Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3413075 times)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Re: New Random Talk Thread: Let the Bottom-Feeding Commence!
« Reply #26400 on: October 31, 2014, 10:38:21 PM »
There's always weed here for you if you're ever in the area!

Himu

« Reply #26401 on: October 31, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »
I'm not in the area, so I don't have weed.
IYKYK

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #26402 on: October 31, 2014, 10:59:11 PM »
I was going to go into a rant on how biological family members sometimes aren't your true family but not to come across as an "edgy adolescent" I'll keep those thoughts to myself.

California is your promised land, Himu. Just as some other place that isn't fuckin' Greenville, SC is my promised land.

Stay vigilant, go through this temporary wilderness of adversity, and come out the other side as a stronger woman.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #26403 on: October 31, 2014, 11:09:09 PM »
Hang in there Himu!
My wife and I will be in LA in January we can meet up!
If you need anything PM me.
que

Himu

« Reply #26404 on: October 31, 2014, 11:09:25 PM »
We'll make it, Atra. We will leave this land they call the confederacy and high tail it to freedom.

IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #26405 on: November 01, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »
I'm just glad you posted here first.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #26406 on: November 01, 2014, 12:48:02 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26407 on: November 01, 2014, 01:00:52 PM »

For some reason, I read all of your posts in my head with a Dennis Miller voice.
ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26408 on: November 01, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »
I like the word copacetic.  Thank you for using it. 

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #26409 on: November 01, 2014, 01:45:44 PM »
the TVC cameo was perfect.

Yulwei

« Reply #26410 on: November 01, 2014, 02:38:28 PM »
Been munching on halloween candy my nephews gave me

*****:
Sour Patch Kids

****:
Whoopers, Bon Bon Boom lollipop (red grape)

***:
Swedish fish

**:
Snickers, M&Ms

*:
Smarties

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26411 on: November 01, 2014, 02:41:04 PM »
I like the word copacetic.  Thank you for using it.
Here, let me possibly ruin it for you:

Himu

« Reply #26412 on: November 01, 2014, 02:53:58 PM »
apparently most gun suicides fail :stahp
IYKYK

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #26413 on: November 01, 2014, 03:41:10 PM »
apparently most gun suicides fail :stahp

idk where you read that, the lowest lethality rate I've ever seen for firearms is still over 70% and it's generally considered the most effective method.

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #26414 on: November 01, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »
guns are for when you really want to die. there is no regretful ambulance call.
reckt

nudemacusers

« Reply #26415 on: November 01, 2014, 04:35:48 PM »
well himu i'm just catching up and can't write out a long blurb, but i'll just say that you shouldn't off yourself first of all, because there are people who care and will miss you end of. second, and I can't pretend to be in your shoes here and your experience transitioning, so I have no real advice there, but i do know about getting dealt a shit hand re: family, and all i can say is while it sucks, and sucks hard, you can find a surrogate family out there, can be in the form of friends, mentors, and an s/o's family. you will find them, might take a while, but when you do, hold on to them.

anyone who isn't with you; fuck em.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #26416 on: November 01, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
Someone from one of the many MGS/kojima (iirc) forums I used to frequent when I was a teen killed himself by drinking a bunch a chemicals from under his sink. He did it before he told anyone but we still got him to contact poison control etc. He was regretful but it was too late by time any emergency services got to him. Something I wish I hadn't seen/experienced at such a young age. There was definitely a point in the conversation where it was obvious that it was too late and thats the part that sticks with me.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #26417 on: November 01, 2014, 04:50:15 PM »
Came in here at a bad time  :goty2

Kara

« Reply #26418 on: November 01, 2014, 05:30:36 PM »
Someone from one of the many MGS/kojima (iirc) forums I used to frequent when I was a teen killed himself by drinking a bunch a chemicals from under his sink. He did it before he told anyone but we still got him to contact poison control etc. He was regretful but it was too late by time any emergency services got to him. Something I wish I hadn't seen/experienced at such a young age. There was definitely a point in the conversation where it was obvious that it was too late and thats the part that sticks with me.

It's not the same thing obviously, but I'll never forget Scorcho's last post before going to the hospital to die.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43431001&postcount=492

(Don't read this post if you need to be upbeat at all for the rest of the day.)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26419 on: November 01, 2014, 08:03:50 PM »
My grandmother's friend who is also the mother of my parents neighbor totaled her car.

She hit "something" she doesn't know if it was a person or what on some road, then drove about five miles. So her tire gave out, then she drove on her rim for another three miles until it wore away. Finally she was down to driving on her brake pad. She somehow managed to weave her way through her subdivision another couple miles, hitting only a couple cars, despite there being an entirely missing wheel on the car. Her engine block dropped and was dragging on the ground before she finally got home. And she still somehow managed to get it into the driveway.

Some guy followed her and had called the police who thought she was drunk. Nope, just old and diabetic with tremors.

She had thought she maybe had a bit of a flat tire and could make it home.

Greatest driving of all time.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26420 on: November 01, 2014, 08:39:30 PM »
Is she deaf, too?

benjipwns

« Reply #26421 on: November 01, 2014, 09:09:13 PM »
the market will drive up the elderly's insurance rates and prevent them from driving. there's no need to re-test people's driving competency once they get past a certain age, with enough accidents they will be selected against.
Too bad the state has monopolized driving competency assessment.  :jawalrus

Himu

« Reply #26422 on: November 01, 2014, 09:19:19 PM »

Someone please translate this into English.

In any case, this whole situation, both on and offline has given me the resolve to not be openly trans. For now on, it's stealth only, unless I think you're a romantic interest. Coming out and being open is for suckers. Hide that shit.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26423 on: November 01, 2014, 09:27:48 PM »
If you imagine your suicide a lot, pick an end that you would want (presumably preserving your dignity, maybe your corpse for your family) so that the time when you're "motivated" enough, you won't do something rash and just jump in front of a train an explode all over the tracks.

Choose something with long preparation times and special conditions, so that you have enough time to reconsider. If you still feel like killing yourself after all that, then that's just how it's gotta be. You don't owe anyone, it's your life, etc.

The rest is obvious enough I think.

Himu

« Reply #26424 on: November 01, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »
I don't think jotting down a plan for suicide is necessary. I'll likely be murdered anyways.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26425 on: November 01, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »
Well, it's a safety for your brain. Give it some hoops to jump through in the event that it wants to kill you before anyone else can.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #26426 on: November 01, 2014, 09:39:42 PM »
Well if you do commit suicide, Himu, please buy a webcam first.
serge

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #26427 on: November 01, 2014, 11:13:22 PM »
I don't think jotting down a plan for suicide is necessary. I'll likely be murdered anyways.

himu let me be your sorceress' knight

spoiler (click to show/hide)
but seriously please take care of yourself. despite what it might seem like sometimes, there are plenty of us out here who really do care about you and want to help you through the tough times. never forget that you're worth more that anyone realizes, that you're amazing. we love you bb
[close]
pcp

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #26428 on: November 01, 2014, 11:27:13 PM »
senpai notices you, himu-chan.

Himu

« Reply #26429 on: November 01, 2014, 11:28:23 PM »
Bennie is she being sued for hitting other cars and just ignoring it?
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #26430 on: November 01, 2014, 11:35:17 PM »
old person privilege  :oreilly

benjipwns

« Reply #26431 on: November 01, 2014, 11:40:39 PM »
I suppose if they find out, they were parked cars and she mostly scraped up against them, her subdivision has a lot of short driveways so you get people parking in the street. She said she thought she might have nicked a couple of cars, her son said there were like five different colored paint scrapes on the car.  :lol

Though her son is a retired cop. So...double privilege.

Like everyone who knows this story is ignoring the part where she thought she might have hit a person but kept driving because of the amazing part where she wore a wheel down to complete non-existence and had her engine block fall out yet made it home.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26432 on: November 02, 2014, 01:57:24 AM »
She should have paid an unemployed college graduate to drive her around.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #26433 on: November 02, 2014, 01:21:52 AM »
she should have paid a negro with the voice of god to drive her around

benjipwns

« Reply #26434 on: November 02, 2014, 01:26:58 AM »
She should have paid an unemployed college graduate to drive her around.
Where are you going to find one of those these days? Haven't you heard, the stock market is up, interest rates are low!

Kara

« Reply #26435 on: November 02, 2014, 11:24:13 AM »
If you imagine your suicide a lot, pick an end that you would want (presumably preserving your dignity, maybe your corpse for your family) so that the time when you're "motivated" enough, you won't do something rash and just jump in front of a train an explode all over the tracks.

Choose something with long preparation times and special conditions, so that you have enough time to reconsider. If you still feel like killing yourself after all that, then that's just how it's gotta be. You don't owe anyone, it's your life, etc.

The rest is obvious enough I think.

Not bad. :obama

« Reply #26436 on: November 02, 2014, 12:09:29 PM »
Not even a mix of coffee and RTJ2 can provide me with the energy needed to get out of bed today...

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26437 on: November 02, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
I suggest you try some speed.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #26438 on: November 02, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »
I can't imagine having two kids. Our house isn't big enough, and frankly I like our way of life at the moment. I know it works really well for other families, but I think if we had two, I'd be :dead

a-fucking-men.

Two has been a trial, but mostly great.

My MIL kept pushing us for a third kid. I guaranteed if we had a third, I’d be :dead

I laugh and shake my head at bad drivers or else I'd go insane with how many terrible ones are out on the road. Nonstop anger just isn't a good zone to be in while doing that.

In Southern California you don't get mad at bad drivers, you get mad at the people who are functionally unable to drive and should only be allowed to drive in the other 49 states where people engage in such barbarism as: driving the speed limit. Or: using their turn signals to change lanes.

If you fucking suck at driving you make it impossible for the rest of us to be reckless drivers and that just doesn't fucking fly in a place where there is too little road for far too many people.
Ah, Los Angeles, how I am grateful for teaching me how to drive. People in Osaka claim to be rude drivers. They’re charming.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #26439 on: November 02, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »
My gut says fuck my family.
I am so sad to hear you’d been thinking of ending your life. You’re young and are just beginning to embark on the next big adventure of your life, having finally begun to find out who you truly are. Of course your journey is hard. Of course it’s a trial. Of course you’re facing monsters.

Sadly, you are right: You’re going to need to watch out for yourself, to guard against harm from others. I find the statistics of harm against transsexuals to be very alarming. Please learn some defense arts, including psychological ones.

Himu

« Reply #26440 on: November 02, 2014, 02:07:20 PM »
What's a psychological defense art?

I'm looking into learning a martial art now. I'm skeptical on martial arts as a form of self defense, though. Wouldn't the best self defense be doing what the robber/mugger says to do and try to not incite conflict? Or am I doing this wrong? My interest in martial arts is physical conditioning and discipline. I seem to be a minority here when it comes to that. Most people seem to get into MAs so they can use it in a fight or protect themselves. I question the validity of using martial arts in the wild, though. Is my skepticism well founded?

On the other hand...maybe for self defense is practical?

https://m.

I don't know.

Martial arts as self defense always comes off as a marketing tactic to me.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:36:02 PM by Queen of Ice »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26441 on: November 02, 2014, 02:50:04 PM »
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #26442 on: November 02, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
What's a psychological defense art?

I'm looking into learning a martial art now. I'm skeptical on martial arts as a form of self defense, though. Wouldn't the best self defense be doing what the robber/mugger says to do and try to not incite conflict? Or am I doing this wrong? My interest in martial arts is physical conditioning and discipline. I seem to be a minority here when it comes to that. Most people seem to get into MAs so they can use it in a fight or protect themselves. I question the validity of using martial arts in the wild, though. Is my skepticism well founded?

On the other hand...maybe for self defense is practical?

https://m.

I don't know.

Martial arts as self defense always comes off as a marketing tactic to me.

I can’t see the vid because I’m on very limited Internet access.

I should have said “defense technique” but “art” works as well. Martial arts, when properly taught, will help you control your mind as well as your body. Many times, just staying calm and centered during a conflict is enough to defuse the conflict. Martial arts can teach you to defend yourself. In my case, it meant beginning by changing the way I walk, so I didn’t look like I was a victim waiting for bully to pick a fight with me.

With regard to your family: Realize that other people’s negative reactions say more about them than it does about you. You’re taking steps to explore who you really are. It’s hard for them and they’re afraid. Maybe they’re afraid of losing you, or afraid of what you’ll become, or both; but that fear can more easily be shown as negative emotions such as criticism, rejection, and even hatred. It doesn’t say anything about you, it says something about them and how they handle change.

Himu

« Reply #26443 on: November 02, 2014, 03:13:42 PM »
That makes sense. Sent a message to that cousin about how his Halloween was and still haven't gotten a response back.

:yeshrug
IYKYK

Broseidon

• Estado Homo
« Reply #26444 on: November 02, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »
Man this week has been terrible :piss2
bent

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #26445 on: November 03, 2014, 12:19:17 PM »
Kara, I saw a dude on campus this morning wearing cargo capris :dead

What part of the game is this?

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #26446 on: November 03, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »
YMMV

Kara

« Reply #26447 on: November 03, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »
Kara, I saw a dude on campus this morning wearing cargo capris :dead

What part of the game is this?

Bob Avakian's New Synthesis :phil

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26448 on: November 04, 2014, 06:10:06 PM »
I found the perfect apartment.  So hoping I get it. 

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #26449 on: November 04, 2014, 09:01:57 PM »
does it have an insulated crawlspace where you can store the torsos?
duc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26450 on: November 04, 2014, 09:41:44 PM »
Nah, its got a unlit and isolated river jogging trail though   :cody

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #26451 on: November 06, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »

:mouf

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #26452 on: November 06, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »
Looks like a good idea, but I guarantee it's impossible to eat.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #26453 on: November 06, 2014, 08:14:45 PM »
Nutella is overhyped cac garbage.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #26454 on: November 06, 2014, 08:55:47 PM »
Nutella is overhyped cac garbage.

you can leave
nat

nudemacusers

« Reply #26455 on: November 06, 2014, 09:18:53 PM »
nutella is great on crepes

yeah i know crepes are cacfood but stfu :bolo
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #26456 on: November 06, 2014, 09:24:12 PM »
peanut butter + nutella + marshmallow fluff = magic sandwich
pcp

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #26457 on: November 06, 2014, 09:26:53 PM »
 :kobeyuck

too much sugar on this page

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #26458 on: November 06, 2014, 09:32:26 PM »
I just nipped my lip with scissors while trimming my stash, now I'm bleeding everywhere.  The taste of iron is ruining my spicy tuna.  What has my vanity wrought me?  That's a saying right?

nudemacusers

« Reply #26459 on: November 06, 2014, 09:33:35 PM »

I say it every day in front of a mirror
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽