Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3018405 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #22860 on: October 09, 2019, 07:05:32 AM »
I totally understand why they aren't but I wish the Spyro Reignited Trilogy let you install the games separately. I just want to S Rank the first world in the first game from memory and then uninstall it after half an hour. :doge

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #22861 on: October 09, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »
Resistance is futile. You will feed Spark the souls of your enemies and collect all gems.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:47:06 AM by Rufus »

kingv

« Reply #22862 on: October 09, 2019, 10:10:02 AM »
I’m honestly ok with the doom delay.

I wasn’t going to be able to play everything co
I go out in November as it is.

paprikastaude

« Reply #22863 on: October 09, 2019, 10:39:59 AM »
I’m honestly ok with the doom delay.

I wasn’t going to be able to play everything co
I go out in November as it is.

now every game ever is early 2020, so..

benjipwns

« Reply #22864 on: October 11, 2019, 02:16:48 AM »

:hmm

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22865 on: October 11, 2019, 12:00:57 PM »

« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:15:58 PM by MMaRsu »
What

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #22866 on: October 11, 2019, 02:30:38 PM »

This fella's channel has always been awesome.

paprikastaude

« Reply #22867 on: October 11, 2019, 04:03:32 PM »

:anhuld

Svejk

« Reply #22868 on: October 11, 2019, 04:21:35 PM »
No red shoes, no deal.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22869 on: October 12, 2019, 11:16:51 AM »
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #22870 on: October 13, 2019, 03:17:06 PM »
Looks like things are peachy over at 343i

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-infinite-lead-producer-departs-343-industries

Halo Infinite has seen a couple of executive shifts lately, with Creative Director Tim Longo departing a few weeks ago. At the time, a statement was sent to Kotaku, explaining that Executive Producer Mary Olson had taken over the campaign team as Lead Producer. It appears that has changed, since according to Olson's LinkedIn profile, she has departed 343 Industries and is now working at Midwinter Entertainment.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22871 on: October 13, 2019, 03:54:02 PM »
from the olsen twins fame?
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22872 on: October 14, 2019, 03:26:39 AM »
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #22873 on: October 14, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »
WBIII: Dragon's Trap is on sale for $3.99 on Android.  Can't beat that.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22874 on: October 14, 2019, 12:07:29 PM »
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #22875 on: October 14, 2019, 06:33:41 PM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

bluemax

« Reply #22878 on: October 14, 2019, 11:55:51 PM »
Looks like things are peachy over at 343i

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-infinite-lead-producer-departs-343-industries

Halo Infinite has seen a couple of executive shifts lately, with Creative Director Tim Longo departing a few weeks ago. At the time, a statement was sent to Kotaku, explaining that Executive Producer Mary Olson had taken over the campaign team as Lead Producer. It appears that has changed, since according to Olson's LinkedIn profile, she has departed 343 Industries and is now working at Midwinter Entertainment.

From Halo to a game trying to make the term copetition a thing.

https://midwinter.net/
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #22879 on: October 15, 2019, 04:56:40 PM »
I totally understand why they aren't but I wish the Spyro Reignited Trilogy let you install the games separately. I just want to S Rank the first world in the first game from memory and then uninstall it after half an hour. :doge
it took 45 minutes because I watched all the new dragons when rescuing them and also I fucked up the free flying level because I couldn't remember the order, so had to do it again... and I also fired the cannons at the dopes on Peace Keepers because I still love that

also first time doing a level has quite a bit of loading time, more than it used to take to load into the levels on PS1 :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
did not uninstall, will play more
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22880 on: October 15, 2019, 10:51:19 PM »
Riot announced a bunch of stuff. Wild Rift is LoL remade for console/mobile

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1184290365500620800

also a class shooter

benjipwns

« Reply #22881 on: October 15, 2019, 11:14:01 PM »
"we want a tac shooter with more creativity, more expression and a lot more style ... your abilities create amazing tactical opportunities"

it looks like everything

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22882 on: October 16, 2019, 12:29:41 AM »
It's the Dark Souls of Metroidvania-inspired tac shooters.
dog

bluemax

« Reply #22883 on: October 16, 2019, 01:36:39 AM »
It's the Dark Souls of Metroidvania-inspired tac shooters.

Needs more proc gen and pixel graphics.
NO

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22884 on: October 16, 2019, 01:41:24 AM »
League of Legends already looks like a mee too Blizzard game. Might as well continue that trend.

Did'nt they also get involved in HK stuff?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22885 on: October 16, 2019, 08:48:02 AM »
they are 100% owned by tencent so they told their players/coaches to not even think about mentioning HK. And since Riot/Tencent controls who is allowed a franchise spot in LCS, all the teams basically have no choice if they want to exist in the league.

kingv

« Reply #22886 on: October 16, 2019, 01:39:17 PM »
That game looks really slow.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #22887 on: October 16, 2019, 05:37:42 PM »
Was thinking about how battlepasses took off and how much CoD4 and it's success might be partly to blame. Not much talk about it now but I remember how CoD's progression system was not only a game changer but much talked about. How it kept ppl playing etc. So much so that when Respawn was founded part of their talk up to Titanfall was that they got the dude who created that original progression system.

Now we're all trapped in seasonal reset hell holes.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22888 on: October 17, 2019, 12:02:09 PM »
Was thinking about how battlepasses took off and how much CoD4 and it's success might be partly to blame. Not much talk about it now but I remember how CoD's progression system was not only a game changer but much talked about. How it kept ppl playing etc. So much so that when Respawn was founded part of their talk up to Titanfall was that they got the dude who created that original progression system.

Yes CoD4 had a great progression system.

Now we can all pay for it with real money
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22889 on: October 17, 2019, 12:03:02 PM »
What

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #22890 on: October 17, 2019, 12:44:23 PM »
oops MM beat me with the RDR trailer.  :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22891 on: October 17, 2019, 12:51:15 PM »

I guess great in the sense that while it was there, it did'nt seem as grindy and there to fuck you over.

It still introduced to the world of multiplayer games the "well I gotta unlock this weapon and then unlock it's shit to simply see if I even really like it" shit that has plagued shooters like CoD and Battlefield since.

My friend and I would joke in BF3/4 about having to spend hours to see if even liked the guns.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22892 on: October 17, 2019, 01:28:44 PM »

Or play great games for $0 and not care about a new set of super hero pajamas for our characters.

You mean now we have games that don;t have a progression system unless you pay for it?

Wooptidoo

I still like Apex but the insane amount of money you have to spend to unlock anything of meaning or something cool, is just ridiculous.

Oh well.
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22893 on: October 17, 2019, 01:33:43 PM »
Or play great games for $0 and not care about a new set of super hero pajamas for our characters.
but what if they are tiddy pajamas? :hmm

also can you not earn the battle pass stuff in apex by playing the game? i figured that's something everyone would copy once fortnite did it.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22894 on: October 17, 2019, 01:56:20 PM »
The only thing you earn in Apex by having the free version is some random titles and bullshit like that.

Not something that anyone cares about, ever.
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #22895 on: October 17, 2019, 03:40:26 PM »
It was merely an observational thing not totally a rant. BPs don't bother me as much as most since I don't have any quibbles with just not participating in them/buying them. It's just they work, mountains of evidence and how silly ppl are.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22896 on: October 17, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »
kinda like how people liked assassin's creed games being an open world with a million little icons on the map and now every ubi game is that style of game with a different skin

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #22897 on: October 17, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »
cod4 just took bf2's system and just made it more or less stupid depending on your how much you enjoy playing unlock simulators
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22898 on: October 17, 2019, 05:28:36 PM »
The only thing you earn in Apex by having the free version is some random titles and bullshit like that.

Now you are just lying lol

What

benjipwns

« Reply #22899 on: October 17, 2019, 08:41:52 PM »
r.i.p. in pieces hardcore gaming april 1962-may 1982

Bebpo

« Reply #22900 on: October 17, 2019, 10:48:12 PM »
Bought my computer parts for my home desktop. Last build was 2014.

Going with i9-9900k, 2080gtx ti 11gb, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd and 4gb hdd.
Upgrading my old 24” 1080p tn monitor for 27” 1440p 144ghz g-sync ips monitor.

Never seen or used gsync, free sync or anything over 60hz and hate all the stutter I get on pc gaming so this should be nice. Maybe can get smooth Hitman 2 experience!

Will use this rig to tv-out to 4k tv for 4k gaming when I upgrade to a 4k tv eventually (still on 1080p plasma).

Now I just gotta not fuck up building it next week. Should get me through ps5 gen pc versions.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #22901 on: October 17, 2019, 11:20:46 PM »
aside from the ti on VC that's what I went with last year, so far so good. I haven't splurged on a monitor yet though.  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
ignoring you don't you have a 4k tv yet in the year of our lord 2019 wtf .  :trigger
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #22902 on: October 17, 2019, 11:27:01 PM »
I basically only upgrade tvs when I move since moving a tv is a huge pain in the ass so I just get a new one. I held on to my CRT until 2011! Then went to Panasonic Plasma. Not sure what I'll go to next. Maybe next year when PS5 comes out and has 4k gaming.

One reason haven't been in a rush to get to 4k was lack of content outside PC gaming. Don't have an Xbox One and PS4 Pro can't really do native 4k most of the time.

But this year my brother got a 4k, and damn 4k + hdr is fucking nice, so yeah when PS5 comes out and I've got this 4k capable PC rig I'll probably upgrade my tv next year even if I don't move.

Nuitangg

« Reply #22903 on: October 18, 2019, 12:48:27 PM »
I went all ssd's for my build a while back.  Don't think I'll ever use an hdd again.

Bebpo

« Reply #22904 on: October 18, 2019, 01:27:21 PM »
Don’t mind regular hdds for data storage (music, videos, etc...), but yeah would never use a non-ssd for OS or installed programs again.

But with my 512ssd and games being over 100gb each these days, it’s definitely been tough keeping a bunch of games installed at once and I’m constantly juggling to make space. Will be nice adding another 1tb ssd to that.

Bebpo

« Reply #22905 on: October 18, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »
Yeah, but when you have a few GAAS type stuff that you play daily/weekly like MMOs, music games, Hitman + main games you're playing it does add up.

Would just be nice if games weren't so fucking big these days. On the Switch and iOS games a lot of games are like 1-5gb which is nice coming from PC/PS4 sizes.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22906 on: October 18, 2019, 03:53:28 PM »
supposedly consoles having ssd/games built around ssd will be smaller cause there won't be a need for redundant data to compensate for read speeds of hdds.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22907 on: October 19, 2019, 01:59:34 PM »
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22908 on: October 19, 2019, 02:35:58 PM »

🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22909 on: October 19, 2019, 04:46:40 PM »

Now you are just lying lol

(Image removed from quote.)
"I'll tell you the truth mr. ATM, i don't exactly remember the PIN, but it started with a 5 and had a 4 in it somewhere; please i need to eat." - Mark Twain.
 :brain :brain :brain

kingv

« Reply #22910 on: October 19, 2019, 08:49:11 PM »
supposedly consoles having ssd/games built around ssd will be smaller cause there won't be a need for redundant data to compensate for read speeds of hdds.

Is this something they really do on modern consoles? I know it was a thing on CD and DVD games because they could always guarantee that data would always be in the same physical place. It seems like this would be hard to manage on a hard drive shared with different games  where data is being rewritten frequently. Does ps4 have something akin to defrag? Or is it just not necessary?

benjipwns

« Reply #22911 on: October 19, 2019, 09:07:10 PM »
There are drive formats that do not fragment, or rather, effectively defragment themselves. The Playstation OS is a FreeBSD derivative so I assume the system uses ZFS.

I know you're supposed to format a PS4 drive to exFAT or FAT32 to install the system on it, but I have to imagine it doesn't keep that format because that seems not ideal. Maybe it does though. Maybe it just lets it fragment everything up anyway.

From a Google Search looks like "database rebuild" is actually a defrag?
This tune up is easy to do. Just make sure your PS4's turned off and the controller is plugged in, then press and hold the power button for a few seconds until you hear a second beep. That starts the system in Safe Mode. From there a short menu displays everything you can do.

Just select option five, "Rebuild Database," and the system will do the rest. Depending on how bad things are this process can take anywhere between a few minutes up to a few hours, so your best bet is to do it at night before you go to sleep or in the morning right before you leave for work or to run errands.

They'll definitely have to swap formats if they want to put some of these games on the hard drives entirely I think. Plenty of games have 4+ GB files. exFAT is sloooooow.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #22912 on: October 19, 2019, 11:34:37 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #22913 on: October 21, 2019, 08:14:42 AM »
People on ebay are idiots.

Bought the MGS Legacy Edition used for 17 bucks from decluttr store and flipped it for 36.

Maybe I should enter the vidya resale business now that Gamestop is on its way out. :hmm

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #22914 on: October 21, 2019, 11:25:26 AM »
my 3900x finally shipped after over a month of waiting. now i can get every last frame of csgo

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22915 on: October 21, 2019, 01:01:21 PM »
my 3900x finally shipped after over a month of waiting. now i can get every last frame of csgo

What cpu did u have? Maybe I can buy it
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #22916 on: October 21, 2019, 01:01:58 PM »
Translation for Napple Tale for Dreamcast

Time to bust out DiscJuggler and burn me a Dreamcast game

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/5091/
fat

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #22917 on: October 21, 2019, 01:32:45 PM »

What cpu did u have? Maybe I can buy it

i7 6700K. I live in Denmark though

Bebpo

« Reply #22918 on: October 21, 2019, 02:12:46 PM »
Bought my computer parts for my home desktop. Last build was 2014.

Going with i9-9900k, 2080gtx ti 11gb, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd and 4gb hdd.
Upgrading my old 24” 1080p tn monitor for 27” 1440p 144ghz g-sync ips monitor.

Never seen or used gsync, free sync or anything over 60hz and hate all the stutter I get on pc gaming so this should be nice. Maybe can get smooth Hitman 2 experience!

Will use this rig to tv-out to 4k tv for 4k gaming when I upgrade to a 4k tv eventually (still on 1080p plasma).

Now I just gotta not fuck up building it next week. Should get me through ps5 gen pc versions.

How much did you pay for all that? $4k or more? Hell of a machine, though. RDR2 will be a looker.

Not counting the monitor was a little under $3k, monitor was like $580 or so.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22919 on: October 21, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »
I hope you didn't get that i9 for gaming, seems incredible overkill for any game.
Otherwise, nice beast of a machine.