Author Topic: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!  (Read 201793 times)

Bebpo

Just realized I created this thread TEN YEARS AGO. Wow.

Mecha gaming still as cool  8)

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Of the non-SRW mecha games, I wish there would be another Gundam Musou or Front Mission. Maybe that’s just me though.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

Nah, I want those too.

I want another single-player Gundam game that isn't Breaker or Musou. It's been 6 years since Side Stories came out.
野球

Maxi Boost ON is digital only in North America and Europe. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
野球

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I was almost done with scenario 28 of SRW X when the game crashed on me :( This is the third crash thus far. Kind of annoying and I don’t recall that happening as often on V.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Maxi Boost ON is digital only in North America and Europe. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Asian-English version will be coming out, at least:

https://www.play-asia.com/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-maxiboost-on-english-subs/13/70da3h

I will probably just go digital on this one- the last time I got a Namco-Bandai game and tried playing it online, it locked me into the Japanese region and made it hard to get into matches.
ど助平

Bebpo

I was almost done with scenario 28 of SRW X when the game crashed on me :( This is the third crash thus far. Kind of annoying and I don’t recall that happening as often on V.

That sucks.

Do you save at the start of each turn? I do that. Very helpful sometimes.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer

That sucks.

Do you save at the start of each turn? I do that. Very helpful sometimes.

I’ll need to start doing that. Just finished scenario 30 and got all the secrets so far. Only four ace pilots but got about a dozen or so that have a score of over 40. Still not burned out on these games yet even though I’m playing them back to back.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

Yeah I set a button to quick save and just do it at the start of every turn in case I need to roll back. Especially helpful when going for SR points.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Yeah I set a button to quick save and just do it at the start of every turn in case I need to roll back. Especially helpful when going for SR points.

Good thing I took your advice because this game crashed twice since. I’m on scenario 45 now. So at this stage in the game, each scenario is usually an hour in length minimum. Hopefully the PS4 version is a lot more stable.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Fortunately I got the good path this time in SRW X and I’m up to the final stage which I’ll play tomorrow. I managed to unlock all the secrets in the game. I have a bunch of power parts left over so I’m going to sell them for TacP to buy more upgrades. I got about 15 characters at the G. Ace level too. Looking forward to beating this and moving on to SRW T.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

I think maybe I've had a crash once in SRW over the last 20 years. PS4 version is probably more stable.

Actually I played T on Switch and thought it was fine. But maybe the one time it crashed was that one. Can't remember.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I didn’t remember SRW V Switch being that bad. It’s crashed a couple more times but now that I’m saving after every encounter, it’s not a big deal. So it may be a SRW X Switch issue, maybe it was rushed to get out the door.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Beat SRW X. The final boss was a cakewalk thanks to the various upgrades I made. The highlight was Char’s funnels attack where I had smash hit and soul selected that resulted in 55,000 hp in damage to the final boss. Masaki’s cosmo nova attack dealt another 35,000 hp in damage. I think I had seven or eight robots wipe out all of the final boss’s hp. I was able to defeat the final boss before they could unleash some BS map attack.

I liked V better than X though. Now onto T!
🍆🍆

Beat SRW X. The final boss was a cakewalk thanks to the various upgrades I made. The highlight was Char’s funnels attack where I had smash hit and soul selected that resulted in 55,000 hp in damage to the final boss. Masaki’s cosmo nova attack dealt another 35,000 hp in damage. I think I had seven or eight robots wipe out all of the final boss’s hp. I was able to defeat the final boss before they could unleash some BS map attack.

I liked V better than X though. Now onto T!

V was my favorite of the current gen games. T and X are pretty much equally good/bad in my eyes.
野球

Bebpo

So I was browsing the Playstation Store and saw that Gundam v Gundam Maxiboost On comes out in about a week on the 29th. Glad I saw this because the pre-order bonus unit is Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex and they've been really shitty about releasing pre-order bonuses for purchase at a later date, so if you don't buy it in the next 12 days you might be shit out of luck for Lupus Rex.

Considering Lupus Rex is the unit I'm most interested in, since otherwise this is an oooollldddd assss game. I'm glad I got my pre-order in.

Dunno if I'll get $60 enjoyment out of this at this point in my life. Hope the mission mode is good like GvG Extreme's was on PS3. Don't see myself playing multi much and I'm thinking about letting my PS+ sub lapse in September anyhow because I just don't play anything online and these free monthly games are all terrible.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Anyone buy the DLC for SRW T? I see the bonus scenarios are entirely locked out in DLC. I enjoyed the bonus scenarios but I’d have to work with my credit card to accept charges from Hong Kong for the Switch Asia store.

Initial impressions of SRW T is that it introduces a lot of concepts right away like sub orders and seems like there’s a lot more customization slots for robots: 20 levels vs. the 10 levels on V and X. Also my main character is almost an ace pilot and I’m done with Scenario 7.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Bebpo

Anyone buy the DLC for SRW T? I see the bonus scenarios are entirely locked out in DLC. I enjoyed the bonus scenarios but I’d have to work with my credit card to accept charges from Hong Kong for the Switch Asia store.

Initial impressions of SRW T is that it introduces a lot of concepts right away like sub orders and seems like there’s a lot more customization slots for robots: 20 levels vs. the 10 levels on V and X. Also my main character is almost an ace pilot and I’m done with Scenario 7.

I used to be a completionist and so when they started doing DLC missions in these games I would buy them all and do them as the game went along.

They're boring and they kill the pacing and make these kinda slow games even slower. Outside like 1 mission they don't have any new units/animations/enemies and the only reason to play them are for the stories which are just little fanservice bits. There's occasionally a fun little fanservice story like Shinji and the Eva kids training the Gurren Lagann kids, but I skipped buying them for the first time with T and I don't see myself buying them again in the future.

Otoh, they make the game even easier and broken.Each one gives you a pretty good equipment part and a ton of extra money which adds up.

As for T, the 20 levels thing is a thing. Normally on new game+ for SRW you unlock 20 levels of upgrades. But the thing is if you spend on 11-20 with the costs it's going to severely limit the amount of units you get to upgrade from 1-10. So 11-20 makes sense for new game+ when you carry over your upgrade levels and just use your new money from new game+ to further upgrade. Personally I didn't upgrade anything past 10 in T on the first run. And these games are so easy it's not like you need it anyhow. But yeah you could max out a 20/20/20/20/20 unit early on and just have them one shot everything the whole game but where's the fun in that?

Bebpo

So I was browsing the Playstation Store and saw that Gundam v Gundam Maxiboost On comes out in about a week on the 29th. Glad I saw this because the pre-order bonus unit is Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex and they've been really shitty about releasing pre-order bonuses for purchase at a later date, so if you don't buy it in the next 12 days you might be shit out of luck for Lupus Rex.

Considering Lupus Rex is the unit I'm most interested in, since otherwise this is an oooollldddd assss game. I'm glad I got my pre-order in.

Dunno if I'll get $60 enjoyment out of this at this point in my life. Hope the mission mode is good like GvG Extreme's was on PS3. Don't see myself playing multi much and I'm thinking about letting my PS+ sub lapse in September anyhow because I just don't play anything online and these free monthly games are all terrible.
You can play free arcade mode & multi every Saturday until launch iirc, just have to download the demo on the PSN webstore.

Very populated too.

Cool. Not really interested since mostly just getting it for SP and playing other stuff atm, but I'll give it a download and maybe run a few matches tonight to check it out.

Bebpo

Played a little of the demo. Lotta units, tons of grunt/alternate pilot versions, but a few new units/series since Versus like all the AGE stuff. Otherwise kind of over it pretty quick. Played this game too many times before and it's not that new or exciting.

I'm gonna miss the premium sound vocal songs, but I looked at the JP version for that and $120 version vs $60 US version just for vocal songs is too pricey for me for a game I'll probably just play a bit.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer

I used to be a completionist and so when they started doing DLC missions in these games I would buy them all and do them as the game went along.

They're boring and they kill the pacing and make these kinda slow games even slower. Outside like 1 mission they don't have any new units/animations/enemies and the only reason to play them are for the stories which are just little fanservice bits. There's occasionally a fun little fanservice story like Shinji and the Eva kids training the Gurren Lagann kids, but I skipped buying them for the first time with T and I don't see myself buying them again in the future.

Otoh, they make the game even easier and broken.Each one gives you a pretty good equipment part and a ton of extra money which adds up.

As for T, the 20 levels thing is a thing. Normally on new game+ for SRW you unlock 20 levels of upgrades. But the thing is if you spend on 11-20 with the costs it's going to severely limit the amount of units you get to upgrade from 1-10. So 11-20 makes sense for new game+ when you carry over your upgrade levels and just use your new money from new game+ to further upgrade. Personally I didn't upgrade anything past 10 in T on the first run. And these games are so easy it's not like you need it anyhow. But yeah you could max out a 20/20/20/20/20 unit early on and just have them one shot everything the whole game but where's the fun in that?

Thank you. I’ve spent more time than I want to admit trying to get the download codes for the DLC and hit a wall every time despite multiple walkthroughs I saw on sites like Reddit. I guess it’s not meant to be. It’s kind of annoying, I’ve never seen so much difficulty in giving someone my money. Oh well.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

Ok, tried playing Maxiboost online. Picked Avalanche Exia who I have no idea how to play and who has almost no moves but seems quick and good standard Exia melee & stun daggers. Played a couple matches online and won them getting 1st in my group for kills. Felt good and was fun. More looking forward to this now.

I've never been particularly good at these games, but I've played enough of them that I'm ok. Mostly just play melee and dodge step around and try to dodge -> counter and do slash x 2 -> step -> slash x 2 -> step -> combo ender.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Finished Secret Scenario 26.5 on SRW T. Even though V, X, and T feel mostly similar, X felt really similar to V but not as good. T feels like it’s a little different than the previous two games. Robot variety I feel is better here than X. I still liked the game breaking elements of the bonus scenarios that load you up with TacP and money so I don’t like them hidden behind DLC I can’t pay for. I’m up to 18 ace pilots thus far.

I don’t really feel burned out on these games yet. If I beat T, I might replay V learning from my mistakes during the first play through. My biggest gripe about X, the random crashes, are nonexistent here with T.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:03:30 PM by Olivia Wilde Homo »
🍆🍆

Bebpo

I thought T had a really boring story and series. A lot of these games are just visual novels so the story is pretty important to me + the unit animations.

I liked X being based around Wataru and fantasy world. I've never seen Wataru and thought it was a fun series and a good backdrop for everything. I also liked that it built on X's Mazinger Zero with Shin Mazinkaiser. X also had a fun take on Code Geass post-Code Geass with Lelouche's Resurrection. Nadia was also fun too even if it was only the 2nd half of the show and not as good command ship story as Yamato 2199 was in V. Plus it had G Reco debut and Gurren Lagann is always fun. Buddy Complex was forgettable as was Cross Ange again.

T's command ship being Nadesico...but only Prince of Darkness version sucks, especially compared to Nadia & Yamato 2199. Mazinger Infinity sucks compared to Shin Mazinger/Mazinger Zero/Shin Mazinkaiser/G Emperor. Having Gun x Sword in HD was nice, and I like what they did with Dunbine. Rayearth has a good first half but the second half is zzz, G Gundam is kinda thrown in post-story and the game would've been better if it did G Gundam's story, and Cowboy Bebop really doesn't fit in terms of mission design. Expelled from Paradise is fun for a bit and then has no plot because it's a move. Basically T took a lot of shows that are movies or don't really work as SRW map design and so the plot just gets really boring by the end. Also I thought the animation quality for the new units was the worst of the three games by a good amount either because it was rushed or maybe some staffers had moved from that point onto whatever the big budget SRW is coming next.

I also thought T was kind of grunt-heavy and lacked the really useful map attacks to make up for that where you just wipe out a third of the enemies in map attacks. I also though the OG story, character and unit were pretty meh. I enjoyed the interactions between Nine and the main guy in V, and I liked all the magic stuff in X, but outside the salaryman jokes the OG story was zzz though the final boss is good.

It's not terrible, after playing dozens of SRW games I'm looking for different things. Like 75% of the animations in these 3 games are from older games so I mostly just care about the 25% new animations and units.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Good points. I guess I generally look for other things with this series: flashy robots making all kinds of flashy explosions with big numbers showing up on the screen afterwards. Using various strategies to break the game to where you could wipe out a powerful final boss like what happened in SRW X. I have only surface level knowledge of the anime or manga behind it. Sometimes I’ll see an interesting character and run a search on them on Google or Wikipedia.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Finished scenario 37 or SRW T and this game might be the easiest of the three recent SRW releases. I’m up to about 35 ace pilots and 15 great ace pilots.

Also I like this:

🍆🍆

Bebpo

Good points. I guess I generally look for other things with this series: flashy robots making all kinds of flashy explosions with big numbers showing up on the screen afterwards. Using various strategies to break the game to where you could wipe out a powerful final boss like what happened in SRW X. I have only surface level knowledge of the anime or manga behind it. Sometimes I’ll see an interesting character and run a search on them on Google or Wikipedia.

One thing that's kind of cool about SRW is when they actually cover a show/manga/movie from start to finish you essentially get a reader's digest version of it. Since there's usually like 8-10 plots going each game, if you haven't seen a bunch of the shows it lets you experience these shows without having to sit and watch 50 eps of some old 70s anime that's mostly filler. Or some modern crappy boob pandering show. Keep in mind a lot of mecha shows are actually pretty terrible anime lol So sometimes you're better off getting the show experience through SRW instead.

Sometimes SRW even re-writes show plotlines to fix glaring issues in the original. This is pretty rare, but they did this with Gundam SEED Destiny and it basically became the definitive version of Destiny's plot. And one of the 3DS game used the manga version of Linebarrels instead of the anime version which fixed the plot as well.

At their best moments, SRW games are pretty neat mecha fanservice. At their worst, they're a bit boring and grunt bonanza tho.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Scenario 37 on T was definitely a grunt bonanza. You had to eliminate over 60 monsters within seven turns. There’s a lot more grunts overall in T which is why I’m at scenario 40 with 42 ace pilots and 20 great ace pilots. Also just got the emblem for 10 million in gold, which I recall from the previous games getting further along. All I need left are the bronze (100 KOs) and platinum (50 SR points) emblems left.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

Yeah, sometimes their games get too grunt heavy and it drags the map pacing.

Alpha 3 had that but then you had insane map attacks like Ideon who could clear an entire map of grunts in like two shots.

Z3 had bad grunt padding too.

The GBA/DS/3DS games were a lot quicker paced and I thought X/V (which along with T may be the same handheld entry dev team) were pretty solid pacing, especially coming from the heavy padded and overly long Z3 right before them. T wasn't as well paced and definitely took me longer to get around to finishing.

Looks like there is a physical English release of Maxi Boost ON in Southeast Asia, need to order that from PlayAsia. Had a lot of fun with the open trial with my daughter, she loves Nobel Gundam and playing split screen with me.   :heartbeat
野球

Bebpo

Any reason why you're going physical? For the premium sound edition?

Game is out now and downloading it. I watched some vids of the single player mode and it's basically what was in the PS3 version, nothing much more, nothing less. Which was fine then, but not sure how exciting it'll be now. Still will play it a bit and try out some of the new units that weren't in the previous games.

Yulwei

Maxi boost on unlocks in just 3 and a half hours

Let’s fucking go!!!  :gun :gun :bow2

Bebpo

Did the first 2 areas of mission mode. It's ok, wish the missions weren't like 10 seconds long.

Some of these new units are pretty fun. There's just so many damn units. I kind wish there was a decent campaign mode where you started with a couple units and gained more units as you went along to streamline giving all the units a shot.

Any reason why you're going physical? For the premium sound edition?

Game is out now and downloading it. I watched some vids of the single player mode and it's basically what was in the PS3 version, nothing much more, nothing less. Which was fine then, but not sure how exciting it'll be now. Still will play it a bit and try out some of the new units that weren't in the previous games.

Because I am a dinosaur who clings to physical media whenever given the opportunity. And I hate having to redownload stuff whenever the HDD fills up and I have delete one game for another. $55 for a disc copy is totally worth it.
野球

Yulwei

F91 feels so slow compared to his Next Plus version.. however, Ez8 is just as fast and snappy as ever. Fucking love that MS

Bebpo

I liked Zaku Amazing when messing around with units last night. His R1 turn and shoot x 2 can be very useful for dodge countering and his L2 missile barrage is low damage but great spread. Also has Char dash kick kinda thing with R2. Pretty good moveset overall.

Build Strike was kinda weird. Just felt like Strike but with the backpack launcher thing I didn't figure out how to use properly. Good melee though.

Yulwei

Actually nvm gotta test to see what that damage option actually does

Bebpo

Oh, Branch battle is fine. I'm talking about mission mode. Branch battle just feels like playing it at the arcade.

Also the soundtrack in this game definitely sucks. It's not even a Premium Sound Edition thing looking at the track list. Feels more like they wanted a more global release and didn't want to deal with the song licenses so they really cut down on OP/ED tracks. Gotta make my own custom soundtrack at some point.

Lupus Rex doesn't seem that great compared to Lupus. Especially not at 3000.

Yulwei

Yeah I’m hoping someone uploads a good custom ost for this so I can just copy it

Need to find my Ash Like Snow CD single and get that uploaded.
野球

Bebpo

Played a bunch of matches. It's fun when you win with Infinite Justice Lacus edition  :-*

I seem to do best with units with surprise & stun moves that catch people off-guard. When it comes to straight up melee and shooting 1 on 1s I'm awful and usually take the damage. Avalanche Exia's L2 diagonal instant dash catches melee people off-guard a lot and lets you get back combos in. His wide arc stun daggers suck against CPU but are actually quite good against people since they're usually dashing left or right to avoid you and they get stunned.

I like Zaku Amazing, but the damage output really hurts against 2500/3000 units -_-

What units are you guys using?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I beat SRW T. My thoughts:

+ I was able to get 65 ace pilots. I could have got them all but came within 10 kills. I think one more grunt heavy level and I could have got them all. Got over 40 great ace pilots.
+ Had fun playing through all the characters except Beecha, Roux, and Fa. They don’t play too large a role but when they did, it was the down point of the game in my opinion.

~ Too many grunt grinds. I believe Scenario 53 took me about three hours to clear. Just waves of grunts. I liked them at first but really disliked them at the end.
~ I agree with Bebpo, the animations were some of the weakest of the three.

- Still annoyed at how hard it is to get the DLC for the Switch version.

I’m still not tired of these games yet. I think I’m going to replay V but do it right this time. I did get Crossrays even though that is a different type of game. I might play that next if I’m done with the three SRW games and still want more.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

Do you only have a Switch? No PS4? Moon Dwellers really is the next best step after you've played those three.

G Gen is a pretty different beast. Coming from SRW they are even slower and maps take longer. The gameplay is also pretty weird because there's is no balance and you just keep increasing your team strength at your own pace. You basically grab all the units you want and then just level them up. Idk, it's weird. Worth trying one, and I've had some fun with them, but generally I don't like the franchise.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I actually thought about getting a PS4 just for Moon Dwellers. I’m a Switch only owner at the moment. I have a large enough backlog where I haven’t considered another console. It’s unlikely Moon Dwellers will be on the Switch so if I want to play it, I need to get a PS4.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

I mean, it's a good game but not like buy a console for good haha.

Keep in mind Moon Dwellers is basically a spinoff of the Original Generation series to setup OG3. OGs has a big cast and each time they move it to a new system they completely do the sprites from scratch, so Moon Dwellers was basically redoing like 1/2 or 2/3rds of the cast with new sprites so that with OG3 they can focus on new characters/unit sprites instead of catching up with old sprites.

It's kinda similar to fighting games having to redo sprites/3d models for classic characters each time and cutting the roster down because OGs is a continuing cast and story and the cast just grows each game.

The games in Original Generations so far are:

OG1 (GBA, PS2)
OG2 (GBA, PS2)
OG Gaiden (PS2)
OG Moon Dwellers (PS4)

OG1/2 have english localizations on GBA but not PS2 and Moon Dwellers has English (it's a bit Engrish tho).

I actually thought about getting a PS4 just for Moon Dwellers. I’m a Switch only owner at the moment. I have a large enough backlog where I haven’t considered another console. It’s unlikely Moon Dwellers will be on the Switch so if I want to play it, I need to get a PS4.

You could also grab Gundam Breaker 3 and Maxi Boost ON if you got a PS4. They're not SRPGs, but fun Gundam games. Just sayin'.

There is also a Full Metal Panic! strategy game on the PS4 that got localized in English for Southeast Asia. I thought it was pretty fun.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:22:02 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Alright, you all convinced me to get a PS4 with Moon Dwellers and the games Mr. Gundam recommended.
🍆🍆

Alright, you all convinced me to get a PS4 with Moon Dwellers and the games Mr. Gundam recommended.

Just a reminder that GB3, Moon Dwellers and the Full Metal Panic game are all imports.

https://www.play-asia.com/gundam-breaker-3-break-edition-english-subs/13/70b3ut
https://www.play-asia.com/super-robot-wars-og-the-moon-dwellers-collectors-edition-english/13/70a9tt

The FMP game is out of stock everywhere, so who knows on that one other than digital.

There's also Gundam Battle Operation 2, which is free to play.
野球

Bebpo

Gundam Breaker 3 is cool. Too bad they didn't do another Dynasty Warriors Gundam game this gen.

I hear the FMP game is not good though.

I hear the FMP game is not good though.

I like it, but I also got it for like $25 a while back. You have to target individual parts of the enemy mechs and it uses a 3D map with a distance marker kind of like Valkyria.
野球

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Replaying SRW V and I didn’t realize how much transferred over to the new save. Replaying this game is like a hot knife through better. In many ways that works for me, I wanted to get the stuff I missed on the first play through and this will allow me to do that without a significant investment of time. I’m supposed to get my copy of Moon Dwellers in the mail tomorrow. For some reason PS4s are hard to find in my area so I may have to get that online too. So maybe 1-2 weeks for my second playthrough of V and then onto Moon Dwellers.
🍆🍆

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Finished my second playthrough of V today. Seems like the SRW games set up the second playthroughs to explore everything you missed the first time around. Focused a lot more on the Gundams so it was very much like playing V for the first time. I think V is the best of the three for sure.

Still need to get around to ordering the PS4 as I have Moon Dwellers ready to go.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!
« Reply #1374 on: September 30, 2020, 07:59:36 AM »
The Gurren Lagaan collaboration downloadable content for Hardcore Mecha will launch today for PlayStation 4 and PC, developer Rocket Punch Games announced. It will be available for purchase until March 30, 2021.

Hardcore Mecha is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam, and is due out for Switch on October 15.

ど助平

Bebpo

Re: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!
« Reply #1375 on: September 30, 2020, 01:20:29 PM »
I still can't tell what kind of game that is and if it's any good. It's also weird how it blatantly rips off Super Robot Wars and other series designs.

Nice art though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1376 on: September 30, 2020, 09:10:01 PM »
It's a 2D action game!

ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Will the physical media version of the PS5 have region free backwards compatibility? Never sprung for the PS4 for Moon Dwellers if I could play it on a PS5.
🍆🍆

Bebpo

Will the physical media version of the PS5 have region free backwards compatibility? Never sprung for the PS4 for Moon Dwellers if I could play it on a PS5.

It should. Regions haven't been a thing with Sony since PS2 outside DVD movies.

Bebpo

« Reply #1379 on: December 22, 2020, 11:28:57 PM »
I saw there's a complete translation released for the PS2 SRW OGs game.

It reminded me that it's mid-December and absolutely nothing announced again for new SRW. It makes me wonder if the mainline SRW teams aren't dead and have been re-assigned to other more profitable namco/bandai games while the smaller handheld team that X//V/T is now handling mainline SRW and taking their time since T to make another one.

Because normally SRW announces their March/April game in December. And for a decade+ they had announcements every year in December. 2020 was the first year in forever where there was no SRW announced/released, and now if there's no announcement, 2021 is iffy as well.

Meanwhile the mainline SRW licensed team hasn't released a game since Z3-2 in 2015.
The OGs team hasn't released a game since Moon Dwellers in 2016.

That's....yeah, not good.

SRW as a franchise has been selling fewer and fewer although Asia sales have helped make up some of the loss. But we still went from selling 300k+ in Japan to <100k per entry.

In the modern game sales economy and with a big company like Bandai Namco, they don't care about their franchises, they care about the bottom line $$$. When they can put the same staff on mobile game development that makes 100 million+ or assist on some HD anime game that will sell well, or have them make a fancy 2d SRW game that will sell <100k copies and only in Japan and Asia because licensing....it just doesn't make business sense for Bamco to invest a lot of money into mainline SRW games anymore.

Definitely a bit concerned that SRW is essentially dead.

And we never even got our Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans entry :(