Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 856233 times)

Tasty

Re: Bore Comics Thread: Avengers gender and race changes for everyone!
« Reply #3180 on: December 04, 2014, 02:46:41 PM »
oh yeah, forgot i'm reading that too
she's not really a hipster so much as "young"
she reminds me more of NYU students i see instead of actual scene kids

I think the label is more applied cause of her costume and the art style. And some of the writing. But yeah, seemed great.

:larry :goty2 :mindblown :gurl :comeon :beli :trash :shaq2 :flabbypd :hitler :brazilcry :what

Say what you want about SM3 the movie, but they nailed the suit and improved on it.

:mouf

They tried copying the comic but it came out straight trash... Just like the comic. :hitler

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3181 on: December 04, 2014, 09:04:26 PM »
The whole point of the alien costume is that it's...alien.  It's supposed to look all sleek and strange.  The movie version is literally the same costume...in black.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3182 on: December 04, 2014, 09:12:50 PM »
It looks like it's out of a BDSM club. Which isn't alien or strange to me, anyways.

parallax

« Reply #3183 on: December 04, 2014, 09:22:33 PM »
Btw guys just holy fucking FUCKING FUCKING SHIT

GRAYSON IS GODDAMN GOOD

It's so good that even my standard Andrex™ hyperbole isn't sufficient to describe it. It's literally as good as a comic can be, especially the Future's End issue and the latest one (#5.)

THE ART IS SO GOOD TOO

But the writing, my fucking god. GOD

GOOOOOOOD

THIS IS SO GOOD

a few months ago i was reading 0 DC comics because they're mostly garbage NuMetal Nu52 grim n gritty w/ the horrid house style art

now i'm reading Arkham Manor, Grayson, Gotham Academy, Multiversity and Secret Six (I miss this Gail Simone)

Grayson is that good.

It really is. Multiversity sounds amazing too, I'd pick it up if I didn't have so many comics I'm trying (and failing) to keep up with.

Hipster Batgirl also looked great.

multiversity has been damn good so far

Say what you want about SM3 the movie, but they nailed the suit and improved on it.

(Image removed from quote.)

:mouf

They tried copying the comic but it came out straight trash... Just like the comic. :hitler

i wish i could dislike a post

« Reply #3184 on: December 04, 2014, 09:32:30 PM »
whats wrong with a gimp suit

Yulwei

« Reply #3185 on: December 04, 2014, 09:35:03 PM »
Good lord that Ultimatum page wtf

edgy as fuck

parallax

« Reply #3186 on: December 04, 2014, 09:58:01 PM »
Good lord that Ultimatum page wtf

edgy as fuck

i see ultimatum as a man trying to come to terms with the death of his son.

but he could have vented better than shitting up an entire line.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:02:41 PM by parallax »

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #3187 on: December 09, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »
 :drudge

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1616556064/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Satoshi Kon's OPUS is out, please buy and support, gone too soon brehs. Now I know what some of you maybe thinking "junpei get those chinese pictures outta here" But I say to you it's Satoshi Kon.

He has two other books coming out next year as well.
Boo

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #3188 on: December 10, 2014, 02:08:31 PM »
I'm gonna go ahead and say it, Si Spurrier is the new Grant Morrison

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3189 on: December 11, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »
Savage Dragon #200 was released this week.  And Eric Larsen celebrated this by having Malcom Dragon's girlfriend move in with him, fuck him silly, then when they get interrupted by his step-sister Angel at the door, his girlfriend convinces her to make it a three way.  Then Malcom and Angel go off and beat the shit out of random bad guys while Malcom remarks that his step sister has "great tits." 

200 issues, folks!

"Are They Going To Call It Savage Dragon #200? Or The Threesome Issue?"

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:29:37 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3191 on: December 11, 2014, 10:30:52 AM »
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/12/todays-axis-7-will-retcon-scarlet-witch-quicksilver-forever-spoilers-obviously/

really marvel

We knew this was coming already -they did a teaser image with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in front of a "No More Mutants" logo- but this is even more LOL-tastic than thought and fucks up so much previous content.   :lol

This follows the last episode of Agents Of SHIELD season two:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Where they ended the season-long storyline by having Sky, Ramona, and of course the black agent who doesn't survive and dies get exposed to the terrigen mists and become Inhumans.  And it turns out that Sky is actually the Marvel TV/movie equivalent of SHIELD agent Daisy Johnson, AKA Quake. 
[close]

They are really determined to say "fuck you" to Fox and X-men and make Inhumans a thing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:09:17 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3192 on: December 11, 2014, 10:36:05 AM »
Marvel should just retcon Wolverine into being an Inhuman, lol.  :neogaf
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3193 on: December 11, 2014, 10:37:03 AM »

I posted a little while back that I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him back this way, then proceed to use this as legal means to bring him into their movies.   :lol
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3194 on: December 11, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
I don't think anyone would accept a non-Jackman Wolverine (at least, while Jackman Wolverine is still around.) Also FOX would probably go nuclear over it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3195 on: December 11, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »
I don't think anyone would accept a non-Jackman Wolverine (at least, while Jackman Wolverine is still around.) Also FOX would probably go nuclear over it.

I don't think Marvel gives a shit so long as they can stick it to Fox in a nice and legal manner.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3196 on: December 11, 2014, 11:17:50 AM »
I think FOX would definitely contest it being "legal." You can call a spade a diamond, but that doesn't make it one. Whether Wolverine is an Inhuman or a mutant, he's an X-Man.

Now, if post-resurrection he's exclusively apart of Avengers comics and stories, they might have a case.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3197 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »
Wolverine's first appearance was in The Incredible Hulk, tho.  :hitler
©@©™

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
« Reply #3198 on: December 11, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »
plz buy opus guys
Boo

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #3199 on: December 11, 2014, 12:08:26 PM »
I already didn't really like Tropic of the Sea, so my desire to read an unfinished book by Kon is pretty low.
which is a shame, because I love his films and I was hoping this would be like a Miyazaki thing where he was skilled at both
Tonya

Tasty

« Reply #3200 on: December 11, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »

And TMNT were in Daredevil, so? :hitler

parallax

« Reply #3201 on: December 11, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »

I posted a little while back that I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him back this way, then proceed to use this as legal means to bring him into their movies.   :lol

They could turn wolverine into a badoon, and they still wont be able to touch him.in the movies.

And the pietro/ wanda thing is a stretch. Max may not be their dad, but that doesnt magically make them inhumans.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3203 on: December 11, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »

And TMNT were in Daredevil, so? :hitler

But no one would want to ruin a perfectly mediocre TMNT movie by putting Daredevil in it.
©@©™

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3204 on: December 12, 2014, 04:59:53 AM »
It makes complete sense from a creative standpoint. They're following two different groups and have been about two different plot lines that are now merging. Was Avengers supposed to contain both The Illuminati and Cap's team?

Yulwei

« Reply #3205 on: December 12, 2014, 05:15:57 AM »
Just finished the first arc of Remender's Uncanny X-Force (The Apocalypse Solution)

It was really damn good. The relationship between this team is very compelling and I can't wait to see how each character will develop going forward. Fantomex was one of my favorites in Morrison's New X-Men, and I am so happy he's in this run. There was some crazy handwaving in this arc regarding E.V.A. and some of the antagonists, but I do not mind at all because Remender knows what makes a damn good team book and focuses on those things.

I love the writing because it perfectly mixes the the serious, action, funny and even the gross -
Wade feeding his flesh to Warren to nurse him back to health was one of the grossest/funniest scenes in that whole arc
[close]
- very well.

Just ordered vol 2 and I can't wait till it gets here  8)

Alright, so I got past Infinity; I'm getting kind of deep into New Avengers (issue 17), and now there's an editor's note telling me I need to read the regular Avengers series #28 before this one. But I haven't read Avengers since like #18 or so (and I read those for the purpose of keeping up to date with Infinity). So Avengers Issue 28 makes no sense.

Why can't these series just be their own things? Bouncing back and forth is annoying as fuck. At the very least the series could just be unified. Why have Avengers and New Avengers if they're going to constantly tie in together? Shit is fucking whack. Just do one Avengers series. They're both written by Jonathan Hickman, so the split doesn't even make sense from a creative standpoint. I get to a point in one series where the plot is starting to pick up, and I suddenly get informed that I need to be reading another series to make full sense of it. Fuck this shit.

I agree that comics have a lot of unnecessary tie-in and events bullshit, but in this case it's actually REALLY worth it. The world of Hickman's Avengers is huge, has many different and important players and it would absolutely not fit into a single book unless it went at a glacial pace. I got into the Avengers this year myself and I am glad I followed that "reading order" guide someone posted on another forum I frequent. All the stories in the Avengers and New Avengers are excellent and they really complement each other well. Next year it's when shit will really go down between the two books and it is going to be awesome.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:32:24 AM by Yulwei »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3206 on: December 12, 2014, 06:31:38 AM »
I feel the same. I've never followed or really cared about the Avengers, but decided to read it because of Hickman. I downloaded all of it to what was up to date as of I guess October. Read that shit quickly. I could just not put it down. Made me interested in the Marvel universe beyond the X-men. It's just so good. I've gone back and bought all of the issues(save a few) of New and Regular Avengers. Just really good stuff.

Tasty

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3208 on: December 12, 2014, 09:01:21 PM »
:bow The Bill & Ted and Beetlejuice covers :bow2
ど助平

« Reply #3209 on: December 12, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »
I feel the same. I've never followed or really cared about the Avengers, but decided to read it because of Hickman. I downloaded all of it to what was up to date as of I guess October. Read that shit quickly. I could just not put it down. Made me interested in the Marvel universe beyond the X-men. It's just so good. I've gone back and bought all of the issues(save a few) of New and Regular Avengers. Just really good stuff.

Same. I really only read Spidey and X-related comics from Marvel with a few exceptions here and there. But Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers/Avengers World run has really pulled me into the extended universe beyond those books. If it weren't for how completely dogshit Axis has been I'd say Marvel was on a roll in terms of focus and direction.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #3210 on: December 12, 2014, 10:47:01 PM »
That Free Willy cover is classic  :heh

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3211 on: December 12, 2014, 10:53:02 PM »
Haven't read it in years but I absolutely adored New Avengers back in the mid 00s with Lenil Yu on art. I think he did the first 10 issues or so? You guys should check it out if you havent. Brian Bendis was writing.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3212 on: December 14, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »
Tried reading Inferno.  Couldn't do it.  Skipped over most of the tie-in stuff, but even the main X-Men/X-Factor issues were just boring.  I don't think I'm a big fan of this era of X-Men.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3213 on: December 14, 2014, 10:49:50 PM »
That Magic Mike cover, tho. :whew
©@©™

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3214 on: December 15, 2014, 01:24:07 AM »
Late 80s X-men is so good!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3215 on: December 15, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »
Late 80s X-men is so good!

Not a fan of the "the X-Men are 'dead' and living in Australia" adventures.  I like the book after we start getting a lot of Jim Lee/Chris Claremont stuff.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3216 on: December 15, 2014, 07:29:47 PM »
DC 2015 NEWS

Ending in March:

- Batman Eternal
- Earth 2: World's End
- The New 52: Futures End
- Batwoman
- Swamp Thing
- Green Lantern: New Guardians
- Green Lantern Corps
- Red Lanterns
- Infinity Man and the Forever People
- Secret Origins
- Star Spangled War Stories Featuring G.I. Zombie
- Trinity of Sin
- Worlds' Finest
- Arkham Manor
- Aquaman and the Others
- Klarion
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Three

Other info:

- Convergence starts in March at #0
- Batman: Earth One sequel by Geoff Johns, Gary Frank and Jon Sibal starts in May
- Justice League #40 is a prequel issue to Geoff Johns' "The Darkseid War"
- Batman story arc "Endgame" will conclude in March with issue #40 and cross over with Arkham Manor, Detective Comics, Batgirl and Gotham Academy that month
- Green Lantern #40 will bring a "status quo change" that ends the previously mentioned GL books
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:48:20 PM by Tasty Meat »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3217 on: December 16, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
Wow, the Green Lantern books are getting decimated.  Surprised Sinestro wasn't canceled too.

A little sad to see the New 52: Future's End and Earth 2: World's End series ending.  They've been fun.  Earth 2 much more so than Future's End, but still.  But I guess Earth 2 continues in its monthly.

World's Finest getting canceled is no surprise.  A few months back they completely changed the book up -Power Girl and Huntress returned to Earth 2 and became part of those books- and made it about early stories featuring Superman and Batman teaming up.  The Earth 2 Superman and Batman.  No idea what they were thinking there.  "Let's tell stories about two characters we killed off in Earth 2 #1!"  Although they've already brought Supes back and hinted that Batman may be back too.  :dizzy
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3218 on: December 16, 2014, 08:10:16 AM »
Vertigo is launching a new anthology miniseries called "Strange Sports Stories," which will include work from former WWE Champion CM Punk, Brian Azzarello, Paul Pope, Gilbert Hernandez, Nick Dragotta and more.

LOL
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3219 on: December 16, 2014, 10:16:54 AM »
I could never get into the Earth  2 stuff. It seems like it could be a fun universe with what-if stuff, maybe like Ultimate in concept, but DC has none of the commitment necessary to keep the continuity in check like Marvel does with Ultimate. The entire universe can be (and has been) wiped out at a moments notice and then rebooted later on.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3220 on: December 16, 2014, 11:31:51 AM »
I could never get into the Earth  2 stuff. It seems like it could be a fun universe with what-if stuff, maybe like Ultimate in concept, but DC has none of the commitment necessary to keep the continuity in check like Marvel does with Ultimate. The entire universe can be (and has been) wiped out at a moments notice and then rebooted later on.

It's not what-if, though, and characters have crossed-over.  If I have this right, there's only one Apokolips/Darkseid/etc. so the stuff happening with them on Earth 2 has an effect of sorts on Earth 1.  It's easy to keep up with since everything is restricted to essentially two books. 

Marvel is the one fucking up with their Ultimate universe.  Ultimatum fucked up everything.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3221 on: December 16, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »
Yeah, there's only one Darkseid. Reading up on it, seems like he steamrolled Earth-2 before moving onto Earth-0?

Also, in reading up on this, "Earth" looks like a really funny word to me now. :lol

Apokolips and New Genesis, among others, exist outside the "multiverse bubble," according to Grant Morrison's ongoing series Multiversity.

Also, Superboy is coming back in March's Teen Titans. Hopefully they undo some of the asinine things Lobdell pulled with him. I want my Red Robin/Superboy bromance damnit!

Tasty

« Reply #3222 on: December 17, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »
I just bought all the issues in The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul today, got super nostalgic for pre-New 52 stuff all of a sudden. And man... I miss this Tim Drake. :(

parallax

« Reply #3223 on: December 17, 2014, 05:48:49 AM »
I just bought all the issues in The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul today, got super nostalgic for pre-New 52 stuff all of a sudden. And man... I miss this Tim Drake. :(

they really built a head of steam with ras and red robin, and then just tossed it in the trash for nu52.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3224 on: December 17, 2014, 08:21:55 AM »
Yeah, there's only one Darkseid. Reading up on it, seems like he steamrolled Earth-2 before moving onto Earth-0?

Sort of.  Earth 2 #1 starts off as the aftermath of a huge war with Darkseid's forces.  Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are dead as are a lot of other super heroes.  Darkseid still has some forces on earth and new heroes/villains get established, then Darkseid and co. start heading back to Earth again to finish the job, which is where the series is now. 

Also, Superboy is coming back in March's Teen Titans. Hopefully they undo some of the asinine things Lobdell pulled with him. I want my Red Robin/Superboy bromance damnit!

I wonder if it will be the 'original' clone or a new one...
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3225 on: December 17, 2014, 09:35:35 AM »
Batman #37 is out and it's pretty big in scope. Capullo's art is really something to look at, and I don't know how but Snyder's making the Joker even creepier here than in Death of the Family. The first two issues of Endgame were a little more exciting, but I'm still really keyed into where this is all leading to. Joker isn't playing around anymore.

I'm not convinced this issue and possibly the remaining ones aren't just some fear toxin-induced fever dream after how #36 ended. We'll see I guess. For now Snyder's earned enough of my trust to not pull that shit that I'm assuming it's all real.
[close]

they really built a head of steam with ras and red robin, and then just tossed it in the trash for nu52.

I mean, I can look at the Red Robin series as sort of a climax, but yeah. Tim hasn't had a chance to stretch his legs at all. I don't know if it's actually a rule but I have a feeling DC sort of mandates a Robin being part of the Teen Titans. =/

And I guess it works, I wouldn't be reading TT right now if he wasn't on them.

Sort of.  Earth 2 #1 starts off as the aftermath of a huge war with Darkseid's forces.  Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are dead as are a lot of other super heroes.  Darkseid still has some forces on earth and new heroes/villains get established, then Darkseid and co. start heading back to Earth again to finish the job, which is where the series is now. 

It's a cool premise, though a little dark for what Earth-2 usually is. At least it'll have its own identity without the big three (though you said they brought Supes back...)

I wonder if it will be the 'original' clone or a new one...

Ugh. =/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3226 on: December 17, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »

It's a cool premise, though a little dark for what Earth-2 usually is. At least it'll have its own identity without the big three (though you said they brought Supes back...)

That's how it started and was one of the big reasons why I really liked it, but things have kind of been changing lately.

Will spoiler-tag this in case anyone cares:
Trying to keep this brief, basically all three die saving the world.  Forgot what happened to Supes, Wonder Woman gets stabbed, and Batman blows himself up after detonating a bomb (he has to be the one to trigger it) that stops something from happening.  Can't remember what that is...maybe it was boom tubes.   Early stories about Superman and Batman are now in World's Finest, but that book is being canned as you mentioned already.

With all this going on, Supergirl and Robin (Batman and Catwoman's daughter) end up in a boom tube that takes them to the New 52 Earth, and their story continues in World's Finest, with them taking the identities of Power Girl and Huntress.  The two eventually meet up with Robin (Damien), Supergirl, and Superman and Batman before finally finding a way to get back to Earth 2. 

Wonder Woman has not come back, but her daughter, Fury, is around and initially was on Darkseid's side, but switched after a bunch of shit happened, mainly with her master, Steppenwolf, getting killed pretty violently by...

Superman has come back twice now.  The first time, he was a bad guy and pretty much spent a number of months just kicking the absolute shit out of all the superheroes and ruling the world.  He was finally killed and then the good guys found out he was some kind of fake.  The supposed real Superman was then found deep inside a hidden lab filled with Superman clones.  He may be powerless now.

There is another Superman.  This is a black Kryptonian was kept hidden and freed by the other superheroes.  He was initially a pacifist but finally started fighting and is in a relationship with Powergirl, cuz why not?

Another Batman showed up and was revealed to be Thomas Wayne, who takes some drug that gives him enhanced strength so he can keep up in his old age.  He's addicted to the drug.

With the original Superman found, they hint that someone has the power to resurrect dead heroes, so it's possible Batman and Wonder Woman will show up again.

Lois Lane died, but was resurrected inside an android body and is the Red Tornado.

Dick Grayson is married to Barbara Gordon.  Dick is an average joe and Barbara is a cop.  Barbara just got killed off in a recent issue. 

John Constantine is now on Earth 2 (why I don't know, it's from his own series which I still need to read) and looking for a way back.  When some big tidal wave is coming and people get on a train to escape, Dick gives John his kid and stays with Barbara's corpse because I have no idea why.

Mr. Terrific, from the New 52, is also on Earth 2 for whatever reason.  We know he makes it back to the original Earth because of the Future's End biweekly book.  In fact, if that's canon and not something that they end up making irrelevant (the future gets changed, blah blah blah), all the Earth 2 people end up on the original Earth as refugees from the Darkseid war.

The other notable heroes are Green Lantern (Alan Scott- who is now gay, but that is pretty much meaningless since his boyfriend got killed immediately and there's no other mention of his sexuality until his boyfriend comes back as an Earth elemental and holy shit this is getting complicated), The Flash (Jay Garrick), Hawkgirl, and Dr. Fate, but despite playing a big role previously, over the past year or so the focus has shifted to Earth 2 Batman, Superman, Red Tornado, and crew, although it is an ensemble book.

The last issue of Earth 2 also saw Huntress get turned into one of Darkseid's furies.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:29:09 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3227 on: December 17, 2014, 03:08:18 PM »
That's how it started and was one of the big reasons why I really liked it, but things have kind of been changing lately.

Will spoiler-tag this in case anyone cares:
Trying to keep this brief, basically all three die saving the world.  Forgot what happened to Supes, Wonder Woman gets stabbed, and Batman blows himself up after detonating a bomb (he has to be the one to trigger it) that stops something from happening.  Can't remember what that is...maybe it was boom tubes.   Early stories about Superman and Batman are now in World's Finest, but that book is being canned as you mentioned already.

With all this going on, Supergirl and Robin (Batman and Catwoman's daughter) end up in a boom tube that takes them to the New 52 Earth, and their story continues in World's Finest, with them taking the identities of Power Girl and Huntress.  The two eventually meet up with Robin (Damien), Supergirl, and Superman and Batman before finally finding a way to get back to Earth 2. 

Wonder Woman has not come back, but her daughter, Fury, is around and initially was on Darkseid's side, but switched after a bunch of shit happened, mainly with her master, Steppenwolf, getting killed pretty violently by...
[close]

Not bad stuff. I like the idea of Huntress on a journey to get back to her world.

Superman has come back twice now.  The first time, he was a bad guy and pretty much spent a number of months just kicking the absolute shit out of all the superheroes and ruling the world.  He was finally killed and then the good guys found out he was some kind of fake.  The supposed real Superman was then found deep inside a hidden lab filled with Superman clones.  He may be powerless now.
[close]

Getting a bit towards convoluted territory... Though a de-powered Supes reminds me of Flashpoint.

There is another Superman.  This is a black Kryptonian was kept hidden and freed by the other superheroes.  He was initially a pacifist but finally started fighting and is in a relationship with Powergirl, cuz why not?
[close]

...Steel?

Another Batman showed up and was revealed to be Thomas Wayne, who takes some drug that gives him enhanced strength so he can keep up in his old age.  He's addicted to the drug.
[close]

Owlman? This also sounds like a Flashpoint thing.

With the original Superman found, they hint that someone has the power to resurrect dead heroes, so it's possible Batman and Wonder Woman will show up again.
[close]

Ugh.

Lois Lane died, but was resurrected inside an android body and is the Red Tornado.
[close]

:mindblown OK this is straight up Looney Tunes shit.

Dick Grayson is married to Barbara Gordon.  Dick is an average joe and Barbara is a cop.  Barbara just got killed off in a recent issue. 
[close]

I did see that (have a finger on the pulse of everything Bats-related.) Seemed pretty dramatic.

I dunno if they're my OTP but it makes sense that they'd be together. In Batman Eternal Babs tried to get with Jason and Jason was all "Gurl plz, everyone knows you love Dick." (insert phil face here.)

John Constantine is now on Earth 2 (why I don't know, it's from his own series which I still need to read) and looking for a way back.  When some big tidal wave is coming and people get on a train to escape, Dick gives John his kid and stays with Barbara's corpse because I have no idea why.
[close]

OK this is just stupid. The same thing happened on Lost and it pissed me off then too.

Mr. Terrific, from the New 52, is also on Earth 2 for whatever reason.  We know he makes it back to the original Earth because of the Future's End biweekly book.  In fact, if that's canon and not something that they end up making irrelevant (the future gets changed, blah blah blah), all the Earth 2 people end up on the original Earth as refugees from the Darkseid war.
[close]

There is a 0% chance it isn't totally retconned in some way. Like they'll never have Bruce not be Batman for any allegedly "permanent" amount of time. His whole Future's End book dealt with him having a permanently broken back and using Lexcorp to clone himself. :lol Yeah, I don't see that popping up in Detective Comics or Batman proper, ever.

(Also they'll never give Tim Drake such a major role in the DC universe as he has in Future's End, even though he totes deserves it. :'( )

The other notable heroes are Green Lantern (Alan Scott- who is now gay, but that is pretty much meaningless since his boyfriend got killed immediately and there's no other mention of his sexuality until his boyfriend comes back as an Earth elemental and holy shit this is getting complicated),
[close]

Getting?

The Flash (Jay Garrick), Hawkgirl, and Dr. Fate, but despite playing a big role previously, over the past year or so the focus has shifted to Earth 2 Batman, Superman, Red Tornado, and crew, although it is an ensemble book.

The last issue of Earth 2 also saw Huntress get turned into one of Darkseid's furies.
[close]

Sounds like it's gotten completely away from its initial appeal. :lol
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:12:44 PM by Tasty Meat »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3228 on: December 17, 2014, 03:43:39 PM »

I really liked the period of DC comics from Infinite Crisis - Flashpoint. I read a ton of stuff during that time, bought a ton of trades too.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3229 on: December 17, 2014, 03:45:34 PM »

Getting a bit towards convoluted territory... Though a de-powered Supes reminds me of Flashpoint.

The reason why is that his power was being used, like a battery, to power evil machination shit and presumably to make the clones.
[close]

...Steel?

Nah, Steel is not a Kryptonian.  This guy is literally black Superman, powers-wise.  I suspect they will keep OG Supes powerless and have black Supes take his place.

Owlman? This also sounds like a Flashpoint thing.

Nope. 
Actually Thomas Wayne as Batman was done in Flashpoint, yeah, but this version acts differently-- the Flashpoint version was the only Batman.  This version is Batman #2, after his son was Batman for years.
[close]

Owlman is on New 52 Earth, BTW.   :) He's one of the Earth 3 villains still around.

:mindblown OK this is straight up Looney Tunes shit.

I will give it to them on this one because Lois' father is an army general and did this to save her.  His New 52 counterpart did the same thing to create Metallo.

Sounds like it's gotten completely away from its initial appeal. :lol

It's a LOT different than when it started, yeah, but it's still a fun read.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3230 on: December 17, 2014, 05:09:21 PM »

I really liked the period of DC comics from Infinite Crisis - Flashpoint. I read a ton of stuff during that time, bought a ton of trades too.

Same here. That was kind of my golden age. Tim Drake stuff was never better, and his new costume...

:lawd Fucking minimalism man. It's not quite Nightwing-levels but it's by far the best "Robin" costume ever and shits all over what they have Tim wearing now.  >:(

And the in-universe explanation? "They were his colors" (after Superboy died.) Laaawwwd.

I absolutely loved Infinite Crisis. The other crises don't come close for me. :heart I still reread it every so often.

Nah, Steel is not a Kryptonian.  This guy is literally black Superman, powers-wise.  I suspect they will keep OG Supes powerless and have black Supes take his place.

Well I figure if they haven't introduced Steel into New 52 (have they?) then that might be one of the retcons they do. A Kyrptonian Steel might actually not suck so hard.

Nope. 
Actually Thomas Wayne as Batman was done in Flashpoint, yeah, but this version acts differently-- the Flashpoint version was the only Batman.  This version is Batman #2, after his son was Batman for years.
[close]

Owlman is on New 52 Earth, BTW.   :) He's one of the Earth 3 villains still around.

It's technically not the same Owlman though, right? I mean if we're talking about the same dude from the end of Night of the Owls.

I will give it to them on this one because Lois' father is an army general and did this to save her.  His New 52 counterpart did the same thing to create Metallo.

So basically Cyborg's new origin story?

It's a LOT different than when it started, yeah, but it's still a fun read.

I'll keep an eye out and check it out if a cool new arc starts up.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #3231 on: December 17, 2014, 05:27:54 PM »
Wasn't New 52 Steel introduced in a sidestory from New 52 Action comics #1? Although I stopped reading a New 52 a while back, they've probably retconned that away by now.
WDW

Tasty

« Reply #3232 on: December 17, 2014, 05:38:07 PM »
According to wiki

In the rebooted continuity of The New 52, John Henry Irons first appears in Grant Morrison's Action Comics as a young scientist working on the government's "Steel Soldier" program. He retaliates after seeing the mistreatment of Superman by Lex Luthor (who was under the command of General Sam Lane to torture him). Irons immediately quits. When John Corben goes on a rampage after donning the government's "Metal 0" suit, John Henry aids Superman in fighting him off by using his own prototype armor for the first time, uploading a virus into the Metal 0 suit that he designed specifically to shut it down in the event of the user going rogue.

Meh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3233 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:27 AM »
Yeah, Steel is in New 52.  I don't read Action Comics, but I did read through the whole "Superman Doomed" mini series that ran through all the Superman and related comics, and he was totally doin' thangs in his Steel armor.

It's technically not the same Owlman though, right? I mean if we're talking about the same dude from the end of Night of the Owls.

This is the "real" Owlman.  As in, he's called "Owlman" and is the Earth 3 Bruce Wayne equivalent. 

So basically Cyborg's new origin story?

No, seems to be different, like whatever they did made him go bonkers and become a bad guy.

They also made Lois Lane turn into a female Brainiac.  Green skin, costume, and all.  She gained psychic powers too, but all that was taken away by the end of Superman Doomed.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #3234 on: December 18, 2014, 10:54:31 AM »
I wish I could throw stones but it's not like the Bat-books are any less crazy. :lol

Also the Owlman thing reminded me of Lincoln March. I wonder if Snyder's going to use him in his last arc after Endgame.

Tasty

« Reply #3235 on: December 18, 2014, 11:06:40 AM »
Batman and Robin #37 spoilers:

OK, this has broken through my cold, indifferent exterior and actually warmed my heart. Goddamnit.

I was so against them bringing him back, like I am for any character since it reinforces how death is meaningless in comics. But I was especially against it here because it's been what, two years? Less? At least Jason didn't come back until Infinite Crisis rebooted things seven years after he died.

But fuck it. Damian's back and he has super powers. And I'll let it slide because damnit, look how happy Bruce looks there.
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #3236 on: December 18, 2014, 11:11:57 AM »
Batman #37 spoilers:

They've played with Joker knowing Batman's identity for quite a while now. I remember it being teased at the end of the Death in the Family story arc (when Bruce and Joker interact at the UN.) And it was teased earlier in Snyder's run when Joker clubbed Alfred, and he left a card inside the Batcave.

But here, for the first time in canon, is it confirmed. (Well it was kind of confirmed earlier in the issue when the Joker sets up Joe Chill to kill a family outside a "Zorro theater" set.)
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #3237 on: December 18, 2014, 10:52:49 PM »
Front pages for Batman #15 and Batman #37 compared.

[close]

Snyder and Capullo... fuck is there a better team in comics right now? :lawd

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3238 on: December 18, 2014, 11:20:09 PM »
 :o

I need to get to reading that already!

So re: Death Of Wolverine.  Remember the mini series about the Weapon X program people?  One of them took off the gas mask he was wearing in an earlier issue and had Logan's face, plus old memories.  So was he a clone?  Did Wolverine's mind merge with him? 
The answer is none of that!  They were just fucking with us-- it's Wolverine's old master/foe Ogun, transferring his consciousness into the poor guy and taking over his mind. 
[close]
  Issue #4 got really, really fucked up in regards to the rest of the characters, too.  The last issue is next month and I don't think it's gonna end well for this crew.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3239 on: December 18, 2014, 11:25:12 PM »
Spider-Woman is getting a new costume.  It's being used in a cartoon (or game?) first, then will be introduced into the comics next year.

I don't really like it.  It's not too terribly bad, but for recent awesome-looking female Spider character costumes, Silk and Spider-Gwen do it better.  This costume reminds too much of Wonder Woman's redesign from right before the old DC universe ended and just doesn't fit the character, IMO.  If anything, I'd just take the original costume and make it look like a Shield uniform with a mask or something.  This new costume also seems like a rejected female version of Hawkeye's current duds.

If you think the above image looks OK, fine.  Now let's see it when drawn by someone else.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:29:28 PM by bork laser »
ど助平