Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 - We're finally Next-Gen!  (Read 160598 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 - "2077" Refers To The Release Date
« Reply #300 on: January 26, 2020, 10:42:21 AM »
nobody reading a MMaRsu post that long my g

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: January 26, 2020, 10:46:04 AM »
nobody reading a MMaRsu post that long my g

Eyy good to see you bless up toku  :-*

It's a pretty long post but cmon man this is straight up horseshit
What

kingv

« Reply #302 on: January 26, 2020, 10:54:51 AM »
There is a fair amount of dumb icon “activities” in Witcher 3, but you can skip all of them. I doubt I did even 10% of the side quests that are just “free prisoners here” or “treasure stash” and still spent 80 hours in the game.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: January 26, 2020, 11:23:33 AM »
Now if we are talking about world building and immersion, i fully agree that I feel more immersed in RDR2's world than Witcher 3's world.
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #304 on: January 26, 2020, 12:01:05 PM »
Both the 2 recent AC's and TW3 have a ton of padding that you can skip but also some really awesome quests that you could miss out on.
What I prefer in those games over the previous AC games is that all these activities are relatively short and can be done along the way.
You don't have to deviate far from the main path to hit up a few beasts, collect some loot and move to the next main objective.

There's room for improvement sure, I hope Cyberpunk 2077 is able to mix things up in this regard.
I have some ideas of how to remedy the marker games. We're not there yet but games like AC, BoTW and TW3 show great improvement over the previous batch of 'busywork' games.
Having choices like in the new AC's/TW3 certainly helps. But also making travel and discovery itself more interesting like Nintendo did with BOTW.

I must say though that I like most of the side activities in Odyssey. Planning mass murder in the forts can be great fun.
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: January 26, 2020, 12:05:22 PM »
Im not saying I dont find the forts fun, but it's exactly the same since FarCry 3
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #306 on: January 26, 2020, 02:51:53 PM »
TW3 isn't exactly much more of an RPG than Horizon is dude - it's basically a lite A-RPG.

Character progression is entirely limited to a bunch of skills with hard restrictions on hw many you can actually use, and while TW3's trees count more skills, they're also full of useless shite, or stuff that shouldn't even be a skill eating up a slot to begin with. Like a goddamn basic strong attack or the "ability" to use a crossbow :derp

And then the whole "increase basic thing #4 by 5%". Again, nothing particularly deep or interesting, just a bunch of repetitive minmaxing crap.
Then again the combat gameplay is utter trash so who cares really.

We'll see if they've corrected the course with 2077. Presumably they have, but CDPR is just as bad as Ubi and co when it comes to overhyping the depth of their game - remember the "deep tactical combat" claims in their initial TW3 gameplay demos? Lolz.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: January 26, 2020, 03:14:57 PM »
TW3 isn't exactly much more of an RPG than Horizon is

:lol

Horizon with it's 22 sidequests?  :lol cmon man

Horizon is an action game, with some slight rpg influences.

Listen, I really loved Horizon, but it ain't an rpg.
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #308 on: January 26, 2020, 03:41:24 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_Zero_Dawn
Horizon Zero Dawn is an action role-playing game developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt[a] is a 2015 action role-playing game developed and published by CD Projekt and based on The Witcher series of fantasy novels by Andrzej Sapkowski.

:confused
ど助平

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #309 on: January 26, 2020, 03:46:09 PM »
There is a fair amount of dumb icon “activities” in Witcher 3, but you can skip all of them. I doubt I did even 10% of the side quests that are just “free prisoners here” or “treasure stash” and still spent 80 hours in the game.

A bunch you literally just happen upon, comparing it to other shit is  :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #310 on: January 26, 2020, 03:48:44 PM »

Yes, cause unlike CDPR, GG decided to make a focused game and not revel in drenching their game in a lot of useless padding shite.
Still has a lot more diversity than TW3 on many levels.

But since you found the whole "omg Geralt plz halp an evil monster is attacking our village btw did you know that I lost my cat when I was 4yo?  :'(" repeated ad nauseum to be great game design and powerful writing, I guess we're gonna disagree anyway.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #311 on: January 26, 2020, 03:51:46 PM »
Yup, the ratio Bloody Baron Quest / "HELP WITCHER I LOST MY BROOM" Quest is about 1:20.

I think that developers are worried that these games are too short or there's not enough to do in the game.
BOTW with its negative space design philosophy was more courageous in that regard.
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #312 on: January 26, 2020, 04:01:19 PM »

This was the best part of Horizon.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: January 26, 2020, 04:10:58 PM »
How does Horizon have more diversity? Are you actually gonna back this up with some examples or do I have to wait till I grow.mushrooms out of my ass?
What

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #314 on: January 26, 2020, 04:28:46 PM »
This discussion has become exceedingly stupid, even for bire gaming side standards. And I get it, sometimes when you just don't like something you say crazy shit, Raist. I mean fuck, look at my posts about Kojima "games."
yar

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2020, 06:29:58 PM »

Yes, cause unlike CDPR, GG decided to make a focused game and not revel in drenching their game in a lot of useless padding shite.

Oh wait, you were serious... ::)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #316 on: January 29, 2020, 08:18:51 AM »
Yup, the ratio Bloody Baron Quest / "HELP WITCHER I LOST MY BROOM" Quest is about 1:20.

I think that developers are worried that these games are too short or there's not enough to do in the game.
BOTW with its negative space design philosophy was more courageous in that regard.

I hated the Bloody Baron quest. Fuck that drunk piece of shit. Wish I could have just killed him and have it be done. Goddamn baby revival shit fuck off
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #317 on: January 29, 2020, 12:53:17 PM »
Obsessively clearing every icon off the map because you don't want it to end.  :existential

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #318 on: January 29, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »
It just adds to the feel of the world for me;  I don't think Witcher 3 is a prime example of this necessarily but it's pretty good with it.

Skyrim is my prime example;   you can boil down almost all of the side-quests into categories (most are just "fetch me something" quests) but there's JUST enough variety to make it feel like a living world more than most games to me.    I still randomly find NPCs I never bothered to talk to who have some little thing for me to do.
Didn't skyrim had that random generator, for its side quests? I remember them talking about infinite quests, at the time.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #319 on: January 29, 2020, 06:03:22 PM »
I like games with tons of pointless side quests mixed in with the more meaningful ones.

Actually playing a game with any sense of urgency :nope

Faffing about for 130 hours :ohyeah

I do like it when a game is screaming ‘THE END IS NIGH WE MUST ACT QUICKLY  :gddr5’ in the main quest

But is also throwing a dozen plus hours worth of side quests at you like  :-*
(ice)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #320 on: January 29, 2020, 06:21:16 PM »
Didn't skyrim had that random generator, for its side quests? I remember them talking about infinite quests, at the time.
Yeah, radiant quests. There's a separate category for them in the quest log, so that you can collapse it and forget about them entirely. Truly infinite, but boring as anything.

Svejk

« Reply #321 on: February 19, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »
Hi everyone, happy to share some exciting news: Cyberpunk 2077 will be available on GeForce NOW the day it’s released.

GeForce NOW members will be able to grab their copy on Steam and play the game the moment it’s available. GeForce NOW Founders members can explore the streets of Night City with RTX ON, fully optimized and instantly available, even on your Mac laptop.

We’re thrilled to work with CD PROJEKT RED to bring its eagerly-anticipated game to GeForce NOW. And while you wait, be sure to check out CDPR’s critically acclaimed Witcher series, also available to play through GeForce NOW.

We’re PC gamers too, so we’ll be right there with you playing Cyberpunk on Day One. Stay tuned for more news.

And don't forget to enter the #RTXOn Sweepstakes for a chance to win a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Cyberpunk 2077 Edition GPU. More here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/cyberpunk-2077-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-gpu/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-announcements/22/343462/cyberpunk-2077-coming-to-geforce-now/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2020, 11:55:07 AM »
 :what. Shouldn't that apply for anyone who gets it on any platform??  PS4 to PS5, etc.?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #324 on: February 24, 2020, 02:31:42 PM »
sony allowing free upgrades :lol

Svejk

« Reply #325 on: February 24, 2020, 03:00:21 PM »
sony allowing free upgrades :lol
Yeah not holding my breath.. they did it for Journey and Hotline Miami though, so who knows.
I think what's not computing for me, is the more blurry line of jumping to "next gen"... Like, how much more will the upgrade have over current gen, other than textures, lighting effects and so forth?  Will it be a significant difference where it will change the gameplay kinda like Shadow of Mordor was (between PS3 and PS4; PS3 not having the nemesis system)? ...  And for the most likely inevitable BC of PS4.. will it just be an enhanced PS4 version, or the "upgraded" version?... Just seems weird and doesn't make sense to my feeble mind..

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #326 on: February 24, 2020, 03:05:41 PM »
raytracing and the speed of ssd are both really impressive improvements, more the ssd stuff imo. ssd has been awesome on pc and i imagine on a console it should be just as great if not better. other graphics stuff i dunno, just because games already look really good but i feel like i say that every generation and i'm proven wrong so wtf do i know?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #329 on: May 07, 2020, 07:49:26 PM »
it's not a deep fake if it's real shallow

:rollsafe

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #331 on: May 07, 2020, 07:58:06 PM »
how is that the lesson
QED

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #332 on: May 07, 2020, 08:08:42 PM »
how is that the lesson
People who are looking to complain will complain anyway.
Which in the gaming/nerd space is a common occurrence.

So in CDP's case, they should add options based on what they want to do from a creative standpoint, rather than reacting to people complaining on Twitter, 4chan or whatever else.
The mass market doesn't care anyway.

I think it's cool they added all the customization, personally, but just asking yourself who's going to be upset (when it comes to these internet groups) is a lost battle.

EDIT: to explain better; the idea that "this pleases everyone" is flawed because for so many in places like 4chan, the goal is about being a contrarian, more than this or that (bigoted) ideal itself.
But of course in the privacy of their home, everyone's still going to buy the next big AAA rpg from CDP, so it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 08:13:49 PM by Don Rumata »

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #334 on: May 07, 2020, 08:15:04 PM »
how is that the lesson

So in CDP's case, they should add options based on what they want to do from a creative standpoint, rather than reacting to people complaining on Twitter, 4chan or whatever else.

I think it's cool they added all the customization, personally, but just asking yourself who's going to be upset (when it comes to these internet groups) is a lost battle.

sorry but wrong. the real lesson is that only through passionate struggle between opposing social forces can we reach a higher synthesis, thats dialectic baby
QED

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2020, 08:19:12 PM »
This was the plan all along if you read any of the dev interviews.

It was also their defense for the 'trans-phobic accusations'.
In their game you could be whoever you want to be and look however you want to look, because humanity is at a point where body augmentation is common place.
They didn't over correct, this was part of their game design.
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2020, 08:26:14 PM »
how is that the lesson

sorry but wrong. the real lesson is that only through passionate struggle between opposing social forces can we reach a higher synthesis, thats dialectic baby
Why do you see extreme behaviour (often marred by mental illness), as a distillation of more reasonable, moderate postions? I guess that's where i really disagree.
It's not a linear spectrum from one end, all the way to the other.
I don't see 4chan and whatever's on the other end, as two opposing ideologies, is what i'm saying.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2020, 08:37:49 PM »
so it was delayed to add an ass slider? worth it 100%

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #338 on: May 07, 2020, 08:47:53 PM »

Why do you see extreme behaviour (often marred by mental illness), as a distillation of more reasonable, moderate postions? I guess that's where i really disagree.

agreed it's not a line it's a Togliatti surface.
QED

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #339 on: May 07, 2020, 08:57:07 PM »
so it was delayed to add an ass slider? worth it 100%
cock/clit slider *

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #340 on: May 07, 2020, 09:49:40 PM »

agreed it's not a line it's a Togliatti surface.
(Image removed from quote.)
That's a 2030 Pokemon design.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2020, 12:34:49 AM »
The mix and match approach to gender here is Saints Row letting you pick any voice for anyone and their sex appeal slider taken to the next level. :bow
Hi

kingv

« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2020, 04:03:20 PM »
Newhalf Life 3!

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2020, 04:23:36 PM »
Can't wait until my character has huge anime tiddies and a magnum dong
yar

Svejk

« Reply #344 on: May 29, 2020, 08:49:33 AM »
whatever this means exactly....

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #345 on: May 29, 2020, 09:00:56 AM »
just release it :stahp
(ice)

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #346 on: May 29, 2020, 05:48:56 PM »

Don't worry, the pandemic will still be going on when it finally comes out.
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #347 on: May 29, 2020, 06:21:24 PM »
awwwww yiss. I need this game  :rejoice
🤴

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #348 on: May 29, 2020, 06:50:30 PM »

Don't worry, the pandemic will still be going on when it finally comes out.

Yeah but we’ll all be forced back to work anyway
WDW

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #349 on: May 29, 2020, 07:54:52 PM »
Some of us haven't stopped working!

:fbm
yar

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2020, 01:53:04 AM »

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2020, 05:38:53 AM »
Rumours I have heard that the old demo that was played behind the scenes etc is going to be out for download. We shall see, I hope so, couple days and we'll find out!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2020, 07:42:03 AM »
like, a demo? 😱
What

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #353 on: June 08, 2020, 07:46:02 AM »
Rumours I have heard that the old demo that was played behind the scenes etc is going to be out for download. We shall see, I hope so, couple days and we'll find out!

That'd be really ballsy, demos generally are vertical slices that get outdated quickly. Are they really that confident that their performance on PC and the gameplay hasn't changed in the meanwhile?

Svejk

« Reply #354 on: June 08, 2020, 09:43:24 AM »
I'd be down for a 70GB demo   :rejoice

I'm highly skeptical, but that would be dope... I wish they'd at least do what Volition did for the Row, and have the character creator available to download ahead of time to have your character prepped and ready to jump into the full game when it drops....
 :ufup This should be mandatory for all games that have a robust character creator.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #355 on: June 08, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm for the demo. I just think it'll give the wrong impression/false impressions since they changed the character creator from that closed-door to now (and have noted it in public). What all does that demo represent in the final besides Night City and the look/art direction? That's what I'm more getting at.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #356 on: June 08, 2020, 10:12:59 AM »
I kind of don't see the point.
Everyone and their mother will buy this game regardless (unless it gets destroyed in reviews, but i doubt it).
What can a demo accomplish? Making you play the (likely) weakest part of the game (combat), without the added context created by the role playing experience of playing your own save?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #357 on: June 08, 2020, 10:39:44 AM »
Yeah I'm not sure about a demo either, it's just something that has been said a few times so thought I'd say it's possible. We'll see what they come out with in a few days I guess.

I would really like to get one just so I could play it but eh we shall see....

Svejk

« Reply #358 on: June 08, 2020, 10:52:55 AM »
Even though I'll be playing this on my OG PS4 in all it's glorious shittiness, I'm gonna have that shit levitating with the fans brrrrr'ing so loud...  launch glitches galore...  And I'm gonna love every goddam second of it.  So ready for this game!!!
 :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

Ghoul

« Reply #359 on: June 08, 2020, 12:21:40 PM »
I'm looking at my PC atm and thinking hmmm probably should switch out my ryzen 2600x to the 3900x