Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3058593 times)

paprikastaude

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #30360 on: June 02, 2022, 02:04:47 AM »
Last 3D sonic I played was Unleashed. It was a bad game that I stuck through to the end for the NEXT-GEN GFXX. Never again 3d Sonic. Never again...

It's kind of amazing they are able to make a Sonic game this dull.  :doge

You say this like terrible 3d Sonic games aren't the norm.

I 100%-ed Colours, it was fun after a couple of tame intro hours :trumps The secret was, make him less fast.

Of course, when they brought back Colours it was a completely botched port. Sonic Team :playa

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30361 on: June 02, 2022, 03:54:38 AM »
I'm still pissed that that cool looking Sakaguchi rpg with the diorama-esque graphic style is locked to apple arcade.

It's just US$5 a month for the service. The first month is free. If you played it for 4 months, you'd be out 15 bucks.

Oh, wait. Jesus, I'm so embedded and brainwashed in the Apple ecosphere that I didn't even consider you don't own any Apple hardware.

:fbm

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30362 on: June 02, 2022, 09:28:51 AM »

I mean,... it looks ayeet  :yeshrug   Just looks like it's a tech sandbox with no purpose??  And holy crap, if that's the open world music, I think I'd eventually hang myself from being so damn melancholy.

Yeah, the open world music sounds like some generic RPG or Studio Ghibli music. And the popup... are they going for Saturn nostalgia with all that popup?
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30363 on: June 02, 2022, 10:37:53 AM »
This Skyrim mod looks more engaging than Sonic Frontiers.  The environment is better, too.  :doge

Still don't understand why Sega keeps letting Sonic Team make shit.
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #30364 on: June 02, 2022, 10:47:43 AM »
They know that they can give them a moderate enough budget to churn out some shit that will sell anyway because furries and other types of degenerates who enjoy sanic are suckers :money
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #30365 on: June 02, 2022, 10:56:01 AM »
People on Twitter saying the game doesnt look half bad 😛
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #30366 on: June 02, 2022, 10:58:18 AM »
when was the last time sega truly balled out with a proper big budget for a game? shenmue 1? maybe yakuza 1 at a stretch? but even there they rung every penny out of those assets many times over.
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30367 on: June 02, 2022, 12:47:21 PM »
when was the last time sega truly balled out with a proper big budget for a game? shenmue 1? maybe yakuza 1 at a stretch? but even there they rung every penny out of those assets many times over.

What about when they gave a ton of money to Randy Pitchford to make Aliens: Colonial Marines and he just spent it on all Borderlands instead?  :show
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #30368 on: June 02, 2022, 12:56:24 PM »

I mean,... it looks ayeet  :yeshrug   Just looks like it's a tech sandbox with no purpose??  And holy crap, if that's the open world music, I think I'd eventually hang myself from being so damn melancholy.

Yeah, the open world music sounds like some generic RPG or Studio Ghibli music. And the popup... are they going for Saturn nostalgia with all that popup?

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #30369 on: June 02, 2022, 01:05:27 PM »
got to give sega credit, they realised they can not bother hiring environment artists or programers and just give the dev team a voucher for the unreal marketplace to buy some pre-made levels to save some cash :teehee
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30370 on: June 02, 2022, 01:17:29 PM »
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sega-says-its-targeting-high-review-scores-for-sonic-frontiers/

Sonic Adventure laid the foundation for 20 years of Sonic titles after its release, so in the same way I really hope that this new title releasing in 2022 lays the foundation for the following future Sonic titles – that is the idea behind the challenge for the team”, Iizuka said.

*looks at the last 20 years of Sonic games*

In retrospect, maybe that wasn't a good thing.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30371 on: June 02, 2022, 02:08:06 PM »
With all the 90's nostalgia a campy 90's inspired Sonic Adventure 3 would've been a big hit.
They could've even created a game to tie in with the movies.

This thing could've maybe worked as a Knuckles spin-off or just an entirely new franchise.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #30372 on: June 02, 2022, 02:12:26 PM »
With all the 90's nostalgia a campy 90's inspired Sonic Adventure 3 would've been a big hit.
They could've even created a game to tie in with the movies.

This thing could've maybe worked as a Knuckles spin-off or just an entirely new franchise.
I would've been fine if they did full-on, shiny 4K, 120fps, remakes of SA1 & 2 instead.

Boredfrom

« Reply #30373 on: June 02, 2022, 04:15:26 PM »
It doesn’t look too bad. Rough as hell and worrying given how close is to release.

People act like Sonic Forces was Sonic 06 levels of bad, so dunno if I ride the negative wagon right now.

They know that they can give them a moderate enough budget to churn out some shit that will sell anyway because furries and other types of degenerates who enjoy sanic are suckers :money

Kids are degenerates?

Boredfrom

« Reply #30374 on: June 02, 2022, 04:18:12 PM »
This Skyrim mod looks more engaging than Sonic Frontiers.  The environment is better, too.  :doge

Still don't understand why Sega keeps letting Sonic Team make shit.

If I need to guess, pride. The whole story of Sonic is a piss match between Japanese developers and western ones.

Then again, Sonic Boom an attempt of AAA Sonic game by western developers and everyone knows how it ended.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30375 on: June 02, 2022, 05:29:34 PM »
When you look at the credits of games like Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations it's obvious that Sonic Team like it did in the Inafune days doesn't really exist like it used to anymore.

SEGA just seems to pull staffers from various other teams and scraps together contractors to form a 'Sonic Team' to develop a game.
Which is very different from how Nintendo operates with the dedicated Mario and Zelda teams in Tokyo and Kyoto.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #30376 on: June 02, 2022, 05:32:28 PM »
It doesn’t look too bad. Rough as hell and worrying given how close is to release.

People act like Sonic Forces was Sonic 06 levels of bad, so dunno if I ride the negative wagon right now.

Kids are degenerates?

Yes.
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30377 on: June 02, 2022, 05:38:50 PM »
Waiting for the Soyny E3 show

Hopefully some good new PC games  8)
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30378 on: June 02, 2022, 06:03:42 PM »
RESIDENT EVIL 4!!!!!

Resident Evil Village VR

Walking Dead VR

No Mans Sky VR

Horizon VR: Call of the Mountain

SPIDER MAN PC release  :hyper

Stray (the cat game)

The Callisto Protocol (dead space-y)

Rollerdrome

Eternights (some animu thing)

Street Fighter 6 looks pretty sick

Tunic (already on GamePass now coming to PlayStation)

SEASON (Some indie soy thing without gameplay)

Final Fantasy 16 looks awesome, summer 2023

That's it folks.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 06:29:52 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #30379 on: June 02, 2022, 06:37:00 PM »
At least the SF6 logo is changed.  Still looks kinda dumb, but light years better than that first one. ..yeesh

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30380 on: June 02, 2022, 06:43:33 PM »
Pretty decent showing, the only games I really weren't into were that Dead Space wannabe and that twee hipster indie game.
^_^

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30381 on: June 02, 2022, 06:48:06 PM »
4K puddles EXCLUSIVE on PC:

Svejk

« Reply #30382 on: June 02, 2022, 06:51:17 PM »
4K puddles EXCLUSIVE on PC:

Stand alone Spidey Remasterd for just PC...  And yet no Miles for PC?

What are you doing Sony...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30383 on: June 02, 2022, 06:51:21 PM »
It was ok but very light on content considering this is likely the only 'E3' event Sony has this month.

I don't think there's much else unannounced between now and the big heavy hitters from Capcom and Square Enix in 2023.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #30384 on: June 02, 2022, 06:55:33 PM »
Miles Morales is coming too

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/02/marvels-spider-man-series-is-coming-to-pc/
That’s right, the acclaimed PlayStation action-blockbuster hits Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales are heading to PC.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #30385 on: June 02, 2022, 06:56:22 PM »
That game is gonna sell so much on PC its ridiculous
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30386 on: June 02, 2022, 07:01:44 PM »

:lawd
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #30387 on: June 02, 2022, 07:17:33 PM »
Stand alone Spidey Remasterd for just PC...  And yet no Miles for PC?
Nah, includes everything. Probably going to do a separate trailer for Miles.

Bebpo

« Reply #30388 on: June 02, 2022, 07:29:06 PM »
FF16 being Summer 2023 is pretty shit.

They said they weren't showing another trailer until the game was basically done so people wouldn't complain about work in progress footage. Yoshi-P also said the game was content complete a month or so ago. Which is why people thought Nov 2022 was still in the bag.

That's like 6 months later than expected. Game was supposed to launch Fall 2021 :\

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30389 on: June 02, 2022, 07:34:08 PM »

My guess is that if they really wanted they could make spring 2023 or even late 2022.

But with the PS5 supply issues still not sorted out, aiming for later in 2023 makes more sense.
I suspect it will slip uncontested into September or so.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #30390 on: June 02, 2022, 07:40:59 PM »
Also the framerate looks rough as hell despite very standard level of gfx.

I'd understand if it was a PS4 game, but PS5....reminds me of FF15's launch framerate on PS4.

Tasty

« Reply #30391 on: June 02, 2022, 07:52:59 PM »

They said they weren't showing another trailer until the game was basically done so people wouldn't complain about work in progress footage. Yoshi-P also said the game was content complete a month or so ago. Which is why people thought Nov 2022 was still in the bag.

That's like 6 months later than expected. Game was supposed to launch Fall 2021 :\

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting here amazed Square's shipping a new numbered FF without waiting 6 years first.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #30392 on: June 02, 2022, 07:55:45 PM »

Totally not Sonic Adventure 3.  :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #30393 on: June 02, 2022, 08:01:21 PM »

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting here amazed Square's shipping a new numbered FF without waiting 6 years first.

Final Fantasy 15 - November 2016
Final Fantasy 16 - Summer (maybe) 2023

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #30394 on: June 02, 2022, 08:02:31 PM »

Svejk

« Reply #30395 on: June 02, 2022, 08:52:48 PM »
Just quad-dipped Dragon's Dogma.  On sale for $10 on Switch.    :rejoice The wind keeps pushing meeeeeeee!!!!!!

Tasty

« Reply #30396 on: June 02, 2022, 09:12:33 PM »
:rejoice The wind keeps pushing meeeeeeee!!!!!!

Right to Nintendo's waiting arms. :miyamoto

Rahxephon91

« Reply #30397 on: June 02, 2022, 11:58:23 PM »
I can't believe I think a FF game looks unappealing.

paprikastaude

« Reply #30398 on: June 03, 2022, 12:07:39 AM »
See, when things like Dead Space and RE4 are easily available and perfectly playable (except for idiots, I guess), just make a new thing that builds upon them  :doge

Looks good, hope it's good, made by the original Dead Space guy.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30399 on: June 03, 2022, 03:23:47 AM »
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #30400 on: June 03, 2022, 04:09:43 AM »
Not a fighting gamer, but if that singleplayer mode in the open environment is good, I might be in.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30401 on: June 03, 2022, 04:37:42 AM »

Final Fantasy 15 - November 2016
Final Fantasy 16 - Summer (maybe) 2023

Come on, no need to put Tasty on blast like that. You know he can't think straight.

paprikastaude

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30403 on: June 03, 2022, 09:56:18 AM »
Hell yeah I hope it comes to the US
fat

paprikastaude

« Reply #30404 on: June 03, 2022, 12:34:48 PM »
I hope official emulation can at some point finally move past 16bit and focus on 3D games/collections not being always broken junk. :stahp  Dreamcast is like 25 years old soon, let alone Saturn - it's time.

Boredfrom

« Reply #30405 on: June 03, 2022, 01:45:50 PM »
Changed my mind, Sonic Frontiers looks terrible.  :lol

Fucking Sega.

paprikastaude

« Reply #30406 on: June 03, 2022, 02:11:11 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

My guess is that if they really wanted they could make spring 2023 or even late 2022.

But with the PS5 supply issues still not sorted out, aiming for later in 2023 makes more sense.
I suspect it will slip uncontested into September or so.

Makes me sad that SE rn has some of the most offensive GPS/icon design for their maps. No way this will have good exploration.

Bebpo

« Reply #30407 on: June 03, 2022, 02:46:58 PM »
See, when things like Dead Space and RE4 are easily available and perfectly playable (except for idiots, I guess), just make a new thing that builds upon them  :doge

This looks so boring to me.

Dead Space's one unique selling point was the beam gun dismemberment system. Without that it just looks like a boring RE4/DS clone. Don't see why people are excited for this and I love RE4 and DS1/2 and even had some fun with DS3 and that Wii one.

Bebpo

« Reply #30408 on: June 03, 2022, 02:53:27 PM »
I hope official emulation can at some point finally move past 16bit and focus on 3D games/collections not being always broken junk. :stahp  Dreamcast is like 25 years old soon, let alone Saturn - it's time.

I was reading up on the new Mini and this was actually brought up and it's some good, some bad news.

M2, who know their shit in emulation, basically said given the current chip production shortage, it's not feasible to design and manufacture a new chipset currently. And that they tried pushing the limits of the existing chipset they have for the Genesis Mini but it can't handle Saturn or Dreamcast, so that was that.

Sega offered M2 the job of doing a Saturn or 32x mini. M2 looked into it and declined saying it's not possible at the current time.

The only thing that is odd to me is 32x. My understanding is that people hacked the Genesis Mini and threw 32x games into the emulator and it ran fine. Not sure why M2, who again are extremely talented emulation programmers, are saying it can't handle 32x games as is without a new chipset.

The good news is that at least Sega is thinking about a Saturn mini, so maybe in a few years when the chip shortages are resolved and tech has progressed a bit more they can put one together and release it. It definitely sounds less a matter of if than when. I'm definitely way more interested in a Saturn/Dreamcast mini than Sega CD. I feel like there's not a lot of exclusive Sega CD games that haven't been ported elsewhere over the years?

May still grab this but apparently the run is going to be extremely limited because of chip shortage, and I'm not paying over MRSP for this. The Megadrive/Genesis Mini was nice, but the only one out of all the minis that I really loved and sank a lot of time in was the PC Engine/TG-16.

Boredfrom

« Reply #30409 on: June 03, 2022, 10:59:47 PM »
Even if there is a good game underneath (lol), it blows my mind that Sega is choosing to show this and in a content drip that emphasizes how fucking rough it looks.

The Sonic Origins stuff is also exasperating, specially since it sounds like is actually decent but they fucked the communication with the DLC and not footage for western audiences.

benjipwns

« Reply #30410 on: June 03, 2022, 11:29:59 PM »
Sega offered M2 the job of doing a Saturn or 32x mini. M2 looked into it and declined saying it's not possible at the current time.

The only thing that is odd to me is 32x. My understanding is that people hacked the Genesis Mini and threw 32x games into the emulator and it ran fine. Not sure why M2, who again are extremely talented emulation programmers, are saying it can't handle 32x games as is without a new chipset.
There's a reason I can think of, go look at John's digital foundry retro episodes about the 32X. A lot of those games are barely using the 32X. But if M2 was told to make an actual mini that would replicate it accurately that would be different than simply having to emulate the few (mostly shitty) games that use the 32X more extensively. Plus a lot of the games have licenses attached that would probably be hard to get.

A 32X mini just doesn't seem worth it, making a fake emulation layer for a few games and including it in the Genesis makes more sense.

Regarding a Saturn, I have to imagine that would be a rather significant investment comparatively. Sega never shrunk the original chipset and that thing is fucking full of chips, which I have to imagine is why Saturn emulation is so poor compared to the PlayStation. A Dreamcast is easier to reproduce because it's so simple and well documented, and Sega did this deliberately after the Saturn mess, that while a Saturn is the next logical mini it'd be seem to be on paper much easier to skip ahead, do the Dreamcast and then come back to the Saturn. Even the higher costs of the more advanced chips required would seemingly be made up for by the Dreamcast's main chips being in such a well known lineage while the Saturn has all that weird shit stapled in it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30411 on: June 04, 2022, 06:38:46 AM »

As someone who loves the high end stuff I have to agree here.
There is no reason to buy DDR5 or the AM5 platform. Not to mention wasting all those fancy coolers on the 3060's.

With the GPU prices finally dropping I also wonder how the RTX 4000 series is going to stack up.
My guess is the market will move even more towards shrinking and efficiency because all of the shortages (Steamdeck, Xbox Series S etc.).
There won't be any significant movement on PC requirements until Unreal Engine 5 games are the norm.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #30412 on: June 04, 2022, 10:29:59 AM »

This looks so boring to me.

Dead Space's one unique selling point was the beam gun dismemberment system. Without that it just looks like a boring RE4/DS clone. Don't see why people are excited for this and I love RE4 and DS1/2 and even had some fun with DS3 and that Wii one.
I'm not excited per say, but I'm interested because we don't really have a lot of single-player focused over-the-shoulder horror games. I mean for horror it's mostly been first-person horror games recently. So I'll try this game, that looks like the are putting a lot behind a type of game few are.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30413 on: June 05, 2022, 05:51:00 PM »
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #30414 on: June 05, 2022, 08:19:39 PM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #30415 on: June 05, 2022, 09:51:19 PM »
videogame christmas is almost here :rejoice

https://twitter.com/summergamefest/status/1533497570806276096

It's nice to see the vocalist in every other single generic tropical house track found some more work.
^_^

Tasty

« Reply #30416 on: June 06, 2022, 01:30:01 AM »
Seems like a proper direction from the Adventure games.

True, but it also seems kind of... familiar...

Changed my mind, Sonic Frontiers looks terrible.  :lol

Fucking Sega.

Fans call on Sega to delay Sonic Frontiers following gameplay reveal

Fans beg SEGA for Sonic Frontiers delay after ‘terrible’ trailer

Had to watch it for myself... holy crap. :lol

Looks fun to mess around with for an hour or so.

Bebpo

« Reply #30417 on: June 06, 2022, 01:58:24 AM »
To be fair, that's pretty insulting to Dreams.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30418 on: June 06, 2022, 03:00:19 AM »
After Keanu we need Tom Cruise in video games.
Specifically Ace Combat 8: Maverick :cruise
🤴

thetylerrob

« Reply #30419 on: June 06, 2022, 02:19:51 PM »