Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1266429 times)

Himu

Re: Official Manly Anime Thread of Joseph Joestar Vs. Vampires
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2011, 12:58:09 AM »
I think manga, in its current form, owns. There are plenty of amazing manga titles. Anime, however is a mixed bag, so I tend to stick manga. The only anime I still watch regularly is One Piece unless there's a new Gundam out.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2011, 01:00:07 AM »
I'm not really a lapsed anime fan, but I've at least got the good sense to know that it's gone downhill since the 90's closed.

Disagree. It started going downhill around 2005-2006 when moe really, REALLY took over.
IYKYK

cool breeze

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2011, 01:01:00 AM »
Downhill?  Pish posh.  This is brand new and it sounds amazing.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many%C5%AB_Hiken-ch%C5%8D

Plot

In a reign ruled by the Tokugawa shogunate, breasts mean everything. If you have breasts, you are guaranteed wealth and popularity. If you lack them, you are rarely considered "human". Members of the ruling Manyu Clan help raise the future big breasts. Written on a secret scroll possessed by the clan, there is said to be various techniques on how to grow big and beautiful breasts. Chifusa is to be successor of the clan. However, she takes the secret scroll and runs away with it, hoping to fight against the cruel world that the Manyu Clan has created...

ugh, no breast milk? I'll stick to seikon no qwaser

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2011, 01:06:08 AM »
Downhill?  Pish posh.  This is brand new and it sounds amazing.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many%C5%AB_Hiken-ch%C5%8D

Plot

In a reign ruled by the Tokugawa shogunate, breasts mean everything. If you have breasts, you are guaranteed wealth and popularity. If you lack them, you are rarely considered "human". Members of the ruling Manyu Clan help raise the future big breasts. Written on a secret scroll possessed by the clan, there is said to be various techniques on how to grow big and beautiful breasts. Chifusa is to be successor of the clan. However, she takes the secret scroll and runs away with it, hoping to fight against the cruel world that the Manyu Clan has created...
Wherever I go I must be a dirty poor :(

Himu

« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2011, 04:39:44 AM »
:bow sci-fi channel :bow2

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME AWESOME ANIME WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER I LOVE YOU

MWAH

:bow

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2011, 04:57:27 AM »
Lodoss War to this day has a breathtaking opening

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2011, 04:58:07 AM »
anime hasn't so much gone downhill as picked a different valley of shit to wallow in

it's a disgusting form of entertainment and you should all be embarrassed/considering suicide for liking it
dont make me go Sonic the Hedgehog on you

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2011, 05:01:27 AM »
You smell like cow poo sir

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2011, 05:15:57 AM »
anime does suck

lets watch freakazoid
萌え~

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2011, 06:24:42 AM »
At least my fur is clean /hmpf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »
Seeing as how this thread has generated more discussion than the "official" thread, this is now the new Bore anime thread.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
finally a man of taste

wanna get a mint?

:-\
IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
anime does suck

lets watch freakazoid

:bow
Drunk

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2011, 09:19:16 AM »
someone recommend me a big robot anime. preferably something with cool mech design and nice fights where teenaged animu feelings are at a minimum pls.

Himu

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2011, 09:21:43 AM »
someone recommend me a big robot anime. preferably something with cool mech design and nice fights where teenaged animu feelings are at a minimum pls.
What was the last mecha anime you watched?

Gurren Lagann if you haven't seen it.
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2011, 09:28:03 AM »
Saw the Patlabor series many moons ago I think. I thought Gurren Lagann was some naruto type stuff? they have robots in that?

Himu

« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2011, 09:33:59 AM »
Gurren Lagann is this:

IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2011, 09:35:18 AM »

Dai-Guard

Plot

ugh, no breast milk? I'll stick to seikon no qwaser

Oh, no, it gets there eventually. :lol

:-\
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:47 AM »
You watched that crap?   :lol  I couldn't get through the first episode...it looked like they were gonna cut off some big-breasted chick's titties after the one evil chick bit them.  That was enough for me!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:42:47 AM by lyte edge »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2011, 09:39:25 AM »
What does "teenaged animu feelings" even MEAN? You mean you don't want a whiny teenage lead? Or you don't want drama?
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2011, 09:42:13 AM »
You watched that crap?   :lol  I couldn't get through the first episode...it looked like they were gonna cut off some big-breasted chick's titties after the one evil chick bit them.  That was enough for me!

No, I could tell from the start that it wasn't something I cared to watch, but it gets brought up from time to time so I feel like I need to justify my hatred by seeing how low it dips into absolute depravity. Quite low, from what I can tell!

What does "teenaged animu feelings" even MEAN? You mean you don't want a whiny teenage lead? Or you don't want drama?

Whiny kid emo drama? I think he's saying he doesn't want to watch Evangelion.
dog

Himu

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2011, 09:43:23 AM »
That rules out Gundam Unicorn, I guess.

What mecha anime have you seen, Brob?
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2011, 09:44:32 AM »
Current guilty-pleasure haremuuuuu animu are Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai and Maken-Ki.  The latter is just absurd and bizarre in its selective-censoring.  Boku would be a lot better if they ditched the annoying loli-nun and had less fan-service. 

Also started watching Ben-To, which is about people fighting over pre-prepared dinners at supermarkets after they are placed on half-price discount every evening.  WEIRDNESS.

No, I could tell from the start that it wasn't something I cared to watch, but it gets brought up from time to time so I feel like I need to justify my hatred by seeing how low it dips into absolute depravity. Quite low, from what I can tell

I think it's one of those shows where the censorship was so bad that 80% of the screen is white at times.   :lol  Probably have blu-rays out by now, I bet.
ど助平

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
I've seen Patlabor. but it's been quite a while since. And I just want some action set piece stuff. explosions and dust clouds. Evangelion I haven't seen but it seems kinda xenogearsy with people all catching feelings about this and that, suffering from various types of mental illnesses, etc.

edit: I'm not opposed to drama. Planetes is prolly my favorite anime and I watched too much Aria to have some sort of high ground over shows featuring teary eyed animu girls. but I was kinda in the mood for some steel on steel bro wrestling.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:48:29 AM by Brobzoid »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »
Ben-To's one of those shows that features a lot of the tropes I rail about, but it somehow manages to be a fun show inspite of that. It does get to be a bit too much at times, but it's an enjoyable show.

I've seen Patlabor. but it's been quite a while since. And I just want some action set piece stuff. explosions and dust clouds. Evangelion I haven't seen but it seems kinda xenogearsy with people all catching feelings about this and that, suffering from various types of mental illnesses, etc.

Watch the Eva movies. Some absolutely insane things happen in that and there's less focus on feelings than the series.
dog

Himu

« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2011, 09:58:24 AM »
I don't know why you guys subject yourselves to that shit. I can usually tell the quality of a modern anime is directly proportionate with its characters.

Usually, something like this:

Is more than LIKELY going to be SHIT. You can tell just by looking at the description and the preview pic of the _________ Anime Season cards we post every single season and make fun of the seasons roster.

But if something looks like this:

That means it merits investigating. Notice how NORMAL Summer Wars looks and how no one is sexualized.

When you're scratching the bottom of the barrel just to find new anime to watch, it's time to move the fuck on, hence:

Uh lol

most of us are lapsed anime fans
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:02:07 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2011, 09:59:16 AM »
Gonna watch some Persona 4 : The anime later

Himu

« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »

edit: I'm not opposed to drama. Planetes is prolly my favorite anime and I watched too much Aria to have some sort of high ground over shows featuring teary eyed animu girls. but I was kinda in the mood for some steel on steel bro wrestling.

You haven't seen the Gundam's or Macross?
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2011, 10:07:05 AM »
I've seen Patlabor.... that's about it.

Himu

« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2011, 10:18:49 AM »
I've seen Patlabor.... that's about it.

Gundam 0079 film trilogy

Macross: Do you Remember Love?

Patlabor 1 and 2 (if you haven't seen the films)

DieBuster

The Vision of Escaflowne

The Big O

Mr. Gundam can fill you out from here.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2011, 10:28:30 AM »
Armored Trooper Votoms

Mospeada

Gurren Lagann

RahXephon

Welp, those are MY favorite mechas.
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2011, 10:28:52 AM »
The Big O looks cool. It's been so long since I saw the Patlabor series (ova?) that I dunno if I should jump into the films or re-watch the series first. Also, grabbing evangelion 1.0 cus maybe that's good i dont know

wiki: "VOTOMS continued the trend towards hard science in the mecha anime sub-genre."

this sounds good too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:31:10 AM by Brobzoid »

Himu

« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »
Patlabor is an ova, a tv series and like three films.

I think Patlabor 1 and 2 are really up your alley then.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2011, 10:44:10 AM »
Gundam AGE
Gundam UNICORN

worth it?

Himu

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »
Gundam AGE
Gundam UNICORN

worth it?

Gundam AGE - From what I've seen, it's pretty good, but Bebpo and some others say that the past few episodes haven't been too great. I'd wait it out for it to reach at least 25 episodes so we know whether or not i'll be worth suggesting.

Gundam Unicorn - Great animation and fights but LOL story and characters. Gundam is better than this, but if you have a hankerin' for UC-era Gundam it's worth watching.
IYKYK

Robo

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2011, 10:47:13 AM »
Also started watching Ben-To, which is about people fighting over pre-prepared dinners at supermarkets after they are placed on half-price discount every evening.  WEIRDNESS.

That's the ... entire premise?  :S
obo

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »
Thread title sucks. Stop making every thread title like it's GAF.

A simple "ANIMU AND MANGO THREAD" is sufficient. 

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2011, 11:50:23 AM »

This is a re-purposed thread, it was originally about Kaneda the bar owner.

thanks, I'll hold off on the gundam, will rewatch tin tin in the mean time

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2011, 12:02:28 PM »
I don't know why you guys subject yourselves to that shit. I can usually tell the quality of a modern anime is directly proportionate with its characters.

Usually, something like this:

(Image removed from quote.)

Is more than LIKELY going to be SHIT. You can tell just by looking at the description and the preview pic of the _________ Anime Season cards we post every single season and make fun of the seasons roster.

But if something looks like this:

(Image removed from quote.)

That means it merits investigating. Notice how NORMAL Summer Wars looks and how no one is sexualized.

When you're scratching the bottom of the barrel just to find new anime to watch, it's time to move the fuck on, hence:

The art you posted is by the same guy who did Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  That's what caught my eye about Boku, but it turns out that he just did the character designs/promo art and has nothing to do with the story.  I didn't expect much but like the premise, which is about a group of students who have no friends and want to make them...so they start a club for making friends and wackiness ensues.  There really isn't much in the way of stupid fan-service-as-plot going on, but there's more than one episode with the characters in bathing suits and the blonde-haired girl is too damn bouncy.  It's a distraction that I can only think was done to get otaku buying character goods or whatever.

That's the ... entire premise?  :S

Yes!   :lol  So you have all these fighting game-like characters brawling in the supermarket, and then bizarre characters like "The boar," a huge fat lady who pushes her shopping cart into everybody, knocking them out of the way.  Crazy shit.  I've only seen a few episodes and there's been plenty of male support characters, but the intro still makes it look like it could delve into the dreaded HAREMUUUUU.

You think that's a GAF-thing?   :yuck  What Momo said.
ど助平

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
Quote from: wikipedia
Sen gets Yō and Hana to join the Half-Priced Food Lovers Club and starts training them in the ways of Bento Brawling. During one of the supermarket visits, they encounter a 'boar', a fat woman who raids all the half-priced bentos before a battle starts. The next day, Yō meets Yū 'Wizard' Kaneshiro, who encourages Yō to stand up to a boar so that the bento battle can properly take place. Yō comes to understand the pride of the 'wolves' and comes out with his first victory, obtaining a bento with an honor seal from the 'God of Discounts'. Yō then returns to the clubroom, where Sen congratulates him on his first victory and shows him a scrapbook showing the victories Yū managed to obtain.

:spin

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »
Quote from: wikipedia
Sen gets Yō and Hana to join the Half-Priced Food Lovers Club and starts training them in the ways of Bento Brawling. During one of the supermarket visits, they encounter a 'boar', a fat woman who raids all the half-priced bentos before a battle starts. The next day, Yō meets Yū 'Wizard' Kaneshiro, who encourages Yō to stand up to a boar so that the bento battle can properly take place. Yō comes to understand the pride of the 'wolves' and comes out with his first victory, obtaining a bento with an honor seal from the 'God of Discounts'. Yō then returns to the clubroom, where Sen congratulates him on his first victory and shows him a scrapbook showing the victories Yū managed to obtain.

:spin

Yup...it's literally like gangs warring over half-priced meals.   :lol
ど助平

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
i hate anime i hate japan but i kidna wanna watch voltron is it good c/d
USA

« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2011, 02:19:19 PM »
the premise, which is about a group of students who have no friends and want to make them

It's like anime is really trying to tell me "this isn't for you anymore."
野球

Himu

« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »
the premise, which is about a group of students who have no friends and want to make them

Correction. Anime TV SERIES aren't for you anymore. Thankfully, ova's and films are still great!
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »

"Anymore?"
   :lol

In other words, it's about social rejects/outcasts.  The main dude looks like a delinquent (he is HAFFU with an English mother), one girl is rich and shunned by the other girls because of her attitude, another is a genius who can't fit in with other kids, his sister is an otaku who cosplay as some magical girl-vampire 24 hours a day, etc.

One huge problem with the character design is that, this being TEH ANIMU, you have all these characters with multi-colored hair and eyes.  The main character is specifically pointed out as "scary-looking" because of his blonde hair and such, even though the rich girl also has blonde hair and blue eyes and is supposed to be 100% Japanese.   :spin
ど助平

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2011, 03:17:36 PM »
Kaiji season 2 is over btw, you guys can watch that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
Working'!! is the champ this season.

Fun show that can be recommended to anyone.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2011, 03:30:03 PM »
Working is brilliant, I just feel the punching girl shit is overplayed and needs to end

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »
The Big O looks cool.

And it is, one of my favorite anime series. It's like Japanese Batman mixed with scifi/noir stories. Things get a bit too wild near the end of season 1 and in season 2, but when it's one it's really ON. Well worth watching. Amazing soundtrack too:

dog

Bebpo

« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »
The Big O is great.  Same with the show that inspired it GIANT ROBO

Gundam Unicorn is probably not a bad place for people to get into gundam when it actually finishes.  It's flashy, looks great, has lots of mecha battles, great music, and is short and easy to follow (although some of the UC connections will be lost if you haven't seen previous UC Gundams).  But the finale of Unicorn is still a year or two off if they really do the final volume as a feature length film and we have to wait for the home release of it.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2011, 06:08:34 PM »
dat big o music

so so good
萌え~

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »
Big O is terrible :lol

It's the same show made like 52 times, with some shitty pseudo-philosophical ending that anime nerds love so dearly.

No you! :maf
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2011, 07:58:49 PM »

It's the same show made like 52 times, with some shitty pseudo-philosophical ending that anime nerds love so dearly.

i watched the first few episodes,i liked the animation and the music but the complete lack of plot or continuity killed all my interess for it

also consider you guys slapped for having another "herp derp moe :uguu" discussion >:(
<----

Himu

« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »

yeah i don't like the ending but other than that fuck you chief
IYKYK

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »
its worth a watch, definitely not bad or the savior of animu

OPINIONS
萌え~

Himu

« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2011, 08:06:30 PM »
its worth a watch, definitely not bad or the savior of animu

OPINIONS

a viz post i agree with omg
IYKYK

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
maybe you should read more of my posts
萌え~

ZephyrFate

« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
I have this feeling that Big O would have been better if it wasn't a giant robot anime and instead the gritty, noir detective anime it tries to be most of the time. The music, for the most part, fits that better than giant robot fighting.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
Eeeh the majority of everything is fucking terrible. Anime is exciting when you first discover it because it's a different pile of cliches than the ones you're used to. (though yeah contemporary animu is extra shitty) There's the occaisonal cerebral thing(like everything Satoshi Kon's made) but mostly it's just cool looking pap.
Hi

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2011, 09:32:01 PM »
Big O=Voltron=Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

shut up
dog