Author Topic: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW  (Read 189155 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2007, 08:45:32 PM »
Today I finished up the Stockades quests and got to lv26. I was in a pretty good group. Although having a healer is a must, I'm beginning to realize that mages are VERY important in group play. Our mage was very good at pulling, thus we didn't have to constantly fight 3-5 enemies at the same time.

I think I'm getting better at tank although I noticed in the bigger battles I still get lost a bit. To me, you know when you're doing a good job at tank when you're the only person being healed. This was the case for most of the Stockade quests, which was a good thing.

After the Stockades I decided to go buy some new gear; I bought some very nice stuff yesterday, but I still needed chest armor. I saw some cool armor at the auction that was like 247; it also was +25 health and added +14 to my defense rating. I thought it was a steal so I spent most of my hard earned cash on it, took my other armor off, and FUCK

Realized the armor I bought was actually WORSE than the armor I had. My armor rating before: 1015. Now: 1009 wtf. What a waste :lol >:(

etiolate

« Reply #241 on: January 08, 2007, 09:26:28 PM »
The quests in wow suck, are they changing that for Burning Crusade?

Hi guys, late to the party here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5334081216597205637&q=bc+bombing+run&hl=en

lulz

Thati's cool, but I meant more like are the quests something other than "go kill these things and come back".  Go here, kill shit gets boring and it doesn't ever change much in the game. Two of my favorite quests are the one where you find a necklace in the lake for some little girl, and the Legend of Stalvan, because most of the quest is exploring or doing things other than repeatitive killing.

cubicle47b

« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2007, 04:06:08 AM »
I did SM Armory and Cathedral tonight and good god was it awful.  Some asshole in my house is seeding torrents (although I'm not sure who) because my latency ranged from 750 ms to 2000 ms.  Sadly, I still managed to outdps everyone because the only other person who didn't suck was the healer.  And for my troubles I got herod's shoulder, the aegis of the scarlet commander, and the triune amulet.  Basically all the loot but no one else rolled on it so w/e.

« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »
The quests in wow suck, are they changing that for Burning Crusade?

Hi guys, late to the party here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5334081216597205637&q=bc+bombing+run&hl=en

lulz

Thati's cool, but I meant more like are the quests something other than "go kill these things and come back".  Go here, kill shit gets boring and it doesn't ever change much in the game. Two of my favorite quests are the one where you find a necklace in the lake for some little girl, and the Legend of Stalvan, because most of the quest is exploring or doing things other than repeatitive killing.

Then you should probably stick to Oblivion.  The majority of experience gains in WoW, or any MMO, is from killing things or other players.
haa

Stocky

« Reply #244 on: January 09, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
Today I finished up the Stockades quests and got to lv26. I was in a pretty good group. Although having a healer is a must, I'm beginning to realize that mages are VERY important in group play. Our mage was very good at pulling, thus we didn't have to constantly fight 3-5 enemies at the same time.

I think I'm getting better at tank although I noticed in the bigger battles I still get lost a bit. To me, you know when you're doing a good job at tank when you're the only person being healed. This was the case for most of the Stockade quests, which was a good thing.

After the Stockades I decided to go buy some new gear; I bought some very nice stuff yesterday, but I still needed chest armor. I saw some cool armor at the auction that was like 247; it also was +25 health and added +14 to my defense rating. I thought it was a steal so I spent most of my hard earned cash on it, took my other armor off, and FUCK

Realized the armor I bought was actually WORSE than the armor I had. My armor rating before: 1015. Now: 1009 wtf. What a waste :lol >:(

6 armor doesn't really make a difference, bubba.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #245 on: January 09, 2007, 07:56:26 PM »
HELP :lol :-\

So today I was exploring the Redridge Mountains and came across the Burning Steppe. I ventured JUST close enough to arrgo one of the huge stone monster things, and he wound up stunning and killing me. So I figured fuck it, I'll rez in the graveyard instead of coming back here to find my body and possibly being killed again. But when my spirit was released I wasn't in the Lakeshire graveyard; I was in a graveyard deeper inside the Burning Steppe; I can't remember the name of where I am exactly, but I need help getting out. Everytime I tried running a huge monster would kill me in a couple hits. Hell I don't even have to be near them; they come out of nowhere.

All my armor is in the red now, and I don't know what to do. I don't have any stones that could teleport me. :(

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #246 on: January 09, 2007, 08:13:12 PM »
No. Hell I've never gotten any

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #247 on: January 09, 2007, 10:04:19 PM »
I only have like 1 silver :lol

I'll sell some of my stuff

etiolate

« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2007, 07:02:46 AM »
Okay finished getting all my pvp gear. People now think I'm a cool young dude, but pfah.  Then I leveld to 30 quick and did a buttload of quests, including the elite in alterac which was 37 elites.  Still didn't level me though.  (grrrind) Level 30 skills cost me about 5 gold, but I made back 4 gold with the quests thankfully. I now get tranquility at 30, but I would like to say what they did to Druids with this last patch sucks.  They took away track humanoids and it suddenly feels like I'm moving slower.  Plus, I didn't realize they switched up things and refunded my talent points until I was in a BG.  Then I hastily reinputted my talents, but messed up and wasted 1 talent point. I don't want to spend the money to relearn them either.  I don't understand why they took away track humanoids.  That was incredibly useful. It's like they went "oh you can talk to NPCs when you're a kitty now! Oh but we also nerfed cat form kkbi" Fuckem.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2007, 09:20:39 AM »
No. Hell I've never gotten any
PD there is a white stone with blue markings in your bag somewhere. Go to an inn in any city and talk to the innkeeper to have your stone set to there. When you click it, it will hearth you to whichever inn you have it set too.
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2007, 10:45:40 AM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 10:47:13 AM by cubicle47b »

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #251 on: January 10, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »
Esmi is looking pretty damn sexy man. Zinla just hit 30 last night.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #252 on: January 10, 2007, 03:57:27 PM »
I was able to get out last night. Luckily a buddy of mine got on and led a group of high level characters deep into the Flame Crest to save me :lol

SAVING PRIVATE GOINIO

But holy shit did I see some things. There was this one Volchan thing that was bigger than most of the buildings in the game! After I got out of there I was shocked to see it on the bridge in Lakeshire, fighting (and killing) guards. It disappeared after awhile though, which was strange.

My journey to lv30 will take a bit longer due to school. I won't be able to play much on Tues and Thurs, and I certainly won't be able to play at night on Mon/Wed. Luckily MLK day is coming up so I'll be able to play a shit ton for that entire holiday weekend.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #253 on: January 10, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »
boo

etiolate

« Reply #254 on: January 10, 2007, 08:09:57 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

How do you get the camera to stay in that poisition? My camera always sticks behind my character.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2007, 09:49:51 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

How do you get the camera to stay in that poisition? My camera always sticks behind my character.
In Interface Options change your Camera Follow Style to Never.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2007, 10:02:21 PM »
All you have to do is hold down the left click on your mouse and rotate it.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2007, 10:56:51 PM »
I want to see some more pictures of Goinio.
WDW

etiolate

« Reply #258 on: January 10, 2007, 11:24:29 PM »
I'm distinguished mentally-challenged.  I'm just so use to using right click to change camera angle.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2007, 09:41:51 AM »
I decided to get on my priest for the first time in a long time and check out the Dark Portal:

I started to get attacked, but luckily I had help.

Oh, shit I better heal myself. Those hounds hit pretty hard and are immune to fear.

I ventured into the heart of the Dark Portal and died immediately.
boo

etiolate

« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2007, 09:45:27 PM »
The 32 Druid

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2007, 10:32:18 PM »
Looking at you guy's pics is really educational for me. I haven't used that side action bar, although I just recently activated it. I also just started using the bar that sits on top of the main action bar. Currently I just have all my food/potions/First Aid/etc there for quick access

etiolate

« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2007, 12:38:08 AM »
Okay, I'm getting pretty tired of grouping with RP people.  I guess all Dwarves are Scottish now. L'est I be mistaken, AYE.

cubicle47b

« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2007, 01:35:26 AM »
I went by the Dark Portal today with my lock and got the tabard which is the same tabard as the Argent Dawn one which I already had.  Lame.  And the portal felguards hit like girls.  I drain tanked 3 at the same time.

« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2007, 11:33:15 AM »
Yeah they could've done a newer design on the tabard.  Using it and having a Holy Nova come out of your wang is kinda neato completo though.
haa

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2007, 02:42:28 PM »
Well guys, looks like I won't be playing with you much longer. When the xpac comes out I will be playing a horde blood elf. That was the only way Megafoo would play again is if we played Horde. And honestly I want to try it out, I have yet to play a Horde Character past level 7, and it will be nice not logging into Ironforge anymore. So we will probably both roll Mages.

I’m trying to think of cool names for us. There were two rogues on my old server named Zyk and Zya, so something similar.  Any ideas?

I’ll update everyone on the server once I pick one.
boo

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2007, 02:48:21 PM »
Didn't you break up with Megafoo the first time around cause he played WoW too much?

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2007, 02:56:55 PM »
Didn't you break up with Megafoo the first time around cause he played WoW too much?
There’s a difference between playing casually every other day and running a guild and being on 10-14 hours a day. He quit playing when he realized it ruined our relationship before, he hasn’t played in about 6 months. He actually doesn’t want to start back up again, but I wanted to play with him on a casual basis.

Like it’s any of your business anyways.
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »
I'm playing horde side on Khaz Modan in the expansion if you would like to try a PVE server.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #269 on: January 12, 2007, 03:21:23 PM »
I'm playing horde side on Khaz Modan in the expansion if you would like to try a PVE server.
Thanks, but I would never play anything other than pvp.
boo

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2007, 03:22:02 PM »
:lol :lol :lol How can WoW ruin a relationship? Oh boy.

Sounds like Megafool doesn't know how to prevent a relationship from being stale.
It wasn't WoW, it could have been anything that took that much time out of a day.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2007, 04:51:51 PM »
Zinla RIP :(

Anyway I'm in Darkshire/Duskwoods now. This is a very good place to level because most of the creeps give out a lot of XP and money when you kill them. Also a lot of the quests center around killing things so it makes leveling even faster.

I've also noticed a lot of chain quests in the area. Hell today I tried helping this one group but it became clear that I wasn't benefitting. They were killing all these elites and crap but I wasn't qualified for the quest. So now I'm accepting every quest I can in preparation to go on some of these more elite quests.

Goinio during a quick visit to Stormwind; I need to get my mining/blacksmithing ratings up. Like, WAY up lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2007, 07:18:50 PM »
Dude you need to stop playing WoW so much. What do you do outside of playing WoW?

Give you new siblings

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2007, 07:32:53 PM »
I like those demon women things with wings/tails. I told this one guy "I want to fuck your pet" and he left my group

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2007, 08:40:51 PM »
If your avatar shows up - sure!

cubicle47b

« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2007, 12:49:46 AM »
I took my pally to the dark portal today and couldn't get the quest for the tabard.  Screw you Blizzard.

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2007, 02:14:31 AM »
Like it’s any of your business anyways.

I only know about it because you posted about it on a forum before.

Zethca

« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2007, 06:46:05 PM »
I'm in the best guild on Khadgar (US) Alliance side.

Scion. We're on Sapphiron. /flex
Sadly we won't see a KT kill before TBC.

Prost

« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2007, 11:41:25 PM »
Well guys, looks like I won't be playing with you much longer. When the xpac comes out I will be playing a horde blood elf. That was the only way Megafoo would play again is if we played Horde. And honestly I want to try it out, I have yet to play a Horde Character past level 7, and it will be nice not logging into Ironforge anymore. So we will probably both roll Mages.

I’m trying to think of cool names for us. There were two rogues on my old server named Zyk and Zya, so something similar.  Any ideas?

Horde leveling fucking sucks.  I HATE barrens leveling....  The tauren place is pretty cool for the first few levels, and you'll just kill yourself by the time you hit 20 from leveling in the barrens....

Personally no matter what my race, I always went over to azeroth and did all of the undead shit instead just because it's way cooler.  I guess you have that early ass instance at like level 14 you can do that's inside ogrimmar... 

I'm basically just warning you for the barrens......    it SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
:-þ

Prost

« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2007, 11:46:59 PM »

I don't even know how you stand raiding.  I raided for like 2 weeks before I couldn't stand it anymore....  all of the people, people screwing up... it's just not worth it.

After a while I remember jumping around in Ironforge doing NOTHING, and getting all these tells to do group in the guild and outside the guild.... telling them "nah, I'm sorry kinda busy" and just continuing to jump around IF making sure I didn't step or land on any of the cracks in the floor......... yeah................

Fuck WoW... lol

Leveling is cool, exploiting = the only fun thing to do in the game.. like finding ways to mass kill mobs in a cheap ass way or bugging some instance to give you an awesome item...

and raiding is when the fun ends.  then you have to play with more than a few people, and if they don't suck... they're assholes.

I'd switch off and play with people who sucked ebcause they were nice, then I'd get fed up with their shit so I'd go play with better players... then all of the better players are total dicks so I'd go back.  90% of the time I didn't even play, I was just jumping in IF or talking on vent.

WoW is useless!

etiolate

« Reply #280 on: January 15, 2007, 08:33:21 AM »
Yeah Barrens sucks. I didn't find playing a Horde to be any better really. Durator is a rather bland starting area and Ogrimarr is by far my least liked City. Undercity is a little confusing at first, but when you get it, it works.  Ogrimarr is just way too big and spread out. UC, IF, SW and the Tauren city are all much easier to say, grab your mail, visit your profession trainer and hit the AH or bank.  Ogrimarr its a fucking adventure to do that.

cubicle47b

« Reply #281 on: January 15, 2007, 10:54:56 AM »
Durotar is a horrible starting area.  It's just so bland and the Sen'jin Village quests suck.  Elwynn Forest and Tirisfal Glades are easily the best areas to start.

That said, Org is my favorite city in the game.  The big open area just within the gates is the best spot to meet / hang out in the game and the city has plenty to offer for a bored (and mounted) player after a raid.  And it lacks male humans and night elves which is a big plus.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #282 on: January 15, 2007, 11:34:12 AM »

Horde leveling fucking sucks.  I HATE barrens leveling....  The tauren place is pretty cool for the first few levels, and you'll just kill yourself by the time you hit 20 from leveling in the barrens....

Personally no matter what my race, I always went over to azeroth and did all of the undead shit instead just because it's way cooler.  I guess you have that early ass instance at like level 14 you can do that's inside ogrimmar... 

I'm basically just warning you for the barrens......    it SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Blood Elves start in the Eastern Kingdom and they will have their own starting area with quests no one (except beta) has done before.
boo

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #283 on: January 15, 2007, 11:36:21 AM »

Fuck WoW... lol

WoW is useless!

The game doesn't have more than 8 million subscribers because everyone shares the same opinion as you.
boo

Prost

« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »

Fuck WoW... lol

WoW is useless!

The game doesn't have more than 8 million subscribers because everyone shares the same opinion as you.

You have to realize I was kidding.  I personally think WoW is the greatest game of all time.  I just hate how you can spend so much time wasting away on it.  I played for like ~2 years (alpha/beta) and just spent way too much freakin time on it.  I know the amount of subscribers, and I know why they subscribe....  it's just annoying that I personally can sit here and still want to play, yet when I think about what I did most of the time in the game.....  I start getting depressed.  Weird eh?

Expansion sounds like fun, but I'll just ask my old friends in about a month or two when they have their 60s and have completed all the raid content.

I had to laugh at all of them when they realized all of the shit they were wearing became completely obsolete when the cap increased (I think like all 40-50 of them, excluding maybe 2-3 people, had the expansion beta).

The green gear was better than their purples... hahah.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #285 on: January 15, 2007, 01:17:47 PM »
That's why I stopped playing on more than a casual level for the past 5-6 months. I mean, wtf, why? It's a waste of time, when the xpac comes out I can get green gear better than purples that took months of raiding to get. I used to be hardcore . But you really can play just casual with some of your friends, an hour or two a night every other night and have fun, just questing and pvp'ing and shit. It's a lot about community too.
boo

Prost

« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2007, 02:09:38 PM »
That's why I stopped playing on more than a casual level for the past 5-6 months. I mean, wtf, why? It's a waste of time, when the xpac comes out I can get green gear better than purples that took months of raiding to get. I used to be hardcore . But you really can play just casual with some of your friends, an hour or two a night every other night and have fun, just questing and pvp'ing and shit. It's a lot about community too.
Since you're actually able to control it to 1-2 hours a night... which must mean ya don't instance much because 1-2 hours is like the wait-time for a raid.. lol, but as long as you can do that and have fun.. wow I salute you ;)  :pirate

cubicle47b

« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2007, 02:59:36 PM »
What guild has a 1-2 hour wait for a raid to start?  We showed up 10-15 minutes before the raid and first pull was usually on time and no more than 10 minutes late.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2007, 03:45:31 PM »
Guilds that are still doing MC and ZG probably.
boo

etiolate

« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2007, 07:17:10 AM »
I know the amount of subscribers, and I know why they subscribe....  it's just annoying that I personally can sit here and still want to play, yet when I think about what I did most of the time in the game.....  I start getting depressed.  Weird eh?

I think it's becaue the mmorpg formula as it started was a really horrible setup. I quit WoW when it goes from fun to work, and that happens rather easily in the mmo formula.  It's just that it had been so bad, that wow's improvement of the formula was welcome in constrast.  But really, the carrot on a stick approach is crap and the artificial time extensions are horrible, too.  Other games are coming along and finding better ways to do things, but because online gaming communities normally run to just one game, you probably won't see a real step into 'good' quality with an MMO.  The subscrptions based fees is another deterrent as well.  The more artificial time extenders, the longer they have to play. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 07:18:59 AM by etiolate »

etiolate

« Reply #290 on: January 16, 2007, 04:25:18 PM »
I had been looking for a recipe for Greep Whelp Armor and finally found one, and now my Druid is even more nutty.  I had 3 on me at once, and all 3 fell asleep. It's a great anti-rogue.

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=12103

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #291 on: January 16, 2007, 08:31:49 PM »
Yo bitches, I rolled a drainy pally on your server.  The name is Grognard.  Hook me up, negroes!
serge

TVC15

« Reply #292 on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:22 PM »

SHUDDUP RACIST

Why, you'd have to be a NATIVE AMERICAN to think I'm a racist!
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #293 on: January 16, 2007, 09:33:25 PM »
I'll play with you tomorrow hopefully; tonight I want to watch 24 plus I realized I left Limewire on and it downloaded a bunch of awesome porn I had on waitlist

TVC15

« Reply #294 on: January 16, 2007, 09:54:56 PM »
Why the fuck are you using Limewire?  That's like as insecure as anything dude.
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #295 on: January 16, 2007, 10:00:01 PM »
Why the fuck are you using Limewire?  That's like as insecure as anything dude.

If something is corrupt it tells me. I've had no problems, although it does get glitchy and shit

What's better? I'd love to use something that didn't take up as much space

TVC15

« Reply #296 on: January 16, 2007, 10:52:04 PM »

serge

etiolate

« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2007, 12:45:15 AM »
Can you guys help out? My druid is now using daggers but I don't have an off-hand item yet. Where do I get one? Its for stat boosting, I assume.

I can get one from a quest, but are there many items like this? What are they called?

Orbs.  There's probably some on at your AH under "held in off hand".

I'll send TVC some armor kits and bags. 

Has anyone seen if the dranei have a different looking ghost wolf form like tauren/ne have different cat forms?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 12:47:21 AM by etiolate »

TVC15

« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2007, 02:57:21 AM »
If I turned down a guild invite tonite, apologies.  There are TONS of people in the Draenei area spamming out guild invites.
serge

etiolate

« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2007, 02:59:23 AM »
Yeah I sent you a guild invite.

My character is currently bugged in the middle of a flightpath to darkshire and it kicks me out everytime I log in.  So I'm waiting on a fix for that.