Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1266867 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT| After that, and THE END [#FuckGainax]
« Reply #10020 on: March 17, 2020, 08:14:57 PM »
Yeah, that was probably the most intense episode out of the whole series.
dog

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10021 on: March 19, 2020, 08:34:05 AM »

Borealis

« Reply #10022 on: March 21, 2020, 06:26:38 AM »

Still very apprehensive about this.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10023 on: March 21, 2020, 09:26:30 AM »
Still not a fan of the overall aesthetic, but I trust Kenji Kamiyama.
dog

« Reply #10024 on: March 21, 2020, 09:53:08 AM »
It's been a year since I've seen Ergo Proxy I think and I'm really in the mood for another gritty, serious show like that.

SAC looks good. I could finally finish Monster...

r̻̖͉͗a̜̬͍̪͈͑ͣͥ̇̒̒i̮͉ͧ͐͊̔̍̑s̱̯̘͇̳̆ͥ̎̆o͙͓͈̪̝̲͂̅͐ͅn̠̑̅͑ ̲̼͖͕͉̠̳͊̑͗ͥd͕̝̱̖͉͈ͥ̒̔ͦ'͕͔̩̟ḙ͉̳͑͆͊̒͊t̥̙͕ͪ̊̑̃ͪͣr̭͇͕̘e͈̙̬̲

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10025 on: March 23, 2020, 12:36:54 PM »
The official website for the second season of the television anime of Afro's Yurucamp (Yurukyan△, Laid-Back Camp Δ) manga revealed two teaser visuals and the January 2021 premiere on Monday.

:rejoice
dog

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #10026 on: March 24, 2020, 02:28:49 AM »
You can thank me later.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10028 on: March 24, 2020, 07:58:52 PM »
I swear to god you, mmarsu and nintex are the same.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10029 on: March 24, 2020, 08:45:48 PM »
I believe it's called Dutch Disease
每天生气

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10030 on: March 25, 2020, 11:05:03 AM »
Just like a Dutch poster to take something nobody cares about to absurd levels because of their inability to understand any form of human interaction, particularly when it comes to things like humor and expression.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

« Reply #10032 on: March 26, 2020, 09:27:01 AM »
It's been a year since I've seen Ergo Proxy I think and I'm really in the mood for another gritty, serious show like that.

SAC looks good. I could finally finish Monster...

r̻̖͉͗a̜̬͍̪͈͑ͣͥ̇̒̒i̮͉ͧ͐͊̔̍̑s̱̯̘͇̳̆ͥ̎̆o͙͓͈̪̝̲͂̅͐ͅn̠̑̅͑ ̲̼͖͕͉̠̳͊̑͗ͥd͕̝̱̖͉͈ͥ̒̔ͦ'͕͔̩̟ḙ͉̳͑͆͊̒͊t̥̙͕ͪ̊̑̃ͪͣr̭͇͕̘e͈̙̬̲

(Image removed from quote.)

why is that dude even in the comic

it makes no sense

and his surprise reaction is also kinda dumb

he just sits there with the exact same expression 3 out of 4 panels

It's the research guy that follows her around and pines after her for half the show.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10033 on: March 26, 2020, 08:23:10 PM »

:rejoice

Tasty

« Reply #10034 on: March 26, 2020, 09:11:37 PM »
Have an extremely strong urge to check out Code Geass for the first time. I have scattered memories of the dub back in the day, so know the general setup and characters, but almost zero of the plot. I know it's full of cheese and WTF but I kinda need that right now. They don't make anime like they used to in the mid-2000s.

Beezy

« Reply #10035 on: March 26, 2020, 10:18:34 PM »
Lol please do it.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #10036 on: March 26, 2020, 10:21:18 PM »
Have an extremely strong urge to check out Code Geass for the first time. I have scattered memories of the dub back in the day, so know the general setup and characters, but almost zero of the plot. I know it's full of cheese and WTF but I kinda need that right now. They don't make anime like they used to in the mid-2000s.
The latter parts of the second season and the first season once it gets going had me on the edge of my seat like no anime before it lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10037 on: March 26, 2020, 10:21:45 PM »
It's terrible.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10038 on: March 26, 2020, 10:37:24 PM »
code geass lmao
dog

dkdk

« Reply #10039 on: March 26, 2020, 10:40:57 PM »
Code Geass is still a classic

Tasty

« Reply #10040 on: March 27, 2020, 06:59:47 PM »
Either Geass first time or I rewatch Scryed second time  :yeshrug

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10041 on: March 27, 2020, 07:38:54 PM »
Either Geass first time or I rewatch Scryed second time  :yeshrug

:tocry

Tasty

« Reply #10042 on: March 27, 2020, 07:44:48 PM »
WECKLESS FIYAH :gladbron

shosta

« Reply #10043 on: March 27, 2020, 09:42:32 PM »
Expecting a blowout finale for interspecies reviewers... It's been a hell of a journey.
每天生气

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #10045 on: March 28, 2020, 05:08:33 PM »
Your Lie in April

I finished episode 16. This anime is very much up my alley. I love music, emotional tales, romance, self-growth, self-realization, competitiveness (which is sort of odd in a way cause I think people wouldn't describe me as competitive). I'm enjoying very much so far. Sometimes the music sets up the emotion in the scene so well, oh it's great. Though I have some qualms. More so in the first 5 episodes perhaps rather than now.

At some point I got tired with the main character not being able to hear the notes. Or rather, we know that, but the anime keeps on showing it in a very descriptive way and a repetitive way. We know his issue. Stop putting us in his head when that happens. Give us other people's reactions. Stop flashing back to his dead mom.
Now I know that it is all consuming and that's not my issue. It's just how the anime always deals with scenes when he goes into "I can't... hear the notes again... I'm drowning in the nothingness." The way the show expresses this has gotten monotonous.

The other thing, and I almost can't believe I'm saying this cause I love nothing more than an anime that makes me bawl like a little bitch. This anime is naturally emotional. Characters have true and honest reasons to be sad or angry. It's very human. But the anime seems to try to push for that emotions at times when it's not really there and just comes off like they want to hit an emotional quota. It's ok boys and girls. You can let the foot off the peddle and let the anime breathe. It's unnecessary to reach for these moments. The show itself has plenty that tugs on the heartstrings in a sincere and honest way. 

It's like the old "look that asshole eating those crackers" kind of thing. I'm sure that asshole has done more than enough to make you angry, but now it's just nonsense that you're actually complaining about. You're overselling when you don't have to because the reasons that person is an asshole is good enough. It's kind of like that in this anime when it comes to emotional outbursts.

But it appears as the anime continues on it gets better about just letting things play out, letting the emotions genuinely come as they need to instead of reaching for them. And man, MAN this anime has some fantastic lines for us dreamers. These little nuggets of wisdom. Oh and I love that the blonde girl has a very John Frusciante approach to music. I picked up on that immediately and was like "yes. YES! I know exactly what you mean. Your musical ethos is spot on."

And now a spoiler:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is she gonna die from ALS?  :'( :'( :'( Shit's very hard to watch as you see her losing her footing. Can't grip things. It's very emotional as I knew a person who had and of course died from ALS and it's, phuuuw, horrifying. Maybe it's some other "animu illness". Either way I'm ready for the worst, but I'm still gonna cry and curl up into a ball if it happens. These characters are very well crafted. It feels like you really know them. So if tragedy happens I know it's going to trigger me.
[close]

So yeah. Loving this so far.

Tasty

« Reply #10046 on: March 28, 2020, 06:07:49 PM »
I absolutely hated that show. Faux-twee bullshit that'd surely star Shailene Woodley if they ever made a US adaptation.

shosta

« Reply #10047 on: March 28, 2020, 06:08:05 PM »
wrong thread

Dorohedoro was the best show of the season
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:13:47 PM by shosta »
每天生气

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #10048 on: March 28, 2020, 06:21:19 PM »
I absolutely hated that show. Faux-twee bullshit that'd surely star Shailene Woodley if they ever made a US adaptation.

Lol I can see that.

I guess at this point I might as well add that I'm a huge fan of 500 Days of Summer. Not that it's an anime, but when I saw "faux-twee" I figured I may as well state that too.

edit: and I like this too which is some faux twee BS haha https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dreamers_(film)

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #10049 on: March 29, 2020, 04:47:29 AM »
Finished Your Lie in April.

What the hell, no need to delay and go straight to typing in spoilers code

That last episode man. I'm spent. First, the performance. It's a beautiful piece in and of itself. Then the mirage of blonde girl shows up to add to the piece with the violin. It's something as a viewer you longed for and our characters longed for, but have not been able to see through due to "animu sickness" that the blonde girl is suffering from. The strength of their bond is so strong that its as if she's with him. And then, she stops.

She stands and looks to our main guy. He hopes that mirage continues playing, but it does not and as he finishes off the piece it disappears in a stunning, brilliant looking way. And this whole performance is beautifully animated. A huge highlight of the entire show. It's something else, really. However, you just want to know that this isn't the end. That the boy and girl will meet again. All the boy says while sitting at the piano after the conclusion of the performance is "goodbye". And I knew, I knew what that meant. Last episode. Who am I kidding. Everything I just witnessed during that performance tells me what I need to know. It's true. She's gone. I accepted it. It's sad, but I was prepared. Or so I thought.

As the boy leaves the cemetery he's given a note from the girl's parents. He starts to read it and as the visuals are presented and he reads aloud the words I start balling. I can't hold back the tears at all. What we've experienced with these characters and all that lead up to this. The the idea of being heard and not being forgotten. To do something memorable for someone that they will always remember you. I mean she was I don't know, 15 or whatever age middle school concludes in Japan. People's lives go on. Are they going to hold onto a memory of someone as they go into high school, into college, into marriage. Was your life just a moment that will be forgotten by all? You weren't able to record anything to a record. Your career as a musician halted immediately. Any potential is gone for you to being able to continue and leave your mark. So all you have is the hope that hopefully somehow you did enough that someone will hold onto your memory and you won't be lost to time before completely fading away as if you never were.

It's sad and terrifying. Too young. Too young to be met with this fate.

I balled again during the credits.

I'm still having the odd strand of tears that I'm holding back now. I'm done. It's been a long time since an anime ran over me like a train.
[close]

So that was something. Gonna log off for a few days. You all have a good one. Peace

Tasty

« Reply #10050 on: March 29, 2020, 05:25:04 PM »
K so Geass, sub or dub?

shosta

« Reply #10051 on: March 29, 2020, 05:31:48 PM »
Code Geass is the 1% of animes where the Dub is just as good as the Sub so go ahead with the Dub
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #10052 on: March 29, 2020, 05:34:00 PM »
Code Geass is the 1% of animes where the Dub is just as good as the Sub so go ahead with the Dub

I do like me some JYB

shosta

« Reply #10053 on: March 29, 2020, 05:37:47 PM »
I liked your comment earlier when you first said you'd check it out but forgot to comment... Code Geass is basically that ultimate power fantasy type of anime that existed in the early 2000s (like Death Note) and the first season is a tour de force. Second is meh but also has some good moments and you should watch anyway for the sake of completeness. My only complaint is that literally all of the slice of life elements in CG should have been cut out.
每天生气

Beezy

« Reply #10054 on: March 29, 2020, 06:03:23 PM »
dub?! :-\

Let me go find a vid of Lelouch's laugh in the dub...

Ok I'm not mad at that. Watch whichever version you want.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 06:07:31 PM by Beezy »

Tasty

« Reply #10055 on: March 29, 2020, 06:55:01 PM »
Ten minutes in and uhhhh not sure what I'm in for brehs. Not sure I can make it....

Tasty

« Reply #10056 on: March 29, 2020, 07:00:30 PM »
:dead

Every 5 minutes, :dead

Hamret :dead

Sueaky six year old "I will obliterate Britannia!"

"Loulou is sooooo hot haha" :wtf

"Oh hey childhood friend, fancy meeting you here."

"That's not poison gas! What is it?" <- Real actual literal direct quote

:crazy

shosta

« Reply #10057 on: March 29, 2020, 07:13:24 PM »
just tough out the slice of life content for the battle sequences and melodramatic laughter
每天生气

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10058 on: March 29, 2020, 07:35:03 PM »
You were warned.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #10060 on: March 31, 2020, 01:47:18 AM »
 :-[

shosta

« Reply #10061 on: March 31, 2020, 01:51:01 AM »
Bro did I get you on an Ergo Proxy kick? :lol <3
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #10062 on: March 31, 2020, 01:55:27 AM »
I'm feeling a bit nostalgic over it now that it has entered my mind again.
Quarantine amplifies mulling over things. And hm... post-apocalyptic "fiction" sure seems interesting now.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #10063 on: March 31, 2020, 01:56:42 AM »
Thinking over it more, I am a sucker for the tsun archetype :thinking

shosta

« Reply #10064 on: March 31, 2020, 02:01:50 AM »
Might rewatch Mnemosyne again for the fifth time. For the lesbian scene.
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #10065 on: March 31, 2020, 02:08:25 AM »
yuri*

:expert

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #10066 on: March 31, 2020, 02:59:49 AM »
Finished Your Lie in April.

What the hell, no need to delay and go straight to typing in spoilers code

That last episode man. I'm spent. First, the performance. It's a beautiful piece in and of itself. Then the mirage of blonde girl shows up to add to the piece with the violin. It's something as a viewer you longed for and our characters longed for, but have not been able to see through due to "animu sickness" that the blonde girl is suffering from. The strength of their bond is so strong that its as if she's with him. And then, she stops.

She stands and looks to our main guy. He hopes that mirage continues playing, but it does not and as he finishes off the piece it disappears in a stunning, brilliant looking way. And this whole performance is beautifully animated. A huge highlight of the entire show. It's something else, really. However, you just want to know that this isn't the end. That the boy and girl will meet again. All the boy says while sitting at the piano after the conclusion of the performance is "goodbye". And I knew, I knew what that meant. Last episode. Who am I kidding. Everything I just witnessed during that performance tells me what I need to know. It's true. She's gone. I accepted it. It's sad, but I was prepared. Or so I thought.

As the boy leaves the cemetery he's given a note from the girl's parents. He starts to read it and as the visuals are presented and he reads aloud the words I start balling. I can't hold back the tears at all. What we've experienced with these characters and all that lead up to this. The the idea of being heard and not being forgotten. To do something memorable for someone that they will always remember you. I mean she was I don't know, 15 or whatever age middle school concludes in Japan. People's lives go on. Are they going to hold onto a memory of someone as they go into high school, into college, into marriage. Was your life just a moment that will be forgotten by all? You weren't able to record anything to a record. Your career as a musician halted immediately. Any potential is gone for you to being able to continue and leave your mark. So all you have is the hope that hopefully somehow you did enough that someone will hold onto your memory and you won't be lost to time before completely fading away as if you never were.

It's sad and terrifying. Too young. Too young to be met with this fate.

I balled again during the credits.

I'm still having the odd strand of tears that I'm holding back now. I'm done. It's been a long time since an anime ran over me like a train.
[close]

So that was something. Gonna log off for a few days. You all have a good one. Peace

I loved YLIA!
Ya, felt glum for a day or two afterwards.  :(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10067 on: March 31, 2020, 08:42:38 AM »
https://www.retrocrush.tv/

Interested- it's a free (ad-supported) new anime streaming service, focusing mainly on shows from the 70s, 80s, and 90s!

Doesn't seem to be a way to watch this on PC?
ど助平

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #10068 on: March 31, 2020, 09:49:29 AM »
https://www.retrocrush.tv/

Interested- it's a free (ad-supported) new anime streaming service, focusing mainly on shows from the 70s, 80s, and 90s!

Doesn't seem to be a way to watch this on PC?

Unfortunately I don't think so.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT| Interbore Reviewers
« Reply #10069 on: March 31, 2020, 12:07:29 PM »
seems like the same ppl that run midnight pulp, a lot of content overlap

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #10070 on: March 31, 2020, 02:40:56 PM »
http://www.midnightpulp.com/

a lot of cult shit and even some jp pink and exploitation classics (if you want more of that there is this)

« Reply #10071 on: March 31, 2020, 03:10:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/gundam_hathaway/status/1242468101209198592
https://twitter.com/gundam_hathaway/status/1242467869771747329

gundam forever

Is Hathaway less of a fucking bitch in this one?

It really depends. The original novel source material could be modified based on Unicorn now existing.
野球

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10072 on: March 31, 2020, 09:26:10 PM »
My friend gave me a copy of Cardcaptor Sakura on Blu-Ray and I've been mainlining it the past two days. It's kawaii. :uguu
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #10073 on: March 31, 2020, 11:01:48 PM »
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10074 on: April 01, 2020, 02:07:50 AM »
Shost, did you finish Casshern? Tasty for the love of god dont watch code geass :lol

shosta

« Reply #10075 on: April 01, 2020, 02:13:54 AM »
I can't find time to watch it... It's not really something you put on to unwind at the end of the day :lol

I'll make an effort to finish it though. This week.
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #10076 on: April 01, 2020, 02:19:52 AM »
Put it on when you specifically hate yourself, you'll only find bleakness and despair there :lol

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

Tasty

« Reply #10078 on: April 01, 2020, 12:42:43 PM »
Casshern might not be the one to watch right now. :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10079 on: April 02, 2020, 04:07:41 PM »
so im on initial d fourth stage rn... and...

well...

WHERE'S MY EUROBEAT!?!? :maf :maf :maf

Just put this on in the background.

©@©™