Author Topic: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!  (Read 205623 times)

Bebpo

Re: Evilbore Mecha Gaming Thread: All Mecha, All The Time!
« Reply #420 on: January 04, 2011, 11:43:41 PM »
Ok, I didn't notice a few other new sprite series.  I'm less disappointed as it has a decent number of new sprites (though I wish they were doing Gurren S2 since that's where most of the totally insane mechs are)

New sprite series:
Traida G7
Votoms
Gundam Wing
OO
Geass
Gurren
Mazinger
Dancougar
Dancougar Nova
Mac F
E7 movie

As long as there is no loading, I'll be ok with this I guess.

« Reply #421 on: January 04, 2011, 11:48:05 PM »
Mr. Bushido and Susawono is up. I was reactivating my accounts and saw it on the JP store.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2011, 02:05:22 AM »
I should be upset or something that Z2 sounds like it will be more like the DS games with PS2 graphics and not hardcore challenging like OG Gaiden or anything, but you know I actually really like the DS games because they are quick and easy and fun and just pure enjoyment with no frustration.  Sit back, enjoy the story, enjoy the animations/music, and go blow everything up. 

Lack of squads are a probably though with just being able to use all the units.  Even K had at least 2 person squads, seems weird there is none here.

Bebpo

« Reply #423 on: January 11, 2011, 11:21:04 PM »
Mere hours until the Z2 trailer.  I NEED THIS.  HURRRRY

« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2011, 11:24:36 PM »
Is there a new Famitsu this week? It has yet to leak.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #425 on: January 11, 2011, 11:25:18 PM »
I'm rewatching the Z first PV to see what to expect and man, I hope the Z2 one doesn't start with FIVE MINS OF CG  :-\

Bebpo

« Reply #426 on: January 11, 2011, 11:25:53 PM »
Is there a new Famitsu this week? It has yet to leak.

There is, a bunch of crappy games like visual novels and animal crossing clones.  Nothing mecha so far

Bebpo

« Reply #427 on: January 12, 2011, 12:29:51 AM »
IT'S UP
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Bebpo

« Reply #428 on: January 12, 2011, 12:36:27 AM »
not a single sprite in the PV.  Namco Bandai fucking sucks

Bebpo

« Reply #429 on: January 12, 2011, 12:40:42 AM »
All I want is some freaking reassurance that the visuals aren't going down in quality from Z despite the move to inferior hardware.  Is that so much to ask Scamco?  Give me 30 seconds of OMG AWESOME animation to prove that.

« Reply #430 on: January 12, 2011, 12:40:46 AM »
Still annoyed that it's on a portable, but I'm kind of excited.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #431 on: January 12, 2011, 12:45:49 AM »
I'll be excited after I see the actual game in motion  :punch

Bebpo

« Reply #432 on: January 12, 2011, 01:05:44 AM »
I can't believe they're actually charging $5 more for the first press edition with the box to hold both parts and a "what happened previously in SRW Z" pamphlet. 

I swear Scamco is the scummiest publisher in Japan.

Bebpo

« Reply #433 on: January 12, 2011, 02:09:28 AM »
So I've been comparing the cast lists and Z2 is actually a lot better than I thought.

Series dropped from Z:
-Eureka Seven
-Mazinger
-Great Mazinger
-Grendizer

Series added since Z:
1. God Mars
2. Shin Getter Robo Armageddon
3. Shin Mazinger Z
4. Gundam Wing
5. Trida-G7
6. Dancougar
7. Dancouger Nova
8. Gundam OO S1
9. Geass S1
10. Gurren Lagann first half
11. Macross F
12. Votoms
13. Dai-Guard
14. E7 movie

So 14 all new storylines + new sprites for units/monsters.  Pretty solid entry.  If Z2-2 adds a minimum another 4-6 series it'll be a huge list.

In comparison, Z had 20 series although CCA doesn't really count since it was just 2 units iirc.  So 19 storylines + units.

Bebpo

« Reply #434 on: January 15, 2011, 01:50:05 AM »

I mentioned it in the gaf thread, but I think it's interesting how the proportions in the main SRW entries are getting further and further away from SD and toward realistic proportions.  Not sure which I prefer.  Gotta wait until I see stuff like this in motion.

cool breeze

« Reply #435 on: January 15, 2011, 01:52:39 AM »
I like that change.  SD gundam stuff was always cool mostly because it was like a party for mechs that you don't normally see (until ACE and a few other games).  It would be better if they were more like the initial designs.  Though that picture of wing is a nice compromise.

also, Another Century's Episode PSP came out last week I think.  Anyone check that out?

« Reply #436 on: January 15, 2011, 01:55:35 AM »
Not yet. Seeing how I rarely ever play my handhelds, I'll be holding off on ACE Portable, SRWZ2 and SD Gundam G Generation World until I can get them cheap.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #437 on: January 15, 2011, 02:14:59 AM »
ACE Portable just doesn't interest me.  It's like if Peace Walker had no story missions and was just a VR mission pack re-using assets from the previous games.  There's really not much (or at all) "new" in ACE Portable and with no story missions to guide the game from start to finish...no interest.  If I want to just hop into a mission and blow stuff up I can still play ACE3 which looks better, controls better and has vocal songs! 

Plus ACE:R being bad kind of burned some bridges between me and the ACE team.  Especially when import games cost so damn much right now.

Bebpo

« Reply #438 on: February 01, 2011, 09:02:14 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #439 on: February 01, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »
Also, I forgot to post this, but lots of good info came out over the weekend:

AT and KMF's armor are so weak that they can die from just one hit. (with no upgrade)
Chirico is really strong, but his first Scope dog is really really weak. It gets 'bit' better with Custom Scope dog.
Chirico doesn't talk much. Most of his quotes are ....
Votoms and Code Geass will appear together a lot and have many cross over.

On Terada's latest message with 2nd PV being finished, he mentioned that he got a game over while testing out the game because he wasn't thinking straight due to lack of sleep. He mentioned that he wasn't suppose to let the red unit die. I was guessing what that unit was, but it seems like it would be Karen's KMP.

>Terada has been very busy most projects are SRW related. He's going to try and take it easy because he doesn't want to deteriorate his health.

>Shin Mazinger was a welcomed change since it'll represent the mazinger saga from now. I wonder how it will work with Great Mazinger.

>Change Shin Getter Armageddon - Terada always wanted to use this version in a proper SRW since D. He's making sure the staff gives all the love it deserves
Quick notables
>Eureka 7 will be a new world and story
>Aquarion events will change in Z2
>Zeta Gundam is the 1980s version
>Amuro has a new mean look because of the events of Z2
>Possible secret units if time allows it
>UMD size isn't an issue, loading time was, so they added a install game feature to reduce loading time and be apar to SRWZ
>They worked hard to make Gundams cut-ins as dynamic as possible. Terada noted that 00 will shine in this.
>New Animations for the original SRWZ cast and new Dynamic Kills
>Animations will change like in SRWZ if you fly or you're in ground. It was hard to do for ATs.
>PV2 should be out by end of Feb if not sooner

And finally
>The moment gurren lagann became available , Anno wasted no time to call Terada. Terada said "I think it was 2am..i was still in the office eating Cream Wafer Chocolate with Tea, I picked up the call and Anno's first words "So you got any space left for those SRW for gurren lagann? " I think that made up for the bad day I had It made me quite happy to know we could finally use Gurren Lagann in a new SRW game"

>Terada said the reason they chose PSP for (Terada wanted it for PS3) was because it would cost less to produce such a massive game and it was the best place to put the game. there was a lot of argument because of the system they wanted Z2 to be in.

>Terada said that Wii/PS3/3DS/PSP are the best choices for future SRW right now.

Regarding gundam shows.
ZZ is a no show because of some Story issues and licenses between sunrise and bandai. Sunrise and bandai have something big planned for ZZ but nothing other than that was said.

>V Gundam won't appear *yet*
>Wing Gundam will have it's plot covered they won't jump straight into EW
>Gundam X will have a few tweaks and fixes
>Turn A Gundam will play a big role
>New CCA units might appear
>They are waiting for Bandai and Sunrise to finish with Gundam UC so they *may* add it in a future SRW

One last thing Terada hopes to bring out about 6 SRW games this year alone

>Terada's favorite shows of recent years were Godannar, Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Shin Mazinger

>Terada wants to give Godannar the big screen treatment

>Terada thinks that SRW getting exposition in the west is a good thing. He also notes that the western gaming market has too many guns games.

This one is VERY interesting

>Terada read Fukuda's twitter and said "Well, I felt Destiny left me empty when it ended, the mecha designs and characters were enjoyable but the story not so much. I did what a lot of people wanted to see done to destiny...and it's too bad that Fukuda doesn't agree. But in a professional level, one most improve other works for it to be successful"

>Terada is pleased to see how people do a lot of Fan related SRW material. he says he saw a picture where a SRW game (fake) had a bunch of tv shows that he didn't even thought about. That thanks to the fans and their art AND dedication him and his team have been trying to bring forward their dreams.

>Terada answered Gunbuster and Diebuster will appear in SRW at one point but in his own words "I want to see how Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster and Diebuster would fit in it. It should be a lot of fun seeing these shows together" [[size=15t]YES YES YES YES[/size]]

>Finally before the end of the event Terada said that OG3 is no secret it is in works but the fans have to wait a bit longer for the announcement. This will be the year of Super Robot Wars.""

bolded important stuff

Bebpo

« Reply #440 on: February 01, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »
Also for context about the twitter thing:

When Z2 was announced Fukuda (SEED Destiny director [wife wrote the script]) twittered about how he didn't like them using Destiny because they re-wrote Destiny's plot in Z and he's like "if you aren't going to accurately portray the story, why use it at all" and he was all U MAD.  See in SRW Z Terada re-wrote the entire 2nd half of SEED D into a GOOD GUNDAM.  Shinn's character is completely different and not a stupid douche loser and the ending isn't terrible.  It was great! 

« Reply #441 on: February 01, 2011, 09:57:38 PM »
>Terada said the reason they chose PSP for (Terada wanted it for PS3) was because it would cost less to produce such a massive game and it was the best place to put the game. there was a lot of argument because of the system they wanted Z2 to be in.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #442 on: February 01, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »
Blame Japan consumers abandoning consoles and focusing on handhelds :\

« Reply #443 on: February 02, 2011, 12:06:15 PM »
Blame Japan consumers abandoning consoles and focusing on handhelds :\

Yep.
野球

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #445 on: February 02, 2011, 11:09:43 PM »
chome
hounds?
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #446 on: February 04, 2011, 12:36:35 PM »

« Reply #447 on: February 04, 2011, 12:42:21 PM »
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 got announced for NA. Summer release.
野球

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #448 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »
But I need MISTAH BUSHIDO now...

:(

« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2011, 12:51:01 PM »
But I need MISTAH BUSHIDO now...

Then import it, you dirty poor.
野球

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #450 on: February 04, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »
I don't fancy playing Japanese games.

« Reply #451 on: February 04, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »
I don't fancy playing Japanese games.

August isn't that far away.
野球

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #452 on: February 04, 2011, 04:33:15 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #453 on: February 09, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »
So while playing the Cherudim DLC I finally got Paptimus and Haman to rank 5 and unlocked the last 5 second mission for Zeta which seem like nothing but filler to force you to grind those 2 up to rank 5 since you already did that battle at the end of Camille's Zeta history mission and get the same CG scene.

So now I unlocked a whole bunch of other history missions.  Did the 0083 ones and they kind of sucked!  Only two missions and mainly just Kou screaming GATOOOOOOOOOOO like a little wimp.  At least the units are always fun to play as.  I think I have ZZ, CCA, and F91 unlocked now.  Will do them sometime when I'm in the gundam action mood or when the next DLC comes out.  What I want are the G Gundam, Gundam X, SEED Destiny, and OO history missions but it seems like they're the last to unlock >_<  I almost have all the main SEED 3 up to rank 5.  Dunno if I'll need to get Lacus & Lunamaria up as well.

Destiny was my favorite unit in GM2 and he's still fun to play as.  I looooooove his standing SP god fistooo.  It's funny how Shinn was like the worst character ever in Destiny show itself, but all these years later after what they've done to him in SRW and Gundam Musou, I really enjoy his character and the Destiny unit.  BIG SWORD + WINGS + SHINING FINGER + HUGE BEAM = good times.

« Reply #454 on: February 10, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »
Dunno if I'll need to get Lacus & Lunamaria up as well.

Nope. Just Shinn, Kira and Athrun. I mean, yeah, you'll need to them at Level 5 if you want that one gold trophy, but it doesn't open anything up in the game.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #455 on: February 12, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »

Looking forward to a better quality version where you can actually see stuff!

*edit, better quality one
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:54:24 AM by Bebpo »

« Reply #456 on: February 13, 2011, 06:21:36 PM »

:rock
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #457 on: February 13, 2011, 11:03:04 PM »

direct feed.  Although not much difference than the better quality cam

Bebpo

« Reply #458 on: February 25, 2011, 12:04:52 PM »
Ok, so I've been gone a week and am catching up on mecha goodness (I see Virtue Gundam is out on GM3!)

Several thoughts:

First of all, the lead character for Z2 looks pretty rad.  HARDENED OLD MARINE BADASS.  Very refreshing that it's not an teeny kid and his loli friend. 

The mech looks nice too.  Looks like VALKYRIE GUNDAM

But then, FACE MAP SPRITES wtffffffffffffffff

Seems really lame for them to cheap out on this.  Wonder if it was a loading issue :(  I was looking forward to 3d sprites of Exia and GL and sprite map attacks :(

But hey,

game's still going to be rad!

« Reply #459 on: February 25, 2011, 02:12:46 PM »
As cool as Z2 is, putting the game on a system that I own but don't really care about has made me not really care about it.

I'll pick it up down the road when it's cheaper, but sticking a game on a handheld is pretty much the kiss of death for me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:21:39 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #460 on: February 25, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »

It's the same game!  Just use headphones :X

« Reply #461 on: February 25, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »
This isn't a "Wah!! I want it on PS3!" Well, I do, but I'm just seriously unmotivated to play handheld games at home. I don't enjoy sitting on the couch staring down at a tiny screen when I could be playing on my big TV. I don't take handhelds with me during the work day or when we go out, either.

The only time I ever play the DS or the PSP is when we're traveling. Too bad the PSP's battery sucks for plane flights.
野球

cool breeze

« Reply #462 on: February 25, 2011, 10:57:18 PM »
Now that the PSP1 hardware is soon to be abandoned, they should really have PSP games playable on the PS3.  I'm no tech expert, but if PSP on NGP is emulation, then they should be able to get PSP emulation on the PS3.  Any games purchased via PSN can already be downloaded to your PS3, and in the case of PSP minis and PS1 games, they can be played between the two systems.

« Reply #463 on: March 05, 2011, 04:09:27 PM »
Ami Ami has ACE Portable for 1,950 yen (~$24) right now. Probably the best deal we'll see online for a while. Just placed an order for a copy.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TVG-PSP-1751&template=default/product/e_display.html
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:11:02 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #464 on: March 10, 2011, 04:04:59 AM »

GOD DAMN this looks amazing. Need more footage ASAP.
BiSH

« Reply #465 on: March 11, 2011, 12:02:27 AM »
Yeah, Hawken looks incredible so far.
野球

Damian79

« Reply #466 on: March 11, 2011, 12:30:03 AM »
Hawken needs more lazers.

Bebpo

« Reply #467 on: March 17, 2011, 02:24:41 AM »
I've been slowly moving through SRW@3 and I just did what felt like the halfway point map, the 3 part GGG Z-Master map.  Fkkkkk so epic.  Took me 2 hours.  This is the second time I've played through GGG -> Final (other being SRW W) and it never stops being the most epic bro mecha anime ever.

I think if I was on a deserted island and could only take 3 mecha shows, I'd be taking Giant Robo, GGG, and maybe G Gundam for pure awesomeness.

This picture never gets old

Really sucks that Media Blasters never brought Final over.  Would have loved to have legit dvds of it and not be stuck with crappy fansubs for eternity.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:58:56 AM by Bebpo »

« Reply #468 on: March 17, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »
Mecha doesn't sell to the kiddies. It's only old farts like you and I who are interested.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #469 on: March 22, 2011, 11:35:08 PM »
SRW blog updated saying SRW Z2 will come out as planned on April 14th, PV3 will be out on 3/25.

3 weeks to:

+

+

Unfortunately +

« Reply #470 on: March 22, 2011, 11:37:48 PM »
Will wait for price drop at Ami Ami.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #471 on: March 22, 2011, 11:38:55 PM »

I thought you were MR. GUNDAM.  There are Gundams in this one!

Damian79

« Reply #472 on: March 22, 2011, 11:40:31 PM »
I once tried to get peopel to watch macross, but as soon as they heard the japanese music they started to mock me.  :(

« Reply #473 on: March 22, 2011, 11:43:08 PM »
Ranka must die, but I like Macross. A LOT.

I thought you were MR. GUNDAM.  There are Gundams in this one!

$80 for a game I won't touch for months? Yeah, I'll wait.

If this came out BEFORE my trip to Europe, I'd get it day one, but I will probably dink around with it over the summer at this point.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #474 on: March 22, 2011, 11:47:55 PM »
How long are you going to Europe for?

« Reply #475 on: March 22, 2011, 11:50:37 PM »
12 days.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #476 on: March 22, 2011, 11:54:45 PM »
In April?

« Reply #477 on: March 22, 2011, 11:59:33 PM »
In April?

Yep. We leave March 31st and come back on April 12th. Friesland, Amsterdam, Bruges and Brussels. Beer, Liege and Chocolate oh my!
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #478 on: March 23, 2011, 12:06:39 AM »
 :hyper

Sounds good!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
and you get back just in time for some GUNDAM FIGHITNG  :hyper
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #479 on: March 25, 2011, 11:25:48 AM »

Looks good, although Exia's Seven Sword attack is kind of unimpressive considering it should be his final attack (outside trans-am form version).  I guess they're holding back on making Exia too crazy so that they can give OO Raiser more impressive stuff next game :X
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:27:22 AM by Bebpo »