Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 352908 times)

kingv

Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Dynasty Warriors 9 Getting Better With Patches!
« Reply #2280 on: March 12, 2018, 08:33:52 AM »
How does it run on the Switch in portable mode?

I actually will probably rebuy OPW3 again to have it in portable form. It's funny because I loved the game despite knowing absolutely nothing about OP going in.

I only have heard of one piece, that trailer makes it look like a really wild property.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2281 on: March 12, 2018, 11:50:09 AM »
How does it run on the Switch in portable mode?

I actually will probably rebuy OPW3 again to have it in portable form. It's funny because I loved the game despite knowing absolutely nothing about OP going in.

I only have heard of one piece, that trailer makes it look like a really wild property.

You can add me to the club- I know about One Piece and the characters, but still have yet to really sit down and read it or watch much beyond some of the movies (would like to one day!).  But the game is fantastic as a musou title.  Pirate Warriors 2 was pretty good as well.  It's only the first game that was kinda garbage.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2282 on: March 14, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
Pre-ordered a physical copy of Pirate Warriors 3 Switch at Play-Asia.  :pimp

Attack On Titan 2 is out next week...like the original, gonna pass.  There's just something about AoT in general that I don't like.
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #2283 on: March 14, 2018, 04:55:57 PM »
Is warriors pro hi ultimate 3 (or something like that) any good? I just realized I own it on xbone.

Edit: this is another example of Japanese companies being pure garbage at naming their games. Like what the fuck is a warrior orochi ultimate 3?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2284 on: March 14, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
Is warriors pro hi ultimate 3 (or something like that) any good? I just realized I own it on xbone.

Edit: this is another example of Japanese companies being pure garbage at naming their games. Like what the fuck is a warrior orochi ultimate 3?

That's one of the best, if not the best musous, period.  Check this thread...praise about all over the place!  :)

I don't get what you're talking about with the name.  :lol  The game series is called "Warriors Orochi" in the west.  The "Warriors" part refers to the type of game and "Orochi" is the big bad.  Ultimate was the last and most-content packed version of the game.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: WARRIORS OROCHI ***4*** ANNOUNCED
« Reply #2285 on: March 17, 2018, 03:27:25 PM »
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Musou Orochi 3 (Warriors Orochi 4) got announced!  :o

ど助平

kingv

« Reply #2286 on: March 17, 2018, 05:34:51 PM »
My problem with the naming is just the naming of Japanese properties in general. It’s like unless you
Mainline weeb forums it’s hard to figure out what any of that shit is.

Like, wtf kind of name is One Piece or Senran Kagura, or God Eater?

The names are just very indescriptive and don’t give many clues to what any of them actually are.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2287 on: March 17, 2018, 06:07:28 PM »
If I just saw titles like "Mirror's Edge" or "Titanfall" or "Horizon Zero Dawn" I'd think the same thing. 
:idont

They also pretty much always do the "Warriors" font in the same style on all these games (Japan uses the same "Musou" font).  So someone who played Dynasty Warriors would recognize it if they saw a box for Gundam Warriors or Warriors Orochi.  I also can't think of many other games with those spear-wielding dudes on them.

One Piece- The name of a big, legendary pirate treasure.  Explained in the intro to the TV show.  Anyone familiar with that series knows what it is and One Piece is pretty big.

God Eater- The term describes the protagonists who can use the weapons in the game to kill the monsters, from what I understand.  Never played it.

Senran Kagura- A bit more complex.  "Kagura" is the highest rank a ninja can achieve and this is a game about ninja girls fighting each other.  It's the "senran" part that is up for debate.  It's not a normal Japanese word AFAIK.  "Sen" is flash and "Ran" is revolt/rebellion/war.  So usually people kind of say it as "flash war/uprising to be Kagura" or whatever.  The anime version uses the subtitle "Ninja Flash!" which probably would have made for a good localized title, but they decided to keep the original title. 

I also saw a post suggesting that "senran" (閃乱) could be a word play on "inran" (淫乱), which means "lewd."  Knowing the game's perverted producer, that makes a whole a lot of sense.  :lol

Now go play Warriors Orochi 3
:bolo
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:00:24 PM by bork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #2288 on: March 17, 2018, 07:01:30 PM »
Yeah, I guess western titles are just as bad. Maybe it’s just that weeb games don’t get the advertising budget, so I never know what they are.

I’ll get to orochi soon!

I need to beat yakuza kiwami soon. I need Nishiki to have redemption. I’m tired of seeing him bow to everyone and crying.

MoxManiac

« Reply #2289 on: March 18, 2018, 05:55:47 PM »
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Musou Orochi 3 (Warriors Orochi 4) got announced!  :o

(Image removed from quote.)

DW9 newcomers in an actual good game? I hope so!  :hyper
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2290 on: March 18, 2018, 07:03:28 PM »
Didn't like DW9, Mox?
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2291 on: March 19, 2018, 01:51:51 AM »
Western release this year confirmed as well. https://gematsu.com/2018/03/warriors-orochi-4-coming-west-2018
Hi

Svejk

« Reply #2292 on: March 19, 2018, 07:48:06 PM »
 :betty

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2293 on: March 19, 2018, 08:44:11 PM »
 :lol  They already have movies like that though.  ???
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2294 on: March 21, 2018, 09:58:20 PM »

Hyrule Warriors at 60 FPS.  It's like I've died and gone to heaven.  :lawd

Trent Dole

« Reply #2295 on: March 22, 2018, 02:43:58 AM »
Take the 0 away and that's about the framerate legends runs at a lot of the time on my 2DS. :-[
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2296 on: March 22, 2018, 08:06:10 AM »
Take the 0 away and that's about the framerate legends runs at a lot of the time on my 2DS. :-[

Wow  :lol

They should have made that N3DS-only, lol.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2297 on: March 22, 2018, 10:22:35 AM »
Wonder what the fps will be with split screen. 

MoxManiac

« Reply #2298 on: March 24, 2018, 02:04:23 PM »
Is it 60fps in portable mode too?
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2299 on: May 02, 2018, 07:27:57 AM »
Robin Hood and Francis Drake in Fate/EXTELLA Link!

Holy shit at her move set!  :lol
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2300 on: May 02, 2018, 08:42:53 AM »
Bork, How's that DW9 going.  Sounds like it's fallen off the map already.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2301 on: May 02, 2018, 08:51:56 AM »
Bork, How's that DW9 going.  Sounds like it's fallen off the map already.  :doge

Too much going on and not enough time to play all these games.  :'(

Am waiting to see what the upcoming DLC is going to do.  They're adding more weapons in, which has already set off Jim Sterling.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2302 on: May 09, 2018, 07:45:58 AM »
Warriors 4 info!

Update 05/08/18 at 11:39 p.m.: A few additional details have come in.

A PC version of Warriors Orochi 4 will also be released, albeit at a later date than the console versions in Japan.

Of the 170 playable characters in Warriors Orochi 4, five are new and have still yet to be revealed. The enemy this time is Zeus. The five new characters are likely to be chosen from the Twelve Olympians such as Athena and Poseidon.

The new “Divine Art Action” system adds new elements such as Divine Arts and Deification.

Collaboration characters such as Ryu Hayabusa will not appear in the game.

Update 05/09/18 at 12:35 a.m.: More details have come in.

Summary: The heroes who defeated Orochi returned to the places where they belong. All of their memories were lost. However, their worlds will once again come together. The eight bangles are the keys to return to their original worlds. And it appears that Zeus is behind it all. What is his purpose?

Equipping the sacred treasures enables the use of Divine Arts. These have various effects, such as attacks that round up several enemies.

One of the new stages is in the style of the Parthenon temple in Greece.

Collaboration characters will not appear in the game because the goal is to return to roots and greater depict the relationship between the Warring States and Sengoku periods.

Yoshitaka Murayama is supervising the game’s setting and story.

Orochi will be a key player this time. Orochi and True Orochi exist simultaneously. The details are still a secret.

Familiar controls, like Square + Square, and Square + Square + Triangle, will return.

By progressing through the “Deification” story, key characters will become available for use, and by meeting certain conditions during battle, their appearance and actiosn will power up.

The game uses a three person per group system.

Elements like Free Mode will be included.

Share multiplayer (likely meaning one Joy-Con per player) is still under consideration for the Switch version, mainly because there is a lack of buttons.

Warriors Orochi 4 is targeting a fall release in Japan. Development is currently 50 percent complete.

Seems all good with the exception of them leaving out guest characters.  That sucks.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2303 on: May 09, 2018, 10:44:21 AM »
    Warriors Orochi 4 is targeting a fall release in Japan. Development is currently 50 percent complete.
:what 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2304 on: May 09, 2018, 01:32:59 PM »
It's an Omega Force joint which means recycled assets up the wazoo.  I'm sure it will make it.
:idont

Something that comes to mind about the lack of guest characters- watch Koei exclude them from the base game but then offer them as DLC.  :-\
:rage
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2305 on: May 09, 2018, 09:41:17 PM »
Yeah, even when these games have declining sales, the budget on them has got to be pretty small. They just crank them out in a year each re-using tons of assets. When they were selling at their prime, you can bet Koei was getting rich on these games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2306 on: May 10, 2018, 11:01:44 AM »

ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2307 on: May 10, 2018, 04:57:57 PM »
:lawd them screens.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2308 on: June 06, 2018, 10:55:22 PM »
Fate/Extella Link is out in Japan on PS4 and Vita.  I picked up the digital PS4 version since the American release isn't due out until Winter.

The game looks like it got a pretty nice overhaul from the original and looks a lot nicer.  I'm just doing the beginning tutorial area but it's already showing more depth since they've added a number of attacks (you can now press R1 to bring up a menu of four special moves to select) for each character, increased the roster, and even added 4P co-op online multiplayer.  Good stuff!

EDIT:

Did a couple more levels.  Man, they really improved this game in pretty much every way possible over the original!  Just about every complaint I had about the first game has been addressed here.  Don't know if there's going to be more than one story route, but unlike the original, it appears to be one big story with multiple playable characters.  No more sticking with one servant for the entire storyline and you can select who you want to use between levels!  I've generally been skipping the story but they've put more effort into even the visual novel stuff and it seems to be more streamlined now.  In-between levels, you play as the master character and can walk around a little base camp area and interact with servants, upgrade skills, change characters, and more. 

In-game, you travel between zones and conquer them like in the original, but you no longer have to fight the enemy for the key/music note-looking items (forget what they were called) and instead it appears to be all about the combat, which is a welcome change.  I don't miss some levels taking hours to complete because the enemy would get the upper hand in one zone and I'd race over to it only to find they took over another one on the other side of the map over and over again.  Your new moves allow you to kick a lot more ass more quickly.  There's also better enemy variety this time around including "shadow servant" enemy clones of the main characters to fight.

This game looks absolutely gorgeous and is a huge upgrade over the first game visually.  I really wonder how the Vita port is- it has got to be a big downgrade in this area.  I don't think there's any footage or even screenshots of it up anywhere yet, which makes me wonder if it's a shit port.

So yeah, this is a big surprise to me.  Am really impressed with how much it has been improved over the first game!  Hoping this gets a Switch port by the time the English version is released too.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:54:36 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2309 on: June 07, 2018, 09:41:32 AM »
Curiosity got the best of me- downloading the Vita version now. 
:stahp
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2310 on: June 07, 2018, 10:15:23 AM »
Well shit- the Vita version is pretty good!
:leon

Obvious big visual downgrade and looks on par with the first game.  Noticeably lower framerate and less enemies on-screen, but I'm pretty sure there's still more than the first game and the game plays smoother on there.  They did some changes to the button mappings to make up for the lack of L2 and R2, but it all works pretty well.  Good job, Marvelous.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2311 on: June 08, 2018, 03:17:16 PM »

:gladbron
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2312 on: June 19, 2018, 04:27:45 AM »

October 16th :hyper
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2313 on: June 19, 2018, 07:10:29 AM »
Only a couple of weeks after the Japanese version...awesome!  Dunno if I'm gonna be able to hold out but I'll try.  :lol

Switch version:

They're aiming for 60 FPS and 720P undocked/1080P docked, so that means obvious visual downgrade, but it basically looks like a PS3 musou so that's OK with me.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2314 on: September 21, 2018, 09:46:25 PM »
Orochi 4's "godspeed" version is up now for J-PSN pre-orders.  Lets you play the first 10 chapters of the game and 30 characters a week before release, IIRC.

Some footage.  Looks to be running nice and smooth on PS4, thankfully.

Am passing on importing this since the American version is only a few weeks after the official release next week.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2315 on: September 28, 2018, 07:37:23 AM »
Now that Warriors Orochi 4 released in Japan, Koei Tecmo announced that the game won a Guinness World Record for “Most playable characters in a hack-and-slash video game.”

170 characters!
ど助平

Trent Dole

Re: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread
« Reply #2316 on: October 01, 2018, 05:23:15 PM »
About two weeks away for NA :hyper Wait how are they outdoing 3 for character # if it's primarily Dynasty/Samurai people. :thinking
Hi

Himu

« Reply #2317 on: October 01, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »
zeus is so hot

fuck me zeus
IYKYK

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #2318 on: October 03, 2018, 12:17:02 AM »
wait fate etc series is musou? or only extella? time to get the vita out..

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2319 on: October 03, 2018, 08:21:50 AM »
wait fate etc series is musou? or only extella? time to get the vita out..

Fate/Extella and its sequel Fate/Extella Link (coming out in English next year!) are the only two musou-type games in the series.  Extella is a sequel of sorts to Fate Extra on the PSP but you don't need to have played it to play Extella.

If you have a capable PC, PS4, or Switch, I'd get Extella on those platforms over Vita for performance reasons.  Extella Link is a nice improvement on the original, but I'd recommend playing Extella first since the story is a direct continuation.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2320 on: October 07, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »
I've been grindan away on Hyrule Warriors for Switch and I'm getting pretty bored/tired of all of the dumb rules on the adventure mode.  I don't like to ignore large swaths of content but I think I'm going to have to make an exception for this one.  Also some of the characters really suck and being forced to play as some of them in some of these levels is a huge pain in the ass, regardless of what level they are at or how powerful their weapons are.  I definitely consider Fire Emblem Warriors to be the superior Musou game.  Game clock shows I've put in over 90 hours in this game and I think it would be 200+ if I go through all of the stages.  Not worth it in my opinion.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2321 on: October 16, 2018, 05:00:35 PM »
OROCHI 4 IS OUT GONNA PLAY NOW
:phil
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2322 on: October 16, 2018, 05:03:17 PM »

:hyper
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:17:59 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2323 on: October 16, 2018, 09:31:39 PM »
Warriors Orochi 4 impressions after playing for a bit:

-Got this on the Switch.  For the most part, it looks and runs really well (docked).  Appears to be running at 1080P and runs at 30 FPS with dips here and there.  Looks on par with Samurai Warriors 4 on PS3, I.E. has some pretty nice character models.  Some stages may have more dips than others.  IIRC it's 60 FPS on Steam, Xbone, and on PS4.  Have already seen some complaints about the PC port so would recommend checking this out on the consoles to be on the safe side. 

-There's two game modes- Story and Battle Arena.  Battle Arena is a 2P vs. (or 1P vs. the CPU) game where you run around a small battlefield trying to conquer and hold onto points throughout.  For whatever reason, this mode runs noticeably worse than the Story mode does, even though there's way less going on and the map is much smaller.  Weird.

-Saw some complaints on Steam that the game seems lower budget than WO3, that it's missing cut scenes and the like, and has no connection to the previous games.  This is 100% bullshit.  It still has movie cut scenes, mentions the events of the previous game right in the beginning, and it's easily on par with WO3 so far from a quality standpoint.

-There's no more camp area where you walk around.  Instead it's menu-based and works much faster because of it.  You can also do mock battles inbetween levels to test out character moves and new abilities.

-The game plays in the 'old school' musou style, I.E. just like WO3 and on set maps.  No Dynasty Warriors 9 type open-world or completely changed up gameplay going on here.  Initially it feels just like WO3, although the Samurai Warriors cast play like their SW4 versions. 

-After you clear the intro stage and start playing the first "real" level, however, the characters get magic items, which give you three unique special attacks to use for each character (and an additional magic gauge, which autofills pretty quickly and drains a bit for weak attacks, takes a whole gauge for strong attacks, and takes the whole gauge plus the musou gauge for the strongest attacks), basically giving the game a kind of Sengoku Basara play style (or DW9...in a good way!) and giving you even more attacks to use for combos.  Combine this with switching characters in the middle of combos and you can go nuts! :hyper 

-Was wondering where mounts were initially.  They're now part of the magic system and can be summoned!

Back to it!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2324 on: October 16, 2018, 09:57:09 PM »
Sun Quan's medium magic attack is a Kamehameha blast!  :lol

:bow This game :bow2
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2325 on: October 16, 2018, 11:58:06 PM »
Seven-man group magic attacks
 :dsp
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2326 on: October 17, 2018, 01:51:52 AM »
Downloading now! :hyper
But my card might be too low for it. :doge
I'll just run it on minimum. :teehee
Hi

Trent Dole

« Reply #2327 on: October 17, 2018, 04:09:24 AM »
Seems to run fine, game is an Orochi, which means it's friggin great.
Seven-man group magic attacks
 :dsp
Shit is hilarious, love all the new absurd special moves everyone has.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2328 on: October 17, 2018, 07:32:09 AM »
I love how they all do different poses like a group of Power Rangers :lol

:lawd
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 08:25:33 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2329 on: October 17, 2018, 07:39:08 AM »
Koei just announced Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition DX for Switch.  Out in Japan in December- Guess they realized they forgot to port that over.  Wonder if Samurai Warriors 4 or 4-II are next?   :lol
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2330 on: October 17, 2018, 08:57:25 AM »
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition DX
 :dead
Any other subtitles they can throw in there?  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2331 on: October 17, 2018, 12:09:47 PM »
Should be "Dynasty Warriors 8 XL: Now Including All The Shit We Sold As DLC That Should Have Been Free LOL We Charged Like $50 For OUTFITS Ha Ha Edition"
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2332 on: October 17, 2018, 03:58:39 PM »
Should be "Dynasty Warriors 8 XL: Now Including All The Shit We Sold As DLC That Should Have Been Free LOL We Charged Like $50 For OUTFITS Ha Ha Edition"
$50 you say? Doing some quick maths ( :teehee ) via the DW8XL Steam page outfit pack DLC adds up to about $89. :lol
Costume DLC is generally for suckers, but I'll admit I'm probably going to do the WO4 Season Pass since it includes some more scenarios and those separately will end up costing about the same so may as well do the few bucks extra for some dumb outfits/mounts/etc. :doge
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2333 on: October 17, 2018, 05:59:44 PM »
$50 you say? Doing some quick maths ( :teehee ) via the DW8XL Steam page outfit pack DLC adds up to about $89. :lol
Costume DLC is generally for suckers, but I'll admit I'm probably going to do the WO4 Season Pass since it includes some more scenarios and those separately will end up costing about the same so may as well do the few bucks extra for some dumb outfits/mounts/etc. :doge

I already got the season pass for it. 
 :woooo

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And all the outfits that were put up
 :joker
[close]

Most of the outfit sets for sale kinda suck.  The SW cast just get a bunch of yukata and that's it.  I'm sure they're going to be selling more recycled outfits later on for suckers like me.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2334 on: October 20, 2018, 07:09:39 AM »
I managed to play a couple of hours of this game on the switch.  WO3 was one of my favorite games of all time and I liked what I saw from WO4.  I hope to dig in deeper these next few days.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2335 on: October 22, 2018, 09:47:17 AM »
Am currently into Chapter 4 and loving the hell out of the game.   My go-to character ended up being Kai, who I've never really used too much before.  Her magic attack is water-based and IMO anyone with this kind of magic is a top-tier character because of it.  The R+Y magic attack for these characters surrounds them with a water field that attacks enemies non-stop until it dissipates.  You can take out multiple officers and magic enemies with ease and keep doing normal attacks/musous or even switch to another character while this is going on.  Feels OP as hell.  :lol  I have her a good 15-ish levels higher than everyone else and have a maxed-out weapon...she's basically an unstoppable tank so I just use two other characters to get leveled or check out their movesets and then bring out Kai to clean house or stop a more powerful officer. 

Tried one of the Hundun stages (he pops up and then a random cleared stage will have a special "Pandemonium" difficulty level available) and got whupped pretty quick.  Did OK with Kai in there but you don't heal so I ended up taking too much damage and got KO'd after switching characters. 

Is it just me or did they really spread out the character unlocks this time around?  I remember getting the majority of the characters in Warriors Orochi 3 much faster than how things have been progressing here.  Crazy that after so many levels I still am missing 'normal' characters.  I forgot Zhao Yun was even in the game -lol- until he popped up as an enemy and then didn't get him until sometime the next chapter IIRC. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2336 on: October 25, 2018, 08:58:54 AM »
More Warriors Orochi 4:

Checked for updates yesterday and a patch installed that added a challenge mode, the DLC levels from the season pass, and some extra outfits.  I bet this was up like a day or two after the game released.  :lol :dizzy

Still getting new stuff unlocked- now some (I assume everyone after they hit a certain level) characters have additional magic weapons you can equip!  Same style of magic but different attacks.  Seems to make the magic more like some other types of magic weapons, I.E. I changed Kunoichi's and her wind magic now functions the same way as Kai's, Honda's, and Xing Cai's water magic, I.E. super-awesome and useful.

And now the story is introducing Norse mythology into the mix and Loki has popped up.  It really would have been nice to have had way more Greek and Norse gods in this game instead of the small handful they have now.  Would have preferred more of them as new characters, plus the guest characters from WO3 and WAS instead of it being 90% DW and SW.  Still doesn't stop the game from being a fuckin' blast in the end at least.

And still don't have everyone playable.  Some characters haven't even shown up in the game at all yet!
:dead

I also like that one of the enemy officers who shows up is named Kratos, lol. :doge
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2337 on: October 28, 2018, 08:10:10 AM »
I've been so busy that I finally got a chance to spend most of yesterday afternoon playing this game.  Finished the second chapter.  One thing I noticed is that for the higher difficulty levels, if you want to S rank the level, you are pretty much depending on using magic the whole time.  The game so far appears to have cut out most of the fluff outside of the levels themselves, which I think is a positive change from WO3.  The biggest gripe I have is that when you have a low level character, it feels like the game is a slideshow.  I'm playing it docked on the Switch which yeah I know it's going to be the inferior version but it seems like after you build your character level up high enough, the "slideshow" effect seemingly goes away.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2338 on: October 28, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »
The biggest gripe I have is that when you have a low level character, it feels like the game is a slideshow.  I'm playing it docked on the Switch which yeah I know it's going to be the inferior version but it seems like after you build your character level up high enough, the "slideshow" effect seemingly goes away.

Do you mean the framerate?  Can't say I noticed that- some stages are just worse-performing than others.  Doesn't have anything to do with character levels.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2339 on: October 29, 2018, 10:39:53 AM »
Am still missing some characters in Warriors Orochi 4.  Got some more in the last couple of stages including a few that I forget even existed.  :lol  At this point I'm still waiting to try the actual new characters who have been added and would really like to get SW4 favorite Koshoushou added.  I think I'm close to hitting Chapter 5 and she pops up in the first side stage that unlocks after finishing the first level of that chapter.  It's pretty insane how spaced out some of these character unlocks are.  I just got Cao Cao in a recent level and he's a pretty big part of the DW games.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:46:29 AM by bork »
ど助平