Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 207576 times)

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Dark Souls
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:55:13 PM »
trailer:

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
http://tgs.gamespot.com/video/6276384/

I am fapping so hard.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:45:11 PM by bork laser »
BiSH

Third

• BODY TALK
Re: Project Dark aka Demon's Souls 2
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 03:00:34 PM »
Yeah, looks like Demon's Souls.  :heartbeat

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
GOTY 2011
:9

Himu

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:17:21 PM »
boner
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 03:20:34 PM »
I haven't finished DS yet. It's one of those games that I find to be absolutely fantastic, but I can't stand playing it in bulk. I don't know why I don't find it addicting because it's my type of game, but I have to be in the right mood to play Demon's Souls.
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 03:31:10 PM »
:omg

excited.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »
demon's souls x cheevos = <3
duc

Rman

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »
My Amazon 20 dollar promotional copy of Demon's Souls 1 just came in the mail today.

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 04:11:30 PM »
So awesome. Cannot wait.
野球

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 04:11:49 PM »
BiSH

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 04:44:47 PM »
looks like shit, unlike DS.
Drunk

jiji

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »
sproioioiooing

looks like shit, unlike DS.
:lol

Remember how DS looked at TGS '08?
OTL

Bebpo

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »
Amazing.  I will camp outside the game store alone for the midnight launch.

Damian79

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 10:15:18 PM »
I didnt like demon souls for some reason.  Hopefully the use of potions will be better this game.

maxy

• Sales Loser
cat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 04:48:07 AM »
Dark Souls sounds good to me. Just gimme the next trailer so I can have something to be very very excite for.
BiSH

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 04:53:38 PM »
Bumping this thread instead of having all of the Dark Souls discussion in the megathread.

Gamespot has a new preview up:
Before getting into the demo, Kajii wanted to make sure that everyone understood that this is another third-person action RPG that's very much about strategic, tactical swordplay. Like its challenging predecessor, he also made sure that we were all aware of how difficult Dark Souls was going to be. Death will come, and it will come often. So much in fact, that Kajii hopes that players will find it funny. Similar to the first game, you will play as a customizable hero but for the sake of a smoother flowing demo, the knight was fully equipped and all the HUD elements were turned off. After the initial tutorial, you'll find yourself in the middle of some old ruins, overrun with foliage and dilapidated stone structures. This is where you'll apparently be able to travel to different areas of the game, but in the demo we ventured up some steps off to the side to try and sneak past a slumbering dragon that's perched on a stone overpass. Undead warriors greeted the knight as he made his way up the steps and Kajii pointed out that you'll need to be much more aware of your surroundings this time around, as you'll find that enemies will come after you in all directions.

Arrows, Molotov cocktails are just some of the things being tossed your way as you try to fend off enemies right in front of you. The dragon, which remained sound asleep, will wake up if you make too much noise and if you want to snag the treasure right next to it, you're going to have to be very quiet about it. In this part of the demo, the goal was to reach the castle grounds and we watched as the knight moved through narrow corridors, walkways and climbed battlements. A boss waited for us at the end of this area, a big brute with horns and an enormous club. It was slow, but there were archers on the parapet that made it difficult to focus. We watched as the knight climbs up the ladder and took out the archers, and eventually returned to the top and jumped off onto the head of the beast for some extra bloody damage. Kajii explained that Dark Souls lets you play how you want to play, by giving you the option to use a variety of weapons that will all perform differently. It all depends on your play style and what you feel comfortable with. You can duel wield different weapon types if you prefer and there are more than 100 types in the game.

Like in Demon's Souls, the world is vast and created with great detail for you to explore. Everything that you see in the horizon can be reached in some way, so it's on you to tread carefully through the world. The atmosphere and lighting that made Demon's Soul stand out was also present here and equally impressive, from what we've seen of the various areas. After the boss, we moved to a misty dark forest area with moss-covered trees. Here we saw another example of the type of character you can play as. Kajii called him an onion knight, as he was a short, rotund fellow who even rolls clumsily when he does his dodge roll. In the next area we got a brief glimpse of what was described as an "underground hell," sparsely decorated with decaying trees, temples and lava flowing all around.

The final area that we visited also happens to be the developer's favorite and we can see why. It's nicknamed "Trap Road" and the entire dungeon is packed with booby traps and other fun ways to die. Deadly arrows will shoot out of nowhere, and of course there is a narrow path and the only way to get past is to weave through a row of swinging pendulum blades. Spells will once again be available to you, including one that coats you in solid iron to protect you from damage. You can't roll with this spell however, but you'll be well protected against attacks. Another feature that we saw is that you have the ability to turn into a vase, and tuck yourself among other vases to hide from other players. Like before, all the online integrated features will be included, so players can once again play together or against one another.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/projectdark/news.html?sid=6297337&mode=previews&tag=hotslot%3Bimg%3B1

More info at the link. Gamespot voted Demon's Souls as GOTY, so clearly their opinion is to be trusted.
BiSH

Raban

• The baby...
Re: Dark Souls - 2011 Worldwide
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »
:bow :bow :bow :bow
:hump :hump :hump :hump
SRY

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »
Better quality screens and trailer here, with some amazing concept art: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_dark_souls_trailer_and_screens-10507_en.html

This is my most anticipated game of all time. Or it's at least tied with Ninja Gaiden 2. The stakes are high, but From will deliver. I love them for not making any compromises and cranking it up to 11. :bow
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:03:41 PM by iconoclast »
BiSH

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 08:18:03 PM »
Another feature we saw is your ability to turn into a vase and tuck yourself among other vases to hide from other players.

This will probably be the only game I get day 1 all year, if I got money maybe DNF and ES V too.
◕‿◕

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »
Looks just like a typical medium-budget PC game.  They should just do a little bit of extra work and port it over to the PC, along with a level editor. 

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 08:33:29 PM »
Another feature we saw is your ability to turn into a vase and tuck yourself among other vases to hide from other players.

This will probably be the only game I get day 1 all year, if I got money maybe DNF and ES V too.

2011 is unbeatable.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Much Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets
Dark Souls
Catherine
More Cave ports and shooters in general
Duke and Bulletstorm might be good

I don't need any other games all year to be honest.
BiSH

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40:42 PM »
This and Skyrim is all I need
:9

naff

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 08:48:37 PM »

2011 is unbeatable.

Yup. Most exciting line up in years, seems that way for people with all sorts of taste as well. Too bad I've spent too much money this summer, have nothing saved and am going back to being a poor student again in 4 weeks  :'(
◕‿◕

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »

2011 is unbeatable.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Dark Souls
Catherine

Deus Ex 3, Skyrim, Portal 2, Dungeon Siege 3, Two Worlds 2, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Rage, Crysis 2, FEAR 3, Dragon Age 2, Homefront, The Witcher 2, Red Faction: Armageddon, Torchlight 2, Brink, Far Cry 3, Batman: Arkham City, Guild Wars 2, Saints Row 3.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 09:34:07 PM »
gonna be an awesome steam holiday sale this year
sup

Smooth Groove

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »

2011 is unbeatable.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Dark Souls
Catherine

Deus Ex 3, Skyrim, Portal 2, Dungeon Siege 3, Two Worlds 2, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Rage, Crysis 2, FEAR 3, Dragon Age 2, Homefront, The Witcher 2, Red Faction: Armageddon, Torchlight 2, Brink, Far Cry 3, Batman: Arkham City, Guild Wars 2, Saints Row 3.

Addendum is much better. 

Also, don't forget it's year of the triples for the triple. 

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »

Yeah, lots of good games this year. But I'm only really excited for the cream of the crop ;)
BiSH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 10:41:48 PM »
My wallet can't handle all of it so I'm gonna base my purchasing decision in the hands of The Bore again this year.
©ZH

cool breeze

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 10:51:42 PM »
yeah, this year is nuts and I have considerably less time to play them  :-\

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 11:30:35 PM »
GameFly for the quickies, PayDay Fridays for the rest
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 04:09:15 AM »
Namco Bandai has signed a partnership deal with hit Japanese developer/publisher From Software.

The deal means Namco Bandai will handle publishing duties for the firm’s games in the US and Europe. It was announced at Namco's Ignite event in San Francisco.

As revealed yesterday, the spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls – Dark Souls – is the first game to come out of the new deal. It will launch on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this year.

The original title was a PS3 exclusive, and was published by Sony in Japan.

For Namco Bandai UK, it is one of their biggest titles of the year. Marketing director Lee Kirton told MCV: "We want to make this the leading title in its genre this year."

The arrangement also means Namco Bandai will publish Armored Core V in Europe and the US. That game is due for release in 2012.
cat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 06:34:45 AM »
Namco :rock

I guess this means all of From's games will get zero advertising and be sent to die.
BiSH

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 07:52:06 AM »
can't defeat the dragon? buy this dragon slayer sword

only 1000 MS points!

because scamco cares!
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 10:43:26 AM »

I guess this means all of From's games will get zero advertising and be sent to die.

Oh, and don't forget nickle-and-dime DLC out the wazoo!
dog

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »

This time she is taking her sparkly-twinkly by force.
BiSH

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »
Dark(Demon) Souls fanbase is like Killzone 2 fanbase,gifs everywhere

/runs

cat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 12:59:43 PM »
Another preview:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/03/there-is-no-safe-zone-in-dark-souls-says-producer-hidetaka-miyazaki/
"There’s no safe place in Dark Souls," Miyazaki laughed. "My goal is to kill all players who think there is a safe zone in Dark Souls."

The wait for this game is going to be torturous. :'(
BiSH

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 01:04:56 PM »
"There’s no safe place in Dark Souls," Miyazaki laughed. "My goal is to kill all players who think there is a safe zone in Dark Souls."

I'M CUMMING EVERYWHERE
SRY

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Re: Dark Souls (PS3/360) - 2011 Worldwide
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 03:52:07 PM »

It probably won't.
Unzip

Bebpo

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »

Namco Bandai isn't publishing it in Japan, so they don't control DLC :P

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 11:20:21 PM »
I'm still flabbergasted Demon's Souls was successful. Did people all of a sudden start having good taste?
SRY

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 07:36:26 AM »
i was one of the few who didn't shit on it during its tgs showing :rock

true gamer :rock

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:'(
[close]

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »
I'm still flabbergasted Demon's Souls was successful. Did people all of a sudden start having good taste?

It bombed afaik... but climbed and climbed from word of mouth and must have passed the invisible line set by publisher to "moderate success"
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2011, 09:48:35 AM »
Yeah it's all about low invisible lines,i don't think that it will perform much better than Demon Souls if it launches in November,December

cat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2011, 04:36:19 PM »
I thought Demon's Souls was just another mediocre game that Sfags hyped into oblivion because they have nothing else to play (ie. Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted, etc), but I figured I'd buy the US release when it came out, and as it turns out, DS actually lives up to the hype. Best game this generation by a mile.
BiSH

naff

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2011, 04:40:27 PM »

It bombed afaik... but climbed and climbed from word of mouth and must have passed the invisible line set by publisher to "moderate success"

It's Atlus's most successful game ever. 1,000,000+ sales worldwide, > 550 in NA too...
◕‿◕

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »
and it debuted with something around 100K in its first month, far outselling most Atlus games in their entire run.

but Namco was the Euro publisher, so this makes sense them moving it and pining some decent hopes for its performance.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011, 01:20:41 AM »
Another interview: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ignite-11-dark-souls/710266

I'm glad this game is getting lots of coverage. Keep it coming Namco/From/whoever :rock
BiSH

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2011, 02:05:04 AM »
I thought Demon's Souls was just another mediocre game that Sfags hyped into oblivion because they have nothing else to play (ie. Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted, etc), but I figured I'd buy the US release when it came out, and as it turns out, DS actually lives up to the hype. Best game this generation by a mile.

Cant forget the day the xfag emperor shitted the game from a great height  :lol

was funny the game seemingly got better

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2011, 09:36:29 AM »

It's Atlus's most successful game ever. 1,000,000+ sales worldwide, > 550 in NA too...

I wasnt referring to the US release. Nobody knew or gave two shits what "Demons Souls" was. Then people started importing Asian version and talk began spreading across the land...
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2011, 01:13:58 PM »
I'm about to start Demons Souls... if anyone wants to replay it or do some co-op or something let me know. I dont know how coop works in this, anyway.
fat

Himu

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2011, 01:25:45 PM »

I thought Atlus just published in NA
IYKYK

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
I'm about to start Demons Souls... if anyone wants to replay it or do some co-op or something let me know. I dont know how coop works in this, anyway.

This is the only part most people didn't find attractive about the game: how difficult  it can be if you wish to play co-op with people on your list. There are some restrictions enforced by the game that can complicate things...

The servers do enforce level restrictions, so a host cannot summon co-op helpers or be invaded by enemy PvP players who are not close to the same level. However, if you are invading then the other player is considered the host, which means they would be higher level than the reverse.

The level restrictions are always based on the host, who is the person not in soul form. If you are within their range, they can summon you, or you can invade them. So, while a high level character might be able to summon you, the reverse might not be true.

An example of this is a 144 player can summon a 119, but a 119 player cannot summon anyone greater than 140. The exact formula is : Host Soul level +/- (Host Soul Level * .1) + 10. You then take that result and always round the answer down. You can use the Level Range tool to calculate this information.

In Demon's Souls, a host player can team up with two1 other players online to form a group of adventurers for a single level. The host, who must be alive (in physical body form), will see a bright Blue Soul Sign (a message marker left by another player in soul form, using Blue Eye Stone). The host can view how many times that player was online, and their ranking. The host can then choose to summon that player, who will arrive in soul form as a Blue Phantom.

The host and Blue Phantoms all receive souls for their hard work, and can team up to take out bosses even faster and safer. While you can place a Blue Soul Sign anywhere in the world, the host may only summon blue phantoms for co-op in levels that have not yet been rid of their Boss Demon. After beating a boss, all surviving Blue Phantoms will regain their physical bodies, and go back to their own worlds, but they will not progress in their own games. For example, you will not get a trophy for helping a host player beat the boss. You have to beat it in your own game.

Although there is the option of summoning 1 or 2 Blue Phantoms, there's also the Soul Level range factor, which restricts certain co-op with other players. You must be within the level range of the summoning player. See Level Restrictions above.

Whether you complete the boss fight or die in the other players world you will always be transferred back to your world. If you died from anything other than a Black Phantom, you will be returned to your world with all the souls collected and your health and MP full. If you died to a Black Phantom, you will lose half of your souls. As the co-op session ends, each player is permitted to rate the other player(s) on a grade system which stays with the character, so that in the future, other players can know how good (or bad) a certain player is. From best to worst, the ratings are "S", "A", "B", "C", "D", and "E."

Because the co-op system is not based on your friends list or explicit in-game matchmaking, it can be hard to coordinate co-op with specific players. If you are trying to co-op with an individual, it can be done, but be attentive to the rules, especially the level restrictions and the ability for the host to summon only in levels with the boss not yet defeated. It can help if the Blue Phantom puts their Blue Eye Stone in an uncommon place. It can be annoying to get summoned to a random host if you were trying to meet someone specific. If you want to find someone to play with, here are some PSN IDs you can contact to try and arrange co-op.

Most people I know use it when they get stuck a certain part or boss, while in body form, so they drop the blue stone and the game will automatically search for the candidates. The blue souls will help you with that boss and that's it, they disconnect you. It doesn't encourages long co-op plays with the same people, and doesn't allow you anyone into your hub world, iirc.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:38:42 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »
So I might as well ask some questions:

- Some messages have been helpful, but what do the ones saying "Recommend this message" mean? Is that some joke?

- Are people intentionally jumping off the stairs i the Nexus from all thsoe bloodstains? lol

- What is the penalty for dying in the various forms? I died when I accidentally slipped off a high ledge in the first area, and I lost all my souls. I just shut it off cause it was so early, I'll replay from the start.

- When I get my body back, do I for any reason want to become Soul Form? Or is the point to not become Soul Form.

I chose Temple Knight cause it seemed like an "ok" starter class, and it could at least heal itself.
fat

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
So I might as well ask some questions:

- Some messages have been helpful, but what do the ones saying "Recommend this message" mean? Is that some joke?

- Are people intentionally jumping off the stairs i the Nexus from all thsoe bloodstains? lol

- What is the penalty for dying in the various forms? I died when I accidentally slipped off a high ledge in the first area, and I lost all my souls. I just shut it off cause it was so early, I'll replay from the start.

- When I get my body back, do I for any reason want to become Soul Form? Or is the point to not become Soul Form.

I chose Temple Knight cause it seemed like an "ok" starter class, and it could at least heal itself.

- Whenever someone "Recommends" a message you left, you get full heal in your game. People like to leave those before boss fights hoping to get healed a couple of times during the fight if they're lucky enough. Players "Recommending" a message to the hundreds are kinda stupid though, since the writer wouldn't need the help by the time it reaches that number.

- I used to jump off the stairs and kill myself too lol. I do it whenever I beat a boss and regain my body, because every time you die in body form the tendency of world you died in will reduce by one point towards black, so that can mess up your plans to convert any world to pure white. I choose to die in the Nexus since it doesn't follow those rules or have a world tendency.

- When you die in soul form, nothing happens. You'll only lose all the souls you collected up until at that point and go back to the beginning of the level. If you reach the point where you died and left your bloodstain -without dying again- you'll regain the lost souls, otherwise you'll form a new bloodstain with the measly number of new souls you collected and the old one will get erased.

When you die in body form, however, you'll move one point towards the black tendency (-1 world tendency point). Die enough times in a certain level while in body form and you'll convert the world to pure black and get your ass raped: enemies have more HP and powerful attacks, but release more souls, certain NPC Black Phantoms start roaming the level.

- As I mentioned before, the only advantage I see in killing myself as soon as I regain my body, is to try to manipulate the world tendencies and stop them from shifting. Don't be scared of playing in soul form, you're bound to play the majority of the game in that form. You'll eventually get used to playing the game with 50% of your max health, which btw you can be bumped to 70% if you equip the Cling Ring which you find in the first level (1-1).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:06:55 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2011, 05:18:31 PM »
You should visit this site for help: demonssouls.wikidot.com

Hands down, the best site for game; very detailed maps, boss techniques, equipments, spells/miracles, stats, world tendency events and info, etc.
Unzip

Smooth Groove

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
Alright, gonna give this another try today.  Give me some quick nub advice.  All I know is that I need to start with Royal. 

Where can I find a good sword?  A sword is my preferred weapon for games like this. 

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »
If you go with Royal you'll start with a Rapier. It's not the best sword to start with so you'll be forced to rely on the Soul Arrow spell, which is very helpful at the first few levels. As you move on you'll obviously start collecting different types of swords (slashing, piercing, and giant types for example). After some experimentation, stick with the type you like the most, and start looking at the best type of upgrade that would compliment your play-style. Almost all types of upgrades can be applied to the base weapons and give the same bonuses; "sharp", "crescent", and "blessed" upgrades for example can be applied to almost all types of weapons.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/upgrade

In my case for example: My character had a high magic stat, so I stuck with Crescent weapons since they give a nice magic bonus to my weapons' attacks. I ended up choosing the Falchion for a base weapon (slash sword, causes bleeding). A nice "Crescent Falchion +1" that's available in world 4-1 made that decision pretty easy, I upgraded that to +5 and stuck with it for the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:27:54 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »
My favorite thing about co-op in DS is how it's not really co-op. You just basically summon some guys to help you out if you're stuck on a hard part.

Only time I ever summoned a blue phantom was on 1-5, and he died on the dragons before the boss, disconnected, then sent me a rage mail. lul

I'm gonna resume the character I started in the last DS thread now that I'm done with Bionic Commando. Gonna finally get dat Platinum.
BiSH