Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 1492508 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: The NBA thread
« Reply #21060 on: January 23, 2019, 11:42:35 PM »
gross, Oladipo might be out for the season

benjipwns

« Reply #21061 on: January 25, 2019, 09:12:27 AM »
When I posted that he hadn't had his MRI yet :bolo

Also I totally did not know that Zion Williamson is like 285 pounds and built like Metta World Peace.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21062 on: January 28, 2019, 08:03:47 AM »
Welp.

benjipwns

« Reply #21063 on: January 28, 2019, 08:05:18 AM »
Agent Rich Paul has notified the New Orleans Pelicans that All-NBA forward Anthony Davis has no intention of signing a contract extension if and when presented one and that he has requested a trade, Paul told ESPN on Monday.

"Anthony wants to be traded to a team that allows him the chance to win consistently and compete for a championship," Paul said.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21064 on: January 28, 2019, 08:30:52 AM »
Yeah that’s what the welp was for  :lol

Fun week or so for New Orleans sports. Would rather him go to Celtics but we’ll probably end up with Lonzo and the re-emergence of his dad as a main character.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:04:58 AM by Akala »

benjipwns

« Reply #21065 on: January 28, 2019, 08:43:26 AM »
just messing with the trade machine a bit, there's not really a huge amount of great deals out there to make with Davis going to a "contender" (I included the two LA teams), especially since he makes $25 million

it's weird because he's one of the greatest players in the league, but I'm unsure if many of these teams would send their best asset for him, I think the Lakers would now deal Ingram for anything unlike last summer, but the Clippers wouldn't want to send Harris, and then you can't really make a compelling package, that's similar with a number of the other teams

it'd be kinda fun for the Raptors to put together a full fledged one-year one-shot mercenary squad targeted at the Warriors I suppose

BisMarckie

« Reply #21066 on: January 28, 2019, 08:48:35 AM »
So you're saying that he'll be traded to the Bulls for Jabari Parker. :hyper

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21067 on: January 28, 2019, 09:08:15 AM »
 :noooo

Nola

« Reply #21068 on: January 28, 2019, 09:17:02 AM »
just messing with the trade machine a bit, there's not really a huge amount of great deals out there to make with Davis going to a "contender" (I included the two LA teams), especially since he makes $25 million

it's weird because he's one of the greatest players in the league, but I'm unsure if many of these teams would send their best asset for him, I think the Lakers would now deal Ingram for anything unlike last summer, but the Clippers wouldn't want to send Harris, and then you can't really make a compelling package, that's similar with a number of the other teams

it'd be kinda fun for the Raptors to put together a full fledged one-year one-shot mercenary squad targeted at the Warriors I suppose

The Pels have no need to rush into trading him IMO.

Hopefully they just sit on it and let the market build itself.

You can't really get Boston into the mix unless they trade Kyrie, otherwise there are Rose rule implications that prevent anything before the summer....Which the Pels hopefully are open to letting this drag into if nothing lucrative pops up since Boston as of right now seems like the bidder with the most to offer.

If nothing else though, Loomis better have Demps' separation papers drafted up by the end of the week. If he is the guy that gets to rebuild his own mess I might just be done with two sports in one season.

benjipwns

« Reply #21069 on: January 28, 2019, 10:02:15 AM »
It does seem like an odd time to do this, less than two weeks before the deadline makes it even more unlikely for teams that aren't the Lakers to actually carve up their rosters. Now you've got a Dwightmare type situation where the best player has suggested he's already given up on the season or trying to make a playoff run pretty much.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21070 on: January 31, 2019, 03:57:30 PM »
Woj is saying Porzingis to the Mavs wtf

benjipwns

« Reply #21071 on: January 31, 2019, 04:07:14 PM »
He asked for a trade earlier today apparently and they decided to do it immediately, this is the package that sources were saying they were offering New Orleans for Davis but I wonder if that was some confusion now.
The Dallas Mavericks have agreed to a trade with the New York Knicks for All-Star forward Kristaps Porzingis, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Thursday.

The trade also includes the Knicks sending Courtney Lee and Tim Hardaway Jr. to the Mavericks in return for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr. and DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Wojnarowski. The deal may also include draft assets, sources said.
Earlier Thursday, Porzingis met with Knicks meeting and left franchise officials with the impression that he wanted to be traded, league sources told ESPN.

Porzingis can be a restricted free agent this summer.

There's been a strong disconnect between Porzingis and Knicks management in recent years, and it culminated in Thursday's meeting. He expressed concerns on the state of the franchise and his future with the organization, sources said.
Porzingis and his brother Janis, who is his agent, met with Knicks management on Thursday morning and discussed his frustration with the franchise's losing, its past dysfunction and his own uncertainty over creating sustainable organizational success, sources said.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:11:56 PM by benjipwns »

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #21072 on: January 31, 2019, 05:10:16 PM »
Mark Cuban quickly rebuilding with 2 generational talents :whew

benjipwns

« Reply #21073 on: January 31, 2019, 05:48:05 PM »
They'll have to wait an extra year now but they still have a max slot coming up too when Barnes and Powell expire.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #21074 on: January 31, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »
Spotrac has updated the Knicks roster but not the Mavs and now I can't fool around with the numbers.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21075 on: January 31, 2019, 05:55:40 PM »
Bazinga :rejoice
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #21076 on: January 31, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »
Spotrac has updated the Knicks roster but not the Mavs and now I can't fool around with the numbers.
They basically punted the expiring Jordan contract (and half of Matthews) a year by taking on Lee and Hardaway Jr. who will make $31 million next year. The latter is also on the books for $19 million the year after, so they'll need Powell and Barnes' expiring to get the full effect of what would have been the Matthews/Jordan expiring this offseason.

They should be able to fit in...say Anthony Davis because Barnes, Powell and Lee all expire that summer.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #21077 on: January 31, 2019, 10:15:08 PM »
Jesus, contract the Knicks.

benjipwns

« Reply #21078 on: January 31, 2019, 10:53:05 PM »
I don't think Jesus would take their front office job at this point.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

bluemax

Re: The NBA thread (Knicks gonna Knick)
« Reply #21080 on: February 02, 2019, 01:39:29 AM »
Woj says Pels consider Lakers initial offer so lowball that it isn't even worth responding to.

Kuzma/Ball/Rondo/Beasley/their mediocre first rounder.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #21081 on: February 02, 2019, 01:51:04 AM »
ESPN in a number of stories has indicated that Davis wants to go to the Lakers as a free agent anyway, and with Boston locked until the summer and now unsure about Irving, so the Pelicans may just make him stick around since there's no market unless the Raptors try to go for broke.

benjipwns

« Reply #21082 on: February 02, 2019, 03:51:41 AM »
Jason Kidd is in the discussion to be the next coach of the Los Angeles Lakers if they decide to move on from Luke Walton, according to Ric Bucher.

"Another development that I’m hearing is gaining momentum, and that’s the possibility of Jason Kidd returning to the coaching ranks by succeeding Luke Walton with the Lakers...now sources are saying that the Lakers have actually gotten back to him and that this has gone to the next level. And that if the Lakers do make a move on Luke – which, based on all of the rumblings, could happen sooner rather than later – Kidd appears to be very much in the mix and possibly is even the favorite," said Ric Bucher on his podcast.
you been drinkin Ric?

lol if true

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21083 on: February 02, 2019, 03:54:51 AM »
when do we get koachbe?  ::)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #21084 on: February 02, 2019, 08:28:40 PM »
Can someone explain this reference from Slate.com to me.

NC State was at home, which makes the Wolfpack’s futility even tougher to comprehend. Their performance represents the fewest points scored by a ranked program in the shot clock era. They went 16.7 percent from the field. They had more turnovers (10) than made field goals (9). It took them almost 15 minutes to reach double-digits, and that was during their better half of basketball on Saturday. The Wolfpack’s shot chart looks like someone playing Mortal Kombat with a Game Genie.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1091780783977558016

https://slate.com/culture/2019/02/nc-states-24-point-game-against-virginia-tech-is-one-for-the-record-books.html
sigh

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #21085 on: February 03, 2019, 02:15:46 PM »
blood everywhere.

benjipwns

« Reply #21086 on: February 03, 2019, 06:24:48 PM »
you can't explain Slate

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21087 on: February 03, 2019, 08:16:11 PM »
thought he was talking about slaent at first  :neogaf

benjipwns

« Reply #21088 on: February 03, 2019, 11:57:34 PM »
The Portland Trail Blazers agreed to a trade to acquire Cleveland Cavaliers forward Rodney Hood on Sunday, league sources told ESPN.

The Blazers will send the Cavaliers two second-round picks, one in 2021 and one in 2023, along with the expiring contracts of guards Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin IV, sources said.
Decent little move probably.

benjipwns

« Reply #21089 on: February 04, 2019, 04:08:09 PM »
Los Angeles Lakers president Magic Johnson made a more robust bid for New Orleans Pelicans All-Star Anthony Davis on Monday, offering multiple young players, including Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma, as well as draft picks and salary-cap relief to the Pelicans, league sources told ESPN.
offer em LeBron, Magic!

ToxicAdam

« Reply #21090 on: February 04, 2019, 04:53:21 PM »
The Cavs have turned Korver, Hood, Hill and Dekker into 7 draft picks.

1 first round and 6 2nd rounders. That's something, at least.

benjipwns

« Reply #21091 on: February 05, 2019, 09:01:42 PM »
Lakers have announced they are no longer going to bid against themselves for Davis :rofl

the Pels told you this weeks ago Magic

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

« Reply #21093 on: February 06, 2019, 01:21:53 AM »
BLOCKBUSTER:
the Lakers agreed in principle to trade guard Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and a second-round draft pick to the Detroit Pistons for guard Reggie Bullock

Beezy

« Reply #21094 on: February 06, 2019, 02:38:14 AM »

bluemax

« Reply #21095 on: February 06, 2019, 03:01:11 AM »
Prepping for the offseason! Also if they miss the playoffs then they keep their pick this year.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #21096 on: February 06, 2019, 03:01:47 AM »
Philadelphia has long-term plans for Harris, Jimmy Butler, Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons together, budgeting to re-sign and keep a new Big 4
Big 4? THEY GOT BOBAN THE LEGEND

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21097 on: February 06, 2019, 10:33:27 AM »
Shame they got rid of Shamet.  Of the few Sixers games I've caught this year, he really impressed me.
püp

benjipwns

« Reply #21098 on: February 06, 2019, 04:08:43 PM »
The Miami Heat are nearing a deal to send guard Tyler Johnson to the Phoenix Suns
The Detroit Pistons have agreed to trade forward Stanley Johnson to the Milwaukee Bucks for center Thon Maker

Nola

« Reply #21099 on: February 06, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »
The Sixers championship caliber ascension in contrast to the Pels second failed rebuild around AD is interesting to compare.

Yet somehow Sam Hinkie is unemployed and Dell Demps is closing in on a ten year anniversary with the team.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21100 on: February 06, 2019, 04:50:17 PM »
Could be worse, you could be the Bulls. :stahp

BisMarckie

« Reply #21101 on: February 06, 2019, 09:26:49 PM »
Case in point:

Bulls just traded Portis and Jabari for Otto Porter 
:stahp

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #21102 on: February 06, 2019, 11:24:23 PM »
blood everywhere.

Ah.  Makes sense now.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #21103 on: February 06, 2019, 11:51:00 PM »
trades, trades everywhere!
The Sacramento Kings are trading Justin Jackson and Zach Randolph to the Dallas Mavericks for Harrison Barnes
The Houston Rockets are acquiring guard Iman Shumpert in a three-way deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Sacramento Kings, league sources told ESPN.

The Rockets will send guard Brandon Knight, forward Marquese Chriss and a 2019 lottery protected first-round pick to the Cavaliers, league sources said.

The Cavaliers will send guard Alec Burks to the Kings, and guards Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin to the Rockets
The Washington Wizards have agreed to send forward Markieff Morris to the New Orleans Pelicans for forward Wesley Johnson
The Miami Heat traded guards Tyler Johnson and Wayne Ellington to the Phoenix Suns for veteran forward Ryan Anderson
The Washington Wizards have agreed to trade forward Otto Porter Jr. to the Chicago Bulls for forwards Bobby Portis and Jabari Parker, a league source confirmed to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The deal includes a 2023 second-round pick to the Wizards

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21104 on: February 07, 2019, 12:40:54 AM »
Barnes got traded away from the Mavs during halftime. :heh
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #21105 on: February 07, 2019, 01:09:25 AM »
Wizards got themselves under the tax!

benjipwns

« Reply #21106 on: February 07, 2019, 01:32:46 AM »
The Lakers are running low on hope that the Pelicans will engage them before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, the sources said.
:lol THEY TOLD YOU THIS MAGIC

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21107 on: February 07, 2019, 09:37:54 AM »
Lebron and the Lakers getting rolled by the Pelicans gives me life.
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #21108 on: February 07, 2019, 10:41:36 AM »
I mean, what did they expect?  Why even try going for broke midway through the season for AD?  Just sign him in the off season. 
püp

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #21109 on: February 07, 2019, 10:56:33 AM »
He can’t opt out until 2020 and lebrons already 34

e: their young core is also shit, so...

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21110 on: February 07, 2019, 10:57:34 AM »
The Lakers are running low on hope that the Pelicans will engage them before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, the sources said.
:lol THEY TOLD YOU THIS MAGIC

Don't they know that they're not just getting Lonzo Ball, but also access to the entire Big Baller franchise?
©@©™

Nola

« Reply #21111 on: February 07, 2019, 03:16:06 PM »
He can’t opt out until 2020 and lebrons already 34

e: their young core is also shit, so...

Plus why trade now?

That team is a clown show and Magic and AD/Klutch/Lebron's attempted public hustle just made the locker room worse, decent to fair chance they don't even make the playoffs.

Why trade them AD for first rounders and trash now when you can get that same first rounder in the Summer and it will be much better? Plus Boston can get into the mix and you'll know whether the Knicks will get the number one pick.

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #21112 on: February 07, 2019, 03:29:12 PM »
Iirc, Boston knows that ad won’t resign with them. Lakers are gonna add Carmelo. That team is getting swept in the first if they even make the playoffs. Fultz is going to Orlando for Jonathan Simmons and picks. Kanter got bought out and Boston is looking to pick him up. Wes is in Indiana now.

e: bucks dealt Stanley immediately for Mirotic and now New Orleans has a bunch of unprotected picks from Washington in 2020 and 2021 :whew
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:34:29 PM by jakefromstatefarm »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #21113 on: February 07, 2019, 03:46:45 PM »
last night I watched the Warriors blow out the Spurs' asshole by 40 points. I don't know why I even watch Warriors games anymore.
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #21114 on: February 07, 2019, 04:17:48 PM »

:lol kawakami still a dumb biaaaatch. I remember when Al had him thrown out of the raidahs presser, good times  :'(

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #21115 on: February 07, 2019, 05:37:37 PM »
lakers trading zubac for nothing  :lol :lol :lol

bluemax

« Reply #21116 on: February 08, 2019, 02:51:46 AM »
Clippers suddenly have cap space AND assets. What a time to be alive.
NO

ToxicAdam

« Reply #21117 on: February 08, 2019, 08:53:16 AM »
Rondo hit a game-winning buzzer beater, then hugged Lebron James at midcourt to allow the Lakers to defeat Kyrie Irving's Boston Celtics.

That statement would've seemed so weird 5 years ago.

benjipwns

« Reply #21118 on: February 08, 2019, 01:10:34 PM »
this fucking trade deadline man, after years of nothing

Milwaukee, Philly and Toronto :whoo

The Clippers moves were masterful, them and the Nets have really snuck into a great position the last two seasons.

benjipwns

« Reply #21119 on: February 08, 2019, 01:11:28 PM »