Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3435116 times)

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Re: New Random Talk Thread: Let the Bottom-Feeding Commence!
« Reply #26280 on: October 20, 2014, 08:04:35 PM »
Don't you ever just get tired of everything Karakand?

Every day and for as long as I can remember.

Next personal question that will elicit an emosad shitpost. *searches for someone else in the audience to call on*

Sausage

« Reply #26281 on: October 20, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »
posting for the demonic page

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #26282 on: October 20, 2014, 10:50:03 PM »
I asked the dude at my local coffee place for extra cream cheese on my flagel yesterday and he gave me this pained look like I had offended him and said "you KNOW how I do it".  He then proceeded to give me the typical razor thin layer.  wtf is this shit.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26283 on: October 20, 2014, 10:53:50 PM »
But you KNOW how he does it?  why make it awkward?  Just let the dude spread it and go to work like he likes.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #26284 on: October 20, 2014, 11:38:39 PM »
I asked the dude at my local coffee place for extra cream cheese on my flagel yesterday and he gave me this pained look like I had offended him and said "you KNOW how I do it".  He then proceeded to give me the typical razor thin layer.  wtf is this shit.

Flagel? What is this verkakte goyim :trash?

G The Resurrected

« Reply #26285 on: October 21, 2014, 06:44:32 AM »
So I bought a set of tyvek full body suits and a industrial respirator for Halloween. The missus says it's a bit too much and might scare folks. How else are people going to get their treats if they don't get tricked? I've been working on the entrance area and it looks like a biohazard nightmare now with a timed fog machine and flashing red lights. It looks like a bio containment facility outside and in. I hope I scare a few folks this year. We bought full sized candy this year and a lot more goodies for our gift bags. Might as well make it worth the scare for those brave enough to come to my door.

Last week I was busy doing stuff for the play I went to last month. I was invited to come back to speak about my experience with the director/star and was interviewed by the local Berkeley paper. I got to spend an afternoons time with the star of the show and even got into some of her promotional shots. She claimed that I left an impression on her more than anyone else she had invited on stage and she took it upon herself to track me down so I could be in the promotional pictures for the play. She then proceeded to take my phone and ask if I had taken a picture without her permission. You have to understand that her character doesn't let up it's a 24/7 gig. She is Meow Meow no matter what, so she looked in my phone and saw pictures of Roxanne and I. Thats when she asked me to call her (Roxanne) the moment she answered she got on the phone and demanded that we come to her final show and no wouldn't be an answer for she'd take me hostage if she said no.

Roxanne and I went and she introduced us to the audience as she asked us to come up on stage for a special musical number. We sang together on the spot the song "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" it was awesome. I danced on stage with my love of many years and got to show off some fancy footwork thats gone unused for better half of 12years since my last cotillion. Seeing that miss Meow Meow got in on the dancing and we all took a little bow and the show went on. At the end she dives into the audience and made her way to us and I carried her back to the stage only to be dragged up one more time. This time since it was only me and she had progressively lost some articles of clothing she sang a song to me and then we walked off stage. She ran and got Roxanne and dragged her up on stage and we all took a bow before the last curtain fall.

We stayed a bit after the show and talked about life and had a great time. We exchanged emails and phone numbers so she can send Roxanne a recording from her Xmas show in London since we can't go. I got the pleasure of hearing her prepare earlier in the week for that performance and if it's anything like this show it'll be great. I just wish is wasn't in London.

In other news I'm going in to get some serious medical tests done thursday. Seems my neuropathy is just the start of some horrible genetic tragedy thats starting to play out.

Kara

« Reply #26286 on: October 21, 2014, 10:51:43 AM »
One of my friends:

i signed up for an acct at the coli and as a verification it asked me who wrote illmatic so i tried to be a smart ass and typed Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones and i got bounced lol

:dead

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26287 on: October 21, 2014, 10:59:31 AM »
One of my friends:

i signed up for an acct at the coli and as a verification it asked me who wrote illmatic so i tried to be a smart ass and typed Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones and i got bounced lol

:dead

He should have just looked it up on Wikipedia like I did.  8)
©@©™

Kara

« Reply #26288 on: October 21, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »
Bought some clothes at the thrift store. Got a nice dress shirt I can wear to appear adultlike and a the shirt portion of the uniform from a HVAC repair company for when I go to hipster lebensraum downtown.

I'll show those fucking hipsters how it's done. :wag <--- Dikembe

spoiler (click to show/hide)
#thedualities #thatssokarakand et cetera
[close]

e: The company's acronym is the French word for dude (mec) too. I also got it for that reason. (See spoiler above.)

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #26289 on: October 21, 2014, 02:21:16 PM »
Bought rain boots. Should get them Thurs/Fri. I haven't had rain boots in forever but I do more walking in the rain these days. And Portland is mighty rainy.

Kara

« Reply #26290 on: October 22, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26291 on: October 23, 2014, 12:42:33 AM »
Theano the numerical computation library for Python is super sexy.  Automatic derivative calculations :bow2  transparent CUDA implementations and numeric optimization :bow2

Kara

« Reply #26292 on: October 25, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »
$435 seems like a lot of money just to change my middle name. I ain't even changing the initial letter. >:(

Also :dead at prehistoric shit California makes you do like publishing a notice to change your own name in a newspaper for 4 weeks before your court hearing so people have time to know you're changing your name and voice their objections to you changing your own name. Shit's a name, not a fucking liquor license. :dead (No benji................... :'()

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26293 on: October 25, 2014, 03:15:40 PM »
$435 seems like a lot of money just to change my middle name. I ain't even changing the initial letter. >:(

Also :dead at prehistoric shit California makes you do like publishing a notice to change your own name in a newspaper for 4 weeks before your court hearing so people have time to know you're changing your name and voice their objections to you changing your own name. Shit's a name, not a fucking liquor license. :dead (No benji................... :'()
I don't understand. So the mob estranged family members have a chance of finding you?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26294 on: October 25, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »
Fuck, roommate and/or hid gf keeps leaving shit out in the common area that nami gets into and could potentially make her really sick, like shoe polish today.  He also got face paint over my bath towel, which I guess they have been using as a hand towel.  I flew into a range and though a bunch a shit of his that was on the dinning room table into his room, including a plate full of wet face paint all over his bed.  Fuck him.   

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26295 on: October 25, 2014, 03:22:22 PM »
Don't care, I've warned him twice in the last month about personal space and leaving stuff out in the common area.  See how he feels when it happens to him. 

Kara

« Reply #26296 on: October 25, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »
Arvie did you throw any dice after doing all this?

I don't understand. So the mob estranged family members have a chance of finding you?

Ha, close, it's one of my parents' names and I no longer wish to bear it. A ritual ruination, if you will.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26297 on: October 25, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »
I don't think you actually need to throw dice when crossing the Rubicon. 

Kara

« Reply #26298 on: October 25, 2014, 03:58:30 PM »
:comeon

I already have one picked out. :-*
[close]

I don't think you actually need to throw dice when crossing the Rubicon.

But you crossed a metaphorical one, all bets are off when that happens.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26299 on: October 25, 2014, 04:20:58 PM »
iacta alea est :lawd

he might not have actually said this, we get this phrase from Suetonius's mistranslation in The Twelve Caesars

what he actually said (and I hate saying that, it sounds so patronizing) was a quotation from the late 4th century B.C. Greek comedian Menander's Arrehphoros, Ἀνερρίφθω κύβος (anerriphtho kybos) which roughly means "Let the die be cast." I like this interpretation most because it emphasizes Caesar's active role in the dissolution of the Republic and properly details the of his -and the Roman people's- position in the 1st century B.C..

Also, it portrays him as something of a proto-John the Savage which I'm sure certain someones can appreciate.
[close]

Kara

« Reply #26300 on: October 25, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »
Knickerbocker you got a time machine? You know what he actually said? :comeon

Anyway the Greek version seemed plausible to me given the hellenophilia of the Roman elite, even if Caesar built his putsch on not being of the elite and his Latin writing is known for its clarity (i.e. he was comfortable communicating in it).

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26301 on: October 25, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »
Ha, close, it's one of my parents' names and I no longer wish to bear it. A ritual ruination, if you will.
Hm, that answers that, but I was actually wondering about the law. Why require that people advertise the change? Because only a crook would object?

Kara

« Reply #26302 on: October 25, 2014, 05:24:49 PM »
Q: Why do I have to publish my Order to Show Cause for Change of Name in the newspaper?

A: The law requires that you publish the Order to Show Cause form showing you are asking to change your name, and the date of your court hearing, to help prevent fraud by letting people know you are changing your name, and giving them a chance to object. Normally no one objects, but the legal requirement means you cannot get a court order to change your name without publishing notice.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1054.htm

Basically, an archaic remnant of the pre-information age.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26303 on: October 25, 2014, 05:50:19 PM »
Knickerbocker you got a time machine? You know what he actually said? :comeon

he might not have actually said this

Anyway the Greek version seemed plausible to me given the hellenophilia of the Roman elite, even if Caesar built his putsch on not being of the elite and his Latin writing is known for its clarity (i.e. he was comfortable communicating in it).
Tangential, but: part of Tom Holland's narrative in Rubicon has to deal with the Senate's extreme protectionism from outside (read: Eastern) influence from their provinces, particularly the fear of an absolutist autocrat ruling from divine right. His prose is super melodramatic and matter-of-fact so it's kind of off-putting from a methodological standpoint, but there are plenty of primary sources that do indicate a distrust of contemporary Greek peoples/Hellenistic culture.

Mostly they portray Greeks as decadent and/or effeminate (not unlike certain German intellectual's attitudes towards the French in the early 20th century :leon)
Quote from: from Pliny the Elder's Natural History
Of all the Greek sciences, only medicine has not yet gained wide interest among us sober and serious-minded Romans. Very few of our citizens are attracted even by its considerable monetary rewards, and those who are immediately begin to act like Greeks. [he goes on to explain how the medical profession is particularly prone to being used by frauds and how it's inherently deceitful  :lol]
Quote from: Juvenal, who is very egalitarian in his xenophobia, Satire III
My friends, I can’t stand / A Rome full of Greeks, yet few of the dregs are Greek!.../ Bringing its language and customs, pipes and harp-strings, / And even their native timbrels are dragged along too, / And the girls forced to offer themselves in the Circus.

Is it nothing that in my childhood I breathed the Aventine air, / Is it nothing that in my youth I was nurtured on Sabine olives?

Quote from: Cicero, Speech in Defense of Flaccus
Oh, if only we would preserve the outstanding traditional system of citizens' assemblies which we inherited from our ancetors. Our very wise and venerable ancestors did not wish for any power to reside in the contiones [informal meetings in which public discussion was allowed prior to a convocation of assemblies]...Among the Greeks, however, public business is conducted irresponsibly by a contio in which people sit down... And ancient Greece, which once flourished with wealth, power, and glory, was ruined by this one evil: the excessive liberty and licence at its contiones.

Note that all of these examples are about contemporary Greeks. There's nothing preventing (and indeed, it's often encouraged to have) an admiration for ancient Greek tradition, which again is entirely consistent with Julius' recitation of Menander.

[close]

Kara

« Reply #26304 on: October 25, 2014, 05:54:48 PM »
jake stepping up to the plate today while I'm preoccupied with paperwork and facing ghosts from my past. :lawd Such a mensch. :whew

On a related note, everyone please enjoy this excerpt from an internal control textbook.

This is where the intelligence--as in intelligence system--attribute enters. Brad should put Della into a "suspicious character" category, and watch her activities in the months ahead. Also, he should be suspicious of the Pence Company. There is insufficient evidence for him to openly voice his suspicions; however, they too should be placed into his personal intelligence file and watched in the months ahead.

Corporate SSD outchea. :whew

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26305 on: October 25, 2014, 07:19:50 PM »
I think I took Rome on this one. 

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #26306 on: October 25, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
was gettin' my drunk on early, now I gotta sober up and shower(I'm foul right now). some dumb lil beesh keeps texting. I texted back I'd only go over if she let me have anal thinking she'd say no and I could keep on drinking. she said yes brehs  :rejoice

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #26307 on: October 25, 2014, 07:27:18 PM »
I need to move to Oakland.

Kara

« Reply #26308 on: October 25, 2014, 08:43:17 PM »
I don't want to toot my own horn here or anything, but I got up early today and started cleaning my room and mysteriously the commune is cleaning their own spaces + the communal areas they shit up with their messes a few hours later despite never fucking doing this.

Think maybe I should be changing my middle name to Koba instead of what I planned on.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26309 on: October 25, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
Or maybe they just view you are the NKVD of the household. 

In before a comeback at my own bad behavior as a roommate
[close]

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26310 on: October 25, 2014, 08:56:23 PM »
Yeah we need updates on that live as they happen, please

Kara

« Reply #26311 on: October 25, 2014, 09:04:43 PM »
Or maybe they just view you are the NKVD of the household. 

In before a comeback at my own bad behavior as a roommate
[close]

You put something that says "Leningrad" on your wall and suddenly everyone thinks you're a secret policeman. :shaq2

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26312 on: October 25, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »
I bet they are more worried about the blood splatter and numerous bullet holes on the wall.

Kara

« Reply #26313 on: October 25, 2014, 09:09:37 PM »
Radio Yerevan was asked: "Has poet Vladimir Mayakovsky committed suicide?"
Radio Yerevan answered: "We don't know, but his last words were 'Don't shoot, comrades!'"

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #26314 on: October 25, 2014, 11:06:44 PM »
my roids are flaring fierce :tocry
reckt

« Reply #26315 on: October 26, 2014, 08:28:15 PM »
I'm in the Bahamas!  It's pretty nice here.

« Reply #26316 on: October 27, 2014, 01:42:59 PM »
Had to run to another building this morning and when I came back, I saw a student getting dropped off late. This wouldn't have been a big deal if the guy driving wasn't pouring out the bong water in the visitor's parking lot. Dumbass. :lol
野球

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #26317 on: October 27, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
Did you report him?

Don't snitch, bro.
YMMV

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #26318 on: October 27, 2014, 02:13:57 PM »
Bong water smell.
©ZH

« Reply #26319 on: October 27, 2014, 02:17:54 PM »
Our security guard was in the parking lot too, so I didn't have to say a word.

Kid was still a dumbass. If you're gonna get high, don't get high before you come to school.
野球

Kara

« Reply #26320 on: October 27, 2014, 05:06:28 PM »
I have grown used to awaking to strange happenings or evidence of strange happenings since embedding myself with an ancom commune to spread the gospel of the one true science of Marxism-Leninism.

This morning though... as I was leaving for work there was a young man lying shirtless and asleep on our couch in the living room (this was not strange in and of itself, yes, even though it was Monday fucking morning) and when I turned around to walk to my car after locking the front door I nearly stumbled over a motorcycle parked on our lawn. :what

I should add that the distance between the front door and the street is not insignificant. Someone--likely in some state of intoxication--thought it would be a good idea to bring their bike all the way up to our front door when even at night there is parking for full size automobiles to be had in our neighborhood, let alone motorcycles.

I can't even blame this on a white trash thing, I'm the only cac who sets foot in this place.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26321 on: October 27, 2014, 05:16:48 PM »
Its racist to think that 'white trash' can only apply to cacs.  I thought hearts and minds had changed with the ground breaking episode of King of the Hill where Kahn Souphanousinphone, a Laotian, quits his job and starts hanging out with Lucky and his crew and becomes quintessential white trash. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26322 on: October 27, 2014, 08:38:02 PM »
https://folk-o-rama.bandcamp.com/album/folk-o-rama-volume-four

listening to this

I so miss the Punk-O-Rama series  :(

Kara

« Reply #26323 on: October 27, 2014, 09:09:32 PM »
Punk-O-Rama... that's a name I've not heard for a long time. A long time.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26324 on: October 27, 2014, 09:42:25 PM »
I'm exhausted and hungry. Staying at an extended stay hotel where you have to ask them to bring you utensils and pans. I asked like 30 minutes ago. Nothing.
I'm thinking of stripping down to my underwear and blaring xhamster (you can see the laptop from the door) to greet the person bringing the stuff. Don't be late with my cooking utensils damnit!!
que

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26325 on: October 28, 2014, 12:27:54 AM »
Gonna be back in Seattle next week.
Also thinking of taking the wife to LA for our anniversary (January) we'll see.
que

nudemacusers

« Reply #26326 on: October 28, 2014, 01:02:37 AM »
what are your thoughts on dumpster sex
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26328 on: October 28, 2014, 10:14:52 AM »
what are your thoughts on dumpster sex
Depends on who's in the dumpster
que

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #26329 on: October 28, 2014, 10:37:24 AM »
Edit: ugh, new paged

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #26330 on: October 28, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »
When your neighbor down the road gets popped by the DEA....

http://www.cleveland.com/westlake/index.ssf/2014/10/report_dea_investigated_westla.html#incart_river

Couldn't happen to a nicer, more classy lady. My wife called me about 5 minutes ago happy as fuck.
YMMV

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #26331 on: October 28, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »
When your neighbor down the road gets popped by the DEA....

http://www.cleveland.com/westlake/index.ssf/2014/10/report_dea_investigated_westla.html#incart_river

Couldn't happen to a nicer, more classy lady. My wife called me about 5 minutes ago happy as fuck.

Looks like some gamergaters in the comments section. "Bu-bu-bu this wouldn't be news if she wasn't hot." :derp
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #26332 on: October 28, 2014, 01:28:04 PM »
crazy milf pussy>*

Am_I_Anonymous

« Reply #26333 on: October 28, 2014, 01:30:16 PM »
crazy milf pussy>*

This bitch is nuts. She use to come over and basically tell us she was famous and we should hang out. Complete bitch to anyone who doesn't live in our development....she use to call them the "other people". I have no use for her and the wifey hates the bitch.
YMMV

Kara

« Reply #26334 on: October 28, 2014, 05:24:19 PM »
jake, today I saw not one but two fellas strolling around in cargo shorts. You held out long enough for them to come full circle. :whew

nudemacusers

« Reply #26335 on: October 29, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »
so my son woke up last night, and in a haze of confusion, peed on the floor (wood) near the bathroom. not a tragedy, but a bit disappointing.so he comes to our room and says someone peepee'd and points to the scene of the crime. Knowing full well what has happened, since he has stripped off his pants, I ask him, "Who peepee'd on the floor?"

He holds his finger to his chin and thinks for a second, and says, "Drake?" (our dog). I say, no, it wasn't Drake.

"Princess?" (our cat)

"No, it wasn't Princess"

"Sister?" (a 9 month old currently asleep in the crib).

"I don't think so".

"You?"

:dead already tryin to cover his tracks.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26336 on: October 29, 2014, 11:52:44 AM »
Drake  :heh
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #26337 on: October 29, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
hey this was before drake was a thing :tocry
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #26338 on: October 29, 2014, 12:15:38 PM »
 :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26339 on: October 29, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
jake, today I saw not one but two fellas strolling around in cargo shorts. You held out long enough for them to come full circle. :whew

may L. L. Bean lead them to affordable garment functionality