Author Topic: The Official Psychoanalysis GAF Thread  (Read 5049563 times)

Himu

Re: The Official Psychoanalysis GAF Thread
« Reply #39660 on: February 27, 2013, 07:36:26 PM »
Ew girl. Stay away from that thai.

:lol

I feel like I'm missing out on that thai (I've never had it before.) Its the milk that hits me the wrong way  :-[

You may be lactose intolerant! Cut on milk!
IYKYK

nudemacusers

« Reply #39661 on: February 27, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
I wish there better analogies to described being trans, not like the "imagine if you had to go into women's bath/wear tutu/etc" ones. I remember reading a Mac/Windows OS one, like you're a Windows with a Mac OS inside you or something of the sort. Just something palatable that the average person would get.
"It's like going your whole life eating Applebees until one day you read about Macaroni Grill, and you kinda like that more".

also:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48461282&postcount=455

maybe i'm weird but i've never had to fantasize to get it up with the missus lol  :-\
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Lan

« Reply #39662 on: February 27, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
Ew girl. Stay away from that thai.

I feel like I'm missing out on that thai (I've never had it before.) Its the milk that hits me the wrong way  :-[

You may be lactose intolerant! Cut on milk!

Milk has got a strong hold on me

nudemacusers

« Reply #39663 on: February 27, 2013, 07:54:09 PM »
i think i'm becoming mildly intolerant. butter is ok in small amounts, but milk just leaves me gross and feeling 'saturated' if that makes sense. maybe that's just part of getting old  :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #39664 on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:45 PM »
Considering I already have depression and according to my therapist says the gender thing is at the heart if it, I'd say so.

eh, I find it weird when people question others about things like this. If you say your trans then I believe you are trans until you tell me otherwise.

well considering how much time people spend trying to discredit others, act like the shit theyre feeling its real, act like theyre doing it for disingenuous reasons, etc it seems sadly normal for others to feel they have the right to doubt/question others when hearing them talk about their own feelings or experiences
pcp

Lan

« Reply #39665 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »
Considering I already have depression and according to my therapist says the gender thing is at the heart if it, I'd say so.

eh, I find it weird when people question others about things like this. If you say your trans then I believe you are trans until you tell me otherwise.

well considering how much time people spend trying to discredit others, act like the shit theyre feeling its real, act like theyre doing it for disingenuous reasons, etc it seems sadly normal for others to feel they have the right to doubt/question others when hearing them talk about their own feelings or experiences

Why does what a person identify with matter so much to people online? Even if they might pretend to be a girl when they are really a guy, why is that so important to stop asap? Is it because you thought about spitting game to them? Well maybe don't hit on everyone who claims to be a girl before getting to know them.

Its a shame because once you say your a girl online you have to display your picture for proof. I say I don't need to prove shit and will never prove shit because most peoples opinion online are void to me anyways. 

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #39666 on: February 27, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »
if I don't know who you really are how can I properly dominate and shame you with my favored types of social oppression
pcp

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39667 on: February 27, 2013, 09:04:19 PM »
The only reason people need to be outed is if they're speaking absolute bullshit as if it's fact and little dumbass virgins don't know any better. That is all.

Lan

« Reply #39668 on: February 27, 2013, 09:04:25 PM »
so its the revenge of the nerds syndrome.

Lan

« Reply #39669 on: February 27, 2013, 09:07:52 PM »
The only reason people need to be outed is if they're speaking absolute bullshit as if it's fact and little dumbass virgins don't know any better. That is all.

I can't even care enough to correct someone about something like that.

Ok, their not a girl...  ::) My life is some how changed now that the "truth" is out?

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39670 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:33 PM »

Ok, their not a girl...  ::) My life is some how changed now that the "truth" is out?

Nothing is changed for you, you're just less likely to see idiots taking their shit to be true.

Lan

« Reply #39671 on: February 27, 2013, 09:26:39 PM »

Nothing is changed for you, you're just less likely to see idiots taking their shit to be true.

The only reason I could see someone wanting that is if they were looking for validation online and they suddenly found that all the boys were after a fake female.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39672 on: February 27, 2013, 09:27:44 PM »
The only reason I could see someone wanting that is if they were looking for validation online and they suddenly found that all the boys were after a fake female.

Oh dear. Here we go again with your nonsense.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #39673 on: February 27, 2013, 09:33:29 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516730

What a screwed up industry, I could do all that work in less time at better quality in my bedroom over the weekend for half the cost! How hard could it possibly be?

And hiring all these people to do different specialized jobs? Just get one guy to do all of it, jeez!

This guy gets it:
This is bat shit insane, it's incredible what kind of comically bloated monetary value people are willing to place on their time and efforts. Nothing about adding a character to this game even comes close to having this much worth. This is something I would expect a single artistically inclined modder could do his spare time for $0--not 8 "professionals" 10 weeks with most of the work contracted out.

Lan

« Reply #39674 on: February 27, 2013, 09:35:06 PM »

Oh dear. Here we go again with your nonsense.

explain to me why you care if people believe someone is female when they aren't?

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39675 on: February 27, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »
explain to me why you care if people believe someone is female when they aren't?

Nope. Explain to me why you care so much about it? See, I can play your stupid game too.

Lan

« Reply #39676 on: February 27, 2013, 09:41:49 PM »

Nope. Explain to me why you care so much about it? See, I can play your stupid game too.

Why do I care? Because its disturbing to see people that feel a need to "out" someone. Its not affecting you unless there is a underlying insecurity that you might have that causes you to want to "out" someone.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:44:38 PM by Lan »

Lan

« Reply #39677 on: February 27, 2013, 09:44:22 PM »
if I don't know who you really are how can I properly dominate and shame you with my favored types of social oppression

Positive Touch, I understand what you are saying.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39678 on: February 27, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »
Why do I care? Because its disturbing to see people that feel a need to "out" someone. Its not affecting you unless there is a underlying insecurity that you might have that causes you to want to "out" someone.

Why do you care if it's a troll? What are they actually adding to discussion other than complicating discussions?

nudemacusers

« Reply #39679 on: February 27, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
 :owoah :whew :manny
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

hampster

« Reply #39680 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »
I wish there better analogies to described being trans, not like the "imagine if you had to go into women's bath/wear tutu/etc" ones. I remember reading a Mac/Windows OS one, like you're a Windows with a Mac OS inside you or something of the sort. Just something palatable that the average person would get.

My elementary/middle school's colors were blue and green and as a result we were divided into blue and green teams. The team you were assigned in kindergarten stayed with you until you graduated in 8th grade. I was assigned to the green team but deep down blue was my favorite color. I spent years trying to believe I liked the color green when in reality I hated it :yuck It wasn't until high school when I could truly embrace my love for the color blue

That's probably not the same thing :-\
Zzz

StealthFan

• Swings Both Ways
« Reply #39681 on: February 27, 2013, 10:28:01 PM »
Oh boy Lan is posting again. Someone grab me a noose so I don't have to cope with this.
reckt

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #39682 on: February 27, 2013, 10:30:04 PM »

Positive Touch, I understand what you are saying.

:daps
pcp

benjipwns

« Reply #39683 on: February 27, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48431970&postcount=139
The PS4 GPU is a 7 series GPU (like a 7850). The 660 is a 6 series GPU, so it's the last gen model. The PS4 is basically a supercharged PC so no, you can't run 1080p full hd on a 660. Plus it's not enough ram (2gb vs 8gb ddr5)

« Reply #39684 on: February 27, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »

What a screwed up industry, I could do all that work in less time at better quality in my bedroom over the weekend for half the cost! How hard could it possibly be?

And hiring all these people to do different specialized jobs? Just get one guy to do all of it, jeez!

This guy gets it:
This is bat shit insane, it's incredible what kind of comically bloated monetary value people are willing to place on their time and efforts. Nothing about adding a character to this game even comes close to having this much worth. This is something I would expect a single artistically inclined modder could do his spare time for $0--not 8 "professionals" 10 weeks with most of the work contracted out.

My favorite person in that thread is the software engineer who thinks that his experience as a software engineer of undisclosed projects lends credibility to his analysis. I've worked professionally as a full-time software developer for six years now, and studied Computer Science for four years before that, but none of that gives me much more of an understanding of the scope of making a 2D fighting game than the fry cook at McDonald's. Why? Because I don't work on 2D fighting games.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39685 on: February 27, 2013, 11:49:57 PM »
My favorite person in that thread is the software engineer who thinks that his experience as a software engineer of undisclosed projects lends credibility to his analysis. I've worked professionally as a full-time software developer for six years now, and studied Computer Science for four years before that, but none of that gives me much more of an understanding of the scope of making a 2D fighting game than the fry cook at McDonald's. Why? Because I don't work on 2D fighting games.

The internet is the best place to talk completely our of your ass about subjects and pretend just about anything lends credibility to your argument.

benjipwns

« Reply #39686 on: February 27, 2013, 11:50:34 PM »
Then there's the guy who is in IT and has worked on a NUMBER of IT projects and knows nothing using computers should cost this much. Or the guy who works part-time and draws in his free time and figured he could do it all for under $150k if they gave him the time to learn.

I like all the suggestions that the art is simple so why would it take all this time to do? You just draw the character, maybe five or six poses and you're set right? Just alter it on a computer, don't outsource it, that's bad management!

Besides, open heart transplants only cost $130,000!

And the cost analysis somebody did with "assume the employees are working 25% of the time."  :lol

« Reply #39687 on: February 27, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »

That really puts things in perspective.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #39688 on: February 28, 2013, 12:03:38 AM »
God I love Euro bore

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #39689 on: February 28, 2013, 12:43:00 AM »
I'm confused

what happens to your nicca dick himu

aaaaaaand of course its a top-pager
püp

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #39690 on: February 28, 2013, 12:43:21 AM »
The internet is full of arm chair idiots, who would have thought  ::)

benjipwns

« Reply #39691 on: February 28, 2013, 01:19:19 AM »
Well, I don't think you would expect people on the internet to misrepresent themselves. For one thing, it's dishonest. And maybe you could see that type of thing in the early days, but the internet has been around for a few years now, you expect there to be strong checks and balances in place.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39692 on: February 28, 2013, 01:56:23 AM »
Then there's the guy who is in IT and has worked on a NUMBER of IT projects and knows nothing using computers should cost this much. Or the guy who works part-time and draws in his free time and figured he could do it all for under $150k if they gave him the time to learn.

I like all the suggestions that the art is simple so why would it take all this time to do? You just draw the character, maybe five or six poses and you're set right? Just alter it on a computer, don't outsource it, that's bad management!

And the cost analysis somebody did with "assume the employees are working 25% of the time."  :lol

Ex did a bunch of art for some stupid mobile game. The amount of shit he had to draw and redraw was insane considering it wasn't a complicated game. And yet here people are talking all kinds of shit.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #39693 on: February 28, 2013, 02:57:23 AM »
I've created an entire visual novel for like $5 and a bucket of hand sweat.

Of course if would never be able to be sold commercially because I stole every single sound in the game.

benjipwns

« Reply #39694 on: February 28, 2013, 03:04:06 AM »
Of course if would never be able to be sold commercially because I stole every single sound in the game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_of_the_Lost

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #39695 on: February 28, 2013, 03:07:23 AM »
Yeah that would be me :lol

I'd have sound artists down my throat about my hectic theft

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #39696 on: February 28, 2013, 03:44:57 AM »
Lan and cowbells   :lol
<コ:彡

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39697 on: February 28, 2013, 03:49:29 AM »
Lan's back to chafe my ass or something. I'm sure if someone was on the forums pretending to be Beyonce she'd get irritated.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #39698 on: February 28, 2013, 03:55:21 AM »
:lol One of the best GAF zingers I've seen in awhile, but it looks like he got banned for it:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48501152&postcount=11
:rofl

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #39699 on: February 28, 2013, 03:58:46 AM »
yeah, she does suck at eggs.  It took her like a year to get it right. 

another one of these:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516510

I get the gender arguments and am slowly getting used to the trend concept of feeling like a woman in your head, I guess.

I don't get why women who'd be uncomfortable with having a "guy" (to them) in the bathroom don't seem to have a choice in the matter.

There are people other than cis women in there whether those women know or not. If it's an innate fear of rape that means we have to deal with that problem itself.  Plus to project the idea that trans people are in there specifically to take that advantage is dumb.

It doesn't have to be an "innate fear" of rape, they could've actually been raped and be very uncomfortable with a cock in the ladies room.  But they don't have to have been raped to be uncomfortable, really.

I guess I've always associated bathrooms with physicality and not gender identity.  I don't have strong feelings one way or the other, but we have this very easy way of drawing the lines based on what's in your underwear, which has generally kept people happy for a long time.  It seems like pre-op, or whenever a person is still clearly physically their birth gender/sex/whateverits3inthemorning, the respectful thing to do is continue using the women's/men's room and ignore the word on the door.  One person's feelings on their gender identity can be temporarily put aside so many other people can feel secure in a private area.  I'm not sure I buy the "deal with it" argument, considering it takes literally nobody else's feelings into account.  But since it is just a physical thing, I think post-op, post-transformation, post-whatever, when they've made the switch, then it's a non-issue because no one will notice.

Get beat up by boys in boys restroom or use girls restroom.

I see that one person commented on Coy growing boy features hasn't heard of puberty blockers  :gurl

wow...you know it's easily argued that girls are just as, if not more vicious than guys at school, right?  The physical act of beating someone up is too outward for most guys to act on in school (at least, at a halfway civilized one.)  Maybe there's an asshole who is willing to cross that line.  But there's absolutely nothing from stopping someone from gossiping, insulting, and generally attacking that person in every way possible except physically...which is what school girls excel at. 

Goddamn, I get hormones in less than a month and that thread has me depressed. "It?" Treating this person like a sexual fiend? Ugh.  :sadcam

i'm sorry but haven't you gone back and forth on things like this before?  Seems like some of the jokes people make here about you have to do with you claiming to identify certain ways, then turning back.  I don't know anything, but I hope you're sure about this.   

...i'll show myself to the ignore list.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:00:24 AM by Don Flamenco »

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #39700 on: February 28, 2013, 04:11:40 AM »
At what point did you realize that you really didn't want to be a guy?

It isn't so much didn't want to be a guy. I'm not using the "always knew" bullshit. In my case all my friends were girls when I was really young. There were boys around but I always picked girls as friends and I had girl things as a main interest. At some point, you're told there's something wrong with that. So you start doing what how you're "supposed" to act. I still had interest in girl things but knew it was wrong to indulge.

Eventually, I just accepted I was a boy and stopped doing it. But it never goes away and it sticks with you. More than half my friends were girls going into middle school. I didn't know transgender or whatever Was even a thing. I called a hospital to turn me into a girl. I was pissed when they said this was not possible.

Anyways, you get to a point where you research what transgender is, think "that's me". After that depending on how willing I was to do it, I decided to go to therapy to see if my worries were legitimate. It is a long process. It didn't help that people like the people in that gaf thread make you doubt yourself so you don't even bother with it, and end up delaying it (I've delayed mine by five years).

It is less or a moment of "deciding I don't want to be a man" and more "saying fuck it, I'm doing it" after years of internal pressure.

What hentai doujin is this from?

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #39701 on: February 28, 2013, 05:29:01 AM »
Hi

hampster

« Reply #39702 on: February 28, 2013, 09:34:55 AM »

Forum posters with the intense desire to save people from "evil" crowd funding projects just shot up to the top of my shit list. I don't think I've seen a thread with so much information and first hand knowledge that some people flat out refuse to believe.

And for what? If you think its a scam then who gives a shit? Just ignore it and don't donate
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:00:52 AM by hampster »
Zzz

Sman

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #39704 on: February 28, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »
I'm confused

what happens to your nicca dick himu

aaaaaaand of course its a top-pager

asian businessmen have big ambitions to match their salaries.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
nat

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #39707 on: February 28, 2013, 12:04:28 PM »
 :troll
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #39708 on: February 28, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »
I swear to god himu I still think youre taking a piss with us.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #39709 on: February 28, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
:lol One of the best GAF zingers I've seen in awhile, but it looks like he got banned for it:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48501152&postcount=11

Squiddy

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #39710 on: February 28, 2013, 01:23:46 PM »
I swear to god himu I still think youre taking a piss with us.

Hey, maybe Himuro isn't.

Just let us know whether or not you want us to switch pronouns when referring to you, the leading up to the "reveal" period is always confusing.
<コ:彡

FStop7

« Reply #39711 on: February 28, 2013, 01:42:53 PM »

This guy gets it:

That thread became unsaveable the moment Feep - a guy who knows the Skullgirls people and did VO on the game, not to mention is now in the process of Kickstarting his second game - posted a bunch of factual shit that was COMPLETELY IGNORED by the fuckface squad because the facts get in the way of their mouthbreathing bullshit.  How is -that- not bannable?

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39712 on: February 28, 2013, 02:05:43 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48525400&postcount=717

Jesus.

Also the people talking about artwork are so full of shit it's amazing. As I mentioned earlier the ex worked on a simple mobile game, he was the only artist and was constantly drawing non-stop. The artwork was as simple as some of it gets but he still had to go through tons and tons of drafts. And this isn't a unique experience by any means. He was underpaid as fuck too.

hampster

« Reply #39713 on: February 28, 2013, 02:33:29 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48525400&postcount=717

Jesus.

Also the people talking about artwork are so full of shit it's amazing. As I mentioned earlier the ex worked on a simple mobile game, he was the only artist and was constantly drawing non-stop. The artwork was as simple as some of it gets but he still had to go through tons and tons of drafts. And this isn't a unique experience by any means. He was underpaid as fuck too.

I can't believe you used all those words. You could easily cut some out. Perhaps an emoticon in place of a sentence? Why isn't there a tool to reply for you?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:35:21 PM by hampster »
Zzz

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39714 on: February 28, 2013, 02:38:01 PM »
I can't believe you used all those words. You could easily cut some out. Perhaps an emoticon in place of a sentence? Why isn't there a tool to reply for you?

I need to get Trollomatic 2.0.

hampster

« Reply #39715 on: February 28, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »
Oh wow. Someone compared letting your kid play with an ipad with the password off to drunk driving in the "Son spends £1700 on free iPad game" thread :derp
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:09:01 PM by hampster »
Zzz

archnemesis

« Reply #39716 on: February 28, 2013, 03:08:29 PM »
Handing out the password to your kids is begging for trouble. The parents should just pay and learn their lesson.

I recently got a smartphone and thought I had a data plan with my provider. When I got my bill I realized I didn't and I was paying $2 per MB. Making stupid mistakes is an excellent way of learning.

nudemacusers

« Reply #39717 on: February 28, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
Actually what is most amazing about that skullgirls thread are the number of people who think outsourcing to specialists is incredibly dumb and inefficient means of production. Do everything in house! Who cares if it takes twice and long and is double the cost!
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

« Reply #39718 on: February 28, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »
"Hi, I have never worked in a production company and don't have any artistic talent. I'm going to tell you how to do your job. Because internet."

- that thread
IYKYK

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #39719 on: February 28, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
Actually what is most amazing about that skullgirls thread are the number of people who think outsourcing to specialists is incredibly dumb and inefficient means of production. Do everything in house! Who cares if it takes twice and long and is double the cost!

Seriously, they should also bind any books made too. Learn to sew you fucking lazy cunts.

I need to get Trollomatic 2.0.

You use cut and paste responses pretty effectively against thirsty dudes and sexists. Why not do the same for other arguments?

:sabu