Author Topic: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW  (Read 190890 times)

cubicle47b

Re: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« Reply #900 on: October 07, 2007, 01:38:19 AM »
Brewfest is awesome.  I want my pair of lederhosen so bad.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #901 on: October 07, 2007, 02:25:12 AM »
Im enjoying brewfest a lot. Got my mug and my invisible pet. Need to get the hat and stuff too.

Also hit 48 with my mage tonight, ding ding.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #902 on: October 07, 2007, 02:33:31 AM »
I got the hat, mug, and pet.  And projectile vomited a lot.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #903 on: October 07, 2007, 02:41:45 AM »
im having trouble with the ram task for the orcs but other than that its been fun.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #904 on: October 07, 2007, 04:31:56 AM »
I can now summon my skank.  Yay.

edit: My unit frames seems to think she's a VW.  Also, ew at my latency.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #905 on: October 07, 2007, 06:17:21 AM »
lol I never participate in the fests, maybe I should. I was in a group doing the Ramparts and our main tank wouldn't stop drinking. After complaining about the healer (who was doing his best) the dude was like "i'm goin back to beerfest...hic"

Bastard. He got kicked out our guild ages ago and I vowed to never play with him again, but finding people for ramparts is tough

Edit: cub your UI is weird  :o
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:19:17 AM by Phoenix Dark »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #906 on: October 07, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »
brewfest is a lot of fun. Im usually drinking while I wow, too lol
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #907 on: October 07, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »
Edit: cub your UI is weird  :o

Yeah, I copied my paladin's raid interface when I started this character (which was heavily specialized) and have made a few quick modifications but haven't spent any time on it.  Here's my paladin's interface for comparison -

I needed a ridiculous amount of information to heal / cleanse / buff well and troubleshoot boss attempts.  Even at 1920x1200 and a reduced UI scale it's tough to get everything you need without filling up your entire screen.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #908 on: October 07, 2007, 12:52:59 PM »
Damn. Do you click all the spells or use hotkeys?

trh

« Reply #909 on: October 07, 2007, 01:06:22 PM »

What about Grid? That's what I used back when I played a Pala, works perfectly.

cubicle47b

« Reply #910 on: October 07, 2007, 01:26:40 PM »
My healing and some of my utility spells were tied to clique, a mod that allowed me to use modifier keys and click on a unit frame to cast a spell.  I put important fight specific macros / spells on the 1-4 keys, but clicked while attacking (which was rare). edit: You can see my Vashj hotkeys above.

Grid would reduce the size of my raid frames but I didn't like them that small and sRaidFrames had a few features that I loved like a very clear indicator when people were out of range, letting me know when a tank used last stand or shield wall, and it would display multiple debuffs that I could cleanse instead of just one.  I tried Grid and wanted to like it but it just didn't work for me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:29:26 PM by cubicle47b »

trh

« Reply #911 on: October 07, 2007, 01:33:27 PM »
My healing and some of my utility spells were tied to clique, a mod that allowed me to use modifier keys and click on a unit frame to cast a spell.  I put important fight specific macros / spells on the 1-4 keys, but clicked while attacking (which was rare). edit: You can see my Vashj hotkeys above.

Grid would reduce the size of my raid frames but I didn't like them that small and sRaidFrames had a few features that I loved like a very clear indicator when people were out of range, letting me know when a tank used last stand or shield wall, and it would display multiple debuffs that I could cleanse instead of just one.  I tried Grid and wanted to like it but it just didn't work for me.
It's pretty clear when they're out of range since the square will be all darkish, and I've done some heavy raiding with Grid and I never had a problem with debuffs. Probably just takes some getting used to. It doesn't show mana though which is a shame.

cubicle47b

« Reply #912 on: October 07, 2007, 01:55:40 PM »
I didn't think the range check indicator was clear enough.  The only thing that I missed by not having grid was incoming heals and not many other people were using grid so it was kind of useless.

trh

« Reply #913 on: October 07, 2007, 02:06:54 PM »
I didn't think the range check indicator was clear enough.  The only thing that I missed by not having grid was incoming heals and not many other people were using grid so it was kind of useless.
I don't know, personally I never had any problems seeing who's out of range really.

And I just remembered that there's this too:

Didn't actually know all this stuff when I used it. :lol

cubicle47b

« Reply #914 on: October 07, 2007, 02:15:46 PM »
I forgot about the shield and renew indicators but we had one holy priest so w/e.  Aggro on sRaidFrames outlines the entire frame in red.  It's just much easier for me to see things quickly on.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #915 on: October 07, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »
Damn. Do you click all the spells or use hotkeys?
I pretty much bind all of my spells and abilities except for ones that I rarely use. I have all the keys on the left side of my keyboard bound plus shift+those keys. It makes game play so much easier.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #916 on: October 08, 2007, 05:52:08 PM »
I put my most important spells in the 1-4 keys. So taunt, sunder, shield block, and revenge are the top 4. Most of my instant shouts and rage generate spell are in the top right of the screen

« Reply #917 on: October 08, 2007, 07:14:12 PM »
I put my most important spells in the 1-4 keys. So taunt, sunder, shield block, and revenge are the top 4. Most of my instant shouts and rage generate spell are in the top right of the screen

Do you still use the keyboard to turn?  When I would play, I reset all of my keys so that ASDX were strafe left, move forward, strafe right, move backward respectively. QWERTYFGZCVB were all bound to offensive or CC abilities, trinkets, bandages, and pots.  1-6 I usually left as defensive abilities, and then I used Shift+ and Ctrl+ variations of each bind for even more abilities.

Once you pick up mouse turning, the game becomes a little different imho.  It ends up becoming gear vs. gear/reaction time vs. reaction time.
haa

Synbios459

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #918 on: October 08, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »

I'm going to save and post this screen for whenever you talk of girl difficultys:)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:27:46 AM by Synbios459 »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #919 on: October 09, 2007, 04:19:56 AM »
Clearly I need to use macros. These sound awesome
Mouseover sunder: cc breaking early? - this macro will sunder the mob your mouse pointer is over without losing your current target (the mob must still be in melee range, of course). It also checks if the target is actually hostile and alive before doing this.

#show Sunder Armor
      /cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead] [] Sunder Armor
#show Sunder Armor
/cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead] Sunder Armor

This macro will sunder the mob your mouse pointer is over without losing your current target (the mob must still be in melee range, of course). It also checks if the target is actually hostile and alive before doing this. Theoretically, since Sunder Armor does not do any damage, it should even be possible with this macro to sunder a sheeped or shackled mob without breaking sheep or shackle, though I haven't tried this yet.

The same macro can of course be used with other instant abilities (Revenge, Shield Bash, Shield Slam, Concussion Blow, Disarm) by simply replacing Sunder Armor in the macro text with a different ability. Note that Concussion Blow does not generate any threat, but may still be useful for damage mitigation purposes

Tab sunder: seamlessly tab to the nearest target, sunder them and switch back to your current target – you won't even see the switch but they'll be sundered... ;)

/targetenemy
      /cast Sunder Armor
      /targetlasttarget
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html;jsessionid=4A14E9CC1B9C35E18F212180948E03FD?topicId=55820235&sid=1

That first one sounds awesome.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:53:16 AM by Phoenix Dark »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #920 on: October 09, 2007, 04:48:33 AM »
The only I've used was one for stance dancing lol. Damn I feel pretty nooby, even moreso than usual. This would have really helped me earlier. I'll make sure to do implement this tomorrow in instances

I signed on right quick to check out the sundering macro. I pulled a couple mobs in hellfire pen and it worked nicely.

Candyflip

« Reply #921 on: October 09, 2007, 05:05:26 AM »
I used macros to play dressup only. It was fun. Lol. :-[

It was cool. I'm very stylish like that. I did this the first time in a different MMORPG I played before WoW was out, called Lineage 2. I was walking around with my brandished sword and shield and heavy armor and I was like "WTF is this shit. Real warriors don't constantly walk around in their gear like this". So I bought some awesome mage armor. The game is a shit standard Korean grindfest game but the designs of some of the mage armors completely floor me. So I was extremely stylish like that, as a warrior, walkin' around in some decent fucking clothes like a PIMP. I simply caried this over tradition to World of Warcraft. I gotta say in Lineage 2 it was easier to switch around equipment, but in World of Warcraft it was possible too, using macros that I had to make myself.

Totally worth it. It's really fun.
Sorry to break it to you, but there was no reason to make all those macros :(
http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/1482/
Makes life so much easier for a variety of classes, most notably warriors. And people who like to walk around naked sometimes.

Also PD, you should take a look at some of these macros: http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros/Warrior

I think I'm going to keep my account and start leveling up my Warrior. I actually had a real life friend who's an officer in my guild tell everyone I got hit by a car so I could get out of raiding without having everyone pissed at me for transferring, taking T5 and other SSC/TK gear and then quitting. They're trying Kael'thas now, but I have a hard time giving a shit about progression when there's already another expansion on the horizon. It feels pointless ::)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:11:09 AM by Candyflip »
ffs

Synbios459

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #922 on: October 09, 2007, 05:12:06 AM »
So what are the must-have mods?

Candyflip

« Reply #923 on: October 09, 2007, 05:24:48 AM »
Depends on what you're doing and what you're playing. I really don't use much more than I have to, and as a Hunter I don't need much. Some people are really anal about their mods too. The more popular are Auctioneer, SWStats, BigWigs (or DeadlyBossMods if you like buggy bars), Omen Threat Meter, Item Rack, Atlas Loot, Natur EnemyCastBar, Gatherer, SuperInspect, CT_RaidAssist (I guess),and Cartographer. Then there's still plenty more to fit in for whatever class you're playing. Curse-Gaming is probably one of the better sources for most mods.

Makes life so much easier for a variety of classes, most notably warriors. And people who like to walk around naked sometimes.

Doesn't matter, I quit WoW. Shit probably didn't even existed when I was still playin'. BITCH.
Oh. Reading comprehension ftw.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:34:44 AM by Candyflip »
ffs

Synbios459

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #924 on: October 09, 2007, 05:37:59 AM »
Depends on what you're doing and what you're playing. I really don't use much more than I have to, and as a Hunter I don't need much. Some people are really anal about their mods too. The more popular are Auctioneer, SWStats, BigWigs (or DeadlyBossMods if you like buggy bars), Omen Threat Meter, Item Rack, Atlas Loot, Natur EnemyCastBar, Gatherer, SuperInspect, CT_RaidAssist (I guess),and Cartographer. Then there's still plenty more to fit in for whatever class you're playing. Curse-Gaming is probably one of the better sources for most mods.

Doesn't matter, I quit WoW. Shit probably didn't even existed when I was still playin'. BITCH.
Oh. Reading comprehension ftw.
Well right now I'm just a lvl 12 Paladin. Mainly anything that'll help with making finding areas/quests easier.

Candyflip

« Reply #925 on: October 09, 2007, 05:40:14 AM »
Oh. Well, Cartographer and MapCoords are good for that. Oh, and www.thottbot.com is your friend for questing too.
ffs

cubicle47b

« Reply #926 on: October 09, 2007, 11:45:53 AM »
I'm going to save and post this screen for whenever you talk of girl difficultys:)

Good luck with that.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #927 on: October 09, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »
 :lol

I've got exams on the 11th so my gaming will be limited for a bit

Thanks for the link Mute  :bow
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 11:58:48 AM by Phoenix Dark »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #928 on: October 09, 2007, 01:22:08 PM »
Almost 49 booyah.

Also macros are for scrubs :p
o_0

Synbios459

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #929 on: October 09, 2007, 02:32:18 PM »
Hey thanks. One other thing, is there anyway to make the text pop-up instantly? Like when I'm talking to someone I don't have to wait for it to slowly scroll before I can accept a quest?

MrAngryFace

« Reply #930 on: October 09, 2007, 02:40:56 PM »
Yes, its in the interface/advanced options iirc.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #931 on: October 09, 2007, 09:38:09 PM »
I did the blood furnace earlier, or at least as much as possible. It's hard to progress when you're dumbass lv59 mage doesn't know what poly is. THE DIRECTIONS ARE SIMPLE

Group Leader: ok attack skull, pet tanks x, poly star
Goinio, the healer, the hunter: sounds good
*mage doesn't do anything*
Group Leader: poly the star plz
Mage: what's poly lol?
Goinio: ...
Hunter: sheep?
Mage: Ohhhh ok
*mage poly's the skull*
Mage: which one do I poly again?

>:(

My sunder macro worked perfectly, and I kept arrgo pretty nicely - that is, except for when the mage poly'd the wrong mob and ran out of mana - at which point he'd run around like a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow. I also used a macro which allowed me to use Revenge on one mob while I attacked the main mob target. Very useful. Despite the mage we got all the way to a boss chamber. This long sequence was unbeatable due to our levels: 3-4 lv62 orcs would come out of jails in the wall, and then after we beat them another group would come out. We took out like 3 groups but couldn't finish them all. Oh well. I'll go back with all lv60 or higher next time

etiolate

« Reply #932 on: October 12, 2007, 08:51:24 AM »
:lol :lol Oh dear merciful gawd

http://www.dailygaming.net/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=263

The ESRB rating on some World of Warcraft servers is about to change during gameplay in a big way. Blizzard announced that they will be releasing several new ERP “Erotic Roleplay” and ERP-PvP “Erotic Roleplaying Player Versus Player” realms that cater to the adult audience in World of Warcraft that’s more comfortable carrying on their sex life in a virtual world than in the real world.

Several old realms will be converted to the new ruleset to test the waters before new servers are opened. Ravenholdt, the server at the center of the ERP debate, will be the first to operate under the new ruleset. Blizzard stated in a blue post that they felt it would be better to try this new ruleset on a server that already has a large existing ERP population. They also hope that the new rules will attract more people to the server, which until now has been suffering from a low population made up mostly of horny blood elves.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #933 on: October 12, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
49 woo

Also got this for 40 gold

http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=3075
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:14:08 AM by Cocky Funny »
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #934 on: October 12, 2007, 01:54:59 PM »
I agree, that can't be real.  How you go from temp bans for swearing in general to this, I don't know.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #935 on: October 12, 2007, 01:59:40 PM »
While TECHNICALLY about 3:1 Alliance:Horde ratio, it looks like we're getting back to 2:1 on Muradin. Huzzah.

I say technically cause I know half of the horde are Alliance alts :(

Also its depressing to see the level distribution on this server, no wonder its so hard to find a group.

and wow, looks like there's a server where Horde rules

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=26&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=70&servertypeid=1
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 02:03:36 PM by Cocky Funny »
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #936 on: October 12, 2007, 02:15:12 PM »
Mal'Ganis is home to Gurgthock / Elitist Jerks.  It's the server Something Awful picked at launch.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #937 on: October 12, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »
Well that explains that lol
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #938 on: October 12, 2007, 06:40:07 PM »
That can't be real. :o

It is not, just a wink and a nudge at what Ravenholdt has become.  People care more how you flirt in chat than how well you play on this server.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #939 on: October 12, 2007, 07:10:34 PM »
WTF Ravenholdt 

I might have to move Goinio to another server. This can't be lifee :lol

MrAngryFace

« Reply #940 on: October 12, 2007, 09:29:41 PM »
Wow, got the Robes of Insight for 50 gold and Eye of Flame for 40 gold today. Godbless the broken econ of Muradin and the hunters who dont buy purple casting gear :D
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #941 on: October 15, 2007, 01:28:31 PM »
Due to my ongoing computer problems I'll be off WoW for some time; it's a driver issue or something, so no games work outside of StarCraft (surprisingly). A technician should be out late next week hopefully.

I hope you guys haven't faarr surpassed Azelion. It's been hard to concentrate on him due to me becoming obsessed with the Outlands, but once I get back I'll speed him through some instances. Should be awesome

MrAngryFace

« Reply #942 on: October 15, 2007, 02:07:09 PM »
I hit 50, TF2 is taking up my time! Ill be gaining rest xp then hitting WoW again next week!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Muradin&n=Vynitha
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #943 on: October 15, 2007, 04:34:51 PM »
My lock is level 22 but I haven't played in a week.  I played through Warcraft III last week (for some reason) then played FFT, Portal, and Half-life 2 last weekend.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #944 on: October 15, 2007, 04:44:58 PM »
I should be able to get there without much trouble, once this damn computer is fixed. I bet it's not even a graphics card issue  :'(

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #945 on: October 27, 2007, 07:44:54 PM »

Good percentage? Healer had the least damage taken  :heart

That was right before we took on the last boss. We finished the instance with little trouble actually. The only thing that made up wipe was the first big boss fight, where cages of orcs are released one after another.

etiolate

« Reply #946 on: October 27, 2007, 08:53:49 PM »
I was using a raid mod for healing that highlighted who was taking damage, who had threat and worked really well.  I forget the name though!

Ah it looks like this:

I use the basic spell bar because I am just use to it and moving the buttons would mess me up.  Plus Tree healing only has three spells.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:58:30 PM by etiolate »

« Reply #947 on: October 27, 2007, 09:10:20 PM »
I was using a raid mod for healing that highlighted who was taking damage, who had threat and worked really well.  I forget the name though!

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/4204/

KLHThreatMeter

That one brings back memories of wasting life in Molten Core :-\  It was a handy addon for raiders or anyone interested in party stats.  Its only downside was that it was not entirely accurate all the time, but I think that was changed when Blizzard upgraded their interface to have certain hidden communication channels specifically for such addons; everyone grouped up was in sync with each other every time they grouped.
haa

cubicle47b

« Reply #948 on: October 27, 2007, 10:09:13 PM »
Void Reaver is a fun fight.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #949 on: October 28, 2007, 12:17:32 PM »
Almmost level 52.Gonna try to get a ZF group again today :p

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Muradin&n=Vynitha

I need more stam, sigh
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #950 on: October 28, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Goinio
 :bow

I got a better cloak and I'm waiting to get a +120 armor enchant. I'M RICH WITH 613 GOLDS

Prost

« Reply #951 on: October 29, 2007, 10:57:50 AM »
its sad ive been playing some lately and split tapping is still the way to go.

im so disappointed though.... grinding is not nearly as effective as questing now.  a person can pull a level in under 2 hours in their thirties.   

BGs are hella fun, and we alllways win as the horde side, but it gets repetitive.

i just want to be 70 with 'ok' gear and help out lower levels with little tricks, lol
:-þ

MrAngryFace

« Reply #952 on: October 29, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »
Yeah grinding sucks a load these days, even with rest EXP, at the higher levels its more of a chore than it used to be. Up until say 48 or so its very easy to solo quest everything, but from that point on a good 50% of it is group questing and on a server with a really bad horde pop, well...getting a group together for even ZF requires sometimes entire weeks of sitting in lfg screaming at the top of your lungs.

I actually ran some players through RFC with my mage cause I was fuckin bored and I felt sorry for them. Also id like to add the choice of level 50+ mage equip in AH sucks. If you dont have the money for blues or purples youre screwed. Thankfully I did, but I really dont have the patience to do the trade skills for money. I like playing at most 4-5 hours a week.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #953 on: October 29, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »
Making questing a better way of leveling is a good thing, at least when the quest objectives are slightly interesting.  The new starting areas + the Outlands are extremely well done.  It's just levels 20-60 that need to be revamped and with the changes coming in 2.3 they shouldn't be too bad.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #954 on: October 29, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »
Well some of the older areas, like the hinterlands, are kinda screwed up. There are a handful of 'yellow to a 48 ish' mage quests over there that could never be accomplished solo. This quest isnt even marked group. AH yes its that lards lunch or whatever quest. Yeah even on green only a frost specc mage could handle 3 [edit] TROLLS that appear right next to them. Fire speccs depend on prep, and if I dont get that im a sad camper.

Im fine with quests, thats how I level so fast with a small amount of play time, but the level 50+ quests are a whole lot of group bullshit. Im not above groups, but there are literally no people to group with on my server. We're almost 3/1 alliance/horde ratio. :(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:33:59 AM by Weighted Companion Cube »
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #955 on: October 29, 2007, 11:49:55 AM »
I waited until 51-52 to do the eastern hinterlands quests, I think.  I agree, the 50's suck.  2.3 can't get here fast enough.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #956 on: October 29, 2007, 11:58:14 AM »
2.3 is murdering mages a bit so I can wait :(
o_0

Prost

« Reply #957 on: October 29, 2007, 02:28:43 PM »
at this point i'd rather just let someone else level, and then get split tapped.

i'm not down for leveling that much anymore, i've already made so many fucking 60s it's not even funny.  and now that the grind is bullshit, im upset, because i didnt want to run all over zones leveling, i just wanted to sit somewhere, get a level, and leave... but now that that's not efficient and i have thta knowledge... it sucks!

i'll have some level 50 kill level 43 elites for my 39 priest, lol.  i bet i get like 500 a kill, hahah.
:-þ

MrAngryFace

« Reply #958 on: October 29, 2007, 02:31:17 PM »
Mages are getting nerf murder patch 2.3.

Blizzard decided to balance for Arena and forget about everything else.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #959 on: October 29, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »
cub what level are you? And does Drinky still play? Once my computer is fixed I'll speed lv up to you.

Leveling isn't hard for me actually. I hate grinding so instead I just do instances over and over again. Back when I was doing ZF it was pretty easy to get a group, and luckily I had good word-of-mouth in terms of my tanking. But now it takes FOREVER to find a group for a non-outlands instance. I do hellfire ramparts or BF at least once whenever I'm playing Goinio, and groups are easy to find. But fuck, when I look for a Scholo or Strat group there's no one in sight.

I'm kinda dreading getting Azelion to that level because I know it'll be hard to find groups for SM/ZF/etc. SM is still one of my absolute fav instances