Author Topic: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW  (Read 191216 times)

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
Re: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« Reply #660 on: February 26, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »
It's not worthless.

you'll see.. or rather you won't see
UNF

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #661 on: February 26, 2007, 02:45:53 PM »
I haven't been able to play all week lol

« Reply #662 on: February 26, 2007, 02:49:34 PM »
Last night, I came to the conclusion that the Arena kinda blows :-\ Dueling with teams got old pretty quick, though I do like how you're not required to grind it endlessly in order to make progress.
haa

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #663 on: February 26, 2007, 10:59:54 PM »
you fuckin' suck is why. lrn2play indeed. how you suck at being a pally is beyond me; my carebear sis-in-law can still own in bg with her pally, and she's honestly terrible.
duc

etiolate

« Reply #664 on: February 27, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »
As a pally you should learn to keep your mana up pretty good, as you mostly outlast things. You can go for the big judgment bombs or whatever if you want I suppose. I've never playd a pally past lvl 20 though.

A fight between me and a pally takes forever.  Rest druid vs pally lasts long enough till someone else comes along to double team the other. Unfortunately for me, I'm always the one who gets doubel teamed after a 5 minute tank-out.

Rogues are no problem until they get very high and just keep me stunlocked forever. Until that point, the battle lasts long enough till I put on hots and go bear form adn then it's over. Mages depend on their spec, frost mages are tough due to survivability and dps. Hunters I destroy, Warriors I just root and keep them rooted. Warlocks depend on their type, afflic is annoying right now and its double annoying with the belf racial. I hardly fight priests alone so I don't know.

Today I had a little raid in Hillsbrad.  First time as a 60, which use to mean more, but now just means I'm one of the higher levels but not the highest. I still was destroying shit alll over and they could just not kill me, they had a 59 hunter and 64 pally and I had guards on me and lowbies and I just bear'd them down.  The pally pulled the bubblehearth. Things turned when horde 70s showed up. Untilt hat point I was one hitting 45s and just outlasting everything. I killed the 70 rogue twice with a few other lower lvl feral druids helping, but they had a 70 balance druid that was hitting me for 2k+ on starfire.

I also figured out how to solo take down towers in AV.  I burned four towers as the ONLY person on offense.  Alliance *shakes head*.  Anyways, as a druid its pretty easy.  You either nuke the normal npc infront of the tower flag, or if it's an elite guard you have them chase you out of the base, root them outside and then stroll back in to cap the flag.

And Outlands questing is way better than high level dungeons.  I really don't find the overly long dungeon runs that take hours fun at all.  I do them because theres hardly any healers at my level bracket, but I rather just quest in Outland and give the quest gear and green drops. The last instance I enjoyed was ZF. I've run two of the hellfire instances already, and it's just feels like more of the same old crap.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #665 on: February 27, 2007, 10:50:30 AM »
PVP takes a lot of time to get good at. I've done well over a years worth as a rogue and a warlock and some as a warrior. Stick to WSG and learn the ropes. Arathi Basin doesnt get interesting until 40s when people have mounts.

Traditionally tho a Paladin rarely kills me. They just dont have the DPS to really put down good players on their own without wiping out their cooldowns and whatnot. What I HAVE seen is 3 horde warriors chasing a paladin all over the map just trying to kill him because its just that hard against a good player.

Paladins are about survivability, which can be capitalized on in WSG tremendously. Any other battleground I recommend you find yourself a warrior buddy, it works pretty well.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 10:52:17 AM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #666 on: February 27, 2007, 05:14:27 PM »
I made a hunter :x
UNF

« Reply #667 on: February 27, 2007, 06:11:03 PM »
Arathi Basin doesnt get interesting until 40s when people have mounts.

Arathi Basin sucks without a premade, or at least a handful of friends to dick around with :-\
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #668 on: February 27, 2007, 06:15:34 PM »
I think games of AB before level 40 depend on having a set group of friends, but the addition of mounts at level 40 make it MUCH easier to compensate for people dicking around because they arent in a cohesive group.

WSG is my home tho, forever. Its the dedust of WoW.
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #669 on: February 27, 2007, 08:13:14 PM »
WSG is still the most fun for me.  AB follows the same pattern no matter if I warn people of exactly whats going to happen or not.  Alliance grabs stables, lm and mine. Horde grabs farm and blacksmith, everytime they zerg stables right afterwards and ally leaves nobody there.  Then it quickly turns into a slaughter after that.

Alterac Valley isn't even pvp, it's just a pug raid.

etiolate

« Reply #670 on: February 27, 2007, 09:01:30 PM »
since I tarnished the thread with bitching, here's a video

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #671 on: February 28, 2007, 09:14:49 PM »
 :(

Wow I'm still in Arathi trying to find people to do Stormgrade. Every group I join runs into horrible luck, whether it's the "hey guys I have to go to a meeting..." curse or the god damn Horde ganking us

MrAngryFace

« Reply #672 on: February 28, 2007, 09:24:51 PM »
Yeah the Horde and Alliance insignias are sorta essential
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #673 on: February 28, 2007, 09:41:01 PM »
Id buy the bandages if youre a melee and potions if youre a caster. To be honest the health potions wont make a huge differencei n PVP because you have more than enough time to just bandage up with supplies from WSG or AB instead of chug a potion which iirc costs more...relatively speaking.

As a warrior I really only buy bandages for WSG, but now I can make bandanges better than WSG bandages so I stopped buying those too.

Honest to god tho if your team isnt keeping you healed, thats bad. Which means you really just would want mana potions I guess ;)
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #674 on: February 28, 2007, 09:49:52 PM »
I thought they were cheaper, dont potions cost honor marks AND money?
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #675 on: March 01, 2007, 12:58:55 AM »
oh, 1 hp? I thought it was more, potion then all the way ya.
o_0

« Reply #676 on: March 01, 2007, 02:25:32 AM »
So Team Super Awesome is in the top ranks for our battlegroup now and I think we're going to call it quits due to the utter cheese factor.  Basically, people put together groups that consist of 1 druid, 1 paladin, 1 priest, 1 warrior, and 1 LOLDOESNTEVENMATTER, but usually a rogue.  The druid chains Cyclone on our paladin, which can't be removed since it's unclassified, the priest hits Prayer of Mending on people before getting one-shotted and shelling out free heals from its super angel healy thing, the paladin cleanses everything until he sees Unstable Affliction then bubbles and then cleanses everything, the warrior moves from target to target and bitches each one, and the rogue sits around in stealth listening to hardcore West Side rap music and getting a free crit in before the match ends.  I don't even know why I log on anymore.

So yeah, don't rush to 70.  Ever.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #677 on: March 01, 2007, 02:27:15 AM »
Haha, I DO hear endless bitching about Arenas on the WoW forums.
o_0

« Reply #678 on: March 01, 2007, 02:30:55 AM »
It was a really good idea on paper, and it was honestly lots of fun for a while, until all of the "zomgs bst pvparz in teh intarbutt" started showing up and raining on my fucking parade.  In the 19 matches we've done this week, the only really fun part was fighting Ming's team and bending them over.  It was kinda like going back in time and punching Hitler in the uterus.
haa

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #679 on: March 01, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »
Ah you fought Ming's team. I played on the same server as Ming and I remember doing bg's and dueling him. He's good, but he's not the best. He's just cocky and has a big mouth.
boo

« Reply #680 on: March 01, 2007, 10:38:33 AM »
I thought he was pretty terrible lol

First one to die.
haa

cubicle47b

« Reply #681 on: March 01, 2007, 12:52:35 PM »
Armory is fucking absurd.  It not only shows my character sheet, talent information, and all my guild members.  It has my current aura buff.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Esmi
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:09:51 PM by cubicle47b »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #682 on: March 01, 2007, 12:57:15 PM »
it keeps throwing an error at me.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #683 on: March 01, 2007, 01:13:54 PM »
I changed the link slightly.  The search wasn't working for me so I used the query strings and instead of a '+' for the space in Khaz Modan I used '%20' at first.

If you're having a problem with the search too, just change the query string in the URL.  r=your realm, n=character name

« Reply #684 on: March 01, 2007, 01:30:50 PM »
That's weird.  I could've sworn we renamed the group to Team Super Awesome.  Oh well, here's us.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#team-info.xml?b=Vindication&ts=5&t=Team+Serious+Business&select=Team+Serious+Business&fl=1

Not too terrible and not too great.  Most of us only care about quality matches, which so far has only been from Paradox and East Side Nagas.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&n=Redeyees

That's me in my nerdy glory.  So geeky that I traded my old Alliance lock for a Horde one lol
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:32:47 PM by Disposable White Guy »
haa

MrAngryFace

o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #686 on: March 04, 2007, 02:03:44 AM »

I grabbed the robe from the last boss in Steamvaults because it looked cool so here's me standing around bored in Org.

etiolate

« Reply #687 on: March 04, 2007, 11:29:16 AM »
cubicle left us to make a belf

*shakes head*

I got a story though.

Sometimes I forget that most everyone in this game is far under the age of 18. Yesterday, a pally from our guild and I were 2-man-ing Dire Maul and found a 'rare' spawn Razaa in the Maul area.  We were 62 and 61 and it was a 60 elite, so we thought we'd give it a try.  It went rather well and we got two blue boe items from it.  So today, after spending all night in Scholo trying to finish off his Paladin quest and getting nothing but shaman tier gear and cloth tier stuff, which the Warlock in the group got, and still not finishing his quest, we decide to go back to DM and kill Razaa again.  So we get there, we're doing the same routine of alternately tanking and healing, and he's going down faster this time and then this dwarf hunter shows up.  The dwarves pet attacks the pally, which I giess was a snafu on the hunter's part and then we both die and the hunter is just kiting the boss.  So we come back and now there's a 60 dwarf Pally there, and I remark to him not to kill us as we jump down and we go back to killing Razaa.  Then a 70 priest shows up and he and the pally kill us. Then the priest whispers me to leave because he's corpse camping us. And I'm like wtf? Why for? He says we ganked him, which I asked how and he says he thought the hunter was with us and I said no, but he and the pally still decide to corpse camp us. So we end up rezing and attacking them, because they keep ganking us and the priest keeps whispering me that they aren't even bothering with razaa.and just camping our corpses. I then notice it's the same guild that I've helped heal for and the guild the warlock was in that we got his tier stuff for. So I tell him it makes no sense and it doesn't look good on him or his guild. And so he says "We're the best, it doesn't matter".  I'm like... what are you on a WoW box of cerial or something? Anyways, they are afraid to attack razaa because we'll return the favor and jump them, so they wait for a 70 pally to come help them and then they start on Razaa and kill him. The priest then whispers me the loot they got and is rather proud of themselves for it.  So I say, grats on the stolen blues.  I guess this pissed them off, because then I have another person from their guild whispering me and talking trash. I tell him the story, and then their story changes over and over and it's obvious they were there to gank the hunter and us and whoever was there and that there was no fair play about it. Meanwhile, their supposed GM of their guild is angry because I said they stole the blues. "We're not ninjas! We're awesome!" etc etc.  So I say fine, whatever I don't care, I'll kill him tomorrow. But he keeps whispering me and so I say I'm not healing for his guild's groups anymore because his guildies made up bad stories for lame tactics. Then he goes off on how awesome they are again and I'm not even responding to him much anymore.  I just type the ... in response to his rant and he puts me on ignore. This whole time he is typing, likes this ?? ok !! to me butthurts cry cry.

Anyways, if theres only 1 or 2 healers in a level bracket, don't piss them off or you won't get dungeon runs anymore. Especially if you don't trust your 70 shadowpriest to heal for something two 60s were doing by themselves.

cubicle47b

« Reply #688 on: March 04, 2007, 03:07:57 PM »
Actually, I started my alliance character as a test to see whether I liked paladins enough to switch mains.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #689 on: March 04, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »
I love my warrior despite people saying they suck a lot, I still clean up in PVP....if im willing to die a bit ;)
o_0

« Reply #690 on: March 04, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
The very well-hidden secret of the World of Warcraft is that warriors > * when it comes to PVP.  The catch is that you need gear.  You might also need to be Korean too, I'm not sure.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #691 on: March 04, 2007, 04:26:27 PM »
my gear IS pretty nice for my level. Its all from AH tho, about half blues, half nice greens. Havent been able to find decent equipment upgrades for a while. Im level 35 and STILL using Combatant Claymore just cause its dps and stats are so nice.
o_0

« Reply #692 on: March 04, 2007, 07:36:55 PM »
But are you Korean?  I'm pretty sure that's the secret weapon to becoming and unstoppable killing machine at higher levels.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #693 on: March 04, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »
Haha, no, ill probably still be somewhat stoppable.
o_0

« Reply #694 on: March 04, 2007, 11:46:21 PM »
You also need, like 50 gazillion trinkets.  It's kinda lame, really.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #695 on: March 05, 2007, 12:18:15 AM »
one for every occation :(
o_0

« Reply #696 on: March 06, 2007, 01:38:14 PM »
I think you need more barrel rolls.

Why are you agility+strength and not stamina+strength?
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #697 on: March 06, 2007, 01:53:24 PM »
Tiger is agility strength.

Dont make the mistake of going for crit chance all the way tho. A warrior can get an extra 5% from cruelty and have SOME agility to hover around a decent percentile. The mistake most warriors make is that they dont know when to stop.

Im currently resting at 12.33% chance to crit, and you know what? Thats ENOUGH. As long as my weapon speed is decent and im spamstringing im getting plenty of opportunities for a good crit and Imp Overpower gets that extra what...60% chance?

That being said I currently have a stat bonus distribution of Strength and Stamina being even, and agility being half that. The armor bonus from agility isnt really worth it since you'll be getting all the armor that matters from items, and that critting only REALLY hurts if you hit hard in the first place ;)
o_0

« Reply #698 on: March 06, 2007, 02:34:15 PM »
The distribution of agility points into crit % is 20:1 on a warrior, if I'm not mistaken.  This is why warriors usually go with gear that's stamina/strength/crit, as the distribution of points is typically better than gear with stam/str/agi.  This number doesn't change with levels, except maybe after 60 where Critical Rating decreases your actual crit % by a fraction for every level after 60.

Keeping that in mind, MAF's right.  A little agility here and there is alright (something that has stamina, strength, and agility all on one piece for example) but for the most part, you want to stick with stam and str as your primary stat choices.  There just isn't enough "quality" gear at pre-60+ levels to warrant taking agility over either other stat.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #699 on: March 06, 2007, 03:52:57 PM »
I only really gain agility from rings and my cloak. I think ive found the perfect balance in gear with agil/str and gear with stam/str so as I level up I will continue only replacing stam/str armor with stam/str armor, and the same with agil/str.

My crit chance will most likely continue to hover around 12-15%, but I hear of warriors aiming for like 19% but not keeping DPS where it needs to be just for that extra 5% chance. I also agree about the lack of quality gear pre-60. I almost always have 12-20 gold from mining and im not only finding a lack of skills I actually use at even levels to buy, but also an extreme lack of equipment variety for an arms warrior.

Here's what I have right now (actually it looks like it still needs to update for last nights new sword and boots):

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Muradin&n=Auchentoshan

I finally upgraded from combatant claymore, which was a FANTASTIC two-hand sword from levels 28-36. My new sword has a very slight speed loss but the DPS is still higher (ever so slightly) but instead of good stamina and a useless spirit gain I get NICE stam/str gain from the new sword.

There are so few GOOD weapons to buy between 28-36
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:55:00 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #700 on: March 06, 2007, 05:27:27 PM »
OMG warriors getting a buff. According to tseric on the Warrior forums the latest patch (I think its todays in fact)

Makes Thunderclap usable in Def stance AND it generates more rage. This makes Arms tanking even more viable if its called for.

Also Unbridled Wrath apparently scales UP in percentage chance with slower weapons.

They also recalculated rage generation so warriors of any tree should be generating 15-20% more rage :D :D :D :D
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #701 on: March 06, 2007, 05:32:50 PM »
I just checked my stats in Dire Bear to see the reductions. My armor dropped by 1k and my hp by 400. I had been the makeshift tank for the guild until the Warrior levels up(he's about 4-5 lvls below me), but now my stats aren't any better than his and my aggro drawing ability much less. I think that cuts it out for scholo runs for now.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #702 on: March 06, 2007, 05:42:04 PM »
I dont get why they took away armor and HP from the druid, thats kinda silly.

Druids in PVP wont give a shit tho, they usually just use cat form for its DPS, bear is rarely used effectively unless they are camping the flag in a cold war situation and need someone that will survive a massive assault.
o_0

« Reply #703 on: March 06, 2007, 05:58:16 PM »
Actually, until today, druids would PVP in bear form and do rather well, what with the way their damage abilities worked stacked with insanely high armor and HP.  I guess now they're back to rogues that cast Entangling Roots then run away once they get hit a few times.

When I logged on a night or two ago, the tank for this guild was talking about how Improved Battle Shout works with Commanding Shout now.  I think it adds like 1080 HP at 70 now or something.
haa

« Reply #704 on: March 06, 2007, 07:25:23 PM »
Stamina's never useless in PVP!  Armor means jack shit when you're fighting a caster.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #705 on: March 07, 2007, 12:12:44 AM »
Eh, id try and limit your tiger equipment to a few items, you want stam/str to make up most of your armor set. Also if your 2H just put the points into the parry talent and leave it at that. You don't really want a warrior that dodges a lot since it makes you weak against other warriors and does jack shit against casters, while stamina adds hp that will soak caster bolts.

Im a 2H warrior and dodge really means jack shit to me in PVP and I dominate. I mean my armor still soaks up 32% which is honestly fine because I kill things REALLY fast. If youre trying to be a tank for PVE youre the wrong spec anyway.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 12:15:51 AM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

« Reply #706 on: March 07, 2007, 12:25:16 AM »
Elemental mages are still nuts, even though everyone's bitching about stuff that I haven't kept up with over the past month.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #707 on: March 07, 2007, 12:44:54 AM »
Im actually more afraid of mages right now than locks. Fear chaining sucks n all, but some of the mage nukes that have been critting me have made me cry for mercy.
o_0

MrAngryFace

« Reply #708 on: March 07, 2007, 01:12:17 AM »
Ugg just fought a group in PVP that was nothing but twinked out mages, and of course alliance brought all their warriors. Level 30-39 bracket you can just GUESS who won that exchange :(
o_0

« Reply #709 on: March 07, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »
I think I'm going to make a mage on a PVP server and just disappear from my old one.  They're all cockfags anyway :-\
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #710 on: March 07, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »
Dunno. I started a pally on the side since ive NEVER made one. No clue what to do with it when I hit 10 lol.

I would say to, as a rule, keep armor above 30% always, and focus on DPS if youre going to go 2-hand arms or fury.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #711 on: March 07, 2007, 01:11:21 PM »
Defense is useful if you're tanking higher level instances.  A defense of 490 (max defense at 70 is 350) will keep you from being crit by level 73 mobs which in many cases would instagib you.  It also ups your dodge, block, and parry by .04% per defense over the max defense for your level.  It's not that useful outside of instances as you'd much rather have damage gear than mitigation and I'm pretty sure it's ignored in PVP.

cubicle47b

« Reply #712 on: March 07, 2007, 01:14:52 PM »
I haven't played a warrior in a year and a half but I couldn't live without tactical mastery.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #713 on: March 07, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
I dont change stances that often, I probably will at higher level battlegrounds, but right now it isnt required.
o_0

« Reply #714 on: March 07, 2007, 03:18:33 PM »
You don't switch to Defensive when a mage or warlock is about to nuke you? :wag
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #715 on: March 07, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »
No, PVP is way too fluid for multiple stance changes right now. Im usually fighting a mage a rogue a hunter a hunter a warlock. Group PVP is a little too hairy to random to kit or play to defeat a specific class. The mage that nuked me in the previous story was behind me, I was off trying to finish off a hunter.

Plus def stance robs me of almost all of my favorite things which is annoying. TC moving to def is nice but even so. I usually deal 30k damage a WSG match right now, swapping stances would probably hurt my output and destroy any chances I have of beating twinks HP down to 0.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:38:05 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #716 on: March 07, 2007, 03:55:17 PM »
You've got to be changing between berserker and battle stance, though.  Berserker has intercept, whirlwind, and berserker rage.  Battle stance has charge and overpower.  Rage management is essential and stance dancing is one of the keys to being a good warrior.  I just don't see how anyone can live without that 3 point talent.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #717 on: March 07, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »
I havent needed to yet really. You can ask Drinky but im usually top of the charts.

Im sure that'll change at higher levels, but thats when i'll probably change too. Right now the situation just isnt calling for it.
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #718 on: March 07, 2007, 05:27:08 PM »
he's usually top of the charts, especially for damage.
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #719 on: March 07, 2007, 05:42:01 PM »
Well if it makes the WoW nerd gods happy im in the WoW Warrior forum getting educated on how to use zerk stance. Doesnt hurt I guess.

If tactical mastery is in the prot tree im not sure I wanna do it, its gonna be hard enough stradling fury and arms.
o_0