Author Topic: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW  (Read 190899 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Re: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« Reply #1020 on: December 15, 2007, 11:48:25 AM »
was up till 1am killing every alliance in sight but I finally got the robe. The hood I think is the only other 13700 honor cost piece of equipment, the rest are only 8400 honor. The dagger and the book are 13700 each so im in it for the long haul. Once I get all of it im back to leveling up till 69, then I start pvpin again to save up for Arena Season 1 gear.

o_0

Candyflip

« Reply #1021 on: December 16, 2007, 06:55:47 AM »
MAF, I did pretty much the same thing as you. After I ebayed my hunter I went and farmed the hell out of AV on my rogue in preperation for Season 3. In less than 3 weeks I completely upgraded my gear from a random assortment of 60 HWL stuff and blues/greens from quests to full Gladiator/Vindicator's. 10.6k hp and 420 resilience was never so easily reached. http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Optimopeach

Seeing 60 HWL gear on alts still makes me sad though. I can't believe less than 2 years ago I spent an entire summer obtaining that gear only to have Blizzard announce that it would be rewarded via honor not even 4 months later.

2.3.2's rogue changes are extremely disappointing. Apparently Blizzard feels Rogues should not be have a definitive PVP spec like every other class in arena. Yeah, a buffed Shadowstep will definitely make up for those nerfs  ::)

Basically when Blizzard originally buffed Hemorrhage a month or two ago with 2.3 practically every rogue respecced to some variation of an AR/Preperation build. Omgawd! Rogues were actually valuable in all 3 tiers of arena! Then, one month later Blizzard nerfs Hemorrhage, nerfs AR/Prep, and to make up for it "buffs" Shadowstep, Ambush, and Backstab.

Now rogues have the option of either toughing it out and staying AR/Prep despite it being downgraded or going back to combat or possibly mutilate. Granted, you'll see plenty of rogues claiming LOLstep is godly after they see OMG BIG NUMBERS BACKSTAB CRIT WOO (AND OMG U CAN LYKE TELEPORT THATZ SO KEWL!), but in reality it lacks any real sustained damage output in arenas in comparison to the original AR/Prep (with cooldowns mind you) or even deep combat.

It seems like they're trying to force all rogues into 41pt specs instead of hybrid specs. No clue why. Maybe they should take a look at every warrior that's specced 33/28 for arena. I'll probably end up going 11/43/7 next patch.

/rant (Few of you probably completely understand what I'm babbling about but I really needed to get this all out of my head somewhere and the WoW forums are filled with driveling morons, generally because any complaint no matter how constructive or sensible is met with 3 pages of replies of "qq cigarillo rogues are overpowered lolz")

Oh, and I have to say that playing a well-geared PVE warrior in PVP is ridiculously fun. http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Fumblenoob
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 07:31:39 AM by Candyflip »
ffs

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1022 on: December 16, 2007, 12:29:52 PM »
Every rogue specc works in PVP tho, and Rogues do very well. Be a mage where Fire Spec in PVP is only effective when suicidal and Ice Spec while the best still doesnt help deal with the warlocks, hunters, rogues, resto druids...the list is long. I hear Deep Frost is good but the only way to dps in frost is to spam ice lance like a stupid mad fool. But then instead of fixing the other two mage trees they are gutting a TOP TIER spell from the Mage Ice tree (Ice Block) and giving it to every mage in an upcoming patch..and jesus christ dont get me started on the detect magic bullshit. Oh we cant figure out what mages are supposed to do with this spell even tho WE COULD HAVE ASKED THEM so we're going to give detect magic to everyone including rogues and warriors, go the fuck figure.

Mages are actually pretty borked right now as warlocks out dps them at range which was never how it was SUPPOSED TO BE. In fact blizzard went so far as to change the official Mage descript on the website to make us sound MORE like vending machine utility class which makes me AM CRY TOTAL.

The good news is most players in PVP suck, so even a fire spec mage like myself can dish out hurt and leave them wondering wtf went wrong.

On your points, I did notice back in the day on my rogue that subtlety = better kill em in the first few seconds and combat = warrior lite. Assassination always seemed like the 'Discipline' tree of the rogues. Never good deep but a great suppliment to Combat or Subtlety.
o_0

Candyflip

« Reply #1023 on: December 16, 2007, 06:49:04 PM »
Eh. The problem is that ambush and backstab are negated by anyone with a decent amount of resilience, and especially now that everyone is running around in full Season 1 gear. That, and now Blizzard is making it relaint on us Shadowstepping for damage. Hemo next patch without AR up (a 5 minute cooldown that lasts for a whopping 30 seconds) does about as much damage as Shadowstep daggers, if not less. Before it was fine that AR/Prep was entirely cooldown dependant as Preperation fixed everything, but with Blizzard constantly removing certain spells that are affected by it, it's becoming more and more useless.

People say "but removing 1 cooldown from being affected by Prep won't change anything! it's just 1 spell rite lol?" However in arena it generally goes something like this. Keep one target CCd, blow your cooldowns and attempt to burst down the other; someone either vanishes, throws up a bubble, runs away in travel form, ice blocks, or chain fear/death coil. It's never the first AR that kills them.

S3 weapons, 1850AP

2.3.2 Damage Per 60 Energy (SS/Hemo extrapolated into 60 energy, base crit not considered):

41 Combat Sinister Strike: 1194
30 Sub Hemo (With Debuff) 1175
41 Sub Hemo (With Debuff): 1275
41 Sub Backstab: 1519 (1368 against 400 resilience as +30% crit chance is heavily penalized by -20% damage from 400 resilience)
Opportunity Mutilate (poisoned): 1470
DW Mutilate (poisoned): 1455

Shadowstep dagger is a lot of fun to play, the numbers are jaw dropping especially after you played AR/prep for so long. The problem? Your burst is going to rely on vanish -> shadowstep ambush. With premed->CS->EA, work into a full energy KS then vanish -> shadowstep ambush -> prep -> vanish -> shadowstep ambush again is massive damage. This is obviously a devastating combo for 1v1, but in arena? We all know how reliable vanish is (not!), and to make it worse, it is one of the few root breakers we have. A big part of AR/prep rogue's success is that we can do decent damage even if a mace warrior is all over us like Jared "Noktyn" Fogle over a box of donuts. Another big issue with shadowstep dagger is the hemo debuff itself is equivalent of 200AP for every physical DPS on your team, keeping this debuff up while having enough energy to backstab is almost impossible.

Also, when looking at the numbers above, keep in mind that any combat rogue has Combat Potency and (hopefully) Ruthlessness which both restore an astounding amount of energy.

Frost is all about the shatter combo It's amazing how fast my undergeared 2v2 partner can burst down people doing this, and a frost mage's endless amount of CC and survivability can be utilized in arena like no other spec. But if you're not big on arena it doesn't really matter. I stopped calling battlegrounds PVP after cross realms.

I will agree that the majority of people I encounter in battlegrounds are awful though. It's funny how much it has changed since so many more people have started playing.

ffs

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1024 on: December 16, 2007, 07:02:46 PM »
I can see your point, especially considering the mage situation. Mages are no longer top DPS, and all the people in PVP focus on stam and res, so killing shit is so goddamn hard even with my extra damage and penetration gear. Im really wondering how deathknights will bork PvP
o_0

Candyflip

« Reply #1025 on: December 16, 2007, 07:05:37 PM »
Ugh. If the Burning Crusade is any indicator, The Frozen Throne will completely rework the entire game again. I'm getting tired of that pattern. I think if anything that will be the reason I can eventually quit for good. Oh well. I'm still having fun with it lol. World of Warcrack indeed.
ffs

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1026 on: December 16, 2007, 07:08:41 PM »
Im still having fun playing my own way, but Blizzard never fixes classes really.
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #1027 on: December 16, 2007, 11:53:51 PM »
wow pvp is just all sorts of bork.

Battlegrounds is rather random and unreliable, but it is at least more allowing of different builds. Arena is full of the same classes/builds and very gear dependent.

I never understood why they had so much trouble fixing/balancing classes when the classes play pretty alike and have similar types of damage. They overcompensate too often I guess. The community is very self centred, always wanting their current character's class to be more and more powerful, the devs indulge this too much and the game has this yo-yo wackiness to game balance.

Speaking of pvp nuttiness, I was playing my 47 Shaman in WSG, where as enhancement build, I normally dominate. Instead our team kept getting murdered by one player. It was some Arms Warrior weilding some insane 2h sword, with enhancement shaman buddies by his side. They'd drop windfury totem, it would trigger on the Warrior's weapon and take out 2.2k hp in a couple seconds. He was basically going around two hitting poor folks.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1028 on: December 17, 2007, 12:09:19 AM »
PVP has issues in WoW because blizzard listens to the Theorycraft people on the class specific forums.

I have mostly good games thanks to lots of practice, but the small moments where a warlock has me feared and smacked around by a felguard till I die is kinda unnerving
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1029 on: December 19, 2007, 02:09:44 AM »
I laugh at people who buy game toys, but I kinda want this
http://www.figureprints.com/

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1030 on: December 19, 2007, 02:42:12 AM »
Thats pretty neat, even if I wouldnt bother
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1031 on: January 15, 2008, 04:31:34 PM »
Bump +12 (hopefully this will remain the official WoW thread)

Alright the computer seems to be fixed (for now lol). The tech said it might have been a RAM issue, and possibly a PSU one. I'm going to head out and buy some more RAM and also start looking for a better PSU

After that I'll be able to sign on and work on Goinio and Azelion; what level are you Drinky? And Cubicle

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1032 on: January 16, 2008, 01:54:15 AM »
I forgot how much mithril I had, and was able to sell 60 bars for 42g. The server's economy has really picked up in my absence lol

And I got to lv62 in Zangarmarsh. Damn the quests are so tedious there.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1033 on: January 16, 2008, 02:13:19 AM »
Outland is so easy to level up in lol Ive got Rest XP all the way to  70 on my 69, probably going to hit 70 this weekend and start wearing some of my S1 gear
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #1034 on: January 16, 2008, 03:10:01 AM »
i am a mere 23
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1035 on: January 16, 2008, 03:11:06 AM »
yeah but you have a kid n shit and play like OTHER games once in a while :(

I AM doing pretty well in FF9 tho, to my credit
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1036 on: January 16, 2008, 03:12:51 AM »
Yeah I should have rest XP for many levels ha. I could be lv65 by the end of this holiday weekend lol.

Drinky: my character on your server is lv17, not too far away

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1037 on: January 16, 2008, 03:13:42 AM »
rest XP caps at like 2-3 levels worth I THINK
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1038 on: January 16, 2008, 05:16:30 PM »
Now that I have 1.4G of RAM I was able to do some battlegrounds. I suck at PvP but I was only doin' it for the honor. I held my own with a bunch of lv70s and got a crap ton of honor. :bow

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #1039 on: January 16, 2008, 05:51:40 PM »
For some reason, I'm carrying around 128 Linen Cloth and fucking 76 Copper Ore and another 23 or so Copper Bars. I have no use for any of that. The copper sells but that linen is gonna gather dust.
UK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1040 on: January 16, 2008, 07:30:32 PM »
Yup I've got a crap ton of iron ore. I want to wait until the market for it is like 10g; right now it's at 7g

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1041 on: January 17, 2008, 02:58:39 AM »
I figured I'd shake the rust off today and do an instance. I did ramparts in a 4 man group with a pretty chill lv70 mage - who happened to be 51 years old. Pretty damn badass - she was helping her kids through the instance and let a couple freeloaders tag along :bow

I got this this which I already had, and a blue 1 hand mace, which I put on AH for 60g. Can't find a link to it dammit

Oh, I bought the advanced riding training, and I'm about to get mah epic :bow

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1042 on: January 17, 2008, 03:37:39 AM »
I sold Axe of the Legion for like 150 gold.

PD: Earn 30 marks WSG,AB, and AV and you can ride the other stuff. You can also get an Alterac Ram with 60 AV marks iirc. PVP is the only REAL way to get the mounts for other races, as the reputation required to BUY an epic mount is much sadness. I currently have three epic mounts, but I wanna grab the other three for pvp.

I only have Swift Hawkstrider, Frostwolf Howler, and the Black War Raptor. I kept my old hawkstrider on the toolbar just cause lol. Plus you can get the Riders Crop to boost your mount speed by 10% and the mithril spurs to boost it a bit more ;)

Ill be 70 this weekend, then I can wear two pieces of my S1 pvp armor and start earning the rest of it and the war staff + gems and accessories. It'll be a while before its complete. Then ill be kinda 'finished' outfitting the character until S2 becomes available to normal PVPers.
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #1043 on: January 18, 2008, 07:47:29 AM »
Haha I bought PD's hammer and I want Axe of the Legion, too.  There isn't many Enhancement shaman weapons available in pre-70 outlands. There's just the creepjacker and then those two blue boe's. I might see if I can get the epic 60 pvp handaxe.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1044 on: January 18, 2008, 11:39:40 AM »
I was lucky Axe o Legion even dropped, it had like a 0.01% chance where I found it haha. I hit 70 last night, halfway to my third S1 piece, and its AV WEEKEND this weekend which means Honor comin out my nose omggggggggggg
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1045 on: January 18, 2008, 03:15:32 PM »
I did Ragefire Chasm with my alt yesterday. It was my first instance as a healer and I did well enough. The tanks kept me out of harm's way so I just sat back and healed.

And on Goinio I did the Slave Pens last night. We were able to get pretty far but around 4:15AM everyone was just too tired to go on. After we beat this gigantic crab boss we started running into elites that kept healing each other, and we couldn't beat them meh. I'm going to get to lv63 before going back there. More than half the group was lv62, so mobs of lv63 elites were tough.

Oh, and I downloaded a damage meter woot. It's hilarious how little damage I do  :lol

T234

« Reply #1046 on: January 18, 2008, 03:25:38 PM »
The only time I've ever done RFC is when a 70 dude in my guild took me through it. Holy shit at the loot compared with what I had at the time.
UK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1047 on: January 18, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »
I was lv17 so it was pretty easy. I want to do the dead mines. OMG I did it sooo many times when Goinio was around that level. :bow

T234

« Reply #1048 on: January 18, 2008, 03:40:08 PM »
I was at 13 and alone.

Where do you trigger the instance in alliance land PD?
UK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1049 on: January 18, 2008, 03:52:24 PM »
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Muradin&n=Vynitha

<3 my new staff, it will allow me to wait on the warstaff till I have all of S1 and some of the gladiator accessories
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1050 on: January 18, 2008, 08:17:44 PM »
I was at 13 and alone.

Where do you trigger the instance in alliance land PD?

My alt is horde. The instance is in the heart of the orc main city, so I doubt alliance characters can do it lol

T234

« Reply #1051 on: January 18, 2008, 09:16:58 PM »
Oh. I'm surprised we let you in the cool peoples club.
UK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1052 on: January 19, 2008, 02:45:05 AM »
I just did BF with this badass Paladin holy shit. He was group leader and told me from the beginning to pull out my 2-hand and start DPSing cuz he was going to tank. Then he proceeded to take like 50-60% of all damage. Granted BF is pretty damn easy except for that one continuous boss sequence, but this paladin was kicking ass while making me feel shitty. I didn't have a damage meter the last time I did BF but I know I wasn't taking 50% of all damage. He let me tank during boss battles, and I did great - but damn I want to run BF again as tank just to see if I can own it like that dude. Paladins have this spell where all their holy attacks' threat is increased by 60%. Damn

And I got this
http://thottbot.com/i24389
 :o

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1053 on: January 19, 2008, 03:00:16 AM »
AV WEEKEND

If you arent in AV u are missing out on OMG HONOR and PVP GEAR
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1054 on: January 19, 2008, 06:17:25 AM »
 :lol

I will do it later today. I want to get to lv65 by Tuesday tho

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1055 on: January 20, 2008, 06:25:02 AM »
MAF was right, I got 1200+ honor in AV basically by following a bunch of lv70s around ha. I was pretty useless in terms of melee so I just used hamstring to slow down people

But the REAL event of tonight was me re-doing my talents. I'm still prot, but I made it SO much better for tanking, following a build I saw.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Goinio

DEVASTATE OMG. I can't wait to use that in an instance. Due to that and the 1H weapon specialization talent (damage increased by 10%) I was speeding through quests/grinding. Finally grinding it actually interesting to me as I try to increase my DPS. I was getting 160-180 DPS at times, which is great for me - in  defensive stance haha.

:bow

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1056 on: January 20, 2008, 01:30:51 PM »
yup, make sure you take a look at available PVP gear, even some of the old first level epic stuff might have a few good pieces for you. Or you can just save up for the Season 1 stuff at 70. Since you dont do much PVP you might wanna just save up for Season 1. I got my third S1 piece last night, its awesome. Gonna AV while I watch movies today lulz.

Tanks actually do really WELL in AV but not until 69-70 when NPCs dont have the level advantage. Everyone loves a tank in AV, especially Alliance since they have Galv and Drek. You can kill Balinda on horde side with one DPS and a healer lol. Tho it takes forever and someone can make you wipe real easy.

Im thinking about going 17/41 instead of 10/48/3. I want improved counter spell :(
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1057 on: January 20, 2008, 05:01:42 PM »
Yup we killed Drek last night; luckily I had the quest. 318 honor for that

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1058 on: January 20, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »
AV is a lot of fun, its kinda broken right now in favor of Alliance, but oh well, ill just switch to AB when AV Weekend is over
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1059 on: January 20, 2008, 05:59:52 PM »
I'll try to get 2000 more honor later tonight

In the meantime, Zangarmarsh quests. I just got this:
http://thottbot.com/i31734
:bow

Many of the quests reward you with crap I can't use or repetitive items (like similar 2H weapons). But the XP is good, and I want to continue getting used to my new macros/keybinding scheme before taking on Slave Pens

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1060 on: January 20, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »
outland quest rewards are :-0 by and large, I might go back and finish some outland quests for gold

Got my robe today, gonna wait on the helm for a few days, not sure I can run many more AV trips before brains ooooze outta my ears. Plus I have a lot of movies to watch:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 06:42:30 PM by Phil Ken Sebben »
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #1061 on: January 20, 2008, 07:57:58 PM »
AV is a lot of fun, its kinda broken right now in favor of Alliance, but oh well, ill just switch to AB when AV Weekend is over

huh? how? The rule changes benefit Horde since turtling at DB does little now. If horde defends IB then Ally is fuxored.  I've been winning this weekend mostly due to bad horde play. If Ally gets snowfall then iceblood easily, then I know we'll win, but if the horde side is smart enough to use iceblood then its a slow death with no tower caps for me. I should have grinded AV on my lock or druid for another s1 armor, but I wanted the epic axe for my shaman.

And despite the fact that I have killer weapons and mean DPS, I keep getting stuck healing in Ramparts and Blood Furnace because there is nothing but retadins who can't heal or tank!

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1062 on: January 20, 2008, 08:28:29 PM »
IB isnt actually a choke point, you can bypass it pretty easy with a RH zerg, or with a RH ninja, either works well. I've bypassed IBGY plenty when we've lost it to alliance. Alliance argue that IBGY is a killer choke point, but its not the best Horde chokepoint, that award goes to the point between the two final horde towers at the keep. RH Defense drives alliance pretty batty.

The whole RH zerg thing has turned horde wins to like 30% on my battlegroup, its a nightmare, cause if we D RH we get accused of turtling and alliance threatens boycott. Add to that the design of the Horde keep is pretty ineffective if there isn't a D of 10 players in the keep as most of the NPCs can be bypassed. Its not like SPAS where the towers can hit you UP to the flag and the NPCs there rival raid bosses in HP. Plus balinda and vann got their hp buffed and that slows us down a lot now.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:30:05 PM by Phil Ken Sebben »
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1063 on: January 20, 2008, 11:49:14 PM »
Just finished BF with etoilet's sexy alt

:)

etiolate

« Reply #1064 on: January 21, 2008, 03:05:32 AM »
Yes, I named my Shaman after a porn star. I had 1200 double WF crits in that run and PD managed to not lose aggro much.

As for AV, IB is a better starting point than SH. You can do the RH ninja, but I've seen good horde defensive walls from IB to Galv, which cuts off that bypass. The thing is, SH is pretty easy to take so if you defend IB and make Ally rez and have SH, then they are way back at Stormpike and trapped inside their own fortress.  I did do a FW tower ninja last night for a win. It was rather close, like 46-47, capped a FW tower and held onto it.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1065 on: January 21, 2008, 03:25:42 AM »
Yea I remember inspecting your gear and thinking "oh shit he's going to take a lot of arrgo". You have two badass weapons heh

Only things about BF that are hard: the mobs that drop bombs and that second boss fight. The bombs SHOULD be easy, but people just step on them, die, and wonder why they got killed. Sigh. Then that second boss sequence is hard as balls, but we got through it without trouble. I was shocked my damage taken % increased during that. The last time I tanked that sequence I had problems. My new spec and keybinding have really helped
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 03:28:24 AM by Phoenix Dark »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1066 on: January 21, 2008, 03:42:47 AM »
RH rush is a major problem right now. Its not that you CANT defend against it, it's that Alliance screams Boycott the minute you start thinking about it because a D heavy RH game = LONG and Alliance loses their 70% chance of winning and its back to whether or not they can outplay Horde in a corner, and in most cases they cant because the entrance to the inner keep IS the best chokepoint on the map.

An interesting thread on the situation. AV weekend REALLY brought the issue to the front:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4032678737&sid=1&pageNo=1
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1067 on: January 23, 2008, 02:27:56 AM »
Got to lv64 earlier today, then did Underbog. We couldn't beat the last boss, but holy shit @ the stuff I snagged

http://thottbot.com/i24461

and

http://thottbot.com/i24456

:o

Now I need to get the proper gems in there. I want to really focus on stamina and defensive ratings with Goinio.

etiolate

« Reply #1068 on: January 23, 2008, 03:00:36 AM »
RH rush is a major problem right now. Its not that you CANT defend against it, it's that Alliance screams Boycott the minute you start thinking about it because a D heavy RH game = LONG and Alliance loses their 70% chance of winning and its back to whether or not they can outplay Horde in a corner, and in most cases they cant because the entrance to the inner keep IS the best chokepoint on the map.

An interesting thread on the situation. AV weekend REALLY brought the issue to the front:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4032678737&sid=1&pageNo=1

Eh it is just a zerg both ways now, who can kill the other boss first. I don't understand why Horde gave up on IBGY. I can't compare battlegroups because I can not account for player quality differences and population balances, but set up wise, IBGY should give Horde an advantage.  It was working till suddenly they stopped defending it and agreed to zerg both ways. These days its a rush to the other base, then someone starts up and as soon as one side hear's their cheif's battlecry they start in and its a burn down competition.

I would put an elite at Stonehearth and an elite in Frostwolf tower/gy area.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1069 on: January 23, 2008, 03:04:24 AM »
Horde cant win a footrace. We had a 50/50 chance before the bal/van HP buff, now its like a 30-35% chance in a pure Dual O situation. There's honestly too many elite NPCs next to SPAS. Go to FWRH and count how many elites you actually fight. Between using the hill by the outer keep wall to jump the wall, and the fact that horde inner keep towers only hit you part way to the FWRH where SP North/South bunkers can hit you almost the entire way up to the flag and the AS is literally surrounded with raid boss HP elites.

We can't win in a race, we have to stop too often to fight elite NPCs and Alliance mid/end boss got HP buffs. People bitch cause Balinda is easy, and yes, she is 'easy', but time spent > difficulty in a footrace situation. Vann's HP boost isnt as huge a deal because by end game we have everyone there ANYWAY, but I have lost more AVs this past weekend with Vann at 20% health to a Drek death than the entire last few months i've been in AV.

Its kinda silly how borked crap is. If Horde D's HEAVY, which gives a good chance of a win, Alliance Boycotts. Vengeance and a few other battlegroups are RARE in their 3 Minute queue time. Until recently most Alliance boycotted the other battlegroups. The new HP patch and the effective threat of a Boycott against the Stormpike D (aka the stupidly named "Scorched Earth" strategy) has left Horde in a really stupid position.

I dont BLAME Alliance for rushing RH, that's fine, but getting mad cause Horde wants to create a proper defense against the strat is the kind of crying that lead to the boycott that lead to the stupid HP buffs "hotfix". "Hotfix" is short for 'didnt really think about it but we tossed the ol pigskin around on a friday afternoon'
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 03:12:57 AM by Phil Ken Sebben »
o_0

etiolate

« Reply #1070 on: January 23, 2008, 03:52:14 AM »
The proper defense is defending IBGY, which brings up a map imbalance. Ally boycotted because they were getting little honor. Even when Ally wins, I still see Horde with hundreds of bonus honor. That is not what happens when Ally gets shut out at IB. Even in the fastest Ally recent win, SH bunker and Belinda or Icewing is taken for points. It can be a shutout if IB is defended by Horde.

And I have seen Horde win a footrace. Really, Horde were winning a high percentage on my server until they stopped defending Iceblood.  It is initially Blizzard's fault for instituting rule changes to AV without realizing how they hurt one side more than the other, and that one side was ally.  Before the rule changes, ally seemed to turtle a lot because it was their strength.  Turtle, cap backwards and push Horde back. This made long, long games so Blizzard changed things but it made the Ally chokepoint a death trap for ally, not being able to get out in a tower cap war. Now both sides zerg out of some unspoken agreement and it's about burndown speed.   On my server, the Horde I see are pretty well geared so it's not dominated by alliance. On my Warlock I think I went 0-2 in AVs, and on my druid 4-1. I mainly attribute the difference to my Druids gear being better and how much an effect healers have in AV. Overall though it was 4-3, which is better than it was the previous weeks but on par for what it was before the AV rule changes.

My problems with pvp are resil out the wazoo and mace stuns proc'ing all over the place.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #1071 on: January 23, 2008, 09:35:50 AM »
i did some heavy wow playing this weekend and did Sunken Temple and Zul Far twice (the first time i didn't have the Hunter specific quest queued up).

the first Temple run was amazingly good.  the second run was an absolute nightmare.  my cat was used to off tank and most of time was spent trying to keep our healer alive because he would heal when it wasn't nessecary and draw all aggro to him causing pure pain and lots of death because our tank couldn't listen to directions.

i'm in winterspring now and am currently the highest level i've reached playing wow since beta.  i always got bored in the 30s or 40s and would roll new characters

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Fantomas
Tonya

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1072 on: January 23, 2008, 12:44:19 PM »
blah blah IBGY WAH WAH is a load of crap, youre like every other alliance on the PVP forum. What battlegroup are you on anyway?
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1073 on: January 23, 2008, 01:13:24 PM »
Damn Zangarmarsh is so big, and there are sooo many goodies. I want to head to Nagrand soon (looks awesome) but I want a few more of the armor rewards given from Zangarmarsh quests

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1074 on: January 23, 2008, 01:55:12 PM »
I love Zang, but Nagrand is easily my favorite, its my permanent Hearth
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #1075 on: January 23, 2008, 02:42:38 PM »
I saw pics from the area earlier today and omg it reminds me of Arathi Highlands, which was my favorite zone for many levels. :bow

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1076 on: January 23, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »
i did some heavy wow playing this weekend and did Sunken Temple and Zul Far twice (the first time i didn't have the Hunter specific quest queued up).

the first Temple run was amazingly good.  the second run was an absolute nightmare.  my cat was used to off tank and most of time was spent trying to keep our healer alive because he would heal when it wasn't nessecary and draw all aggro to him causing pure pain and lots of death because our tank couldn't listen to directions.

i'm in winterspring now and am currently the highest level i've reached playing wow since beta.  i always got bored in the 30s or 40s and would roll new characters

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Fantomas

Sunken Temple has that annoying dragon right? I dont really run instances, I PVP 80% of the time. Just keep pressing on cause Outland areas are A LOT of fun and worth hitting 60 for.

o_0

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #1077 on: January 23, 2008, 03:47:14 PM »
i'm totally a pve guy though.  i like working with people instead of against them

edit: i'm trying to hit 60 before feb.  i don't really play that hardcore
Tonya

MrAngryFace

« Reply #1078 on: January 23, 2008, 03:54:13 PM »
You work with people in PVP too. No one wins battlegrounds alone, or most of the Arenas save 1v1, or World PVP, or even town raiding :)
o_0

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #1079 on: January 23, 2008, 03:57:08 PM »
i have never done battlegrounds or anything similar.

mostly because the people who talk about it a lot on gaf come across like elitist dicks
Tonya