Author Topic: Game  (Read 1098874 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Weeooooooo
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2011, 05:39:05 AM »
6" screen is pretty small tbh.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thats what she said
[close]

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2011, 06:50:17 AM »
It looks like power supply will be external.

Wuu will be annihilated next year

Sony--PS3(4) PS Vita combo,Vita can be easily used as game menu,map,etc and it won't stop working if you leave the room

MS-Xbox Live integrated into Windows 8(tablets,phones) and if they release some cradle with proper analogs,buttons,etc=boom

cat

Damian79

« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2011, 06:59:43 AM »
Depends on the battery life to be honest for the Vita.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2011, 08:55:28 AM »
:bow Pachter :bow2

Oblivion

« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2011, 09:02:41 AM »
hunh, the main character of dark souls looks like a gay elf

I'll honest, it's hard to tell who's being insulted here.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2011, 09:54:07 AM »
[img]http://h5.abload.de/img/201j1q.gif[img]

Reggie: 1
EB: 0

:bow

Reminds me of this:
[youtube=560,345]OEOFvsOFhJM[/youtube]
©ZH

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
Pachter dropping dem troof bombs

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2011, 12:50:43 PM »
It looks like power supply will be external.

Wuu will be annihilated next year

Sony--PS3(4) PS Vita combo,Vita can be easily used as game menu,map,etc and it won't stop working if you leave the room

MS-Xbox Live integrated into Windows 8(tablets,phones) and if they release some cradle with proper analogs,buttons,etc=boom

call it weeeoooo or i'll rip your lungs out!

'wu' sounds too cool

also that last bit sounds like a gaming feature, MS doesn't do games anymore. 

I will call it whatever I want :maf

You are right MS doesn't do games anymore,other people do that.

I think that Win 8 tablets will behave exactly like PCs,nobody will buy new Win 8 tablet so it can run MS Word faster...games,games,games

MS is driven by $$$ lust and that would benefit them,big devs would jump in.I mean,full blown Windows without "proper" games,better to buy a laptop then.
cat

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2011, 12:53:15 PM »
I really really hate to say this but

I think Nintendo needs to lose Miyamoto

at least as anything other than a game director/producer

i guarantee a huge chunk of the "wtf" decisions they make (which is to say the ones not necessarily motivated by cost) are a result of his royal weirdness's quirks

All of his decisions are usually integral to their hardware/software/product's success.  So I don't see how this would be a good idea.  For reference sake, one of his earlier ideas was to split pokemon up into differing versions, which certainly contributed to the game's social aspect.  I can't remember all the little things he has inputted over the years, but many of you seem to forget how stupidly popular the wii/ds were this past gen.  Apparently SOMEONE out there liked the hardware decisions.

Although the 'blow air' mechanic in DKCR was fucking stupid.  I'm over it though.
sad

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
Wii U will be HD, supporting up to 1080p resolution just like Xbox 360 and PS3, but beyond that it's unclear how powerful the hardware will ultimately be when it ships sometime next year. Nintendo never provides a full breakdown, although the company did say that the form factor is "near final." While many assumed Wii U would be on par with the current HD consoles, word is coming in from developers that it's quite a bit more powerful.

Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia commented today, "Some of the developers we spoke to indicated to us that the console will have 50% more processing power compared to the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.
This is yet to be confirmed by Nintendo."

At E3 last week, Nintendo did little to prove this point. During the press conference, footage of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles was used, although the company did show off an impressive tech demo of a bird flying around some trees, and Nintendo also created a very pretty tech demo to represent what a new Zelda might look like.
Ok,no more Wuu

Weeaaaooooouuuuuu

50% more than 2005 consoles?
Amazing
cat

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2011, 01:21:21 PM »
Wow that settles it, I'm not buying any more Xbox 360 or PS3 games in anticipation of the superior Weeoo version that comes out a year later

And playing dual analog games with those fiddly sliders....SWEET

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2011, 01:28:48 PM »
Weeeeeeooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooo

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2011, 01:44:56 PM »
Eddie Murphy :bow2

cat

cool breeze

« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2011, 04:16:05 PM »
Wuguu should at least have enough power to match PS3/360 plus what's happening on the controller.  Because technically, it needs to render two different images, right? at least when doing the interesting things shown in that promo video.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:25 PM »
The following response comes from Michel Ancel when he was asked whether or not he views Wii U as a next-gen machine...

"Not really. I think Wii U is next-gen in terms of interface. I think people are going to copy it, because you've got this mix between tablet, touch screen and big screen – big screen and little screen - there are a lot of possibilities. I don't know if Sony will do it, or Microsoft – but yes, I think it's a possibility. But I think the main thing is to have this – offering new ways to play is very interesting."

interface that is going to be left to rot after 6 month of gimmicky drawing stuff

:bow weeeoooooo :bow2
<----

Damian79

« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
Yeah only thing that table is good fo ris drawing things like maps.  Make a Dungeon crawler for us Altus without being an Etrian Odyessy game.

cool breeze

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »
I'm just confused about what Wii U actually is.  It's presentation was sloppy and full of mutually exclusive concepts.  They showed:

-cloning display.  simple enough.  same image on both the tv and tablet.
-game only on the tablet, making use of touch screen (that board game)
-tablet acts as a motion controller along with TV (augmented reality stuff, putting it on the floor)
-main game on tv, tablet adds additional interface/inputs, still controls like video game (fantasy action action tech demo)

if you make a game that uses the tablet and television simultaneously, that eliminates the ability to play the game exclusively on the tablet.  two interfaces? how does touch work then? if a game is designed around the touch screen, can you still play those games on the tv?

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2011, 11:57:45 PM »
All of his decisions are usually integral to their hardware/software/product's success.  So I don't see how this would be a good idea.  For reference sake, one of his earlier ideas was to split pokemon up into differing versions, which certainly contributed to the game's social aspect.  I can't remember all the little things he has inputted over the years, but many of you seem to forget how stupidly popular the wii/ds were this past gen.  Apparently SOMEONE out there liked the hardware decisions.

Although the 'blow air' mechanic in DKCR was fucking stupid.  I'm over it though.

I remember Nintendo's success quite well, thanks.  But as much as Miyamoto is responsible for some of this stuff, he's also responsible for things like Nintendo's online system being pathetically out of date, Nintendo's production values being ten years behind, Nintendo's digital shop being a fucking disaster, Nintendo not getting on the ball with proven systems like achievements/trophies, etc.

The people at Nintendo aren't stupid.  Every time Nintendo fails to meet the bar on something, it's not because they lack the ability.  It's either because of cost (which is a separate problem for Nintendo; while I generally think fiscal conservatism is a wiser course of action than what Sony or MS do, Nintendo pushes it too far and it kind of bit them in the ass with the way the Wii fell out so fast), or because that quirky fellow Miyamoto veto'd the idea.  I'm not against him being in charge of software where he can continue to make decisions like splitting up Pokeymans, but the guy really should have almost no input on Nintendo's hardware and associated features.  The road he is sending Nintendo down is going to really fuck the company in the long run.

I think you're making some erroneous atributions here.  The online I would personally blame on Iwata, as he has indicated in interviews it was his desire to keep his daughters -for instance- from being exposed to internet mongloids.  I think a mouthgag policy in public games is fine, although they royally screwed up the necessary persistence required for the "friends" system to work.  Haven't seen any indication the miyamoto is in charge of designing the shops.  The production values on their core titles are great, just not hd.  I sincerely doubt the majority (non-nerds) of mario galaxy/dkcr/corruption/brawl players noticed.  The wii noun stuff looks the way it does to try and appeal to a mass market (squeaky clean, blue skies, etc).  I still contend they made the right call on HD as the penetration wasn't very high at the time.

If I had to pretend to be ~balanced and fair~, the biggest screw up was they probably shouldve made a more powerful machine capable of producing 360 games in sd.  They lost the development community and were left to fend for themselves for years.  Hindsight indicates a beefier 350 dollar wii still wouldve done well.  I also think the original wiimote was too half baked and finicky to properly service the promise of reliable motion control.  I already mentioned the sad state of online.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:00:42 AM by EmCeeGrammar »
sad

Mrbob

« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2011, 12:11:26 AM »
here's the thing...

if you can use multiple screen controllers on the Weeeoooo then i can see there's a good few good local multiplayer games you can bring in. D+D, Warhammer, etc - those sort of games would rule. Hell, pokemon as well.

if it ends up you can only use 1 controller? You can use it to show a map, or inventory.... it's a nicety, it's not a game changer. Oh and novelty games... for one player #sadface. Also if they are going to have you need a waggle stick and the WeeeoooPad then that's moving away from what sold the Wii to millions of non gamers. "It's Tennis!" "How do i play?!" <swishes controller like bat> "Ooooooo! neato!"

At the moment this machine just looks like one massive f*ck up. 3DS scrapped next year. GameBoy Nexus for winter 2012.

Sony is totally going to rip this design off too, but make it more functional in the process.  Playstation ME will have 4 controller support and a HD multi touch screen alongside graphics capability that will crush what Nintendo has to offer.  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooo will be shamed in no time.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:13:39 AM by Mrbob »

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2011, 12:19:58 AM »
here's the thing...

if you can use multiple screen controllers on the Weeeoooo then i can see there's a good few good local multiplayer games you can bring in. D+D, Warhammer, etc - those sort of games would rule. Hell, pokemon as well.

if it ends up you can only use 1 controller? You can use it to show a map, or inventory.... it's a nicety, it's not a game changer. Oh and novelty games... for one player #sadface. Also if they are going to have you need a waggle stick and the WeeeoooPad then that's moving away from what sold the Wii to millions of non gamers. "It's Tennis!" "How do i play?!" <swishes controller like bat> "Ooooooo! neato!"

At the moment this machine just looks like one massive f*ck up. 3DS scrapped next year. GameBoy Nexus for winter 2012.

Sony is totally going to rip this design off too, but make it more functional in the process.  Playstation ME will have 4 controller support and a HD multi touch screen alongside graphics capability that will crush what Nintendo has to offer.  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooo will be shamed in no time.

If the move is any indication, sony's tech won't be supported by a strong software proposition to make it successful.  The wiimote needed wii sports to establish its value to the consumer.  Brain training and Nintendogs sold people on the ds's interface possibilities.  Arguably the 3ds is suffering because outside of its built in software, there hasn't been a dearth of software to villify the featureset and price of entry for the portable.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2011, 12:53:38 AM »

As for the production values thing, no, it's a lot more than just not being HD.  They are way behind even middle-ground developers on things like voice acting, motion capture, CG, and sound production.  For some of their franchises, it doesn't matter, but then you get something like Metroid: Other M, where those kinds of skills would have been a boon to the type of product they were shooting for, and it's just fucking embarrassing.

Which of their franchises would really benefit from any of this? Zelda? Metroid is at its best when everyone shuts the fuck up anyway.  I dunno, it seems like unecessary expenditure when the vast majority of their properties would gain nothing from such things.  I guess we could make the argument that Nintendo proper should start counterprogramming popular genres and would need this techniques to compete.

Omitted any of your online musings because I 75% agree.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2011, 01:08:45 AM »
The impression that I get is that the top brass REALLY  doesn't.*
I'm being a little selfish here.  I always skip cg stuff and dialogue so I have a hard time faulting anyone for deemphasizing it.

There's some direct audio footage of Skyward Sword out there.  Its the same setup as Mario Galaxy with a blend of orchestrated and synthesized music.

*bar Retro studios and Sakomoto :teehee
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:11:23 AM by EmCeeGrammar »
sad

Oblivion

« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2011, 02:03:55 AM »
Miyamoto has plenty of faults, but I don't think hubris is one of them. Dude goes out of his way to give credit to many of his games to his subordinates (I can't even remember the last time he did an interview specifically focused on Zelda, where he didn't have Aonuma sitting right by him).

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2011, 02:40:26 AM »
Oh, I wouldn't call it hubris in the traditional sense.  But he has lived a very lucky and very sheltered life.  Almost immediately from graduating University, he became a "superstar" and that status has never been lifted.  He's never had to look outside of himself to find success.  I think the end result is that there's a sort of naivety or ignorance about him with regards to things outside his immediate circle.

exhibit a: Wii Music

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2011, 03:00:19 AM »
Guys, stop trying to talk to the autistic kid like a real person.  He not only thinks Wii Music is a real game, he publicly admits to enjoying it.
yar

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2011, 03:03:32 AM »
For every HW reveal, Nintendo keeps claiming that it will have strong support from third parties. But the machine and subsystem is almost always the product of what a small group of Nintendo guys, with Miyamoto's opinion packing a lot of punch, think is best for their vision. The worst example of this is still the N64, which Miyamoto admitted to have been designed around the specs he wanted for Mario 64. Creating HW around the vision for ONE GAME! One could say that the Wii is quite similar in this fashion, but not as terrible. That is what Oscar is talking about, the naive arrogance of Miyamoto.
地平線

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2011, 04:12:00 AM »
I was thinking about that too, the locationfree-on-Vita thing, but apparently the latency was pretty atrocious when playing locationfree with PSP? I mean, the general connectivity crap like menu items and minimaps and whatnot could work, but playing the actual PS3 game n the Vita would be harder, right?
地平線

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2011, 04:29:49 AM »
there must be SOMETHING Nintendo is going to do to make their latency lower though, right? some sort of HW encoding/decoding of the video stream sent to the tabletcontroller? otherwise it seems positively suicidal to produce something that Sony can just do better with the Vita, minus two triggerbuttons. But with multitouch.  :dizzy
地平線

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2011, 04:41:04 AM »
XFE hits the nail on the head. Nintendo won't have the benefit of a vastly more innovative/new/niche system this time, nor one that is less expensive than its competition. This could really be a disaster for Nintendo.

casuals aren't spending $100 a pop on a controller. They'd rather get a real iPad

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2011, 05:01:57 AM »
Yeah real casuals will prefer iPad for sure.

1. It has games.
2. It's Apple.
3. You can take it anywhere.
4. Everybody is talking about it.
5. They already have a Wii.
6. Ipad doesn't look like a toy.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2011, 05:04:56 AM »
"So it's like iPad then? But I can't go to bed/ toilet with it? What bullshit... pass."

Sucks to be Nintendo in the following years.

It's like iPad but with a smaller screen, no App store etc? I can't take it on Holidays? pass.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2011, 05:07:53 AM »
Wait, what the fuck? So developers have to still work wit the wiimote? This can't be true, it's crazy

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2011, 07:02:06 AM »
Nintendo's angle is that they're family friendly; the one box that doesn't promote Gears or Killzone; little Timmy's first ipad. You don't have to worry when you leave your kids alone in a room with Nintendo, no sir. You ain't gonna play Halo with grandad, but checkers and motion golf? No worries. Hey and don't throw out your wiimotes just yet, you'll need those for multiplayer.

Just have a gander at the weeoo website, there's no mention of all the awesome third party games at all. That's background noise to appease and confound disillusioned Nintendo loyalists.

Don't think Nintendo's abandoning the blue ocean strategy just yet. Good of them to match 2007 level hardware this time though, should be able to garner that elusive third party support and might be able to complete, but I have a feeling it's too little too late. Hope the casual demographic is kind to them again.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2011, 07:10:28 AM »
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
cat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2011, 08:41:42 AM »

PS3 games locationfree within your house should work , maps etc and multi control? Definitely. Hell, i expect games to support the PSV as a controller, there's no reason for it not to.

i was thinking about that - is there any reason they couldn't use the bluetooth on the vita for controller input while using wifi for the video streaming at the same time?
sup

cool breeze

« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
I don't know why the PS3 needs to be involved

Vita plus (wireless) HDMI out can do a decent approximation of wii u

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »
Mario HD
Zelda HD
Metroid HD (fps, none of that Other Shit crap)

Yup, I'm interested.

filthy nthing  :yuck
©ZH

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
Competition FUD starting already :D

Microsoft is gearing up to announce the successor to the Xbox 360 at E3 2012, and Crytek is already developing a new TimeSplitters game for the next generation of consoles, VideoGamer.com can reveal.

Specifications for the new machine have not been finalised, but Crytek is using Microsoft's DirectX 11 as the current basis for next-generation development. Tessellation, multithreaded rendering, and compute shaders are the three headlining features for DirectX 11.

The Crysis 2 developer says that Microsoft will announce the existence of a new Xbox within the next 12 months, hinting that an E3 2012 reveal is likely. Crytek believes that Microsoft will announce and launch its new machine ahead of rival Sony, though the developer is also investing resources into next-generation PlayStation development.

The information was detailed to VideoGamer.com by a high-ranking industry source at Crytek, who stated that TimeSplitters 4 is currently being demonstrated internally, is being built with CryEngine 3, and was being shown privately in video form at E3 2011.

Crytek UK, who produced the other three games in the series as Free Radical, is still handling the development.

Both Microsoft and Crytek declined to comment.

The source reports that the graphics on TimeSplitters 4 are noticeably improved over current generation technology, with the DX11 tessellation effects allegedly having a huge impact on the visuals. Crytek believes that the game - and CryEngine 3 itself - will be seen as the cornerstone of next-generation development.

Crytek has invested heavily in DirectX 11 development primarily to focus on the new consoles, with the upcoming DX11 patch for the PC version of Crysis 2 being used internally as a benchmark of anticipated hardware trends.

As for the game itself, the new TimeSplitters is reported to focus on the series' branching paths and exploratory nature, with sandbox-style gameplay elements a big priority. The current goal is for levels to feature multiple routes that lead to the same overall conclusion.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_720_likely_at_e3_2012_crytek_on_board.html
cat

Brehvolution

« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »
I'd expect something from Epic on launch too with their new unreal engine.
©ZH

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2011, 07:46:47 PM »
PS3 games locationfree within your house should work , maps etc and multi control? Definitely. Hell, i expect games to support the PSV as a controller, there's no reason for it not to.

Talking about Vita/PS3 interoperability, I really, really dont care about a PS3 remote play feature. I think relying on a consumers wifi infrastructure for a core feature will always relegate it to the background, much like remoteplay is now. I'd much rather they focus on having it work as a secondary controller for games.

Technically, I would have it done with a small app install directly to the Vita for any specific game that wants to use the Vita as a controller then PS3 and V just send basic inputs over bluetooth like a DS3, no lag, simple and effective and it would make multiplayer Vita implementations possible. If they could manage decent streaming of a dynamic interface for a game with the effective 2.1 Mbit/s data rate of PS3's bluetooth that would be cool though it would make any multi stuff ala GBA/GC connectivity pretty hard with the same problem Nintendo is facing, difference being this functionality with PS3 and V is a novelty, with WiiU it's integral to the console :lol
◕‿◕

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Re: Wii U
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2011, 09:18:11 PM »
Nintendo has a problem.

They got shat upon for not being HD with the Wii so they added HD to Wii U. They noticed iPad is their biggest competitor now so they created tablet-like controler. Wii U seems like a patchwork... no clear vision. Wiimote defined the Wii and it was a GREAT SUCCESS, we have to admit it.

Wii U is... not even like Wii. It's Wii minus the originality, minus the creativity.

Wii created history and was copied by MS and Sony. Wii U copies from MS, Sony and Apple.

The Wii looks like an Apple product.  Nintendo has been aping the designs of successful competitors since people laughed at the Gamecube Fisher Price handle.
🍆🍆

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2011, 11:44:50 PM »
Has anyone mentioned the battery life of this new controller?
itm

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2011, 03:58:56 AM »
I think that people are greatly underestimating Weeoo low latency tablet-console connection.Standard solutions,like b/g(PS3) or n(Vita) have big latency,good for continuous streaming,extremely bad for frame by frame game streaming.Not to mention that Vita is not a controller and at best it will be an afterthought for the devs(not in the box).Good for video,map streaming,bad for everything else.

Games already have like 100 ms+TV latency,adding something on top of that=bad

There is one thing that makes me curious,at Ubisoft vid it was "please turn off Wifi,etc"--maybe Nintendo Weeoo tech is based on common solutions and not something like Wireless HD. 

cat

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2011, 04:48:54 AM »
There is one thing that makes me curious,at Ubisoft vid it was "please turn off Wifi,etc"--maybe Nintendo Weeoo tech is based on common solutions and not something like Wireless HD.

You mean they are trying to cheap out on hardware? Well I for one am shocked
地平線

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2011, 04:52:20 AM »
PS3's bluetooth 2.0 + EDR should, in theory be able to stream a 960x544 image at low latency. And there's no need for wii eww to stream HD to the controller right since its screen isn't HD?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:53:52 AM by quietID »
◕‿◕

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2011, 05:47:23 AM »
I thought the Wii U tablet was wired?

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2011, 06:23:29 AM »

You mean they are trying to cheap out on hardware? Well I for one am shocked

Something like that,as cheap as possible :)

PS3's bluetooth 2.0 + EDR should, in theory be able to stream a 960x544 image at low latency. And there's no need for wii eww to stream HD to the controller right since its screen isn't HD?

If it was that easy,everybody would be doing it.

I thought the Wii U tablet was wired?

Wireless.

cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2011, 06:41:55 AM »
Why does everybody assume Wii uses 4890 just because its the 770 chipset? It could be something older too.

Not like Nintendo to install a power guzzler like that!

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2011, 06:49:04 AM »
Everyone?

If by everyone you mean ninthings,yeah...otherwise no
cat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2011, 07:07:29 AM »
you guys are acting like a bunch of tech whores

even if the thing is as powerfull as thousand of suns,it means nothing when all the game it's going to run are the one that already runs on your 360 and yet another zelda

that said,i already pointed and laughed at the incredibly probable underwhelming graphics so maybe i shouldn't talk >:(
<----

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
4890 would be too expensive and powerful for Nintendo.
itm

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2011, 07:31:46 AM »
EG
The Wii U cannot play DVDs or Blu-rays, Nintendo has confirmed.

Why? Because you've already got machines that play them.

"Wii U does not have DVD or Blu-ray playback capabilities," president Satoru Iwata told investors.

"The reason for that is that we feel that enough people already have devices that are capable of playing DVDs and Blu-ray, such that it didn't warrant the cost involved to build that functionality into the Wii U console because of the patents related to those technologies."

Instead, the Wii U, out next year, features a single self-loading media bay that plays 12-centimetre proprietary high-density optical discs, as well as 12-centimetre Wii optical discs.
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2011, 07:59:31 AM »
Actually I only have a 360 to play dvd's (or my laptop). I don't see the need for a dedicated player, or 10 machines under my tv.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2011, 08:06:57 AM »
Yeah,you can spin this in every direction.Disc capacity is 25 GB,more than enough for games and if you care about dvd/blu-ray playback get some cheap player.

It will be interesting to see MS stance about this.
cat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2011, 08:32:58 AM »
it's fucking dvd playback for pete's sake. every device that you put a disc in should be able to play dvds nowadays
nat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2011, 08:37:45 AM »
hey,few beans per console x millions= lots of beans

no more beans for u
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2011, 09:02:09 AM »
No MP3 playback on 3DS cause everybody has a MP3 player or phone now

spoiler (click to show/hide)
which you can play games on too  :shh
[close]

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2011, 09:18:40 AM »
No games either because other machines can do that for you.

--wait, that actually happened

:fbm

Brehvolution

« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2011, 09:32:34 AM »
I already have devices that play HD games too, so I don't need another device to play more.
©ZH

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »
Wasn't that also the reason Gamecube and Wii didn't get multiplat games, cause you could play them on other consoles already?