Author Topic: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW  (Read 191242 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« Reply #780 on: April 01, 2007, 09:44:48 PM »
Im about to pay for my mount with Bronze bar's on Auction :D, stack of 20 could go for at most 8-10g :lol I didnt even need to mine much either...I simply got copper,tin ore or bars on auction for cheap then made the bronze myself, ive got about 150 gold at lvl 34, Im thinking I might buy a set of plate armor for when I hit 40.

Holy shit wtf? Wow the economy on my server sucks; I get like 60-90s for that.

Do you ever have trouble finding ore veins since they're so many people on your server? I would imagine lots of people would wind up mining before you get there

dsn2k

« Reply #781 on: April 01, 2007, 09:53:41 PM »
Im about to pay for my mount with Bronze bar's on Auction :D, stack of 20 could go for at most 8-10g :lol I didnt even need to mine much either...I simply got copper,tin ore or bars on auction for cheap then made the bronze myself, ive got about 150 gold at lvl 34, Im thinking I might buy a set of plate armor for when I hit 40.

Holy shit wtf? Wow the economy on my server sucks; I get like 60-90s for that.

Do you ever have trouble finding ore veins since they're so many people on your server? I would imagine lots of people would wind up mining before you get there

early morning Mining runs... :lol you would be surprised how empty certains areas can get, dont even need long if you know where the ore is specifically.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #782 on: April 01, 2007, 11:50:28 PM »
omg lol

My prepaid card ran out today. Hell I almost wanted to run out to get another card but it was too late. Damn :(

cubicle47b

« Reply #783 on: April 02, 2007, 10:23:34 AM »
You don't lose anything when your subscription runs out, just access until you pay again.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #784 on: April 02, 2007, 06:02:17 PM »
You don't lose anything when your subscription runs out, just access until you pay again.

I know that lol; this will be the second time I've bought the card. I was going to buy it today but then I figured meh, I'm going to watch the game later tonight and I have tests to study for. :-\

etiolate

« Reply #785 on: April 03, 2007, 08:33:34 AM »
I just made a riding crop (omg primal might you cost me so) and discovered it doesn't improve druid flight form speed at all.  So basically I'll only be using my riding crop outside of Outlands. Luhame.

I keep considering respeccing, but I don't know how.  Tree of Life is just really gimped and over-specialized. The lack of utility and healing touch hurts once you start hitting the 70s dungeons.  The hots are great covers, but it can not handle the huge damage increase that suddenly jumps in at the 70 point.  I tried The Mechanar, and it pretty much seemed like if I wasn't a priest with prayer of mending, then my party wasn't surviving. One of my problem's with WoW is how formulaic it becomes that it starts to boil down to the stoic priest, warrior, mage and rogue required setup. 

The thing is, I got nothing I want to respec to. I don't want to go balance, and I don't want to go feral as I have setup all my gear around resto and would have to go back and grab all the feralish gear I missed.  Plus, theres already feral and balance druids.  Being the one and only resto druid is my niche, but it is a niche for a reason.. it fucking sucks at the end. The only other option is the hybrid healer, but it seems so stupid that a character with more balance points would be a better healer than a character with more resto points.  The third option is going entirely resto which is like giving up on ever doing anything solo because you can't do shit but heal that way.The whole problem is the heals aren't big enough unless you use the ultra slow healing touch and secondly, you're the squishiest thing around without mana shield or inner fire to buff you up.  There's like an 80 armor point difference between leather caster and cloth caster at level 70, but a 200 armor difference between leather caster and mail caster.  If I get any aggro, I just die. If I switch to bear, then I can't heal. If I keep switching in and out of forms because Tree is so gimped and caster form is so sqishy then I am wasting a ton of mana.

So it's basically talent tree and armor that makes Druid healing a pain.  I have no flash heal or lesser healign wave, no bubble, no fade or aggro protection.  For all the bitching about feral, the resto tree was weak to begin with and now it has feral to join it's ranks.  Most druids I see are Balance now, which is like a battlemage who will be skipped over for a mage or shaman anyday for the mage's aoe + crowd control and the shamans totems.  Though moonkin is fine for pvp as you have all that damn armor and can single target nuke things down.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:36:07 AM by etiolate »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #786 on: April 03, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »
Couldn't wait: I got the card earlier today, and I'll probably be playing all night lol

dsn2k

« Reply #787 on: April 03, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
Im fed up of being ganked by lvl 70 hord in Stranglethorn Vale >:(, cant get any quests done without having to watch my back 24/7.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #788 on: April 03, 2007, 09:49:09 PM »
I went there once and just gave up. Have to do a warrior quest there but I doubt I can do it without being ganked again and again

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #789 on: April 04, 2007, 03:46:57 AM »
I just made a riding crop (omg primal might you cost me so) and discovered it doesn't improve druid flight form speed at all.  So basically I'll only be using my riding crop outside of Outlands. Luhame.

I keep considering respeccing, but I don't know how.  Tree of Life is just really gimped and over-specialized. The lack of utility and healing touch hurts once you start hitting the 70s dungeons.  The hots are great covers, but it can not handle the huge damage increase that suddenly jumps in at the 70 point.  I tried The Mechanar, and it pretty much seemed like if I wasn't a priest with prayer of mending, then my party wasn't surviving. One of my problem's with WoW is how formulaic it becomes that it starts to boil down to the stoic priest, warrior, mage and rogue required setup. 

The thing is, I got nothing I want to respec to. I don't want to go balance, and I don't want to go feral as I have setup all my gear around resto and would have to go back and grab all the feralish gear I missed.  Plus, theres already feral and balance druids.  Being the one and only resto druid is my niche, but it is a niche for a reason.. it fucking sucks at the end. The only other option is the hybrid healer, but it seems so stupid that a character with more balance points would be a better healer than a character with more resto points.  The third option is going entirely resto which is like giving up on ever doing anything solo because you can't do shit but heal that way.The whole problem is the heals aren't big enough unless you use the ultra slow healing touch and secondly, you're the squishiest thing around without mana shield or inner fire to buff you up.  There's like an 80 armor point difference between leather caster and cloth caster at level 70, but a 200 armor difference between leather caster and mail caster.  If I get any aggro, I just die. If I switch to bear, then I can't heal. If I keep switching in and out of forms because Tree is so gimped and caster form is so sqishy then I am wasting a ton of mana.

So it's basically talent tree and armor that makes Druid healing a pain.  I have no flash heal or lesser healign wave, no bubble, no fade or aggro protection.  For all the bitching about feral, the resto tree was weak to begin with and now it has feral to join it's ranks.  Most druids I see are Balance now, which is like a battlemage who will be skipped over for a mage or shaman anyday for the mage's aoe + crowd control and the shamans totems.  Though moonkin is fine for pvp as you have all that damn armor and can single target nuke things down.

you can always do the 33/0/28 Dreamstate Build. It's a mana efficient healing build, or so I hear. Don't put yourself in a situation where you have to have some sort of niche. Play for yourself, or its becomes a job more than a game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:50:57 AM by BlackMage »
UNF

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #790 on: April 04, 2007, 09:54:36 AM »
Right now I have most of my points in arms, although recently I've been putting some in protection. Basically there are a couple important things in protec that I've been building up: the one proficiency that allows me to keep more rage after changing stances, and another that increases my defense rating.

I've been changing stances whiling tanking much more recently. Last night while tanking SM I would basically start in Basic by charing an enemy, then I use Demoralizing Shout. After that I switch to Defense stance and start using Taunt to keep attention, all while sundering as much armor as possible. And when I can't take all the arrgo I'll disarm the enemies that are fighting my group members. Also I use Revenge whenever I can; supposedly using Shield Bash is a good way to set up Revenge, but it doesn't work that way lol. I just use the bash on magic users to take them out of the picture for 6 seconds.

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #791 on: April 04, 2007, 01:27:10 PM »
Right now I have most of my points in arms, although recently I've been putting some in protection. Basically there are a couple important things in protec that I've been building up: the one proficiency that allows me to keep more rage after changing stances, and another that increases my defense rating.

I've been changing stances whiling tanking much more recently. Last night while tanking SM I would basically start in Basic by charing an enemy, then I use Demoralizing Shout. After that I switch to Defense stance and start using Taunt to keep attention, all while sundering as much armor as possible. And when I can't take all the arrgo I'll disarm the enemies that are fighting my group members. Also I use Revenge whenever I can; supposedly using Shield Bash is a good way to set up Revenge, but it doesn't work that way lol. I just use the bash on magic users to take them out of the picture for 6 seconds.

shield BLOCK sets up revenge. not shield bash
UNF

cubicle47b

« Reply #792 on: April 04, 2007, 01:37:28 PM »
Only use taunt when you need to pull a mob off of someone else.  You're just wasting it if you're using it on mobs that are hitting you.  It's a snap aggro ability, it doesn't actually generate threat.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #793 on: April 05, 2007, 12:44:55 AM »
That's what I try to do.

I've been doing SM nearly every day that I get to play WoW, but I never get to pull. So I just try to run in after the pull and establish as much arrgo as possible. It's pretty easy for me to keep arrgo against 1-3 enemies, and I've been able to keep the attention of all the bosses rather easily. But then again most of my groups have featured at least 1 member who's lv45+ which makes things easier. I'd love to do SM with just poeple lv38-41 or so

etiolate

« Reply #794 on: April 06, 2007, 02:47:18 AM »
I'm really tired of dealing with beggers.  Every non-flist whisper ends in "can you give me gold?" or "can you run me through ___?"  I especially dislike that our guild is suddenly full of low levels who constantly bug me.  I like helping people, but this goes beyond lending a hand.  It's lke I'm adopting invalids. This is PD's first WoW charactter and he's far more self-suffecient and capable than a lot of these idiots.  I don't even know who invited them to our guild or where they come from.  My favorites are the one who start off asking "How did you get to 70?" and I say "By soloing and doing things myself" and their response is "kk will you run me thru gnomer i need dagger". 

I swear, I've had people spend a gold I lend them in a day at level 8.  What are they even buying?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 02:49:33 AM by etiolate »

cubicle47b

« Reply #795 on: April 06, 2007, 12:50:06 PM »
I think etiolate needs a little time off and probably a new guild.

I'm kind of waiting for my guild to explode right now.  The GM and MT really don't like each other and I'm tired of dealing with both of them.  Tension is building because we suck at Shade of Aran and have been stuck there for 2 weeks now (we did kill him once but late on a Monday night).  I'll see what happens then pick up the pieces or take some time off.  I'm also tired of seemingly handling way too much of our healing responsibilities.  On our Kara run last night I did something like 50% more healing than our regular priest and he was ahead of the resto druid by a bit.  I went through 3 mana pots and 2 Night Dragon's breaths on the Curator and was OOM and using flash of light for the last 8%.  It's a tad stressful.

etiolate

« Reply #796 on: April 06, 2007, 07:07:08 PM »
My healing stats are always fuxxed over because direct heals overwrite my hots and I don't get credit for the back kick of lifebloom, which is the majority of that spell's heal.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #797 on: April 06, 2007, 11:38:59 PM »
I'm really tired of dealing with beggers.  Every non-flist whisper ends in "can you give me gold?" or "can you run me through ___?"  I especially dislike that our guild is suddenly full of low levels who constantly bug me.  I like helping people, but this goes beyond lending a hand.  It's lke I'm adopting invalids. This is PD's first WoW charactter and he's far more self-suffecient and capable than a lot of these idiots.  I don't even know who invited them to our guild or where they come from.  My favorites are the one who start off asking "How did you get to 70?" and I say "By soloing and doing things myself" and their response is "kk will you run me thru gnomer i need dagger". 

I swear, I've had people spend a gold I lend them in a day at level 8.  What are they even buying?
:lol

I've realized I'm far too nice in real life, and it crosses over in the game. I've given money to very low level characters, most of whom seem to hang around the bank in Stormwind. At least once a week someone will whisper "hey can I have 10s plz". Ugh. Yesterday I also wound up running a guildie through the Deadmines. Well, I tried...

Basically he begged me to help and I figured I should since I haven't done much with the other guild members. Once we got in he asked if he could have all the loot. I said yes because I didn't really need the money and DM drops stuff that can't help me anyway. Then he asked for some money. I gave him 1g lol, and he didn't even say thank you; I had to say "um aren't you going to say thanks..." before it crossed his mind. Less than halfway through he says "hey I'm gonna have a lv68 (Caro) run me through..." I just laughed and said alright. As I'm running out he runs past me yelling help because the mobs were after him. I saved his ass and then left. Ungrateful snotball.

I'm not giving out money again. But what really confuses me is the idea of high levels running low levels through instances. When I was lv18 I got in a fucking group and did Deadmines over and over again; it's no doubt written about 7 pages back in this very thread. I was able to raise around 70g for my mount, with Cubicle giving me the other 20g. What's the point of playing if you're just going to have other people inflate your success lol?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #798 on: April 08, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »
Figured I'd take a new pic

Is that good? :D

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #799 on: April 08, 2007, 11:35:33 PM »
STFU

Were you a warrior? :-\

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #800 on: April 10, 2007, 02:10:38 PM »
I did RFD last night. While it's not nearly as tedious and annoying as Gnomer I still found it a bit..boring. Most of the enemies were lv35 elites, which I could no doubt solo one on one. But as you get deeper into the dungeon things start getting harder. For instance, you have to worry about these summoner things that revive dead mobs.

The group was pretty good, but we had three low lv players. They were pretty good though, but constantly drew arrgo which lead to the healer dying a couple times. We had a lv45 player (from my guild; I've gone through about 3 instances with him) who pulled, and then I'd run in and get attention. He died a few times actually though. I would have preferred to charge in a get the arrgo first.

I doubt I'll do this instance again. There wasn't any good loot for my class, and I also didn't find much stuff I could AH. I plan on just continuing to do SM, which I really like (except for the graveyard)

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #801 on: April 10, 2007, 04:15:30 PM »
My armor is high. STFU!!!!!

Guild Wars was boring to me in the demo. It's so...bland

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #802 on: April 10, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
My armor is higher now STFU OMG. It's past 4300 now

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #803 on: April 11, 2007, 12:56:06 AM »
Didn't I tell you I quit WoW?

I could give a fuck about your armor rating, bro. >:(

People who quit WoW act like born again Christians. So fucking preachy and condescending.
UNF

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #804 on: April 11, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »
I did Uldaman for the first time last night, but we didn't finish; earler today I was able to finish it. Once again I was able to join a good group, and bring along a really good Gnome mage from my guild, who I do a lot of instances with.

While SM is still my favorite instance, Uldaman is getting up their as a favorite. The one bad thing I guess is that it's HUGE. There are so many bosses and mini bosses, the various paths to take. The entire feel really gave me a Greek/Clash of the Titans vibe, which is a good thing.

There are many high level mobs in there. I was the lowest level in the group at lv42 but it wasn't much of a problem since I'm a tank and can take lots of damage. We had two mages so they'd just polly a couple mobs, leaving us with 1-2 to deal with at a time instead of 4.

I got lots of good stuff, and put it all on AH lol. Damn I've got well over 12g worth of stuff on AH, in part thanks for the Uldaman drops. Got some mithril ore (4g) and even some silver bars (4g as well). Plus like I always say, silk cloth is a big seller

etiolate

« Reply #805 on: April 12, 2007, 02:14:34 AM »
Bask in the glory of my glowing man bewbs

etiolate

« Reply #806 on: April 12, 2007, 08:31:17 AM »
MAYBE THE GREATEST WOW SCREENSHOT EVER

ps: people don't tip level 70 naked dancers =/

etiolate

« Reply #807 on: April 12, 2007, 09:50:12 AM »
Okay my dance troupe grew larger.

btw, the dranei is level 70 as well and I got him to go naked

The best thing about this was that I was sick of beggars, so I decided to do the stuff myself and what shows up in the middle of my dancing but a level 1 female warrior named Realgurl!  She starts begging for gold because "she's a real girl" and I proceed to play with her and tell her she's got to work for it ilke I do.  At one point I actually had her standing at the opposite corner dancing for tips and me at my corner dancing with a crowd of people around me and her all alone.  Then she came back to where I was to beg and I told her to get off my corner. They actually ragequit because I was drawing all the attention away from her spamming for gold.  It was awesome.  And I got tipped! With gems!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:53:47 AM by etiolate »

Stocky

« Reply #808 on: April 12, 2007, 08:12:05 PM »
PD, just for you <3

WHORESOFWARCRAFT.COM

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #809 on: April 13, 2007, 03:10:28 PM »
Went to Desolace last night. I was told that there's a lot of good xp and loot there but I didn't find any; I got to lv43 but I was pretty close anyway. At first I saw a lot of lv32-35 mobs, but eventually I found some lv39s. They gave out like 300+ xp but you can get that in Alterac fighting ogres.

I actually wound up fighting my way all the way to an instance (Mauradan). I was fighting some centaurs than I noticed there was a meeting stone ahead of me lol. I went in and found some lv42 mobs and took some on; very nice. Then I forgot where I was going and arrgo'd a lv42 elite; I had like two thirds of my health so I got killed.

dsn2k

« Reply #810 on: April 13, 2007, 08:13:30 PM »
Blizzard have ruined DW Fury warriors  >:( >:(

Ive had enough with the nerfing of warriors, may just go back to my Warlock whats bound to get taken apart as well at some point.

etiolate

« Reply #811 on: April 14, 2007, 01:44:24 AM »
You got nerfed because warriors cried their brains out over druids, but now I'm getting crit for 2300+ on Mortal Strikes and Warriors are pretty much pvp death machines.  I don't know about Fury, but Arms is nasty now.  If warriors would have just waited to get their 'epix' or 70 weapons then they wouldn't have cared that Druids temporarily had dps, because they pretty much murder everything at this point.  Mortal Strike is crazier than bear Maim ever was, and I can't even keep warriors cc'd anymore.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #812 on: April 14, 2007, 03:35:22 AM »
One day I will be awesome then :hyper

etiolate

« Reply #813 on: April 14, 2007, 05:10:37 AM »
Aren't you prot?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #814 on: April 14, 2007, 05:21:34 AM »
No, arms. I wound up putting a lot of points in there before I did my first instance, and kept with it. Recently I've been putting some points in prot too. Mainly in stance mastery so I can change stances without losing all my rage.

etiolate

« Reply #815 on: April 15, 2007, 01:18:00 AM »
How lazy my guild members are

Whisper from random guildie I've never heard of: I'm leaving the guild. Okay?
Me: Why?
him: I need a guild with more people at my level who can help.
Me: Okay, I understand. We have some people your level but not an entire group's worth.
Him: I need a Scarlet Monastery group.Can you run?
Me: Uh ask Goinio and the 37 hunter in the guild.
Him: *silence*
Him: Can you remove me from guild?
Me: You can't be arsed to even leave the guild yourself?
Him: Remove me please

btw, he's still in guild, because I haven't kicked him yet

TOO LAZY TO EVEN LEAVE THE GUILD BY THEMSELVES

wtf

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #816 on: April 15, 2007, 02:21:32 AM »
 :lol

Barely any of people around my level ever want to do anything. There are a couple guys that I do a lot of stuff with, but other than that meh. In fact, there's this guy who contacts me every week asking me to run him through the Deadmines. Now I don't understand why people can't just get in a group and do that kind of stuff, but according to this guy he's a "cool young dude" and needs higher levels to run him through. Um, whatever that means. I know it's a low level with like powerful gear (or something like that), but come on.

I love SM and I don't mind doing it when I'm not doing something else. Of course I'm not too keen on running lv35 people through there but outside of that I'm good with it.

Anyway...I almost have 60g. I'm making more money now than I ever have it seems. Selling silk cloth is very helpful, and you can get it in all the instances. Also I find that mining in Alterac nets me lots of iron and some mithril, both of which sell very well on AH. Recently I haven't done much blacksmithing, instead opting to just sell the minerals. To tell the truth I don't know what I'm going to do with the money. My armor is pretty good right now, and there aren't any good 1H axes on AH for my level.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 02:25:09 AM by Phoenix Dark »

cubicle47b

« Reply #817 on: April 15, 2007, 02:46:56 PM »
Arms warriors are insane so they nerf Fury.  Blizzard works in mysterious ways.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #818 on: April 15, 2007, 09:14:04 PM »
I did battleground for like the 3rd time ever today. On my first try:

:hyper

I still suck though, in part due to the lag. But overall today I had like 85 kills and 290 honor

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #819 on: May 29, 2007, 03:38:49 AM »
THREAD REVIVE

So now that I have more time I'm back to WoW. Me and Etiole switched guilds to one which was an offshoot of our previous one. It's cool because I know many people already.

Anyway tonight I did Maraudan for the first time. Wow, that place kicked my ass. I'm lv44, but luckily the group consisted of pretty high levels including a lv66 and 54. I died around 4 times.

But most importantly I found this:
http://thottbot.com/i2100

So after we finished the instance I decided to put in on the AH for 10g. Once I advertised it on the trade channel someone told me he'd buy it for 12g. At that point I started wondering if I could get more, so I asked the guild. They said the gun was listed at up to 150g, but since our server has a weak economy I couldn't sell it for that much. They suggested 70g, so I put it back on the AH for that amount. Less than 5 minutes later it sold. HOLY SHIT I could have fucking made the biggest dumbass decision of the month:lol

So now I have 166g

etiolate

« Reply #820 on: May 29, 2007, 07:30:11 AM »
Yeah that gun is a hot seller, the agility bonus makes it worth it to hunters and rogues. I'm surprised you survived Mara at all at 44.  I normally hit Mara at around 50.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #821 on: May 29, 2007, 12:08:05 PM »
Early on I was getting owned. We ran into these green blob things that were doing like 170 damage a hit to nearly everyone; they'd gang up on you, so you could easily lose 300-400 health in no time. Overall I think I died 4 times.

My armor is the best I can find for my level, plus I've used armor kits on everything. Now I just need to find a better 1H weapon, which is a shame. I've had the same one for many levels lol. Since I don't see any good ones on AH I'm looking in instances now

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #822 on: May 30, 2007, 02:27:05 AM »
Did ZF for the first time tonight, and got this:
http://thottbot.com/i9478

OMG YES. I've been looking for a 1H axe for tanking and this is just perfect.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #823 on: June 09, 2007, 01:39:45 PM »

wtf :'( :maf

The guild masters eventually got the situation under control, but it was pretty nasty for a couple minutes

etiolate

« Reply #824 on: June 10, 2007, 02:19:38 AM »
I wasted like an hour waiting for a Gruul run just to see it fall apart because the people we were waiting for bailed.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #825 on: June 10, 2007, 03:23:52 AM »
Usually I'm able to get people together for instances, although tonight no one my level was on (and I was too tired to do an instance actually). Yesterday I went through Uldaman fully with guildies, then immediately afterward joined another group of guildies who needed help on that last boss. Both times I didn't get anything good :-\

etiolate

« Reply #826 on: June 10, 2007, 06:58:32 AM »
Well I could always get people for instances before, I was just at the right level bracket. Like I said I've played with some of these people for 20-30 levels.  But Gruul is a 25 man raid, and we had like 23 and just needed these two others to finish karazhan, but they never did.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #827 on: June 10, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »
i am now playing lotro, and it is like wow but possibly even more solo-friendly. i miss the deep skill systems of wow, but omg hobbitses
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #828 on: June 10, 2007, 06:23:25 PM »
I wish I could get into lotro but the art style really turns me off. It looks so bland...and uninspired.  :'(

After listening to the music I must say it's not bad at all. If the art style looked better I could see myself giving it a chance, despite the lack of Shore's orgasmic musica

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #829 on: June 10, 2007, 06:25:32 PM »
what's wrong with the art style? the environments look gorgeous.
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #830 on: June 10, 2007, 06:32:41 PM »
I have no qualms about the environments, but the characters look so bland to me; the items/clothes also look meh. Basically I have the same complaints about other MMO's that have more realistic art styles like Lineage, or FFXI.

I like the kiddie cartoony look, I admit :-\

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #831 on: June 10, 2007, 06:49:44 PM »
the characters look good, and the texture detail on the gear is nuts. they're trying to be more realistic, sure, but it's also pretty stylish -- although apparently not enough so for your nintendo-addled juvenile sensibilities!
duc

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #832 on: June 10, 2007, 07:11:52 PM »
lulz that's the thing. I prefer a more cartoony look with certain types of games. Personally I think PS3 Home is realllly ugly, and would do better with a more stylized look.

FatalT

« Reply #833 on: June 10, 2007, 07:24:21 PM »
I still kinda play WoW. I'm on Baelgun with 1up's guild though, "Can't Quit You." If you've ever listened to the Legendary Thread podcast from 1up, it's the guild they talk about. I'm a 48 gnome rogue named "Turdnugget" :D

etiolate

« Reply #834 on: June 10, 2007, 08:05:55 PM »
I haven't tried LOTRO because I don't want something modeled so closely to wow.  Waiting for Conand and potbs, or until someone does something better with the gameplay and battles.

Nikashi

« Reply #835 on: June 10, 2007, 09:06:40 PM »
I have a level 70 Undead Rogue, a level 31 Belf Paladin and a level 23 Belf Mage, all on Deathwing. If anyone is gonna start a new toon, my character names are:

Bellamuerte

Bellarosa

Aerilis.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #836 on: June 11, 2007, 03:56:06 AM »
Why is it so hard to sell 20 bars of GOLD? You'd think that stuff would be flying off the AH omg; first I had it up for 12g, then 8g...I'm not going any lower. This week my selling has been going pretty well outside of the gold. Mithril sells very well for high prices; up to 7-8g. Iron ore can net me around 4 gold, which is great.

I've noticed heavy stone sells mere minutes after I put it on AH. As time has gone by its prices have gone up from liek 50s to 80s now, which is good. Silk cloth still sells well also.

I have like 226g overall, which is impressive to me

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #837 on: June 11, 2007, 04:09:07 AM »
I have a level 70 Undead Rogue, a level 31 Belf Paladin and a level 23 Belf Mage, all on Deathwing. If anyone is gonna start a new toon, my character names are:

Bellamuerte

Bellarosa

Aerilis.

Deathwing's a fun place to play, I liked my time there. It's a good choice if you want a more advanced server with less of the been-here-since-release snobbery of some of the other older servers.
hex

etiolate

« Reply #838 on: June 14, 2007, 02:53:46 AM »
Arrgh.  This is just me whining.

I have the raiding guilds on my server asking me to join. The guild I'm in now is nice and friendly and laid back. The only thing is, I do want to try raiding. I still get invited to 25 man raids(which fall apart from not enough peeps), based on being friends with the other guilds, but getting into Kara and stuff as a non-guildie is harder. If I stop playing, the guild I'm in is better and chill. I think PD likes it too.  If I do go back to playing, the main thing left is raiding and I'd need to be in a raid guild. There's no choice I'd be totally happy with.  Even on which guild I choose.  I could go to the top guild on the server, but they are very regulated and systematic and I don't know if I'd like that.  I could go to one of the second guilds guilds that split off from the top guild, but I know less people in those guilds.  Or I could join the newer guild full of people I know well, but they are smaller in size and ability to raid.  I feel like I'm going to hurt someone's feelings by whatever I choose, unless it is to do nothing, but I might get bored again that way.  I have wow-pals in all the guilds that I've played with for awhile.  Personality wise, I'm not a follower or leader, mostly a rogue in-between sort.  So I solo and do my own thing a lot of the time, and I float from one thing to the other and have no qualms with people. This was great through most of the game, as I was always just the non-guildie healer on call.  I avoid a lot of gay drama that way.  I don't want to start gay drama now.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #839 on: August 09, 2007, 06:40:08 PM »
BUMP +5

Since this is the official Evilbore World of Warcraft thread I figured it needed a bump. :hyper

For the last few days I've been doing Blackrock Depths trying to get certain gear. The XP is great, and it's a challenging instance. Yes it's hella annoying once you realize you've been inside the dungeon for 4 hours, but I really want a few items in here, mainly:
http://thottbot.com/i11669 (Naglering - ring)
http://thottbot.com/i11745

Armory:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Goinio

I got the helm, cape, and wrist armor in BRD.