Author Topic: Game  (Read 1098672 times)

Borys

Game
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:43:00 AM »
`
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:35:56 AM by Borys »

Damian79

Re: Wii U
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 02:45:27 AM »
Absolutely every one is saying Nintendo is going to fail.  Makes me think they will succeed.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:50:56 AM »
no u
itm

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:52:35 AM »
Here, I made this for the OP.  Please insert.  Thanks Borys.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

(alr1ghtstart's post with more pictures from the press assets)

Nintendo's official E3 site

Official Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference thread by BY2K

Full E3 Press Conference Dates & Times
E3 2011 Spoiler-Free thread

Welcome to the NeoGAF Project Cafe Wii U E3 2011 Information thread, your one-stop GAF source for all Project Cafe Wii U news coming out of E3! Expect to see a listing of the Wii U-related things that were announced at the conference, news brought out afterwards, and links to threads that focus on specific news items. I've also thrown in a list of E3 press sites, just in case you're stuck in this thread looking for a stream. Hey, we might even have some time to evaluate the collection of rumors in Cheesemeister's Project Cafe Rumor Thread, which is recommended reading if you want to catch up on all of the rumors.

All of that will come in due time. For now, feel free to do something else to fill time before the conference; watch a movie, eat a sandwich, and/or play an adventure game.

Conference announcements
- Iwata believes that the new platform "deeper gameplay" and "wider appeal."
- Mentions off-hand that it will not come until next year.
- Official name: Wii U
- Controller revealed: Touchscreen, dual-analog slide pads + buttons, motion.
Rumble, Microphone, speakers, gyroscope, inward-facing camera, headphone jack.
- Backwards compatible with Wiimote, Balance Board, and Wii games.
- Zelda tech demo, Wii Play?, and Wii Sports shown in sizzle reel
- Games playing on TV can be streamed to the controller, games can use both screens (TV and controller), and there will be games made for the controller.
- Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. Both versions cross-compatible.
- Tech demos are playable on the show floor. (New Super Mario Bros. Mii, Shield Pose Demo, Chase Mii, Galactic Fighters, and four more)
- Graphics demo shown at conference.
- LEGO City Stories announced for Wii U.
- Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon Online, Darksiders 2, Tekken announced in develeoper reel. Dirt, Aliens Colonial Marines, Metro Last Light, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge also shown
- John Riccitello appeared on stage, mentioned Battlefield 3, FIFA, and Madden in particular. Screen also showed shots from EA titles like Army of Two, The Sims, etc.

- ROUNDTABLE 1: At the end, Miyamoto thanked attendees for not asking about Pikmin, and pretty much confirmed that Pikmin 3 is moving to Wii U.

News
Kotaku: First Official Tech Details on Wii U and its Bold New Controller
- Proprietary High-Density Discs. (Kotaku apparently misheard it as "iDensity")
-- UPDATE: Kotaku has confirmed that the Discs will be 25GB.
- Flash memory, expandable via USB drives and SD cards.
- Release date somewhere between April 1st and December 31st, 2012.
- Supports HDMI output, 1080p

Engadget: IBM puts Watson's brains in Nintendo Wii U
- 45nm custom CPU with "a lot of embedded DRAM"
- Silicon on insulator design; similar to the CPU tech used in IBM's Watson computer; clock speed for Wii U CPU is currently unknown.

Eurogamer: Wii U specs emerge
- Much of the info in the article has already been mentioned here, except for one interesting tidbit: The footage from the third-party sizzle reel came from the 360/PS3 versions of those titles. It's not discussed in any more detail, but I'm guessing that was not the case for Tekken, since it showed Wii U features in action. Then again, they might be porting that Tekken game from Vita or something.

Andriasang posted some of the assets from the press site
http://www.andriasang.com/e/gallerie...medium=twitter
http://www.andriasang.com/e/gallerie...medium=twitter

It was mentioned in this thread that there is the possibility that only one New Controller can be used at a time, and for local play, everyone else will need to use Wiimote+Nunchuk or Wiimote+Classic Controller (Pro).

Previews/Hands-on impressions
Wired's hands-on
Guardian UK
Kotaku Videos: Tour of the new controller, Shield Pose demo, Zelda tech demo, New Super Mario Bros. Mii, 8-minute hands-on
Kotaku: We've Played Nintendo's New Wii U
Gizmodo: Controller hands-on
IGN's Wii U Previews
1UP's video hands-on
Giant Bomb: New Super Mario Bros. Mii, Chase Mii, Zelda tech demo
GamePro Wii U preview
Shacknews: Nintendo booth tour

Threads
Roundtables thread
Official Nintendo E3 2011 Press Conference thread by BY2K
Cheesemeister's Project Cafe Rumor Thread

WiiU hands-on impressions
First Tech Info On Wii U/Controller, Wont Scale Wii Games, Singletouch, Same Room Use
Ubisoft's WiiU support: Assassin's Creed, Rabbids, Ghost Recon, new exclusive FPS
Vigil Games: WiiU is "more powerful" than PS3/360; Darksiders II WiiU hints
New Super Mario Mii (Wii U)
Wii 2 is Wii U
Aliens: Colonial Marines announced, made by Gearbox! Confirms UE3 on Wiiu. [N-Conf]
IBM: WiiU running on Watson's brain. 45nm MultiCore CPU with "lots" of embedded DRAM.
First Screen of Wii U Zelda HD
Iwata Asks: Wii U (Camera Recognition e.t.c.)
*That* Geoff Keighley interview with Reggie 'My Body Is Not Ready' Fils-Aime
Wii U Nature Graphics Demo
Tom Clancy Online First Look (Wii U)
Nintendo looking into games that support two Wii U controllers

Streams, Liveblogs, and E3 pages
Direct Stream Page links
Nintendo's Official Stream
GameSpot
GamePro
G4TV
GameTrailers (General stream page)
IGN (General stream page)
Youtube (IGN) (Youtube channel page)

E3 2011 hubs
1UP
E3 Insider
G4TV
GamePro
GameSpot
GameTrailers
IGN

Press Release
Quote:
LOS ANGELES, June 7, 2011 – At the E3
Expo, Nintendo introduced a new paradigm for video games and home entertainment: Wii U™, a new console that includes a controller with a 6.2-inch screen. Adding a second screen to the living room creates a multitude of new video game experiences while offering families a variety of options to customize their entertainment.

Previously, video games played on a home console have been confined to the TV and offered identical viewpoints to each player in a multiplayer environment. Furthermore, watching TV and playing console games have been completely separate experiences. The new controller removes these boundaries, creating a more dynamic and fluid gaming and entertainment experience. Visitors to the E3 Expo will see firsthand the type of gaming experiences made possible by Wii U and the new controller such as:
• In single-player games:
o The new controller can display information on its screen that does not appear on the TV.
o The information and viewpoint can also change in the new controller based on the orientation of its gyroscope.

• In multiplayer games:
o The player using the new controller can have a different experience than those looking at the TV. This will offer a wide variety of competitive and cooperative opportunities.

In addition to the 6.2-inch screen, the new controller also features an accelerometer and a gyroscope, a rumble feature, an inward-facing camera, a microphone and speakers. Adding these features to the Classic Controller™ button scheme – two analog Circle Pads, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons – will enable a breadth of game-play experiences while appealing to both casual and dedicated video game players.

Wii U combines motion-sensing game play with the ability to support full HD graphics. Each Wii U console will be partnered with a new controller and can also use up to four additional Wii Remote™ or Wii Remote Plus controllers. The system is also backward compatible and can play all Wii games and use all Wii accessories. The Wii console has sold more than 86 million units globally and greatly expanded the overall audience for video games. Wii U aims to expand that audience even further. Developers worldwide are already working on new games and experiences for the console.

“Wii U redefines the structure of home entertainment by fundamentally changing how the TV, the game console and the Internet function and interact together,” said Nintendo President Satoru Iwata. “The experience enabled by Wii U and the new controller takes players deeper into their games, while reaching out wider than ever before to be inviting to all kinds of gamers.”
(Rest of PR covers 3DS and Zelda stuff at the conference)

Fact Sheet image (Thanks JohnTinker!):

Other image of the controller (Thanks JohnTinker!):
[close]

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:18:54 AM »
 :poop :poop :poop :poop :poop :poop
Hi

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:16:37 AM »
<----

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 06:18:07 AM »
Bow down to your new overlords or turn in your cards, Hollywood gamers :bow
Unzip

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 06:18:47 AM »
wow, the writer used "ballyhooed"
地平線

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 07:36:42 AM »
more fun

Reggie "Absolutely" Fils-Aime has promised the Wii U device will offer "fantastic" value for money.

The Nintendo of America boss was speaking in an interview with GameTrailers. When asked whether Wii U will be priced competitively with PS3 and Xbox 360 he replied, predictably, "Absolutely."

He added, "What I want to focus on is, is it going to offer the consumer a competitive value when it comes out? And the answer is," wait for it, "absolutely."

Pressed for further info on a price, Fils-Aime was having none of it. "You're talking price and I'm talking value," he said.

"What I'm saying is that it's going to have a fantastic value - value defined as what you get, all of these great new experiences for what you pay, is going to be absolutely competitive."

Shigeru Miyamoto has blamed the perception of Nintendo as a casual game maker on the decision not to support HD gaming with the original Wii.

At the same time his boss, Satoru Iwata, acknowledged that the 86 million-selling console was not "able to cater to every gamer's needs" – with Wii U the company's attempt to "resolve" this.

The comments came in the latest massive Iwata Asks chinwag between the pair.

Miyamoto said: "One of the key reasons that such things as the core and the casual exist today is that we decided not to adopt HD on the Wii console."

"I'm sure everyone would agree that we tried really hard to go wider," Iwata added. "But even though we worked aggressively to go deeper in certain areas, the general public's impression that Nintendo was casual grew as time went by."

poor Wii
cat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 07:47:23 AM »
i like how their conclusion is "casual exist because we didn't have HD" and not "casual exist because we released the dumbest down music "game" ever,a scaling weight fitness game and a barely done board game"

<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »
Nintendo has a problem.

They got shat upon for not being HD with the Wii so they added HD to Wii U. They noticed iPad is their biggest competitor now so they created tablet-like controler. Wii U seems like a patchwork... no clear vision. Wiimote defined the Wii and it was a GREAT SUCCESS, we have to admit it.

Wii U is... not even like Wii. It's Wii minus the originality, minus the creativity.

Wii created history and was copied by MS and Sony. Wii U copies from MS, Sony and Apple.

think of all the fanboy tears if they lose the handheld market to vita too :teehee
<----

Trurl

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 07:54:52 AM »
Why does every Nintendo console reveal feel like an apology for the last one?

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 08:37:35 AM »
Why does every Nintendo console reveal feel like an apology for the last one?

GS: Look we have CD's* now so we get 3rd party support.
Wii: Look we are cheap to develop for so expect 3rd party support.
WiiU: Look we have same graphics as the competition did 5 years and online too maybe we will have 3rd party support.

:piss Nintendo :piss2

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »
This was confirmed as the official theme in all WiiU ads:

[youtube=560,345]PGrx6etMl0w[/youtube]
Unzip

cool breeze

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
Nintendo reminds me of that tree salesman from A Christmas Story

I enjoy how Nintendo fans are constantly annihilated.  HD, less/no waggle or 3D.  Suddenly the five years of shilling is washed away.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
I still laugh everytime I think about the conference
"arkham city coming one year late to the wiiu!" *huge cheers from the "journalists" on the crowd.*
Drunk

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »
Nintendo has a problem.

They got shat upon for not being HD with the Wii so they added HD to Wii U. They noticed iPad is their biggest competitor now so they created tablet-like controler. Wii U seems like a patchwork... no clear vision. Wiimote defined the Wii and it was a GREAT SUCCESS, we have to admit it.

Wii U is... not even like Wii. It's Wii minus the originality, minus the creativity.

Wii created history and was copied by MS and Sony. Wii U copies from MS, Sony and Apple.

WiiU mad?
©@©™

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 09:36:21 AM »
It's interesting that while MS is 'taking away the controller', Nintenho is putting the player back on the couch with a bigger controller.
It won't surprise me if Vita will have some of the same integration with the PS3.
©ZH

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 09:40:50 AM »
Interesting reveal. I don't think I'm nearly as negative as most on here are about it, but I think the price will be really important for the mainstream.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 09:45:10 AM »
He added, "What I want to focus on is, is it going to offer the consumer a competitive value when it comes out? And the answer is," wait for it, "absolutely."

Pressed for further info on a price, Fils-Aime was having none of it. "You're talking price and I'm talking value," he said.

Oh god.  So how much is this going to cost?  I understand they're not going to reveal a price for something that's more than a year out but that kind of talk makes me think of the same shit Sony was spouting when their system was $599.
Tacos

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 09:54:04 AM »
Components will be cheaper next year come release time. They are just waiting so see what kind of margin they can squeeze by then.
©ZH

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 10:18:41 AM »
It's interesting that while MS is 'taking away the controller', Nintenho is putting the player back on the couch with a bigger controller.
It won't surprise me if Vita will have some of the same integration with the PS3.
:teehee

Speaking to Develop, president of Sony Computer Entertainment’s Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida has revealed he is interested by Nintendo's recently announced Wii U, and said it will likely inspire Vita developers to carry out experiments with the newly named Sony handheld.

"It is very interesting the ways that Nintendo went with Wii U, and I was surprised it wasn't exactly as it had been rumoured," Yoshida told Develop at E3.

"Already people are starting to ask about linking Vita and PS3 to do something similar, in terms of using two screens, and having controls on the screen.

"That's very interesting, and we will have to experiment," he added, before suggesting that such work was already, to a certain extent, underway.

"Lots of the things that developers of Vita games are doing, as you may have seen, is experimenting with connectivities between Vita and PS3.

"The Wipeout [2048] team came up with their cross play ideas, and the other Vita teams have come up with ways of playing with two systems. It's just a matter of time, as we provide the SDKs to developers so they can make use of both PS3 and Vita, and they might come up with something interesting."

cat

huckleberry

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »
Price will be "competitive". Probably higher than Wii because it offers more "value".

Nintendo doesn't want to lose a single dime on it, like Sony on Vita.

The question is - competitive with what?  The current PS3 and 360 prices or the next gen systems that will surely be along (if not at least announced) within a year of the WiiU release? 
wub

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »
more fun

Don't expect any new information on Smash Bros. 3DS or Wii U soon - series director Masahiro Sakurai has admitted that development hasn't started yet.

Satoru Iwata announced the project last night during Nintendo's E3 press conference. But Sakurai has suggested Iwata jumped the gun.

"We really shouldn't have announced it for the general public at this timing," Sakurai tweeted (translated by Andriasang). "But since we have to assemble staff, we made the notice. The future will change depending on the strength of the gathered developers."

Development won't start until the completion of Kid Icarus Uprising at the end of this year, Sakurai said.

cat

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 10:41:36 AM »
:lol

Not until the end of this year?

I don't really give a shit about Smash Bros but you've got to be kidding me.  So we shouldn't expect to see it for another 4 years.

Gud job Nintendo.   :teehee
Tacos

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 10:58:05 AM »
Nintendo has a problem.

Yeah, I agree with you, Borys... WiiU seems like a halfhearted, non-cohesive attempt to fix their problems in Japan (small living rooms with maybe only 1 TV, a focus on handheld gaming/handheld multiplayer aka Monhan) and America (casuals playing shitty iPad games, core gamers wanting gritty HD 3rd party games). The tech demos demoed seem like they were throwing all sorts of shit to the wall hoping something would stick, it also hurts them that they showed no "killer app". If they showed off an HD Mario (or even better... a new core-focused IP) using some of this tech in a creative way, I think a ton of doubts about the system would be erased.
^_^

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
 :drudge WIIU :drudge WIIU :drudge WIIU :drudge WIIU :drudge

i'll prob buy it
USA

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 11:01:26 AM »
Wii is dwindling down,3DS is not doing too hot,solution--Wii U

Rushed announcement,at least pay for some CG trailers like Sony to get people hyped,ffs

fix their problems in Japan (small living rooms with maybe only 1 TV

You need to be in the same room

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:04:51 AM by maxy »
cat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »
Like most things at E3 I think people over-react in both directions on this stuff. It's not surprising to me that they don't really have anything ready to show at this point. I think all that stuff will come and be fine and the usual crowd that buys a Nintendo console because of Mario and Zelda will do so including the youth market which is who those franchises really belong to anyway.

The two things that probably seem most problematic for this device are the potential price and what exactly is the unique thing that is going to set this thing apart and drive casuals to buy it. I guess its the tablet of course but I'm not really sure that is going to resonate with the generate public especially the North American market the way they may be hoping.

Wii was a really simple idea that immediately sold itself with Wii Sports. Once you tried it, it all immediately made sense and you could explain it to your casual friends. I'm not sure that controller is going to be able to do that in the same way. 

Also the price thing is important because its a different world now. Once you go beyond early adopters who buy anything at any price, this device will have a lot competition including the original Wii, the current hd systems, and the looming introduction of new systems. If it costs more than that stuff, you have to ask who exactly is their market.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:20:07 AM by Stoney Mason »

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »
Y'all are sounding exactly as you did about the wii's market prospects when it was revealed. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:22:00 AM by My F*cking Grandpa »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 11:23:01 AM »
Y'all are sounding exactly as you did when that huge bomba the "wii" was revealed.  Just sayin'.

While I do agree that hardcore forum types (myself included) always tend to miss the mark on things aimed at mainstream audiences, I do think this one isn't quite as easy of a slamdunk as the original Wii was. There was a real buzz on the Wii. Kind of a right place at the right time with the right message. I bought one first day.

Of course this could all be a bit of this.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:24:39 AM by Stoney Mason »

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »
Y'all are sounding exactly as you did when that huge bomba the "wii" was revealed.  Just sayin'.

While I do agree that hardcore forum types (myself included) always tend to miss the mark on things aimed at mainstream audiences, I do think this one isn't quite as easy of a slamdunk as the original Wii was. There was a real buzz on the Wii. Kind of a right place at the right time with the right message. I bought one first day.

Of course this could all be a bit of this.

I don't understand why anyone would want an ipad over a laptop.  I certainly don't understand why anyone would want an ipad 2.  But I'm not surprised when they sell well.  WiiU really just needs a wii sports kinda game/phenomenon

Agree with you a little though, just playing devil's advocate.
sad

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »
Y'all are sounding exactly as you did about the wii's market prospects when it was revealed. Just sayin'.

Not me.
As soon it was announced I knew that it would sell truckloads,same goes for Kinect.

Wii U is confusing me,target audience is not clearly defined...need more data
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:35:56 AM by maxy »
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »
I still don't understand the choice to use analog sliders instead of analog sticks

Stoney Mason

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 11:34:29 AM »
WiiU really just needs a wii sports kinda game/phenomenon

The thing is though I think those experiences or moments are really hard to re-create which is why they happen so rarely. And why before the Wii, Nintendo had a gamecube and an N64 experience which while profitable weren't breakthroughs the way the Wii was.

Not me.
As soon it was announced I knew that it would sell truckloads,same goes for Kinect.

Wii U is confusing me,target audience is not clearly defined...need more data

I sort of intuitively immediately understand who the Wii was going for. The marketing message was gaming had gotten too expensive, too complex, too much about graphics, and not enough about fun. Now we can argue whether the Wii lived up to that promise (no it didn't) but that was the market and mindset they targeted very successfully. The Wii U doesn't have as clearly defined a message at least yet imo. I mean its laughable to see a great thinker like Miayomoto talking about how awesome the New Mario will be with HD graphics. C'mon.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:44:34 AM by Stoney Mason »

cool breeze

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »
plus microsoft is doing a commendable job herding the wagglers to their camp

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »
I still don't understand the choice to use analog sliders instead of analog sticks

Is that for real?

If true,total fail for dudebro audience(me).
cat

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 11:38:51 AM »

All they had lying around the factory for a quick mock up
◕‿◕

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 12:10:38 PM »

<----

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »
Can't wait to see Zelda HD when they put some gameplay,open world,AI,player control in.
cat

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 12:27:49 PM »

Yeah, I thought of the same thing.  :lol
dog

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »

I CAN SEE INTO THE FUTURE
<----

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »

◕‿◕

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 01:06:42 PM »
I'll buy one, assuming the price is reasonable. And assuming that it launches with a proper Mario game. Fuck Zelda, seriously.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »
Why would casual Wii owners buy another system so soon. They don't even play their Wiis outside of holidays, so what will compel them to buy an even more expensive console with a controller that looks more confusing.

Then there's the hardcore, who are so well entrenched in the next gen they have little reason to buy another console. But lets say they do: why would they buy any ports on the WiiU? We haven't seen Nintendo's online system yet, but it's safe to assume it won't be as good as Xbox Live for instance. They'd be getting it for Nintendo games mainly, and the few third party exclusives the WiiU gets (lol).

Finally there's the Nintendo fan, who will buy the console and most major first party games, plus some Capcom stuff for instance. They won't be buying CoD for instance. Maybe something like a Skyrim port appeals to them, or an exclusive FPS. But overall a Nintendo fanboy isn't interested in that shit.

In short what we have is a Gamecube market

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 01:25:11 PM »
Am I the only one who didn't think the Zelda HD stuff looked all that impressive? I mean, it was nice and all, but nothing all that different from anything else this current generation.
野球

Himu

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »
Nintendo shares have fallen after the reveal.

Now is the time to BUY BUY BUY because Wiiu is going to sell GANGBUSTERS.
IYKYK

Brehvolution

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 01:25:56 PM »
Nope @ Mr. Gundam. You are not alone.
©ZH

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »
I guess it would be breathtaking if you only own a Wii and have shunned the 360 and PS3, but I'm not stupid.
野球

Himu

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »
Gundam we are talking about a fanbase that has said repeatedly for the past 5  years,"fuck hd" and now that they have hd they're spooging out of their noses.
IYKYK

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 01:31:27 PM »
Yeah... what happened with the "power makes development too difficult and costly" line? I mean, I saw it as recently as when the Vita specs were leaked, but now it seems to have vanished.

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 01:31:28 PM »
Gundam we are talking about a fanbase that has said repeatedly for the past 5  years,"fuck hd" and now that they have hd they're spooging out of their noses.

[close]

I know.
[close]
野球

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 01:33:50 PM »
It looks like TP touched up for HD. Very little environmental or character detail. It's only a demo though, just like the Spaceworld Zelda for the Gamecube.

Prole's breakdown of the specs make me feel better; sounds like it's going to be powerful. Reggie says it can do 1080p. Given the system comes out next year you'd think they would have a game to show though

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 01:35:24 PM »
I really don't get anything that went on at Nintendo coming up with this.

This seems desperate.

If the WiiU was a handheld that can stream wirelesly to your tv then it could have been something the ipad crowd would like...but now....I don't get it at all.

Think its time to sell sell sell before they plummet after 3DS bombs further and WiiU does the same.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:37:32 PM by Premium Lager »

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »
I know nothing about tech, so feel free to educate me, but this still screams STOPGAP that will be outclassed whenever Microsoft and Sony get around to announcing new systems.
野球

Himu

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »
I really don't get anything that went on at Nintendo coming up with this.

This seems desperate.

If the WiiU was a handheld that can stream wirelesly to your tv then it could have been something the ipad crowd would like...but now....I don't get it at all.

Think its time to sell sell sell before they plummet after 3DS bombs further and WiiU does the same.

But wouldn't it be a good time to buy? I mean, if their stock is low, who knows? Also, I really doubt WiiU will bomb.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 02:02:03 PM »
Once again I think a lot of it will come down to price. I do think it is nice to have a Nintendo system that is HD. I do think beaming games to the portable unit is nice. I don't think the measure stick of success should necessarily be the level the Wii reached both because that's probably unrealistic and also because very few people on this board actually like or play the Wii.

Even if its a gamecube type of thing that's probably better from the view of the hardcore gamers market.

I mean I doubt I will buy one but in retrospect this system seems far more suited to me than the Wii ever was.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:06:28 PM by Stoney Mason »

Himu

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
hopefully their experience with 3ds will teach them a thing or two about price
IYKYK

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »
hopefully their experience with 3ds will teach them a thing or two about price
You know it won't, N are greedy fucking pricks.
Hi