Author Topic: Meme Machine Memorial Thread of Things You Saw on Reddit  (Read 1780782 times)

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
This is me being catty but this also struck me as humorous.

I noticed in that thread where people were complaining about Sony removing linux support that a mod was going on about it and how Sony shouldn't remove features. Doesn't this concept also apply to a website (cough search features, show members last posts, show threads started by X member)

M3wThr33

But, like the PSN, NeoGaf is free!

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
This is me being catty but this also struck me as humorous.

I noticed in that thread where people were complaining about Sony removing linux support that a mod was going on about it and how Sony shouldn't remove features. Doesn't this concept also apply to a website (cough search features, show members last posts, show threads started by X member)

GAF is a free website.  Really, thats the problem I have with somethingawful.  You have to pay for different kinds of memberships.  You have your basic, and then you have one that allows search, and maybe some others- all separate price tags.  But they can ban you at any time and of course you're not getting refunded.
sad

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
While on the subject, is Jamie xxoo going to end up another cheeseburger?

She's pretty hot  :-[

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR

Weren't you going off on how m2f transgendered people aren't really women?

no...
nat

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

EmCeeGrammar

Weren't you going off on how m2f transgendered people aren't really women? I'm detecting capriciousness.

This has always kind of bothered me.  I'm all for being allowed to do whatever the hell you want to your own body, but the politicaly correct assertion that you are whatever gender you "identify" with doesn't click with my rational brain.  You still have a y chromosome or a lack of one.  Like, courtesy pronouns aside, a m2f is still a guy.
sad

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Tell him that with your face in his box, I dare you.
vjj

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
[youtube=560,345]NbghaUtVfJg[/youtube]

How did i miss this?
Mark Knight vs Underworld.

Underworld are now in their 24th year as band , though only becoming amazing in '91 as Underworld Mk 2.

Since then? 19 years of pure awesome.

:bow Underworld :bow2

You missed it because you didn't d/l my Oct 2009 promo mix  :wag :wag :wag
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 12:37:37 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Wait, what? Is that the Twitter feed of some Gaffer that got perm'ed?
:9

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon

It was. Until Evilore probably claimed copyright infringement or something.
AMC

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Evilore took a week of Business 101, he feels empowered :punch

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
:'(

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
うぐう

archie4208

I think so.  If I remember correctly, he was permabanned for linking the IRC chat when GAF was down.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

etiolate

Serious?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

Serious?

Evilore's gotta protect the NeoGAF brand, dude.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Serious?

Evilore's gotta protect the NeoGAF brand, dude.

With the flood of publicity and new members soon to come in from the NeoGAF commercial which will air on Fox News, Evilore can't have just anyone going about and claiming to speak for the community. There's a lot at a stake right now, you know.
dog

Phoenix Dark

[youtube=560,345]Ok1EllhHgoU[/youtube]
 :-\

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
White People SMH

Somehow she out "So Cold in the D"'ed "So Cold in the D"

The video would have been perfect of she missedited a scene of her step dad chasing her around the yard with a thick ass belt, complaining about her listenin' to that "negro music".
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:23:11 AM by BlueTsunami »

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
 :yuck  even fistful wouldn't do her.

EmCeeGrammar

Tell him that with your face in his box, I dare you.

His box, what?  Are you even referring to me?  But really, whose box?
sad

etiolate

the m2f's transformer vagina

EmCeeGrammar

Eww gross
sad

etiolate

but EB is pro Decepticon Vagina

etiolate

Surely.

Because you're all  :omg :-* :omg for it. Then she's all

Hold on there Starscream. . .

And you're all  :( WHY

And then she's all

How do you feel now that you know Starscream?

And you're like

Fuck it

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 04:45:23 AM by etiolate »

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
I'll respect anyone who hates the lakers.

My roommate is a lakers fan and he's from fucking Daytona.

We're watching ESPN and he's all "KOOHHHH BAYYYYYYYY!!! MY DAWG!!!"

::) Lakers "fans" ::)
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

If I were one of those riot cops I would open fire and claim a weapon malfunction afterward.
CBG

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
The cool thing about football hooligans is that they accept feminine pussies like Elijah Wood and then start learning about themselves and their obsession with violence.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Green Street Hooligans was actually a really good movie.
[close]

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
If I were one of those riot cops I would open fire and claim a weapon malfunction afterward.

that really looks quite tame though... perhaps i'm missing something, or perhaps euros are just too used to seeing full on riots over sports? :/

Most of those dumbshits don't even know what basketball is. They're only Lakers fans because the current thug style is a Kobe jersey, Raiders parka, and a Yankees cap on crooked.
CBG

Green Shinobi

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, Kilobyte.

You a Queens or Warriors fan?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:24:38 AM by Green Shinobi »

Green Shinobi

Some dude over here in Korea was telling me how he hated all Lakers fans, and how every Lakers fan he'd met was a big poser. He looked pretty fucking stupid when I told him I was born and raised in L.A. and mentioned the great Cedric Ceballos.

Green Shinobi

Thai manboys who fool you with the khap-kun-ka  :teehee

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
My old roommate, super nice dude and talented artist Mike has a design in the runnin' at Threadless: http://www.threadless.com/submission/263886/Grow_a_Pear

Vote if ya got a sec.
wha

Himu

So do you guys consider me one of those dumb douche's who like the Lakers because they're cool and in now?

Because I've been a Lakers fan ever since I was seven, I know a lot about lakers history. And I stuck by them when they were having troubles when Shaq left.

I like a lot of teams though, but the Lakers are my favorite.

It's cool so long as you're just not suddenly liking the lakers but I tend to dislike lakers in general
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I like how Wrath says he's not a fair weather fan because he toughed it out THE ONE YEAR the Lakers didn't make the playoffs. Wow, that must have been really tough for you, rooting for a perennial playoff team with arguably the best player in basketball for a whole eight months of sub-.500 basketball. :violin

Lakers fans might be worse than Yankees fans. Unless you belong to the geographic area those teams play in, or have deep family ties to either team (and not "... I watched them with my father, who is also a bandwagon douchebag!"), saying you're a fan of the Lakers and Yankees indicates you probably don't even like their respective sports.

You're just a douchebag, who roots for a popular team that has never really had to face adversity, financial struggles, etc.
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
lol, sportsfags
duc

Himu

I like how Wrath says he's not a fair weather fan because he toughed it out THE ONE YEAR the Lakers didn't make the playoffs. Wow, that must have been really tough for you, rooting for a perennial playoff team with arguably the best player in basketball for a whole eight months of sub-.500 basketball. :violin

Lakers fans might be worse than Yankees fans. Unless you belong to the geographic area those teams play in, or have deep family ties to either team (and not "... I watched them with my father, who is also a bandwagon douchebag!"), saying you're a fan of the Lakers and Yankees indicates you probably don't even like their respective sports.

You're just a douchebag, who roots for a popular team that has never really had to face adversity, financial struggles, etc.

what about jack nicholson?
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Don't get me started about celebrities. If I ever become comfortable enough financially to attend basketball games, I'm going to root for the Clippers - because celebrities just go to the Lakers games to look cool.

They're worse than the celebrities that go to the Dodgers games, typing on their BlackBerry the entire time and leave before the seventh inning. ManaByte will probably agree; even if the team is winning or if the game is close, there is a mass exodus of posers before the stretch.
PSP

Himu

I'm not sure if Jack is a poser or not because he seems to legitimately enjoy the sport and the team, but goddamit is his star treatment annoying. He's like the assistant-assistant coach :lol
IYKYK

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I think he legitimately enjoys the sport, but I still dock him points because he was born and raised in New York/New Jersey - not Los Angeles. His affiliation with the Lakers is based almost entirely on star treatment.

The only celebrity that gets similar treatment, that I can say is not a poser, really enjoys the sport and is within his right to root for his team is Spike Lee. And he's had to root for a shitty team.
PSP

Himu

Don't get me on the New York cats who root for the Lakers.

Spike :lol

Me: Haha dad, spike's at the Lakers game.
Dad: Hahahaha, probably because the Knicks are shit.
Me: hahahaha

Me: hahaha dad, the Knicks got T. Mac, you hear about that?
Dad: Hahahaha, but will it enough for Spike to come crawling back?

Trash talking celebrities and their sports affiliations is a tradition :punch
IYKYK

ManaByte

Don't get me started about celebrities. If I ever become comfortable enough financially to attend basketball games, I'm going to root for the Clippers - because celebrities just go to the Lakers games to look cool.

They're worse than the celebrities that go to the Dodgers games, typing on their BlackBerry the entire time and leave before the seventh inning. ManaByte will probably agree; even if the team is winning or if the game is close, there is a mass exodus of posers before the stretch.

Don't even get me started on the fucking Dodgers. I think I still have my old "I Hate the Dodgers" T-Shirt :D

But yea, LA sports fans (aside from the two Hockey teams and the Angels fans) are fucking posers. Completely and totally. They're also massive bandwagon jumpers. If the Lakers or Dodgers are sucking, they don't care about them at all (and the Dodgers will heave chunks this year). But if they're winning, it's riot time in downtown LA!

In LA, the Hockey fans are great. The Ducks and Kings are playing next month and glass seats are going for $455 through ticketmaster. Hockey's so small that the fans of those teams are true fans and the Kings fans also support the Ontario Reign, which is their minor league team right down the freeway near the Ontario Airport. They also don't riot.

The Angels fans are by far some of the best baseball fans for any team West of the Mississippi. They're like the Packers fans of Baseball. The closest comparison would probably be a Red Sox fan born and bread in Boston. I'm a born and bred, Dodger despising, Giants fan and I have no problem supporting the Angels - and it's not just because they do good. One, they're not the fucking Dodgers, and two when you go to an Angels game you can tell you're sitting with REAL fans and not posers. Even when they're losing people will stay until at least the bottom of the eighth. Sure, if it's a total blow out you may leave before the final out to beat the rush out of the parking lot, but at least you don't leave before the fucking seventh inning stretch.

In the Ontario Mills Mall (which is right near where the Reign play) there's a store called "The Raider Look" or something like that. They sell NOTHING but OAKLAND Raider shit. The cops, mall security, and just about everyone who isn't a dumbshit poser sports thug call the place the "Gangster GAP".

What's sad is that before I left the Bay Area, the A's fans were starting to adopt the mental distinguished mentally-challenged that infests the Raider Nation. And that's sad because you really have to be a true fan to support the A's.
CBG

Himu

Like I dunno, a month ago?
IYKYK

Himu

LA is not a remote area :lol

But yeah, I give Wrath some props because he's from Saudi Arabia. Who else are you gonna root for?
IYKYK

ManaByte

LA is the biggest television market in the entire US, and the poser sports fans there can't care enough about football for the city to have an NFL team. The area is actually large enough to support two teams, but all the posers care about are the fucking Raiders because of the brand.

USC is the closest thing LA has to a pro team and most posers only own a USC hat or sweatshirt because they think they are advertising for a condom brand.
CBG

Himu

Read the second part of my post? :P
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man

That's exactly my experience whenever I watch Lakers games.  I tend to get pretty good seats and every time I see a bunch of trophy wives who don't even know why double dribbling is a violation.  I've no idea why they paid that much to be bored.  Maybe watching the Lakers play is the cool thing to do for rich LA folks? 

Phoenix Dark

That's exactly my experience whenever I watch Lakers games.  I tend to get pretty good seats and every time I see a bunch of trophy wives who don't even know why double dribbling is a violation.  I've no idea why they paid that much to be bored.  Maybe watching the Lakers play is the cool thing to do for rich LA folks? 

Maybe they just go to watch muscular black guys do their thing

Stoney Mason

Transformers 2 was the shittiest movie I've seen in at least a decade. I was truly stunned watching it.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
To be fair, he did leave out the part where I said it was a) pretty bad and b) I would never watch it again. Selective quoting ahoy!

... also, it is nowhere close to the worst film I have ever seen in the past decade or ever. It's not even the worst "blockbuster" I saw that year.
PSP

Stoney Mason

I fully admit I don't watch crap loads of movies nowadays. Not enough time and honestly not enough interest but that movie was literally the worst thing I've seen in a long time. Far worse than the Twilight Moon's of the World or Spiderman 3 or even the B league superhero movies. All I could imagine as I was watching it was millions of dollars being lit on fire. That would have had the same entertainment and artistic value to me.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 03:49:36 PM by Stoney Mason »

Phoenix Dark

Never seen it, but I knew it was bad when friends told me "dude it was awesome. there's these robots that talk like black people, shit's bananas."

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Never seen it, but I knew it was bad when friends told me "dude it was awesome. there's these robots that talk like black people, shit's bananas."

:lol

Stoney Mason

Yep. That part was some pure Stepin Fetchit bullshit. I was shocked that it made it into a mainstream movie and I'm generally not especially sensitive to stuff like that in mass entertainment. (I always thought the Jar Jar stuff for instance was overblown) But as bad as it was that was like thing #100 out of about 1,000 things wrong with that movie.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
The shittines of the first one prevents me from watching the sequel.
Drunk

Stoney Mason

The shittines of the first one prevents me from watching the sequel.

The first is bad but the second is on a whole other level of shit. I only saw it a few months ago when I was bored.

M3wThr33

http://twitter.com/NeoGAF

:lol

So, here's the story.
I made the NeoGaf twitter account unofficially. I used it as a list before there were lists. I just followed every single person that linked their twitter account on the forums. That way you could go throw the "Following" link on NeoGaf and find them.
I got permabanned for a racist comment, but that was reduced to 3 months after realizing Dragona had her panties in a twist.
2 Days before it got lifted, NeoGaf went down. I wake up in the morning, half-asleep and see a bunch of people mentioning @NeoGaf on Twitter.
I make a post on it to go to the IRC room to get more info.
Later on I log on and see a lot of people in there and the elitist fucks idling there were none too happy with their sacred room being revealed.
The room location, FYI: studio64.yi.org #ga
Anyways, I have a private conversation with Evilore about it and we decide it's best he controls the Twitter account now. Apparently he already sent a Cease & Desist to Twitter, mentioning the account if I wouldn't give it up, before we even talked.
I then decide to log on to the forums, just to double-check my ban lift date and I saw that during the conversation he changed my ban back to permanent. All while being nice to me.
So he wanted to get control of the account AND permaban me? Fuck that. I just changed the username to NOTNeoGaf. For a while, I think he had no clue. A lot of people don't know you can change Twitter usernames at will. http://twitter.com/NotNeoGaf (I post juicy NeoGaf rumors. Lemme know if you want to contribute)

So fuck Tyler in his distinguished mentally-challenged back-stabbing ass.