Author Topic: Anime-Booru Desu~ |OT|  (Read 1277318 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Official Manly Anime Thread of Joseph Joestar Vs. Vampires
« Reply #1440 on: April 10, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »
That looks terrible though.  Looks like Noir & Canaan.  But maybe I shouldn't judge it by the awful art.

I already commented on this once, but I will again. Jormungand isn't anything like Noir or Canaan. Those were serious business dramas with some action and lots of melodramatic characters. Jormungand is a fun action show about a bunch of lovable rogues who wind up in lots of crazy adventures. Like Cowboy Bebop, but replace "outer space" with "Eastern Europe."
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1441 on: April 10, 2012, 10:30:09 PM »
Gonna start watching Broken Blade tonight.  Hope it's good mecha times.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1442 on: April 10, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »
First episode of Jormungand's out! :rock

And it rocks, like I thought it would.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

:bow Koko :bow2
[close]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:38:48 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

« Reply #1443 on: April 11, 2012, 01:36:13 AM »
Gonna start watching Broken Blade tonight.  Hope it's good mecha times.

It's good mecha times.
野球

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1444 on: April 11, 2012, 02:53:39 AM »
Never watched much Lupin before but after viewing the first ep of the new series just now I'm definitely on board for the rest of the season. Looks old but really slick and high quality at the same time. Goddamn.
Hi

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1445 on: April 11, 2012, 04:09:58 AM »
is everyone watching zetman, because it owns

only real complaint is they might be going too fast with what they have.

I hear its only going to be 13 eps which is kinda WTF
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 04:27:50 AM by Viz »
萌え~

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1446 on: April 11, 2012, 04:34:38 AM »
Guess they are only covering the first arc?

Blondie arc gonna need another season.

« Reply #1447 on: April 12, 2012, 12:01:50 AM »
The Eureka Seven AO blu-rays are going to have English subs. 9 volumes at 6560 yen each.

No streaming options for English speakers.
野球

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1448 on: April 12, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »
The Eureka Seven AO blu-rays are going to have English subs. 9 volumes at 6560 yen each.

No streaming options for English speakers.
So everyone will just DL rips of the Blu-rays then. Still need to watch the first two seasons anyway.
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #1449 on: April 12, 2012, 01:34:38 AM »
Broken Blade ep1-2

The shit I put up with for my mecha fix. 

This is really bad :(  First of all, it's slooooooooooooooow and boring.  And then 2 hours in and the main character STILL HASN'T MADE A SINGLE ATTACK.  WTFFFFFFFF.  Who thought it was a good idea to spend the first 2 hours having the main character stand or fall or run or block and not have a single actual fight where he is attacking.  They even have a psycho-evil girl grunt just so you can watch her satisfyingly get destroyed and THE MAIN CHARACTER IS SO USELESS SHE HAS TO KILL HERSELF. 

And it's got all my anime tropes!  Crappy love triangle, FRIENDS WHO ARE NOW ENEMIES, subplots built entirely on MISUNDERSTANDINGS (You mean Zess didn't know the surrender terms?  You mean Rygar didn't kill Lee?  Smhhh) and my greatest foe in all mecha anime...THE PACIFIST LEAD CHARACTER.

If you're not going to fight, you don't get a cool mech
-god of anime universe

Stop giving me characters with mechs who don't want to use them.  It's not enjoyable at all.  Jesus.  As if Setsuna in the OO Movie wasting QUAN[T] entirely wasn't bad enough.  At least SEED did it right.  The whole thing Kira/Lacus go on about for the show, about how you can't just be a pacifist in a war if you want to sway people, you need to also BE THE MOST POWERFUL PILOT IN THE UNIVERSE AND CONSTANTLY PROVE IT so that other people will back down in deterrent.  I'm ok with leads who want to "not kill", but they need to be strong and determined enough to chop up all their enemies without killing them in a satisfyingly way.

Does this kid EVER become a badass fighter running around kicking people's ass without whining like a little runt?  This is important for if I watch the last 4 eps.

PS.  The animation sucks.  It's like watching MOTION MANGA.  Everything moves so slow it's almost like watching manga panels :|

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1450 on: April 12, 2012, 01:38:09 AM »
Put up with it til the red haired dude shows up along with the General.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1451 on: April 12, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »
Lupin III - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine episode 02

Easily one of the coolest, most stylish animes since Cowboy Bebop. The look, the music, the characters, it's all perfectly tailored for anime fans that still remember back when the industry wasn't trying to squeeze every last cent out of the lowest common denominator.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:41:32 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1452 on: April 12, 2012, 02:52:12 PM »
Watched Jormungand ep1 - was better than I expected.  Fairly well made and paced.  But show is not for me.  Don't like the main girl at all and the whole concept of the show being about horrible murderers but hey it's filled with light comedy!  Just comes across as  :yuck 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1453 on: April 12, 2012, 02:56:57 PM »
Watch Mysterious Girlfriend X instead, Bebpu~
dog

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1454 on: April 12, 2012, 03:11:46 PM »
Or watch Steins Gate. Planning to watch it soon.

Bebpo

« Reply #1455 on: April 13, 2012, 01:10:57 AM »
E7 AO was ...good!  Not as good as E7's first classic episode, but it's well made and interesting and the art and music and animation are all fantastic.  Next ep will show how the action animation is going to hold up.

Will be interesting to see how the pace is since it's going to be 26eps rather than 50 like E7. 

Bebpo

« Reply #1456 on: April 13, 2012, 01:58:10 AM »
Watched the first ep again.  Yeah, this is good stuff.  Everyone should check it out.

Freyj

« Reply #1457 on: April 13, 2012, 02:01:09 AM »
Lupin III - The Woman Called Fujiko Mine episode 02

Easily one of the coolest, most stylish animes since Cowboy Bebop. The look, the music, the characters, it's all perfectly tailored for anime fans that still remember back when the industry wasn't trying to squeeze every last cent out of the lowest common denominator.

Absolutely. Really liking the episode by episode introductions of the group. Definitely some Bebop vibes going around.

:bow Jigen :bow2

Bebpo

« Reply #1458 on: April 13, 2012, 02:30:37 AM »
Yeah, Lupin ep2 was very good.  Much better than ep1.  Show is pretty awesome.

Bebpo

« Reply #1459 on: April 13, 2012, 02:58:59 AM »
Zetman was kind of good.  What's up with all these good shows this season?  I don't have time to watch all this anime.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1460 on: April 13, 2012, 03:06:41 AM »
Zetman's source (mango) was already good to begin with so it's no surprise.

But, like all long running mangos, you get tired of waiting for the next chapter and suddenly you drop reading it altogether.

Bebpo

« Reply #1461 on: April 13, 2012, 03:24:22 AM »
Tried to watch the fishing show (Tsuritama), was really boring.  Finally a blah ep this season so I don't have to follow the show!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1462 on: April 13, 2012, 08:41:12 AM »
Watched Jormungand ep1 - was better than I expected.  Fairly well made and paced.  But show is not for me.  Don't like the main girl at all and the whole concept of the show being about horrible murderers but hey it's filled with light comedy!  Just comes across as  :yuck

I don't know if I can say it's not for me yet, but the first episode didn't do much for me and the stereotypical emotionless kid character was boring.  Will keep watching for now, though.

Also :bow NemDiggers :bow2 they take all the .MKV rips and re-encode them in .MP4 format...no problems streaming files to my TV now.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1463 on: April 13, 2012, 10:00:50 AM »
Spring 2012 Anime Ranking [So Far]:

1. Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
2. Space Brothers
3. Tsuritama
4. Mysterious Girlfriend X
5. Jormungand
6. Kids on the Slope
7. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
8. Zetman
9. Accel World
10. Sankarea
11. Ozuma
11. Upotte!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:49:57 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1464 on: April 13, 2012, 12:40:23 PM »
How the hell did you stand Mysterious Girlfriend X?  The comic was just... :yuck.
ど助平

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1465 on: April 13, 2012, 06:12:18 PM »
Done with Bakuman season 2. Interesting show.

Definitely looking forward to season 3.

« Reply #1466 on: April 13, 2012, 06:43:08 PM »
Soo... I never watched all of Eureka Seven back in the day even though I bought all the DVDs... and with AO coming out I figured I should get on that.

Just finished episode 20 where Renton goes nuts in the blood-soaked Nirvash and slaughters a bunch of KLF units. WTF.
野球

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1467 on: April 13, 2012, 07:43:02 PM »
New Ninja Scroll Project Announced: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=426685

Bebpo

« Reply #1468 on: April 13, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »
Soo... I never watched all of Eureka Seven back in the day even though I bought all the DVDs... and with AO coming out I figured I should get on that.

Just finished episode 20 where Renton goes nuts in the blood-soaked Nirvash and slaughters a bunch of KLF units. WTF.

Jealous you're about to see some of the best eps in anime for the first time!

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1469 on: April 13, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »
Kurenai OVA [gleam][Commie]

BEBPO!!!

This set of OVAs are based more on the manga than the anime series. It contains some characters that only appear in the manga.

Hope there won't be more of that demon arm thingy.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1470 on: April 13, 2012, 08:31:29 PM »
How the hell did you stand Mysterious Girlfriend X?  The comic was just... :yuck.

Spit absolutely disgusts me, but somehow I really enjoyed the first episode. I don't know, man. :lol
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1471 on: April 14, 2012, 12:23:57 AM »
Ok, think I saw all the ep1's worth a damn this season.  Lots of good shows.  If I was 18 again I would be in total anime watching mood for the next 3 months.  But uh, I have stuff to do, so going to limit the shows I watch.

Good shows in no particular order: Kids on the Slope, Eureka Seven AO, ZETMAN, Jormungand, Tsuritama, Lupin.

Going to stick with Kids on the Slope, E7 AO, Lupin along with Aquarion Evol & Gundam AGE.  If I have time I'll try to watch Zetman.  Good season.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1472 on: April 14, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »
Have you watched Space Brothers, Bebpo? It's one of my favorite shows from this new season.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1473 on: April 14, 2012, 12:55:43 AM »
Not starting a 48ep show.  Might watch it eventually.

cool breeze

« Reply #1474 on: April 14, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »
I want to watch Space Brothers and Kids on the Slope.  I don't know how crunchyroll operates, but it seems like episodes are free the week after they air.  Anyone know how long they're available to watch? I'd like to just watch a few episodes in a row instead of watch and wait.

not interested in the manga?

not exactly a spoiler, more on the status of the manga, but don't know how sensitive some are
it's about to end soon.  that or it's a colossal tease.
[close]

where did season 2 end?

Bebpo

« Reply #1475 on: April 14, 2012, 04:47:49 AM »
Break Blade ep3-4

This got a heck of a lot better.  A really good action scene in ep3 and then ep4 was great.  Show reminds me of Five Star Stories x Escaflowne.

lordmaji

• It's a joke, not a dick, so don't take it so hard!
« Reply #1476 on: April 14, 2012, 05:32:34 AM »
I just recently got into Death Note... That's a pretty decent show, no doubt!  :)
:-[

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1477 on: April 14, 2012, 05:57:48 AM »
I want to watch Space Brothers and Kids on the Slope.  I don't know how crunchyroll operates, but it seems like episodes are free the week after they air.  Anyone know how long they're available to watch? I'd like to just watch a few episodes in a row instead of watch and wait.

not interested in the manga?

not exactly a spoiler, more on the status of the manga, but don't know how sensitive some are
it's about to end soon.  that or it's a colossal tease.
[close]

where did season 2 end?

oh? i'm curious about this,i readed bakuman a long time ago but then i got frustated and decided to call it quit
i stopped when they introduce the guy with the big dog and the 2 main characters decide to make another series because their current series isn't cool enough for TV or as i see it,the author wanted to drag the manga a little longer
[close]
anybody cares to spoil me the rest?
<----

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1478 on: April 14, 2012, 08:19:44 AM »
@Linkzg

It ended with them
starting PCP with Hattori.
[close]

I don't feel like following it weekly so animu for me.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1479 on: April 14, 2012, 10:45:55 AM »

Usually shows stay up permanently on Crunchyroll, although I do know of at least one show that was taken down after about a year. If you pay $8 a month, you get HD streams and Day 1 access.
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #1480 on: April 15, 2012, 12:27:42 AM »
BREAK BLADE 5-END

Ok, the final battle. 

-Rygar jumps up and dives toward the general with ninja star
-General moves forward under him
-Rygar turns and throws it
-General tries to jump but it hits his foot and stumbles him
-Rygar pulls ninja star back and throws at stumbled general, cutting off 1 of his arms
-AT THIS POINT THE GENERAL GIVES UP COMPLETELY AND WALKS OUTSIDE HIS MECH SHOOTING HIS GUN

wtf

Everything shown so far with the general dude is that he will fight and fight and fight until he has nothing left.  It's not very satisfying for the finale fight that he just GIVES UP because he lost 1 arm and a foot.  He still had a good arm and a good foot.  I dunno.  The battle was good until that point and then it was just kind of "eh" end.
[close]

Giant Heavy Ninja Star is probably the stupidest final weapon upgrade ever.  That was the best they could come up with?

Also I think there's an inherent story problem in this movie because the main guy has zero fighting skills and his opponents are the ultimate skilled fighters.  Even with his strong mech, he never seems to have any breakthrough in becoming a good fighter.  He just sucks sucks sucks but occasionally gets a few good hits in or gets lucky.  I dunno, for a fighting mecha show that's not super satisfying.  You want the pilot to become good at piloting by the end and that's how he wins.

Complaints aside, it was pretty good.  It started off reaaaally slow and the first 2eps kind of suck.  Once it gets going it's a good political war mecha action show.  The character art reminds me of Lodoss as does some of the politics, the mech designs look EXACTLY like Nagano's Five Star Stories work, and the war with knight mecha and full cloth enemies and choir chanting music was very, very Escaflowne.  When the battles were going and intense and the choir was shouting it was fairly awesome.  Often the outcomes of the battles were kind of anti-climatic though.  But the actual combat tended to be good.  Also it was pretty bleak, basically everyone dies all the time and the bad guys usually win a lot. 

The ending was fairly complete even though the manga is still running.  Don't feel like I NEED to see what happens next in the manga, but if they animate more I wouldn't mind watching.  Don't care about Sasuke, so didn't mind that subplot not going anywhere.  Red hair dude was good.  His fight vs. Chainsaw Girl was satisfying.  Main guy still kind of sucked in the end like he didn't know who he really was or why he was fighting.  But at least he was sort of more confident than the start. 

I don't see how they can really do much with the sequel without a huge time skip since
pretty much the entire kingdom was destroyed and everyone was evacuated.  All that's left is a palace.  It's like what is even left to lose at this point.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:25:15 AM by Bebpo »

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1481 on: April 15, 2012, 01:06:13 AM »
Pro-tip: Movie 5 and 6 is where they diverged away from the manga, by changing
how some characters died and so on (like the one you complained about).
[close]

So your plot complaints is due to the movies saying fuck it and closing up the story.

Bebpo

« Reply #1482 on: April 15, 2012, 02:25:40 AM »
Is the manga worth reading?

Is the manga anywhere close to ending?

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #1483 on: April 15, 2012, 02:29:05 AM »
I dunno. Would you read it if so? I think the movies were enough despite fucking some scenes that you can just wiki them.

It's not a series I want to invest more in.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1484 on: April 15, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »
Space Bros Episode 2

His pants falling off was hilarious, also his cellphone falling in the shitter while talking to his mom on the throne. So much blushing man, control yourself :lol
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1485 on: April 15, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Fate Zero 14

Rin's father is an even greater a-hole that I originally anticipated. I really need to go through all the materials again, this break has made my memory on all things Fate go fuzzy
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1486 on: April 15, 2012, 12:01:10 PM »
Sakamichi no Apollon 01 :bow :bow :bow

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1487 on: April 16, 2012, 11:18:47 AM »
Hunter x Hunter 27 - Finally we get to the interesting bits with NEN and TEN etc

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1488 on: April 16, 2012, 11:35:06 AM »
Fate/Zero 15.

Glad they finally offed that disgusting fuck caster and that assclown berserker
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1489 on: April 16, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
Space Bros 3 - Hmm lots of romance and drama so far, hoping for more sciencey stuff soon

Himu

« Reply #1490 on: April 16, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
Space Brothers is just the show I needed.

Stay true to your dreams.

IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1491 on: April 16, 2012, 08:17:13 PM »
Space Brothers and Lupin III totally destroy the last 3 years of anime.
dog

cool breeze

« Reply #1492 on: April 16, 2012, 08:24:37 PM »
@Linkzg

It ended with them
starting PCP with Hattori.
[close]

I don't feel like following it weekly so animu for me.

That's where I thought it would end.  The only reason I'd want to watch the anime is to see how they stretched or removed scenes to make it end in the right place.

oh? i'm curious about this,i readed bakuman a long time ago but then i got frustated and decided to call it quit
i stopped when they introduce the guy with the big dog and the 2 main characters decide to make another series because their current series isn't cool enough for TV or as i see it,the author wanted to drag the manga a little longer
[close]
anybody cares to spoil me the rest?

Bakuman spoilers until current

I'm not really sure what point you ended on.  But yeah, it hits a point where the manga keeps delaying the inevitable.  In fact the entire current arc is about Ashirogi wanting to end their manga early instead of stretching it.  It's all a really obvious nod to Death Note.

Um, what else happens? there's this new villain character who shows up.  His whole deal is "editors r stupid; internet communities (1st arc) or companies dedicated to manga study (2nd arc) are superior."  The fat old guy comes back as a villain.  Uhhh, Hiramaru and Aoki's relationship goes places.  There's another fat villain (literally an old character who's fat) who spills Mashiro and Azuki's secret on the internet creating nerd rage.  Eiji becomes #1 in Japan and ends his manga.  It's a lot of stalling.
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #1493 on: April 16, 2012, 08:29:19 PM »
Space Brothers and Lupin III totally destroy the last 1 year of anime.

Wandering Son/Madoka were 2011.

Bebpo

« Reply #1494 on: April 16, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »
Although Thermae Romae > *

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1495 on: April 16, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
Although Thermae Romae > *

Manga was great, anime was just okay.
dog

Himu

« Reply #1496 on: April 16, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »
LUPIN
IYKYK

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
萌え~

Himu

« Reply #1498 on: April 16, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
If you feggits are watching Lupin via fansubs and not fucking FUNIMATION.COM SIMULCAST I WILL BAN EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU
IYKYK

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #1499 on: April 16, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »
>stream
>anime
萌え~