Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3450238 times)

Re: New Random Talk Thread: Let the Bottom-Feeding Commence!
« Reply #26040 on: October 04, 2014, 12:30:16 AM »
Super is a really fuckin weird movie.  This dude went on to direct Guardians of the Galaxy?  Disney let him do that?

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #26041 on: October 04, 2014, 12:30:51 AM »
i kind of love my friday night/saturday morning shift.

i'm alone here in the office for 7 hours. basically nothing is ever going on. so i get to sit here and watch videos on the internet all night and leave before anything starts happening.
nat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #26042 on: October 04, 2014, 01:26:26 AM »
Super is a really fuckin weird movie.  This dude went on to direct Guardians of the Galaxy?  Disney let him do that?

It’s a great movie. It’s the movie Kick-Ass should have been.

Don’t see how it’s impossible for a director to change up their style to match the subject matter at hand.

« Reply #26043 on: October 04, 2014, 01:37:31 AM »

It’s a great movie. It’s the movie Kick-Ass should have been.

Don’t see how it’s impossible for a director to change up their style to match the subject matter at hand.

lol, I know.  Just my initial knee-jerk reaction.

Don't know if I liked or didn't like the movie, but I'm definitely still thinking about it, which is more than I can say for a lot of movies.

ZephyrFate

« Reply #26044 on: October 04, 2014, 02:43:45 AM »
just got iPhone 6 plus. it's so big (that's what he said)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26045 on: October 04, 2014, 03:10:15 AM »
Finally finished the first draft of this damned book! Now I can enjoy the weekend in peace.
Then start the second draft on monday.
que

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #26046 on: October 04, 2014, 12:02:18 PM »
Green Shinobi where you at breh. :hitler

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26047 on: October 04, 2014, 12:31:50 PM »
E) Dwight is a capitalist pig
que

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26048 on: October 04, 2014, 12:35:19 PM »
*pigdog

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #26049 on: October 04, 2014, 02:46:23 PM »
Gonna shank this test today. :shaq2

Note to self, don't schedule tests for Saturdays, only Mondays.

« Reply #26050 on: October 04, 2014, 06:32:03 PM »
lol, I got wrecked breaking up a fight between my dog and my roommates' friends dog. So I get to look like this for a few months. Need to integrate it into my Halloween look now

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26051 on: October 04, 2014, 06:39:39 PM »
Broseph, how did you try to break it up? How big are they? My pit bull and labradane used to get into some nasty fights. I learned through classes that you pick the smallest one off the ground completely if you can or at least get the hind legs of one off the ground. Thats always worked for me.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #26052 on: October 04, 2014, 06:48:33 PM »
I thought you were black, pickles

and my titties are sweating :mjcry:
reckt

« Reply #26053 on: October 04, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
Broseph, how did you try to break it up? How big are they? My pit bull and labradane used to get into some nasty fights. I learned through classes that you pick the smallest one off the ground completely if you can or at least get the hind legs of one off the ground. Thats always worked for me.

It was a pretty dumb situation, I separated them at the chest (stupid) and picked my dog (only like 25 lbs.) up but was the first person to get there. Other dog kept coming which is how I got caught on the leg/foot. tbh if I'd acted how you're trained and picked her hind legs up to pull her back I probably would've been fine. Just lost that information in the moment. Important thing is both dogs were fine. I would've come out better but my dog caught a lot of tendon in my wrist

half Hawaiian bruv

Beezy

« Reply #26054 on: October 04, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »
Throwing water on em doesn't work? I've never owned a dog but that's what I've seen people do when I was younger.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26055 on: October 04, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »
Throwing water on em doesn't work? I've never owned a dog but that's what I've seen people do when I was younger.

Just made my dogs wet. Didn't do shit.

It was a pretty dumb situation, I separated them at the chest (stupid) and picked my dog (only like 25 lbs.) up but was the first person to get there. Other dog kept coming which is how I got caught on the leg/foot. tbh if I'd acted how you're trained and picked her hind legs up to pull her back I probably would've been fine. Just lost that information in the moment. Important thing is both dogs were fine. I would've come out better but my dog caught a lot of tendon in my wrist

half Hawaiian bruv
That sucks man. At least your dog is okay though.

Kara

« Reply #26056 on: October 04, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »
I think the commune traded one of us for a Japanese national and a Bichon Frise. :uguu

I wonder what they'd get for me, a Moldavian national and a Saluki? :larry

RE: my tax exam.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26057 on: October 04, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
 Bichons are great.  Don't know about the Japanese though.  Watch your strawberries; they are well know strawberry thieves.   

Kara

« Reply #26058 on: October 04, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »
They're eating some strawberry candy that was already mailed to them somehow, I think I'll be good. :whew

I mean it's not like I even buy food, let alone fresh fruit. :neogaf

This situation does explain why the comrade traded for a Japanese national to be named later was loudly listening to insufferably saccharine J-pop with their door open all last week. :ohhh

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26059 on: October 04, 2014, 07:55:57 PM »
Also I bet you guys only let him join the commune so that he can be your puppet-leader in the Japanese Red Army.  Reds always have ulterior motives. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26060 on: October 05, 2014, 09:29:14 AM »
Does your sister like motorcycles?

Kara

« Reply #26061 on: October 05, 2014, 10:31:45 AM »
So my sister's been reading the arab version of Yahoo for teh lulz, and she came across an article called "A secret word is being used in American college campuses to have sex".  Guess what the secret word is:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Consent :rofl
[close]

Sexual assault statistics on campuses (the ones that come out) would indicate otherwise. :goty2

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26062 on: October 05, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »
Calm down Mupepe, she's already yours. I've made the arrangements.
Yessssssssss   you will have 120,000 SAR's wired to your account shortly

Kara

« Reply #26063 on: October 05, 2014, 04:54:13 PM »
I don't keep up on my SAR exchange rates but that feels a little unappreciative--possibly insulting--from what I do remember. Could barely buy a low end 3 series for that.

----------------------

While I'm disinclined to believe in the fantastical (analyses of the Blossom multiverse aside), a client of mine just said that they bet I'm really excited about things after passing my last exam. The last time they said that what I was excited for was snatched away from me shortly thereafter. I should probably go put in an application at my local Kroger now... I'd finally be able to join a Party since I'd have a union to infiltrate at last. :rejoice

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26064 on: October 05, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »
I don't keep up on my SAR exchange rates but that feels a little unappreciative--possibly insulting--from what I do remember. Could barely buy a low end 3 series for that.

----------------------

If she amortized that amount over the life of the asset I bet she would feel even more insulted.

Kara

« Reply #26065 on: October 05, 2014, 09:03:09 PM »
You can't amortize tangible assets. :wag

nudemacusers

« Reply #26066 on: October 05, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »
no but you can amortize the cost of the 95 Chrysler impala that will contain her body when things go south.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #26067 on: October 05, 2014, 09:09:38 PM »
Calm down Mupepe, she's already yours. I've made the arrangements.

:tocry

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26068 on: October 05, 2014, 09:22:28 PM »
What makes a moist penis deposit anymore tangible than fences or concrete slabs? You're too soft for an asset accountant

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26069 on: October 05, 2014, 09:25:48 PM »
Wait no, she would depreciate. Dont mind me. I'm dumb

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26070 on: October 06, 2014, 01:10:46 AM »
Man, all these wildfires are really doing a number of my wife's asthma.  :-\
que

Kara

« Reply #26071 on: October 06, 2014, 01:36:39 AM »

I remember being horrified by this realization when I was studying farm (tax) accounting.

A stud is literally a fucking machine (fixed asset) for tax purposes. :stahp

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #26072 on: October 06, 2014, 08:26:49 AM »

I remember being horrified by this realization when I was studying farm (tax) accounting.

A stud is literally a fucking machine (fixed asset) for tax purposes. :stahp
a good portion of my job is identifying and calculating the depreciation schedule for these assets :(

Kara

« Reply #26073 on: October 06, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »
:fbm

On my last exam there were a couple of times I had to sit back and ask myself if the owner(s) were using the animal like a thing, or merely selling them like a thing to determine the correct answer. (i.e. Inventory versus fixed assets.) :stahp

It's almost enough to make me a vegetarian. Good thing Taco Bell has meatless options. :whew

On a related note, I have to wonder if there was ever formal asset accounting in Antebellum America. I hope I don't have to be more explicit than that... the whole idea is really revolting.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26074 on: October 06, 2014, 12:02:47 PM »

On a related note, I have to wonder if there was ever formal asset accounting in Antebellum America. I hope I don't have to be more explicit than that... the whole idea is really revolting.
so many inappropriate jokes are running through my mind right now

Kara

« Reply #26075 on: October 06, 2014, 05:13:51 PM »
Ty Nant is p. good.

Expensive, which I can't really complain about when I paid $30 for 100 mL of a liquor when I bought a bottle of it today, but good.

On a related note, don't wish someone happy drinking when they're buying liquor at 13:00 on a workday. We both know that's not evidence of happy drinking. :bolo

El Babua

« Reply #26076 on: October 07, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
Went to a St.Vincent concert last night. Damn good show, except the opening act, who we were clowning on.

Annie's even more dreamy live up close.   :heartbeat

nudemacusers

« Reply #26077 on: October 07, 2014, 12:41:49 PM »
it's unfortunate that the idea of net present value and capm wasn't around then.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26078 on: October 07, 2014, 01:24:13 PM »
Hey guys,
Guess what? if you're a consultant and you don't actually bill hours and we invoice the customer you can't come back and say "Hey! Wait, I never billed for my hours."
Dumbass.

:snoop
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26079 on: October 07, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »
Monopoly is at McDonald's, I get the dollar coffees there sometimes and I can keep winning free food :stahp

Gonna get so fat :stahp

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #26080 on: October 07, 2014, 03:47:55 PM »
that fucking burrito I just ate :lawd
reckt

Kara

« Reply #26081 on: October 07, 2014, 04:44:31 PM »
The other members of the commune have this custom of leaving their shoes outside their doors. It's kind of silly (in a visual sense), but I never paid much attention to it... until I was cleaning up my room this morning and noticed how much fucking dirt gets tracked in from the common spaces. :stahp

My comrades definitely live up to the stereotype of far-left people being layabouts. Where's the pride of tenantship? If the vanguard party expropriated our abode from our absentee landlord tomorrow, would we be able to look the apparatchiks that came by to evaluate the premise's ability to hold more people in the face? Or would we have to hang our heads in shame that we respected ourselves so little that no one can take a fucking mop to the hard flooring once a week? :ussrcry

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26082 on: October 07, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »
Only dirty capitalists even wear shoes inside since they can just have their latino maids clean up their tracked in filth.  I'm starting to suspect your commune of talking the talk but not walking the shoeless walk. 

Kara

« Reply #26083 on: October 07, 2014, 05:04:41 PM »
I never thought of my preference for leaving my shoes at the (front) door like that. :ohhh

e: I should add that I've taken out all the common area garbage the past ~3 weeks or so. The usual solution to the kitchen trash being full is to just leave the window it's next to open. For the bathroom it's just to let it overflow.

Be 30+ going on 19 brehs. :neogaf
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:13:39 PM by Vularai »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26084 on: October 07, 2014, 05:14:50 PM »
I can't fathom wearing shoes in a house. When I was little sometimes we'd go to a family member's house who allowed shoes, and the carpet would be horrible. In those cases my mom would make us leave our shoes on so our socks didn't get dirty.

mom looking out for a nicca :lawd

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26085 on: October 07, 2014, 05:27:30 PM »
I never thought of my preference for leaving my shoes at the (front) door like that. :ohhh

e: I should add that I've taken out all the common area garbage the past ~3 weeks or so. The usual solution to the kitchen trash being full is to just leave the window it's next to open. For the bathroom it's just to let it overflow.

Just think of your apartment as the last remaining USSR satellite state.  You are the happily liberated proletarian and they are the Central Committee.  I think you could pitch this as a Big Bang replacement. 

« Reply #26086 on: October 07, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »

Just think of your apartment as the last remaining USSR satellite state.  You are the happily liberated proletarian and they are the Central Committee.  I think you could pitch this as a Big Bang replacement.

Quaker

« Reply #26087 on: October 07, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
Went to a St.Vincent concert last night. Damn good show, except the opening act, who we were clowning on.

I saw her accidentally when I got tickets to see David Byrne a few years ago after writing her off as Pitchfork hipster wank like Bon Iver or Animal Collective. Her earnestness won me over and a lot of her songs were surprisingly accessible. Saw her again in March when her new album came out and it was incredible. She actually gives a fuck about the performance and gets way into it...only comparison I can make is kind of like how Jack White will get into it when he starts shredding. Plus she's adorable and the tickets were pretty cheap. Only thing that might turn otherwise receptive people off might be the choreography, but I'm OK with buying into that. I already have tickets to see her again in December. It'll be in an arena, half surrounded by bros(opening for The Black Keys), but I have floor tickets so it shouldn't be too bad. Plus it'll be nice to have an opener that isn't a waste of time.

Kara

« Reply #26088 on: October 07, 2014, 06:00:24 PM »

I believe we discussed the sitcom potential when I first moved in and realized it was a den of ancom incorrect thought. :holeup

I exercise too much leadership and collectivizing initiative (especially given how little I'm actually there) to think of myself as a mere New Soviet Man in this environment. :shaq2

El Babua

« Reply #26089 on: October 07, 2014, 06:14:39 PM »

I saw her accidentally when I got tickets to see David Byrne a few years ago after writing her off as Pitchfork hipster wank like Bon Iver or Animal Collective. Her earnestness won me over and a lot of her songs were surprisingly accessible. Saw her again in March when her new album came out and it was incredible. She actually gives a fuck about the performance and gets way into it...only comparison I can make is kind of like how Jack White will get into it when he starts shredding. Plus she's adorable and the tickets were pretty cheap. Only thing that might turn otherwise receptive people off might be the choreography, but I'm OK with buying into that. I already have tickets to see her again in December. It'll be in an arena, half surrounded by bros(opening for The Black Keys), but I have floor tickets so it shouldn't be too bad. Plus it'll be nice to have an opener that isn't a waste of time.

Yep. Tickets were only $30 incl.fees/taxes to get floor access. Her interaction with the audience just from her looks and expressions are great abd understated through video. Her talks with the audience between songs might turn some people off but I found it cute. The last two songs were the best with her going crazy, shredding and even let the crowd play her guitar.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26090 on: October 07, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
Gonna set an alarm to watch the lunar eclipse tonight cuz yolo

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26091 on: October 08, 2014, 03:40:15 AM »
The other members of the commune have this custom of leaving their shoes outside their doors. It's kind of silly (in a visual sense), but I never paid much attention to it... until I was cleaning up my room this morning and noticed how much fucking dirt gets tracked in from the common spaces. :stahp

My comrades definitely live up to the stereotype of far-left people being layabouts. Where's the pride of tenantship? If the vanguard party expropriated our abode from our absentee landlord tomorrow, would we be able to look the apparatchiks that came by to evaluate the premise's ability to hold more people in the face? Or would we have to hang our heads in shame that we respected ourselves so little that no one can take a fucking mop to the hard flooring once a week? :ussrcry
I know a place that needs some BA literature stuffed in some empty abandoned shoes.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #26092 on: October 08, 2014, 11:17:54 AM »
Gonna set an alarm to watch the lunar eclipse tonight cuz yolo

I saw it several times tonight, as the earth’s shadow began to eat the moon. I can only imagine primitive man’s utter horror at the weird sight of a blood moon.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #26093 on: October 08, 2014, 11:28:18 AM »
I saw a cop pull over a black guy yesterday on my way to work, and in the process of pulling him over he rear ended him.  The cop just put his head on the steering wheel and the black guy was laughing his ass off.  Just a tiny bit of balance was restored. :aah
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:35:15 AM by Steve Contra »
vin

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #26094 on: October 08, 2014, 11:36:52 AM »
I saw a cop pull over a black guy yesterday on my way to work, and in the process of pulling him over he rear ended him.  The cop just put his head on the steering wheel and the black guy was laughing his ass off.  Just a tiny bit of balance was restored.

I have a guy I do work for who got back ended at a RED LIGHT by a cop in a smaller city in Ohio who was texting. They tried like fuck to cite him for something (got a warrant to search the car, interviewed him like 3 times) but the dude is a monk...never does a damn thing wrong. So it ended up they had to pay for his car's repair and gave him a small knot for the trouble after the tape was released.

Not a good look to plow into a bros car and clearly be seen not slowing down.

YMMV

Kara

« Reply #26095 on: October 08, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »
The cool thing about being helped by a cutie at the pharmacy is that she already knows you're fucking crazy up front. :phil

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26096 on: October 08, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »
And she knows exactly where the adult diapers are  :-*
que

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26097 on: October 09, 2014, 12:26:01 AM »
I saw a cop pull over a black guy yesterday on my way to work, and in the process of pulling him over he rear ended him.
I hear this is standard practice in NYC.

El Babua

« Reply #26098 on: October 09, 2014, 01:32:50 AM »
My friend got into a multi-car accident involving a cop. Basically, some white van pulled out from a bank without looking, nearly hitting my friend. He swearved out of the way and hit a speeding cop who careened over the median and absolutely destroyed another car (the person inside was OK), but their car was totaled.

Cop knew he fucked up so he didn't give my friend a ticket, but did say that friend's insurance would have to pay for the car he hit (the cop, that is). Long story short, my friend didn't accept it, cop tried to blame everything on friend, everyone lawyered up and both he and the cop have to pay out now. Investigation determined that the cop was indeed speeding. No recording of white van, plus a cop was involved so shit could've been worse.

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #26099 on: October 09, 2014, 01:17:30 PM »
Presentation at work involved a demonstration of one of our websites. One of the banner pics on a page was of that old stock photo guy lol
bent