Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken: 2013 Update Up  (Read 23375 times)

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
Just started playing this, went through Ryu's trials to get a feel for the game (his last one was a bitch). Right away I like how much hitstun this game has - Ryu's cr.MP, cr.MP, cr.HK link is much easier in this than SF4. Hopefully there aren't too many bnb combos with tight links.
BiSH

Robo

DLC and pricing announced:

FREE

Nine new gem packs totaling 60+ new gems
Replay analyzer
Tournament support for gem selection
Three new quick combo pre-sets
Three additional gem loadout slots
Three new color packs with four colors each

PAID

Swap Costumes – $1.00 (80 MSP) each or in two $13.00 (1040 MSP) Street Fighter and/or Tekken packs
DLC characters – $20.00 (1600 MSP) for all 12 new fighters
obo

Himu

This game is shit. I rented it for Xbox and it's more like Street Fighter than Tekken. I'll just wait for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, thanks.

that's the entire point of the game dude. play tekken x sf for a tekken take on it.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
DLC and pricing announced:

FREE

Nine new gem packs totaling 60+ new gems
Replay analyzer
Tournament support for gem selection
Three new quick combo pre-sets
Three additional gem loadout slots
Three new color packs with four colors each

PAID

Swap Costumes – $1.00 (80 MSP) each or in two $13.00 (1040 MSP) Street Fighter and/or Tekken packs
DLC characters – $20.00 (1600 MSP) for all 12 new fighters

Ready for a BIG SHOCK (no not really)?  Almost all this stuff is already on the disc.   :lol
ど助平

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
I almost picked this game today, but decided not to at the very last minute. How're we enjoying this game so far, girls?
Unzip

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I almost picked this game today, but decided not to at the very last minute. How're we enjoying this game so far, girls?

DLC-gate aside, it's a lot of fun.  The online sound issue is also going to be addressed soon when the tournament patch comes out.
ど助平

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
There's a tournament patch as well for this? I don't understand why they're still leaving that out. They always end up releasing it with the interest starts waning, and the mode is usually not revolutionary enough to bring back players. Either release it right away, or within the first 2 weeks. We know it's on disk as well.
Unzip

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
There's a tournament patch as well for this? I don't understand why they're still leaving that out. They always end up releasing it with the interest starts waning, and the mode is usually not revolutionary enough to bring back players. Either release it right away, or within the first 2 weeks. We know it's on disk as well.

The tourney patch relates to the gem set up...not sure if that's on the disc.  It's not a major thing.
ど助平

Robo

And it sounds like they're gonna wait until after they start rolling out these other updates before they begin to address the bugs and infinites, of which we're up to five, including this beautiful combo:

amazing  :bow
obo

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Is that just a regular kick and punch alternating ad infinitum? How the fuck do they not catch something like that? :lol
Hi

Robo

Oh, that's nothing.

obo

Akala

• Easy Victor
Played for like 10ins and Ehhhhh. Gonna have to have a sit down with it tomm. Feels kinda off, but then again, not sure what a proper controller config is. May have to bust out the hrap for this one.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
It's so dumb how they're releasing colors as DLC, even though everything's already there. All we have right now are the default costume colors and black and white to customize the characters with.

$20 is a fair price for the characters though. And I hope they don't ruin this game's netcode by "fixing" the sound issues by adding input delay. That would be the worst patch ever.
BiSH

Trent Dole

Oh, that's nothing.

FUCK BETA TESTING JUST GET IT OUT THERE WE NEED MORE MONEY OH GOD
:lol :lol :lol
Hi

MoxManiac

It's nice to play the Tekken characters in a good game
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken: Character DLC Now Out 7/31
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2012, 12:36:04 AM »
Capcom announced that the 12 character "DLC" is now coming out on 7/31.

Will this make a difference and breathe new life into the game?
ど助平

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2012, 12:38:40 AM »
Capcom announced that the 12 character "DLC" is now coming out on 7/31.

Will this make a difference and breathe new life into the game?

NEEEOPE

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »
More balancing is coming and they are nerfing the HORRIBLE AWFUL WTF auto-block gems, too.

ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2012, 03:46:09 AM »
is the dlc coming to the pc version?
duc

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2012, 05:27:19 AM »
does capcom remember/acknowledge there is a pc version?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »
I was surprised to find that the PC version shipped with the same problems that the console versions initially had.   :lol

They're patching everything and the DLC is coming, but I wouldn't bet it on it being this month.  Took forever for AE 2012 to hit the PC SSF4 AE too.
ど助平

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
So I suspect we dont see MvC PC releases because of licensing issues or something? Id love to have UMvC3 on PC
o_0

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2012, 08:03:21 AM »
Transcript of notable details

• Capcom is looking at three key ways to solve the time over problems in SFxT, they are:

- Gray life recovering too fast.
- Increasing damage.
- Making the timer slower.

Nothing is set in stone and it could be a combination of multiple things that they use to fix this issue.

• The upcoming July 31 balance patch has changes for every character in the game. The entire roster is being balanced in different ways, some fighters have a lot or a few changes, but every person has been tweaked.

• The auto-block and auto-tech gems will take up more gem slots than they used to, in addition to the previously announced increased meter usage. Again, even if you block/tech correctly, these gems will still drain your meter.

• The DLC character release date was moved up because of fan and community feedback.

• Making Pandora mode useful is something they're looking into right now. They're aware that many people are not using this mode, and they went on to talk about how powerful Pandora was back in development of the game, especially in combination with gems. During development, whoever got Pandora first ended up winning. In the version of the game that shipped though, it ended up being too weak.

• The July 31st patch will NOT address Pandora.

• Over the next two weeks, they're going to cover more balance changes to the rest of the roster. Check out Capcom-Unity and the Japanese SFxT blog for those updates. We'll also post notes about these updates here on EventHubs.

• Lei and Christie have difference stances they can go into, so they're not exactly friendly for newer players who are just picking up the game.
ど助平

Robo

« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »
They've been specific with some of the balance changes, but from the early reports, it sounds we're gonna be seeing a lot of kneejerk solutions to some of the more popular cries of "OP".

For instance, Rolento's standing jab goes from +4 to ±0, and Ryu's sidekick is going from +1 to -6.

More: http://shoryuken.com/2012/07/09/capcom-releases-more-details-on-street-fighter-x-tekkens-july-31st-balance-update/
obo

Sho Nuff

« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
What's price point on this

Robo

« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
What's the exchange rate on your soul?
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »
 :D

Pre-patch:

After 7/31 patch:

YES NERF THAT SHIT!

What's price point on this

The patch is free.  The rip-off "DLC" character unlock key is gonna be $20 for all 12 characters.

EDIT: This is for consoles...no idea when PC is getting this.  They purposefully changed the character unlock to actual DLC on PC too.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:38:07 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #267 on: July 13, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »
Unsure if buying dlc. Too many other fighters atm

Trent Dole

« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2012, 12:18:42 AM »
Capcom is saying that the 360 version will never have Pac Man and Mega Man despite hacker types playing them both on the machine previously if memory serves.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »
Capcom is saying that the 360 version will never have Pac Man and Mega Man despite hacker types playing them both on the machine previously if memory serves.

:lol

Capc ::) m

Nobody plays the PS3-exclusive characters anyway, but if those two were on 360 people might start.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:59:37 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Sho Nuff

« Reply #270 on: July 16, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »
Will wait for Steam Sale

This year...next year...it will happen, I have infinite patience

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken: Character DLC, Balance Patch Up
« Reply #271 on: July 31, 2012, 12:55:06 PM »
The LOL-DLC character unlock key is now up.  The balance patch announced at Evo (that nerfs the Shotos, Xiaoyu, and the stupid gems) is also up.

Amazon is also selling the game for $25 new on PS3 and 360.
ど助平

Sho Nuff

« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
Tempting at $25 but I'm going to wait for the Ultimate Edition

Trent Dole

« Reply #273 on: July 31, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »
$25 for base game and then another $20 to unlock everybody (except for pac and mega man on 360 lol). Naaah.
Hi

Robo

« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »
obo

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »
Fucked around the DLC.  So far I like Elena, Alisa, and surprisingly Blanka the best.  Blanka is just fun as shit to play as...I didn't really go for him in SF4 but he fits this game's play style perfectly.  I LOVE that you can do an EX Blanka ball to bounce an opponent off the wall then do another Blanka ball right after.   :lol

Seeing Elena vs. Christie is pretty damn awesome- dat Capoeira

$25 for base game and then another $20 to unlock everybody (except for pac and mega man on 360 lol). Naaah.

In other words the game is now normal price at $45!   :lol

You can just alpha counter it.   :) 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken Ver. 2013 Announced
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
Nope...not a new game, but a free update:

During Capcom's Comic Con Panel Yoshinori Ono announced that Capcom is currently working on Street Fighter X Tekken Ver. 2013 a complete rebalance of the tag team fighter featuring characters from Tekken.

The free update is stated to be released on November of this year. Are you willing to give it another try?

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/10/11/street-fighter-x-tekken-ver-2013-announced.html
ど助平

Robo

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken Ver. 2013 Announced
« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2012, 07:17:41 PM »
Long hair, don't care!

OK, I might care, but I need to hear the deets first.
obo

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Street Fighter X Tekken Ver. 2013 Announced
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »
If they put some effort into this update, I might update. In the meantime, TTT2!
Unzip

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken Vita Out Tomorrow
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »
The Vita version is out tomorrow!  :hyper

Been waiting so damn long for this to come out.  I don't care how the game turned out (although patches have helped immensely)...with cross play against PS3 players, I'm still hyped!

Since the console version is cheap too, for $60 you could get the game on PS3 and Vita, with all the DLC characters.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken Vita Out Tomorrow
« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »
7 pages in 2 hours?

Pretty impressive for a Vita game.

:dizzy
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken: Vita Version Out Tomorrow, 2013 Update Coming
« Reply #281 on: October 22, 2012, 12:17:42 PM »
They kept shilling the Vita version during the SF 25th Anniversary tournament in L.A. over the weekend, too.  None of the people there would give a shit about a portable version.   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »
From 10/24-10/30, Gamestop is selling the PS3 and Vita versions together for $50.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2012, 03:32:14 PM »
Just got my copy...the game comes with a single code that unlocks all of the alternate costumes for the regular 38 characters in addition to the 12 DLC characters on PS3.
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2012, 05:38:29 PM »
is this on psn yet
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2012, 07:41:48 PM »
The new kumite mode is like TTT2 Ghost Battle and downloads opponent data from players you fight against online! 

Brief impressions:

This is a pretty damn impressive port overall. The game is clearly not running at full resolution and I noticed some dips in the framerate during certain special and super moves. Nothing that seemed to affect the game in any way, however.

Similar to SSF4 3D Edition, you can use four areas of the game screen for touch controls and use two spots on the back panel. I found the back panel annoying and turned it off immediately.

For my button set up, I went with the lights and hards on the face buttons and the mediums on the shoulder buttons. I can switch characters without a problem, but for some reason I am finding it very difficult to pull off the tag super with both shoulder buttons. Found an easy workaround for this, though- I just mapped the mediums to panels 3 and 4 and hit one shoulder and one panel when I do the tag super. Works perfectly.

I tried online briefly. The game now displays lobbies with "PS3" and "VITA" logos. Players can choose to play together or create PS3 or Vita only lobbies. I did one cross-play match against a PS3 player in Puerto Rico. There was lag, as expected, but it went just as smoothly as it would if I was playing on my console. Did a few matches against another Vita player and it also went smoothly for the most part. I'm impressed with the game so far.

And it also allows for screenshots! Was not expecting that after they locked this feature out of UMvC3.

is this on psn yet

Should be up via search.
ど助平

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #286 on: October 23, 2012, 08:11:02 PM »
shaders are reduced, with self-shadowing and some normal maps replaced by simple rim lighting on the characters. stencil shadows are gone, too. stages are simpler, animation-wise, with entirely new (and funny) background animations in some cases. models look roughly the same despite the reduced shader complexity. load times are less than the ps3/360. pretty impressive overall!
duc

Sho Nuff

« Reply #287 on: October 23, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »
Gawd what is up with nobody hitting native res on the Vita. What's the killer here, fillrate?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #288 on: October 23, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »
shitty tools, then fill rate
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #289 on: October 23, 2012, 08:29:15 PM »
actually, it looks pretty close to native res
duc

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2012, 09:49:53 PM »
Nobody knows if this was intentional, but on the PS3 PSN store you can download all of the swap costumes for the core 38 characters for free.  This can then be redownloaded onto the Vita version.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2012, 11:49:39 PM »
Took some screenshots.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

it's too bad that the Vita camera sucks so bad...I like the AR stuff.
ど助平

Sho Nuff

« Reply #292 on: October 24, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »
Wow lighting has really taken a hit

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #293 on: October 24, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
hey guys I bet this looks great on 3DS haha just kidding. Im just here to remind you that the vita is a handheld no one is buying but is probably the most awesome fuuuuuuk
o_0

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #294 on: December 10, 2012, 11:17:03 AM »
ど助平

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #295 on: December 10, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
Not the biggest fan of this game, but I think I'll get the Vita version.  Would be fun to fuck around with.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #296 on: December 10, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »
Vita version is best version.
\
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken: 2013 Update Up
« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2013, 10:59:04 AM »
The 2013 patch (1.08, IIRC) went up yesterday for PS3 and Vita.  Should be up for 360 now too! 

PC does not have this yet...it finally got updated to 1.06 and has the DLC chaarcters added...which you can apparently play as for free by altering one of the .ini files.   :lol

Tried it last night and found way more people online than usual.  Seems to be a success so far.
ど助平

Sho Nuff

« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »
The 2013 patch (1.08, IIRC) went up yesterday for PS3 and Vita.  Should be up for 360 now too! 

PC does not have this yet...it finally got updated to 1.06 and has the DLC chaarcters added...which you can apparently play as for free by altering one of the .ini files.   :lol

Tried it last night and found way more people online than usual.  Seems to be a success so far.

Please do tell about how to edit the .ini!

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2013, 12:50:42 PM »
did they say anything about getting the newest patch on PC?  That's encouraging to hear they released the characters and fixed patch. 

Hmm, PS3 will probably be more active online, but PC will be 1080p with maxed settings. I think I'm done with the Vita version...not too many matches happening and they were almost all lagged.

I watched some people's streams, namely sabin.  There were some time outs, but those were mostly because of Arturo's lame Dhalsim.  Ryu bodied both of his characters once in about 20 seconds flat...fastest SFxT match I've ever seen.  Someone almost got in on him with Pandora.  Not nearly as much crouching jab.  It was looking decent.  but then again, the same time last year, I thought the game was looking decent as well haha