Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3058612 times)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #31380 on: October 05, 2022, 07:19:05 AM »
I'm surprised the AI could determine the characters' ethnicity considering the OG models probably have 10 polygons at best used for the whole face.

Coax

« Reply #31381 on: October 05, 2022, 07:59:19 AM »
I'm surprised the AI could determine the characters' ethnicity considering the OG models probably have 10 polygons at best used for the whole face.

Tbf with Stable Diffusion you enter a text prompt to describe the desired output, even when using the image-to-image transformation, so wouldn't surprise me if that was part of it for some results.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #31382 on: October 05, 2022, 12:42:11 PM »
Wtf is overwatch
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31383 on: October 05, 2022, 03:04:12 PM »

:holeup
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31384 on: October 05, 2022, 03:06:24 PM »
they should have gone all the way and done a cell shaded one set in japon :expert

and get rid of the shitty cops
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31385 on: October 05, 2022, 03:50:17 PM »
nope
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31386 on: October 05, 2022, 04:20:27 PM »

:hesright
🤴

Himu

« Reply #31387 on: October 05, 2022, 04:42:48 PM »
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31388 on: October 05, 2022, 06:07:56 PM »
Should have done modern Auto Modelista.

paprikastaude

« Reply #31389 on: October 06, 2022, 03:44:18 AM »
Criterion game with a story? :larry Just let me drive and takedown.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31390 on: October 06, 2022, 06:23:19 AM »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31391 on: October 06, 2022, 10:02:29 AM »

Full trailer, with a lot of cool colors! Wow! Look at the flashy lights and quick cuts!
What

Svejk

« Reply #31392 on: October 06, 2022, 11:06:07 AM »
People have zero taste in aesthetics for cars these days.  Vomit inducing stickers, patterns, colors, rims, accessories... :kobeyuck  This is indeed a clown world we live in now.

I'm sure you can customize however you want, but this presentation seems awfully geared to focus on the more edgey/ non serious racer crowd.  Granted, I haven't played a NFS since the original Hot Pursuit... other racers just do it so much better now.  Gonna be a fat pass for me.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 11:15:24 AM by Svejk »

paprikastaude

« Reply #31393 on: October 06, 2022, 11:48:21 AM »
Need for Budget: unbound?

People have zero taste in aesthetics for cars these days.  Vomit inducing stickers, patterns, colors, rims, accessories... :kobeyuck  This is indeed a clown world we live in now.

NSF Underground came out in 2003.

Svejk

« Reply #31394 on: October 06, 2022, 12:04:09 PM »

These days, as in the turn of the century. :P  Underground looks to have been undoubtedly fueled by the gawdawful Fast series leading to a Kenny Powers Collection caliber of trashy colors and pointless spoilers and trim…  This shit looks like straight up Joker’s Minions type, hooligan cars.  The decline continues.  If they're atempting to show the broad range of customization, it's a bit of a turn off.  Borderline Saints Row cheese.... At least it was expected and tolerable in SR.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 12:12:11 PM by Svejk »

Himu

« Reply #31395 on: October 06, 2022, 12:24:33 PM »
Looks good. Notice the complaints are about aesthetics and nothing particularly substantial.

Wonder what the gameplay is like.

I'm sure you can customize however you want, but this presentation seems awfully geared to focus on the more edgey/ non serious racer crowd.  Granted, I haven't played a NFS since the original Hot Pursuit... other racers just do it so much better now.  Gonna be a fat pass for me.

It's called graffiti inspired and it looks sick.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #31396 on: October 06, 2022, 12:25:36 PM »

These days, as in the turn of the century. :P  Underground looks to have been undoubtedly fueled by the gawdawful Fast series leading to a Kenny Powers Collection caliber of trashy colors and pointless spoilers and trim…  This shit looks like straight up Joker’s Minions type, hooligan cars.  The decline continues.  If they're atempting to show the broad range of customization, it's a bit of a turn off.  Borderline Saints Row cheese.... At least it was expected and tolerable in SR.

You don't like street shit, it's not for you. I don't get the big deal.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #31397 on: October 06, 2022, 12:29:04 PM »

Aestehics aside, The few snippets of gameplay don't look any different than prior NFS attempts.  Feels like they're trying to sell it based on aesthetics in that trailer.  We need a new Ridge Racer or OutRun 3 more than ever now.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
with VR support  :D
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31398 on: October 06, 2022, 12:30:35 PM »
Notice the complaints are about aesthetics and nothing particularly substantial.

Well, that's the only thing they showed so...

I would love a NFSU3 or something, and this might be close to that so I'll still check it out.

Most of Criterions NFS games have been good to me, Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31399 on: October 06, 2022, 12:32:11 PM »
It's called graffiti inspired and it looks sick.

You think it looks sick? A few lines of comicy effects here and there doesn't make me all giddy.

I mean looks are always subjective, but this isn't like blowing me away. And yeah, it coming from EA really does give me a Hello fellow kids vibe.
What

Himu

« Reply #31400 on: October 06, 2022, 12:57:47 PM »

Aestehics aside, The few snippets of gameplay don't look any different than prior NFS attempts.  Feels like they're trying to sell it based on aesthetics in that trailer.  We need a new Ridge Racer or OutRun 3 more than ever now.
with VR support  :D
[close]

As said, NSF has had these kind of aesthetics almost 20 years now. It's basically NSF Underground except Jet Set Radio'd.
IYKYK

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31401 on: October 06, 2022, 03:12:34 PM »
Them just dropping some random anime style jpegs into an otherwise standard looking modern NFS is bizarre, jarring and cheap looking imo.

Like they couldn't be bothered to render some in-game characters for the award winning cut scenes.
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #31402 on: October 06, 2022, 05:45:17 PM »
If they showed an 80's gen Audi Turbo Quattro or 4000 Quattro, I could've probably looked past the rest.  :heh
:lawd :dsp
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #31403 on: October 06, 2022, 08:01:03 PM »
Mario Odyssey is so much better than Galaxy and the Galaxy HD thing proved it.

The only thing Mario 3D Collection proved is what we always knew all along: of the first three 3D Marios, Sunshine is the weakest.

Galaxy has nothing on hat jumping.

Hat Jumping is a FLUDD-like gimmick that was actually properly budgeted and not rushed out the door this time. It's a one-hit wonder that won't be returning in the next Mario game for obvious reasons: it's merely an extension of Mario's core platforming mechanics, not an inevitable path for the franchise.

Wrath was right about Mario Galaxy the whole time. It's a very rigid paint by the numbers linear platformer that takes away options.

Wrath always preferred pitting Galaxy 1 AND 2 against others in the franchise, and he preferred Galaxy 2. I'm not sure he'd prefer Odyssey over either. Don't put words in his mouth.

The ability to turn into Mario Odyssey's adds a whole new dimension.

The debate rages: is Mario World better for expanding the moveset with the cape, Yoshi, and alternate endings, or is Mario 3 better for its more focused approach on linear levels and powerups? While I prefer Mario World for nostalgic, aesthetic, and unexplanable reasons, in general I prefer my platformers to be in the latter category. YMMV.

Balloon World and online added tons of replay value to an already vast game.

A Miiverse-like gimmick that doesn't compare to the initial astonishment of Galaxy's Luigi New Game+.

Mario Galaxy put me to sleep in that collection.

Books put some people to sleep, but I still enjoy reading.

The idea that Odyssey isn't refreshing or does no new things with Mario is frankly bizarre. Also 3d Fury is extremely flawed although it has some good ideas.

By your own admission as well as that of the marketing (Directs/trailers/commercials), Odyssey's appeal versus Galaxy comes down to an expanded moveset (still lesser than Mario 64), a distaste for linear platforming levels (which is how Mario originally started, and how I prefer to platform, personally), and a readiness to accede timelessness in favor of newness.

Himu

« Reply #31404 on: October 06, 2022, 09:25:25 PM »
Wrath always preferred pitting Galaxy 1 AND 2 against others in the franchise, and he preferred Galaxy 2. I'm not sure he'd prefer Odyssey over either. Don't put words in his mouth.

I'm not putting words in his mouth. Wrath didn't like Galaxy 1 and his explanation was its linearity in level design especially compared to 64, something I didn't understand until the collection. Because the collection doesn't have Galaxy 2, which Wrath clearly preferred, I cannot compare. However, he was right about Galaxy 1 and it lacks substance despite being a good game.

64, Galaxy, and Sunshine have all aged poorly. Odyssey the GOAT. I'd definitely put 64 over Galaxy these days though.
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31405 on: October 07, 2022, 10:06:53 AM »
Looks good. Notice the complaints are about aesthetics and nothing particularly substantial.
However, he was right about Galaxy 1 and it lacks substance despite being a good game.
Just dismissing rather than addressing counterarguments lacks substance.

Svejk

« Reply #31406 on: October 07, 2022, 10:31:26 AM »
It just keeps going....

How's it going over there, Bethesda?  :ryker

Svejk

« Reply #31407 on: October 07, 2022, 01:39:37 PM »
Dad of War: Dadnarok has gone gold.
[close]

Himu

« Reply #31408 on: October 08, 2022, 05:44:25 PM »
However, he was right about Galaxy 1 and it lacks substance despite being a good game.
Just dismissing rather than addressing counterarguments lacks substance.

We barely know anything about the new NSF and the criticisms are hyperbolic and entirely based on aesthetical quality. There's not much to say or defend besides personal taste there.

Super Mario Galaxy is a game with a fairly limited toolset with extremely guided level design.

The jumps in it aren't too impressive. You can YouTube Super Mario Galaxy jumps and you don't see anything remarkably similar to the level of play and execution or creativity as you see in the Odyssey clips. Galaxy is a linear and more limiting game.

Also Andy's rebuttal that hat jumping is equivalent of Fludd gimmicks is illogical especially considering Galaxy's use of the spin, which is just as gimmicky. They're just tricks to help you get more air. All of the 3d Mario's besides 64 have "gimmicks" of some kind. That's kind of their thing. So his criticism is illogical.

If he believes what he says he should find SMG play that is as creative and fun as the Odyssey clips I've posted because I can't find them. They exist for SMG2 but not 1, which supports my argument.

This is extremely basic compared to what is in Odyssey. Sometimes the jumps use cool use of gravity but that's it.

Odyssey is the more creative, open-ended, and interesting game in terms of techniques and challenges. SMG is more of an "experience". If that's what you want, I support it. But as a platformer? Odyssey demolishes it in my personal viewpoint.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 05:57:02 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #31409 on: October 08, 2022, 06:02:26 PM »
Then there's the fact Odyssey has a whole ass moon level which blends the gravity of Galaxy with the tech of Odyssey.

Galaxy just can't compete imo. It is categorically inferior in terms of gameplay and extremely hard to go back to. My opinion.

Hopefully that's enough for you.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31410 on: October 08, 2022, 06:20:14 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy is so fucking good. Holy fucking shit.

Nearly every star is a masterpiece.  :rejoice
And then it hits you with Rosalina's story.  :cry

Plus the Evangelion ending  :aah
🤴

Himu

« Reply #31411 on: October 08, 2022, 06:23:52 PM »
Yeah it's a really good game and a really amazing experience. The soundtrack alone is amazing and masterful.
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #31412 on: October 08, 2022, 08:06:35 PM »
We barely know anything about the new NSF and the criticisms are hyperbolic and entirely based on aesthetical quality. There's not much to say or defend besides personal taste there.
Was anyone claiming to be criticizing anything but the aesthetics?

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31413 on: October 08, 2022, 08:49:17 PM »
Tbf every NFS in the last decade or so have been serviceable at best. EA revealing it 2 months from release doesn't inspire confidence, it's almost like it's being sent out to die :elon
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #31414 on: October 08, 2022, 08:50:40 PM »

Are you denying Himu’s lived experiences of imagining shit that isn’t there, shitlord?  :ufup
Margs

Himu

« Reply #31415 on: October 09, 2022, 12:44:42 AM »

No, but they were dismissing the entire game off of it and even surprised some people like the look of it. Seemed like gamer bitch shit to me. I'm used to gamers complaining about everything, from NSF, to Mario's voice in the movie, Overwatch 2, to Dead Space Remake price all in the same damn week. I found the reaction silly and hyperbolic. Deal with it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 01:19:32 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #31416 on: October 09, 2022, 01:23:07 AM »
Seemed like gamer bitch shit to me. I'm used to gamers complaining about everything, from NSF, to Mario's voice in the movie, Overwatch 2, to...
Other people bitching about the latest Need For Speed they don't like the look of?

Himu

« Reply #31417 on: October 09, 2022, 06:33:38 AM »
Seemed like gamer bitch shit to me. I'm used to gamers complaining about everything, from NSF, to Mario's voice in the movie, Overwatch 2, to...
Other people bitching about the latest Need For Speed they don't like the look of?

Yeah, stuff like "vomit inducing colors" for a street inspired game. Re re shit like that is worth mocking. Sorry you disagree. While things are certainly down to personal taste, most people would think a car game inspired by street culture aesthetics having loud colors and actually complaining about it being the equivalent of being a paste eater. This is compounded by the fact I have seen literally no one else talk about the games aesthetics in this manner. It's like,"it's a street-based car game. Are you ritarded?" Most people, like myself, would just move on. It's like complaining Jet Set Radio has bright ass colors. There's nothing in the game that is as distracting as say, Street Fighter VI's Kimberly, as much as I think that game (SFVI) looks fantastic. Just sounds like the cries of a 40 year old white man and I'm allowed to make fun of it and think it's wack just as much as they're allowed to bitch about it like cows in heat. Move on with it, this is my last post on this and this entire thing is pointless.

As a final suggestion, look at the comments in this trailer reveal and how most normal people think about it, and then re-read the comments here, and reasonably conclude they're made by a bunch of old people screaming at clouds.

Just stupid gamer shit.

Oh look, vomit inducing colors like green and yellow next to black. Makes me wanna throw up, like when I look at Jamaica's flag. I really, really, dislike analogous colors!!! See. It's re re white boy shit. Then there's the king crown, an obvious NYC ode. You can tell it's probably based in Brooklyn. The aesthetics wouldn't be out of place in a place I've literally fucking lived. Again, re re white boy shit. It's also telling all the people yapping about it looking like shit are non-American which is funny to observe, but anyway...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 07:04:21 AM by Himu »
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31418 on: October 09, 2022, 07:07:24 AM »
Never read Youtube comments
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31419 on: October 09, 2022, 07:41:35 AM »
What I'm mostly dissapointed about is how little the trailer tells us about the game.
- Is it open world or just tracks?
- Is it 60fps?
- Is it online only?
- Can you tune the cars or only change the appearance?
- How much content is day 1, how much is season pass / DLC?
etc.

EA does not deserve the 'benefit of the doubt' like other developers do.
This game drops in 2 months and we don't know anything about it.
Just that it is a Need for Speed game with bright colors.
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #31420 on: October 09, 2022, 07:41:56 AM »
I love it.
Just hope it doesn't control like shit / a weird camera / an fps lock
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31421 on: October 09, 2022, 10:13:51 AM »

Kinda distracting to me but ok it doesnt look bad

But what does it add really?
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31422 on: October 09, 2022, 01:22:33 PM »
Hopefully that can all be turned off.

One returning problem with modern EA games is the poor visibility.
In Battlefield V you could hardly see other players in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remaster the night races became almost unplayable because they messed around with the lighting.
In Battlefield 2042 all the post processing effects and glowing sand made it hard to see anything.

I have a fancy Samsung Odyssey panel for PC and an LG OLED TV for console.
But I imagine that if you own a regular ass LCD panel the Porsche on the right is nearly indistinguishable from the crash barriers and the car on the left blends in too.
The headlights barely seem to illuminate the road.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31423 on: October 09, 2022, 04:33:11 PM »
That neon barf looks horrid wtf are they thinking
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #31424 on: October 09, 2022, 05:28:33 PM »

Yeah, stuff like "vomit inducing colors" for a street inspired game. Re re shit like that is worth mocking. Sorry you disagree. While things are certainly down to personal taste, most people would think a car game inspired by street culture aesthetics having loud colors and actually complaining about it being the equivalent of being a paste eater. This is compounded by the fact I have seen literally no one else talk about the games aesthetics in this manner. It's like,"it's a street-based car game. Are you ritarded?" Most people, like myself, would just move on. It's like complaining Jet Set Radio has bright ass colors. There's nothing in the game that is as distracting as say, Street Fighter VI's Kimberly, as much as I think that game (SFVI) looks fantastic. Just sounds like the cries of a 40 year old white man and I'm allowed to make fun of it and think it's wack just as much as they're allowed to bitch about it like cows in heat. Move on with it, this is my last post on this and this entire thing is pointless.

As a final suggestion, look at the comments in this trailer reveal and how most normal people think about it, and then re-read the comments here, and reasonably conclude they're made by a bunch of old people screaming at clouds.

Just stupid gamer shit.

Oh look, vomit inducing colors like green and yellow next to black. Makes me wanna throw up, like when I look at Jamaica's flag. I really, really, dislike analogous colors!!! See. It's re re white boy shit. Then there's the king crown, an obvious NYC ode. You can tell it's probably based in Brooklyn. The aesthetics wouldn't be out of place in a place I've literally fucking lived. Again, re re white boy shit. It's also telling all the people yapping about it looking like shit are non-American which is funny to observe, but anyway...
No need to rage about what others think of the first impression. Lol You're right, it is stupid gamer shit, but isn't that what we do here?  I can bash Nintendo all day while folks call me PS stan, but that's fine. We like what we like for our entertainment.

You've been in a racer mood of late, so maybe this is ticking all the boxes for you right now based on first impression, which is great.   :) I'll be the first to admit that I'm biased of the old school style of NFS (less is more) approach... But it's been done over and over again, so good on them for trying something new.  It was expected to not jive with everyone, just like any game, movie or TV show.

Guacamelee is a well done, clever platformer. But I can't bare to play it because of the art direction. (I'm an artist myself, so it makes it even harder to not be critical.. it's a blessing and a curse.) Why would one play a fucking video game that's not visually impressive/pleasing to them just for gameplay in this day and age though?  Aren't video games art? (Debatable to many) Are we suppose to like all art just because it's a form of art?  I love JSR, but it just feels it's tacked on NFS based on this trailer.   There's a trillion racers out there now, which makes the decision based on first impression much easier for some.  Who knows.. it could actually play like a dream and have some bomb ass courses and multiplayer features... But that's not what this trailer is showing.  It's clearly pushing aesthetics front and center. What little gameplay they showed brought nothing else. 

Hell, I had zero interest in Bloodborne initially due to the victorian/gothic theme/aesthetics.. But after you and Boris talking about it with such detail and passion in the soulsborne thread, I was convinced to try it.. and for that, I'm so thankful because BB is the fucking shit. 
We'll see how NFSU goes.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31425 on: October 09, 2022, 11:09:21 PM »
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #31426 on: October 09, 2022, 11:14:24 PM »
Re re shit like that is worth mocking. Sorry you disagree. While things are certainly down to personal taste, most people would think a car game inspired by street culture aesthetics having loud colors and actually complaining about it being the equivalent of being a paste eater. This is compounded by the fact I have seen literally no one else talk about the games aesthetics in this manner. It's like,"it's a street-based car game. Are you ritarded?" Most people, like myself, would just move on. It's like complaining Jet Set Radio has bright ass colors. There's nothing in the game that is as distracting as say, Street Fighter VI's Kimberly, as much as I think that game (SFVI) looks fantastic. Just sounds like the cries of a 40 year old white man and I'm allowed to make fun of it and think it's wack just as much as they're allowed to bitch about it like cows in heat. Move on with it, this is my last post on this and this entire thing is pointless.

Just stupid gamer shit. ... It's re re white boy shit. ... Again, re re white boy shit. It's also telling all the people yapping about it looking like shit are non-American which is funny to observe, but anyway...
Your posts sound like gamer bitch shit to me, just completely lacking substance. I'm used to gamers complaining about everything.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31427 on: October 10, 2022, 03:05:49 AM »
Lol a bit barsh benji but I get you. A few complaints about certain graphical features isnt anything to get upset about in my view.
What

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31428 on: October 10, 2022, 03:21:20 AM »
Re re shit like that is worth mocking. Sorry you disagree. While things are certainly down to personal taste, most people would think a car game inspired by street culture aesthetics having loud colors and actually complaining about it being the equivalent of being a paste eater. This is compounded by the fact I have seen literally no one else talk about the games aesthetics in this manner. It's like,"it's a street-based car game. Are you ritarded?" Most people, like myself, would just move on. It's like complaining Jet Set Radio has bright ass colors. There's nothing in the game that is as distracting as say, Street Fighter VI's Kimberly, as much as I think that game (SFVI) looks fantastic. Just sounds like the cries of a 40 year old white man and I'm allowed to make fun of it and think it's wack just as much as they're allowed to bitch about it like cows in heat. Move on with it, this is my last post on this and this entire thing is pointless.

Just stupid gamer shit. ... It's re re white boy shit. ... Again, re re white boy shit. It's also telling all the people yapping about it looking like shit are non-American which is funny to observe, but anyway...
Your posts sound like gamer bitch shit to me, just completely lacking substance. I'm used to gamers complaining about everything.
Benji you really shouldn't plagiarise your work.
Spud

Svejk

« Reply #31429 on: October 10, 2022, 10:14:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/status/1579471964468826112

Going based off the gif snippet, I’m going to guess that the flashy “bells and whistles” will all be customizable, hence only there if you put them there… that’s good.  I do like rat styles on 80’s cars in particular.  Want to see vehicle variety.  However, being EA, not holding my breath on a premium package.

BIONIC

« Reply #31430 on: October 10, 2022, 11:10:24 AM »
New drip. Spin the block and stunt on the opps.

Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31431 on: October 10, 2022, 02:19:54 PM »
That meme sums up EA for the last decade or so.

What was the last 'really' good game they released? Mass Effect 1+2+3 remastered?
And that was a remaster.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #31432 on: October 10, 2022, 03:31:43 PM »
I like how they don't even bother fixing known glitches in FIFA from previous years now (unless its ultimate team related), never mind patching it there and then :doge
(ice)

BIONIC

« Reply #31433 on: October 10, 2022, 04:41:25 PM »
That meme sums up EA for the last decade or so.

What was the last 'really' good game they released? Mass Effect 1+2+3 remastered?
And that was a remaster.

They published It Takes Two. That was pretty good.
Margs

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31434 on: October 11, 2022, 03:02:18 AM »
Well I was surprised this is EA published/co-developed with Koei

What

paprikastaude

« Reply #31435 on: October 11, 2022, 08:42:00 AM »
Pseudo Toukiden, Criteron NFS and Dead Space make EA interesting to me for the first time since like 2008. If these games are good, that's good. If not, not much changes. :shrug Hopefully Callisto Protocoll is good aka quasi Dead Space 4 - the DS1 remake isn't really needed anyway. Monster Hunter World 2 is around the corner too if Wild Hearts was bad. NFS looks ok, but open world is a bummer and I know that Criterion isn't the same studio as in 2005 (similar to how Retro Studios for Metroid Prime 4 realistically is no guarantee for quality).

But I don't have any animosity towards any publisher as long as they are good, regardless of what they fucked up prior. From the big Western publishers, last gen was the first time Activision won me over, thanks to things like Crash and Sekiro and Platinum Transformers. Maybe now it's EA. Capcom was a trainwreck until ca. 2017, now they are top again.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #31438 on: October 12, 2022, 01:56:43 AM »

Polident Hive

« Reply #31439 on: October 12, 2022, 08:40:44 AM »

:ohhh

Sakurai’s grand plan revealed. Teaching Smash Bros fans to learn basic skills. The episode on soap will be earth shattering.