Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3058683 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #31201 on: September 17, 2022, 12:58:23 PM »

:whoo
🤴

Himu

« Reply #31202 on: September 17, 2022, 01:12:18 PM »
:hyper
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #31203 on: September 17, 2022, 02:24:36 PM »
The leaked images supposedly are from a 2021 presentation, the reveal could happen whenever and didn't concern TGS. I mean, I wish it was false, but sadly Bloober Hill of all things seems to be the only big rumour that's actually happening :goty

So basically this probably got Konami Kancelled behind the scenes and we'll never hear about it anyways. :lol

Also indie devs often make pitches and vertical slices for pubs based on publisher IP. Renegade Kid wanted to do a Silent Hill on DS. And I don't think the Halo DS prototype was officially commissioned (or if it were, that's as far as it went).

For example this vertical slice was totally unauthorized and breaks copyright out the wazoo. Buuuuut if the publisher ended up liking it, then it'd be the start of a new project.

Tasty

« Reply #31204 on: September 17, 2022, 02:27:19 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31205 on: September 17, 2022, 03:38:46 PM »
G4 is ded. G4 is not ded.

There were layoffs and a tone-deaf tweet.

https://kotaku.com/g4tv-layoffs-twitch-x-play-adam-sessler-g4-1849537114

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/09/15/g4-host-frosk-posts-tone-deaf-meme-celebrating-her-continued-employment-after-network-hit-with-massive-layoffs/

Ah, the good ol' TechTV/G4 cycle. Wouldn't feel right if we went the entire 202Xs without having one.
Who would willingly sit and watch this thing screech at you about sexism?
Spud

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #31206 on: September 17, 2022, 05:18:49 PM »
 :nope

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31207 on: September 17, 2022, 09:16:25 PM »
She’s a perfectly fine host and new g4 is perfectly fine background game chatter. I’ve liked having it on.

Bebpo

« Reply #31208 on: September 18, 2022, 02:48:02 AM »
gta6 2019 ps4 build footage leaked in mass.

Looks pretty damn good even for ps4 and 3 years old and alpha. Game is gonna be impressive for sure. Will be nice having a good city sandbox game again.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31209 on: September 18, 2022, 04:26:15 AM »

Goddamn who expected an actual GTA 6 leak with the way Rockstar runs things?

I mean, it was a treat to even get gameplay for GTA 4/5 before the game was in stores lmao

Crossgen is kinda fucked up tho
What

Himu

« Reply #31210 on: September 18, 2022, 04:52:44 AM »
Rockstar did it on purpose for hype.

Looks excellent. Most anticipated game at this point.

IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31211 on: September 18, 2022, 05:29:48 AM »
Why would they? Their hype machine never fails anyway?
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31212 on: September 18, 2022, 07:19:39 AM »

The mad man makes specs for all the Smash animations himself :titus
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31213 on: September 18, 2022, 11:18:50 AM »

Apparently someone haxx0red Rockstar and stole the source code for the game and for GTA5.   One of the GTA6 videos may also be running on a PS4 devkit. 

Edit:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1571489679534608384
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #31214 on: September 18, 2022, 12:48:54 PM »

Apparently someone haxx0red Rockstar and stole the source code for the game and for GTA5.   One of the GTA6 videos may also be running on a PS4 devkit. 

Edit:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1571489679534608384

The game is obviously still years and years away.. who cares right now. It's obviously going to look amazing and be the top selling game when it releases.  MaRk My WeRdS!1!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 01:01:29 PM by Svejk »

Tasty

« Reply #31215 on: September 18, 2022, 02:28:05 PM »
It's not even gonna have any licensed music yet.

Himu

« Reply #31216 on: September 18, 2022, 02:54:05 PM »
It's not even gonna have any licensed music yet.

Bring back the original GTA music. I really, really want them to mock modern music.
IYKYK

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31217 on: September 19, 2022, 01:14:14 AM »
I'll just take a rockstar game that doesn't control like absolute arse thanks...
Spud

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31218 on: September 19, 2022, 06:28:14 AM »
They dont if you put the controls to fps standard scheme
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31219 on: September 19, 2022, 02:02:03 PM »
RETURN TO MONKEY ISLAND IS OUT AAAHHHHHHHH WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES???!!!!
What

Bebpo

« Reply #31220 on: September 19, 2022, 02:35:47 PM »
Yeah, reviews are good. Sounds like a return to form after Monkey Island 4 and Tales from Monkey Island.

Starting it tonight.

Only gripe I have is the game is $24.99 when most stuff like this is $19.99. But whatever. Also I don't like the art style, but I can look past that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31221 on: September 19, 2022, 04:07:06 PM »
New trailer for Metroid Dread Trinity Fusion:

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31222 on: September 19, 2022, 04:08:21 PM »
Yeah, reviews are good. Sounds like a return to form after Monkey Island 4 and Tales from Monkey Island.

Starting it tonight.

Only gripe I have is the game is $24.99 when most stuff like this is $19.99. But whatever. Also I don't like the art style, but I can look past that.

Same- Ron Gilbert doing the real Monkey Island 3??  I am there!
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31223 on: September 19, 2022, 06:56:52 PM »

Curse is still Monkey Island 3 for me, but Ive played it a bit and I do love it so far
What

Bebpo

« Reply #31224 on: September 19, 2022, 07:34:09 PM »
Yeah, I think the whole "Curse isn't real because it's not the original team" is silly. I played these games as a kid as they came out and Curse was fucking awesome and my favorite of the first three easily.

It's not like when some other team takes over and makes a shitty game. If another team makes a game in a series and it's good, then it counts as a proper game in the series.

Bebpo

« Reply #31225 on: September 19, 2022, 07:47:33 PM »
How much do you love Tekken?

https://www.supremenewyork.com/news

Tasty

« Reply #31226 on: September 19, 2022, 09:33:29 PM »
Yeah, I think the whole "Curse isn't real because it's not the original team" is silly. I played these games as a kid as they came out and Curse was fucking awesome and my favorite of the first three easily.

It's not like when some other team takes over and makes a shitty game. If another team makes a game in a series and it's good, then it counts as a proper game in the series.

Who decides? The original creator, or the company that ended up with the rights? :thinking

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31227 on: September 20, 2022, 12:00:09 AM »

I don't see a problem with it.  The guy who came up with the ideas and themes for the original game returns and wants to make a game picking up where he left off- I'm all for it. 

Played for a few hours and am really enjoying the game.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #31228 on: September 20, 2022, 12:07:16 AM »
Return to Monkey Island's art style works a lot better in motion when playing. Really good animation.

Also if you're playing on PC remember to put quality on the highest. I was wondering while all the sprites were lower resolution until I changed it and then it looked nice and sharp on my 1440p monitor.

I don't see a problem with it.  The guy who came up with the ideas and themes for the original game returns and wants to make a game picking up where he left off- I'm all for it. 

Played for a few hours and am really enjoying the game.

That's fine, I'm just saying Curse is still a fine Monkey Island game. The fanbase has a tendency to just throw it under the bus because it's not the original team.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31229 on: September 20, 2022, 01:01:06 AM »

Who decides? The original creator, or the company that ended up with the rights? :thinking
I like when the company tries to continue on with the brand and the creators make a spiritual successor. The FPS genre has lots of instances of the latter succeeding while the former fades away, Medal of Honor -> Call of Duty, Operation Flashpoint -> ARMA, STALKER -> Metro, etc.

Tasty

« Reply #31230 on: September 20, 2022, 01:22:31 AM »
Project FEAR -> that game I forgot

Himu

« Reply #31231 on: September 20, 2022, 01:46:20 AM »
SWAT -> Ready or Not
Doom -> Doom
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #31232 on: September 20, 2022, 03:39:55 AM »

Curse is still Monkey Island 3 for me, but Ive played it a bit and I do love it so far

This game literally incorporates 3, 4 and the Telltale episodes as canon in the beginning (if you click on the recap thing) and doesn't label itself as 3. :idont

Anyway, even now, the Guybrush face I simply can't get used to. Looks so bad.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 04:02:41 AM by paprikastaude »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31233 on: September 20, 2022, 10:29:02 AM »
This game literally incorporates 3, 4 and the Telltale episodes as canon in the beginning (if you click on the recap thing) and doesn't label itself as 3. :idont

Yeah, but it picks right up directly after the second game.  It's the "new" 3- which is fine since there wasn't a numbered 3 in this series anyway. 

Definitely nothing is being ignored:
https://www.cbr.com/return-to-monkey-island-confirms-previous-games-canon/
Gilbert and Grossman, who created the Monkey Island series and co-developed the first two games for LucasArts, haven't had much of a hand in the series since then. In April, they announced their return to the world of Monkey Island. Speaking to IGN, the two stated that they have no intention of rewriting the canon of the series, and they intend to honor the decisions of the other writers and developers who worked on the franchise. "Neither Dave nor I felt like we could throw them out," Gilbert said, pointing out that the sequels released in the time since their departure added too much to the series to let go of.

Anyway, even now, the Guybrush face I simply can't get used to. Looks so bad.

I'm with Bebpo in that the art looks fine in-game.  I definitely prefer the old sprite art from back in the day though.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31234 on: September 20, 2022, 11:55:43 AM »

Impressive performance for such a small device.
However, it's a hungry beast (~1 hour of play time) and the GPU performance (Vega) isn't great.

Better to wait for the Ryzen 6000 models with RDNA graphics.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31235 on: September 20, 2022, 06:33:02 PM »
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31236 on: September 20, 2022, 06:42:38 PM »
I'm sure 2 of the 14 people who watch that shit are devastated :snob
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31238 on: September 20, 2022, 07:05:08 PM »
What

Tasty

« Reply #31240 on: September 20, 2022, 09:22:36 PM »
Dunno if X-Play was ever good but I'm super nostalgic for it.

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #31243 on: September 21, 2022, 12:24:36 AM »
I'm surprised at how many people seem to think any objection to her rant was the vague feminist-ish content of part of it and not that it was stupid, seemed deliberately provocative in a needless manufactured way, and a weird thing to be doing in the context of when she did it. (Especially how G4 immediately tweeted it as a "mic drop" historic moment for women everywhere and then how last week they deleted it from their YouTube even as everyone was insisting G4 still backed it and her.)

The only thing anyone wants from G4 is more Icons (not the last season) and probably Cops/Man Show reruns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icons_(TV_series)

edit: Oh, how could I forget Fastlane!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 12:28:43 AM by benjipwns »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31244 on: September 21, 2022, 01:00:46 AM »
Fastlane was cool as fuck for its time 😂 or at least I thought so
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31245 on: September 21, 2022, 08:15:23 AM »
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1572439324016377858

:trumps

NDA Dan was talking complete shit and we bought it but you can totally trust the rest of us
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31246 on: September 21, 2022, 09:43:59 AM »

Set in a world that celebrates videogame nostalgia, The Last Hero of Nostalgaia blends the complex systems and dark aesthetics of its Souls-like inspirations with a wicked tale told by a cynical narrator who jeers your attempts to save the world from a blight of pixelation at every turn. Delivering tough but fair combat, engaging narrative mechanics rich in lore and even an online co-op mode, The Last Hero of Nostalgaia draws on the best of the games that inspired it while delivering a humorous and innovative twist on the genre.

Nostalgaia is the world of videogames, and it’s collapsing backwards into a mysterious pixelation. Everything is fading away to nothing: even the memories of our proud, cherished video games are being lost. Now, with our fidelity all but gone, at the very brink of extinction, hope emerges to fight back.

As the most hideous pixelated hero to ever spawn in Nostalgaia, you must fight through an army of mindless inhabitants populating the degenerating world, all while absorbing the insults and putdowns of a narrator who despises your very existence.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #31247 on: September 21, 2022, 11:09:45 AM »
I don't want to play because of the name
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #31248 on: September 21, 2022, 12:12:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1572439324016377858

:trumps

NDA Dan was talking complete shit and we bought it but you can totally trust the rest of us

Remind me what the definition of insanity is again?

Beezy

Himu

« Reply #31250 on: September 22, 2022, 12:02:52 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

This looks amazing!

"Not interested."

:dead literal tears in my eyes from laughter. It also looks great. The iconic shit when Cloud looks at the reactor is amazing
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 01:03:50 PM by Himu »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31251 on: September 22, 2022, 12:48:18 PM »
Has anyone tried the CoD Modern Warfare II beta?  Is it good?  Wasn't big on Vanguard and am hoping this is better.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #31252 on: September 23, 2022, 06:42:14 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #31253 on: September 23, 2022, 06:43:14 PM »
Has anyone tried the CoD Modern Warfare II beta?  Is it good?  Wasn't big on Vanguard and am hoping this is better.
It's only out for people who preordered. Open beta for everyone is only Sept 24-26.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31254 on: September 24, 2022, 09:15:00 PM »
A new Space Harrier-esque game has been announced for Switch:

PiXEL has announced Angelian Trigger, a psuedo-3D-2D-style 3D shoot ’em up for Switch. It will launch in 2023 with support for both English and Japanese language options.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #31255 on: September 24, 2022, 10:47:29 PM »
I greatly dislike modern game trailers. That thing took a full minute to show actual gameplay footage

The gameplay looks really rough and even worse than Space Harrier 1. The animations aren't smooth and it's it looks about as good as the PS2 Space Harrier, the worst Space Harrier game of all time.

Not a good first impression.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31256 on: September 25, 2022, 03:20:51 AM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 12:08:59 AM by team filler »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31257 on: September 25, 2022, 03:53:21 AM »

Its meh
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31258 on: September 25, 2022, 12:36:06 PM »

:hesright
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #31259 on: September 25, 2022, 12:44:03 PM »
Yeah, one reason I can't stand & skip most demos. Since they tend to be the start of the games which means sitting through 30 mins of cutscenes and tutorials just so you can fucking try the game for 60 seconds to see if it clicks.

I get why modern games have tutorials (because people are dumb and too lazy to read a manual or just trial & error figure things out) and why they have cutscenes at the start (to establish the "story" of the world and how you got to that point). But I think games would be better without both, or at least keep both to like 1-2 mins max.