Author Topic: Game  (Read 336180 times)

Himu

TEAM LEAH X SCOUNDREL
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I like how the Scoundrel flirts with Leah and you (if you're a female character).
©@©™

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
SCOUNDREL IS THE BEST, EVERYONE TAKE THE SCOUNDREL
乱学者

Himu

:bow Demon Huntress x Leah x Scoundrel :bow2
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
As long as GW2 doesn't fall apart between now and release, it gets my GOTY. D3 is way too samey.

GOTY won't go to a PC game though. D3 has a better chance due to hype and blizz fans, but most of the press is console centric.

So you're complaining about the blowjob you're getting, even when you know it's awesome, in the hopes that the soul pole enabled strap-on anal raping you're going to get later this years might not have razor blades attached. 

mmorpg enthusiasts really are the fucking weirdest people on the planet

That made no sense. =/

I loved Diablo 2, but Blizz is pretty uncreative. They should have brought more to the table. GW2 is a big step forward. I'm just waiting to see how smooth the launch becomes.

How much can one bring to the dungeon loot table though?  To me, the most important things are streamlined gameplay/controls, a good UI, and a shit ton of character customization. D3 has all that so it's fine with me.

It's not a genre I can sit down and play for multiple hours due to the clicking, but a good one can certainly make me forget myself for at least a couple hours, and D3 has done that so I give it two thumbs up

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
If you have one companion will you be able to choose another when they come up? I just got a Templar but would like a Scoundrel (especially to hit on my female Wizard, Cristal)
___

Himu

Yes. Templar will go to town while you have Scoundrel and vice versa
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Log in to US servers --> Only Mr Singh online --> he is ahead of me --> solo till level 5 and log off to hop onto EU servers.

Log onto EU servers --> Stare at Dcharlies Barabrian's buttocks for 5 min --> 6 friends online --> start a group --> notice I lost all 5 levels from US server play --> play with friends to level 8 --> beat all the beta content --> end game --> put two shitty yellow rares on the auction house for minimum buy out price --> log off

And had more fun doing that than most games I can recall in the recent past :bow

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
GOTY

Anybody sold anything on the real money auction house yet?
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Is real money up for you guys? It says next week for me

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Watching some guys play Inferno now, and dang. They have like 8000 dps  they're not even scratching these random mobs in Act I. They went up against a unique monster and wiped like 7 or 8 times. :lol
©@©™

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
real-money AH is next week.

Inferno is NO JOKE, I hope everyone laughing at the game being "finished" in 6 hours has committed the Korean equivalent of seppuku
乱学者

Himu

IYKYK

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Imagine hardcore inferno :omg

Blizzard designers have. :smug
乱学者

I'm really liking the nice little touches with the environment and how your character interacts. It's nothing outstanding, but it's neat.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
ZOMG @ END OF ACT II
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
ZOMG @ END OF ACT II

FUCK THAT

i joined up with treesong and ..sorry i forgot who else, expecting them to be at the start of act II like i was.  instead they were at the end.  i tagged along in the back til we got to the FUCK INSANE BOSS at the end and died like 20-30 times.  we (they) chipped his health down to about 2% before we all died.  a trip to the shop later and we BEAT HIS FUCKING ASS with only one death.  dude is pretty cheap tho; cant imagine him on inferno.

i want to play through single player and soak up everything before i jump all over the place in coop, but it's just so damn boring compared to multi.  having four people rain down death on monsters is beautiful and occasionally disorienting.
pcp

Phoenix Dark

I love going back to town and hearing random folks talk of my exploits lol. Also, the bartender in the inn...is that Chris Metzen's voice?

Baiano19

I like how the Scoundrel flirts with Leah and you (if you're a female character).

At first I was uncomfortable with the amount of dialogue, but thanks to him I like it a lot!
Hey joe, whats you character? I am a level 20 Witch Doctor, are you up for a MP game?

Bebpo

Is equipment level restricted?  Or can someone lvl.99 give you an ultimate weapon at lvl.1 and you cruise through the whole game?

Does the standard warrior dude get any interesting buff/debuff magic stuff?  I figured I'd just start as a fighter at first and buff atk + slash things old-school style.  But the early skills I'm getting make it seem like warrior dude is more of an MMO defense tank and less of a POWER POWER POWER berserker which is the style I like to play.  I like physical characters with low def, high atk who are about high risk, high reward, kill shit quickly.  Only level 5 though and found the Deacon guy.  Should I keep going or restart as a different class?

Game seems fun though.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:36:53 PM by Bebpo »

Himu

level specific

if you want power power power go with monk
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
level specific

if you want power power power go with monk

Once you get out of Act I the wizard really starts to shine, just sayin!

Also, Positive Touch- that was me w/ you and Treesong.  I suppose I should probably not have different names across every available thing I do. :P
yar

Bebpo

Yeah, reading the descriptions people are having of each class I think I'm going to play another hour with barbarian and then start a Wizard and see if I want to main Wizard.

I tried loading my Torchlight save to see what class I used there because I really like whatever class I played, but when I deleted the game off steam it deleted my save and I can't remember.  I think I was a magic guy?  Maybe?  My memory sucks.

I just want to blow stuff up the strongest.  I am a min/max guy and I just want the biggest numbers at all times.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I strongly recommend you watch the official "class" videos on YT to get an idea of the pros and cons of each class

if you want MAXIMUM POWER I recommend Wizard
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

Finally got the leap ability fuck yea. Barbarian :bow

Human Snorenado

• Icon
When you're playing co-op w/ four players and you come across a big mob and everybody has aoe attacks it looks like some sort of SUPER NOVA OF NUMBERS 'ASPLODING ON MY SCREEN.  Can't begin to tell you how much I love this shit.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
My copy shipped from Amazon this morning. Can't wait! :rock
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Noooooooooooooooooo servers down in like 1 minute
yar

cool breeze

wait what

I just got home and was about to play

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Not sure, it was telling me in game that it was about to go down but then this is telling me it's up still:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Boom, here we go:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149006267

Diablo III in the Americas is currently undergoing scheduled rolling restarts to implement performance improvements. We expect downtime to be minimal, lasting for approximately 15 minutes. Please note that during this time you may be disconnected from Battle.net, experience issues logging in, or be unable to use some in-game features.

Thank you for your patience.

Sounds good to me, I'll go watch the Braves game
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Maybe by the time I actually get my copy this weekend they'll have fixed all the server issues.
dog

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Ugh, just starting the game when the servers went down. merr
dur

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
ive only been able to play like 1 or 2 horus at a time but this game is p awesome :)
USA

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I got 2 legendary items defeating the
spoiler (click to show/hide)
spider queen
[close]

A crazy shield and my current massive upgrade at chest armor.

Anyone know how to take a screenshot in this game? ctrl-print screen just does the desktop and the snipping tool minimizes the game.
©ZH

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Just "print screen"
乱学者

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
I got 2 legendary items defeating the
spider queen
[close]

A crazy shield and my current massive upgrade at chest armor.

Anyone know how to take a screenshot in this game? ctrl-print screen just does the desktop and the snipping tool minimizes the game.

I just use fraps for PC screenshots.
BiSH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Jesus, even I'm able to keep working and playing the game.

:shh when the servers are up anyway :P
yar

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Just "print screen"

:-*

I've been itching to show you the progress my promised chick monk .
©ZH

cool breeze

One of these days I want to come home and actually play the game I bought  :(

Brehvolution

Just "print screen"

Spoke too soon.  >:( It just copies the desktop.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
"Hello, we'll be taking the NA servers down for 15 minutes!" 

*45 mins later*

EU servers are down too

:lol :lol :lol

edit: ah, here we go

Update 6:40 p.m. PDT - Rolling restarts have completed, but we're currently investigating an issue with the Battle.net service that is causing players to be disconnected from the game and/or unable to log in. We hope to have this connection issue resolved as soon as possible and will continue to provide updates in this thread as they become available.
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Still going strong in Asia! :rock
dog

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Just "print screen"

Spoke too soon.  >:( It just copies the desktop.

Do you have two monitors...? If so, you may need to use Alt-Print Screen
vjj

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
fuck me

im such a nerd i went back to early act 1 on single-player so i can fully explore the world
and see all the story parts :-\
[close]

pcp

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Just "print screen"

If you launch it through steam can you use the steam in game function?
itm

Phoenix Dark

I really like it when my Uncle yelled at me for like three hours yesterday because he couldn't play. And what do you know, he's calling now. It was bad enough when I took his Diablo abuse as a child but I thought it was over.

Thanks Blizzard.
this is awesome  :lol

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Boom, here we go:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149006267

Diablo III in the Americas is currently undergoing scheduled rolling restarts to implement performance improvements. We expect downtime to be minimal, lasting for approximately 15 minutes. Please note that during this time you may be disconnected from Battle.net, experience issues logging in, or be unable to use some in-game features.

Thank you for your patience.

Sounds good to me, I'll go watch the Braves game

Stuff like this is horseshit. There was no in game notification this time. I just got dumped from the game just like 5 minutes ago and now I lose the progress I had made in the quest.

There are also often lag pockets that hit the game where the game loops your action like rubber banding in an fps or somethng. Really enjoyable game but blizzard needs to get their shit together.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:30:02 PM by Stoney Mason »

cool breeze

This game is really good

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
Yep. I like other loot games. But none of them just nail the forumula the way Blizzard does. Other loot games have to constantly battle against tedium. But Diablo always just nails the formula so that doesn't rear its head. You always level up. Or fight a new interesting thing or find some new piece of loot at just the perfect time before you start to get frustrated or bored. And the story while generic is just enough to motivate you a bit on that end too.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
fuck me

im such a nerd i went back to early act 1 on single-player so i can fully explore the world
and see all the story parts :-\
[close]

I rolled a new character to start at the beginning in case I missed anything while co-oping with a friend. 
dur

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Diablo always does a good job of making your character feel really powerful as you level, not many in the genre really nail that quite so well.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

At first I was uncomfortable with the amount of dialogue, but thanks to him I like it a lot!
Hey joe, whats you character? I am a level 20 Witch Doctor, are you up for a MP game?

Lv 18 Wizard still. I wanted to play it today, but instead I felt like crap and I just fell asleep as soon as I got home. Hurry up weekend!
©@©™

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
what is this, asking permission before barging into someone else's game? :lol

Don't leave your game public if you expect not to spend the evening reviving a half-drunken Irish Gryffinbore Wizard people
vjj

Bebpo

This game is really good

THIS

As long as the game isn't being laggy and your hit impacts happen when you actually swing, this game is AWESOME.  Had so much fun in the 2nd half of Act I with Fatal T gettin loot and killin' things.  I like how the loot works in multi.  It's cool that everyone gets everything and then you just drop the good loot that you can't use to see if anyone else can use it.

Level 13 barbarian here and smashing stuff up has never been better.  I like the variety in the enviornments. 

1p the game is less interesting for sure.  In MP I'm skipping all the dialogue/cutscenes and just smashing stuff and it's bliss.  Don't care about the story when smashing is so enjoyable and I just want to get on with it.

My only worry is that unless your friends happen to be right around your level (luckily for me I was lvl.10 and Fatal T was lvl.12 so it was close enough), you'll end up either underleveled in someone's MP game and unable to survive, or overleved in someone's MP game and unable to get any decent loot/xp. 

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
I played a bit of Act 1 with a friend who was on lvl 10 when I was lvl 19...I had to deliberately hang back just to let him actually accomplish something :lol  We got to the Skeleton King or whoever and I was basically smashing pottery while he hacked at the boss; otherwise the boss would have been dead meat in 30 seconds.
vjj

Bebpo

Yeah, I mean what's the point in playing with people more than 5 levels below you?  You destroy everything and take away their fun, the loot you get will suck and you'll probably not get anything you would use, and your xp payouts will be low.

Just going to cross my fingers and hope each time I play I can find someone within 5 levels of me playing.

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Destroying everything and taking away their fun sounds like excellent trolling, really - will keep that in mind
vjj

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Operation GOLD STANDARD is underway with my 2nd character, a demon hunter named ChestyLarue.  Got her extra gold find up to 26%, got to keep on stacking so I can level up my artisans.  :punch
yar

Himu

HOLY FUCK

DIABLO 2 FAN SERVICE ALERT

the butcher :o
[close]

GOTY
IYKYK