Author Topic: PlayStation All-Stars (now legit thanks to Seth Killian)  (Read 27230 times)

Re: PlayStation All-Stars
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:05 PM »
Ooooh. I hope that guy from Lair is in there. Or a dragon from Lair. Or both! That game was rad.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »
yes, put the lair dragon in and lock it to six axis control only.

Takao

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »
Parappa 2 did okay, but not anywhere near Parappa 1's numbers.  Umjammer Lammy was a disaster, actually.  They shipped a ton but it ended up being rotten stock.  And the PSP port of Parappa 1 had the unfortunate job of being a full-priced PS1 game on PSP that dropped just before Sony added $5.99 PS1 games to the thing.  It sold accordingly.

I would love to see Parappa make a comeback, but I don't know if there's a place for him anymore.  :'(

You gotta believe :(

they could put four tiny dots on the screen and a soundtrack consisting of a single note playing over and over and it would still be a better game than playstation move heroes

in case you are not picking up on the subtlety playstation move heroes is a really shitty game

Nihilistic is a questionable studio. I don't know why SCEA ever got involved with them. SCEA's usually a lot better at scoping out studios for second party releases.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:15:07 PM by Takao »

Takao

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2012, 01:24:05 PM »
I just need to hear that Jersey Devil is in this and they've got my money.

Whoa, I completely forgot that game existed. My cousin had it. I don't remember liking it.

Edit: A2M made that.  :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2012, 01:32:13 PM »
Legend of Dragoon would be my most wanted from Sony IP

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2012, 01:39:20 PM »
As a Nintendo fan, this literally makes me sick. SSB is a staple of Nintendo, and it's not right for another company to basically copy and paste the game and call it their own. Hopefully Nintendo will sue or something, because this is so wrong.
cat

Bebpo

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
6/10 impersonation

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2012, 01:59:56 PM »
replace Nintendo with Big N or Ninty and it goes up to 8/10

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:12:10 PM by Huff »
dur

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »
Whoa, I completely forgot that game existed. My cousin had it. I don't remember liking it.

Edit: A2M made that.  :lol

Ass2Mouth :bow2

Making pure shit for generations and survivin' like a motherfucker :bow2

Wet wasn't bad. I'm guessing the deafening silence on Wet 2 since being "announced" means its "canceled"
fat

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2012, 02:31:50 PM »

Nope that's a real quote

I love that quote and how it's being taken out of context - despite his Pikachu avatar, Blu_LED is a pretty big Sony fanboy.  That was actually damage control.
ǚ

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
PlayStation All-Stars
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »
Sony should put Parapa 1 on PSX Classics and PARAPPA 2 on ps2 although I heard they're unplayable with HDTVs. PARAPPA PSP rules tho
USA

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »
Wollan was an employee of Sony and was compensated for his "work" on GAF.

Just throwing that out there.  That's not even a "guess" or a "hunch".

Wait really?

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2012, 04:13:17 PM »
How about the HAZE soldier

Takao

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2012, 04:20:34 PM »
Sony should put Parapa 1 on PSX Classics and PARAPPA 2 on ps2 although I heard they're unplayable with HDTVs. PARAPPA PSP rules tho

What's with the capslock on Parappa?

« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
They have a garbage thread for SSB vs SSB (Sony's Smash Bros) flamewars now :lol

I am thinking how MS could create such game and nope, all blanks here. Master Chief vs uh... Fable guy?

Um... you're forgetting that they have RARE's stable of memeorable mascot characters. Master Chief vs. Conker vs. Banjo vs. Kazooie. I rarely use the adjective 'epic', as I think it's become a buzzword that is grossly overused. However, I can't think of a more appropriate time to throw it out there than that scenario.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
XBLA has Small Arms, no need for another cruddy smash brothers game
fat

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2012, 04:54:53 PM »
They have a garbage thread for SSB vs SSB (Sony's Smash Bros) flamewars now :lol

I am thinking how MS could create such game and nope, all blanks here. Master Chief vs uh... Fable guy?

blinx vs kameo vs sudeki
<----

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »
god thsi is my most wanted game of the year can't wait
USA

Verdigris Murder

• #metoo
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »

blinx vs kameo vs sudeki
Current corporate dweebs vs Allard.
:{]

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »
if microsoft were to jump on this wagon I would rather have a Pokemon rip-off with Viva Pinata characters/creatures.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »
By the way it's amazing how Parappa is unplayable shit on HDTVs. Tried Lammy on PSone through the PS3 and I couldn't even make it though the first stage. Just staggering amounts of latency.

Takao

« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2012, 06:01:59 PM »
The amount of salt this game is generating is enough to give me high blood pressure.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »
god thsi is my most wanted game of the year can't wait

shit game confirmed
🍆🍆

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2012, 06:13:58 PM »
no one ever remembers blinx or voodoo vince :(
USA

Takao

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2012, 06:18:35 PM »
no one ever remembers blinx or voodoo vince :(

I'd so buy a game where I can take on Shu/Sho/Shoe from Blue Dragon with Blinx the time cat!

spoiler (click to show/hide)
No I wouldn't
[close]

cool breeze

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:15 PM »
This is actually smash brothers.  That's actually hilarious.

What they've shown and said sounds safe.  Character roster is Kratos and people you'd expect, and then Parappa to say "see we're bringing in old favorites!" and Fat Princess, "it's a semi-obscure character!"  Action looks like smash bros, physics and all, only with a twist to win.  Attacks only serve to charge up your super meter, and the supers are the only attacks that matter.  So it's like Dissidia, only there's no health bar.  The system in smash is because it's a versus platformer game and the entire goal is to stay on the platform while knocking the other guy off.  It balanced attacks by making fast or ranged rapidly decrease an opponent's defense, while the slower attacks knock them away.  I don't get what they're going for.

Doesn't look bad, surprisingly.  It looks polished, stages are kinda neat, and with a name as stupidly generic as All-Stars Battle Royale, it looks competent unlike Move Heroes on the Move.  It's just...Smash brothers.  I like smash brothers, but I would've liked an arena game like power stone or gundam vs gundam.

And I don't think they'll go crazy with the fan service like they need to.  Smash Bros Melee went stupid and had Ice Climbers and Mr Game and Watch.  Sony doesn't have as great a history as Nintendo, but no one cared about Ice Climbers, or Pit from Kid Icarus, or even knew who Marth was, or Ness, but they were still in there.  Have a guy from Genji summon a giant enemy crab as a special.  Really stupid stuff like that.  Dark Cloud people, the father from incredible crisis, a space ship from colony wars fighting omega boost.

edit:  read something that said third party characters will be in this too.  that makes it better, maybe.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:36:52 PM by Linkzg »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2012, 06:37:33 PM »
theyre going for "look at this sick awesome move its so awesome" and it is awesome.
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2012, 07:02:01 PM »
youre a idiot greenman. why isnt smash brothers a Nintendownload? why is it full price?
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2012, 07:03:54 PM »
also it doesnt matter about character draws. smash games their own type of gameplay thats fun. "relevance" and "caring" goes out hte window the second you play the game because characters control differently and play differentlt. also smash brothers is full of useless unpopular characters
USA

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »
This game looks so shitty that my mind is blown that some distinguished mentally-challenged fellow at Sony greenlit the funding for this turkey.
🍆🍆

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2012, 07:19:57 PM »
how does it look shitty? it looks exactly like smash brothers but with better characters and more interesting stages
USA

Bebpo

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2012, 08:15:29 PM »
This game looks so shitty that my mind is blown that some distinguished mentally-challenged fellow at Sony greenlit the funding for this turkey.

Come on.  This is a very smart business move.

How much do you think it cost Sony to finance this no-name developer to sit down and copy Smash Bros with Sony characters?  This is not a very expensive game to develop.  Otoh it will sell ok amounts.  Nothing like Smash, but Sony fanboys and people who want party games and the occasionally curious person will pick it up and maybe it'll do 500k sales in the first few months.  Then Sony can spend even less money developing yearly or bi-yearly sequel updates with more characters and continue to profit while having a mascot fighter to list in their "vs. Nintendo" power point presentations.

There was no reason not to make this game.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2012, 08:21:53 PM »
I think the real problem is that Smash a character-driven affair.  It gives spergs glee to see Mario fighting Fox who will fight Link.  Sony characters aren't anywhere near as well known or iconic.  So you have a party game featuring a bunch of unknown characters (while banking its success on how well the unknown characters will be known) who will be glowing.  There isn't a sizable contingent of people who know of Parappa and even fewer people who want to have Parappa fight against Kratos.

Maybe Sony can pay good money to have Mega Man or Sonic in this game.
🍆🍆

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2012, 08:23:11 PM »
I think the real problem is that Smash a character-driven affair.  It gives spergs glee to see Mario fighting Fox who will fight Link.  Sony characters aren't anywhere remotely interesting.

Fixed that for ya.
Hi

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2012, 08:26:16 PM »
Certainly Smash owes it success to fan-wank novelty, but the mechanics that lay the foundation in smash are really good. I have yet to play a game that competently copies it. Was hoping this would be the Smash Bros' Crash Team Racing.

:(

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
I think the real problem is that Smash a character-driven affair.  It gives spergs glee to see Mario fighting Fox who will fight Link.  Sony characters aren't anywhere near as well known or iconic.  So you have a party game featuring a bunch of unknown characters (while banking its success on how well the unknown characters will be known) who will be glowing.  There isn't a sizable contingent of people who know of Parappa and even fewer people who want to have Parappa fight against Kratos.

The only characters Nintendo have that outsell Sony products are Mario and Pokemon. Everything else gets outsold ESPECIALLY in the case of games where their minor characters star in (wario world, peach castle, kirby) so this argument is invalid
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »
Also how are SOnys characters not interesting? they're way more interesting than nintendos.

lol generic plumber generic talking animals lol
USA

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »

this game had optimus prime vs solid snake vs bomberman :rock :rock :rock

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:34:09 PM by magus »
<----

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2012, 08:34:33 PM »
Characters missing:

- Marcus PSP
- Kevin Butler
- HAZE "I changed sides" dude
- Giant Enemy Crab
- Chad Warden

:rofl
itm

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »
if one of kratos' special moves is fucking fat princess in a quicktime event i'll change my mind and buy it
sup

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2012, 08:37:56 PM »
my question is why isnt this day and date on vita
USA

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2012, 08:45:29 PM »
because it's become increasingly obvious they don't have a fucking clue what to do with vita, in typical sony fashion they just threw it out there and went TA-DA! and expected everyone to fall all over it, and then the cricket sounds.

just like ps eye. just like ps move. only this thing costs the same price as their home console.

two games have been announced in the last two months (this, and lbp karting) which would have been perfectly suitable for a handheld, and in both cases "no plans for vita." they really, truly, have absolutely no idea what the fuck they're doing. they will abandon the fuck out of the vita as soon as the PS4 is officially announced.
sup

Takao

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »

I don't know why Sony would pay to advertise third party characters... They've already confirmed third party characters will be in this game.

It would be amazingly cruel if MegaMan were to appear in this game, and he just so happened to be Volnutt. Volnutt is the closest MegaMan to PlayStation history as every Legends game has been on Sony hardware.

my question is why isnt this day and date on vita

Because that creates an "either/or" situation Does someone spring for the PS3 version, or the Vita version? By doing a late port you add content not in the PS3 version, and give it a chance to shine on its own without getting buried by the PS3 version. I'd expect SuperBot to be working on a Vita version once development gets closer to the finish line.

Both this an LBP Karting scream obvious Vita games to me.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2012, 08:55:28 PM »

lol generic mouse
lol generic rabbit
lol generic fat, bald man

Take that Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, and Homer Simpson.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »
because it's become increasingly obvious they don't have a fucking clue what to do with vita, in typical sony fashion they just threw it out there and went TA-DA! and expected everyone to fall all over it, and then the cricket sounds.

just like ps eye. just like ps move. only this thing costs the same price as their home console.

two games have been announced in the last two months (this, and lbp karting) which would have been perfectly suitable for a handheld, and in both cases "no plans for vita." they really, truly, have absolutely no idea what the fuck they're doing. they will abandon the fuck out of the vita as soon as the PS4 is officially announced.

I think that Sony is probably already looking for ways to drop the Vita without it turning into a disaster.  It will be a big question to see what there is for Vita at E3.  If the answer is "jack shit," I think we can expect a slow, quiet death until the PS4 comes out in which they can just discontinue production.
🍆🍆

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »

lol generic mouse
lol generic rabbit
lol generic fat, bald man

Take that Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, and Homer Simpson.

lol generic 60s rock group
USA

Bebpo

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »
I have a feeling the reason it's not on Vita, like with LBP Karting and a ton of other stuff, is the magic port button doesn't work yet.  Vita came in underpowered and it's not easy at all to port games from PS3 to Vita.  I think devs are trying to learn how to program for Vita right now so that they can make it super easy and cheap to port over to in the future.  But I feel like Sony threw out Vita, even to developers, at the last minute and everyone needs to sit down for a year and learn how to program on the damn thing.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2012, 09:26:44 PM »
rip the getaway
USA

Takao

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Sony setting up outside studios specifically to make a game isn't that uncommon. That's how Level-5 was created, and it seems like that may be the situation with Eat Sleep Play as well.

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
Anyone remember Onimusha Blade Warriors?  Now that was a Smash ripoff, even the character selection screen was the same.

Bloody horrendous game, who the hell decided that an Omimusha party fighting game would be a good idea?

Takao

« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2012, 12:06:14 AM »
Dream Mix TV World Fighters was fun

Optimus Prime vs. Tyson from Beyblade vs. Solid Snake

hell yeah

Sho Nuff

« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2012, 12:23:06 AM »
Characters missing:

- Marcus PSP
- Kevin Butler
- Giant Enemy Crab
- Chad Warden

Can I add

- Viral video gone wrong PSP Rap Guy
- Racist White PSP Ad Girl

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2012, 12:33:15 AM »
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2012, 02:22:44 AM »
Characters missing:

- Marcus PSP
- Kevin Butler
- Giant Enemy Crab
- Chad Warden

Can I add

- Racist White PSP Ad Girl
Man, The Bore dream roster for this game is way better than what's actually been confirmed so far. :lol
Hi

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2012, 02:30:20 AM »
We need to have Lloyd, because lloyd is just the most badass name for a big villain ever

They need to keep the absolutely shitty dialogue as well, it's part of what made this one of the games of forever for me

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2012, 02:35:09 AM »
Characters missing:

- Marcus PSP
- Kevin Butler
- Giant Enemy Crab
- Chad Warden

Can I add