred posts.

I thought it was 150 posts.
野球

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
My nerd procession, not counting IBM/x86 computers/laptops of course

2600>Intellivision>Apple IIc>C64>NES>Amiga 500>Gameboy>Lynx>Genesis>SNES>TurboExpress>Sega CD>32x>3DO>Nomad>Virtual Boy>Saturn>Playstation>N64>Dreamcast>PS2>Xbox>Gamecube>Gameboy Advanced>Gameboy SP>PSP>360>DS>PS3

Wii free and proud of it.
Tacos

drew

• sy
genesis>n64>playstation>xbox>xbox 360

i think i win the prize

and yeah thats a ps1, no ps2, i didnt play games for over half a decade

Himu

« Reply #451 on: December 29, 2009, 02:17:56 PM »
oh dear, oscar; wii before 360/ps3? for shame. for shame.
:'(
IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
nes (too hard for me at the time)
genesis (sonic and mortal kombat)
n64( I swear I played mario64 for like a year)
gameboy/gbc (pokemons)
playstation ( beginning and end of my relationship with final fantasy, tony hawk was guuuud)

3-4 year hiatus

gamecube (viewtiful joe prompted this, got back into some of the legacy n64 followups like smash melee)
gba ( I think I originally got this for metroid prime connectivity and sonic advance 2)
ps2 (katamari damacy, bunch of fighting games till I realised I was never going to like the genre)
dreamcast ( during that 3-4 hiatus there were alot of dreamcast games I always wanted to play. Hit up a used game store and got things like jet grind radio and crazy taxi)
ds (kirby canvas curse rocked the house)
psp (hot shots golf was actually too hard for me :'(  I got a hardon playing burnout for the first time but got fed up with the load times.  MegaMan 1 had fucking slowdown, alpha 3 was unplayable, and the loco roco demo sucked)
Wii (only thing I own now)

oh and this crummy laptop which can't run tf2.
sad

Himu

I always forget to add portables in any list of systems I owned.
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Atari 2600 --> NES --> Genesis --> :bow My First PC :bow2 --> N64 --> PSX --> Dreamcast --> PS2 --> Gamecube --> Xbox --> Xbox 360 --> Wii --> Sold Wii --> PS3
©@©™

drew

• sy
why are people including the wii in a list of videogame systems? :smug

Himu

IYKYK

Brehvolution

I thought it was 150 posts.
I have over 1,100 posts and still a junior. I was admitted before shitheads like woodsy and bowiez yet they are members.  :-\
©ZH

Himu

I think you were junior'd deliberately if that's the case Zero.
IYKYK

drew

• sy
someone doesnt like you

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope

For Drewsy.
HURR

drew

• sy
 :wtf

Brehvolution

I think you were junior'd deliberately if that's the case Zero.
Probably cause I posted here long before Jinfash got Bish to activate me before the great email wipe cause their system was messed up. Someone probably thinks I could be an alt account of one of the usual suspects from here.
©ZH

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #463 on: December 29, 2009, 03:17:01 PM »
Nothing came from the interview yesterday.  :'(

But I'll keep looking anyways.  :-*

So, how's everything at teh bore?

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
2600 > Intellivision > NES > Genesis > PS1 > PC > Dreamcast > Xbox > 360 > PS2 > Gamecube > PS3 > Wii > ReWii > ThreeWii

handhelds:

Mattel Sports LED games > Galaga Mini Arcade > Gameboy > Sega Nomad > Gameboy Advance SP > DS > PSP

(excepting the psp, i never kept any of the handhelds for very long)
sup

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #466 on: December 29, 2009, 03:49:50 PM »
[youtube=560,345]pr5toTGPIbE[/youtube]
:rofl

drew

• sy

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Spike Lee is a fucking idiot, but I happen to agree with his point.
PSP

drew

• sy
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's so true!

whats even truer was his comment about the site

talk about being spot fucking on

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
NES > N64 > DC > PS2* > GC* > XB* > 360 > Wii > 360

(Those are meant to be arrows, not greater than symbols)

Never been another system like it.  The PS2 is probably the best system out there but the Dreamcast was fucking awesome.

* - I bought and sold these numerous times.  I wanted to be multiplat after the DC but was too poor to afford it.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I only have a 360 and a couple of games.

I just emulate everything before that.
🍆🍆

ferrarimanf355

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Speaking of Tyler Perry I was listening to NPR the other day and some film critics were discussing the year end pictures and awards season etc.  When they got to Precious they started talking about the backlash and the controversy and how the perception that the film was exploitative was hurting any chances it had at any big awards and how perception was in turn souring the box office and it wasn't doing as well as hoped.  Interesting thing is when they were talking about the controversy the name mentioned more often than any other was Armond White.  There was no mention of anything being wrong with White or the fact that he has bizarre views that are often seen as trollish.  They talked about him as the Chairman of the New York Film Critics Circle and how he was a prominent African-American film critic and contrasted him against Ebert, the whitey.  Found it really fascinating.

Just watching the trailer showed some odd racial things. Like her wanting a "light skinned boyfriend with good hair," then apparently falling in love with a light skinned nurse. Or how the teacher who makes her open up is light skinned, as is the social worker. I didn't think much about it after first seeing the trailer, then I heard about White's comments where he confirms it. All the negative characters in the film are dark, black people, while the positive characters are light skinned.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
But Armond White also think that Next Day Air and Dance Flick are two of the greatest black comedies ever made...
dog

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
PSP

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
Can you get the link for the panel or something Cohen? Would like to listen.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
But Armond White also think that Next Day Air and Dance Flick are two of the greatest black comedies ever made...

ok, i would like to come out swinging for Next Day Air, it's really, really, really good

all the promo shit makes it look like Friday Part Whatever, but it's actually a really well done crime film with some humorous elements.  yes it has the guy from scrubs and yes, he's smoking a lot of weed, but there is so much more to this movie than just that.

seriously.  it's really well done.
Tonya

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
As far as consoles go:

NES (Birthday 1988)
Genesis (Xmas 1991)
SNES (Birthday 1994)
PS1 (Xmas 1996)
:bow Dreamcast (Xmas 1999) :bow2
Saturn (Summer 2001)
PS2 (Xmas 2001)
Gamecube (Xmas 2001, it's technically my brother's)
N64 (some time in 2003 or 4 or so?)
Xbox (Jan 2005)
Turbo Duo (some time in 2005)
Master System (some time in 2006)
Xbox 360 (Xmas 2006)
PS3 (Summer 2008)
Wii (summer 2008, was using my brother's before he moved out)
^_^