Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1282257 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
so did that hi score girl thing happen or not? They said october but we're in the middle of novemeber and I'm seeing nothing.

Yes- episode four was last weekend.  You can only get it fansubbed right now.  Am assuming that Netflix has the rights to this new season and are waiting for it to finish before they put it up next year, like the first season.  Not gonna wait for that!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ah cool thanks, I'll just torrent it

:drudge
ど助平

Tasty

https://twitter.com/neumaverick/status/1196169028835979264

:notlikethis

Someone's gonna post an AnimeMusicVideos.org version of this and it's gonna give me a heart attack

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
feeling nostalgic anibros :tocry

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
ど助平

Tasty

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
im done, ending on the highest note

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

Get hype for more Made in Abyss. :rock
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-11-24/hi-score-girl-gets-spinoff-manga-about-koharu-hidaka-in-december/.153637

The December issue of Square Enix's Big Gangan magazine revealed on Monday that Rensuke Oshikiri is launching Hi Score Girl DASH, a spinoff manga of his Hi Score Girl manga, in the magazine's next issue on December 25. The manga will focus on the character Koharu Hidaka, who is a middle school teacher close to 30 years old in 2007.

ど助平

Bebpo

Finished Carole & Tuesday S1. First TV anime I've watched since Devilman Crybaby/IBO since I'm pretty out of the scene. I liked it. The robo-ai making a music video ep was hilarious and best ep, but the rest was all good and it was nice that it didn't have any of the embarrassing perv stuff in modern anime. Music was a bit all over with some good/fine stuff and some cringy a bit. Definitely Watanabe's 3rd best show after Bebop/Champloo. I sorta enjoyed the boring Kids on the Slope but this was much better and I heard the terrorist one was so bad I didn't even bother watching it. Oh and I tried watching Space Dandy and that was cringe af. So glad Watanabe is kinda back here. Good mix of style and music and Mars.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Oh and I tried watching Space Dandy and that was cringe af.

:nugenix
ど助平

Shuri

just started watching Evangelion for the first time.

Tbh I was expecting slick mecha actions, but so far it feels like 'what if a resetera poster was a mech pilot'.  I like the production values, but yeah. Maybe I'm just too old for this. Nothing is really explained.  The main guy gets bullied at school for being a mecha pilot.  :doge.

Was the manga more detailed? He get selected because he's the designer's son and he can somehow handle the mech handling for some.. anime reasons.

Where are those angels coming from? Why are they attacking the same city over and over again?

I'm watching episode 3 as I'm typing this, and he's constantly losing his shit. I know he's supposed to be young but..  :doge

I can see how this was amazing for it's time. I would rent anime tapes from times to times back in the days and I never ended up renting this, but I can tell I would have liked it back then.

Netflix also has two other movies available.. The DEath of Evangelion and another one.

I know that the end gets super weird and everybody dies, but eh.

Is it worth watching?

edit: Ok, now he just stabbed the giant squid thing and he's crying like a bitch in the cockpit. I don't have time for this.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Time is not what you lack. :bolo

Bebpo

:'(

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Oh and I tried watching Space Dandy and that was cringe af.

:nugenix
fuck you bebpo :maf

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Finished Carole & Tuesday S1. First TV anime I've watched since Devilman Crybaby/IBO since I'm pretty out of the scene. I liked it. The robo-ai making a music video ep was hilarious and best ep, but the rest was all good and it was nice that it didn't have any of the embarrassing perv stuff in modern anime. Music was a bit all over with some good/fine stuff and some cringy a bit. Definitely Watanabe's 3rd best show after Bebop/Champloo. I sorta enjoyed the boring Kids on the Slope but this was much better and I heard the terrorist one was so bad I didn't even bother watching it. Oh and I tried watching Space Dandy and that was cringe af. So glad Watanabe is kinda back here. Good mix of style and music and Mars.

I couldn't stand the music in Carole & Tuesday. Also, the episodes of Space Dandy are patchy, but that's what makes the show so good. Honestly I hated the Boobies stuff at first but after a while the parody element sorta clicks in. The show is making fun of weeb fanservice shit. Give it another go for me  :heartbeat

The episode chronology is practically non-linear, so watch the ep "Even Vacuum Cleaners Fall in Love, Baby" or "Lovers Are Trendy, Baby"

Plus Terror in Resonance was pretty good, idk, i'd give it a chance

Tasty

He get selected because he's the designer's son and he can somehow handle the mech handling for some.. anime reasons.

Yeah... keep watching...

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
I think this belongs here

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
ARE YOU SURE THE FBI CANT ARREST YOU IN JAPAN
dog

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

this looks insane

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
I watched the first two parts of soul eater this weekend while I was playing a tap game on my phone

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Drop YuYu after the dark tournament, watch  two shot & all or nothing instead, then hop straight into Hunter x Hunter, same author, but he made so many improvements from YuYu. P.s. YuYu was the first anime that I loved.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
also the music in this anime kinda sucks :doge maybe one piece has spoiled me

:steiner

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
https://kotaku.com/anime-studio-mysteriously-vanished-with-artists-unpaid-1840334657

Pretty crazy, this studio released a few series and a movie and then just dropped off the face of the Earth, with freelancers unpaid and no one able to contact the head of the studio.
©@©™

Tasty

If you're watching both, watch them in order. If you're just doing one, do 2011.

Some might suggest starting with the older and then switching to 2011 for the chimera ant arc onwards, but ehhhhh I don't recommend it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I read the 2011 version is closer to the manga version. But sometimes anime makes improvements. Like there are some moments here and there in early One Piece that I think were slightly better in the anime. :doge

And I also prefer the old anime esthetic. :doge

Which one looks closest to the manga version?

:thinking

Did this guy ever finish the manga or is he still playing Dragon Quest or whatever?  Or am I getting him confused with the Berserk guy?  Or is it both of them?  Haven't checked on how Bastard is doing or Gunnm in a while, either.  WHY U CAN'T FINISH UR SHIT GUYS
 :existential
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:40:12 PM by pork »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
The Berserk guy was too busy playing Idolmaster to finish Berserk.
©@©™

Tasty

Certain things are more accurate in '99, but the series also has way more non-canon filler. There's also a minor similarity with Fullmetal Alchemist '03 vs. Brotherhood, where certain decisions in the early episodes made way more sense for new viewers in the older series vs. the newer.

'11 gets down to brass tacks immediately. Most of the complaints of '11 revolve around a minor de-emphasis on gore for the first ~20 episodes (after this, it stays pretty true to the manga despite some pretty dark moments in the back-half of the series), and a preference for '99's general tone, mood, and/or atmosphere, particularly in the Yorknew City arc.

'11 was my introduction to the franchise so I'm biased, but I really do think it's probably the best way to consume the series. It's extremely manga accurate, is animated by one of my personal favorite studios (MadHouse), and does more justice to Togashi's art than his own work.

What the manga has going for it is that it's ongoing, and '11 unfortunately had to end (on a fairly high note.) But otherwise I think '11 represents Hunter x Hunter at its best and most accessible.

Tasty

Which one looks closest to the manga version?

(Image removed from quote.)

:thinking

Pictured is the original run, below is the Blu-ray tankoubon version:

Other revisions are more pronounced:

But Togashi is still a great artist and I'll fight anyone who implies otherwise.

Did this guy ever finish the manga or is he still playing Dragon Quest or whatever?

https://hiatus-hiatus.github.io

Or am I getting him confused with the Berserk guy?

Or is it both of them?  Haven't checked on how Bastard is doing or Gunnm in a while, either.  WHY U CAN'T FINISH UR SHIT GUYS
:existential

Tasty

Looking at the two I'd take Berserk's scheduling in a heartbeat. Berserk fans don't know how good they have it. :rkelly

Literally two whole calendar years in the last half-decade without a single new chapter. :rkelly

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Was gonna finish soul eater on Netflix but I guess I did lol what netflix animu should I have on the background for my weekend depression?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Kill la kill it is lol what is

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
KLK is wild and crazy, sometimes a big mess.
dog

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Y does the mom want to fuck all her kids tho

Tasty

Y does the mom want to fuck all her kids tho

She evil

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Well besides the heavy pervy vibes it was pretty fun

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
you should watch casshern sins and reflect quietly on the nature your soul

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Demi already made me watch elfen lied once, is it like that?

Edit: I wikid it, I think I might have seen that one

Tasty

Casshern Sins redefines existential nihilism. It's great, but took me multiple tries to get through.

The English dub is good, too (watched both versions.)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Really enjoying Hunter x Hunter so far :rock I'm on episode 17 or so.

Ya I’m watchin it too, p dope