Author Topic: PlayStation All-Stars (now legit thanks to Seth Killian)  (Read 27234 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: PlayStation All-Stars (now legit thanks to Seth Killian)
« Reply #300 on: November 25, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
It's fun and really does have a different feel from Smash, but Smash is better.  Not a bad first entry but it needs a lot of work.

It also can really stink when you're playing a match without a time limit and it gets down to two people, who then can't kill each other since it starts to take forever to build up meter and it gets easy to dodge each others' moves.  I had to quit out of one of these matches as a spectator (five+ minutes of this was enough) and it felt like hours passed when I was the surviving player in another.  Doesn't happen in ranked though.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:25:49 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Takao

« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2012, 02:18:00 AM »

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #302 on: February 04, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »
Kotaku
Sony Cuts Ties With PlayStation All-Stars Creators, Studio’s Fate In Question

Sony has cut ties with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale creator SuperBot Entertainment, just days after the development studio laid off a number of its staff.

All of the game's future content will be handled by Sony's internal studios.

"Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that the working agreement with developer SuperBot Entertainment has amicably ended," a Sony representative told Kotaku. "We have had a positive working relationship with this talented studio, and wish them the best of success in their next endeavor. PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale and the title's forthcoming DLC releases will continue to be fully supported by Santa Monica Studio."

SuperBot, an independent developer started in 2009, released PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for Vita and PlayStation 3 last fall. Two weeks ago, the company laid off a significant number of staff.

We've heard from one source that as a result of Sony's decision, SuperBot will have to shut down. We've reached out to the studio for comment and will update should we hear back.

cat

« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
Called it before the game was even officially unveiled.
野球

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
make a bad game as an "independent studio" and your going to get cut. hard knock life
dur

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »
That's what they get for not supporting the Wii.
©@©™

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: PlayStation All-Stars (now "legit" thanks to Seth Killian, legitly bombs)
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2013, 05:04:17 PM »

Basically, yeah.

It's kinda surprising they're doing this before the "free for two weeks" DLC hits. Sony of America is cold-blooded.  :lol

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »
seth killian works at santa monica, so that's a small consolation

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2013, 06:33:37 PM »

yea from the info that trickled out from being a smash like game gave me no confidence and got worse as more info was revealed and its roots being clearly apparent (that pic of the studio with a Wii on the table was  :lol :lol :lol :lol).

Hell i got the game for free pretty much and i have no interest in checking it out.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2013, 11:43:04 AM »
800+ MB patch is up.

Kat and Starhawk guy are now up as free downloads for the next two weeks.  There's also a new stage that's a fusion of Heavenly Sword and Wipeout, which they priced at $1.99...although it apparently comes up for free when you play online, so  ???
ど助平

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2013, 01:02:19 PM »
800+ MB patch is up.

Kat and Starhawk guy are now up as free downloads for the next two weeks.  There's also a new stage that's a fusion of Heavenly Sword and Wipeout, which they priced at $1.99...although it apparently comes up for free when you play online, so  ???

I hear Kat is pretty crazy.

maybe i'll download this one day  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
I would do it now to get those characters.  "Free for two weeks."   :lol ::)
ど助平

Purple Filth

« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2013, 06:45:05 PM »
I would do it now to get those characters.  "Free for two weeks."   :lol ::)

they are already on my download list  :lol

but i'm gonna have to clean some space in the fridge so i can play this (vita version).