Author Topic: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW  (Read 188127 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« on: December 19, 2006, 09:50:26 PM »
I created a new character today in WoW. He's a warrior dwarf and his name is Goinio.

The game is pretty interesting. I played for more than an hour, completed a few quests, and got up to level 5. After one long quest (I had to murder 15 trolls) I was given different choices for my reward. I chose this badass hammer, but when I tried to use it I realized IT REQUIRES TWO HANDS. I can only use one I quess. Oh well. I'll keep it and use it when I can.

cubicle47b

Re: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 10:56:16 PM »
Good story.  Would read again.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 10:58:36 PM »
this adventure thrills me deeply
duc

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 11:13:39 PM »
I can barely wait for the next update. I said WoW!

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 12:14:09 PM »
Last night Goinio's fame grew. I'm now level 7 and I also learned some cool new moves including Thunder Clap and this one move where I can stab someone and cause them to bleed for 10 seconds.

The quests are getting much more interesting. At first it was just kill x amount of baddies, but last night I did some kickass stuff. I entered an ice cave, my mission to kill the great ice troll leader and take the journal he stole from its rightful owner.

Yet when I got inside I realized it was filled with trolls, many in bunches. So what I'd do is jump from a higher area into a group of three trolls. Then I'd use Thunder Clap to stun them all; after that I'd Bleed two of them, and as they rapidly lost health I'd start fighting the other troll. By the time he was dead the other two would be nearly dead, so all I had to do was hit them a couple times.

It's not hard to see why some get too into this game. Many times I'll want to do somethng else (LIKE SLEEP) but I'll look at my XP bar and see I'm 1/4 away from another level. So I'll fight baddies until I gain a level, THEN run all the way to the dwarf hideout and see if I can learn any new skills.

This game is far more interesting than Guild Wars, which I tried for a few hours and then forgot about.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 12:17:01 PM »
I TRIED TO WARN YOU THERES NO TURNING BACK NOW ITS TOO LATE FOR ME SON TELL YOUR SISTER YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT ME
haa

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 12:24:44 PM »
NO I CAN CHANGE

I'm hoping that once my trial is up I won't have the urge to buy the game. But...

By the time my trial ends I'll have a bunch of Christmas money...god damn what a coincidence. I just thought about that :lol :(

cubicle47b

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 12:53:13 PM »
You get new abilities every even numbered level.  Enjoy your addiction.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 01:15:53 PM »
At level 10 you start getting talent points every level lol.
o_0

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 01:21:55 PM »
OH HEY ME AGAIN DONT FORGET THAT WARRIORS ARE REALLY GEAR DEPENDANT SO HAVE FUN ALWAYS UPGRADING SHIT LOL FORCE LIGHTNING
haa

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 01:23:33 PM »
Every even level? Hm.

Also I have a question about the battle system: is there anything else to fighting than just pointing at an enemy and walking up to it? I pushed the left/right buttons on my mouse at the same time and it seemed like Goinio did a thrust move or something.

cubicle47b

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »
There are no button combo attack moves.  I have no idea what you mean by thrust move.  Maybe heroic strike, I don't know.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 02:36:43 PM by cubicle47b »

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 03:03:27 PM »
Every even level? Hm.

Also I have a question about the battle system: is there anything else to fighting than just pointing at an enemy and walking up to it? I pushed the left/right buttons on my mouse at the same time and it seemed like Goinio did a thrust move or something.

At level 31, clicking the Left Mouse Button three times in a row and hitting "W" or "Up" will do a Heroic Combo, allowing you to use any of your skills for free for 10 seconds. Better start leveling!
wha

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 03:58:01 PM »
Warriors get the Charge ability at....level 6 or something, which is exactly what it sounds like.  Pretty much every class has a signature "opener" ability, except for Shaman and Paladins who just run up to shit and clobber away.  Things get more interesting when you get more abilities/spells to play around with.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 03:59:40 PM »
Once you figure out where the AH is you'll be spending some time looking at the boards haha.
o_0

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 04:08:06 PM »
MORE LIKE WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE ALL THE HAWT NELF CHIX DANCIN IN IF YOULL BE STARIN AT TITS
haa

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 04:08:40 PM »
Should have rolled a mage man.
What server are you on?
boo

MrAngryFace

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 04:11:33 PM »
PD will be fappin at AH
o_0

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 04:13:19 PM »
haa

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »
Fuck WoW
AMC

cubicle47b

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 04:58:53 PM »
Oh man, I wonder what Goinio is doing right now.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »
Probably sitting in AH
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 12:04:13 AM »
DAMN

Goinio died twice today. This was the first time I experienced death in this game, and it was quite interesting. The idea of turning into a spirit and having to find your body is rather cool. I'll admit it was very annoying the first time, and it took me awhile to find my body. The second time was much faster.

The first time I died was truly a sad affair. I found this level 7 bear and decided to fight it. Once I had its health down a good bit this big ice tiger jumped out of nowhere and started raping me from behind. I used THUNDER CLAP to hit them both at the same time, but by the time I killed the bear I was dead as well.

I'm still level 7 because I didn't get to play as much as I wanted to; had company a few hours ago, and me and my dad fixed the furnace in the house. I'm going to try to get to level 10 before I get to bed.

So far the only major beef I have with the game is the map. It's not very easy to read when compared to the one in Guild Wars. Having a sense of North/South/West/East obviously helps, but I wish it was easier to just glance at the map and no what town/area you're heading towards

MrAngryFace

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 12:12:12 AM »
well there's arrows on the sides of the map when youre near a town, there's a map hotkey to the full map, there's roadsigns, you can also zoom out on the mini-map if you need to.

o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 12:29:34 AM »
Should have rolled a mage man.
What server are you on?

Ravenholdt?

Shuri

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 01:01:41 AM »
i wanna see a pic of Goignio  :-*

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2006, 02:36:12 AM »
How do I take pics?

etiolate

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 02:38:16 AM »
screenshots? print screen key

If theres a group of forumers starting up new in wow I might go back for a bit. I need something to do during break.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2006, 02:47:34 AM »
alliance is for pussies and fegs

rocketman

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2006, 03:36:12 AM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2006, 03:41:15 AM »

A MODEST BADASS

Notice the poor quality of the screen; the game looks really good on my computer but for some reason the screen came out rather MEH. But Goinio's awesome-ness prevails. Although I have very little equitment. I had some snow boots and after about an hour I realized their durability was depleted, so I bought some new kickass ones. My defense is like 263 now. OMG

MrAngryFace

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2006, 04:44:02 AM »
You wanna get level 10 dude, thats when talents kick in :D
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2006, 05:25:39 AM »
OMG

It's past 5 in the morning and I just stopped playing. Wow. I haven't played a game this far into the night in ages. Maybe since Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance (on the day before Christmas Eve 2004 lol). I'm too tired to go over everything I did, but I joined a group, which allowed me to finish off my quests much faster (and without dying).

I expected to prefer just soloing through the game, but playing with other people opened up a lot of opportunities. God damn...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2006, 07:22:22 AM »

I expected to prefer just soloing through the game, but playing with other people opened up a lot of opportunities. God damn...

I don't give a lick about these kinds of games, but seriously...what is the point of playing a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE role-playing game by yourself?
ど助平

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 07:34:19 AM »
I had some snow boots and after about an hour I realized their durability was depleted, so I bought some new kickass ones. My defense is like 263 now. OMG
When the durability of your equipment goes down you get it repaired...you don't have to buy new ones.
boo

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 10:20:12 AM »
I wish Ravenholdt was in my PVP battlegroup :( I could help you quit.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2006, 10:30:50 AM »

I don't give a lick about these kinds of games, but seriously...what is the point of playing a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE role-playing game by yourself?

Ive almost entirely solo'ed two level 60s. Its not an insane idea considering every day im able to leave my house and do many things without finding someone to do it with. Most people drag down my quest grind anyway with wanting to 'look around' and talk too much or wanna become friends over the internet.

Lame.
o_0

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2006, 10:39:49 AM »
So JANUARY 16TH
boo

MrAngryFace

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2006, 10:53:31 AM »
FOR REALZ THIS TIME
o_0

Prost

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2006, 12:12:08 PM »

Because most of the other people who play just plain suck, so you don't have to deal with distinguished mentally-challenged fellows if you just level on your own through the earlier levels....

then when you hit 60 you get to deal with the people who have leveled MULTIPLE 60s................. AND STILL SUCK!
:-þ

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2006, 01:00:59 PM »

Ive almost entirely solo'ed two level 60s. Its not an insane idea considering every day im able to leave my house and do many things without finding someone to do it with. Most people drag down my quest grind anyway with wanting to 'look around' and talk too much or wanna become friends over the internet.

Lame.

True. Last night I was having some trouble against these level 9-10 trolls and this guy came up and proposed that we work together in a group. So three of us started kicking ass. It was helpful at first because many of my quests last night dealt with killing x amount of trolls or gnomes or taking items from them. But all through this they'd run off at various times for stupid things. Like one guy would always run up and mountain and then jump off and say "sry thought I saw a tear of ore". WTF? How could anyone see something like that on the top of a mountain >:(

When I need help for quests I'm going to play more with other people. When I'm doing simple fetch quests or leveling up, I'll solo. Leveling up with other players seemed rather slow. When I kill an enemy on my own I get around 60xp, but in a three man group I wound up getting around 29xp for each kill, if that. But we cleared out an entire troll cave full of enemies, which was a lot of fun and got me alot of xp when all was said and done.

I didn't get to level 9 last night, despite playing for around 4 or 5 hours. I was running around so much lol, and I also died two more times. Now that I'm level 9 and have a shitload of defense I doubt I'll die as much; plus I bought a new axe which is much better than my old one

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2006, 01:14:47 PM »
But all through this they'd run off at various times for stupid things. Like one guy would always run up and mountain and then jump off and say "sry thought I saw a tear of ore". WTF? How could anyone see something like that on the top of a mountain >:(

when you are tracking herbs or ore, you'll see a little yellow blip on your minimap to show the location of them. He probably saw that and tried to run up the mountain to get it.
boo

MrAngryFace

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2006, 02:03:37 PM »
most PUGs you get are gonna suck lol.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2006, 02:17:06 PM »
I should be level 10 by the end of the day. Or...around 3 in the morning. Christmas break FTW

After Christmas...I might seriously consider buying this game. I'll have the money, and I plan on getting a job for the winter semester anyway...

Or I could just get FFV or a similar RPG and play through that.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2006, 02:21:11 PM »
If you wanna play an MMORPG at all this is the one to saddle up to, honestly. Haters can bark clever "people still play that" quips, but the game does have like three times the subscribers of anything else out there.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2006, 02:24:57 PM »
My only concern is with myself and my binge mentality. A lot of times I'll get something and just play/watch/eat/etc it for a long period of time, and then drop it. This happens most with music. For instance, I'll listen to say The Beatles for a month straight, then get tired of them and move to something else. Basically the only game I play religiously is Wolfenstein ET, in part because I'm in a clan.

I'm thinking that once I buy the game and start reading the game manuals (something I LOVE to do lol) I'll get more excited about the game, even more so than I am now. Everyday I learn something new about the game, and with the manuals I could get better faster. Plus of course the WoW boards

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2006, 02:30:50 PM »
I'm telling you man, once the Burning Crusade comes out I'm creating a new character on a fresh server. We should play togethor.
boo

MrAngryFace

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2006, 02:34:29 PM »
Well if you think it'll become addictive you might not wanna, your choice.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2006, 02:37:33 PM »
I don't think it'll be addictive, I just don't want to play it like mad for a month and then grow tired of it.

etiolate

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2006, 06:13:15 PM »
My only concern is with myself and my binge mentality. A lot of times I'll get something and just play/watch/eat/etc it for a long period of time, and then drop it. This happens most with music. For instance, I'll listen to say The Beatles for a month straight, then get tired of them and move to something else. Basically the only game I play religiously is Wolfenstein ET, in part because I'm in a clan.

I'm thinking that once I buy the game and start reading the game manuals (something I LOVE to do lol) I'll get more excited about the game, even more so than I am now. Everyday I learn something new about the game, and with the manuals I could get better faster. Plus of course the WoW boards

You don't want to get addicted.  I think one would get bored of it though.  I didn't mind the first 20 levels, but once you start really grinding then it becomes tiresome. Teh game alwasy felt more like work than fun.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2006, 06:42:35 PM »
I got to level 10 today after some pretty cool questing. Although the quests were more of the same in terms of "kill x amount of baddies" or "take x to y", it felt new because of some of the new skills and weapons I got. Last night I got this kickass axe and I was able to use it today; looks like I don't have to worry about being killed by level 10 trolls/bears anymore lol.

The last quest I did required me to take a letter to the king in IRONFORGE. When I turned up the mountain and saw the entrance to the place I was blown away

:o

Pretty badass. The city is so fucking huge. I didn't have much time to look around, but what I saw was killer. Later tonight I plan on fully exploring the place and seeing what everything has to offer. I noticed many profession trainers in there. Maybe I'll choose one tonight.

When I turned level 10 I was given the ability to learn one of three talents. I chose Improved Rend, which now increases the bleed damage done by Rend by 25%. It's a great thing to do when you're fighting two enemies: you Rend one of them and then start fighting the other; by the time you're down with him the other enemy has bleed out a lot of HP.

OMG

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2006, 09:22:43 PM »
I don't think it'll be addictive, I just don't want to play it like mad for a month and then grow tired of it.

What you should do is create an account via game cards.  That way, when you run out of time at 4 in the morning and all of the stores that carry game cards are closed, you have to turn it off cold turkey.
haa

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2006, 10:26:41 PM »

What you should do is create an account via game cards.  That way, when you run out of time at 4 in the morning and all of the stores that carry game cards are closed, you have to turn it off cold turkey.

I plan on getting those 60 day game cards from Gamestop if I buy the game.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2006, 10:18:52 AM »
hehe, I made a character on your server PD
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2006, 10:47:42 AM »
I may do that too since I have time to kill before the expansion.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2006, 10:56:32 AM »
Do it now! and tell me the name
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2006, 11:40:42 AM »
I'm at work right now.  If I do this it'll be tonight or tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe a mage named Pent.  I'll let you know.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2006, 12:23:05 PM »
I made a mage named Zinla on his server.
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2006, 12:46:22 PM »
Maybe I'll make a priest then.  I'd like to make a druid but fuck night elves.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2006, 12:49:38 PM »
PD: you'll wanna pick a talent tree to follow so you can focus and get the higher point value talents.
o_0