Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3373538 times)

agrajag

Re: Random Talk Thread: Isn't it time for a new title?
« Reply #33840 on: August 27, 2019, 01:31:07 PM »
Eating a spicy chicken sandwich from Popeye's right now. :obama

I hate you.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #33841 on: August 27, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »
your butthole probably couldn't handle it

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #33842 on: August 27, 2019, 01:41:55 PM »
We not only need a new title for this thread, it needs a new originator. It's so weird that we've got any trace of DarkShake3000 on the front page.

Why not HoF this bad bitch, and start a new Random Talk, a Yum! Brands Affiliate Thread?

Yeah, I agree--

nah

:badass

The only way to settle this is a mod fistfight. To the death.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33843 on: August 27, 2019, 01:52:14 PM »
We not only need a new title for this thread, it needs a new originator. It's so weird that we've got any trace of DarkShake3000 on the front page.

Why not HoF this bad bitch, and start a new Random Talk, a Yum! Brands Affiliate Thread?

Yeah, I agree--

nah

:badass

The only way to settle this is a mod fistfight. To the death.
they both have the power of anime on their side though, this battle could last all eternity

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33844 on: August 27, 2019, 02:18:22 PM »
I'm back into Backgammon on my phone (who needs a PS4 anyway amirite ?) and even paid for it (my experience with the best free alternative wasn't too good, shitty ads and moreover the app crashed frequently). I'll see if I keep at it, maybe I'll buy a decent board and play at my local bar (probably not). Could always go online too (app supports it) but not before having a ton of practice. Hardest part of the game IMO is using the "double or quit" cube at the right time though.

Edit :
App is BackgammonNJ by the way. Allows offline/CPU play, Online, dice rolls are transparent and it keeps your stats (including overall). Doesn't seem to be a hog on the battery either.
The free app generally considered the best but had issues with is Backgammon XG.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:23:32 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #33845 on: August 27, 2019, 02:22:29 PM »
Playing Hollow Knight again because I don't think I got the true ending last time - this is the best metroidvania game.

really looking forward to the Hornet game

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33846 on: August 27, 2019, 05:03:21 PM »
:whatsthedeal the faking being gay thing needs updating since like half the forum has sucked a hog at this point
everyone's going to pretend to be straight :dead

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #33847 on: August 27, 2019, 06:11:35 PM »
Starting eating bananas last Wednesday and every night since I've had extremely vivid dreams. To the point where it has effected my sleep. Wtf.
:9

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33848 on: August 27, 2019, 06:13:11 PM »
Starting eating bananas last Wednesday and every night since I've had extremely vivid dreams. To the point where it has effected my sleep. Wtf.
I more or less eat bananas every day  :thinking
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #33849 on: August 27, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »
But you work your bananas out in your posting. 

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33850 on: August 27, 2019, 07:05:27 PM »
:whatsthedeal the faking being gay thing needs updating since like half the forum has sucked a hog at this point
everyone's going to pretend to be straight :dead

It was the true subversion all along.  :ohhh
spoiler (click to show/hide)
says some Wank Dad, probably.
[close]
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #33851 on: August 27, 2019, 07:50:30 PM »
I'm back into Backgammon on my phone (who needs a PS4 anyway amirite ?) and even paid for it (my experience with the best free alternative wasn't too good, shitty ads and moreover the app crashed frequently). I'll see if I keep at it, maybe I'll buy a decent board and play at my local bar (probably not). Could always go online too (app supports it) but not before having a ton of practice. Hardest part of the game IMO is using the "double or quit" cube at the right time though.

Edit :
App is BackgammonNJ by the way. Allows offline/CPU play, Online, dice rolls are transparent and it keeps your stats (including overall). Doesn't seem to be a hog on the battery either.
The free app generally considered the best but had issues with is Backgammon XG.

If we ever meet up we can play some with a glass of cognac. :heart

I used to play backgammon for money, I was never good at it and must have lost hundreds. :lol

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #33852 on: August 27, 2019, 08:51:30 PM »
I worry that things are starting to feel like 2007 again. Like the looming feeling on oncoming doom in the financial air. My trader friends and clients are the grimmest I've seen them. It just feels like back before the market collapsed. It feels the same. I was worried that it was a sign that something bad was coming, I worry now that it's a sign that something bad is already here and I don't know it yet.
que

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33853 on: August 28, 2019, 04:52:15 AM »

Edit :

I used to play backgammon for money, I was never good at it and must have lost hundreds. :lol

Backgammon is a pretty cutthroat scene when you get to the competition / gambling scene, apparently, plenty of players in Central Park alongside the iconic chess speed plays including milking marks by flattering their egos. I don't why I like it really, maybe because it's more accessible than chess and poker while blending elements of board & chance.
ὕβρις

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #33854 on: August 28, 2019, 05:17:36 PM »
_Wanda Lavender, a 38-year-old Popeyes manager, told me she doesn’t get paid enough to deal with all the customers who lined up for sandwiches this past week. She earns $10 an hour managing a Popeyes in Milwaukee. She told me her legs are still numb from standing for 10 to 12 hours a day — she had to spend her birthday making chicken sandwiches instead of taking the day off. One of her employees quit. An angry customer even threatened to shoot her staff._

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #33855 on: August 28, 2019, 05:50:12 PM »
I worry that things are starting to feel like 2007 again. Like the looming feeling on oncoming doom in the financial air. My trader friends and clients are the grimmest I've seen them. It just feels like back before the market collapsed. It feels the same. I was worried that it was a sign that something bad was coming, I worry now that it's a sign that something bad is already here and I don't know it yet.

It’s 100% in the air. Feels like we’re approaching the tipping point. Just started a new job recently and am constantly wondering if a recession would lead to layoffs.

agrajag

« Reply #33856 on: August 28, 2019, 08:46:12 PM »

Edit :

Backgammon is a pretty cutthroat scene when you get to the competition / gambling scene, apparently, plenty of players in Central Park alongside the iconic chess speed plays including milking marks by flattering their egos. I don't why I like it really, maybe because it's more accessible than chess and poker while blending elements of board & chance.

back when I was hardcore into professional poker, I used to follow this Danish guy who was also a world class backgammon gambler. He made and lost millions on poker and backgammon.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33857 on: August 29, 2019, 04:42:26 AM »
reading through old pm's and now I miss my boy assy  :-\ at one point I had convinced him valk was trans and then he found out I was making it all up  :lol :lol :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #33858 on: August 29, 2019, 04:50:27 AM »
 ::)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #33859 on: August 29, 2019, 10:34:54 AM »
_Wanda Lavender, a 38-year-old Popeyes manager, told me she doesn’t get paid enough to deal with all the customers who lined up for sandwiches this past week. She earns $10 an hour managing a Popeyes in Milwaukee. She told me her legs are still numb from standing for 10 to 12 hours a day — she had to spend her birthday making chicken sandwiches instead of taking the day off. One of her employees quit. An angry customer even threatened to shoot her staff._

When the manager makes minimum wage, it deserves to be in the #latestagecapitalism thread.
©ZH

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #33860 on: August 29, 2019, 07:36:27 PM »
Staring blankly at my dentist today after an unusually quick filling: "Did you just scam me?"
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #33861 on: August 29, 2019, 07:41:46 PM »
Sunflower seeds and something that looks like a 5 Zloty coin, yet there is something in Japanese(?) at the end of the video.

You can’t imagine my confusion.

shosta

« Reply #33862 on: August 29, 2019, 07:56:59 PM »
He said, "yes, I'm very sorry, I don't actually have a degree" and then refunded my $78 copay.
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #33863 on: August 29, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »
esch you bitch

since they have the same names now

This really bothers me

shosta

« Reply #33864 on: August 30, 2019, 09:30:20 PM »

On Facebook
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #33865 on: September 03, 2019, 01:02:29 AM »
I really hate MS Word, and PDFs right now.  I spent the weekend trying to convert a bunch of documents in order to edit as needed because I didn't want to type a whole bunch of reports (about 20-50 pages each), so I thought Word could convert these PDFs fairly easily. Nope. I spent just as much time fixing all the typing errors the process Word did to convert these PDFs text into something I can copy/paste.

And I'm still not done.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 01:09:14 AM by Tripon »

Raist

« Reply #33866 on: September 03, 2019, 04:24:47 AM »
Word is notoriously shite at this.

Try this tool: https://www.wps.com/pdf-to-word/?__c=1

Free version has a 5 page limit, so you'd have to split your PDFs into small chunks, but I guess you can give it a spin and see if it's much better at converting your stuff. Might be worth spending time splitting PDFs instead.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #33867 on: September 04, 2019, 12:37:45 AM »
Filler doesn't really exist he's a manifestation of the collective id of the bore

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #33868 on: September 04, 2019, 12:39:09 AM »
So you're saying you guys love me huh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33869 on: September 04, 2019, 03:38:38 PM »
Caller: Hi, how do I reduce PDFs?  I need to make them smaller and when I googled it, I got a bunch of different results.

Me: Sure, I can help you with you that.  I would recommend saving them as optimized PDFs and--  This PDF is already really small.

Caller: It is?

Me: It's 164 kilobytes.

Caller: Uh, like I would know what THAT means *snorts*  ::)

Me: It means it's already tiny and this wouldn't help much, if at all.  All of the PDFs you have in this folder are pretty small- are these being sent inside or outside the firm?

Caller: Outside.

Me: I would recommend using [our file sharing service] to send these documents.  You won't need to do anything to the PDFs- it works just like sending an email and all you have to do is upload the files, then send them out.

Caller: And the client can use this? 

Me: Yes, they get a download link to click on and access the files.

Caller: No thanks, I'd rather try to reduce the size of the files instead.

Me: Are you sure?  There's 40+ PDFs in here and I don't think they're going to get under the size limit.  (Note- they definitely won't.)

Caller: That's OK- I'll try doing that~  :)

Me:  :whatsthedeal

ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #33870 on: September 04, 2019, 05:22:54 PM »
Almost ate one month expired sour cream because I forgot what month it is. 

BisMarckie

« Reply #33871 on: September 04, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »
Expired dairy products are fine, you'll notice if there is something wrong with them immerdiately.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33872 on: September 05, 2019, 12:50:59 PM »
Secretary: Hey Bork.  I have a rush request for Person A.  It's a rush for Person A!  OK? 
Secretary: ...Person B needs a power cord.
Me:  :doge
Me: What kind of power cord?
Secretary: Oh, is that a thing?  Hold on.  Uh...um...hang on...asking her via chat.  Uh......UMMMMM....LAPTOP!!
Me: OK, I'll let the desktop folks know.

Five minutes later

Secretary sends an urgent email saying "HEY BORK WAIT!!!!  IT'S NOT FOR A LAPTOP!!!  IT'S A POWER THING!
Me:  ???
I check the original ticket and see that she has also called in and my co-worker was able to determine that it's a request for a power strip. 
Person B then emails in that it's for a power strip.
Secretary then emails in again asking for more than one power strip "just in case." 
Secretary then calls again to say that this request is not needed for another 45 minutes.
Secretary emails this information too.

:dizzy
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33873 on: September 06, 2019, 09:27:58 AM »
been sick at home for the past three days and i'm kicking myself for not doing anything productive, I think I have a problem :/

also i've been remoting into the office and working for a few hours everyday.

yeah i think i have a problem

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33874 on: September 06, 2019, 09:28:54 AM »
They just changed the dress code at work- can now wear jeans every day, more casual shoes, and likely even get away with not tucking in shirts
:rejoice
ど助平

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #33875 on: September 06, 2019, 09:35:26 AM »
welcome to freedom, fuck suits, doing infrastructure things in a suit is just stupid in my opnion.

Yeah the server is really gonna be judging me whilst I'm changing the disks out because the POS failed again.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33876 on: September 06, 2019, 09:36:22 AM »
They just changed the dress code at work- can now wear jeans every day, more casual shoes, and likely even get away with not tucking in shirts
:rejoice
sometimes a dress code can be a life saver. There's a guy a few rows from me that cycles to work and he sits there barefoot all day, his feet smells like vinegar and toasted ham. I'm not lying when I say I can smell it from a good 25m away

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #33877 on: September 06, 2019, 09:45:21 AM »
I wash my favorite anime work shirt at least once a month, whether it needs it or not.
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33878 on: September 06, 2019, 09:46:34 AM »
I have a burst angel tshirt that i got at least ten years ago that I still wear :fbm

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #33879 on: September 06, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »
Installed my 12" Alpine type-r subwoofer into my G37. The ghetto blaster... is complete.
:9

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #33880 on: September 06, 2019, 01:38:02 PM »
welcome to freedom, fuck suits, doing infrastructure things in a suit is just stupid in my opnion.

Yeah the server is really gonna be judging me whilst I'm changing the disks out because the POS failed again.
Server operators really are the miners of the 21st century.
🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #33881 on: September 06, 2019, 04:45:02 PM »
Today was a good day.  Nothing special just have had one in a long time. 

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33882 on: September 06, 2019, 07:01:55 PM »
Drank too much peach gin, now I feel too awake :/

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #33883 on: September 06, 2019, 08:53:18 PM »
Some Asian girl tried to chat me up about my switch in the lil get redressed from tsa area :omfg

Is that not an emoji here? What’s the code? God damn it

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #33884 on: September 06, 2019, 09:55:47 PM »
wikipedia is down and now I can't find out all the movies Sean Bean was in.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #33886 on: September 09, 2019, 04:56:39 AM »
feeling cute, considering killing me.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #33887 on: September 09, 2019, 09:25:09 AM »
Have you ever heard of the Internet Movie Database, Madrun? Frequently referred to as IMDB.

what this?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #33888 on: September 09, 2019, 12:50:53 PM »
Also great for reviews and top 10 lists !
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #33889 on: September 11, 2019, 03:04:05 AM »
Soooo, that new iPhone is fucking ugly, huh?
Spud

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #33890 on: September 12, 2019, 07:45:52 PM »
Might be going to Atlanta for a week or to for work. Being out of legal weed zones sounds ril tough

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #33891 on: September 12, 2019, 09:25:52 PM »
Brilliant idea, just gonna mix a bag of candy and throw some edibles in there

Actually fuck it, I’m gonna throw a cart in my bag, if they confiscate it, they confiscate it

Who’s in Atlanta? Probably gonna have at least one free weekend, can I buy you vodka soda or whatever healthy shit you drink, Snorenado? Prolly 28th-29th
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:15:43 PM by CatsCatsCats »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33892 on: September 13, 2019, 03:57:22 PM »
Just took doggo out for pee-pee times and saw a UPS truck pull up as I was closing the door.  The driver saw me as I was doing this.

Wasn't expecting anything, but figured I'd check so I pulled out my phone and started looking at Amazon- meanwhile the driver drops off some packages at the place right next door. 

As he walks away, I hear "I can see you."  :o

Is this creepy stalker?
:isthis
ど助平

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #33893 on: September 13, 2019, 04:02:44 PM »
You single white femaling a UPS driver?  He sounds scared. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33894 on: September 13, 2019, 04:25:48 PM »
You single white femaling a UPS driver?  He sounds scared.

Good- maybe my shit will start coming on time.  :punch
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #33895 on: September 13, 2019, 06:00:38 PM »
Just booked my flight for that business trip. I’m there 9/22 - 10/4 so hey south bire hit me up

shosta

« Reply #33896 on: September 13, 2019, 10:45:48 PM »
click a bore page

wait... wait...

scrolllllllll down
每天生气

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #33897 on: September 13, 2019, 11:35:48 PM »
Nav keys mandatory, yeah.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #33898 on: September 14, 2019, 03:57:47 AM »
*Tries Disney+*

WHERE ARE THE THEATRICAL SHORTS DISNEY!? FUCK OFF WITH THIS MARVEL CRAP.

Raist

« Reply #33899 on: September 17, 2019, 09:44:56 AM »
the king of the netherlands grew a beard

he looks like an actual king now :o

As far as I'm concerned that will only be true when his head isn't resting on his shoulders anymore :snob