Author Topic: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW  (Read 189662 times)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Re: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2007, 03:24:58 AM »
Are you serious?  That's a pretty shitty bug.  Is there some way you can report it?
serge

etiolate

« Reply #301 on: January 17, 2007, 04:10:17 AM »
I went on another character and made a ticket.  They just fixed it and put my Druid in Darnassus.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2007, 11:11:54 AM »
Well if you're a nightelve I probably won't see you anytime soon lol

TVC15

« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2007, 12:49:13 PM »
I'm a drainy you dumpster slut.  I hit level 10 before logging off last night.  Drainy starting area is most sexcellent.  I didn't want to stop playing.  So I didn't.
serge

Prost

« Reply #304 on: January 17, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »
Guilds that are still doing MC and ZG probably.
well when everybody starting putting in times and everything was unorganized initially, that's when the shit took forever.

10-15 minute waits times sounds nice.. but I quit before anything organized happened.
:-þ

etiolate

« Reply #305 on: January 17, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »
I'm a drainy you dumpster slut.  I hit level 10 before logging off last night.  Drainy starting area is most sexcellent.  I didn't want to stop playing.  So I didn't.

What's their city like?

TVC15

« Reply #306 on: January 18, 2007, 12:07:46 PM »

What's their city like?

Similar to belf's silvermoon, it's pretty, but it seems like it was designed to not be intuitive, or something.  It's not as bad as Silvermoon, though.

Here is my belf, in case you people aren't looking at the otehr thread.  I call her Buubserella:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 07:12:30 PM by TVC 15 »
serge

etiolate

« Reply #307 on: January 19, 2007, 12:04:32 AM »
what pix plz

etiolate

« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2007, 06:51:34 PM »
I'm the only still playin on the server pretty much. If anyone still wants invite let me know.

I've been avoiding turning lvl 40, because I want my pvp gear, which means grinding ally losses. I can win WSG, but the Arathi is another story. I can never make enough for the fear trinket either. I love how Blizzard changed the pvp system without fixing it. I did see my first belf in BGs yesterday, a 39 Hunter.  It was kind of disturbing.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2007, 11:54:30 PM »
Pfft I play >:(

Just been busy recently

cubicle47b

« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2007, 10:32:24 AM »
I'm having great difficulty deciding whether I want a male Blood Elf mage or a female Blood Elf rogue.

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kill yourself.

cubicle47b

« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2007, 01:07:53 PM »
YER WELCUM

TVC15

« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2007, 03:42:06 PM »
I'm the only still playin on the server pretty much. If anyone still wants invite let me know.

I've been avoiding turning lvl 40, because I want my pvp gear, which means grinding ally losses. I can win WSG, but the Arathi is another story. I can never make enough for the fear trinket either. I love how Blizzard changed the pvp system without fixing it. I did see my first belf in BGs yesterday, a 39 Hunter.  It was kind of disturbing.

I've been playing with my Drainy.  Usually an hour or so a night, at midnight PST.
serge

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2007, 09:54:55 PM »
Blackfathom Deeps :bow

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2007, 10:12:21 PM »
Speaking of Blackfathom Deeps

boo

etiolate

« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2007, 12:45:34 AM »
Yah is that Grognard? I saw that pop online and couldn't remember if that was you or not.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2007, 12:22:17 PM »
I'll have the full story later, but I went there with a 5 person group between the levels of 25-30 (I'm lv29). It was very easy to me, but the XP was AMAZING

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2007, 01:22:36 PM »
Hit level 20 last night. AM AWESOME DRAENEI WARRIOR
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »
Level 20 decimated the 2g I earned. I need a new stave BAD!
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2007, 06:45:51 PM »
It seems like those Draeni things are EVERYWHERE now lol. There were 2 in my group last night lol

But yeah the Blackfathom Deeps were easy to me in terms of the enemies we fought against, but my group was very hard to get along with. When I play WoW I like being nice to everyone in hopes that they'll return the favor. But last night it seemed like everyone was acting like a dumbass.

I was invited to join this group planning on doing the Blackfathom Deep and since I had three quests in that area I agreed. But once we got in the cave I saw the group was being run poorly. There was this one DUMBASS in the group who kept needing on every freaking thing we found. I've never seen anyone act like that lol.

Draeni Priest: God dammit STOP NEEDING everything
Draeni Hunter: I'm sorry lol, I didn't think anyone needed it

Motherfucker you could have ASKED.  :lol

So the group leader decided to kick him out the group in the middle of the cave so he wouldn't be able to get out by himself lol. After that we got this new person, but even more issues popped up. To me he seemed like a good guy, and I feel it's never a good idea to kick a paladin out of your group...but this guy was a dumbass. He'd watch everyone fighting and not help, then after the battle he'd buff everyone wtf. You can't do two things at the same time??! So he got kicked out lol.

Finally we got to our quest (kill Lord Krelis and take his head). So at that point I started looking around the room and then out of nowhere BAM there's like 10 huge ass turtles in the room. Apparently I triggered some kind of booby trap...and got everyone killed :( :lol

But we were able to get back to the area and clean it out luckily. After we left that room we entered this room above a body of water where this huge three headed hydra was shuffling around. Holy shit. I should have taken a pic. I was able to keep it's attention while everyone hit it with spells, and in the end we killed him pretty easily.

I bet I would have had a better time doing the dungeon if I was a lower level. Basically there wasn't much challenge in the area; most of the enemies were lv22-26

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #320 on: January 25, 2007, 06:55:13 PM »
Level 20 decimated the 2g I earned. I need a new stave BAD!

This is why I rolled on a server with my 60! Even if you just cool young dude with gold and bags, boy howdy! Fun times.
乱学者

Stocky

« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2007, 10:16:12 PM »
Wow PeeDee is only level 29? I bought WoW two weeks ago and my Paladin is level 26, my Druid level 23. And I spent a lot of time cooking and fishing, herbaling and alcheming with my Paladin.

Anyways. I NEED TO FIGURE OUT A GOOD NAME FOR MY FEMALE BLOOD ELF ROGUE!!!!

Spicoli

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2007, 11:56:13 PM »
Wow PeeDee is only level 29? I bought WoW two weeks ago and my Paladin is level 26, my Druid level 23. And I spent a lot of time cooking and fishing, herbaling and alcheming with my Paladin.

Anyways. I NEED TO FIGURE OUT A GOOD NAME FOR MY FEMALE BLOOD ELF ROGUE!!!!

I play rather casually, and recently I haven't been playing much. Usually I play 2 hours a day or so

etiolate

« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2007, 04:22:29 PM »
Leveling very fast is kind of scary to me. I like diversifying, so I quest/level, but do my profession stuff and BGs. And for the past week it was grinding out gold for my mount. The economy on this server is certainlya buyer's market.  I had to sell Shadowskin gloves at 8g when they're priced at 50g on my old server and sell for at least 20g normally according to ye olde thottbot.

My Druid at 43

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #324 on: January 27, 2007, 09:20:19 PM »
Today I was in Don Modr again. Basically the area is covered with elite Dark Iron Dwarves who show no mercy to passers by. Yesterday I joined a pretty decent group and wound up finishing the big kill quest in the area (all in all we had to kill around 30 of the dwarves).

The area also holds an elite quest in which you have to kill this dwarven mage and take his ear. I couldn't find anyone to help me yesterday, and today I started with little luck too. Eventually I joined a group with 2 rogues, but rather quickly it became apparent that this wasn't a good idea. One of the rogues was lv38 while the other was 26; because of the low level he wound up arrgo'ing everything in the area on many occassions. Eventually we started pulling 1-2 dwarves out of the area and to this wagon that was surrounded by NPCs who actually would fire at the enemies.

But alas, we couldn't get into the base to kill the mage. It sucked because everytime we tried I was the only person who died. Eventually I stopped using Taunt and other tank standards, but the enemies still kept attacking me solely. Once again I was reminded just how important healers are in the World of Warcraft. We never found one, but we eventually got another warrior to help us, and after 2-3 tries we got the ear.

What followed next was basically me following the group around as we finished off quests in the Wetlands.

I plan on playing more tonight and getting my damn profession skills up to par, which are currently embarrassing.  :lol

etiolate

« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2007, 11:27:40 PM »
I use a dagger for my Druid. Much better.

Also how do you get the PvP Epic set or something for female Druids? How do you get those sets? Is it insanely hard and rare or is it somewhat difficult but doable when you're level 60-70?

I like staves and maces.  If I go dagger, I have to carry a goofy off hand and the daggers don't nromally carry intellect or healing boosts.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2007, 10:07:34 PM »
Well my 30 day free trial finally expired. I have the gamers cards, but....I don't think I'm going to renew yet. Tomorrow I absolutely HAVE to do some homework, and the rest of the week I need to catch up. Although I don't have any tests for another 3 weeks I still want to get shit done.

I'll renew this upcoming Thursday, after school

« Reply #327 on: January 29, 2007, 04:30:04 PM »
This is what all the cool kids do in WoW

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F99YSU54
haa

etiolate

« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2007, 09:37:59 PM »
Thanks to whiteacid for the gold.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2007, 01:33:57 AM »
Hit level 24 tonight, god damn a warrior can be a beast.

Its funny playing a ranged hunter and playing a Warrior, both are pretty different. I kept waiting for raptor strike to cooldown as fast as heroic strike lol.

o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #330 on: January 30, 2007, 02:28:08 AM »
lol I used to have that armor

MrAngryFace

« Reply #331 on: January 30, 2007, 02:51:01 AM »
Fortified, really the best you can get at level 24 that isnt blue.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #332 on: January 30, 2007, 03:48:17 AM »
Damn lv24? You might surpass me since I'm not renewing my account until Thursday :-\

MrAngryFace

« Reply #333 on: January 30, 2007, 01:29:58 PM »
I dunno, after solo-ing two 60s I sorta have the quest grind down to a science. I have a hunter I started last week a few days after I started my warrior at level 14 too.

Speaking of...well ill just add this. How are jewelcrafters making money. Im a miner, and i've been making tons of gold off BRONZE, motherfucking BRONZE. I've seen buyouts as high as 4 gold go. I usually undercut at 1.5 - 2 gold per stack and sell it rather quickly. Copper sells stupid fast too. Silver even faster.

Point being I see all the shit they make from the stacks and they sell it for so cheap I wonder where they actually make money. I mean, im making gobs of money for very little effort.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 01:31:40 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #334 on: January 30, 2007, 01:51:58 PM »
change this title to EVILBORE SEZ WOW and sticky it!
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #335 on: January 30, 2007, 01:56:57 PM »
PDark: Would you mind if I converted this into a stickied WoW topic? Im tired of deciding where to put my WoW shit.
o_0

« Reply #336 on: January 30, 2007, 02:59:41 PM »
I dunno, after solo-ing two 60s I sorta have the quest grind down to a science. I have a hunter I started last week a few days after I started my warrior at level 14 too.

Speaking of...well ill just add this. How are jewelcrafters making money. Im a miner, and i've been making tons of gold off BRONZE, motherfucking BRONZE. I've seen buyouts as high as 4 gold go. I usually undercut at 1.5 - 2 gold per stack and sell it rather quickly. Copper sells stupid fast too. Silver even faster.

Point being I see all the shit they make from the stacks and they sell it for so cheap I wonder where they actually make money. I mean, im making gobs of money for very little effort.

The bread and butter's in 60+ mercantilism.  I probably dropped about 350g twinking jewelcrafting to 300, but between mining, prospecting, cutting, and doing an instance here and there, I've made triple that back.  People will spend insane amounts of money on cut green quality gems, and a literal fuckton on the blue stuff.  There's one I can make that has a chance to make your next spell cast an instant every time you cast a spell, and the mats are pretty easy to come by.  I don't charge for it, but people throw around 100g at me whenever I cut the thing, because they're just like that.

Plus, getting a stranglehold on the raiders from your server will help, since a lot of their shit is socketed and they need ubar bufz 4 purpz and all that.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2007, 03:20:36 PM »
Im just really lazy when it comes to MAKING things with my raw goods. Its easier for me just to mine and gather shit.
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »
Mining makes so much money because it is used by 3 professions. Once you get to 30s, you can go in a circle around Alterac mountain grinding ogres and mining all the veins.  I made a lot of money off of selling tin, silver and iron that way,

etiolate

« Reply #339 on: January 31, 2007, 04:38:34 AM »
I have two favorite flag runs as a druid.

The first was when whiteacid was playing with me and the horde had 4 or 5 in base and I was running solo.  I thought it would be tricky, but they were just so bad.  I steallthed into the tunnel, shifted out of form, used their speed boost, flew in and pass them, clicked the flag, ran out, switched to cat, dash and ran all the way back untouched. This is only great because I can imagine all of them sitting on D and then watching the flag just zip right out.

The second was tonight, even though it was in a losing effort. I normally always run right, out of the flag room to enemy gy and then up our ramp.  It makes them have to go across the map and most players are so used to mid and tunnel runs it normally works.  This time though I saw about 4 Horde go out that side and I think one might have notice me stealth in.  So I grabbed flag, went tunnel and found it empty, found their speed boost, shifted to bear form barreling out of the tunnel just to see a lot of horde infront of me at mid field.  So I switched cat form, dashed mad to the right and flew by them, then to travel form, natures swiftness instant heal and score.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #340 on: January 31, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »
I miss pvp'ing with you...we were a hella of a team.
boo

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #341 on: January 31, 2007, 10:57:46 AM »
btw, did you get my mail?
boo

etiolate

« Reply #342 on: January 31, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »
btw, did you get my mail?

Yup

Thanks to whiteacid for the gold.[

etiolate

« Reply #343 on: February 01, 2007, 01:58:47 AM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #344 on: February 01, 2007, 02:01:23 AM »

I was in a group doing Gnomeragan or whatever for like 3 hours, and we only finished ONE QUEST. God damn that place is fucking huge. I'll post the story tomorrow (well...actually today lol) but dammit.

A story of NINJAS, POTIONS, AND DISCONNECTS

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #345 on: February 01, 2007, 03:07:43 PM »
I hate Gnomer and refuse to do it.
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #346 on: February 01, 2007, 04:59:04 PM »
That's fucking sad.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #347 on: February 01, 2007, 05:14:58 PM »
I could never get a group for gnomer, everyone hated it ;(
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #348 on: February 01, 2007, 08:59:16 PM »
This Druid is the first character I've finished Gnomer on.  Actually I want in the backfoor and beat the boss the first run, then went back later and soloed the other quests and bosses. Triprunner Dungarees are worth getting through it for.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #349 on: February 02, 2007, 03:21:42 AM »
GOD DAMN

Well today ends as my second day of trying and failing to finish Gnomer with a group. This time we got within view of the final boss, but before we could fight him a bunch of mobs respawned behind us and OWNED us. I'm too tired to go on, but this was a good group. One of the best I've been involved with in ages

MrAngryFace

« Reply #350 on: February 02, 2007, 03:41:39 AM »
Gnomer sucks dude :(
o_0

« Reply #351 on: February 02, 2007, 11:20:47 AM »
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #352 on: February 02, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »
Scarlet ftw. I got my hunter to level 17, my Warrior is still level 24. I love the crab as a pet. I hate how everyones using ravagers as pets. I hate ravagers. Crab power!
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #353 on: February 02, 2007, 02:15:04 PM »
We got so close though :(

I started searching for a group doing Gnomer and eventually was invited to enter a group featuring two...rogues. Now I don't know about you, but rogues piss me off like no other class. It seems like every rogue I meet thinks he's so badass because OMG LOOK AT MY RED SCARF FROM JC PENNEYS AND LOL I CAN DOO 150 DAMAGE >:(

They always challenge me to duels and always kick my ass, mainly because they're so damn fast; Goinio must have arthiritis from being born in the snow. Anyway, we found a couple more members(a low level paladin and a druid) and entered the area. At first everything was going great. I must note that this was around...9PM or so. 15 minutes later the most asinine (and powerful) rogue in the group just disappeared out of thin air. I swear, I didn't see the "dumbass has left the group" note at the bottom of the screen or anything - he was just gone.

Because there's no way to beat this area without a full party we had to once again leave the dungeon and search for members. We got real lucky and found a SWEET lv30 priestess as well as another druid. With our new members we journeyed into the unknown again. Now it was like...9:30PM.

The enemies in the area are very powerful elites. It seemed like we were constantly fighting 3-5 deep mobs at every turn. I shared tank duties with one of the druids. Basically she would do most of the damage while I would stand in front of all the enemies rapidly pusing the "Tab" button to cycle through enemies and sunder their armor. I'd also make sure to try to keep arrgo by Tauting as many enemies as possible and shouting while running into the middle of mobs. This worked very well; this was a good group. We died a couple times early but it wasn't a big deal because we'd just re-enter the instance and no repops would be in the way.

As we got further into the area the group seemed to get more reckless. At this point we'd be attacking groups of lv28 mobs and barely surviving, only to do it again.

A couple days ago Etiole warned me that deep inside Gnomer there were dwarves who dropped very powerful mines. I tried telling the group this, and everyone listened except one of the druids

Me: Hey guys remember there are mines down here. Destroy them
Druid Dumbass: Actually if you don't step on them they won't blow up
Me: What the fuck? You have to destroy them. I WAS HERE LAST NIGHT
Druid Dumbass: LOL calm down shorty. Besides I have 1050 hit points lolz.
Rogue: ...
Me: ...

So we go down there and everyone is trying to kill the dwarves while watching the mines and the dumbass druid is running around arrgo'ing the entire area. Before we know it there are scores of mines on the ground then out of nowhere BAM. WTF I turn around and our priestess is DEAD. So then I try running away only to see the dumbass druid get hit by a mine and fall off the higher level we were on to his death. Dumbass :lol

I'm running around and then get BAM I'm down from a mine. God damn you'd think that after watching so many Vietnam movies I'd know how to survive such an area.

Dumbass Druid: Damn if I didn't fall I could have gotten away
Rogue: Mother fucker you got us killed
Dumbass Druid: I didn't tell you to run into the mines lol
Me: ...

But we had to keep him in the group. As MAF said, it's hard to find people who want to do Gnomer. Anyway we got back to that area quickly; there were no repops luckily. With a new plan we were able to kill the dwarves and get to the final area. We opened the door, and at the end of the hall we saw the final boss. But there were like 5 elites in the way. We attacked them but then I switch the camera and notice our priestess is getting owned in the back by a respawned group of mods. Rather quickly our tank druid died. At that point I died too. Damn we got so close.

We decided to try again and started running back as ghosts...then once we've entered the instance we see that our priestess RESPAWNED AT THE GRAVEYARD.

Rogue: Why did you do that?
Priestess: I need a break, and some smokes
Dumbass Druid: I have a meeting in the morning...
Rogue: We can try one more time!
Me: Definitely

Finally she gets to the instance, but once we turn a corner we notice the entire area has repopped. At that point we had to give up. It was 2:30AM...god damn.

I need to try again tonight. I put the rogue and priestess on my friends list, and hopefully they'll be on tonight. Despite the dumbass druid we were a good group.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #354 on: February 02, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »
Lol because rogue isn't overused
boo

etiolate

« Reply #355 on: February 02, 2007, 05:03:15 PM »
I did Mauradon for the first time on any character yesterday. Managed to get the only druid gear to drop and that was good.  The only odd bit was that there was a Paladin and a Warrior in the group and I was asked to tank. I said I would, but the Warrior would be much better at it. It turns out the Warrior just didn't want to tank, which means he didn't want to have to carry a shield.  So I did the tanking, but the warrior in Fury mode out-aggroed me most of the time.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #356 on: February 02, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »
I did Mauradon for the first time on any character yesterday. Managed to get the only druid gear to drop and that was good.  The only odd bit was that there was a Paladin and a Warrior in the group and I was asked to tank. I said I would, but the Warrior would be much better at it. It turns out the Warrior just didn't want to tank, which means he didn't want to have to carry a shield.  So I did the tanking, but the warrior in Fury mode out-aggroed me most of the time.

I was just about to ask a question concerning this. In every group play instance I've done I have used a two handed axe. The one I currently have is like 68-108 damage or something like that. Awhile ago I got this really powerful shield as a quest reward. As a tank, would it be best for me to use a shield and ditch the uber powerful axe? I only have one sword, and it's signifigantly less powerful than my axe. But at the time time, when I'm not using a shield by defense is like 1230. When I use it my defense is around 1860.

?

It just always seemed to me that as a tank my job was also to keep the enemy arrgo any way possible. If I'm doing 100-150 damage with each hit on an enemy that's going to get its attention. With my sword that's not possible.

etiolate

« Reply #357 on: February 02, 2007, 09:05:53 PM »
Well I've seen Warriors tank with 2h weapons.  It's good to keep the shield around though, for tanking a tough boss or a tight situation you can switch between the two.  I don't tank much though, so I'm not the best source of knowledge.

BTW the Darkmoon faire is coming on our server and being new to wow you should check it out.

cubicle47b

« Reply #358 on: February 03, 2007, 03:01:07 AM »
Tanks use shields for better damage mitigation.  In lower level dungeons you might not take enough damage for it to matter (and with gear at that level it might not make a difference).  Later on, it's necessary unless you're extremely overgeared for the instance.  The way you keep aggro despite low damage with your weapon is through smart use of your abilities.  The shield block + revenge combo is your god, use it.

etiolate

« Reply #359 on: February 03, 2007, 03:34:22 AM »
Mauradon is too fucking long.