Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 343320 times)

Himu

Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread
« on: June 18, 2011, 11:48:36 PM »
I MADE UP MY MIND NEVER TO SHED TEARS AGAIN

Comes out June 28th, got my pre-order paid off.

Name your systems. Playing on 360!

Who is getting it and does this have story co-op? :hyper

[youtube=560,345]zwburHwxhBE[/youtube]
[youtube=560,345]Y4emn7UMpSU[/youtube]

You guys better get this because this seems to be last Musuo released stateside in quite some time. :(
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:59:38 AM by bork »
IYKYK

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
I still haven't gotten the second round of DLC for DW7 yet and they already haveanother friggin game out. I think there's going to be goofy outfit for all four factions so that'd mean at least three more rounds o' stuff? Think I'll just wait until the rest is all up and then have a all day binge. As for this my knowledge of Gundam is basically none which could be offered as an excuse to opt out except that it was also true of my three kingdoms era China knowledge before getting into these games.  8)
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Nah, I'm passing on this.  I haven't sunken nearly enough time into DW7 and SW Chronicles, and I still have SW3 to finish.

ど助平

Himu

Guess I'm the only one getting it for 360 then.
IYKYK

Himu

This game looks so slow compared DW7. :(
IYKYK

This game is SOOO 6 months ago. :lol

I noticed that PSN has changed all of my Gundam Musou 3 trophies into Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 trophies.

Have fun with it Himumu-chan, it's a good game.
野球

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Guess I'm the only one getting it for 360 then.

Although you will find many superior 360 owners here, only a slim amount care about XXXYYYXXXYYYsucked
fat

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I'll probably buy it.  I don't have my 360 online so no go on the online coop.

Might be the last 360 game I buy.  I've been thinking about just pitching it in the trash and getting a bluray player instead.
🍆🍆

does this have story co-op?

No story co-op. Online co-op is a separate mode with separate, basic missions.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:12:40 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

Well, that didn't take long.
©@©™

Bebpo

Best musou game ever.  LE needs to play this!

Himu

Well, that didn't take long.

The first one is a quote in the game, haha.

Best musou game ever.  LE needs to play this!

how so? I thought you didn't play Dynasty Warriors?
IYKYK

BEST MUSOU GAME EVER
野球

Himu

WHY AND HOW
IYKYK

It just is, but I'm sure you've hyped yourself up for it so much that you'll end up finding it "meh," like you do on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:26:49 AM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

Yeah, it just is

Himu

I'm really not all that hyped. I'm just getting this because it's Gundam and you kill things. I've never played a DW: Gundam outside of DW: Gundam 1's demo.
IYKYK

Have fun with it, even though us real mecha bros spent our Christmas vacation playing the shit out of it.
野球

Himu

I'm not a big mecha fan. I just like Gundam!
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
I don't like 00 (I want Exia, goddammit) but will give this a try one day.

MoxManiac

I always get musou games on PS3, sorry himumu :(
no

Himu

This game play vid makes the game look so fantastic. Much faster than other vids I saw. Looks about as fast as DW7.

[youtube=560,345]aL8xWw5E0bA[/youtube]
IYKYK

Bebpo

It's faster than DW7.  Do you have jetpacks on your back in DW7?!!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Himu, they're Gundam freaks.  DAT BIAS   :lol ;)

This is also an older title than DW7 is, so it makes sense that it would feel like a step "back."  I have read that the game has shitty mission design, so I will pass.
ど助平

Himu

It's faster than DW7.  Do you have jetpacks on your back in DW7?!!

Even then, three levels of speed boosts looks 10x faster than any vid of DWG3 I've seen.

Example:

[youtube=560,345]7_2YiDValN0#t=1m20s[/youtube]

Go to 1:20

DW7 is fast as shit. Even "slow" characters are fast and fluid. 

That said, I picked up the DW: Gundam demo and it's a lot more fun when actually playing it. Kinda like Musuo Orochi games. Both are very slow but fun when you learn the movelists.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 07:38:28 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Himu

Gamestop's have the game.
IYKYK

Himu

omg the dub :rofl

[youtube=560,345]AKPDiZ0u_hQ[/youtube]
IYKYK

Does it have the original music and Japanese audio? I heard the NA versions of the first two games were missing the original music.
野球

Himu

It has the same soundtrack except for the anime songs, and it has Japanese VA
IYKYK

Bebpo

Shame the anime songs aren't in, but the koei tracks are really great in this one.  Really get the blood pumping.

Himu

Got it.

Loving this game. So much to do and so many ways to customize. The amount of missions is ridiculous. Fun. :) Also, the game is great with combos, probably more so any Musuo I've played. I have been juggling enemy officers for what seems to feel like a full minute due to Unicorn Gundam's (:rock) moveset.
IYKYK

For the love of God, it's MUSOU.
野球

Himu

Oops.

Anyway, I got like 900 kills on the first mission. :lol
IYKYK

Bebpo

Got it.

Loving this game. So much to do and so many ways to customize. The amount of missions is ridiculous. Fun. :) Also, the game is great with combos, probably more so any Musuo I've played. I have been juggling enemy officers for what seems to feel like a full minute due to Unicorn Gundam's (:rock) moveset.

Unicorn is sooooooooooooo ridiculously overpowered in this.  You can pretty much stay in Unicorn mode the entire map.

Himu

how?
IYKYK

Bebpo

Kill stuff and build meter?

Himu

Oh, the musou? Yeah he builds that meter real fast. Love that Gundam.
IYKYK

Himu

haha i seem to be the only person on the internet who got this

bomba
IYKYK

Trent Dole

The koei warriors subforum for it was pretty dead yesterday and if there's no enthusiasm there...
Hi

Himu

we've been discussing it quite a bit in the SA Gundam thread, Trent:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3420912&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=5
IYKYK

Trent Dole

Yar, I saw the SA thread was pretty active after posting that. This looks to be similar to Strikeforce in structure. :yuck
Hi

Himu

How so?
IYKYK

Trent Dole

Going from room full of dudes to kill to room full of dudes to kill.
Hi

Himu

It's helped by the fact that the different Mobile Suits all feel so different. But yeah, so far, very little variation in mission design but it's so fun. I think the biggest obstacle is the fact that officers (including yourself) regenerate in battle. I dunno, it's a good thing and bad thing. One one hand, I feel takes away from the strategic nature of Musou, on the other hand, it adds to the strategic nature because simply dying equates to loss in morale (which means you have a bigger chance in losing).

But I'm early in so variety can certainly be coming.
IYKYK

bomba

Like I said, us awesome mecha-bros bought this back in December.
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
bought it, hags
duc

Himu

let's do some online, prole.

btw 00 Raiser is my favorite so far. Full Frontal's MS is beyond awesome, I really like Unicorn Gundam but 00 Raiser is that much better. Finally Garrod's assist fucks everything.
IYKYK

Bebpo

Gundam DX is my favorite unit.  The jump up AIR FUCKING NUKE YOUR GROUND UNITS musou will kill multiple generals instantly.  Not too mention wipe out the entire room.  The GP02 has a similar attack but it's much weaker and smaller radius.  Also DX has some siiiick normal combos.  Throw that MAGNET skill on that pulls enemies towards you and C5 or C6 will almost always trigger it.  So good.

Himu

My biggest complaint about this game is the lack of mission variety. I love the game, but I'm not finding it as fun as Dynasty Warriors 7, where every map was different and every map had a specific goal. Sometimes you have to run away in DW7, maybe you need to take control of a catapult station so you can storm a castle, maybe you need to protect someone, maybe the enemy is planning an ambush and you can sneak up behind them for a sneak attack or just rush in. No matter what it is, every stage on DW7 offers something new.

I enjoy the more large scale battles of DW more than the skirmishes of DWG3. Not only do they make the game feel more "epic" (I hate using that word) but they lend to the game's design as well by giving it a ton of more variety.

I love the whole strategy motif in DWG3, but every map doesn't have to be the same thing with the same goal.
IYKYK

Bebpo

What it offers is new awesome gundams and new awesome pilots shouting in moon language

spoiler (click to show/hide)
it could have some more variety
[close]

Himu

On the flip side, the formula does make for very casual play. This morning before my job interview I booted it up and played a short mission. Beat it in 5-6 minutes. On the other hand, I really enjoy those 20-30 minute long missions of Dynasty Warriors and Warriors Orochi.

Another good thing about this game is that the enemies will kick your ass. Just a few hits and you'll be at half health or even in the red, trying to get to safety.

Really fantastic product overall.
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer

bomba

I bought it today.  Will probably start playing later this week when I have a few hours to play.
🍆🍆

Himu

Unlocked Loran and tried Turn A. I had high hopes because the Turn A is my favorite Gundam mobile suit.

And...it didn't disappoint. Pooled like 50k gold into Loran and Turn A.

Loran, my love.
IYKYK

Bebpo

Wat

Did you play GM1/2?  Turn A was great back then, but he's super nerfed now.  I got frustrated everytime I tried to use him because he was so weak.  Turn A vs. mobile armor = CRY ON

Himu

This is my first GM.
IYKYK

Bebpo

I envy you

40 full mobile suits to use.  All new and exciting with their movelists and musous.  You will get a lot of play out of this.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
awesome musou. one of the best yet
duc

Himu

Jesus Christ, I take back what I say about Turn A. Either that or it's this Memorial Mission I'm trying to complete which is ridiculous. I'm fighting like 4 ace pilots at once and doing shit damage. I find Turn A to be really random. Its level 2 air SP attack is pretty good, and I've killed enemies with almost full bars with it, but on the other hand, it takes forever to get some mobile suits' health down. What the fuck.

For the record this mission is rated 4 stars in terms of difficulty. I'm gonna try with my 00 because this shouldn't be this tough. Maybe I'm underleveled. My Turn A is level 22 and I haven't been able to upgrade the stats due to lack of cash.
IYKYK

Bebpo

Turn A just does weak damage.  It's a bad unit in this one.  Use Turn X instead; much better.