Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 825196 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads
« Reply #4860 on: February 07, 2018, 10:04:34 AM »
shots fired at Sean Hannity out of nowhere in this weeks Justice League

etoliate was right :brazilcry

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4861 on: February 07, 2018, 11:37:35 AM »
shots fired at Sean Hannity out of nowhere in this weeks Justice League

etoliate was right :brazilcry
:confused
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #4862 on: February 07, 2018, 12:30:09 PM »
And walking dead was absolutely savage on hillary.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4863 on: February 07, 2018, 12:34:43 PM »
So was Vanquish.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4864 on: February 08, 2018, 12:15:11 AM »
White Knight #5
spoiler (click to show/hide)
LMFAO

[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4865 on: February 08, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
Savage Dragon #231:

The titular "Sex Doll" on the cover starts the book out by screwing some dude and then murdering him after she clamps down so hard on his junk that it gets cut off.  She then tosses him out the window and we get a lovely illustration of her dropping his severed cock out of her cooch.

Nope...not surprised anymore.  This issue continues to focus on Malcolm Dragon and family doin' thangs while being filmed by a reality TV crew.  The issue also ends with Malcolm going out and fighting multiple "sex dolls" who beat the shit out of him and that's it his part of the story, AKA nothing matters there.  What this story should be called is "Dragons everywhere."

Back in Chicago, we see a weird shark-like woman (female Mako!?) bust through a wall and beat up an old lady who is taking care of a baby.  The baby is a baby Dragon (is this the same one that killed Malcolm's former classmate who he knocked up during one of his threesomes, after it burst through her stomach?  Who knows!) and she calls it her kid...after changing back into Alison Summers, the evil Dart.  OK, that's something new.

Then the rest of the book focuses on the nude trio of Alex, Jennifer, and Angel who are continuing to wander/fight in Dimension X.  Last time they got caught by a bunch of big-dicked aliens and were put into a cage, only to be confronted by formerly-dead Malcolm Dragon's mamma Rapture, the electricity-wielding former prostitute, who tells them that there's a bunch of dead Angel and Jennifer corpses everywhere (wut), which I guess means Mr. Glum clones or maybe multiverse stuff.  Can't tell.  But it appears they're all dead from being fucked?  I dunno, it's what I expect from the book now.

Suddenly one of the alien dudes starts taking out the others and punches Rapture out.  He takes off his mask and it's...Malcolm Dragon.

A different Malcolm dragon, looking a bit younger.  WUT
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #4866 on: February 08, 2018, 12:41:00 PM »
I feel like I need to go back and start reading savage dragon (again, for the first time since 98)

When did it start going off the damn rails? Erik Larsen has went insane somewhere along the way.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4867 on: February 08, 2018, 01:17:22 PM »
White Knight #5
LMFAO

[close]

Did they forget to include the panel where Bruce puts on his Bat-shirt, puts the robe back on all so he can look like a tough guy pulling off a pink robe?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4868 on: February 08, 2018, 02:01:01 PM »
I'm glad you noticed, that sequence is two pages :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4869 on: February 09, 2018, 10:17:42 AM »
Batman #40
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #4870 on: February 09, 2018, 01:33:16 PM »
Detective Comics #973

RIP Clayface.

Why is Batwoman always such a bitch lol.

Future Tim was right!
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4871 on: February 09, 2018, 04:09:24 PM »
I feel like I need to go back and start reading savage dragon (again, for the first time since 98)

When did it start going off the damn rails? Erik Larsen has went insane somewhere along the way.

Maybe around two years ago or so.  You can see the book slowly go into "fuck comics code...we near x-rated now!"  :lol
ど助平

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4872 on: February 10, 2018, 10:37:06 PM »
Savage Dragon #231:
(Image removed from quote.)

The titular "Sex Doll" on the cover starts the book out by screwing some dude and then murdering him after she clamps down so hard on his junk that it gets cut off.  She then tosses him out the window and we get a lovely illustration of her dropping his severed cock out of her cooch.

Nope...not surprised anymore.  This issue continues to focus on Malcolm Dragon and family doin' thangs while being filmed by a reality TV crew.  The issue also ends with Malcolm going out and fighting multiple "sex dolls" who beat the shit out of him and that's it his part of the story, AKA nothing matters there.  What this story should be called is "Dragons everywhere."

Back in Chicago, we see a weird shark-like woman (female Mako!?) bust through a wall and beat up an old lady who is taking care of a baby.  The baby is a baby Dragon (is this the same one that killed Malcolm's former classmate who he knocked up during one of his threesomes, after it burst through her stomach?  Who knows!) and she calls it her kid...after changing back into Alison Summers, the evil Dart.  OK, that's something new.

Then the rest of the book focuses on the nude trio of Alex, Jennifer, and Angel who are continuing to wander/fight in Dimension X.  Last time they got caught by a bunch of big-dicked aliens and were put into a cage, only to be confronted by formerly-dead Malcolm Dragon's mamma Rapture, the electricity-wielding former prostitute, who tells them that there's a bunch of dead Angel and Jennifer corpses everywhere (wut), which I guess means Mr. Glum clones or maybe multiverse stuff.  Can't tell.  But it appears they're all dead from being fucked?  I dunno, it's what I expect from the book now.

Suddenly one of the alien dudes starts taking out the others and punches Rapture out.  He takes off his mask and it's...Malcolm Dragon.

A different Malcolm dragon, looking a bit younger.  WUT

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4873 on: February 13, 2018, 02:31:49 AM »
batman white knight - March 7
batman - Feb 21
mister miracle - Mar 14
Dark Nights Metal - Mar 14

:goldberg

Tasty

« Reply #4874 on: February 13, 2018, 09:14:26 AM »
Tec and Superman - every two weeks :rejoice

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4875 on: February 13, 2018, 01:25:54 PM »
batman white knight - March 7
batman - Feb 21
mister miracle - Mar 14
Dark Nights Metal - Mar 14

Dang  :'(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:37:13 PM by Purple Filth »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4876 on: February 13, 2018, 02:50:07 PM »
Did I miss an issue of Mister Miracle it was it delayed? March feels like a long time

benjipwns

« Reply #4877 on: February 13, 2018, 08:24:42 PM »
Did I miss an issue of Mister Miracle it was it delayed? March feels like a long time
pre-planned skip month for the artist

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4878 on: February 13, 2018, 11:46:39 PM »
I'm happy to let Tom King recharge, even if it is through happenstance cause Mitch wants a rest #DreamTeam. He does a lot I care about and he's coming up with a new concept I know I'm going to love too.

benjipwns

« Reply #4879 on: February 14, 2018, 12:54:02 AM »
Tom's apparently not taking the month off, it's just for Mitch because of his prior schedule, and they decided the mid-point of the book was a good place to have it so that they can run the second half non-stop. And IIRC, Tom writes way ahead of normal comic schedules and then alters them later with the artist, he's probably already written all of Mister Miracle. He had to just kill off whole Grayson arcs because it was ending.

Ultimately the breaks are a choice I've come to allow even if it's more than a month break, where like Saga or Invincible and other indies are soliciting entire arcs, then they go on six month breaks. Because I mean, look at this fucking METAL situation. AND Doomsday Clock which was originally planned to run straight for a year and is now 18 months for 12 issues or whatever, and that's currently.

benjipwns

« Reply #4880 on: February 14, 2018, 01:02:15 AM »
speaking of Invincible, the final issue is this week

also Kick-Ass returns, with only six variant covers, that's one more than Killer Instinct #5 this week, the same amount as Xena #1 but one less than Sheena #6 and two less than Barbarella #3 which wins the week with eight variants

dynamite entertainment :lawd

also D.C. is doing another printing of METAL #1 with a GOLD SIGNATURE COVER whatever that means

Danger Zone is also doing things:
DANGER ZONE
Baby Badass #1 (Cover A Tim Larsen), $3.99
Baby Badass #1 (Cover B Dan Mendoza), $3.99
Baby Badass #1 (Cover C Dan Mendoza Risque Variant), $3.99
Black Betty #1 (Cover A Michela Da Sacco), $4.99
Black Betty #1 (Cover B Michela Da Sacco Battle Damaged Variant), $4.99
Black Betty #1 (Cover C Marco Maccagni), $4.99
Black Betty #1 (Cover D Marco Maccagni Tattered & Torn Variant), $4.99
Black Betty #1 (Cover E Dan Mendoza), $4.99
Black Betty #1 (Cover F Dan Mendoza Risque Variant), $4.99
Zombie Tramp #44 (Cover A Celor), $4.99
Zombie Tramp #44 (Cover B Celor Risque Variant), $4.99
Zombie Tramp #44 (Cover C Tony Fleecs), $4.99
Zombie Tramp #44 (Cover D Tony Fleecs Risque Variant), $4.99
Zombie Tramp #44 (Cover E Dan Mendoza), $4.99
Zombie Tramp #44 (Cover F Dan Mendoza Risque Variant), $4.99
NEED A TATTERED AND TORN RISQUE VARIANT

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4881 on: February 14, 2018, 02:32:35 AM »
Breaks? Comic fans know nutting about no breaks, have you ever heard of hiatus x hiatus?  :snob

[close]

Tasty

« Reply #4882 on: February 14, 2018, 08:35:06 AM »
Fyi for your Metal fix, the tie in "Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt" is out today.

Tasty

« Reply #4883 on: February 14, 2018, 08:36:38 AM »
Breaks? Comic fans know nutting about no breaks, have you ever heard of hiatus x hiatus?  :snob

[close]

Don't talk to me or my son HxH ever again :bolo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4884 on: February 14, 2018, 08:37:13 AM »
Invincible #144 (the final issue):

This is a double-sized issue that to me says "we shouldn't have ended it here and still would have had a lot more story, so here's a glimpse at what would have happened if this continued on."

The issue begins with a multi-page summary of a number of events that happened throughout the comics.  Mainly just the Viltrumite stuff.  I'm not sure why since it's not like there's going to be many new readers on the last issue.

Mark goes off into space to play emperor to his people and leaves his bastard kid Marky on earth.  Then we get a timeskip and teenage Marky gets an Invincible costume and goes off to fight crime.

Mark's daughter Terra also grows up and is shown flying around space in her own Invincible costume.

The brain of Robot is lonely.  (that's all we get)

Some kid with a pet fox from another dimension pops up and blames Mark for killing his father or whatever.  Unless I missed something, it isn't shown what the resolution here is.

Older Mark has been leading his people towards ending wars and making the universe a more peaceful place.  For some reason one-eyed Allen doesn't like this and thinks it's bad because planets want to leave the coalition.  We see them fighting each other and Allen remarking that Mark was right in like one page.  :lol 

Atom Eve is shown on her deathbed (from old age), dies, and then immediately comes back young again.  Remarks that she must be immortal.  OK.

We see the result of a fight between Mark and Marky back on earth.  Looks like Marky became kind of an asshole and hated his dad for "abandoning" him even though he has an adopted father.  Now he's reformed.

Mark turns the Viltrumites into a force for good and it appears that the final page ends a good 500 years later. 
[close]

Not a bad last issue or anything, but at the same time nothing spectacular for an ending.  I see what could have been a lot of material for some good stories featuring three Invincibles in different settings- Mark as a leader in space handling huge planet-sized problems/wars, Terra doing her own thing off in space, and Marky on earth.  Oh well- Kirkman is moving on with Oblivion Song starting in March.
:idont
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:43:17 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #4885 on: February 14, 2018, 11:06:32 AM »
they sure let morrison run wild with wild hunt :lol

Tasty

« Reply #4886 on: February 14, 2018, 11:28:03 AM »
Oh shit Morrison wrote it? :lol *immediately opens in Comixology*

benjipwns

« Reply #4887 on: February 14, 2018, 11:35:32 AM »
it's credited to the standard METAL tie-ins team of Snyder, Tynion and Williamson plus Morrison, but it's also obvious he probably wrote at least 90% of it :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #4888 on: February 14, 2018, 11:38:43 AM »
DARK BABY UNIVERSES
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4889 on: February 14, 2018, 12:05:18 PM »
I keep forgetting countdown clock is a thing

Tasty

« Reply #4890 on: February 14, 2018, 12:07:20 PM »
The delays on Metal and DC have really deflated my excitement for them. Metal more so because of all the tie-ins and it feels like they announced it fucking ages ago. Just... end it brehs.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4891 on: February 15, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »
I really liked Metal's Wild Hunt issue. This issue is so consequential though. Like how can you possibly read Metal #6 next month without having read this one? I love the unapologetic Grant Morrison fuckery happening throughout it too.

And over in Detective, I hope the end of this issue means that Cass is on the road to becoming Batgirl again, what with ripping the thing off Batwoman's chest and all. I also hope it means Batwoman goes away soon. I've never liked Kate Kane and the whole military angle. Historically it's also always felt like she was entirely disconnected from the other Bat titles (until recently with her prominence Detective).

Tasty

« Reply #4892 on: February 15, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »
Yeah I had almost forgotten how crazy Morrison can get, each page was so dense and wild I usually had to re-read it to get what was happening. :lol

Guess the Red Death is... dead. :idont

Also the mini-universe explosion reversed his polarity so he's good, but it didn't do shit to the Flash or the other Bat-dude? It was clearly shown that they were all hit at the same time in the same strength... :idont

And yeah this really should be Metal #5.5 or something. Don't see how #6 can ignore this stuff without going totally off the deep end...

Also, am I right in that they've done jack shit with that Sandman character despite teasing him in one panel early on??

Tasty

« Reply #4893 on: February 15, 2018, 02:37:05 PM »
And over in Detective, I hope the end of this issue means that Cass is on the road to becoming Batgirl again, what with ripping the thing off Batwoman's chest and all. I also hope it means Batwoman goes away soon. I've never liked Kate Kane and the whole military angle. Historically it's also always felt like she was entirely disconnected from the other Bat titles (until recently with her prominence Detective).

How did you get that from what Cass did?

Barb is still Batgirl I believe, that's the main issue right now. And she basically has her Batgirl costume just with more ninja and less S&M.

Agreed on Batwoman. She's always come across as a sanctimonious jackass... looks like the next arc is gonna be a reckoning for her ("The Trial of Batwoman.")

In any case I'm still in love with the group angle Tec has had since Rebirth. Keeps things fresh and moving briskly, even if some stuff (*cough Steph cough*) comes across as too soap opera-y.

Purple Filth

« Reply #4894 on: February 15, 2018, 06:24:19 PM »
they sure let morrison run wild with wild hunt :lol

Yep   :jawalrus

Once again The Batman who Laughs is too OP, pls nerf

it's credited to the standard METAL tie-ins team of Snyder, Tynion and Williamson plus Morrison, but it's also obvious he probably wrote at least 90% of it :lol

Well
it's about multiverse stuff and he linked The Multiversity to it so i doubt his level of involvement can be denied
[close]
:lol :lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:36:20 PM by Purple Filth »

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4895 on: February 16, 2018, 10:02:56 AM »

How did you get that from what Cass did?

Barb is still Batgirl I believe, that's the main issue right now. And she basically has her Batgirl costume just with more ninja and less S&M.

I'm hoping the act of tearing it off her chest and Kate getting a new emblem is symbolic and foreshadowing to Cass becoming Batgirl/Batwoman is all. Akin to her saying, "I'm taking this from you and will show you how it's done." As much as I don't like Barb being Batgirl still, I'd rather see her graduate to Batwoman and Cassie pick up the Batgirl mantle again. I doubt that'll happen though, as they're currently using Babs as a vehicle to draw in younger or more female readers.
It would be nice though.

As for the whole positive matter thing – if we put on our comic book scientist helmets, we can deduce that there is no good left in any of the other Batmen, whereas Red Death still had good in him by way of Barry.

Tasty

« Reply #4896 on: February 16, 2018, 11:39:55 AM »
Interesting. And Flash has no evil in him then either?

This is just as arbitrary as that Marvel Axis shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #4898 on: February 17, 2018, 07:46:46 AM »
Sasha upgraded (literally after fusing with Brother Eye) to bangin' Mr. Terrific and becoming Black Queen.

Checkmate and Shadowpact were too good for this world.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4899 on: February 17, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »
Shadowpact was so good. It needs to be brought back, and used to retcon those awful changes they made to Phantom Stranger where he was god damned Judas.

Freyj

« Reply #4900 on: February 17, 2018, 02:10:44 PM »
Just caught up on Metal after taking a break around November and I'm not sure what the christ just happened in Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt. I love me some Morrison but that's some comics ass shit.

I really want to just wait out Doomsday Clock now because I'm not sure I remember everything that happened earlier in this event.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4901 on: February 18, 2018, 02:32:39 PM »
Shit, Morrison is back to DC? I dont follow comics news since a while so this is a surprise to me.

Maybe I will follow comics again.

kingv

« Reply #4902 on: February 18, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »
Just caught up on Metal after taking a break around November and I'm not sure what the christ just happened in Dark Knights Rising: The Wild Hunt. I love me some Morrison but that's some comics ass shit.

I really want to just wait out Doomsday Clock now because I'm not sure I remember everything that happened earlier in this event.

I agree with both of those statements. I’m glad to find out it’s not just me.

Tasty

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4904 on: February 20, 2018, 02:17:36 PM »
I'm still in awe at how badly Marvel fucked up the post-Secret Wars stuff.

THE MARVEL UNIVERSE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME BECAUSE IT WAS LITERALLY DESTROYED
*Goes right back to status quo as if nothing even happened*

Like how do you not at least take the opportunity to be like, Nick Fury has always been a Samuel L. Jackson lookalike?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4905 on: February 20, 2018, 02:25:24 PM »
MARVEL COMICS ANNOUNCES A LINE-WIDE OVERHAUL IN 2018

...again?? :thinking

LMAO  :lol

But at least this is more of a creative team thing.  Good to see X-Men characters in that artwork and LOLSPOILERS with (real) Wolverine and Miles-Spidey there.  And wow, actually showcasing THE THING. 

Also notice that apart from Ms. Marvel (who I almost wouldn't count in relation to the other comics)...there's no Inhumans.
:rollsafe
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4906 on: February 21, 2018, 12:12:33 AM »
Eh, I think sans Axl Alolso this might work, but im going to give it a good 2 years before i bother reading anything Marvel again

Tasty

« Reply #4907 on: February 21, 2018, 12:20:08 AM »
Doomsday Clock #5 is out in June :dead

Tasty

« Reply #4908 on: February 21, 2018, 01:47:16 AM »

Kurt Russell

« Reply #4909 on: February 21, 2018, 05:36:22 AM »
Who wins? This or Bishop's coloring book?

woke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4910 on: February 21, 2018, 07:42:52 AM »
DC Comics Cancels Super Sons With #16

:goty2 x 1000

Kind of looks like they're just scrapping everything for Bendis.  I still don't see him doing very well with Superman but maybe he'll surprise me- but if he were doing New Super-Man it would be perfect...and that's the one book he's not on, lol.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #4911 on: February 21, 2018, 09:22:24 AM »
Bendis is taking two of my fave books away. I haven't even read any of his shit yet but FUCK HIM.

Also, now I'm really worried for Jon (and Lois.) Would have been hard to fridge them with Super Sons ongoing, but now? Ugh.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4912 on: February 21, 2018, 09:39:36 AM »
You should be afraid.

Tasty

« Reply #4913 on: February 21, 2018, 11:35:09 AM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #4914 on: February 21, 2018, 12:13:13 PM »
Bendis can be a decent to good writer at times, but give him the Superman titles feel like a disaster waiting to happen.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4915 on: February 21, 2018, 01:05:45 PM »
Bendis was pretty trash at marvel over the last half a decade, showed moments of absolute brilliance in there though. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4916 on: February 21, 2018, 02:15:49 PM »
Bendis was pretty trash at marvel over the last half a decade, showed moments of absolute brilliance in there though.

Depends on the book.  He was consistently good on Spider-Man.  I think he does it best when he's dealing with solo or more "self-contained" characters and stories.  If he wants to take Superman out of the DC universe and do his own thing Harley Quinn-style, then maybe it will work...but I just don't see his type of writing and dialogue going very well with that particular character.  Maybe he will do great though.
:idont
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4917 on: February 21, 2018, 02:26:12 PM »
Bendis is taking two of my fave books away. I haven't even read any of his shit yet but FUCK HIM.

Also, now I'm really worried for Jon (and Lois.) Would have been hard to fridge them with Super Sons ongoing, but now? Ugh.

I think Bendis would actually be great if he were writing Super Sons or especially a Superboy book starring Jon.  That's actually perfect for him.  Or an Earth 2 book where he can do whatever with those currently-unused characters.

While on the subject, underwear-on-the-outside-the-pants-Superman costume is back?
:donot
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4918 on: February 21, 2018, 03:10:20 PM »
:bolo

Tasty

« Reply #4919 on: February 21, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »
:bolo cosigned

Sorry not sorry breh, the New 52 tech suit was trash-tier. I could not stand the douchebro popped collar either.

Reborn costume was great, but a belt just isn't enough to break up a unitard. Just look how weird his crotch is here:

(And before you start in with "But a good artist..." New 52 suit was trash despite being drawn by the greats. Reborn suit looks weird in the crotch area no matter who's drawing it.)

For some reason it works on Bats, maybe because it looks like he's wearing pants and not a onesie? In any case the blue pajama look just doesn't seem right without something there. It could be trunks, it could be something else, but it needs to be more than just a belt IMO.

Superman is a goofy alien. Who gives a shit if he's a briefs guy? :idont

They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. :rejoice
[close]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:38:46 PM by Tasty Meat »