Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3018421 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #20340 on: September 17, 2018, 02:36:06 AM »
I too bit on that BF1 deal because the betas never did the city maps and I'd like to see those at least once and $5 seemed fair.

They did the same for BF3 as well. The only one they didn't was BC2 Vietnam I assume because of the weird way that's actually attached to the game. (They did make it so if you register any key you get the DIGITAL DELUXE version though, even if say, you only had Standard on Steam. I don't remember what this actually gives you though.) Even BF2142's final patch gave it all the DLC and that game was pretty much dead.

DICE has said before that when they "move on" from a game, they don't want to leave a whole bunch of versions and DLC out there, that PREMIUM should become the standard version to level the player base and ideally EA would take all the rest of the stuff off the store. They even did it for the first Star Wars Battlefront and actually got EA to yank everything but the PREMIUM from the store unless you own the base game and want to upgrade at some discount.

Hardline was a bit of a different story because how all of that happened and collapsed...and they still gave out the DLC people actually wanted, and made it so the regular version is never on sale, only the PREMIUM. Actually, they had been doing this pricing wise on the Origin store for BF1 for a few months, pricing the REVOLUTION pack lower than the base game while giving away the DLC every other week. Star Wars they were doing stuff like putting the base game on sale for $10 and the full pack for $12 and hiding the base game through like three different pages to get to it.

I suspect Battlefront II may not get this treatment though. :lol
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:40:19 AM by benjipwns »

kingv

« Reply #20341 on: September 17, 2018, 09:41:59 AM »
Discussing battefront 2 makes me think about the great lootbox wars of 2017.

For a minute it seemed like all premium games were going to have loot boxes worked in somehow. It seems like that didn’t really pan out after all. I guess they must not have been profitable outside of overwatch and sports games.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #20342 on: September 17, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #20343 on: September 17, 2018, 08:08:00 PM »
Discussing battefront 2 makes me think about the great lootbox wars of 2017.

For a minute it seemed like all premium games were going to have loot boxes worked in somehow. It seems like that didn’t really pan out after all. I guess they must not have been profitable outside of overwatch and sports games.
More like they got extreme negative attention by outlets and people beyond gaming.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #20344 on: September 18, 2018, 04:30:38 AM »

This is honestly one of the few Tri Ace games I like. Nice to see it have another chance at life.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #20345 on: September 18, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »
Terrible trailer, but there's not much they can do, since the game makes absolutely zero fucking sense
fat

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #20346 on: September 18, 2018, 08:32:20 AM »
https://www.pubg.com/2018/09/14/community-weekly-post-september-week-2/

We wanted to let our players know that we are aware of framerate issues on the Xbox One X, and that this is a top priority for us. We understand the frustration that this is causing and we will be deploying a hotfix on September 18 to implement some changes that will help with this issue.

This hotfix will include toning down many of the graphical settings on the Xbox One X.

This includes the following changes:

Shadow Quality (Both Dynamic/Static) lowered
    Post Processing
        Turn off Motion Blur
        Decrease quality of Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)
        Turn off Depth of Field
        Turn off Lens Flare
        Decrease Eyes Adaption Quality
            This is the time it takes for your eyes to adapt to the dark when you go from a bright to dark place.
    Effects
        Turn off Screen Space Reflection (SSR)
            This is the reflection from windows and such.
        Turn off Refraction
            This is refracted light.
        Turn off Subsurface Scattering (SSS)
            This is when there is light inside an object to make it look more real.
        Turn off Particle Light
            This is dynamic light from different effects such as explosions.
        Lower the number of particles created

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #20347 on: September 18, 2018, 10:15:12 AM »
I always wanted to play RoF as never got around to it, but that trailer made it seem like everything aside from maybe the battle system is likely terrible.  :lol

kingv

« Reply #20348 on: September 18, 2018, 10:36:02 AM »
IMO the X1X is sometimes crazily hampered by its slow CPU, especially on poorly optimized ports.

My daughter likes this game in roblox that has a lot of physics going on, and playing it on my 2015 i5 with a 970 is night and day to the X1X.

The X1X looks like a slideshow, but the pc is a smooth 60.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #20349 on: September 18, 2018, 05:23:30 PM »
I always wanted to play RoF as never got around to it, but that trailer made it seem like everything aside from maybe the battle system is likely terrible.  :lol
Seems like an accurate trailer then.

It's really the weapon customization, battle system, relaxed tone, and some of the character interactions that make the game.

It's not the story thats for sure.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:05:14 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20350 on: September 18, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »
IMO the X1X is sometimes crazily hampered by its slow CPU, especially on poorly optimized ports.

My daughter likes this game in roblox that has a lot of physics going on, and playing it on my 2015 i5 with a 970 is night and day to the X1X.

AMD CPU's are so shit they should be sued for wasting precious resources producing that garbage.

My bro is now trying to optimize his UE4 shootbang game for the Ryzen. Which is as unstable as the value of the Bitcoin.
On an i7 or i5 it either runs at 60/90/120 fps, depending on settings and speed but it runs stable.

Ryzen hits anything between 20 and 120 fps whenever it feels like it. If Sony and MS opt for Ryzen in their next gen boxes be prepared for complete and utter garbage.
Worse than the fucking Piledriver(what's in a name).

Still Microsoft heavily modified the Jaguar CPU for the Xbox One X to actually make it useful. So who knows they might be able to salvage Ryzen the same way.
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #20351 on: September 18, 2018, 07:18:50 PM »

and some people claim games cant be art

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #20352 on: September 19, 2018, 12:15:35 AM »

This is honestly one of the few Tri Ace games I like. Nice to see it have another chance at life.
So many conflicted feelings. On one hand, it's Tri-Ace! On the other hand it's...tri-ace....I remember distinctly the tutorial was 26 chapters long. 26 CHAPTERS!

And all we have are raisins :(
que

Raist

« Reply #20353 on: September 19, 2018, 03:02:43 AM »

Or you know, PUBG is trash.

paprikastaude

« Reply #20354 on: September 19, 2018, 07:01:25 AM »
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/castlevania-requiem-symphony-of-the-night-rondo-of-blood-rated-for-ps4-in-korea

The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood for PlayStation 4

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #20355 on: September 19, 2018, 07:41:19 AM »

Or you know, PUBG is trash.

Its certainly trash on Xbox.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #20356 on: September 19, 2018, 07:41:30 AM »
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/castlevania-requiem-symphony-of-the-night-rondo-of-blood-rated-for-ps4-in-korea

The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood for PlayStation 4

WOWWW
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #20357 on: September 19, 2018, 09:48:59 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20358 on: September 19, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »
Nintendo's Switch NES emulator thingy is exactly the same as the NES Classic and thus has already been hacked.
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
^_^

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20360 on: September 20, 2018, 06:48:02 AM »

kingv

« Reply #20361 on: September 20, 2018, 11:33:02 AM »
 No coop or suplexes?!

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #20362 on: September 21, 2018, 01:20:17 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20363 on: September 21, 2018, 02:40:30 PM »
https://www.psu.com/news/resident-evil-2-remake-ada-wong/

:stahp
The trenchcoat is gonna come off, don't worry.
Red dress, red pantsuit, red skirtsuit as long as it's red and stylish   :stahp

:stahp

I'm staying offline until it comes out so I avoid any spoilers.
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #20364 on: September 21, 2018, 03:14:08 PM »
Hey, I don’t mean to ruin it for you, but Stars wins this one too.

« Reply #20365 on: September 22, 2018, 09:32:44 PM »

Ace Attorney 123HD coming to Switch, XB1, PS4 and Steam.
Kind of lame they didn't include Apollo Justice in there as well. If they are including voice acting then I hope they do better with the English voice actors since the VA in the 3DS games weren't very good.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20366 on: September 24, 2018, 11:51:05 AM »
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/09/22/nba-2k-players-getting-stuck-in-never-ending-games-and-other-bugs
The influx of complaints has gotten high enough that @2KSupport has tweeted three times (on September 9th, 17th and 19th) to say, “We are receiving more tickets than normal. We’re doing everything we can to get to your case.” On the NBA 2K subreddit, a representative from the 2K team said to wait for 7-8 days because “that specific department is being overwhelmed.” Kotaku reached out to 2K regarding these bugs but did not receive comment before publication.
A Reddit user named Matt told Kotaku over Reddit private messages that he found himself trapped in an unending game ten days ago. He had come home after work expecting to grind through My Career mode, only to discover the game’s camera was acting strangely. “It went straight into the normal camera mode, and not onto the bench where I would normally be (with a sim to sub in button),” he said. “Instead it was in 2K camera, without any indication that I could go into the game and play, I was literally just watching the CPU play the game. And then I noticed that there was 0 seconds on the clock, and that the shot clock was stuck at 7:08.”

Quitting the game and starting it back up again didn’t do anything to fix this bug. “When I go into my guy’s MyCareer, it brings me straight to gameplay with the same thing, 0 seconds on the clock, and my guy watching the CPU play,” he said.

Matt said this game is now sitting at 345 to 456 points, with no indication that there will ever be a second quarter. He contacted 2K about this bug and, six days later, he received an automated message in response. “All in all, this is a terrible situation and has been so far handled terribly by 2K,” he said. Matt ended up making a new save and player to play with, but wishes he could go back to his old save, where his character had higher stats. “I just want to play with my 88 overall guy again,” he said. “I spent all my preorder VC on top of buying an additional 20 dollars in VC to max him out, and it’s all wasted.”
:doge

paprikastaude

« Reply #20367 on: September 24, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »
I'd like to be excited but literally all the big Genesis games under Sega were ported a billion times on any other system. So I find myself mostly going "eh" :yeshrug

But what if it has like Hard Corps and Mortal Kombat :tocry (lol Sega not gonna bother asking as usual for whatever reason)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20368 on: September 24, 2018, 02:29:21 PM »
my 88 overall guy again

You ain't slick, benji.
©@©™

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #20369 on: September 25, 2018, 08:24:05 AM »
I'd like to be excited but literally all the big Genesis games under Sega were ported a billion times on any other system. So I find myself mostly going "eh" :yeshrug

But what if it has like Hard Corps and Mortal Kombat :tocry (lol Sega not gonna bother asking as usual for whatever reason)

The last couple versions of the AtGames Genesis clone have had the MK games built in, so it's possible.  But yeah, it'll probably be the same 10 good games and the rest filler like Bonanza Bros like every other Genesis collection.

kingv

« Reply #20370 on: September 25, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »
Why would anyone want the genesis versions of Mortal Kombat when the arcade accurate version is available on every platform under the sun? All of the home versions were just inferior clones.

I mostly played the snes version, but I know it was really inaccurate gameplay wise.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20371 on: September 25, 2018, 09:37:07 AM »
I'd love to see Hard Corps and Bloodlines on it, those games aee great and haven't ever been re released. Wish they had the Japanese difficulty for Hard Corps though, since it's a little too punishing with the lack of life bar in the American release.

Other games that need to go in are Crusader of Centy, Musha, Warsong, Ranger X, Truxton, Saint Sword, Crackdown, Pulseman, Alien Soldier, Dynamite Headdy, and Wily Wars.
^_^

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #20372 on: September 25, 2018, 12:06:25 PM »

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #20373 on: September 25, 2018, 12:49:17 PM »
New Cyberpunk trailer.

https://streamable.com/lmpj0

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20374 on: September 25, 2018, 05:30:42 PM »
Phil Spencer just announced X018 and Mouse and keyboard support.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20375 on: September 25, 2018, 10:27:46 PM »

:crazy
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #20376 on: September 26, 2018, 12:12:12 AM »
Playing that expensive Train Simulator DLC game on Steam. Good lord is the tutorial involved. :doge I haven't even reached the signaling tutorials yet, but man... Engineering seems way more involved than I gave it credit for.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20377 on: September 26, 2018, 12:14:03 AM »
I saw the extended video of that and was so disappointed when, with access to nearly every game in history, he lists the most bland mainstream favorites like The Last of Us :/

Anyways, in other news... Skrillex to collab with Utada Hikaru on the KH3 theme song. First, Afrojack tracks in FF15, now this. What next, the ghost of Avicii taking on the DQ overture?
^_^

Rahxephon91

« Reply #20378 on: September 26, 2018, 12:49:27 AM »
Maybe Skrillex can fix that awful song.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20379 on: September 26, 2018, 01:12:55 AM »
Playing that expensive Train Simulator DLC game on Steam. Good lord is the tutorial involved. :doge I haven't even reached the signaling tutorials yet, but man... Engineering seems way more involved than I gave it credit for.

dog

Raist

« Reply #20380 on: September 26, 2018, 03:30:31 AM »
Phil Spencer just announced X018 and Mouse and keyboard support.

Both the PS3 and PS4 have had kb/m support. I think there's probably about 5 games total that use it :lol

I suppose they're going to release AoE or something on the Bone.

paprikastaude

« Reply #20381 on: September 26, 2018, 04:48:10 AM »

Comes out end of October. No physical, no RoB remake, but 4k and trophy support. Also S2 of the Netflix show coming out at about the same time.

edit: 20 bucks, -15% preorder bonus, -20% with PS+. hmmm
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:56:36 AM by Spieler1 »

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #20382 on: September 26, 2018, 06:52:22 AM »

:crazy

This is wah I keep mah gamepads fuh modern consoles

Camera pans to Wiimotes.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20383 on: September 26, 2018, 07:22:39 AM »
that guy fucks
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #20384 on: September 26, 2018, 07:55:41 AM »
Coming next month for $20!
https://twitter.com/konamieu/status/1044859119151136768

In before "And for Switch?"  No... you get Katamari Re-roll, so suck it.

Fifstar

« Reply #20385 on: September 26, 2018, 08:31:20 AM »
 :(
Gulp

paprikastaude

« Reply #20386 on: September 26, 2018, 12:09:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1044968616943333383

Sony paid for this? :confused

wait.... this means we're one step closer to a Silent Hill 2 remake by Bluepoint :rejoice believe :rejoice

Raist

« Reply #20387 on: September 26, 2018, 12:21:12 PM »
wait.... this means we're one step closer to a Silent Hill 2 remake by Bluepoint :rejoice believe :rejoice

This pls.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20388 on: September 26, 2018, 12:29:53 PM »

Speculation is that this a PSP port-up like they did with Parappa, Patapon, and both Loco Rocos.  If that's true, then LOL at Konami removing the 2.5D Rondo remake that PSP had.  Am also concerned about how the sprites will look upscaled, what kind of filtering options will be available, and if there's going to be any input lag.  It's Konami...I don't trust 'em.  :doge

Also may mean a physical release in Asia like the other PSP ports got.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20389 on: September 26, 2018, 12:33:50 PM »
I saw the extended video of that and was so disappointed when, with access to nearly every game in history, he lists the most bland mainstream favorites like The Last of Us :/

Because he likes it?
:idont

Dude is batshit-crazy though.  He has moved and built brand new homes, just for his game collection, multiple times, and on top of that has gone and cleared out all his rooms and set everything up again in different configurations more than once too.  :dizzy  I thought from that video that he moved again, but it looks like he just did the...saner...(?) thing this time and built a new house addition to house more shit.  I think he said in one video that his arcade games' weight was so huge that there was a risk of the floor caving in.
:dead
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #20390 on: September 26, 2018, 12:42:28 PM »

Speculation is that this a PSP port-up like they did with Parappa, Patapon, and both Loco Rocos.  If that's true, then LOL at Konami removing the 2.5D Rondo remake that PSP had.  Am also concerned about how the sprites will look upscaled, what kind of filtering options will be available, and if there's going to be any input lag.  It's Konami...I don't trust 'em.  :doge

That PS4 Parappa port is fucking garbage. The input lag is so bad it’s basically unplayable.

paprikastaude

« Reply #20391 on: September 26, 2018, 12:44:21 PM »
Pretty sure I've also seen EU physical copies of all of them on Amazon. I might just import Castlevania if it has an Asia exclusive retail release.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20392 on: September 26, 2018, 12:44:57 PM »

That PS4 Parappa port is fucking garbage. The input lag is so bad it’s basically unplayable.

LOL.  Well...probably not best to pre-order this without some kind of confirmation that it's on point.  :-\
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20393 on: September 26, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »
Pretty sure I've also seen EU physical copies of all of them on Amazon. I might just import Castlevania if it has an Asia exclusive retail release.

Happens all the time.  Asia and/or Europe always gets physical versions of games that we don't- Don't get the reasoning sometimes, like how Accel World Vs. Sword Art Online didn't get a retail release in 'Murica, but every other SAO game before and after it has.  Capcom seems to love releasing digital-only versions of most of their Switch releases everywhere but in Japan, which not only gets cart versions of the games, but they also have multi-language.  Imported Rockman X Collection 2 and Okami for this reason and will also pick up physical copies of the Capcom Beat Em Up collection and Onimusha when those are released.  Even the recent Psikyo shooters from the eShop just got a physical collection release.
ど助平

Raist

« Reply #20394 on: September 26, 2018, 12:55:10 PM »

Europe always gets physical versions of games that we don't

:umad

paprikastaude

« Reply #20395 on: September 26, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »

:goldberg
tfw the entire RPG selection on SNES Mini is its first time retail release in Europe.

kingv

« Reply #20396 on: September 26, 2018, 01:39:53 PM »
So PS4 gonna have crossplay now.

Fortnite is first.

Please do destiny 2 next.

Raist

« Reply #20397 on: September 26, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »

:goldberg
tfw the entire RPG selection on SNES Mini is its first time retail release in Europe.

Lies, we did get SoM.

paprikastaude

« Reply #20398 on: September 26, 2018, 07:05:26 PM »
i know :goty

also my mistake, I must have seen the Asian imports listed for things like Locoroco.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 07:17:05 PM by Spieler1 »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #20399 on: September 27, 2018, 06:58:24 AM »
SotN PS4 will probably have the dull as shit new dub, and the god fucking awful borders with no blank option  :tocry

I’ll just play the PS1 classic version and Rondo remake on my Vita, thank you very much :expert
Margs