Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3019703 times)

kingv

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #22980 on: October 24, 2019, 08:26:49 PM »
Next to TLOU2, Ubisoft delayed all AAA games slated for this FY because of the abysmal performance and quality of Breakpoint and Division 2.
- Watch Dog Legion
- The new Rainbow Six
- That BOTW rip-off

Are now delayed beyond March 2020.

People finally got tired of playing the exact same games 5x yearly I guess.

Ubi is probably my least favorite publisher. Everything is just so bland.

FYI: I highly suspect the delays is to try to move to the launch window on the new boxes to get some juice on these games.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 08:31:08 PM by kingv »

bluemax

« Reply #22981 on: October 24, 2019, 11:20:28 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
:nugenix

Ian Bogost writes this kind of stuff all the time, that's basically his job, to challenge perceived notions about video games.

Couldn't they just crunch a little bit harder? Lazy Devs.  ::)

They've already been crunching a ridiculous amount and this won't put an end to that.
NO

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #22982 on: October 25, 2019, 08:18:38 PM »
remember shattered horizon benji?

:noah

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #22983 on: October 26, 2019, 03:36:00 PM »

An NBA Jam book exists? Huh. Why not.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #22984 on: October 26, 2019, 06:13:25 PM »
Book doesn't have a reference to being on fire in the title 0/10
Hi

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22985 on: October 26, 2019, 06:20:00 PM »
Book doesn't have a reference to being on fire in the title 0/10

You have to read it three times before you're on fire.
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22986 on: October 26, 2019, 07:08:36 PM »

:aah
dog

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22987 on: October 26, 2019, 11:49:36 PM »
I've got WWE 2K20 downloading on PC, the PC version is always a mess anyway, so I can't wait to see how fucked up this one is with how poor the QA was this year :rejoice
Friend at 2K says PC version isn't any worse than the rest sadly. Highly recommends some of the downloadable story or whatever clips people have made full of hilarious bugs. Amazing that even stuff that's been sitting in the game for years and seemingly wasn't touched is massively busted.

Bebpo

« Reply #22988 on: October 28, 2019, 04:20:39 AM »
Started building my new PC at 6pm, finally done with hardware at 1am. Now for 2-3 hours of software loading
Really didn't like this Phantaks Evo X case, first of all metal and glass suck and it was just really inconvienent to get around. My heatsink sucks too in that it's gigantic.

At least it's really quiet so far. Gotta update video drivers and get steam/gamepass and try running some stuff, especially with some heat temps since I'm running the i9-9900k which gets hot and I had some trouble getting my heatsink on right :|

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #22989 on: October 28, 2019, 05:30:56 AM »
Started building my new PC at 6pm, finally done with hardware at 1am. Now for 2-3 hours of software loading
Really didn't like this Phantaks Evo X case, first of all metal and glass suck and it was just really inconvienent to get around. My heatsink sucks too in that it's gigantic.

At least it's really quiet so far. Gotta update video drivers and get steam/gamepass and try running some stuff, especially with some heat temps since I'm running the i9-9900k which gets hot and I had some trouble getting my heatsink on right :|

I hope you followed this fantastic tutorial:

benjipwns

« Reply #22990 on: October 28, 2019, 03:25:05 PM »
I completely forgot he bought RAM because it has LEDs.

My favorite sorta strange part has always been how like a whole minute is spent on the back panel for the mobo and how important it is for putting in the mobo. When you literally can't fuck it up and he totally ignores the screws in the case which is the part that makes it so you can't put the mobo in wrong. :lol

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #22991 on: October 28, 2019, 03:26:25 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #22992 on: October 28, 2019, 03:27:13 PM »
wait, what in the fuck is this "CPU installer" thing he's talking about it just looks like a brace, i don't believe this story and oh god where did all that thermal paste suddenly come from

why did he do the CPU last, especially with all that crazy shit he put on top of it that he never explained all the tubes and crap

"it'll like basically keep it cool" close enough i suppose
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:33:44 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #22993 on: October 28, 2019, 03:28:02 PM »
why is there no camera for me to see these LEDs on the RAM :maf

benjipwns

« Reply #22994 on: October 28, 2019, 03:30:53 PM »
Jacob G
6 months ago
I actually followed this tutorial back in the day and i have later realized that this was the reason my ex wife cheated on me

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22995 on: October 28, 2019, 04:49:08 PM »
The C in PC stands for CUCK.
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22996 on: October 28, 2019, 05:54:44 PM »
but on the real about being shit at building a pc, what about when your pc only turns on normally if it's been off the power for a few(?) hours?

Did I need to mount the motherboard on some sort of antistatic pads or some shit
What

benjipwns

« Reply #22997 on: October 28, 2019, 06:13:48 PM »
what do you mean "turns on normally" and "off the power"

I'd suspect the power supply and its connections first

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22998 on: October 28, 2019, 06:55:43 PM »
If you want an easy to install CPU fan get a Noctua. They're awesome.

As for the PC not powering on. That's usually a PSU issue, so your power supply does not have sufficient power to boot the system or there's a faulty cable somewhere.
A memory issue can also be the cause, faulty memory dimm prevents booting. Try booting with less memory (1 dimm instead of 2 or 4, depending on your setup).
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #22999 on: October 28, 2019, 11:00:40 PM »
Sushi-X was really upset about the Rygar port on Lynx:

Still gave the "good excuse for capital punishment" a 5 which was actually pretty darn close to an average score in the early EGM days. (For one thing they didn't give 1s or 10s until Street Fighter II.) He gave a 2 to Total Recall for the NES and just wanted to forget about it, allowing the developers to live to develop again!

kingv

« Reply #23000 on: October 28, 2019, 11:11:44 PM »
but on the real about being shit at building a pc, what about when your pc only turns on normally if it's been off the power for a few(?) hours?

Did I need to mount the motherboard on some sort of antistatic pads or some shit

If you mean “it turns on only after I let it sit while powered off” i would highly suspect it’s some sort of heat issue.

My guess would be PSU fan because an overheated cpu would probably give you the “I’m not starting but im going to give you a bunch of scary sounding beeps that you will look up in the manual”. But maybe some sort of blocked intake or something too

Bebpo

« Reply #23001 on: October 28, 2019, 11:51:26 PM »
I fucking hated the Noctua DH15 last night when building. Fuck that oversized thing that makes it take 45 mins to try to squeeze you hand between it and the case to get some connectors in.

Seems to run pretty quiet and cool once it’s in tho

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23002 on: October 29, 2019, 02:47:08 AM »
Well it's dead(?) Jim

When I turn it on now it will boot, go to windows screen then the cpu fans start spinning very fast making a lotta noise and the screen turns off

Gaaah
What

Bebpo

« Reply #23003 on: October 29, 2019, 03:26:59 AM »
Well it's dead(?) Jim

When I turn it on now it will boot, go to windows screen then the cpu fans start spinning very fast making a lotta noise and the screen turns off

Gaaah

Definitely sounds like something is dead. Otherwise it wouldn't even boot and get that far. Maybe hard drive or ram or something related to the Windows OS?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23004 on: October 29, 2019, 04:15:57 AM »
Well it's dead(?) Jim

Gaaah
CPU overheating and the protection kicks in.
Reapply thermal paste
🤴

BikeJesus

« Reply #23005 on: October 29, 2019, 01:48:06 PM »
So Steven Ogg, aka Trevor from GTA V and Simon from Walking Dead just came into my bike shop and rented a bike. Talked to him for a half hour. Totally star struck rn.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23006 on: October 29, 2019, 01:52:16 PM »
Damn dude thats crazy awesome!

Re my pc I brought it to a computer fixing shop so ehh let's hope they can fix it before rdr2 comes out!
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #23007 on: October 29, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »
Did you get him to torture you like that one scene in GTAV.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23008 on: October 29, 2019, 03:11:28 PM »
So my mom gave me her old laptop but its slow af, am I safe to just reinstall win10 from a usb stick?
What

Tuckers Law

« Reply #23009 on: October 29, 2019, 03:25:14 PM »
I wonder if this will open the door for a return of NCAA football games. If so: TIME TO BRING BACK 2K FOOTBALL, SEGA!
 NCAA 2K  :lawd

Edit: forgot to include the link, getting old sucks
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/29/ncaa-allows-athletes-to-be-compensated-for-names-images.html
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:52:53 PM by Tuckers Law »

Bebpo

« Reply #23010 on: October 29, 2019, 04:28:32 PM »
So Steven Ogg, aka Trevor from GTA V and Simon from Walking Dead just came into my bike shop and rented a bike. Talked to him for a half hour. Totally star struck rn.

Awesome!

Svejk

« Reply #23011 on: October 29, 2019, 06:16:46 PM »
This randomly popped up on my YouTube.  Looks fantastic!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23012 on: October 29, 2019, 06:20:09 PM »
So my mom gave me her old laptop but its slow af, am I safe to just reinstall win10 from a usb stick?
Just hold on to it for a few days until your rig is fixed before your next question is:
"Halp I tried to reinstall windows now my mums laptop is empty"
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #23013 on: October 29, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »
This randomly popped up on my YouTube.  Looks fantastic!

It's been out for a while, i played a couple of hours, and it's alright.
Slower than i thought, which makes it interesting as a 2d Souls-like (more than a Castelvania).

BikeJesus

« Reply #23014 on: October 29, 2019, 07:25:28 PM »

Blasting the dust out of it with compressed air will probably make it run better, since overheating will make it throttle the cpu. Worth a shot. Also disable all unnecessary startup programs.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:30:15 PM by BikeJesus »

BisMarckie

« Reply #23015 on: October 29, 2019, 08:41:50 PM »
Don‘t deactivate Bonzi Buddy though :ufup

kingv

« Reply #23016 on: October 29, 2019, 08:46:12 PM »
If she hasn’t used it for a long time, it will also need a fuckton of updates, and will be slow until that is complete.

FatalT

« Reply #23017 on: October 29, 2019, 11:34:21 PM »
This randomly popped up on my YouTube.  Looks fantastic!

It's been out for a while, i played a couple of hours, and it's alright.
Slower than i thought, which makes it interesting as a 2d Souls-like (more than a Castelvania).

On PC it has but it looks like it just came out last week on PS4. I'm gonna check out the PC version but from these "types" of games so far I've really enjoyed Blasphemous the most.

bluemax

« Reply #23018 on: October 30, 2019, 12:23:53 AM »
I wonder if this will open the door for a return of NCAA football games. If so: TIME TO BRING BACK 2K FOOTBALL, SEGA!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/29/ncaa-allows-athletes-to-be-compensated-for-names-images.html

EA said they're looking into making one. Also wouldn't 2K make a new 2K football? (Nevermind that everyone who worked on that ended up at EA on Madden or on NBA 2K or that 2Ks newest sports studio just made the worst rated sports game in years).
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #23019 on: October 30, 2019, 01:02:01 AM »
They would probably do a NCAA basketball game before football. In years past the NBA game has licensed certain schools at times.

I doubt VC is ever going to get back to trying to do more sports considering those license costs, MLB was an expensive disaster, and what happened to WWE is kinda impressive really.

EA can far more easily toss stuff on their existing football again. I don't know what the various smaller developers might do. AXIS Football and such.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #23020 on: October 30, 2019, 01:11:29 AM »
https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/29/20938853/nba-live-20-canceled-ea-sports-ps4-xbox-one-ps5-scarlett

lulz.

For what its worth Live 19 wasn't that bad. It still wasn't up to the sim quality of 2k but it wasn't bad as a pickup and play game.

benjipwns

« Reply #23021 on: October 30, 2019, 01:20:39 AM »
Article mentions EA including women street players off-hand, 2K20 actually lets you run a full season with the WNBA teams. I don't think it can do multi-season though.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #23022 on: October 30, 2019, 01:25:27 AM »
I'm not sure why they couldn't have just iterated on last year's version. That was a decent base for a franchise. To cut the whole thing to win next gen seems unlikely. Although at this point 2k is such a staple its hard to envision anything stopping that train even if they aren't quite living up to what they should be.

benjipwns

« Reply #23023 on: October 30, 2019, 01:32:10 AM »
This was actually what they did before the current gen started too, cancelled the game and were relaunching it on the next gen. Meanwhile people who just wanted a basketball game got addicted to 2K's many modes and it was on every single platform even the Wii still for like 2K14.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #23024 on: October 30, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
https://reclaimthenet.org/kotaku-deadspin-staff-rebel-go-media/
So Kotaku is kind of imploding right now.
Hi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #23025 on: October 30, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #23026 on: October 30, 2019, 03:01:49 PM »

EA said they're looking into making one. Also wouldn't 2K make a new 2K football? (Nevermind that everyone who worked on that ended up at EA on Madden or on NBA 2K or that 2Ks newest sports studio just made the worst rated sports game in years).

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting 2K sports is no longer a SEGA thing.  I guess the memory of my liking Dreamcast football way more than anything Madden still burns strong.

Bebpo

« Reply #23027 on: October 30, 2019, 04:03:55 PM »
After a few days of 144hz, I’m spoiled and now if a game caps at 60fps (like Pinball Arcade) I’m  :'(

Also 1440p has already ruined me and going back to 1080p on my tv looks so blurry now  :'(

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #23028 on: October 30, 2019, 04:06:53 PM »
luckily its almost black friday so you can get a 4K :P

BisMarckie

« Reply #23029 on: October 30, 2019, 04:14:43 PM »
Not being able to see the difference between 60 and framerates above that truly is a blessing :rejoice

Heck, 1080p is still fine for  me. That’s why I won’t upgrade my 1080 GPU anytime soon.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #23030 on: October 30, 2019, 04:20:16 PM »
i'm usually pretty dense on stuff like that but 1440p on a pc monitor was super noticeable when playing FF14, can't ever go back now :lol

BikeJesus

« Reply #23031 on: October 30, 2019, 08:18:26 PM »
144hz is next level shit
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 08:44:37 PM by BikeJesus »

Bebpo

« Reply #23032 on: October 31, 2019, 12:19:40 AM »
Yeah, I grabbed the humble bundle with Spyro/Crash and fffffuuuuck Spyro 1's starting areas at 144hz looks insane. Probably gonna be my showoff game for 144hz looks like a pixar film in motion.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #23033 on: October 31, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »
Nah dude NFL 2K5 was the shit, fuck EA.

That was the last football game I was really into.  Me and my roommate would rip bongloads and play it for hours.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #23034 on: October 31, 2019, 08:47:24 AM »

It's that time of year

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #23035 on: October 31, 2019, 09:09:35 AM »
I always recommend playing Scratches if you need some good Halloween vibes. Bonus points for playing in the dark with headphones.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/46460/Scratches__Directors_Cut/
fat

Svejk

« Reply #23036 on: October 31, 2019, 09:12:12 AM »

It's that time of year
I've been playing Bloodborne for the first time and it's been fitting the bill quite well for me.  :)

Nah dude NFL 2K5 was the shit, fuck EA.

That was the last football game I was really into.  Me and my roommate would rip bongloads and play it for hours.
Funny you mention that, because my roommate and I at the time would swear that, when the huddle breaks, they yell out "Mid-grades!"

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #23037 on: October 31, 2019, 10:15:07 AM »
I always recommend playing Scratches if you need some good Halloween vibes. Bonus points for playing in the dark with headphones.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/46460/Scratches__Directors_Cut/

I thought my ublock origin was messing with Steam in the browser, but looking at the community hub it appears the game is currently not available on Steam  :(

Edit: Speaking of spooky games though. The ol Newgrounds classic (that's right kids. Get your Flash ready) Covetous. I love everything about this little edgy 2 minute romp.

https://www.freegames66.com/action/covetous/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:24:20 AM by EchoRin »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #23038 on: October 31, 2019, 10:21:11 AM »
that sucks. pirate it i guess, idk. it's really good.

edit: Even the developer apparently wants to release it as freeware (but he cant obviously) so just pirate the thing
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:26:17 AM by demi »
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #23039 on: October 31, 2019, 10:36:28 AM »
It disappeared off of GOG, too. I can still download it there, so, if you want...

Alternatively: https://archive.org/details/ScratchesDirectorsCutGotGameEntertainment2007SecondEdition
+ mandatory fixes: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Scratches#Issues_fixed