Author Topic: Pallando will return in "Never Say Never Again"  (Read 1247334 times)

Mupepe

• Icon
Someone is going to call you daddy in bed! Get ready for it

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
My relationship is turning to shit and I don't like it. Derp.

You could suggest doing the whole take a "break" for a week thing so you can each cool-down and relax a bit. Then come back and see if it was working well together or if you should just try to do an amicable break-up.

I would not recommend doing what I advise on these things unless you can get a second opinion also saying to do it.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
y'all get too lovestruck too quick. you need MORE rejection, not less, until you learn to save your limerence until 4+ dates in
duc

Robo

I will gladly give the farm to anyone who is into me for more than my prize-winning hog.  :-[

obo

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
y'all get too lovestruck too quick. you need MORE rejection, not less, until you learn to save your limerence until 4+ dates in

Meanwhile, I'm to the point where I'm all like, "wtf do you want to date ME for?  I'm crazy, go away."

...which isn't working. 
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Is dating the stuff you do in between having sex?

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Was at a wedding this past weekend, since I'm one of the only 3 single guys left in our circle of friends, and the only one of those 3 that are seeing a girl at the moment... I keep on getting asked "when are you and D gonna make things official?" I dunno, I'm always bad at these things. Even if the situation with me and the girl in question is going really well...
^_^

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
Hope is about 90% extinguished. Christ, I wish people would mean what they say and say what they mean. I could have been over the whole thing in an hour if she'd just said straight-up that she didn't really see this going anywhere. Instead I get to languish for days. Fuck that shit.

And the whole "her silence is an answer" shit... fuck that. This is clearly something that people do all of the time, and it needs to stop. How about an answer being an answer? I'm a big boy; I can handle a direct rejection.

Tomorrow I'll give her a call after the close of business day and see for sure. Literally nothing to lose as long as I don't pull a Malek.

Jesus dude. You really do need to try and temper your emotions. It was one date. How fucked up are you gonna be if someone drops you after six months? Or hell, six years? Until you can figure that out you probably shouldn't be pursuing a relationship.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Rejection doesn't affect me nearly as much as waiting around. If she were to text right now saying "You're a great guy, but I'm not really feeling it," I'd be perfectly fine. It's the not knowing that turns me into a wreck.

Agreed. And it's not just with respect to dating. I hate having to wait for potentially bad news, be it a followup to a job interview or a medical test.

Polari

Perhaps, but it's more that you're so emotionally invested after one date. Idk.

Mupepe

• Icon
I agree with polari. You gotta learn to not care. The itch you get after sending the texts and waiting for a response is what's wrong. This isn't just directed at you awesome-o. Its not a problem to be a little annoyed or even disappointed but that's life. But you guys get really worked up. Its probably not wrong to assume that women can also read that insecurity in other mannerisms when you're on the date with them.

Phoenix Dark

Awesom-O is also a pretty competitive, serious guy, and I'd imagine some of the tension comes from an "I did everything right, this should work" view. I could be wrong of course, and I'm not criticizing, just that's what I'm picking up.

Mupepe

• Icon
Rub your nuts on it and fuck it hard. Just don't injure your member with it.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
You know in all of the sci-fi movies (Star Wars, etc) nobody predicted how stupid texting actually feels. But they also never showed sex.

You gotta tell her you don't want to text anymore.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
OMFG, she had apparently texted back yesterday, but I didn't get it due to some phone issue. We are going out again on Sunday.

Fuck my phone.

Well, at least you didn't jump off a building or something, because then you'd feel really silly.
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Jesus Green relax bro  :-[

You think about it way too much. It probably comes across. Need to care less.

To you guys, sure. To her, no way. I suffer in silence.

Perhaps. But I can't help but think it must manifest to some extent in the way you interact with women. Maybe not though.

Polari nails it.

It must ooze out somewhere.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
AWESOME-O, it's great that she actually wrote back, and another date is on the immediate horizon.

Part of what compels you is your focus and drive, which serve you well in competitive settings, but probably less so in cooperative or collaborative ones like dating.

When reading your earlier statements, I couldn't help but feel that you are demanding that she proceed according to your rules of communication. If you can learn that other opinions are equally valid to your own, compromise becomes more natural.

My apologies in advance if this seems patronizing.

FatalT

RELATIONSHIPS: The thread of your life tied into a neat knot with the 'other'
« Reply #4637 on: August 02, 2013, 11:47:34 AM »
Single again! Lesson learned on dating someone extremely young.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Single again! Lesson learned on dating someone extremely young.

I know this feel
yar

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
Isn't FatalT like 19?
vin

Phoenix Dark

Isn't FatalT like 19?

As FatalT's lawyer I will advise him not to respond to this question.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
I have dates with teachers on Friday and Saturday, one short and curvy and one blonde, tall and fit.

Time for the sparks to fly.  :-\

Flannel Boy

• Icon
 :maf

FatalT

Isn't FatalT like 19?

Thank you Dr. Dark!

Flannel Boy

• Icon
I'll grade this date a D for disaster.

She asked me out for dinner, but decided to eat a meal right before our date. And, guess what, she's a teetotaler. Of course, while she watched me eat and drink she still couldn't make conversation.

Me: "blah blah blah"
Her: "OK" *looks away completely uninterested* *reads texts*

She did talk to me more when we got outside, insulting me in the third person by going on about how she's had bad experiences with online dating and "white middle-class men who are academically smart but socially stupid."  :derp

Phoenix Dark

That's an L on her side, not yours. You did your part, assuming your conversation wasn't  :derp

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I wouldn't even know what to say after the "socially stupid" line. I'd expect a laughtrack or something.

Phoenix Dark

Malek: ....well I had sex with your wife

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Don't online dating profiles list if someone doesn't drink? I would have thought that's a red flag for you right away (cuz you so mopey).

Anyways, you should have told her you may be a yuppie but you got thick skin and a big cock.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
That's an L on her side,
I'm pretty sure she's straight.

Malek: ....well I had sex with your wife
See above.  :derp

You did your part, assuming your conversation wasn't  :derp
That's always a big assumption. I stayed away from GS's sterilization policies, but still.

should have told her you may be a yuppie but you got thick skin and a big cock.
That's only half true, unless we're talking about the thick uncircumcised skin on my big cock.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Bad date signs: Your date laughs hysterically after you finish a joke, but when you look up at her you realize that your punchline simply coincided with a funny text she received from Ian.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Bad date signs: your date tells you that she would like to date someone who is just like herself--because she's a size queen.

OK, she didn't add that dependent clause. Still, what kind of narcissist wants to date someone who is just like him or herself?

Phoenix Dark

Bad date signs: your date tells you that she would like to date someone who is just like herself--because she's a size queen.

OK, she didn't add that dependent clause. Still, what kind of narcissist wants to date someone who is just like him or herself?

you went out with a cheeseburger?

Flannel Boy

• Icon
edit: that was the joke.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:02:12 AM by Flannel Boy »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
*drinks more*

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Join a local club or something, this is just miserable.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Maybe you should have talked about sterilization policies.

No one is going to try to impregnate her.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Isn't FatalT like 19?

FatalIT is living Fistful's dream.

Polari

I'll grade this date a D for disaster.

She asked me out for dinner, but decided to eat a meal right before our date. And, guess what, she's a teetotaler. Of course, while she watched me eat and drink she still couldn't make conversation.

Me: "blah blah blah"
Her: "OK" *looks away completely uninterested* *reads texts*

She did talk to me more when we got outside, insulting me in the third person by going on about how she's had bad experiences with online dating and "white middle-class men who are academically smart but socially stupid."  :derp

I hope you at least tried to sleep with her still.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Teachers keep giving me Fs
« Reply #4659 on: August 03, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »
Teacher Number 2 managed to look more beautiful in person than she does in her profile pictures. She also turned out to be very nice, smart, and quirky. Anyway, I thought the date was going reasonably well, but then she stopped it, along with our conversation about cats and dogs, to tell me that we're "too different." She then immediately went for her purse and started to get up.

And, of course, she didn't even offer to go dutch. She makes $75k, she asked me out, and she told me to die in a fire. The least she could do is offer to split the bill.

edit: "Romantic rejection does not invalidate you as a person."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:58:57 PM by Flannel Boy »

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
:whoo cold blooded.

Phoenix Dark

What are you saying to these women
:dead

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Wow that's awful dude. I am however impressed with how you keep dating still and I'm sure it will work out for ya in the end.

If not, I'll send a wild Shaka Khan your way.
Well, on my way home I was telling myself this was the last date I'd go on. But I already agreed to go on a date with someone from the RCMP. 

:whoo cold blooded.
I guess I have to admire her balls. When she said that I tried to maintain my poker face, but Phil Ivey I am not.

What are you saying to these women
:dead
Dogs > cats

A transcript of my dates would reveal nothing offensive, except for some minor innuendo and double entendres.

Barry Egan

Second date with Star Wars Girl tomorrow. To be honest, I'm not even excited about it anymore. I'm not sure I even want to date people.

probably for the best, population growth being what it is. 

Flannel Boy

• Icon
Second date with Star Wars Girl tomorrow. To be honest, I'm not even excited about it anymore. I'm not sure I even want to date people.

During the date, tell her you guys are too different. Then tell her she has shitty taste in movies and hope that she doesn't bring up Avatar.

Phoenix Dark

Feeling more Clone Wars than Empire Strikes Back?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
It's just too much work.

This is pretty much where I'm at.  I don't even want to think about dating or a relationship until I'm done with school.  Just wanna focus on that shit, get done and get a job and start my life over somewhere.  Sometimes you wanna go where nobody knows your name.
yar

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: Teachers keep giving me Fs
« Reply #4667 on: August 04, 2013, 12:07:04 AM »
Teacher Number 2 managed to look more beautiful in person than she does in her profile pictures. She also turned out to be very nice, smart, and quirky. Anyway, I thought the date was going reasonably well, but then she stopped it, along with our conversation about cats and dogs, to tell me that we're "too different." She then immediately went for her purse and started to get up.

And, of course, she didn't even offer to go dutch. She makes $75k, she asked me out, and she told me to die in a fire. The least she could do is offer to split the bill.

edit: "Romantic rejection does not invalidate you as a person."

You got off lucky and cheap. It only cost you a couple hours and the price of a single meal to learn that she's selfish and cheap.

Phoenix Dark

To be fair I'm not sure I've ever gone out to eat with a woman and not paid, without even asking. It's sexist or whatever but I'd feel like a bum if the woman paid.

Bebpo

So I kind of fucked up according to advice here.

After 5 weeks of silence since the whole drama thing I had between ex-best-friend girl and jerkbag guy who was friend until he stabbed me in the back.  I went to an event today where girl was (because we have mutual friend circles).  I knew she was going to be there and I planned on saying hi and leaving it at that because we'd ended it, I'd moved on with my life (PD or someone said if she ever came back it's something like "Winter is coming but the gates of Winterfell have closed" or something nerdy cool like that).

Well I didn't talk to her at the event and she didn't try to talk to me, but I heard her say something to someone about some random topic while I was nearby (and within an earshot) and she said something like "it's the hardest choice because the one you leave behind is going to hate you forever" and I felt bad and then at the end when she was leaving I asked if she could talk outside for a minute and I told her that I don't hate her and it is what it is.

And she apologized like crazy, said the guy broke up with her because she was "weak" and he couldn't be with a "weak" girl and set goals that she needed to accomplish before he would ever take her back.  She said he was everything I told her that he was, crazy, manipulative, sexists, controlling, an asshole.  And that she felt so guilty about me.  She said her last goodbye text she sent to me where she didn't want to be friends anymore was basically written by him and that he set a rule at the start of their relationship that if she wanted him she was not allowed to ever talk to me or see me.  Yeah, that's not an excuse; who says "ok" to that and cuts off their "best" friend because they have the hots for a guy?  And that she learned a life lesson and thought the price was losing her best friend and that she had destroyed and napalmed our bridges to death and she was in a bad place.

Now I have a weak spot for girls, especially people I care about, being like that and I couldn't just keep a straight face and give her that Winterfell line.  So I consoled her and said it's ok, that we all said a lot of things we didn't mean towards the end and that people make mistakes.  That our friendship isn't napalmed to death, but just broken and damaged and we can repair it over time.  That if she's in trouble I'm still there for her, but I'm not getting involved in any of her relationship drama because I can't deal with that again.  She said she wouldn't want or expect me to get involved because she hurt me so much last time and she is going to get strong and independent on her own two feet over the next few weeks.  And I said that's great and totally what she should do.  And she had to run and I told her she could still text me if she wanted and it'll be ok.  And she texted me later saying that she really appreciated everything.

So yeah, I'm still just human and I can't cut her off.  I'm going to keep some distance and just BE FRIENDS with her again very, very slowly and I have zero romantic inclinings now or in the future with her.  I can't afford to get invested with her because she'll just cut me off and hurt me again in the future unfortunately. 

And I brought up the whole thing about how the rumors being spread against me were the one thing that really hurt me and according to her (and I believe her on this) she told it to the dickbag guy confidentially and not in a bad way and that he promised her that he wasn't saying anything bad about me to other people (when in actuality he was twisting things around and telling everyone to try to steal friends from me and make me seem like a bad person).  She was shocked that any of this had happened and said she had no idea.  Unfortunately I believe her, she can be really naive and if the guy said he wasn't doing it, she'd believe him.

Ok, now it's time for everyone to laugh at me and my human weakness for girls in trouble that I care about.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:09:55 AM by Bebpo »

Barry Egan

I'd be really turned on if a woman was that blunt with me during a date.  Worth the price of the meal I'd say. 

edit: irt Malek's date, obviously.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
BEBPO, NO

NO, BEBPO

:snoop
yar

Bebpo

You basically gave her Bran's last line from A Clash of Kings. Winterfell's not dead, just broken like me, and all that. Good job.

Oh and speaking of you, I've got the next week completely free from M-Sunday.  Let me know what day you don't have a date on F/Sat/Sun night and let's grab dinner.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
L-O-to-the-maximum-L
duc

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Bebpo, this is the part where you know she's not remotely ready for a real relationship but you still want to push her to find somebody else so that she's not your problem anymore.

To be fair I'm not sure I've ever gone out to eat with a woman and not paid, without even asking. It's sexist or whatever but I'd feel like a bum if the woman paid.

Well if you're the one asking them out then you are kind of offering to pay for whatever happens but some girls will get offended if you just automatically pay for everything. I did have a girl gently chew my ass out once for not slapping her money away when she put it down (as a test). I think if they really like you, they'll insist on paying at least their half and you should accept that no matter how rich/sexist/oblivious you are just not to offend them.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Bebpo, this is the part where you know she's not remotely ready for a real relationship but you still want to push her to find somebody else so that she's not your problem anymore.

Well if you're the one asking them out then you are kind of offering to pay for whatever happens but some girls will get offended if you just automatically pay for everything. I did have a girl gently chew my ass out once for not slapping her money away when she put it down (as a test). I think if they really like you, they'll insist on paying at least their half and you should accept that no matter how rich/sexist/oblivious you are just not to offend them.

I dunno, in this age of equality, if both parties are interested in going out, seems like it should be OK to assume you're both paying your own way so neither one owes anything to the other.

I have no idea what the situation was when you got your ass "gently chewed out," but maybe you should have given her quid pro quo for putting something out there as a test, and then letting them know that they'd failed it. How far did that relationship go, anyway?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Paying for a girl in 2013  :lol

If you find a woman nowadays that expects you will pay for her dinner you should ask her if she also plans to quit her job once the baby is there, stay home and cook and clean. Cause by letting you pay the bill on the first/second etc. date that is what she is offering I assume.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
No I told her that I would just think it's rude if I tried to reject that gesture since it shows that somebody is just trying to be fair and in fact I've had girls get upset when they saw me ready to pay before them. That was like a second date and obviously we didn't do anything again. I've never done any meal, movie, or anything over $5 for a first date. I'm usually the one talking most of the time so it makes sense to do something where they have as much chance to talk as possible.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
To me, on the first date, if you asked somebody out, you should pay.  Now if a girl asked me out, she should be expected to pay.

As you keep going on dates, you just keep switching it up so it evens out.  Splitting a check in half is awkward so fuck that.
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

If she put down her money fine, I wouldn't snatch it off the table and demand she not pay. But especially on the first date, I get my wallet out fast enough so that there isn't any ambiguity. Even if she asked me out on the first date.  Or if she pays I'll leave a larger tip than normal.

It's not about going out with women who can't pay for shit. 95% of the women I've ever gone out to eat with, be they friends or dates, were more than capable of paying for their own shit. I just see it as a gentlemanly thing to do.